Author Topic: President Trump  (Read 431992 times)

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd
« Reply #1101 on: June 01, 2016, 07:56:46 PM »
Check this out:

Lead law firm suing Trump in class action law suit granted by the liberal judge of Mexican heritage gave *$675,000* to Hillary since 2009.  Wow.  100K / yr.  What do they want?

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/exclusive-law-firm-behind-trump-university-lawsuit-gave-big-money-to-the-clintons/

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
From PPs site Hotgas
« Reply #1102 on: June 02, 2016, 06:04:08 PM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Trump
« Reply #1103 on: June 03, 2016, 09:13:33 PM »
This business of getting in a snark fest over whether a "Mexican" judge can fairly judge him is beyond stupid.   :x :x :x

Anyway, let's keep our eye on this site and see what we think: 

http://journalofamericangreatness.blogspot.com/p/who-are-we.html

http://journalofamericangreatness.blogspot.com/

I'm intrigued.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: June 03, 2016, 10:24:21 PM »
This business of getting in a snark fest over whether a "Mexican" judge can fairly judge him is beyond stupid.   :x :x :x

Anyway, let's keep our eye on this site and see what we think: 

http://journalofamericangreatness.blogspot.com/p/who-are-we.html

http://journalofamericangreatness.blogspot.com/

I'm intrigued.

The more rioting by illegals and marxists I see, the more I am willing to vote Trump, no matter all my previously stated issued with Trump.

I wonder how many rioters are bringing voters to Trump, that would have voted otherwise.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: June 04, 2016, 05:29:27 AM »
"The more rioting by illegals and marxists I see, the more I am willing to vote Trump, no matter all my previously stated issued with Trump."  Wow - from GM!   :-o

Over the past year that is what happened to me.  I have a lot of trouble with his personality and personal attacks and lack of depth.  Yet he IS the only one who stands up for some of the Right's issues.

He has been absolutely correct that we wouldn't be talking about immigration if it were not for him.  Instead there would be some cowardly references to immigration REFORM.  Not enforcement.

Also the overall theme of make America great again is exactly what I have hoped to hear from other candidates most of whom all talk about just getting along with a left that is not about compromise and getting along.

The rest just don't get it or won't get it.

I agree with Crafty about the way he attacked the judge.  However the judge and the prosecutor both have conflicts of interest for sure and pointing this out is in my view justified and as a defense is reasonable but perhaps better to let his attorneys do it in a way that is not totally insulting and if anything risking pissing the judge off.

Just my simpleton opinion.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: June 04, 2016, 12:57:00 PM »
quote author=ccp
"The more rioting by illegals and marxists I see, the more I am willing to vote Trump, no matter all my previously stated issues with Trump."  Wow - from GM!   :-o

I am drawing a distinction between supporting Trump and voting for Trump.  I don't support him and maybe never will.  I will vote for him on election day if that will matter in terms of stopping something far worse from happening.

At this point, I am hoping to mostly support Paul Ryan on matters of the economy, budget and entitlement reform and hope the overlap between the House and a Trump White House becomes good policy and can pass a divided Senate.

On matters of foreign policy, I am praying for good advice to come to a President Trump through the chair of the joint chiefs etc. and that he will choose policies and battles wisely.

On matters of judicial appointments, I don't trust him one bit but must choose what is likely to be better than Hillary.

I hope but doubt he will pick a VP that I would want to be President.  Still, whoever he picks will be better than Hillary, Bernie or whoever they pick for a heartbeat away.

If Trump cannot make my state competitive, I will simply write in my real first choice, whoever that is come November.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: June 04, 2016, 06:34:06 PM »
"I agree with Crafty about the way he attacked the judge.  However the judge and the prosecutor both have conflicts of interest for sure and pointing this out is in my view justified and as a defense is reasonable but perhaps better to let his attorneys do it in a way that is not totally insulting and if anything risking pissing the judge off."

There are TONS of SERIOUS things to be discussing, TONS of hard core ways of seriously going after the EDC, but instead he gifts the Left with this?!?!?!?
 :x :x :x

If the judge has a conflict of interest, let his lawyers so move and keep the Trump U. issue off the radar screen!  Don't fuel it you fg moron!  :x :x :x

PS: It is a civil suit, there is no prosecutor, there is a plaintiff.  The attorneys for the plaintiffs are major contributors to Hillary and that is worth noting, but the term conflict of interest does not apply for them IMHO.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: June 05, 2016, 03:47:38 AM »
"PS: It is a civil suit, there is no prosecutor, there is a plaintiff.  The attorneys for the plaintiffs are major contributors to Hillary and that is worth noting, but the term conflict of interest does not apply for them IMHO."

Thanks for clarification.

If a judge in a civil case seems to rule in a way that is not following a "reasonable" interpretation of the law is that grounds for some action of some kind?  Such as an appeal?

I am only asking out of ignorance and seeking "counsel" here so to speak.  I really don't know.

I mean judge's are expected to be impartial and follow the law right?  So what if a judge seems to be biased and goes out of bounds?

Just like we doctors have our biases.  Some of us support Obamacare some like me are not fans.   I don't recall taking a patient's own political views into account when treating them.

OTOH I never brought up politics unless the patient did and I would agree with them.  If I didn't I would nod yes and move on. 

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: June 05, 2016, 10:40:44 AM »
I do not know the law as applies to Trump's claim that the case should have been dismissed when the lawyers sought to withdraw the plaintiff-- sounds like he has a point, but again I do not know the law.  Regardless, he should be letting his lawyers do the talking on this.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Donald obviously does not read this board
« Reply #1111 on: June 05, 2016, 01:12:49 PM »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Trump damage to Republicans, all is already lost
« Reply #1113 on: June 06, 2016, 07:59:32 AM »
From 2016 Presidential and WSJ Bret Stephens statement:
This is certainly a possibility that Trump could do so much damage that he would in the long game screw it up for good for Republicans.

With the nomination of Trump, I already see the permanent loss of my economic viewpoint of economic freedom and limited government.  We lost at least half of the so-called right and all of the center and left.  Not much of a reason left to pick up the pieces.

The right is divided and the misguided on economic issues won.  Go to a pro-Trump site and read the comments sections.  Trump voters HATE Cruz, Rubio and most of the others.  Where Reagan tolerated government protectionism is emergency exception situations, Trump big government advocates label those in favor of a dynamic economic based on economic freedom, "free traitors".  

Like Suzette Kelo's and Vera Coking's houses, Trump supporters are full force behind the new government knows best movement supposedly on the right.  This is not the exception to his view; it is the centerpiece.  I will not compare Trump to the German leader with the mustache, but his most enthusiastic supporters certainly remind me of zeal and false righteousness of those in the early days of that movement.

With Trump I am stuck with a) his message to Indiana, they lost their jobs due to free trade competition, not mismanagement at home, and b) the world would be more stable if we let Saddam Hussein continue his reign of tyranny and pursuit of nuclear weapons.

Hillary Clinton knows we can't afford all her ideas and that Presidential popularity is tied to economic growth.  

How either one would govern is a complete mystery.

Trump may stumble into success in foreign policy even though his words have been nonsense.  HRC may realize that big government requires a big private sector to fund it.

Neither candidate remotely resembles my economic or foreign policy views.

Add to that Trump's temperament, the latest example slamming a judge from Indiana for his heritage.  If Trump stumbles because of that, the support for his misguided policies lives on.

Add in a Bill Kristol style third party candidate.  The most he or she could do is pick off a couple of so called red states, ensure a HRC victory and take all the blame.

All is already lost.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 08:02:54 AM by DougMacG »

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
David Horowitz Destroys the "Never Trump" Argument...
« Reply #1114 on: June 06, 2016, 09:20:18 AM »
The Never-Trump Diehards

Time to admit defeat and fold your tents.

June 2, 2016
David Horowitz

Reprinted from Breitbart.

One would have though that having failed to stop Trump’s nomination and then failed to find a prominent figure to lead their third-party effort, the beltway renegades would have been embarrassed enough to crawl under a nearby rock where they might ponder their lost credibility and squandered influence. Who, after all, could take seriously a movement launched through a tweet announcing an “impressive” candidate with a “good chance” to alter a national election, who turned out to be an obscure writer with no footprint in the political world?

But if one expected the beltway boys to have second thoughts about their nihilism, one would have been wrong, at least for now. Eyebrows had barely settled when the magazine whose manifesto launched the movement published a list of reasons for their anti-Trump sentiment that others must have missed. Why did they miss them? Because they were “obscured by the fog of political war,” and therefore “insufficiently studied and understood.” Preposterous as this explanation might seem after seven or eight months of Trump-pounding by National Review, Commentary, the Weekly Standard and the vast liberal media conspiracy, the actual reasons proposed by Nicholas Frankovich are even more so.

