Author Topic: The electoral process, vote fraud, SEIU/ACORN et al, etc.  (Read 493316 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
second post

An Autopsy of New York’s Mail-Vote Mess
Lax deadlines. Late ballots. Carelessness. Missing postmarks. And a warning for Nov. 3.
By The WSJ Editorial Board
Aug. 7, 2020 6:58 pm ET

Six weeks after New York’s primary elections on June 23, the final vote tally in the 12th Congressional District remains a mystery. On Monday a federal judge ordered the counting of certain mail ballots that arrived after Election Day but without a postmark to prove when they were sent. Imagine this kind of mess 45 days following Nov. 3.

After primary day, an initial count of 40,000 ballots had Rep. Carolyn Maloney beating progressive challenger Suraj Patel by 648 votes. The canvassing of some 65,000 absentee ballots didn’t start until July 8, but unofficial data last month showed a preliminary rejection rate of 28% in Brooklyn. Mr. Patel joined a federal lawsuit, and Judge Analisa Torres held two days of hearings last week. The court transcript is a bracing read.

How Much Mail Arrives Late?

The share of election and political mail that was delivered on time during the 2018 elections. Shown below are the USPS's seven lowest-performing processing and distribution centers.
SITE   PERCENT ON TIME
Anaheim, Calif.   83.8
Cleveland, Ohio   79.4
Dominick V. Daniels, N.J.   90.9
Eau Claire, Wis.   86.6
Fox Valley, Ill.   88.8
Royal Palm, Fla.   75.7
Suburban, Md.   84.2
Average   84.2
Source: USPS Inspector General's audit, Nov. 4, 2019

City officials were deluged. Eleven days before the election, “the Manhattan borough office had something like 30 or 40,000 pending applications for absentee ballots, and I was told that they could only process 5,000 per day,” testified Douglas Kellner, the co-chair of the New York State Board of Elections. “Basically my view is that they threw up their hands and said, ‘Well, there’s nothing more that we can do.’”

As a result, many ballots were sent to voters late. Allen Tanko, a marketing manager with the U.S. Postal Service, said that one day before the voting, on June 22, the city Board of Elections dropped 34,359 items, presumably ballots, into the mail stream. Postal workers tried to expedite them, but some of these ballots were sent to New Yorkers temporarily out of state, who could not possibly have received them in time.

New York lets voters request an absentee ballot with a mail application, which can be postmarked a mere seven days before the election. “The state Board of Elections has repeatedly advised the legislature and the executive chamber that that date is unrealistic,” Mr. Kellner said. Fourteen days would be better, he added, but New York’s political leaders “have rejected that because they don’t want to be perceived as doing something that’s not voter friendly.” For the record, the USPS suggests that voters allow seven days for mailing their completed ballots.

The USPS’s policy is to postmark all ballots, and the city was assured it would happen. What went wrong? Testimony by Michael Calabrese, a manager at a New York postal processing facility, offered two possibilities. First, postmarking machines can reject mail if, for example, it isn’t “folded over properly.” On Election Day, USPS staff were ready to grab bypassed ballots and postmark them by hand. “We were doing so for thousands of ballots,” Mr. Calabrese said. He wasn’t sure, however, if this happened before June 23: “That’s the only day I recall doing so with a hundred percent certainty.”

Second, most prepaid mail usually skips postmarking altogether and goes “directly to a sortation machine,” Mr. Calabrese said. On Election Day, USPS staff overrode that procedure and forced everything through the postmarking system. But again, he wasn’t sure about before June 23, saying it was “very possible” that some ballots went straight to sorting.

Stranger mishaps suggest carelessness. Raymond Riley, the chief clerk at the Kings County Board of Elections, testified that someone on his staff went to a local USPS office to drop mail, and postal workers unexpectedly gave over “a hand cart of ballots.” His office then complained to the USPS: “Obviously, staff safety was my biggest concern.”

Another incident: In the spring of 2018, Mr. Riley said, the USPS delivered “several hundred absentee ballots from the previous November.” Many of these votes were valid, except “this was five months after Election Day.”

Under oath, the skepticism of the USPS was broad and deep. “We certainly did alert the governor’s office to the fact that partnering with the U.S. Postal Service in running an election has a lot of risks,” Mr. Kellner said. Later he was more direct: “I don’t have a great deal of confidence in the U.S. Postal Service.”

Emily Gallagher, a Democratic candidate for state Assembly, testified: “I myself had an absentee ballot and went and voted in person because I had a sense of distrust of what would happen with my ballot once I mailed it in.” City attorney Stephen Kitzinger, in his closing argument, said that if voters dropped their ballots in a mailbox, “they bore the risk of it not being postal marked, timely or otherwise, if they relied on the postal service for delivery.”

Judge Torres issued a preliminary injunction on Monday. Because the USPS’s delivery process takes two days, she said, it’s a “virtual certainty” that any ballots received by election officials on June 24 or 25 were in fact mailed by Election Day, even if they don’t have any postmark saying so. Judge Torres therefore ruled that all such ballots, statewide, must be counted.

On Tuesday the city certified Ms. Maloney as the victor, up by about 3,500 votes, not including the ballots Judge Torres ordered counted. New York state officials plan to appeal her ruling. Mr. Patel is refusing to concede.

