Author Topic: Epidemics: Bird Flu, TB, AIDs, Superbugs, Ebola, etc  (Read 263572 times)

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
More math
« Reply #352 on: March 21, 2020, 11:37:35 AM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 12:15:03 PM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
NJ releasing prisoners
« Reply #358 on: March 23, 2020, 03:40:01 PM »
The American Civil Liberties Union of New Jersey, which called for the action along with the Public Defender’s Office, praised the move in a statement, calling it a “landmark agreement” that embodies the principles of “compassion” and “looking out for all people’s well-being.”

“Unprecedented times call for rethinking the normal way of doing things, and in this case it means releasing people who pose little risk to their communities for the sake of public health and the dignity of people who are incarcerated,” ACLU New Jersey Executive Director Amol Singha said in a statement.“Unprecedented times call for rethinking the normal way of doing things, and in this case it means releasing people who pose little risk to their communities for the sake of public health and the dignity of people who are incarcerated,” ACLU New Jersey Executive Director Amol Singha said in a statement."

What a joke.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
R I P. Dr. Li Wenliang
« Reply #363 on: March 24, 2020, 05:47:19 AM »
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30382-2/fulltext

On Dec 30, 2019, Li Wenliang sent a message to a group of fellow doctors warning them about a possible outbreak of an illness that resembled severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in Wuhan, Hubei province, China, where he worked. Meant to be a private message, he encouraged them to protect themselves from infection. Days later, he was summoned to the Public Security Bureau in Wuhan and made to sign a statement in which he was accused of making false statements that disturbed the public order
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 05:49:34 AM by DougMacG »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Epidemics: China Lie, Dec 31 2019
« Reply #364 on: March 24, 2020, 06:02:24 AM »
Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan Infectious Diseases Hospital, and Wuhan CDC. According to the analysis of epidemiological investigations and preliminary laboratory tests, the above cases are considered to be viral pneumonia. The investigation so far has not found any obvious human-to-human transmission and no medical staff infection.
http://wjw.wuhan.gov.cn/front/web/showDetail/2019123108989

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/chinas-devastating-lies/

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Epidemics: Bird Flu, TB, AIDs, Superbugs, Ebola, etc
« Reply #365 on: March 24, 2020, 06:14:51 AM »
I posted the bored panda link on our doctor email site

As doctors we are glad we can help but are obviously not at risk like our face to face  frontline colleagues .

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Mainstream media's first mention of the Wuhan Coronavirus. Hong Kong newspaper South China Morning Post, December 31 2019. Nothing to see here, "no human-to-human infection had been reported so far", "we are [now] quite capable of killing it in the beginning phase, given China’s disease control system, emergency handling capacity and clinical medicine support."  What could go wrong?

This is as far as a somewhat free HK newspaper can go without being jailed with the other whistleblowers. 

Besides, US Media was consumed with Nancy Pelosi holding her passed articles of impeachment and not delivering them to the Senate.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/politics/article/3044050/mystery-illness-hits-chinas-wuhan-city-nearly-30-hospitalised

Photo: Wuhan’s Huanan seafood market, where most of the mystery viral pneumonia cases have originated. Photo: HandoutWuhan’s Huanan seafood market, where most of the mystery viral pneumonia cases have originated.

China / Politics
Hong Kong takes emergency measures as mystery ‘pneumonia’ infects dozens in China’s Wuhan city
Most patients worked at a seafood market and health workers are still trying to identify virus responsible
City authorities tell hospitals to report any more cases of the illness, which is described as being ‘of unknown origin’
Mandy Zuo, Lilian Cheng, Alice Yan and Cannix Yau
Published: 2:35pm, 31 Dec, 2019

Hong Kong health authorities are taking no chances with a mysterious outbreak of viral pneumonia in the central Chinese city of Wuhan, warning of symptoms similar to Sars and bird flu as they step up border screening and put hospitals on alert.

“The situation in Wuhan is unusual, and we are not sure about the reasons behind the outbreak yet,” said Secretary for Food and Health Sophia Chan Siu-chee said after an urgent night-time meeting with officials and experts on New Year’s Eve. “Since we are now in the holiday season, and Hong Kong has close transport ties with Wuhan, we must stay alert.”