I will confine myself to the three coherent ones:

“The so-called alt-right, a fusion of nationalism with anti-Semitism and white separatism, has attached itself to Trumpism. Feed the host, and you feed the parasite.” That’s the reason, according to Frankovich – insufficiently studied and understood. But this makes about as much sense as blaming Trump for the violent fascists who “protest” his speeches. To be fair, Frankovich concedes that Trump himself is not a racist or anti-Semite, and also that most of his supporters are innocent, as well. But then he leaps to absurdities like this: “One reason that conservative writers are more likely than the average conservative to be Never Trump may be that they know that the alt-right exists. They spend more time in the political corners of the Internet where that particular virus that the Trump campaign has emboldened is still largely confined.”

So the big, insufficiently understood reason for Never Trump is that somewhere in the political corners of the Internet is a virus that Trump has somehow emboldened, but which is still largely confined to those corners. Perhaps the Never Trumpers haven’t noticed that the virus of anti-Semitic, anti-white racism is out in the streets in large and violent numbers, protesting Trump rallies, or swelling the ranks of Bernie supporters, or that Bernie himself has picked three anti-Semitic, pro-terrorist allies to be on the platform committee of the Democratic Party. If Trump’s virus is still confined to fringe characters on the Internet and Bernie’s and Hillary’s are out in the streets and on the Democrats’ platform committee, what reason can there be for opposing the one man (because he’s the candidate, fellas) who can stop them?

This leads Frankovich “to a second under-examined reason that many conservatives oppose Trump’s candidacy: It has had the effect of legitimizing race-based grievance and of expanding the sphere of speech that is considered taboo, or politically incorrect.” In other words, since Trump has had the balls to blast through the orthodoxy of the left-wing party line, he has also expanded the sphere of politically incorrect speech, which includes racism! How about the racism of the Democratic Party, which remains, after all is said and done, politically correct?

Democrats support racial preferences in hiring, in school admissions — in fact, in virtually every aspect of public life. Democrats control every large inner city, every killing zone – Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, New Orleans, St. Louis – and control them 100%, and have done so for fifty to a hundred years. Every racist oppression in inner-city America, the failed schools that deny minority children a shot at the American dream, the welfare systems that drive fathers out of the homes and encourage dependency at every level, are products of Democratic policies.

Yet, the Never Trumpers are upset not over the perpetuation of this racist nightmare, which their campaign could make possible, but over the fact that Trump has expanded the discourse – the freedom to speak! – of American politicians and their constituents.

Finally, according to Frankovich, “Trumpism reflects a degradation of American culture but also promotes it. Some of Trump’s fans thrill to his transgression of commonly accepted standards of decency and decorum. Others tolerate it, for the sake of some good they hope he might achieve.” Thinking about this transgression, I am put in mind of a quip from Woody Allen’s Annie Hall: “Lyndon Johnson is a politician. You know the ethics those guys have. It’s like a notch beneath child molester.”

The transgression is ongoing; only one side gets to do it more than the other. When Democrats warn voters that black churches will burn if Republicans are elected, as they have done in several presidential campaigns, or accuse Republicans of wanting to put blacks back in chains, as Joe Biden did in the last election, does that lie within the bounds of “accepted standards of decency and decorum”?

The degradation of the political culture is now a fact of political life, as Trump’s opponent Hillary Clinton knows all too well. Does fighting back in kind equate to a promotion of degradation? If it does, should one not do it? Should Trump fight with one hand tied behind his back like other Republicans? Should Trump’s chief Republican rivals also have refrained from taunts in kind?

What Frankovich and the Never Trumpers refuse to see is that the political contest as waged by Democrats – and not only Democrats – is already a form of war. Trump’s political style and tactics have allowed him to prevail on a primary battlefield where no one thought he could survive.

Now the battle is with a racist party that wants to dismantle our borders and cripple our defenses in the holy war that Islamists are waging against us. There is no neutral ground. Nor is there a referee to impose rules of decorum and punish transgressors. Only the electorate can do that. The Republican electorate, however, has already spoken on this issue. Their nominee is Trump, and anyone who cherishes our constitutional system is bound to respect that.

Or have the honesty to declare their support for the other side. Or sit the battle out. What is not acceptable is to sabotage your own army in the field and pretend that you don’t want the enemy to win.

"You have enemies?  Good.  That means that you have stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Trump and the Judge
« Reply #1115 on: June 06, 2016, 09:47:17 AM »
Hat tip, (our own) Pat Pulatie, Hotgas.net
https://www.hotgas.net/2016/06/trump-and-the-judge/
http://journalofamericangreatness.blogspot.com/2016/06/trump-and-judge.html
---------------------------------------------------

My view:
Trump University was a rip off.  Still, the lawsuit is most likely frivolous.  Anyone who bought Trump's book, which is no doubt all of them, (and had they read it objectively) knew they would learn nothing helpful from these programs.  Anyone who bought the first program and paid attention should know they would learn nothing.  Still I have no regrets if some judge or jury awards the fools their money back.  The whole product was a farce.  Yet many graduates of this type of program want the certificate for what its worth to go forth and BS others.  They learned as victims how to separate fools from their money.

The Judge's parents were Americans.  Before that they were Mexicans who came here legally and got citizenship long before the Judge was born.  No illegal status or anchor baby issue exists in his family that I can see.

The Judge honored illegal immigrants, he likely supports Obama, and he brags of his Mexican ties maybe more so than his American pride.  Had Trump jumped on his views instead of his heritage, then his attack might have been fair.  If that what he was doing, he bugled it.  Trump did attack him for bias, but allowed his comments to be taken as on his heritage instead of his views.

Trump's history that he can get away with saying anything is not always going to be helpful to his choice of future comments.  He needs a wider base to win 270 electoral votes than he needed when he started to win a plurality in a divided field in one party.

Trump appears to be putting the interests of winning his lawsuit ahead of winning the Presidency.  He is trying to influence the Judge's next decision by attacking him, but forgot he was running for President?  Just like the media and the electorate, Trump is easily distracted.

Meanwhile we head into summer talking about shiny objects instead of a focus on reigning in our runaway government. 

One more example of why Donald Trump is not Reagan and is not my choice for President.

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
Greenfield: Trump's Islam Narrative is Just Reality.
« Reply #1116 on: June 06, 2016, 10:48:36 AM »
Trump’s Islam Narrative is Just Reality

Islam really does hate us.

June 6, 2016
Daniel Greenfield

Daniel Greenfield, a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the Freedom Center, is a New York writer focusing on radical Islam.

Former NSA head Michael Hayden recently joined a chorus of Trump’s critics blasting him for offending Muslims. “The jihadist narrative is that there is undying enmity between Islam and the modern world, so when Trump says they all hate us, he’s using their narrative," he said.

That’s true. It’s also meaningless because in this case the narrative is reality.

Jihadists do hate us. Islam has viewed the rest of the world with undying enmity for over a thousand years. Some might quibble over whether a 7th century obsession really counts as “undying”, but it’s a whole lot older than Hayden, the United States of America, our entire language and much of our civilization.

Islam divides the world into the Dar Al-Islam and the Dar Al-Harb, the House of Islam and the House of War. This is not just the jihadist narrative, it is the Islamic narrative and we would be fools to ignore it.

The White House is extremely fond of narratives. The past month featured Ben Rhodes, Obama’s foreign policy guru, taking a victory lap for successfully pushing his “narrative” on the Iran deal. Rhodes takes pride in his narratives. His media allies love narratives. But none of the narratives change the fact that Iran is moving closer to getting a nuclear bomb. Narratives don’t change reality. They’re a delusion.

Narratives only work on the people you fool. They don’t remove the underlying danger. All they do is postpone the ultimate recognition of the problem with catastrophic results.

Islamic terrorism is a reality. Erase all the narratives and the fact of its existence remains.

Instead of fighting a war against the reality of Islamic terrorism, our leaders have chosen to fight a war against reality. They don’t have a plan for defeating Islamic terrorism, but for defeating reality.

So far they have fought reality to a draw. Ten thousand Americans are dead at the hands of Islamic terrorists and Muslim migration to America has doubled. Islamic terrorists are carving out their own countries and our leaders are focused on defeating their “narratives” on social media.

Hayden repeats the familiar nonsense that recognizing reality plays into the enemy narrative. And then the only way to defeat Islamic terrorism is by refusing to recognize its existence out of fear that we might play into its narrative. But Islamic terrorism doesn’t go away when you stop believing in it.

You don’t have to believe in a bomb or a bullet for it to kill you. A plane headed for your office building or a machete at your neck is not a narrative, it is reality. If we can’t tell the difference between reality and what we believe, then reality will kill us. And nothing we believe will change that.

We are not fighting a war of narratives with Islam. This is a war of bombs and bullets, planes crashing into buildings and blades digging into necks. And yet the men in charge of fighting this war remain obsessed with winning a battle of narratives inside the Muslim world. They have no plans for winning the war. Instead they are occupied with managing the intensity of the conflict, taking out the occasional terrorist leader, bombing only when a jihadist group like ISIS has become too powerful, while waiting for their moderate Muslim allies to win the war of narratives for them by discrediting the jihadists.

