Author Topic: Laredo? (no idea where to fit his)  (Read 2818 times)

Rarick

Laredo? (no idea where to fit his)
« on: July 24, 2010, 04:40:28 PM »
There is a huge furball going on twitter, and facebook about Laredo Texas, and a border incursion by a drug cartel..   Anyone know someone in the area? what is going on?  I shy from posting links, as all the sources I find are suspect, but Fox has reported on it.  Their website is apparently having traffic problems.  There is a poster saying he has called the departments down there, but some are claiming media blackout, which means the sheriff and police will stonewall.........

I don't even like posting this, but I figured there may be someone who knows someone to ask independent of the "system".

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Laredo? (no idea where to fit his)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 05:24:38 PM »
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/jul/24/gunbattles-paralyze-mexican-city-across-from-texas/

The Nuevo Laredo city government posted messages on Facebook warning citizens to stay indoors as the battles erupted at several intersections in the city across from Laredo, Texas.

Frightened people on the U.S. side of the border called emergency dispatchers after hearing the gunfire, Laredo police spokesman Joe Baeza said Thursday. But he said there was no spillover violence.

"We were getting reports from people who live on the river's edge that they could hear gunfire and explosions from the Mexico side," Baeza said.

"We didn't have any incidents on the American side. It's hard for people to understand who don't live here," he added. "They're not Vikings, they're not going to invade us, it doesn't work that way."

**Yes, we know how sacred the US border is.....  :roll:

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Laredo? (no idea where to fit his)
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 08:52:47 AM »
If there is any more on this subject please post it on the Homeland Security thread.