With Wuhan reporting 27 infections so far, Chan said the Department of Health would increase vigilance and temperature screenings at every border checkpoint, including the city’s international airport and high-speed railway station in West Kowloon.
Hospital Authority chief executive Tony Ko Pat-sing said frontline medical staff had been alerted at public and private hospitals.

Central Hospital in Wuhan, the central Chinese city where an “unknown pneumonia” has so far affected nearly 30 people.

“So far, there are no suspicious pneumonia cases in public hospitals,” he said. “But once we suspect cases, including the presentation of fever and acute respiratory illness or pneumonia, and travel history to Wuhan within 14 days before onset of symptoms, we will put the patients into isolation.”

News of the outbreak in Wuhan came to light after an urgent notice from the city’s health department, which told hospitals to report further cases of “pneumonia of unknown origin”, started circulating on social media on Monday night.

The notice invoked memories of the 2002 and 2003 outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome, or Sars, which killed hundreds of people in mainland China and Hong Kong.
Protests took a harder toll on Hong Kong’s economy than Sars virus
2 Nov 2019

Over the past month, 27 patients in Wuhan – most of them stall holders at the Huanan seafood market – have been treated for the mystery illness.
The Wuhan municipal health commission said seven of the patients were seriously ill. Two had nearly recovered and were about to leave hospital, while the remaining patients were in a stable condition. Most patients had fevers and some were short of breath.

Hong Kong health authorities are taking no chances with a mysterious outbreak of viral pneumonia in the central Chinese city of Wuhan, warning of symptoms similar to Sars and bird flu as they step up border screening and put hospitals on alert.

With Wuhan reporting 27 infections so far, Chan said the Department of Health would increase vigilance and temperature screenings at every border checkpoint, including the city’s international airport and high-speed railway station in West Kowloon.

Hospital Authority chief executive Tony Ko Pat-sing said frontline medical staff had been alerted at public and private hospitals.

“So far, there are no suspicious pneumonia cases in public hospitals,” he said. “But once we suspect cases, including the presentation of fever and acute respiratory illness or pneumonia, and travel history to Wuhan within 14 days before onset of symptoms, we will put the patients into isolation.”

Experts from the University of Hong Kong have also been enlisted to conduct faster genetic testing of virus samples.

News of the outbreak in Wuhan came to light after an urgent notice from the city’s health department, which told hospitals to report further cases of “pneumonia of unknown origin”, started circulating on social media on Monday night.

The notice invoked memories of the 2002 and 2003 outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome, or Sars, which killed hundreds of people in mainland China and Hong Kong.

Over the past month, 27 patients in Wuhan – most of them stall holders at the Huanan seafood market – have been treated for the mystery illness.
The Wuhan municipal health commission said seven of the patients were seriously ill. Two had nearly recovered and were about to leave hospital, while the remaining patients were in a stable condition. Most patients had fevers and some were short of breath.

The health commission’s initial investigations, which included clinical diagnosis and laboratory tests, suggested all 27 were viral pneumonia cases.

No human-to-human infection had been reported so far, officials said, and no medical staff had contracted the disease. More pathological tests and investigations were underway.

Experts from the University of Hong Kong have also been enlisted to conduct faster genetic testing of virus samples.

Microbiologist Yuen Kwok-yung from the University of Hong Kong noted similarities with the 1997 outbreak of avian influenza, and the severe acute respiratory syndrome epidemic of 2003 – all cases in Wuhan were linked to the same seafood market, reported in December, and with a severe infection rate of 25 per cent.
“But there’s no need to panic. First, compared with 2003, we have better systems in notification, testing and infection control. We also have medicines that we can try,” Yuen said.