The narrative mistake is understandable. The left remains convinced that it can get its way through propaganda. Its record is certainly impressive. But it’s strictly a domestic record. Getting Americans to believe seven strictly irrational social justice things before breakfast is very different than convincing the members of a devout tribal society with a deep sense of history that they really don’t want to kill Americans. All that the narrative war accomplished was to show that the propagandists who convinced Americans to vote for their own exploitation have no idea how to even begin convincing Muslims to do anything. Think Again Turn Away was an embarrassment. Various outreach efforts failed miserably. American politicians devoutly apologize for any disrespect to Islam, but Muslims don’t care.

Hayden isn’t wrong that there is a narrative. But Nazism also had a narrative. Once the Nazis had power, they began acting on it and their narrative became a reality that had to be stopped by armed force. But at a deeper level he is wrong because he isn’t reciting the Islamic or even the jihadist narrative, but a deceptive narrative aimed at us in order to block recognition of the problem of Islamic terrorism.

The Islamic narrative isn’t just that we hate them. More importantly, it’s that they hate us. Muslim terrorists are not passively reacting to us. They carry a hatred that is far older than our country. That hatred is encoded in the holy books of Islam. But that hatred is only a means to an end.

Hatred is the means. Conquest is the end.

Assuming that Muslims are oppressed minorities is a profound intellectual error crippling our ability to defend ourselves. Islamic terrorism is not an anti-colonial movement, but a colonial one. ISIS and its Islamic ilk are not oppressed minorities, but oppressive majorities. Islamic terror does not react to us, as men like Hayden insist. Instead we react to Islam. And our obsession with playing into enemy narratives is a typically reactive response. Rising forces generate their own narratives. Politically defeated movements typically obsess about not making things worse by playing into the narratives that their enemies have spread about them. That is why Republicans panic over any accusation of racism. Or why the vanilla center of the pro-Israel movement winces every time Israel shoots a terrorist.

Western leaders claim to be fighting narratives, but they have no interest in actually challenging the Islamic narrative of superiority that is the root cause of this conflict. Instead they take great pains not to offend Muslims. This does not challenge the Islamic supremacist narrative, instead it affirms it.

Rather than challenging Islamic narratives, they are stuck in an Islamic narrative. They are trapped by the Muslim Brotherhood’s narrative of “Good Islamist” and “Bad Islamist” convinced that the only way to win is to appeal to the “Good Islamist” and team up with him to fight the “Bad Islamist”.

The “moderate” Muslim majority who are our only hope for stopping Islamic terrorism is an enemy narrative manufactured and distributed by an Islamic supremacist organization. When we repeat it, we distort our strategy and our thinking in ways that allow us to be manipulated and controlled.

It isn’t Trump who is playing into jihadist narratives, but Hayden and everyone who claims that recognizing Islamic terrorism plays into enemy narratives while failing to recognize that what they are saying is an enemy narrative.

The very notion that the good opinion of the enemy should constrain our military operations, our thinking and even our ability to recognize reality is an enemy narrative of unprecedented effect.

And this is the narrative that our leaders and the leaders of the world have knelt in submission to.

Narratives only have the power that we assign to them. No narrative is stronger than reality unless we believe in it. Not only have our leaders chosen to play into the enemy narrative, but they have accepted its premise as the only way to win. And so they are bound to lose until they break out of the narrative.

"You have enemies?  Good.  That means that you have stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: June 06, 2016, 11:43:08 AM »
Doug:

Thanks for bringing Pat's piece to our attention.  Pretty impressive I thought!

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: June 06, 2016, 11:45:21 AM »
Doug:
Thanks for bringing Pat's piece to our attention.  Pretty impressive I thought!

I think he was linking/quoting another author's piece but he is also writing his own series on the case and the judge.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: June 06, 2016, 03:38:58 PM »
I read PP post about Trumps comments on the judge.   Sometimes it is not what you say but HOW you say it.  He states things sometimes as clumsily and curdely as possible which rather than making his legitimate points does nothing but embolden his enemies.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: June 06, 2016, 04:08:18 PM »
Clarification to my previous post:

"He states things sometimes as clumsily and crudely as possible which rather than making his legitimate points does nothing but embolden his enemies."

I meant Trump , not Pat

Sometimes *context* is everything.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: June 07, 2016, 07:22:28 AM »
I read PP post about Trumps comments on the judge.   Sometimes it is not what you say but HOW you say it.  He [Trump] states things sometimes as clumsily and crudely as possible which rather than making his legitimate points does nothing but embolden his enemies.

Right.  There was a point to be made against this judge and his politics and Trump bungled it.  Trump thinks he is immune from the laws of political correctness, but his detractors already think he is a racist and he keeps giving more and more people reason to think that is true. 

The judge didn't come across the border yesterday.  His parents came, legally, in the 1940s and he was born in Indiana 1300 miles from the border.  If there is a case to be made, it is the judge's politics in question, not his heritage. 

In fact, what Trump was doing was trying to defeat his competition again by public, verbal bullying.  That appeals to some and not to others. 

Byron York has a good take on it today:
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-trump-self-destructive-rambling-baffles-gop-strategists/article/2593163

Trump spent 10 minutes on this in a San Diego speech bringing it back, unnecessarily, into the campaign.  More time than he spent on jobs, military issues or anything else.  York quotes the entire 10 minutes at the end of his column and it is rambling.  Forget what his point was, being able to speak well without notes or script is quite a skill.  Rambling on is not.  If I was there to find out how to make America Great Again, I would have been miserably disappointed.

Add to that his Reagan comparisons.  Reagan got three things done by doggedly keeping his focus on his short list of three things he wanted to get done.  And when he got them done, the US and the world were safer and more prosperous.  Trump's three things are get elected, insult others, and I don't know for sure what else.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: June 07, 2016, 08:02:06 AM »
Trump is NOT a team player.  He is in charge and everyone else must by his disciples  who pick up after him and try to clean up his messes.   

That has worked for those who are delusional to the point of excusing every bomb shell that comes out of his mouth but for the rest it is slow suicide.

I agree with them on many points but they are delusional to think they are going to win over any independents or moderate leftists with this strategy.

I just don't see how this can avoid losing more from the party then we bring in .

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
2nd post today
« Reply #1123 on: June 07, 2016, 08:06:01 AM »
This could go under the humor thread but here is best.  Remember this:
Fake Russian shlongs Trump big time.. Can you imagine him with a real Russian leader?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkxxxuWLSac

laughing out loud.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: June 07, 2016, 09:25:37 AM »
FWIW, (and probably a different organization from the Judge's)

http://pamelageller.com/2016/06/san-jose-police-chief-who-admits-allowing-attacks-on-trump-supporters-is-affiliated-with-la-raza.html/

PS: "La Raza" means "the Race" (as in "Meztizo").

Anyway, looks like we are seeing an example of what we feared with Trump as nominee.

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
The False Comparison of Trump to Hillary...
« Reply #1125 on: June 07, 2016, 10:00:35 AM »
The False Comparison of Trump to Hillary

Unveiling the false equivalence.

June 7, 2016
Bruce Thornton

A lot of Republicans still upset over Donald Trump winning the nomination resort to a false equivalence between Trump and Clinton in order to justify sitting the election out or even voting for Hillary.

Take a recent example by the National Review’s Ramesh Ponnuru. First he lists Hillary’s manifold sins that Trump is innocent of: lying to the parents of the Benghazi victims, promising to nominate hard-left jurists to the Supreme Court, and supporting Obamas’ high-tax economics and unconstitutional amnesty of illegal aliens.

Then Ponnuru offers a catalogue of Trump’s sins Hillary hasn’t committed: mocking a reporter’s disability, indulging a preposterous conspiracy theory about Ted Cruz’s father and Lee Harvey Oswald, threatening a trade war with China, or threatening war crimes against the families of terrorists. Trump’s list presumably balances Hillary’s flaws, in order to make the point that both Trump and Hillary are equally distasteful, thus making the election a Hobson’s choice for principled conservatives.

But this comparison is false and misleading, for Trump and Clinton have had very different careers with different obligations and responsibilities.

Most obviously, Donald Trump is a private citizen who has never held public office. He is a businessman in a world where decorum and class often aren’t as important as sharp elbows and tough negotiating skills, where making a profit is more important than consistency or sparing people’s feelings. His goal is to make money, and his flamboyant life-style is our culture’s sign of his skills and success at doing so. Moreover, his flaws of personality and character, like his rude bluster and outrageous claims, are not, alas, that exceptional or different from those of millions of other private citizens, which may explain his populist appeal. And in his line of work, especially as a reality television star, such braggadocio and insensitivity may be assets. Intellectuals of more delicate sensibilities and refined manners may not like such déclassé qualities or grubby dealings, but most of them don’t live in a hard, risky world of tough negotiations and profit and loss.

Hillary Clinton is in a very different line of work from Trump’s. Her whole life has been spent as what we laughably call a public servant. In other words, she is supposed to be working not for profit or her own status and enrichment, but for the public weal. For progressives, that means striving for “social justice,” income equality, the abolition of prejudice and bigotry, the emancipation of women, the improvement of the middle class, and the salvation of the planet from the merchants of death by carbon. This is what she tells us over and over, and this is her case for why she should be president.