Whose Mail Votes Are Rejected?
Rates of ballot rejection during Florida's 2018 elections, by voter group.
RACE/ETHNICITY   TOTAL BALLOTS   REJECTED BALLOTS   PERCENT REJECTED
Black   240,254   4,713   2.0
Hispanic   356,917   7,325   2.1
White   1,926,619   17,340   0.9
Other   148,196   3,055   2.1
Total   2,671,986   32,433   1.2
Source: ACLU Florida: Report on Vote-by-Mail Ballots in the 2018 General Election

What a fiasco. Meantime, the national debate over mass mail voting proceeds like two postcards passing in the night. President Trump uses the word “fraud.” The factotums of conventional wisdom hit their computer hotkeys for phrases like “no evidence” of “widespread fraud.” Why focus on criminality? Old-fashioned government incompetence is clearly sufficient to create a mail-vote debacle the country might come to regret in November.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
WSJ: Mail-in Voting; national implications of NY experience
« Reply #1156 on: August 10, 2020, 11:55:57 AM »
An Autopsy of New York’s Mail-Vote Mess
Lax deadlines. Late ballots. Carelessness. Missing postmarks. And a warning for Nov. 3.
By The Editorial Board
Aug. 7, 2020 6:58 pm ET
SAVE
PRINT
TEXT

PHOTO: GLEN STUBBE/ASSOCIATED PRESS
Six weeks after New York’s primary elections on June 23, the final vote tally in the 12th Congressional District remains a mystery. On Monday a federal judge ordered the counting of certain mail ballots that arrived after Election Day but without a postmark to prove when they were sent. Imagine this kind of mess 45 days following Nov. 3.

After primary day, an initial count of 40,000 ballots had Rep. Carolyn Maloney beating progressive challenger Suraj Patel by 648 votes. The canvassing of some 65,000 absentee ballots didn’t start until July 8, but unofficial data last month showed a preliminary rejection rate of 28% in Brooklyn. Mr. Patel joined a federal lawsuit, and Judge Analisa Torres held two days of hearings last week. The court transcript is a bracing read.

How Much Mail Arrives Late?

The share of election and political mail that was delivered on time during the 2018 elections. Shown below are the USPS's seven lowest-performing processing and distribution centers.

SITE   PERCENT ON TIME

Anaheim, Calif.   83.8
Cleveland, Ohio   79.4
Dominick V. Daniels, N.J.   90.9
Eau Claire, Wis.   86.6
Fox Valley, Ill.   88.8
Royal Palm, Fla.   75.7
Suburban, Md.   84.2
Average   84.2
Source: USPS Inspector General's audit, Nov. 4, 2019

City officials were deluged. Eleven days before the election, “the Manhattan borough office had something like 30 or 40,000 pending applications for absentee ballots, and I was told that they could only process 5,000 per day,” testified Douglas Kellner, the co-chair of the New York State Board of Elections. “Basically my view is that they threw up their hands and said, ‘Well, there’s nothing more that we can do.’”

As a result, many ballots were sent to voters late. Allen Tanko, a marketing manager with the U.S. Postal Service, said that one day before the voting, on June 22, the city Board of Elections dropped 34,359 items, presumably ballots, into the mail stream. Postal workers tried to expedite them, but some of these ballots were sent to New Yorkers temporarily out of state, who could not possibly have received them in time.

New York lets voters request an absentee ballot with a mail application, which can be postmarked a mere seven days before the election. “The state Board of Elections has repeatedly advised the legislature and the executive chamber that that date is unrealistic,” Mr. Kellner said. Fourteen days would be better, he added, but New York’s political leaders “have rejected that because they don’t want to be perceived as doing something that’s not voter friendly.” For the record, the USPS suggests that voters allow seven days for mailing their completed ballots.

The USPS’s policy is to postmark all ballots, and the city was assured it would happen. What went wrong? Testimony by Michael Calabrese, a manager at a New York postal processing facility, offered two possibilities. First, postmarking machines can reject mail if, for example, it isn’t “folded over properly.” On Election Day, USPS staff were ready to grab bypassed ballots and postmark them by hand. “We were doing so for thousands of ballots,” Mr. Calabrese said. He wasn’t sure, however, if this happened before June 23: “That’s the only day I recall doing so with a hundred percent certainty.”

Second, most prepaid mail usually skips postmarking altogether and goes “directly to a sortation machine,” Mr. Calabrese said. On Election Day, USPS staff overrode that procedure and forced everything through the postmarking system. But again, he wasn’t sure about before June 23, saying it was “very possible” that some ballots went straight to sorting.

Stranger mishaps suggest carelessness. Raymond Riley, the chief clerk at the Kings County Board of Elections, testified that someone on his staff went to a local USPS office to drop mail, and postal workers unexpectedly gave over “a hand cart of ballots.” His office then complained to the USPS: “Obviously, staff safety was my biggest concern.”

Another incident: In the spring of 2018, Mr. Riley said, the USPS delivered “several hundred absentee ballots from the previous November.” Many of these votes were valid, except “this was five months after Election Day.”

Under oath, the skepticism of the USPS was broad and deep. “We certainly did alert the governor’s office to the fact that partnering with the U.S. Postal Service in running an election has a lot of risks,” Mr. Kellner said. Later he was more direct: “I don’t have a great deal of confidence in the U.S. Postal Service.”

Emily Gallagher, a Democratic candidate for state Assembly, testified: “I myself had an absentee ballot and went and voted in person because I had a sense of distrust of what would happen with my ballot once I mailed it in.” City attorney Stephen Kitzinger, in his closing argument, said that if voters dropped their ballots in a mailbox, “they bore the risk of it not being postal marked, timely or otherwise, if they relied on the postal service for delivery.”

Judge Torres issued a preliminary injunction on Monday. Because the USPS’s delivery process takes two days, she said, it’s a “virtual certainty” that any ballots received by election officials on June 24 or 25 were in fact mailed by Election Day, even if they don’t have any postmark saying so. Judge Torres therefore ruled that all such ballots, statewide, must be counted.

On Tuesday the city certified Ms. Maloney as the victor, up by about 3,500 votes, not including the ballots Judge Torres ordered counted. New York state officials plan to appeal her ruling. Mr. Patel is refusing to concede.