“In the past, we didn’t have proper isolation facilities. If you ask me will there be any chance that the severity will be the same as in 2003, I will say the chance is low. All we have to do is to be on alert.”
The 2003 epidemic infected more than 1,750 people and killed 299 in Hong Kong.
The patients in Wuhan were under quarantine while tests and a disinfection programme were being carried out at the seafood market, the city’s health authorities said.
Qu Shiqian, a vendor at the seafood market, said government officials had disinfected the premises on Tuesday and told stallholders to wear masks.
He said he had only learnt about the pneumonia outbreak from media reports.
“Previously I thought they had flu,” he said. “It should be not serious. We are fish traders. How can we get infected?”
State television reported that a team of experts from the National Health Commission had arrived in Wuhan to lead the investigation, while People’s Daily said the exact cause remained unclear and it would be premature to speculate.

People’s Daily also quoted several hospital sources in the city who said it was likely that the virus responsible was different from Sars, which infected more than 5,300 people and killed 349 in mainland China between late 2002 and mid-2003.

Tao Lina, a public health expert and former official with Shanghai’s centre for disease control and prevention, said that while a return of Sars could not be ruled out, the public health care system was now better able to handle such an outbreak.

“We don’t know whether Sars will come back after 16 years. In human history, we’ve never seen an epidemic disappear forever without the interference of vaccines. So we have reasons to be cautious, but not to panic too much,” Tao said.

“I think we are [now] quite capable of killing it in the beginning phase, given China’s disease control system, emergency handling capacity and clinical medicine support.”
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 07:22:31 AM by DougMacG »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
COVID-19: Named for the year that China lied and set off the world outbreak
« Reply #368 on: March 24, 2020, 07:45:22 AM »
To call it Wuhan or China is racist(?) but to name it COVID-19 is to single out the year that China was lying about it, endangering the world.

Dec 31 2019 China was reporting "no human-to-human infection had been reported so far", and had already jailed 8 medical personnel who said otherwise.

See previous posts and Jim Geraghty's National Review article yesterday:
The Comprehensive Timeline of China’s COVID-19 Lies
By JIM GERAGHTY
March 23, 2020
https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/chinas-devastating-lies/?utm_source=recirc-desktop&utm_medium=homepage&utm_campaign=river&utm_content=featured-content-trending&utm_term=first

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Is the treatment worse then the infection?
« Reply #369 on: March 24, 2020, 08:08:32 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/texas-lt-governor-suggests-elderly-should-risk-lives-save-economy-050531075.html

I know people who feel that way and I strongly disagree.  We are in the middle of a mostly voluntary 15 day shutdown that took a couple of days to get started.  We can do this for let's say 16 days and then see where we are with it.  We need progress on every front, test kits, sanitizers, TOILET PAPER, ventilators, hospital beds and treatments.  That takes time.

OMG, you can't go to a restaurant - where the hygiene should have been looked at a lot closer a long time ago.  Flying is a privilege, not a right.  Right? 

I am able to get in my car and go almost anywhere I want and buy almost anything I want.  Young, healthy people who are inconvenienced should be thankful they are young and healthy.  That won't always be the case. 

The economy will bounce back just fine (MHO) when the medical crisis is clearly in the rear view mirror.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 08:50:32 PM by Crafty_Dog »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
if one wants to know how many cases in one's area of corona
« Reply #375 on: March 25, 2020, 06:08:01 AM »
This site is the simplest:

https://www.coronainusa.com/

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Justin Amash vote against the bill
« Reply #376 on: March 25, 2020, 12:56:21 PM »
can this one Senator delay a bill?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep-amash-signals-may-single-134541682.html

he does make excellent points.

bail out big business ?
increase wealth gap?
massively grow government?

where would he get that idea?

