Author Topic: Carly Fiorina  (Read 21037 times)

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
The New Yorker on Carly Fiorina's business record
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2015, 12:55:34 PM »
This New Yorker article goes into Snarly's business acumen. It provides new details about what is known now.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/10/05/the-heart-of-the-deal

Disturbing for me:

She was the C.E.O. of Hewlett-Packard, and she believed that, in an effort to undermine her, members of the board were leaking confidential information about the company to the press. She had instructed lawyers to question all the members, so that they could “come clean.” Now, on a conference call, they still denied the leaking.

So she wants lawyers to question the Board members?

As she writes in “Rising to the Challenge,” her latest memoir, “Fearing for their positions, they behaved in an unprincipled fashion and ousted me from mine.”

The Board fears for their position after she screwed thing up?

Some of the deals she closed were, in fact, unbelievable. In 1999, Lucent said that a little-known firm called PathNet would buy as much as two billion dollars’ worth of its equipment. As Fortune noted later, PathNet’s annual revenues were only $1.6 million; Lucent would loan it money for the sale, which was unlikely to be repaid. But by the time such dubious accounting became public, leading to a collapse of Lucent’s stock,

Wow......this is just unreal.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 01:05:44 PM by Crafty_Dog »
PPulatie

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Carly Fiorina
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2015, 01:11:51 PM »
Interesting.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2015, 03:55:44 PM »
 :lol: :cry: :cry:

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2015, 06:48:13 PM »
I am really pissed at Carly's campaign now. Somehow, the campaign got access to a private number I have just for friends and family. It is not published anywhere and is on the do not call list.

For the past three days, I have been getting calls from her campaign wanting donations based upon her stand on Planned Parenthood and Abortions.  I don't give a damn about these issues. They are side shows only designed to distract from more important issues.

Next time I get the call, likely tomorrow, someone is going to catch a real earful of anger.
PPulatie

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2015, 10:19:18 AM »

Carly wants a No Fly Zone around Syrian Rebels that we support.  And people think that she has good foreign affairs knowledge? This will cause issues with Russian, likely causing a confrontation with them in the air at some point. What a neo-con..........

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/09/30/fiorina-us-should-secure-no-fly-zone-around-us-backed-anti-assad-rebels-be-prepared-to-use-force/
PPulatie

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2015, 11:25:25 AM »

Carly wants a No Fly Zone around Syrian Rebels that we support.  And people think that she has good foreign affairs knowledge? This will cause issues with Russian, likely causing a confrontation with them in the air at some point. What a neo-con..........

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/09/30/fiorina-us-should-secure-no-fly-zone-around-us-backed-anti-assad-rebels-be-prepared-to-use-force/

Putin will shoot down either a drone or manned US aircraft at some point just to show he can.

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2015, 12:41:02 PM »
PPulatie

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2015, 02:39:41 PM »
I was wondering.  Thanks for that Pat.

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2015, 07:54:07 AM »
Carly Fiorina on Meet the Press  - Refuses to release details on her tax plan or major policy issues.  Wonder who will call her out on this? Of course, she can snarl, "I am woman! I don't have to!"

"On Sunday, in a taped interview with Meet the Press, former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina began expanding the envelope in a different direction. Asked when she planned to release details of her plan to overhaul the tax code – something almost all of her competitors have done – she said that not only does she have no intention of doing so but also that she doesn’t see the need to provide specifics on major policy issues.

In response to host Chuck Todd’s question about whether she planned to release details of her tax plan, she said, “Well, let me disagree with the premise of your question. How often do politicians put out detailed plans? How often do they get enacted? Never. That's the problem. Politicians put out detailed plans for all kinds of things that never happen.”

She said voters are welcome to go to her website and submit individual questions, some of which she answers in video format."
PPulatie

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2015, 10:12:12 AM »
PP,  They don't normally require a separate tax plan from the VP candidate.    )

Related followup questions for answering in different threads, Trump's immigration/deportation plan...   And, what about Hillary Clinton's tax plan? In her case, we know that she wants to go to the left of Obama on everything to clear the field in the primaries, so at least tell us what the highest tax rate in a formerly free country can be.  No one is holding her to specifics.