Whose Mail Votes Are Rejected?

Rates of ballot rejection during Florida's 2018 elections, by voter group.
RACE/ETHNICITY   TOTAL BALLOTS   REJECTED BALLOTS   PERCENT REJECTED
Black   240,254   4,713   2.0
Hispanic   356,917   7,325   2.1
White   1,926,619   17,340   0.9
Other   148,196   3,055   2.1
Total   2,671,986   32,433   1.2
Source: ACLU Florida: Report on Vote-by-Mail Ballots in the 2018 General Election

What a fiasco. Meantime, the national debate over mass mail voting proceeds like two postcards passing in the night. President Trump uses the word “fraud.” The factotums of conventional wisdom hit their computer hotkeys for phrases like “no evidence” of “widespread fraud.” Why focus on criminality? Old-fashioned government incompetence is clearly sufficient to create a mail-vote debacle the country might come to regret in November.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The electoral process, I voted
« Reply #1157 on: August 11, 2020, 08:05:42 AM »
MN primary today (and other states).  The big one is Omar in Mpls, favored to win but facing a strong challenge.  It is all about enthusiasm, for and against, and turnout.  Many Somalis don't like her, but the hard Left of all groups does, and in Minneapolis hard Left pretty well describes it.  I won't bet against her but ready to say good riddance if there is an upset.  SOMEONE within the Left should say the Left has gone too far and is destroying

Jason Lewis for Senate!  R-MN  One surprise flip of a seat might control the direction of the country.  Consider supporting him.
https://secure.winred.com/jason-lewis-for-senate/donate
You might know him as a former fill-in host for Rush.  He is a former afternoon drive, long time, conservative radio host and former suburban congressman who got flipped in 2018.  Very well known in the metro area with conservatives.  VERY strong on constitutional issues.  Rand Paul-like on military issues (opposite of hawk}.  Great contrast with Tina Smith, former local head of the racist baby slaughterhouse group called "Planned Parenthood".  She pretends to be moderate; votes with Omar and the far Left of the Senate - as all Democrats do.

Mask was required by state law.  As I left I wondered what accommodations they make for someone who forgot theirs or doesn't have one.  Small election expense to just give them one.

My biggest gripe is local.  Hennepin County which is Minneapolis and suburbs is bigger than 8 states by my last count in population, maybe has an economy bigger than 10 states, with a multi-billion dollar budget, not counting a billion in healthcare for illegals they keep 'off-budget'.  The county commissioner election is deemed to be "non-partisan".  What an expletive-deleted joke.  In the conservative districts, that keeps the Republican endorsed candidate from getting an 'R' by his name and lets other heavily funded candidates create confusion over who stands for what.  Running a GIANT powerful government is no more non-partisan than the Trump Biden race will be.

One other point in MN will be the chance to flip the 7th district to Republican.  The incumbent Democrat there has tried to match the conservative movement of the out-state district.  He was the only Dem vote against Obamacare, but when it comes down to it, his 'D' choice could be what keeps Nancy Pelosi Speaker of a divided House and after Trump and Pence next in line for the Presidency, which could happen if the 2020 election is unresolved on inauguration day.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Litigation and Mystery Ballots!-Coup #2
« Reply #1159 on: August 11, 2020, 10:58:44 AM »
https://saraacarter.com/fec-commissioner-substantial-chance-we-wont-know-winner-on-election-night/

Until they win.

How secure is mail-in balloting?  The President continues to undermine it with his words, saying that it's, you know, not accurate –

Joe Scarborough.  ‘Rigged.’

Mika Brzezinski.  – that it's easily faulted by people and, you know, can be corrupted in some way, even though most of the people in his Administration have voted by mail, including him.  And, in the interview with Chris Wallace, he did not confirm whether he would leave – whether he would accept the results of the election if he lost.  What do you make of that?

Speaker Pelosi.  Well, that's a loaded question there about coronavirus, what we do about it.  But the fact is, whether he knows it yet or not, he will be leaving.  Just because he might not want to move out of the White House doesn't mean we won't have an inauguration ceremony to inaugurate a duly-elected President of the United States and the – I just – you know, I'm second in line to the Presidency.  Just last week I had my regular continuation of government briefing.  This might interest you because I say to them, ‘This is never going to happen.  God-willing it never will.’  But there is a process.  It has nothing to do with the certain occupant of the White House doesn't feel like moving and has to be fumigated out of there because the presidency is the presidency. 
It's not geography or location.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Litigation and Mystery Ballots!-Coup #2
« Reply #1161 on: August 12, 2020, 02:03:42 PM »
https://www.defenseone.com/ideas/2020/08/all-enemies-foreign-and-domestic-open-letter-gen-milley/167625/

https://saraacarter.com/fec-commissioner-substantial-chance-we-wont-know-winner-on-election-night/

Until they win.

How secure is mail-in balloting?  The President continues to undermine it with his words, saying that it's, you know, not accurate –

Joe Scarborough.  ‘Rigged.’

Mika Brzezinski.  – that it's easily faulted by people and, you know, can be corrupted in some way, even though most of the people in his Administration have voted by mail, including him.  And, in the interview with Chris Wallace, he did not confirm whether he would leave – whether he would accept the results of the election if he lost.  What do you make of that?

Speaker Pelosi.  Well, that's a loaded question there about coronavirus, what we do about it.  But the fact is, whether he knows it yet or not, he will be leaving.  Just because he might not want to move out of the White House doesn't mean we won't have an inauguration ceremony to inaugurate a duly-elected President of the United States and the – I just – you know, I'm second in line to the Presidency.  Just last week I had my regular continuation of government briefing.  This might interest you because I say to them, ‘This is never going to happen.  God-willing it never will.’  But there is a process.  It has nothing to do with the certain occupant of the White House doesn't feel like moving and has to be fumigated out of there because the presidency is the presidency. 
It's not geography or location.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: St. Fauci says regular voting safe
« Reply #1165 on: August 14, 2020, 01:22:39 PM »
What if you are dead? VOTER SUPPRESSION!!!

