Author Topic: Racial Profiling  (Read 2787 times)

wmelton

• View Profile
Racial Profiling
« on: July 31, 2013, 09:03:25 AM »
http://www.upworthy.com/know-anyone-that-thinks-racial-profiling-is-exaggerated-watch-this-and-tell-me-when-your-jaw-drops-2

Hello group,

The nation entered into a brief discussion about race as a by-product of the  not guilty verdict the jury rendered in the George Zimmerman murder trial.

I believe that race is ubiquitously woven into American society; a thorough discussion about race is needed.  I contend that  any discussion about race in the immediate aftermath of an emotionally charged trial is the wrong time to explore the topic.  A more productive way would be to build up to specifics after engaging in a broad based dialogue.

That said, the above link accesses a video in which a social experiment takes place.  Please ignore the headline which slants perception.

Question:

How does one account of the disparity in treatment received by the various individuals attempting to compromise the bike lock and  thus take possession of the bike?

Thank you,

Walter

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Racial Profiling
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 12:56:06 PM »
Walter:

Welcome aboard!

Custom around here is to post in existing threads where possible ("thread coherency") thus I am pasting your post in the "Race, etc." thread and locking this one.

Marc