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Report: Doomsday Model Is Likely WAY Off
« Reply #382 on: March 26, 2020, 05:33:37 AM »
More optimistic take:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/oxford-epidemiologist-heres-why-that-doomsday-model-is-likely-way-off

Killing 2 million is hardly doomsday. Now Ebola, or something similar could be the "slate wiper".

https://www.chicagotribune.com/opinion/commentary/ct-ebola-future-rick-kogan-perspec-1001-20141017-story.html

Yes, this is looking like it is our practice run, unlikely to make the list of top 100 causes of death in the US in the year of its outbreak.  The number I see today is 857 deaths in US as we approach the end of a 14 day shutdown. http://deathcount.info/  It would take 69,000 deaths/yr. to make the top 100 list: https://thestacker.com/stories/1100/top-100-causes-death-america

That does not mean we have over-reacted, just that it isn't a bug with a 90 or 100% kill rate.  If we ever get to universal testing I expect we find the kill rate is below 0.1%.  And there are immunizations and treatments coming.  This bug is not killing off humanity.  It's part of mortality we already face.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Epidemics: Nassim Taleb from Jan 26, 2020
« Reply #383 on: March 26, 2020, 06:23:55 AM »
Important paper I should have posted sooner.  I didn't fully understand what he was saying. 

"THE NOVEL CORONAVIRUS emerging out of Wuhan, China has been identified as a deadly strain that is also highly contagious."
"Fat tailed processes have special attributes, making conventional risk-management approaches inadequate."

We should have done sooner what we are doing now, but I don't think the public would have complied before they fully recognized the risk.  At the time of that writing, the ruling regime of China was still denying important aspects of the risk.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5b68a4e4a2772c2a206180a1/t/5e2efaa2ff2cf27efbe8fc91/1580137123173/Systemic_Risk_of_Pandemic_via_Novel_Path.pdf

[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat-tailed_distribution]

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 26, 2020, 11:51:01 AM »
we always knew that travel today would make any pandemic spread even faster.

the troops movements around the world in 1918 spread it far faster at that time.

what surprises me is back then, most deaths are thought to be from the secondary bacterial pneumonias - in the days before antibiotics which I wrongly assumed with thus mitigate deaths in the next pandemic.

Corona victims are not dying as much. from pneumonias as from acute respiratory distress syndrome wherein the lungs fill with fluid
and then the heart give out.

so antibiotics will not save most people.

that all said I am more optimistic

I think we have seen the bottom in the market
and I think the total death rates will be on lower end
due to our ingenuity in finding ways to treat, mobilization

etc.

This is not doomsday.
Though I wish I had more cash - I never have it when I need it. Only the rich keep tons of cash on hand.

I think Grannis was right

The government 's job is to step in and find ways to spread out trillions. ( into the black bottomless hole of no return)
I know much are "loans" ... yada ....

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 26, 2020, 12:15:04 PM »
It’s not doomsday, but don’t be so quick to assume we have hit bottom. Tread carefully. This is only the first wave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHOMuiipsE

Even worse than catching a falling knife.

we always knew that travel today would make any pandemic spread even faster.

the troops movements around the world in 1918 spread it far faster at that time.

what surprises me is back then, most deaths are thought to be from the secondary bacterial pneumonias - in the days before antibiotics which I wrongly assumed with thus mitigate deaths in the next pandemic.

Corona victims are not dying as much. from pneumonias as from acute respiratory distress syndrome wherein the lungs fill with fluid
and then the heart give out.

so antibiotics will not save most people.

that all said I am more optimistic

I think we have seen the bottom in the market
and I think the total death rates will be on lower end
due to our ingenuity in finding ways to treat, mobilization

etc.

This is not doomsday.
Though I wish I had more cash - I never have it when I need it. Only the rich keep tons of cash on hand.

I think Grannis was right

The government 's job is to step in and find ways to spread out trillions. ( into the black bottomless hole of no return)
I know much are "loans" ... yada ....
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 05:33:49 PM by G M »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Chinese test kits faulty
« Reply #387 on: March 26, 2020, 04:01:27 PM »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Just the flu, bro!
« Reply #389 on: March 26, 2020, 05:52:12 PM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Why. kumbaya!
« Reply #390 on: March 27, 2020, 06:04:41 AM »
wow the Chinese really are our friends:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/sorry-conspiracy-theorists-study-concludes-covid-19-not-090026698--abc-news-topstories.html

All well and good, but the "stuy deals blow to conspiracy theorists" title of yahoo post  is an obvious PC jab.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Why. kumbaya!
« Reply #391 on: March 27, 2020, 06:28:27 AM »
wow the Chinese really are our friends:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/sorry-conspiracy-theorists-study-concludes-covid-19-not-090026698--abc-news-topstories.html

All well and good, but the "stuy deals blow to conspiracy theorists" title of yahoo post  is an obvious PC jab.