But while Trump’s character flaws have been assets in his profession, Hillary’s arrogant sense of entitlement, relentless money-grubbing, chronic mendacity, and obvious dislike of people other than her minions all undercut her claims to be a public servant, and help explain why she has serially failed at that role.

Of course, some presidents have shared the same flaws as Hillary, but they at least showed some restraint in exploiting their position for private gain, and at least could pretend to be a warm “people person,” as the ghastly phrase goes. Even Richard Nixon appeared on Laugh In. But Hillary has been inept at camouflaging her unseemly ambitions and even pretending to be a caring tribune of the people––in contrast, say, to Elizabeth Warren, who is just as much a hypocritical one-percenter as Hillary, but manages to come across as sincerely passionate. With Trump, however, you know exactly what you’re getting.

Finally, if a businessman like Trump fails, he reaps most of the damage. But if a “public servant” like Hillary fails, the security and interests of every single one of us are damaged, even as she advances her own political and fiscal interests as much as Trump does. Trump’s alleged shenanigans with Trump University are nothing compared to Hillary’s exploitation of her position as Secretary of State to steer money to her foundation, which is to say to herself, her husband, her daughter, her friends and political cronies, no matter the damage to America’s interests. Trump’s inconsistencies and alleged exaggerations about his net worth or charitable contributions are a dog-bites-man story compared to Hillary’s lies about Benghazi and her private email server. Nothing Trump has publicly said or done is as self-servingly despicable as Hillary’s implications that the grieving families of the four dead Americans in Benghazi are not telling the truth about her personal promise to them to “get” the obscure producer of the on-line video supposedly responsible for the attacks, when she knew that claim was untrue.

In short, Trump has been accountable to the bottom line. Hillary has been accountable to the people. Trump has succeeded in his job; Hillary has failed abysmally at hers. Making the two equally unpalatable to the principled voter is making a false equivalence between two different kinds of public life.

Perhaps Trump’s flaws would make him a bad president. But other presidents who had flaws equally distasteful––such as Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon, or Bill Clinton––managed to do some good things as president regardless. With Trump there’s at least a chance he could turn out to be a better president than his bluster and insults suggest. Hillary, on the other hand, has a long public record of using her position for personal gain, and putting her ambition ahead of her responsibilities to the country she supposedly serves. Her role as First Lady was marked by bungling health care reform, indulging silly fantasies of a “vast right-wing conspiracy,” and allowing herself––an “I am woman hear me roar” feminist––to be publicly humiliated by her satyr husband while attacking his victims. Her tenure in the Senate lacked any substantive legislative achievements, and her stint as Secretary of State furthered Obama’s destruction of America’s global influence, power, and security from Syria to the South China Sea. It may be possible that she could experience a road-to-the-White House conversion and become a good president, but given everything we know from her 25 years of public “service,” the probability is close to zero.

With Trump, in contrast, we know that at least he won’t be as destructive to our political order as Obama has been. With Hillary the odds are much higher that she will continue Obama’s “fundamental transformation” of our country into an E.U.-like technocratic regime of smug elites whose aim is to erode individual freedom and compromise our country’s sovereignty. Worse yet, if she becomes president, she will most likely nominate two or three Supreme Court justices, creating a court that will gut the and First and Second Amendments and legitimize further the dismantling of the Constitution’s divided powers and limited executive. And don’t put your faith in the Republican Senate that confirmed Loretta Lynch to shoot down every one of Hillary’s picks, even if that means eight years of an eight-member court.

The November election is not a choice between two equally bad candidates. It’s the moment when we reject the candidate who we know, based on her long public record of corruption, lying, and grasping for power and wealth, will take us further down the road to political perdition.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: June 07, 2016, 11:03:39 AM »
Hi Objectivist,

Like your posts.  I agree with a lot from the above post but I would like to make a clarification of this:

"But this comparison is false and misleading, for Trump and Clinton have had very different careers with different obligations and responsibilities."

But this is misleading.  Because now they have identical career paths and obligations and responsibilities.  They are both RUNNING for President.  And yes I personally expect some level of common decency from a potential leader.  How about a bit more tact and politeness. 

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
What fun for the libs
« Reply #1127 on: June 07, 2016, 12:18:23 PM »
The LEFT is having a field day with this.  *Trump can't even unify our OWN party let alone the country*.  Pass me a double dose of maalox. Yes,  I know.  All those who criticize the Donald are just a bunch of a holes and Trump is a genius:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Some helpful info on the judge
« Reply #1129 on: June 08, 2016, 10:55:08 AM »
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 11:37:34 AM by Crafty_Dog »

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
Ann Coulter: "Shocker! Media Calls Trump Racist!"
« Reply #1130 on: June 08, 2016, 07:22:39 PM »
STUNNING NEW DEVELOPMENT!!! MEDIA CALLS TRUMP RACIST

June 8, 2016 - Ann Coulter.

Annoyed at federal judge Gonzalo P. Curiel's persistent rulings against him in the Trump University case (brought by a law firm that has paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for speeches by Bill and Hillary), Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump said that maybe it's because the judge is a second-generation Mexican immigrant.

The entire media -- and most of the GOP -- have spent 10 months telling us that Mexicans in the United States are going to HATE Trump for saying he'll build a wall. Now they're outraged that Trump thinks one Mexican hates him for saying he'll build a wall.

Curiel has distributed scholarships to illegal aliens. He belongs to an organization that sends lawyers to the border to ensure that no illegal aliens' "human rights" are violated. The name of the organization? The San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association -- "La Raza" meaning THE RACE.

Let's pause to imagine the nomination hearings for a white male who belonged to any organization for white people -- much less one with the words "THE RACE" in its title.

The media were going to call Trump a racist whatever he did, and his attack on a Hispanic judge is way better than when they said it was racist for Republicans to talk about Obama’s golfing.

Has anyone ever complained about the ethnicity of white judges or white juries? I've done some research and it turns out ... THAT'S ALL WE'VE HEARD FOR THE PAST 40 YEARS.

The New York Times alone has published hundreds of articles, editorials, op-eds, movie reviews, sports articles and crossword puzzles darkly invoking "white judges" and "all-white" juries, as if that is ipso facto proof of racist justice.

Two weeks ago -- that's not an error; I didn't mean to type "decades" and it came out "weeks" -- the Times published an op-ed by a federal appeals judge stating: "All-white juries risk undermining the perception of justice in minority communities, even if a mixed-race jury would have reached the same verdict or imposed the same sentence."

In other words, even when provably not unfair, white jurors create the "perception" of unfairness solely by virtue of the color of their skin.

Innocence Project co-founder Barry Scheck's entire career of springing criminals would be gone if it were generally accepted that we can't question judges or juries based on race or ethnicity. Writing about the release of Glenn Ford, a black man convicted of robbing a jewelry store and murdering the owner, Scheck claimed that one of the most important factors in Ford's death sentence was the "all-white jury."

On the other hand, the evidence against Ford included: His two black friends telling police he'd shown them jewelry the day of the murder, another Ford acquaintance swearing he'd had a .38 in his waistband -- the murder weapon was a .38 -- and the gunshot residue on Ford's hand. His conviction was overturned many years later, on the theory that his black friends had committed the murder, then framed him.

So we know 1) the "real killers" were also black; and 2) any jury would have convicted Ford on that evidence.

Here's how the Times described Ford's trial: "A black man convicted of murder by an all-white jury in Louisiana in 1984 and sentenced to die, tapped into an equally old and painful vein of race."

I have approximately 1 million more examples of the media going mental about a "white judge" or "all-white jury," and guess what? In none of them were any of the white people involved members of organizations dedicated to promoting white people, called "THE RACE."

Say, does anyone remember if it ever came up that the Ferguson police force was all white? Someone check that.

I don’t want to upset you New York Times editorial board, but perhaps we should revisit the results of the Nuremberg trials. Those were presided over by – TRIGGER WARNING! – “all white” juries. (How do we really know if Hermann Göring was guilty without hearing women's and Latino voices?)

The model of a fair jury was the O.J. trial. Nine blacks, one Hispanic and two whites, who had made up their minds before the lawyers' opening statements. (For my younger readers: O.J. was guilty; the jury acquitted him after 20 seconds of deliberation.) At the end of the trial, one juror gave O.J. the black power salute. Nothing to see here. It was Mark Fuhrman's fault!

In defiance of everyday experience, known facts and common sense, we are all required to publicly endorse the left's religious belief that whites are always racist, but women and minorities are incapable of any form of bias. If you say otherwise, well, that's "textbook racism," according to Paul Ryan.

At least when we're talking about American blacks, there's a history of white racism, so the double standard is not so enraging. What did we ever do to Mexicans? Note to Hispanics, Muslims, women, immigrants and gays: You're not black.