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2015, 10:28:19 AM »
I am just pointing out the bias. Trump has come out with some specific plans, as have other candidates, yet no matter what he releases, more is desired. None have "refused" to provide specifics, especially on the tax code as Snarly.

Running for VP? Probably so............but who would take her on the ticket?
PPulatie

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2015, 10:41:17 AM »
a) She would be a GREAT pit bull for the Empress Dowager of Chappaqua. (EDC)

b) It is my understanding she has a serious track record of working with the CIA and DIA on cyberwar issues.   Not only will this inform her attacks on the EDC, but this is a cutting edge subject in and of itself.

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2015, 11:24:25 AM »
She does have that experience, and also has been involved in GOPe campaigns for McCain. She sure is a DC outsider.......
PPulatie

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2015, 01:10:18 PM »
My comments were offered in the context of her as Veep candidate.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Carly Fiorina - 3 page tax plan
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2015, 09:28:15 AM »
"Yes, such a thing really does exist."  Oddly she posted reference to the  3-page Hall-Rabushka tax code during the debate.  https://www.facebook.com/CarlyFiorina/posts/10156748964830206  It is not a good sign for her that in the week following almost no one has asked or talked about the plan.  But nothing this big (or small) gets by us here...   )

I can't get the form to come up but here is some coverage.

Breitbart:  http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/11/carly-fiorinas-three-page-tax-plan/

...there will be demands for Fiorina to discuss how her proposal differs from theirs, which means she’ll have to get behind something solid – whether it’s Hall-Rabushka as written, or a modified version. One advantage to using this existing plan is that it’s been around for decades, so Fiorina would be able to prepare herself to defend it by studying the criticisms that have been lodged against it.

The Hall-Rabushka model presented on Fiorina’s Facebook page is indeed three pages long. The version Fiorina posted is the 1995 revision, so the dollar figures are presumably in need of updating. The plan itself specifies that the personal allowances are meant to rise based on the Consumer Price Index each year. (This could very well lead to the public running out of patience with the government fudging the Consumer Price Index.)

For individuals, the plan totals up compensation, subtracts the personal allowance, and levies a 19 percent tax on whatever remains. The 1995 figure for personal allowance was $9,500 for single filers, $14,00 for single head of household, or $16,500 for married taxpayers filing jointly. An additional $4,500 is provided for each dependent.

Businesses also pay 19 percent under Hall-Rabushka, on its “business receipts less the cost of business inputs, less compensation paid to employees, and less the cost of capital equipment, structures, and land.” Businesses are allowed to carry forward losses, expressed as negative taxable income, to offset positive taxes in future years.

State and local government agencies, along with “Educational, religious, charitable, philanthropic, cultural, and community service organizations that do not return income to individual and corporate owners” are exempted from taxation.

In a noteworthy difference from some other flat tax proposals, the Hall-Rabushka plan does not eliminate paycheck withholding. One benefit touted by flat tax proponents is that tax returns would become extremely simple – “file your taxes on a postcard” is a common promise – but everyone would be required to file those taxes on a regular basis, instead of having the money quietly withheld from their paychecks.  It is thought this would focus the public mind upon taxes and government spending. However, the plan advanced on Fiorina’s Facebook page has employers calculating income above the employee’s standard allowance on each paycheck, and withholding 19 percent of taxable income.

... it seems likely Fiorina will also be asked how she would update it and contrast her ideas with those offered by the two senators. She’ll also want to hone her version of their argument that such a dramatic tax reduction and simplification would not “blow up the deficit,” in part because government spending would be reduced, and in part because of the enormous growth surge tax reform would bring to this over-burdened economy. ...
----------------------------
Also see:
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2015/11/10/this-is-what-carly-fiorinas-three-page-tax-code-looks-like-n2078926
http://www.scribd.com/doc/289292209/Flat-Tax-by-the-Hoover-Institution
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2015/11/10/this-is-what-carly-fiorinas-three-page-tax-code-looks-like-n2078926

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile