Author Topic: Sen. Tim Scott  (Read 535 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Sen. Tim Scott
« on: May 22, 2023, 09:27:39 AM »
Just watched his announcement of his candidacy for the Rep. nomination for President.

I must say I was quite impressed.  GREAT MESSAGES ACROSS THE BOARD!

The way he offers himself and what he stands for could very well offer some real challenges to Trump, to DeSantis, and especially to Biden.  VERY strong response to the racial Marxist, the Progs, the Woken Dead, and others of that ilk.

I am very curious to see what the reaction will be.

======================================
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/tim-scott-enters-the-2024-presidential-race-im-the-candidate-the-left-fears-most/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=breaking&utm_campaign=newstrack&utm_term=31558807

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Sen. Tim Scott
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 09:30:41 AM »
 :roll:

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 09:38:23 AM »
If you read what I said precisely, you will note that I am not advocating him for President.  Frankly I don't see him as having the executive chops for example.  My observations were all about how he crafts his message.  Hopefully others will take note and replicate it. 

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Tim Scott ; my opinion
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 09:47:40 AM »
My list
those totally crossed have no hope from me of voting for them (unless all others drop dead)

those with partial cross outs are at bottom of my list but have not completely wiped out my attention

there are two with no cross outs

Asa Hutchinson

Nikki Haley

Chris Christie

John Sununu

Mike Pence

Tim Scott. - I would like to give him chance at least
     Yes the fact he is Black would be huge plus for our side !
     Would it not be great if he could unite at least some of us ?

Trump

DeSantis

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
NRO: Welcome Sen. Tim Scott
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 08:06:25 PM »
Welcome Tim Scott
By THE EDITORS
May 22, 2023 4:54 PM
Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina is running for president. We welcome his entry into the field and look forward to hearing more from him as this primary season progresses.

Scott is an admirable figure with a proper understanding of what America represents. His aim in running for president, he said this morning, is to counter the “lie that our country is evil,” to declare that “America is not a racist country,” and to celebrate the “goodness of our nation.” There are, Scott argued, two paths ahead: One can be “bitter,” or one can be “better,” but one cannot be both. These are not mere abstractions. Scott was raised poor by a single mother. His grandfather was an uneducated cotton-picker who grew up under Jim Crow. As a teenager, he almost failed out of high school. “Today,” Scott contended, “I am living proof that America is the land of opportunity, not a land of oppression.” Indeed so.

Scott has a great deal to recommend him. He is popular with his colleagues in the Senate. He presents conservatism well, in a manner that is likely to attract converts. He has a friendly, honest, and open affect, which helps him discuss the thorniest issues in America in an unusually constructive way. In a word: He is an optimist. Historically, Republicans have done well when they have run optimists. All things being equal, the party has tended to do better when led by those who embodied the upward mobility from humble beginnings that the party preaches.

As both a member of the House and as a senator, Scott has exhibited a solid conservatism. He has backed tax cuts, supported American energy independence, made efforts to secure the border, and introduced legislation to tie welfare more closely to work. He is pro-life, supportive of the Second Amendment, and a champion of conscience rights. He is in favor of school choice and critical of national education policies. His record on judges is excellent.

Nevertheless, Scott’s candidacy remains a long shot. He has no public executive experience, he is untested on the national stage, and he has not yet had to formulate comprehensive positions in areas that are important to the presidency, such as trade, foreign policy, and the daily oversight of federal agencies. This is already a crowded field, with Donald Trump the strong front-runner, with Ron DeSantis in second, and with many others — including Nikki Haley, who hails from the same state as Scott — making up the rest of the field. And it is yet to be seen whether Scott’s Reaganesque optimism is what the Republican primary electorate will be seeking. Since the fall of 2015, anger and near despair have determined the party’s course more than optimism and hope.

For many voters, anger is a proxy for the courage to fight for one’s convictions. Scott will have to run as himself, but in order to persuade primary voters, he will need to convince them — as Reagan once did — that he has the steel to fight for their concerns with a smile.

Still, in politics as in life, things continue as they are until, suddenly, they stop. It is May 2023, a year and a half before the next presidential election, and, at this point, anything can happen. There are good reasons for the Republican Party to wish to limit the size of its field by discouraging vanity candidates from running, but those reasons do not apply to Tim Scott, a serious man who should be given a serious chance to make his case.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Sen. Tim Scott Lawrence jones 6/3/21
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2023, 08:49:11 AM »
Tim Scott was good on Lawrence Jones last night

both discussed how he is target of racist attacks etc.

you're not black enough etc .

Forward to ~ 15 minute mark : (sorry for 2 15 second ads)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tbeKV-XmGA

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2023, 04:46:23 PM »
There is a lot that Trump could learn from him but won't.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
smokin"
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2023, 10:58:38 AM »
could be the first and best looking "first" girlfriend (sorry - partner  :-P)

in the WH

https://nypost.com/2023/11/09/news/tim-scott-finally-reveals-mystery-girlfriend-mindy-noce/

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: smokin"
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2023, 01:51:38 PM »
could be the first and best looking "first" girlfriend (sorry - partner  :-P)

in the WH

https://nypost.com/2023/11/09/news/tim-scott-finally-reveals-mystery-girlfriend-mindy-noce/

That reminds me, make sure the spouses are conservative.