Trace the Chinese funding.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
First U.S. Case Reported of Deadly Wuhan Virus, Jan 22, 2020
« Reply #394 on: March 27, 2020, 09:45:06 AM »
This I understand was the first US report of "Wuhan Virus".  WSJ
It is loaded with inaccuracies based on the Chinese Communist Party cover up.
The number in China went from 300 to 18,000 in days.
This is roughly what was known when Pres. Trump said we have it under control.
-------------------------------------------------
First U.S. Case Reported of Deadly Wuhan Virus
The coronavirus has sickened hundreds, killed six in China
[No.  It was way worse than that in China; they were lying to us, to the WHO and to the world.]
https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-virus-kills-two-more-patients-as-authorities-step-up-control-measures-11579614626

The U.S. confirmed its first case of a patient with the new coronavirus. A traveler takes precautions at Seattle’s international airport.
PHOTO: DAVID RYDER/BLOOMBERG NEWS
By Betsy McKay and Chao Deng
Updated Jan. 22, 2020 11:26 am ET

A man in Washington state has been diagnosed with a deadly strain of coronavirus, the first case to be confirmed in the U.S. in an outbreak that has sickened hundreds of people in Asia, federal and state health officials said Tuesday.

The man, who is in his 30s and is a U.S. resident, recently traveled to Wuhan, China, the city where the outbreak is believed to have started last month, according to the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as Washington state and local health authorities. The man arrived back in the U.S. on Jan. 15.

Spread of the Virus
Since it first appeared in the central Chinese city of Wuhan last month, a newly identified coronavirus has spread across China and into neighboring countries. On Tuesday, a case was confirmed in Washington state.

Confirmed cases, deaths:  see graphic
Sources: local governments; China Central Television

He is the first patient to be diagnosed with the new coronavirus outside of Asia, where more than 300 people have been sickened and at least six have died. While most of the confirmed illnesses occurred in people in Wuhan, cases have been reported in other cities in China, as well as Thailand, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan.

The CDC said last week that it was expecting cases in the U.S., and now says it expects more. “We do expect additional cases in the United States and globally,” said Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases.

An emergency committee for the World Health Organization is scheduled to meet Wednesday to determine whether to declare the outbreak a public-health emergency of international concern, a designation that would help mobilize resources to prevent the virus’s spread around the globe.

Aware of the outbreak in Wuhan, the Washington man sought medical care when he developed symptoms a day after arriving home to Snohomish County, north of Seattle, the health officials said. He is in good condition and has been hospitalized at the Providence Regional Medical Center Everett out of an abundance of caution, the officials said.

A hospital spokesman said that the patient is being monitored in a special isolation unit “for at least the next 48 hours.” The hospital is contacting health workers and other patients who may have had contact with him, so they can be monitored for symptoms, the spokesman said.

Ground Zero for China’s Mysterious Virus
Spreading quickly from its epicenter in the city of Wuhan, a potentially lethal virus has sickened hundreds around China and reached the U.S., Japan and South Korea. Photo: Agence France-Presse/Getty Images
“The man who tested positive acted quickly to seek treatment,” said John Wiesman, Washington State Secretary of Health. “We believe the risk to the public is low.”

The fact that local health officials and a regional hospital in the Pacific Northwest have suddenly been confronted with a virus that scientists discovered just a few weeks ago thousands of miles away in central China shows how rapidly diseases can spread around the world. The risk is even greater when a new virus emerges in a busy transport hub like Wuhan, which is connected through direct and connecting flights to many other major cities around the globe.

The CDC said Tuesday that it will expand screening of airline passengers for symptoms of the new virus to two more airports: Chicago O’Hare International Airport and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. All passengers from Wuhan will now be funneled through five airports where screening is taking place, said Martin Cetron, director of the Division of Global Migration and Quarantine at the CDC.