Been known to happen:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roe_effect

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The electoral process, vote fraud, SEIU/ACORN et al, etc.
« Reply #1167 on: August 16, 2020, 08:30:23 AM »
Dems :

there is no election fraud or very rare

Trump's decision to not pay out to the Post Office
infuriates the postal workers more
I am told by a  liberal postal worker (I don't disagree with Trump - just saying - I agree with JAred Kushner who was sabotaged by kriss teen aManPoor at end of discussion of historic UAE recognition of Israel with an attack question about Trump's reducing Post Office funding and claiming this will reduce delivery of ballots .

Jared wisely said "you can turn the argument  around " and say suddenly Dems are asking Post office to do job they are set up to do and expect them to deliver 100 million ballots in a perfect way and that frqud risk would be almost certain .

Just after Jared leaves the program well know Dem partisan aMan poor says something like "let me be clear , the elections experts all say fraud does not occur or is exceedingly rare. 

so now we have a bunch of angry democrats being responsible for seeing to it that ballots get delivered correctly and on tine

using Doug's phrase, "what could go wrong?"

and after the election we will hear screaming from the Dem mob how trump must concede immediately.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
WSJ on the Post Office issue
« Reply #1170 on: August 17, 2020, 12:12:55 PM »
News broke Friday that the U.S. Postal Service has warned dozens of states, via letters from USPS General Counsel Thomas Marshall, that their deadlines “for requesting and casting mail-in ballots are incongruous with the Postal Service’s delivery standards.” On cue, Democrats and the press portrayed this as evidence of Trumpian sabotage and voter suppression.

In reality, it’s closer to the opposite: an attempt by the USPS to forestall state election failure. The letters were planned before the new Postmaster General, Louis DeJoy, took the reins on June 15. Mr. Marshall sent nearly identical advice to election officials in a May letter posted at USPS.com. Strange public conspiracy.

“To account for delivery standards and to allow for contingencies (e.g., weather issues or unforeseen events), voters should mail their return ballots at least 1 week prior to the due date,” Mr. Marshall wrote in May. The same rule, he added, should apply to blank ballots: “The Postal Service also recommends that state or local election officials use FirstClass Mail and allow 1 week for delivery to voters.”

These guidelines are worth reiterating, given how states have bungled their recent primary elections. New York voters can request an absentee ballot using a mail application, which is valid if postmarked a week before Election Day. As a result of this lax deadline, plus a deluge of applications, roughly 30,000 ballots weren’t mailed to voters until June 22, a day before the primary election.

That seven-day deadline “is unrealistic,” Douglas Kellner, co-chair of the New York State Board of Elections, testified in court last month. The state board has argued for moving it back to 14 days, in line with the USPS suggestion of allowing seven days for delivery each way. Is Mr. Kellner complicit in postal sabotage?

Some states have even shorter deadlines. “Requests to have an absent voter ballot mailed to you must be received by your clerk no later than 5 p.m. the Friday before the election,” says Michigan’s Secretary of State. That’s a mere four days (including a Sunday) before the voting. If a Michigander files a request on Oct. 30, how realistic is it to expect that the ballot can be processed, mailed, voted and return mailed—all by Nov. 3?

The USPS understandably does not want to be set up for failure, which is evident in the laconic comment of its spokeswoman. “The Postal Service,” she said Friday, “is asking election officials and voters to realistically consider how the mail works.”

President Trump isn’t helping Mr. DeJoy with his contradictory claims that mail voting will be “rigged,” even as he says the USPS needs more money to execute it. But Democrats are as culpable for spinning post-office conspiracies without evidence. Barack Obama fed the political misinformation feedback loop on a podcast Friday by saying President Trump is trying to “actively kneecap the Postal Service.” On Saturday morning, protesters followed the former President’s lead and banged pots and pans outside Mr. DeJoy’s Washington, D.C., condo.

The people who really need a wake-up call are election officials in states like Michigan and New York, and the media are giving them a pass.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: PA: Team Trump with egg on face?
« Reply #1173 on: August 21, 2020, 09:25:21 AM »
https://theintercept.com/2020/08/20/trump-election-fraud-pennsylvania-court/

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1296601698891374593

51 million ballots sent to people who didn't request a ballot.

I don't know the criteria of this court.  Show actual fraud when none is investigated and when these states refused to send their data to the Feds to be investigated?  Are we looking for proven fraud specifically or just general bungling?  Vote by mail has PLENTY of problems including the sending of ballots and invitations to vote to illegals, ineligible voters, the dead, and people who moved.  We are sending out invitations to commit fraud and invalidate and de-legitimize our elections.  This is unprecedented and everyone knows it, so why do we look for precedent?  Where is the paper trail? Who witnesses the mailing the way an election judge witnesses your sign in to vote at the poll.  What killed it for me was when they set fire to the Post Office on Lake Street in Minneapolis and watched it burn.  How are THOSE ballots doing?  Then they follow that by not allowing feds to protect federal buildings in other cities.  This will be different?  How?  Why?  The same people are still in charge, and for some reason all the fraud happens in Democrat-run districts.

A mask is good enough for a protest in favor of mail-in voting, but not good enough to vote.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: PA: Team Trump with egg on face?
« Reply #1174 on: August 21, 2020, 02:54:52 PM »
Yes. It's amazing how little crime you find when you don't actually look for it, or actively avoid trying to see it.

https://theintercept.com/2020/08/20/trump-election-fraud-pennsylvania-court/

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1296601698891374593

51 million ballots sent to people who didn't request a ballot.