Other than a few right-wingers, no one denounced now-sitting Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor for her "wise Latina" speech, in which she said "our gender and national origins may and will make a difference in our judging."

But Trump is a "racist" for saying the same thing.

Six months ago, a Times editorial demanded that the Republican Senate confirm Obama judicial nominee Luis Felipe Restrepo, on the grounds that "[a]s a Hispanic," Restrepo would bring "ethnic ... diversity to the court."

You see how confusing this is. On one hand, it's vital that we have more women and Latinos on the courts because white men can't be trusted to be fair. But to suggest that women and Latinos could ever be unfair in the way that white men can, well, that's "racist."

The effrontery of this double standard is so blinding, that the only way liberals can bluff their way through it is with indignation. DO I HEAR YOU RIGHT? ARE YOU SAYING A JUDGE'S ETHNICITY COULD INFLUENCE HIS DECISIONS? (Please, please, please don't bring up everything we've said about white judges and juries for the past four decades.)

They're betting they can intimidate Republicans -- and boy, are they right!

The entire Republican Brain Trust has joined the media in their denunciations of Trump for his crazy idea that anyone other than white men can be biased. That's right, Wolf, I don't have any common sense. Would it help if the GOP donated to Hillary?

The NeverTrump crowd is going to get a real workout if they plan to do this every week between now and the election.

What do Republicans think they're getting out of this appeasement? Proving to voters that elected Republicans are pathetic, impotent media suck-ups is, surprisingly, not hurting Trump.

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
Trump is Right to be Suspicious of Judge...
« Reply #1131 on: June 09, 2016, 11:54:03 AM »
Trump Is Right to be Suspicious of Judge

And sorry, lefties: “La Raza” means “Master Race.”

June 9, 2016 - Matthew Vadum - frontpagemag.com

Donald Trump has every right to question the impartiality of a “pro-Mexican” judge presiding over the Trump University lawsuit and doing so does not make him a racist or a bigot of any kind.

The stampede of weak-kneed Republican office-holders tripping over each other in a frenzied rush to denounce the presumptive GOP nominee for president shows how the Left’s pathological ideas about race continue to dominate the thinking even of so-called conservatives who ought to know better. Yell “racist!” and Republicans run for the hills.

As Pat Buchanan opines, “[t]o many liberals, all white Southern males are citizens under eternal suspicion of being racists. The most depressing thing about this episode is to see Republicans rushing to stomp on Trump, to show the left how well they have mastered their liberal catechism.”

To recap, the real estate magnate has said that U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel, an Indiana-born U.S. citizen whose parents emigrated from Mexico, is issuing unfair rulings against him in a high-profile class-action lawsuit. Trump claims the trial judge’s prejudice relates to his promise to crack down on illegal immigration and build a wall along the border with Mexico to keep illegal aliens out.

Curiel ordered that internal documents from Trump University be made public. The ruling caused elation among reporters, including 20 from the Washington Post who are digging for dirt about the candidate, as they began fantasizing about winning the Pulitzer Prize for taking down a Republican presidential candidate.

Trump said it is "just common sense" that Curiel’s connections to Mexico explain his anti-Trump rulings.

"He's a member of a club or society very strongly pro-Mexican, which is all fine. But I say he's got bias," Trump said Sunday. "This judge has treated me very unfairly. He's treated me in a hostile manner, and there's something going on." Trump also said it is “possible” a Muslim judge might also be biased against him because he advocates a temporary ban on the entry of Muslims into the U.S.

Trump is right. Judges can be influenced, sometimes inappropriately, by their life experiences.

Besides, Trump was merely echoing remarks by Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, a person of Puerto Rican ancestry, who said her ethnicity and upbringing affect her rulings. “I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn’t lived that life.”

So if Trump’s comments were racist – and in this writer’s opinion they were not – then so were Sotomayor’s. Sotomayor is met with applause; Trump is met with sputtering vituperation.

Despite the hysterical accusations against Trump coming from politicians in both parties, it needs to be pointed out that he never said that there is something about being Mexican or of Mexican ancestry that makes a person incapable of being an impartial judge. It’s not a congenital or a genetic thing. He said that this particular Obama-appointed judge, Gonzalo Curiel, who belongs to a left-wing Latino lawyers’ group, has an axe to grind because his parents came from Mexico.

Curiel is a member of a group called San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association (SDLRLA). SDLRLA’s website identifies National Council of La Raza (NCLR), a race-baiting leftist group that strongly condemns Trump’s immigration policy proposals, as part of its “community.” The group is affiliated with the Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA) which called Trump “racist” last year for promising to secure the border and vowed to target Trump’s “business interests” with boycotts.

Identity politics and whiny racial grievance-mongering is what SDLRLA and possibly every group with la raza (“the race” in English) in its name is about.

The very concept of la raza is racist, but more on that in a moment.

Trump is right to be concerned about the fact that in 2014, when Curiel certified the class action, he appointed Robbins Geller to act for the plaintiffs. That firm has reportedly shelled out $675,000 in speaking fees since 2009 to Bill and Hillary Clinton.

Former U.S. Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzalez (R), said the circumstances of the case “at least raise a legitimate question to be considered.”

“Regardless of the way Trump has gone about raising his concerns over whether he’s getting a fair trial, none of us should dismiss those concerns out of hand without carefully examining how a defendant in his position might perceive them — and we certainly should not dismiss them for partisan political reasons.”

The litigation deals with consumer complaints regarding the now-defunct Trump University, a pricey 3-day seminar about selling real estate. The plaintiffs allege that the school was a scam but plenty of former students give it top marks.

It’s not like Trump can blow off questions about the case because it is before the courts. The legal case has become a political issue and Trump is absolutely entitled to defend himself. His opponents bark endlessly about it every day. During primary season, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) called it a “fake university” and used it to support his argument that Trump was a “con artist.”

The presidential campaign of Democrat Hillary Clinton has been pounding Trump for days. “Trump U is devastating because it’s a metaphor for his whole campaign: promising hardworking Americans a way to get ahead, but all based on lies,” campaign press secretary Brian Fallon wrote on Twitter.

The great irony in all of this is that the left-wing Latino groups accusing Trump of racism are the real racists.

Created by the far-left Ford Foundation in 1968, the National Council of La Raza argues that la raza “is an inclusive concept, meaning that Hispanics share with all other peoples of the world a common heritage and destiny.” President Janet Murguia claims la raza “simply refers to the Hispanic people and it is a nod to our common heritage.”

Similarly, the SDLRLA claims la raza means “the people” or “the community.”

According to Google Translate, the Spanish noun raza means “race, breed, colorcast.” If these radical groups wanted to express the idea of “people” in their names they could have chosen gente, pueblo, personas, habitantes, nación, or súbditos. For “community,” they could have selected comunidad, colectividad, sociedad, común, union, or mancomunidad.

Of course, Murguia and Judge Curiel’s group are lying. La raza can be translated as “the master race,” and the concept of the “Hispanic” was only invented in 1972 by President Richard Nixon, four years after NCLR was founded.

As Mark Krikorian of the nonpartisan Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) has explained, the concept of la raza emerged as Nazism gained steam in the 1920s and was the brainchild of former Mexican secretary of public education Jose Vasconcelos. The politician and thinker has been called the “cultural caudillo” of the Mexican Revolution.

La raza “can be traced to the ideas and writings of Jose Vasconcelos, the Mexican theorist who developed the theory of la raza cosmica (the cosmic or super race) at least partially as a minority reaction to the Nordic notions of racial superiority,” New Mexico Highlands University professors Guillermo Lux (history) and Maurilio Vigil (political science) wrote.

They continued:

“Vasconelos developed a systematic theory which argued that climatic and geographic conditions and mixture of Spanish and Indian races created a superior race. The concept of La Raza connotes that the mestizo is a distinct race and not Caucasian, as is technically the case.”

(Mestizo, by the way, is a Spanish word used in Latin America to refer to someone who is of mixed race, usually the child of a person of Spanish descent and an American Indian. One third of U.S. Hispanics identify as mixed-race while mestizos “represent a racial majority in Mexico[.]”)

So la raza really does mean “the Master Race, but rather than based on notions of racial purity, La Raza’s inherent, biological superiority is based on its hybridity, on the mixing in Latin America of, in Vasconcelos’s words, ‘the black, the Indian, the Mongol, and the white,’” writes Krikorian. La raza really means that “Hispanics, and specifically Mestizos, are superior to those of us unfortunate enough not to be part of the cosmic race.”

La raza “was a source of pride for many Latinos, the most militant of whom adopted the motto: ‘Por la raza todo, fuera de la raza nada’ — ‘For the race, everything, outside the race, nothing,’" according to Jerry Kammer, also of CIS. This la raza ideology animates the reconquista movement which aspires to return the territory the U.S. took from Mexico to Mexican sovereignty. Some radicals wish to recreate Aztlan.

A hero of the Left, labor organizer Cesar Chavez, a natural born American of Mexican ancestry, thought la raza was a dangerous, un-American concept.

“I hear about la raza more and more,” he said.

