Author Topic: Pre-Modern Manliness, Initiation & the Emasculation of Men In Contempory Society  (Read 54564 times)

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Bring Back Manliness website:
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2014, 10:50:59 AM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Prager: Why feminization of America is bad for the world
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2015, 12:42:22 PM »
WHY FEMINIZATION OF AMERICA IS BAD FOR THE WORLD
Gender truths from the business world.
November 4, 2015

Dennis Prager

Last week the New York Times published an article, “Sweeping Away Gender-Specific Toys and Labels,” that contained three sentences that explain one of the most important phenomena in American life.

In discussing the increasing move to do away with gender-specific toys – something the New York Times approves of – the article quoted Tania Missad, the “director of global consumer insights” at one of the world’s largest toy manufacturers, Mattel:

“Mattel’s research showed some differences in what girls and boys wanted in their action figures, Ms. Missad said. ‘For boys it’s very much about telling a story of the good guy killing the villain. . . .’ [Girls] would tell us: ‘Why does the good girl have to kill the villain? Can’t they be friends in the end?’”

Very little academic research on sex differences is likely to be as accurate as research conducted by businesses and advertising agencies. The reason is simple: Businesses and advertising agencies have no social or political agenda; their agenda is profit. Their assessments must be accurate or they lose money; and those providing wrong assessments are fired. Academics, on the other hand, have nothing on the line. When they publish studies that purport to show that boys and girls want the same types of toys, they lose nothing for asserting something so patently false. In business there is a very big price paid for believing what is untrue. Among academics, there is no price – certainly not their reputations, because other academics want to believe the same nonsense.

The Mattel research reveals that male nature wants good guys to kill bad guys (of course, in bad societies the definition of “good guy” and “villain” may well be inverted, but that is a values issue, not a male-nature issue); and that female nature wants the good guy and bad guy to “be friends in the end.”

This difference may be the most important of all the sex differences. Indeed, it can actually shape the future of America and of the world.

Of course, there are women who want evil destroyed – the late Margaret Thatcher, for example. And there are men who oppose confronting evil – the men who lead the modern Democratic Party, for example. (One such man is the president of the United States, whose has a feminized view of those who do evil – talk to them, but don't confront them, label them, or fight them.)

But these exceptions happen in large numbers under two circumstances: when women get married and when men are feminized.

When women get married, they are often influenced by their husbands with regard to political and moral issues, just as married men are influenced by their wives on a whole host of micro issues. As a result, married women are more likely than single women to prefer to fight villains than to befriend them.
Unfortunately, more and more American women are single.

Meanwhile American boys are increasingly raised by single women and taught almost only by female teachers. In addition, they are often taught to be ashamed of their masculine natures and to reject traditional masculine virtues.
As a result of the above two trends, the amount spent on national defense will continue to decline (while the amount spent on welfare will continue to increase), and America will confront the world’s evils less and less.

The consequences will be disastrous for millions of people around the globe. When America retreats from killing bad guys, bad guys kill more innocent people. We are witnessing this right now as a consequence of America abandoning Iraq and retreating from the world generally. Islamic State took over more and more territory as America abandoned those territories. Ironically, therefore, as American foreign policy becomes feminized, more Middle East females are raped.

Whenever I see the liberal bumper sticker, “War Is not the Answer,” on a car, I look to see who is driving. In years of looking, I have seen one male driver.

Both women and men have flawed natures. They share human nature, which is deeply flawed, and the sexes have their own particular natures, which are also flawed. That is one reason men need women and women need men. Men need women to soften their intrinsic aggressive nature and to help them control their predatory sexuality; and women need men to, among other things, better understand that evil people and regimes must be fought, not nurtured.
Mattel’s research has told a truth that America and the world need to pay attention to.

The Left has done many destructive things to America. It is quite possible that none will prove to be more destructive than its attempt to obliterate gender-distinctions.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

DDF

Violence is golden
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2016, 01:22:29 PM »
http://www.jack-donovan.com/axis/2011/03/violence-is-golden/

The article is mostly accurate.