I don't know the criteria of this court.  Show actual fraud when none is investigated and when these states refused to send their data to the Feds to be investigated?  Are we looking for proven fraud specifically or just general bungling?  Vote by mail has PLENTY of problems including the sending of ballots and invitations to vote to illegals, ineligible voters, the dead, and people who moved.  We are sending out invitations to commit fraud and invalidate and de-legitimize our elections.  This is unprecedented and everyone knows it, so why do we look for precedent?  Where is the paper trail? Who witnesses the mailing the way an election judge witnesses your sign in to vote at the poll.  What killed it for me was when they set fire to the Post Office on Lake Street in Minneapolis and watched it burn.  How are THOSE ballots doing?  Then they follow that by not allowing feds to protect federal buildings in other cities.  This will be different?  How?  Why?  The same people are still in charge, and for some reason all the fraud happens in Democrat-run districts.

A mask is good enough for a protest in favor of mail-in voting, but not good enough to vote.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Just 20%
« Reply #1175 on: August 21, 2020, 02:55:54 PM »
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/389757.php

Good thing they wouldn't do this in November!

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: August 21, 2020, 03:06:03 PM »
".Good thing they wouldn't do this in November!"

Biden 's handlers have already hired a virtual army of attorneys to cover this up.

and FB as you may have seen is already to bury the fraud accusations off of face book

As GM puts it, the fix , "coup 2.0" is in.  (just in case)

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Vote by Junk Mail
« Reply #1177 on: August 22, 2020, 08:24:18 AM »
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/08/count-some-of-the-votes.php

"Democrats are relentlessly promoting voting by junk mail, where state governments mail out hundreds of thousands of ballots to names and addresses that don’t correspond to actual, living and legal voters who live at those addresses, hoping that thousands of those blank ballots will come back, filled out in favor of Democratic candidates by party loyalists into whose hands they fall."

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Minnesota may be close
« Reply #1178 on: August 22, 2020, 08:52:23 AM »
but we all know there is back up plan
and reason why close races we always find the dems running around like fleas on.a dog
drumming up phony votes .

well all these people could be told to write down the latest street they crashed
given 15$ to allow the good samaritan to help them fill out a ballot (with check mark in Dem box of course)
and drop into box:

https://www.usich.gov/homelessness-statistics/mn/#:~:text=Minnesota%20Homelessness%20Statistics,and%20Urban%20Development%20(HUD).

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Mail in fraud cancels election, Paterson NJ
« Reply #1179 on: August 22, 2020, 10:39:20 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/paterson-new-jersey-voter-fraud-new-election-city-council-race

PATERSON, N.J. – A judge has ruled that a new election will be held in November for a disputed Paterson City Council seat, just weeks after the race's apparent winner and a sitting councilman were charged with voter fraud.

State Superior Court Judge Ernest Caposela issued his ruling Wednesday.

Alex Mendez had won a special election on May 12 to fill the seat, but claims of voter fraud were soon raised. An investigation was then launched after the U.S. Postal Service's law enforcement arm told the state attorney general's office about hundreds of mail-in ballots located in a mailbox in Paterson, along with more found in nearby Haledon.

----------------------------------------------
"In Paterson, that's just the way things go..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpZvg_FjL3Q

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Paterson NJ
« Reply #1180 on: August 22, 2020, 12:46:50 PM »
What could go wrong?
A Mail-Voting Redo in New Jersey
Paterson will get a new election, but the stakes are higher in the Nov. 3 presidential race.
By The Editorial Board
Aug. 21, 2020 6:59 pm ET

New Jersey’s judiciary is calling an electoral mulligan. The state’s third-biggest city, Paterson, held a municipal election by mail in May, but the results fell into doubt after a startling percentage of the ballots were tossed out. Four men, including a city councilman and a councilman-elect, were charged with vote fraud.

On Wednesday a state court found that the election in the city’s third ward “was rife with mail in vote procedural violations,” and therefore it “was not the fair, free and full expression of the intent of the voters.” A redo will be held Nov. 3. “Of all ballots cast in the Third Ward City Council election,” Judge Ernest Caposela wrote, “24.29% were rejected.” By comparison, he said that in 31 municipal elections held the same day across New Jersey, the overall ballot-rejection rate was “only 9.6%.” For democratic legitimacy, that’s an alarming “only.”

At a Paterson apartment building, the U.S. Postal Service didn’t place blank ballots into individual mailboxes, the judge wrote. Instead “a substantial number” were “left in bulk in the foyer.”

Court filings cite people who said they didn’t vote, yet ballots were sent in under their names. About 200 ballots were found in a mailbox in Haledon, N.J., an adjacent town. Three voters, the local news said, strangely did not list their addresses as any local cemetery, despite their being dead.

On the fraud claims, Judge Caposela deferred to prosecutors. But New Jersey’s Attorney General has alleged that the indicted city councilmen obtained at least one unvoted ballot, which was then “delivered to the Board of Elections.”

Whenever Donald Trump brings up Paterson, Democrats say it’s proof that fraud in mail voting can be detected and policed. “I view that as a positive data point,” New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy said last Sunday. “Some guys tried to screw around with the system. They got caught by law enforcement. They’ve been indicted. They’ll pay a price.”

That last bit might be true, thanks in part to New Jersey’s legal restrictions on ballot harvesting.

(MARC:  I have been pounding the table on the matter of ballot harvesting!!!)

But Mr. Murphy is wrong to say that bad actors merely “tried to screw around with the system.” Although they were caught, they succeeded. An election has been invalidated, and Paterson will hold another vote.