The CDC began screening at the end of last week at three airports that receive the majority of travelers from Wuhan: San Francisco International Airport, Los Angeles International Airport and New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport. More than 1,200 passengers have been screened, but none have been referred to a hospital, said Dr. Messonnier.

A Chinese-language sign in the Seattle airport tells arriving passengers to call a doctor if they have been in Wuhan and feel sick.
PHOTO: ASSOCIATED PRESS
The Washington state man returned to the U.S. before screening began. It isn’t clear how he was infected, deepening a mystery as to how the virus is transmitted and how easily it spreads from one person to another. He didn’t visit any animal or seafood markets in Wuhan, which were suspected sites for transmission, said Chris Spitters, health officer for the Snohomish Health District. Nor did the man know anyone who was ill.

It is also unclear how easily the virus is spreading from one human to another, the CDC said Tuesday. Coronaviruses circulate primarily in animals such as bats and pigs, and Chinese authorities initially believed that patients had been infected during contact with animals at a market. But as more cases emerged in people who said they hadn’t visited the market, they revised their stance. Chinese authorities acknowledged on Monday that the virus is spreading among humans.

China’s Mysterious New Virus Spreads Beyond the Epicenter
Chinese health authorities have reported more than 300 cases of a pneumonia-like illness that has spread to South Korea, Japan and Thailand. While different from the deadly SARS, the coronavirus is sparking memories of the outbreak in the early 2000s. Photo: Getty Images
The CDC is working with authorities in China and other experts globally to learn more about the virus, and scientists are working on the development of treatments, Dr. Messonnier said. “There is new information hour by hour, day by day that we are tracking and following closely,” she said.

Experts believe the current coronavirus to be much less deadly than severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS, a different coronavirus strain that killed hundreds of people around the world in late 2002 and early 2003 after it first appeared in southern China.

Even so, China’s cabinet-level National Health Commission said Monday it would treat the new coronavirus as a Class A infectious disease, meaning it would be handled similarly to cholera, the plague and to how it handled the SARS outbreak

Wuhan will take more stringent measures to prevent transmission of the disease, including canceling what it considers unnecessary large gatherings, setting up a prevention and control center, and strengthening protection of medical staff, China’s state-run Xinhua News Agency said Tuesday.

Authorities at Wuhan’s international airport are monitoring outbound travelers in an effort to curb spread of the infection.

“We recommend outsiders not come to Wuhan and also that Wuhan residents not leave Wuhan without a special reason,” Zhou Xianwang, the city’s mayor, told CCTV on Tuesday.

North Korea, which borders northeastern China, has stopped allowing entry for tourists as a preventive measure, according to two China-based travel agencies that arrange tours to the country.

In Australia, the country’s chief medical officer, Brendan Murphy, told reporters that three direct flights each week between Wuhan and Sydney would be met by officials who would inquire about sick passengers.

Philippine health authorities, meanwhile, said they are testing which type of coronavirus a 5-year-old who traveled from Wuhan this month had contracted.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 27, 2020, 12:12:10 PM »
"The testing fiasco was the original sin of America’s pandemic failure, the single flaw that undermined every other countermeasure."

well I dunno

I don't like to jump on the chorus band wagon

what are they saying
a virus that might have spread
(remember the other ones that did not) should have within weeks triggered production of millions of test kits available everywhere for immediate
use that may never have been needed in the first place

at every outbreak of anything everywhere will now  subject us to all sorts of God knows. what.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 27, 2020, 12:15:18 PM »
another end game scenario

the "novel" corona disappears from the face of the Earth like the 1918 flu pandemic virus to never be heard from again or mutates back to a regular cold virus.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
unlike the convicts
« Reply #398 on: March 27, 2020, 12:19:52 PM »
these guys and gals cannot be released from their stations. and sent home :

(maybe some can)

https://www.thedailybeast.com/coronavirus-outbreak-on-aircraft-carrier-sends-troops-scrambling

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 27, 2020, 01:01:59 PM »
I need citations of doctors and serious folks endorsing the off label use of the malaria drug, and of the current study being done in real time in NYC.