“Some people don’t look at it as racism, but when you say ‘la raza,’ you are saying an anti-gringo thing, and our fear is that it won’t stop there. Today it’s anti-gringo, tomorrow it will be anti-Negro, and the day after it will be anti-Filipino, anti-Puerto Rican. And then it will be anti-poor-Mexican, and anti-darker-skinned Mexican.”

That Chavez viewed this kind of Mexican race-consciousness as destructive was reinforced by his lieutenant LeRoy Chatfield around 1970.

"Everyone should be proud of what they are, of course, but race is only skin-deep. It's phony and it comes out of frustration; the la raza people are not secure. … He said to me just the other day, 'Can't they understand that that's just the way Hitler started?' A few months ago the Ford Foundation funded a la raza group and Cesar really told them off. The foundation liked the outfit's sense of pride or something, and Cesar tried to explain to them what the origin of the word was, that it's related to Hitler's concept."

Donald Trump may not even realize just how right he happens to be.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: June 10, 2016, 05:08:18 AM »
"Trump Is Right to be Suspicious of Judge"

Objectivist.  I don't disagree with this statement.  Any member of LaRaza has to be suspect as believing in radical political activism and most specifically pushing for amnesty etc.

But that doesn't mean the judge believes this or even more importantly rules his Court with this bias.

It was the way in which Trump brought it up that is very hard to defend.  He brings up his *personal*Trump University issue at a rally and accuses the judge of being  a "hater" and more.

Very crudely done and not thought out well at all.  To do it in that manner was embarrassing. 

I could go on but I think I make my point.

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: June 10, 2016, 06:59:35 AM »
CCP:

My point (and Mathew Vadum's in the article below) is that Trump is defending himself, and has very good reasons for doing so.  Why Republicans have this obsession with "decorum," when clearly the Democrats have ZERO concern with this - and use it quite effectively against Republicans routinely - is beyond me.  It's as if Republicans have chosen to unilaterally disarm themselves in a war - and that's exactly what it is - make no mistake - and the enemy is quite willing and eager to take up those weapons and use them against us, knowing we will not respond in kind.  Donald Trump recognizes the folly of this, and refuses to go along with this suicidal mindset.  He will fight fire with fire, and is not afraid (unlike most Republicans) to do so.  I can't wait to hear his speech on the Clintons on Monday laying out the long, ugly history of their criminal behaviour and record of poor "decorum" that makes Trump look like a saint in comparison.  No other Republican has the balls to do this.  This is why Republicans continue to lose elections.  They have no idea how to fight.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 07:43:45 AM by objectivist1 »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: June 10, 2016, 07:44:48 AM »
"Why Republicans have this obsession with "decorum," when clearly the Democrats have ZERO concern with this - and use it quite effectively against Republicans routinely - is beyond me. "

Obj.  You and I are on same team.  I agree with you in principle.  I will vote for Donald.
But decorum is important and in view I will say why.  And that is we need to attract those who are on the fence or in the middle or if we call them independent ( which to me are those who don't stand for anything and will vote with the wind or whatever sounds good on any given day)

Trump has to be careful not to offend them

As  doctor in NJ I work with many foreign born doctors Indian HIndus, Msulims, Orientals.  While I do not bring up politics with most I have some tell me Trump is a "bigot"

I don't think he is but those who are sensitive will.  A few of them WERE Republican.  They are not now and it is because of him

Do not underestimate what a big vulgar mouth can do to people.
IF he was simply more polite and eloquent and tactful about making his points, this may not have happened.

I can tell you now that with these groups from Asia -  it IS ALL ABOUT RACE first!

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: June 10, 2016, 08:00:09 AM »
CCP:

I must respectfully disagree with you.  Democrats are ROUTINELY much more vulgar than Trump has ever been.  The media simply don't focus on it endlessly - in fact they treat it as if it's no big deal.  Witness Joe Biden's comments about Indians, Harry Reid about Obama being a "Clean, articulate black guy," etc., etc., etc.  This idea that independents are SO OFFENDED by vulgarity and will go running straight into the Democrats' arms at the first mean word out of a Republican's mouth is absurd.  The Democrats OWN racist, bigoted and vulgar commentary, and it surely hasn't hurt them with independents in any of the last several elections.  It's high time someone called out the Democrats for exactly the scum they are - and simply told the truth about how they have destroyed the inner cities of every place they have controlled politically for 50 years or more.  I repeat - no Republican has had the balls to simply do this.  Trump does.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 08:04:19 AM by objectivist1 »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: June 10, 2016, 08:18:47 AM »
Obj,

FWIW his poll #s are bit down this week.  Whether significant or related to his criticism of the judge I don't know.

All I can say is I hope you're right.   :-)

« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 12:01:32 AM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: June 14, 2016, 12:02:00 AM »
Anyone have URL for Trump's speech today?

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: June 14, 2016, 04:31:08 AM »
I did not listen.  I am afraid to her him speak anymore.  Never know what comes out of his mouth:

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFIVXkJWzfA

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: June 14, 2016, 05:45:12 AM »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/06/13/trump_must_be_consequences_for_muslims_not_reporting_potential_terrorists.html

I would love to see the libs dispute this concept.  (personally I am not sure about this though)
There are multiple states who make it a CRIME for any health care worker who does not report child abuse or even a *suspicion* of child abuse.

The concept is to err on child safety over possibly falsely accusing someone of child abuse.

Using this analogy one could say the same thing for Muslims who are not reporting suspicious activity.

Lets see what the libs say here.  :evil:

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
Robert Spencer: Trump has a Realistic Plan for Fighting the Jihad...
« Reply #1140 on: June 14, 2016, 07:06:14 PM »
FINALLY: A REALISTIC PLAN FOR FIGHTING THE JIHAD AND PROTECTING AMERICANS

Courtesy of Donald Trump.

June 14, 2016  Robert Spencer

We’ve gotten so used to politically correct obfuscation about Islam being a religion of peace that preaches tolerance and non-violence that Donald Trump’s words in his address Monday were startling: “Many of the principles of radical Islam are incompatible with Western values and institutions. Remember this, radical Islam is anti-woman, anti-gay and anti-American. I refuse to allow America to become a place where gay people, Christian people, Jewish people are targets of persecution and intimation by radical Islamic preachers of hate and violence.”

Trump continued: “This is not just a national security issue. It’s a quality of life issue. If we want to protect the quality of life for all Americans — women and children, gay and straight, Jews and Christians and all people then we need to tell the truth about radical Islam and we need to do it now.”

One may quibble about whether jihad violence and Sharia oppression in Islam are really “radical,” but the fact is that Donald Trump has become the first nominee of either party since 9/11 to reject the usual nonsense about how jihadis believe in and preach a twisted, hijacked version of the religion of peace. Even more importantly, Trump is now the first presidential candidate since maybe John Quincy Adams to recognize that the problem posed by Islam is not just restricted to the specter of violent jihad attacks, but is, given Sharia oppression of women, gays, and non-Muslims, very much, as Trump put it, a “quality of life issue.”

Trump declared his determination to prevent more jihad attacks such as the one in Orlando Saturday night above all by reiterating his proposal temporarily to “suspend immigration from areas of the world where there’s a proven history of terrorism against the United States, Europe or our allies until we fully understand how to end these threats.” CNN huffed: “Critics of Trump's policies, however, have pointed out that the perpetrator of the Orlando massacre was born in the U.S.”

Those critics are not being honest. What Trump actually said was that the Orlando jihad mass murderer was born “of Afghan parents, who immigrated to the United States.” He noted, quite correctly, that “the bottom line is that the only reason the killer was in America in the first place, was because we allowed his family to come here,” and pointed out, quite rightly, that “we have a dysfunctional immigration system, which does not permit us to know who we let into our country, and it does not permit us to protect our citizens properly….We’re importing radical Islamic terrorism into the West through a failed immigration system and through an intelligence community held back by our president. Even our own FBI director has admitted that we cannot effectively check the backgrounds of people we’re letting into America. ”

Can any truthful person seriously dispute that? Tashfeen Malik, who, along with her husband Syed Rizwan Farook murdered fourteen people at a Christmas party in San Bernardino last December 2, had passed five separate background checks from five different U.S. government agencies. If the U.S. did not have a “dysfunctional immigration system,” she would never have been in the country in the first place. And neither would her husband, about whom Trump noted that he was “the child of immigrants from Pakistan and he brought his wife, the other terrorist from Saudi Arabia through another one of our easily exploited visa programs.”

Trump skewered Hillary Clinton for having “repeatedly refused to even say the words radical Islam until I challenged her yesterday.” He quoted her fatuous words: “Muslims are peaceful and tolerant people, and have nothing whatsoever to do with terrorism” and opined “she’s in total denial, and her continuing reluctance to ever name the enemy broadcasts weakness across the entire world — true weakness.” Clinton wants, he said, “to take away American’s guns and then admit the very people who want to slaughter us. Let them come into the country, we don’t have guns. Let them come in, let them have all the fun they want….The bottom line is that Hillary supports policies that bring the threat of radical Islam into American and allow it to grow overseas, and it is growing.”

Trump’s point was sound. In what way was it not? Combining unrestricted immigration and a massive influx of Muslim migrants, among whom the Islamic State has promised to embed jihadis, with a disarmed American population is simply an invitation to jihad massacres on a frequency never hitherto imagined. Could there be an Orlando-style attack every day? Why not, in the America of the near future that Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton are busy preparing for us?

Trump declared: “The burden is on Hillary Clinton to tell us why she believes immigration from these dangerous countries should be increased without any effective system to really to screen.” Again, his point his sound: all those, including Hillary, who are busy excoriating Trump for the “racism” and “bigotry” of his immigration proposal have not bothered to suggest any alternative plan for preventing jihadis from entering the country. The bottom line, to borrow one of Trump’s pet phrases, is that Hillary and the rest of the political and media elites would rather see Americans subjected to jihad mass murder on a huge scale than do anything that is politically incorrect.

Another foray into political incorrectness in Trump’s speech was his insistence that the Muslim community in the U.S. has “to work with us. They have to cooperate with law enforcement and turn in the people who they know are bad. They know it. And they have to do it, and they have to do it forthwith….The Muslims have to work with us. They have to work with us. They know what’s going on. They know that he was bad. They knew the people in San Bernardino were bad. But you know what? They didn’t turn them in. And you know what? We had death, and destruction.”

The Hamas-linked Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) was furious. CAIR spokesman Ibrahim Hooper claimed that “law enforcement authorities have repeatedly stated that they have tremendous cooperation from the Muslim community.” CAIR’s hypocrisy is astounding, as it has more than once advised Muslims not to cooperate with law enforcement. In January 2011, its San Francisco chapter featured on its website a poster that read, “Build A Wall of Resistance / Don’t Talk to the FBI.” In November 2014, CAIR-Florida’s “14th Annual Banquet Rooted in Faith” in Tampa distributed pamphlets entitled “What to do if the FBI comes for you” and featuring a graphic of a person holding a finger to his lips in the “shhh” signal.

Another CAIR pamphlet, entitled “Know Your Rights: Defending Rights, Defeating Intolerance” featured a graphic of the Statue of Liberty likewise making the “shhh” symbol. Cyrus McGoldrick, a former official of Hamas-linked CAIR’s New York chapter, even threatened informants, tweeting with brutal succinctness: “Snitches get stitches.” Zahra Billoo of CAIR-San Francisco regularly tweets that Muslims have no obligation to talk to the FBI, and should contact Hamas-linked CAIR if the FBI asks to talk to them.

This is the group criticizing Trump for noting that Muslim communities have not been any significant help in rooting out jihadis from among them?

Trump’s most revolutionary proposal was for an overhaul of our entire foreign policy establishment and the assumptions upon which it rests – assumptions that have led us into numerous blind alleys and failed initiatives. He said: “The decision to overthrow the regime in Libya, then pushing for the overthrow of the regime in Syria, among other things, without plans for the day after, have created space for ISIS to expand and grow like nobody has ever seen before. These actions, along with our disastrous Iran deal, have also reduced our ability to work in partnership with our Muslim allies in the region. That is why our new goal must be to defeat Islamic terrorism not nation building. No more nation building. It’s never going to work.”

Indeed. It didn’t work in Iraq. It hasn’t worked in Afghanistan. We have poured billions into Pakistan since 9/11 to help them fight al-Qaeda and the Taliban, and the Pakistani government has funneled a good deal of that money to al-Qaeda and the Taliban. Trump said it: “And by the way we’ve spent almost $5 trillion over the years on trying to nation build in the Middle East and it has been complete and total disaster.” Yet despite the fact that its policies have failed again and again and again, the foreign policy establishment keeps reappointing and promoting those responsible for those failures, allowing them to make more mistakes in ever-larger arenas. But no candidate has ever challenged that establishment – until now.

Trump offered one more common sense that no establishment politician has thought to or dared to make: he suggested that there needs to be a reconfiguration of our alliances, which are still based on the Cold War. “NATO,” he said, “needs to change its focus and stop terrorism....America must unite the whole civilized world in the fight against Islamic terrorism.”

Indeed. The world is on fire courtesy of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. If America votes in November for more of the same, we will soon be engulfed in those flames as well. On Monday, Donald Trump outlined an unprecedentedly realistic plan for putting out the fire.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: June 14, 2016, 07:23:58 PM »
Props to Trump for having the huevos to say the truth.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
Pamela Geller: Trump is Right, and He Must Win...
« Reply #1143 on: June 16, 2016, 11:50:17 AM »
Pamela Geller: Trump Is Right, and He Must Win

by Pamela Geller15 Jun 2016

The post-jihad denial that we see in the wake of every Islamic attack since 9/11 has made possible the wild successes of Islamic groups that are waging jihad in the cause of Islam.

After every jihad terror attack, Islamic supremacists and their paid shills in the media unleash relentless, vicious attacks upon those of us who oppose jihad. Never do we hear or see them go after the Islamic texts and teachings that fuel this war.

A case in point was a Salon article published Tuesday: “Donald Trump’s war with Islam: A campaign rooted in pernicious religious discrimination,” by Simon Maloy. Maloy said that the Orlando jihad massacre gave Trump “the opportunity he needed to define the campaign he intends to run: a campaign that casts the Muslim faith and its practitioners – both inside and outside the U.S. – as antagonistic to American interests.”

He accused Trump of running a campaign “that casts the Muslim faith and its practitioners – both inside and outside the U.S. – as antagonistic to American interests.” Trump’s speech in the wake of the Orlando jihad massacre was, according to Maloy, “a relentlessly ugly diatribe that unambiguously embraced the pernicious and anti-American idea that a person’s religious faith makes them a threat to national security.”

The idea that the depraved left sees the murdered nightclub-goers as an “opportunity” for Trump is as vicious as the attack itself. Trump sounded a warning, and he was right to do so. It was not Donald Trump who made Islamic jihad “antagonistic to American interests”; the jihad doctrine itself is antagonistic to American interest and freedoms. How many thousands have to die in the cause of Islam?

In his speech, Trump said that he would “suspend immigration from areas of the world when there is a proven history of terrorism against the United States, Europe or our allies, until we understand how to end these threats.” He is right. After the Boston Marathon jihad bombing, my organization, the American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI), called for the following:

— AFDI calls for immediate investigation into foreign mosque funding in the West and for new legislation making foreign funding of mosques in non-Muslim nations illegal.
— AFDI calls for surveillance of mosques and regular inspections of mosques in the U.S. and other non-Muslim nations to look for pro-violence materials. Any mosque advocating jihad or any aspects of Sharia that conflict with Constitutional freedoms and protections should be closed.
— AFDI calls for curriculum and Islam-related materials in textbooks and museums to describe the Islamic doctrine and history accurately, including its violent doctrines and 1,400-year war against unbelievers.
— AFDI calls for a halt of foreign aid to Islamic nations with Sharia-based constitutions and/or governments.
— AFDI denounces the use of Sharia law in any Western court or nation.
— AFDI advocates deportation hearings against non-citizens who promote jihad in our nations.
— AFDI calls for an immediate halt of immigration by Muslims into nations that do not currently have a Muslim majority population.
— AFDI calls for laws providing that anyone seeking citizenship in the United States should be asked if he or she supports Sharia law, and investigated for ties to pro-Sharia groups. If so, citizenship should not be granted.
— AFDI calls for the cancellation of citizenship or permanent residency status for anyone who leaves the country of his residence to travel for the purpose of engaging in jihad activity, and for the refusal of reentry into his country of residence after that jihad activity.
— AFDI calls careful investigation of Muslims resident in non-Muslim country who have obtained naturalized citizenship or permanent residency status, to ensure that that status was not obtained under false pretenses.
— AFDI calls for the designation of the following as grounds for immediate deportation: fomenting, plotting, financing, attempting or carrying out jihad attacks; encouraging or threatening or attempting to carry out the punishments Islamic law mandates for apostasy, adultery, blasphemy, fornication or theft; threatening or attempting or carrying out honor murders, forced marriage, underage marriage, female genital mutilation, or polygamy.
— AFDI calls for the U.S. and other free nations to have jihad, as it is traditionally understood in Islamic jurisprudence to involve warfare against and subjugation of non-Muslims, declared a crime against humanity at the U.N., or to withdraw from the U.N. and have its headquarters moved to a Muslim nation.
— AFDI calls for legislating making illegal the foreign funding of Islamic Studies departments and faculty positions in our universities.

How many people would be alive today had American politicians heeded our calls? Instead, we are blacklisted, smeared, libeled, and defamed, while pro-jihad groups are feted on Capital Hill.

But Maloy complained that Trump’s focus was “on Muslims exclusively – not radicalized Muslims, but every Muslim person outside the U.S. He referred to the expanded admittance of refugees from Syria as potentially ‘a better, bigger version of the legendary Trojan Horse.’ Per Trump, Hillary Clinton, as president, would ‘be admitting hundreds of thousands of refugees from the Middle East with no system to vet them, or to prevent the radicalization of their children.’ It’s all fearmongering based on lies and prejudice.”