For a city council, this isn’t the end of the world. But at the top of the Nov. 3 ballot, the stakes are higher. There aren’t do-overs for presidential elections. The answer is for state and local officials to stop blaming the post office and start implementing an election process that voters can trust.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Paterson NJ
« Reply #1181 on: August 22, 2020, 01:07:59 PM »
1. Massive mail-in vote fraud.
2. Dems litigate to fight any attempts to discard fake votes.
3. Drag out election results though the end of Trump's term.
4. Acting President Pelosi/military coup

What could go wrong?
Paterson will get a new election, but the stakes are higher in the Nov. 3 presidential race.
By The Editorial Board

New Jersey’s judiciary is calling an electoral mulligan. The state’s third-biggest city, Paterson, held a municipal election by mail in May, but the results fell into doubt after a startling percentage of the ballots were tossed out. Four men, including a city councilman and a councilman-elect, were charged with vote fraud.

On Wednesday a state court found that the election in the city’s third ward “was rife with mail in vote procedural violations,” and therefore it “was not the fair, free and full expression of the intent of the voters.” A redo will be held Nov. 3. “Of all ballots cast in the Third Ward City Council election,” Judge Ernest Caposela wrote, “24.29% were rejected.” By comparison, he said that in 31 municipal elections held the same day across New Jersey, the overall ballot-rejection rate was “only 9.6%.” For democratic legitimacy, that’s an alarming “only.”

At a Paterson apartment building, the U.S. Postal Service didn’t place blank ballots into individual mailboxes, the judge wrote. Instead “a substantial number” were “left in bulk in the foyer.”

Court filings cite people who said they didn’t vote, yet ballots were sent in under their names. About 200 ballots were found in a mailbox in Haledon, N.J., an adjacent town. Three voters, the local news said, strangely did not list their addresses as any local cemetery, despite their being dead.

On the fraud claims, Judge Caposela deferred to prosecutors. But New Jersey’s Attorney General has alleged that the indicted city councilmen obtained at least one unvoted ballot, which was then “delivered to the Board of Elections.”

Whenever Donald Trump brings up Paterson, Democrats say it’s proof that fraud in mail voting can be detected and policed. “I view that as a positive data point,” New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy said last Sunday. “Some guys tried to screw around with the system. They got caught by law enforcement. They’ve been indicted. They’ll pay a price.”

That last bit might be true, thanks in part to New Jersey’s legal restrictions on ballot harvesting.

But Mr. Murphy is wrong to say that bad actors merely “tried to screw around with the system.” Although they were caught, they succeeded. An election has been invalidated, and Paterson will hold another vote.

For a city council, this isn’t the end of the world. But at the top of the Nov. 3 ballot, the stakes are higher. There aren’t do-overs for presidential elections. The answer is for state and local officials to stop blaming the post office and start implementing an election process that voters can trust.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Paterson NJ
« Reply #1182 on: August 22, 2020, 01:35:24 PM »
1. Massive mail-in vote fraud.
2. Dems litigate to fight any attempts to discard fake votes.
3. Drag out election results though the end of Trump's term.
4. Acting President Pelosi/military coup

What could go wrong?
By The Editorial Board

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The electoral process, vote fraud, reported by Judicial Watch
« Reply #1185 on: August 24, 2020, 07:28:36 PM »
Voter Fraud: Man Arrested in L.A. for Voting 3 Times as His Dead Mother
A man from Norwalk, California, in Los Angeles County was arrested and charged last month for voting three times as his dead mother, as well as voting for himself, the Los Angeles District Attorney announced in a statement on Tuesday.
https://www.judicialwatch.org/in-the-news/la-man-votes-3-times/?utm_source=deployer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=tipsheet&utm_term=members&utm_content=20200824213928
----------------------------------------
Adding this:
We Have All The Evidence We Need That Universal Mail-In Voting Would Be a Disaster
BY MATT MARGOLIS AUG 24, 2020
https://pjmedia.com/election/matt-margolis/2020/08/24/we-have-all-the-evidence-we-need-that-universal-mail-in-voting-would-be-a-disaster-n832502
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 07:52:17 PM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
WSJ: The Post Office brouhaha is a joke
« Reply #1186 on: August 24, 2020, 11:59:25 PM »
The Phony Post Office War
Democrats are blaming the mailman for their own ballot blunders.
By The Editorial Board
Aug. 23, 2020 5:41 pm ET

House Democrats on Saturday returned to Washington to continue their political theater over the non-scandal of the U.S. Postal Service and the election. Speaker Nancy Pelosi whooped through a bill handing the post office $25 billion in the name of getting a trustworthy result on Nov. 3.

Even by Washington standards, this is a joke. New Postmaster General Louis DeJoy testified last week that the post office has enough money to deliver mail-in ballots, and his operation can’t possibly spend $25 billion that quickly in any case. Democrats voted for so much money as a bailout for the letter-carriers union that endorsed Joe Biden this month.

They want the money with no reform strings attached, though the Postal Service has lost $78 billion since 2007. The post office has been taking out underutilized equipment for years, but last week Mr. DeJoy suspended those efforts through the election after Democratic protests. He also said the post office will prioritize ballots over other kinds of first-class mail.

This should put the onus on state and local officials to establish adequate rules and deadlines for mail ballots. States like Michigan and New York have deadlines that are simply too late to process the ballots without delays and controversy. That’s the real Nov. 3 scandal to worry about.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: August 25, 2020, 09:11:23 AM »
the CNN libs keep asking

"where it the evidence "

and the republican always seems to be *unable* to offer these examples.    :x

just saw that 1 to 2 days ago

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Democrat adits to teams of operatives committing to fraud
« Reply #1189 on: August 31, 2020, 05:19:54 AM »
and , surprise surprise surprise

postal workers would be in on it.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2020/08/30/democratic-operative-for-decades-i-manipulated-mail-in-ballots-n2575310

How many postal workers would be Republican ~ 10% , maybe ?

just had political discussion with one recently who is rabid democrat   
anything democrat is good
anything republican is bad

calls Kavanaugh and Clarence Thomas rapists

when I bring up Joe , " nice guy" Biden on tape clearly lying about his law school achievements his response :

that was decades ago .

he says he takes mail delivery seriously - and he probably does
but  he sure has motivation to see to it the Dem votes get delivered more than the Republican

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
risk of mail in voting
« Reply #1190 on: August 31, 2020, 03:23:30 PM »
https://www.heritage.org/election-integrity/commentary/the-risks-mail-voting

most importantly dems can't cheat.........
which we know they do

that is why they want the mail in s

using corona for excuse

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
fraud of absentee ballots traced back to first American Civil War
« Reply #1193 on: September 02, 2020, 05:02:12 PM »
you guessed it
it was crooks trying to  help   McCellan

the criminals were given life in prison
https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/31/farrell-mail-in-voting-fraud-is-growing-but-not-new/

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: September 04, 2020, 02:03:35 PM »
Operation Red Mirage

or Blue theft

and Jimmy Carter will say it is all legit.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
WSJ: Will the Courts Pick the Next President?
« Reply #1197 on: September 08, 2020, 01:48:40 PM »
second

Will Courts Pick the Next President?
If the election is close, the fallout could make Bush v. Gore look like an ice-cream social.
By The Editorial Board
Sept. 7, 2020 6:44 pm ET

Georgia’s voting deadline is unambiguous: Absentee ballots are due when the polls close on Election Day. Late arrivals are meant to be set aside, stored, and eventually destroyed without being opened. That’s what state law says, and the way to protect democratic legitimacy in an anxious age is to run elections by the book.

But in the Twilight Zone of 2020, everything is apparently up for grabs. Last Monday a federal judge issued a preliminary injunction that orders Georgia officials to count all ballots postmarked by Election Day, even if they don’t show up until three days later. The suit was filed by the New Georgia Project, a group founded by Democrat Stacey Abrams. The judge expressed a reluctance to “interfere with Georgia’s statutory election machinery,” but she concluded that “the risk of disenfranchisement is great.”

Similar litigation is taking place across the country. Pennsylvania’s Supreme Court last Tuesday accepted a lawsuit filed by the state Democratic Party, and officials suggested last month in a separate case that ballots be counted if they arrive by Nov. 6, even if the postmark is missing or illegible. In Ohio, the League of Women Voters is challenging the process for verifying signatures. Minnesota has waived its rule that absentee ballots must be signed by a witness, and the state Supreme Court is weighing an appeal of that suspension, brought by President Trump’s campaign.

If the presidential election is decided by a whisker, with Donald Trump or Joe Biden leading by some thousands of votes in a few states, a court ruling could prove decisive. The pivotal jurisdictions will be flooded with Republican and Democratic lawyers, and the resulting chaos could resemble the 2000 Florida recount, with smudged postmarks as the new hanging chads.

The simple fact is that mass mail voting introduces slack into the election system. Unrealistic deadlines are one problem. For an election held on Nov. 3, voters in 10 states can request an absentee ballot on Nov. 2, according to a report last week by the U.S. Postal Service’s inspector general. During this year’s primary season, the audit says, more than a million ballots were sent to voters in the seven days before an election, placing them “at high risk” of tardiness.

The Postal Service audit describes how seven USPS processing centers performed from April through June. About 8% of identifiable election and political mail, or 1.6 million pieces, was delivered late. Don’t blame the new Postmaster General, Louis DeJoy: He took over June 15.

Some states try to factor in delays by counting ballot stragglers, up to 10 days late in Ohio, as long as they’re postmarked by Election Day. Alas, the audit finds that “ballots are not always being postmarked as required.” Other hangups abound: A Michigan voting envelope was printed without an address for the correct elections office, which “caused the ballot to be returned to the voter.” Ballots can also be rejected by local workers, who eyeball a voter’s signature to see if it matches the version on file.

In this year’s primaries, according to a tally by NPR, 558,032 absentee votes were tossed out. Al Gore won the nationwide popular vote in 2000 by 543,895. The discarded ballots this spring included 23,196 in Wisconsin, a state Mr. Trump won last time by 22,748. Some states give voters a week, or 14 days in Illinois, to “cure” bad signatures. Yet a study of Florida in 2018 found that mail-vote rejection rates were twice as high for black as for white voters.

The finagling over late ballots and messy signatures might stall the reporting of credible results. About a dozen states, including Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, don’t begin processing absentee votes until Election Day, per the National Conference of State Legislatures. In the absence of a partisan skew, this might not matter. But a recent Journal poll says that 66% of Trump supporters intend to vote in person, compared with 26% of Biden backers.

On election night, the electoral map might suggest a solid lead for Mr. Trump that is eroded as mail ballots are canvassed. What if Mr. Trump reprises his tweet from six days after Florida’s 2018 elections? “An honest vote count is no longer possible—ballots massively infected. Must go with Election Night!” Remember Hillary Clinton’s advice this summer: “Joe Biden should not concede under any circumstances, because I think this is going to drag out.”

The fight would probably drag out in the courts. Say it’s mid-November, and absentee ballots are being counted in a key state. Although Mr. Trump retains a modest lead, mail votes are breaking 3 to 1 for Mr. Biden. Perhaps the law in this jurisdiction requires ballots to arrive by Election Day, so there’s a pile to the side of thousands of late deliveries. Some are missing postmarks, and it’s not clear when they were mailed. Thousands more have been discarded for suspect signatures, but the rejection rates are higher in urban areas.