Such idiocy is without peer. ISIS has vowed to send jihad killers to the west via migration. They are coming — why let them in? No, not all migrants are Muslim soldiers, but enough are to cause unimaginable death and destruction. Would you eat from a bowl of M & M’s if you knew two of them were laced with cyanide?

Muslims groups such as the Hamas-tied Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) have urged Muslims not to cooperate with law enforcement. Muslim groups have demanded that law enforcement agencies dismantle counterterror programs. Muslim groups demand adherence to sharia in the language used in counterterror training material: the Department of Homeland Security issued guidelines just days before the Orlando jihad massacre forbidding agents from using the words “jihad” and “sharia” in connection with terrorism because doing so offended Muslims.

Maloy is likewise interested in policing language to avoid offending Muslims, saying of Trump’s immigration proposal: “It’s reprehensible, and it’s the kind of language that results in people getting hurt… If your goal is to promote the radicalization of a population within your own borders, having a major party presidential candidate talk about them all as if they’re criminals is an excellent way to go about it.”

No. What is reprehensible is how viciously the lapdogs for jihad blame the victim — led by the scrubber-in-chief in the White House. They call upon the targets to change their behavior, to subjugate themselves to Islam. Maloy is saying that Trump has to change his language or else Muslims will become “radicalized.” Last year, the mainstream media likewise said that the jihad assassination attempt on my free speech event in Garland, Texas was my fault, that I was taunting Muslims. Were the gay revelers in the Pulse nightclub last Saturday night taunting Muslims? Based on that flawed logic, yes. Our very way of life taunts sharia-adherent Muslims.

Jihad terror attacks present a unique opportunity for Islamic supremacists and jihadis. First, the kill, which is a great victory in the cause of Islam. The successful jihad attack attracts more Muslims and converts to the cause.

Secondly and most importantly, terror-tied groups like CAIR, their lapdogs in the enemedia, and pro-Islamic politicians like President Obama use the slaughter to push, proselytize, lie, deceive, and talk, talk, talk up Islam (while denigrating all other religions) on every major media news channel.

Trump is right. He was wrong about Garland, but he surely gets it now. And this is why he is so wildly popular — because finally, someone with a huge platform is calling out the enemedia and the dhimmi press, and giving them the long overdue, much-needed middle finger they so richly deserve.

Trump must win in order for this nation to survive. Trump must win if we are to prevail in this worldwide war against freedom.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Ben Stein : Trump is right!
« Reply #1144 on: June 16, 2016, 01:50:21 PM »
Ben Stein:

"Mr. Trump may have been crude in his application, but he hit it right into the grandstands with his legal analysis."

But Ben, that IS the problem.  Not what he says but how he says it,  IMHO.

http://spectator.org/trump-is-totally-right/

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
2nd post
« Reply #1145 on: June 16, 2016, 03:42:12 PM »
Trump has accomplished a reset with Putin that Obama Hillary couldn't do after almost 8 years:

Agree with the poster,  thanks, Vlad for the heads up:   :lol:

https://www.hotgas.net/2016/06/dncs-donald-trump-oppo-research-file/

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Ben Stein : Trump is right!
« Reply #1146 on: June 16, 2016, 03:48:42 PM »
Ben Stein:
"Mr. Trump may have been crude in his application, but he hit it right into the grandstands with his legal analysis."

ccp:  But Ben, that IS the problem.  Not what he says but how he says it,  IMHO.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we say in tennis, this should have been game, set and match for Trump.  

The left wants to talk gun control laws, take away self defense right while we are under attack.  Meanwhile they want to leave the borders open for not only the illegal persons invasion but for gun running, drug running, cartel running, human trafficking, and for ISIS, al Qaida, Boko Harem and the rest  to enter.

Trump ran on this issue, right from the first day.

Fast and Furious proves the case that the border under Obama not only allows guns and smugglers to cross but that our own DOJ were illegal participants in it.  Facts are still breaking; this is not old news or something already addressed.  This is just as illegal and twice as dangerous as Hillary giving the world our national security secrets and Hillary is one of the people who knew, nodded her head and looked the other way.  Remember them praising eachother about what a great job they both did.

Hillary is running for more of the same, can't barely utter the words radical Islam and wants the border open even worse.  Obama and HRC are going to let in the terrorists and let them bring their weapons and let them kill us.  Trump is going to stop all that.  Choose.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: June 16, 2016, 04:12:26 PM »
"As we say in tennis, this should have been game, set and match for Trump. "

Yes Doug exactly.  He is up 40-30 and serving for game set match
So he tries to boom an ace and hits it straight into net.  Then instead of takin it easy on the second serve he tries to boom another straight into the net ( or into the judge's chair and hits the judge over the head with it)

:|

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
David Horowitz Slams Erick Erickson and "Never Trump" movement...
« Reply #1148 on: June 17, 2016, 11:38:38 AM »
The ‘Never Trump’ Murder-Suicide Pact

June 17, 2016
David Horowitz

Reprinted from Breitbart.com.

Barack Obama delivers nuclear weapons and $150 billion to America’s mortal enemy in the Middle East – and every Democrat to a man and woman defends his betrayal; Hillary Clinton violates the Espionage Act and delivers classified secrets, including information on an impending drone attack, to America’s enemies – and every Democrat to a man and woman defends her. Obama and Clinton lie about matters of war and peace – and every progressive publicly swears they are telling the truth.

But when Donald Trump insinuates the president is a man of uncertain loyalties, Republican leaders back away from him. When Trump proposes fighting “radical Islam,” securing America’s borders, stopping unvetted immigration from Muslim terrorist states, surveilling mosques, and scrutinizing the families of terrorist actors, Republicans join Democrats in denouncing him, or take an uncomfortable distance or maintain a silence that leaves him to fend for himself.

The left is blaming Christians, Republicans, and guns for the Orlando slaughter. The president and Hillary are claiming that ISIS is on the run – a lie flatly contradicted by the CIA director himself. They want to disarm Americans. If Hillary is elected, borders will stay open, and protecting Muslims will take priority over fighting Islam’s holy war against us.

In other words, Democrat betrayers of America are on the attack, while Republican leaders who claim to be patriots are on the run. Where, to take one example, is Ted Cruz? He claims to be a patriot and care about the Constitution, but he is AWOL — sulking like Achilles in his tent over personal slights he can’t get past to fight for his country’s survival. The Republican leader of the Senate and his second-in-command have both announced they will not participate in the presidential election, while the leader of the House makes clear his extreme embarrassment over Trump’s proposals to establish immigration policies appropriate to a nation under siege. This is the sad state of the Republican forces in retreat in an election campaign that will decide the fate of our country.

There are actually two wars we are engaged in– one with the Islamic caliphate and the other with an American left that refuses to recognize the enemy we face or the magnitude and nature of the threat. In this internal war, too many on the right have taken a course whose only practical effect can be seen as a betrayal of their cause. Erick Erickson has summed up the view of the Republican renegades in this succinct phrase: “We are in the midst of a murder-suicide pact that will be our ruination.”

This is, in fact, a precise description of what the #NeverTrump right is up to. But in Erickson’s inversion of reality, it is “the Republican Party [that] intends to murder the nation and commit suicide along the way.” What Erickson and his fellow saboteurs, led by Mitt Romney and Bill Kristol, want is for the Republican Party to block Trump and repudiate the record number of Republican primary voters who nominated him. This would actually be a Republican suicide in November – one that would indeed “murder the nation.”

Although the defection of the Republican leadership from the field of battle is still ongoing, there has been a break in the ranks of the #NeverTrump spoilers. Two of their leading intellectual figures, Hugh Hewitt and Andy McCarthy, have finally come to realize not just the futility of their efforts but their destructiveness as well. For the sake of the nation, let’s hope that there are a lot more such reversals on the way.

Meanwhile, the really big problem remains that of the Republican leadership, which thinks that “We’re stuck with Trump but we won’t dump him!” is an appropriate battle cry. As we all know, the Democrats are vicious, unprincipled attack dogs with a kept and unprincipled media in their camp. Passivity in the face of this blitzkrieg is, in practice, no different than a white-flag surrender. Paul Ryan summed up Republican fatuity in his answers to media questions in the wake of Orlando about whether he’s still supporting Trump. Ryan’s answer: he would be defending Republican principles in this election. Well, Paul, principles aren’t running in this election. Candidates are. And unless Republicans rally around Trump, and Trump beats Hillary, Republican principles are going down with him.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 12:53:48 PM by objectivist1 »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: June 17, 2016, 12:43:27 PM »
Obj - I agree with DH 's article you  post.  
But the way in which Trump expresses himself makes it real hard.  This is wrong.  I don't see how we can win with this :

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/paul-ryan-trump-muslim-ban-sue
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 12:46:35 PM by ccp »