The best way to prevent this democratic debacle is to act before things get that far. If states tighten ballot deadlines now and prepare to process mail votes before Election Day, it would cut the risk of an outcome that causes half the country to claim it’s illegitimate. With each lawsuit that puts the count into the hands of judges, this nightmare gets more likely.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Coup 2.0
« Reply #1198 on: September 08, 2020, 02:56:28 PM »
https://nypost.com/2020/09/06/antifa-riots-could-be-part-of-democrat-power-grab-devine/

Antifa riots may be part of Democrat power grab: Devine
By Miranda Devine September 6, 2020 | 10:39pm | Updated

Imagine you were at a restaurant and BLM-Antifa protesters descended on you, threw your food on the ground, broke plates, overturned chairs, tossed a potted plant into your oyster platter and forced you to leave.

That’s what happened in upstate Rochester Friday night at the Ox and Stone, and across the road at Swan Dive, when hundreds of protesters chanting “Black lives matter” chased off frightened diners.

“We’re shutting your party down,” a woman shouts in footage aired by FreedomNews TV.

The oyster-platter incident reportedly occurred at Korean steakhouse Cote in the Flatiron District. Protesters brandishing a “Death to America” anarchist banner and chanting “Every city, every town, burn the precinct to the ground” left a trail of destruction in the city Friday night.

One of those arrested for felony rioting was wealthy Upper East Side college student Clara Kraebber, 20, a member of the Young Democrats.

Whether or not all rioters are Democratic voters, they increasingly are associated with Joe Biden’s campaign in the minds of voters who fear violence is coming to their suburb.

This rolling campaign of anti-police street violence is killing Biden’s bid for the presidency — just look at private polling in crucial swing states such as Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, where law and order has become a decisive issue.

So why don’t Democratic leaders do more to condemn the violence and call for calm?

To understand their inaction, you need to step back and see street violence as one element of a coordinated “playbook” to dislodge President Trump, regardless of the outcome of the election.

This is the thesis of political theorist Dr. Darren Beattie, a former Duke University professor and White House official.

The playbook is straight from the strategies the US government has deployed in so-called “Color Revolutions” in Eastern European countries, such as Ukraine or Belarus, to remove “authoritarian” leaders deemed hostile to American interests.

In a series of articles at Revolver.news, Beattie’s thesis provides a compelling comparison between Deep State efforts to remove President Trump and techniques used by the State Department, covert agencies and allied NGOs to influence, or overturn, elections in foreign countries.

BLM-Antifa’s “mostly peaceful protests” are America’s version of Ukraine’s Orange Revolution, where civil unrest was fomented on the streets to oust a Kremlin-backed authoritarian.

In an interview, Beattie noted “strong parallels” between “color revolutions” overseas and the “sustained coordinated coup against Trump” — from the Russia collusion hoax to his impeachment over Ukraine.

“The very same regime change professionals … assigned to overthrow ‘authoritarians’ in Eastern Europe are the ones running this operation against Trump. It is the same playbook run by the same people.”

The Color Revolution playbook starts by creating the narrative of an authoritarian, illegitimate leader. Then you foment unrest on the streets, aimed at provoking an authoritarian crackdown that can be used to mobilize further unrest.

You undermine people’s faith in the election process, setting up a contested outcome that turns into street fighting.

At the same time, you wage relentless “lawfare” to contest ballots. Ultimately the military may be called upon to dislodge the incumbent.

An added twist for America is that Democrats have used the pandemic to institute mass, unsolicited mail-in ballots, which historically are open to fraud and coercion, an experiment which will leave the election result undecided on Nov. 3.

It would be easy to dismiss Beattie’s idea as a wild conspiracy theory, except anti-Trump forces are doing their best to play along.

Take the Transition Integrity Project, a bipartisan war-gaming exercise created by academics, former Clinton and Obama operatives, never-Trumper Republicans, journalists and diplomats, “out of concern that the Trump administration may seek to manipulate, ignore, undermine or disrupt the 2020 presidential election and transition process.”

Project co-founder Rosa Brooks, former special counsel at the George Soros-linked Open Society Foundations in New York, laid out four scenarios for the election: a big Biden win; a narrow Biden win; a period of extended uncertainty as in 2000; and a Trump Electoral College win but popular vote loss, as in 2016.

SEE ALSO

Democrats determined to treat November's election as illegitimate — unless they win
Only with the scenario in which Biden wins an overwhelming victory is there a “relatively orderly transfer of power,” Brooks wrote last week in the Washington Post.

“Every other scenario we looked at involved street-level violence and political crisis … massive disinformation campaigns, violence in the streets and a constitutional impasse.”

Straight out of the Color Revolution playbook.

The aim is to lay the groundwork to reject the election results if Trump wins, with the expectation that he will not concede defeat and will have to be dislodged by military means.

Again, this sounds insane, I know.

But this is the scenario posed by two retired Army officers, John Nagl and Paul Yingling, in a respectable military publication, Defense One, last month. In an open letter to Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Mark Milley, they suggested the 82nd Airborne could be used to remove Trump “by force” from the White House in January.

Hillary Clinton echoed the sentiment: “Biden should not concede under any circumstances.” Biden has said he is “absolutely convinced” the military would “escort” Trump from the White House if he refused to leave office.

The narrative grew so persistent that Milley felt compelled to issue a letter to Congress declaring the military will not help settle disputes if the election results are contested.

Attorney General Bill Barr warned on CNN last week that the Democrats’ push for unsolicited mail-in ballots is “playing with fire” in our divided country.

To put it mildly.

But, apart from complaining, what is the government going to do about it?