Some people have always intuitively known this. I'd add "The cop leaned over and said to the spindly kid, “do you have any doubt in your mind about whether or not I could break your arms and take that book away from you if I felt like it?” I have a doubt, because I'd kill someone (using weapons) that attempted to harm me. If the kid had pulled out a pistol and shot the officer, he would have answered the question of "or else what?" for himself. People don't like that, because it challenges the place they have obtained for themselves within society, but it is true.

To me, everyone should be their own protector, stupid and a holes should be allowed to die off through their own demise.

Good article.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 11:10:25 AM by Crafty_Dog »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-Modern Manliness & the Emasculation of Men In Contempory Society
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2016, 07:21:04 PM »
http://www.jack-donovan.com/axis/2011/03/violence-is-golden/

The article is mostly accurate.

Some people have always intuitively known this. I'd add "The cop leaned over and said to the spindly kid, “do you have any doubt in your mind about whether or not I could break your arms and take that book away from you if I felt like it?” I have a doubt, because I'd kill someone (using weapons) that attempted to harm me. If the kid had pulled out a pistol and shot the officer, he would have answered the question of "or else what?" for himself. People don't like that, because it challenges the place they have obtained for themselves within society, but it is true.

To me, everyone should be their own protector, stupid and a holes should be allowed to die off through their own demise.

Good article.

The rule of law is a valuable creation. This invention is one we will miss terribly. It allows for advanced, high trust societies. Without it, you end up with China, or Mexico or Afghanistan. There is never a power vacuum. If you don't have a government that works under the rule of law, you will end up with your local version of Tony Soprano calling the shots.

What the article says about violence is quite true.

DDF

« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2016, 08:15:05 PM »
"If you don't have a government that works under the rule of law, you will end up with your local version of Tony Soprano calling the shots."

We already do have that.

Clinton and their backers.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2016, 08:21:01 PM »
"If you don't have a government that works under the rule of law, you will end up with your local version of Tony Soprano calling the shots."

We already do have that.

Clinton and their backers.

I agree. The dems have become an ongoing criminal enterprise. They have killed the rule of law in this country. Sadly, most citizens don't even grasp what the rule of law means.

They are about to learn how societies can crumble into chaos and brutality at a shockingly rapid pace.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 11:23:17 AM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DDF

I figured out what the problem is....

I grew up with grandmothers that spoke German (both of them - one of them from East Germany).... they BOTH had these in their kitchens. They both had big arms that they could crush a man's skull with, and made spätzle like nobody's business. The problem I think, is that women know longer use these or even know what they are, and it is transferred to the children.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

R.K

• View Profile
Re: Prager: Why feminization of America is bad for the world
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2017, 12:42:46 AM »
WHY FEMINIZATION OF AMERICA IS BAD FOR THE WORLD
Gender truths from the business world.
November 4, 2015

Dennis Prager

Last week the New York Times published an article, “Sweeping Away Gender-Specific Toys and Labels,” that contained three sentences that explain one of the most important phenomena in American life.

In discussing the increasing move to do away with gender-specific toys – something the New York Times approves of – the article quoted Tania Missad, the “director of global consumer insights” at one of the world’s largest toy manufacturers, Mattel:

“Mattel’s research showed some differences in what girls and boys wanted in their action figures, Ms. Missad said. ‘For boys it’s very much about telling a story of the good guy killing the villain. . . .’ [Girls] would tell us: ‘Why does the good girl have to kill the villain? Can’t they be friends in the end?’”

Very little academic research on sex differences is likely to be as accurate as research conducted by businesses and advertising agencies. The reason is simple: Businesses and advertising agencies have no social or political agenda; their agenda is profit. Their assessments must be accurate or they lose money; and those providing wrong assessments are fired. Academics, on the other hand, have nothing on the line. When they publish studies that purport to show that boys and girls want the same types of toys, they lose nothing for asserting something so patently false. In business there is a very big price paid for believing what is untrue. Among academics, there is no price – certainly not their reputations, because other academics want to believe the same nonsense.

The Mattel research reveals that male nature wants good guys to kill bad guys (of course, in bad societies the definition of “good guy” and “villain” may well be inverted, but that is a values issue, not a male-nature issue); and that female nature wants the good guy and bad guy to “be friends in the end.”

This difference may be the most important of all the sex differences. Indeed, it can actually shape the future of America and of the world.

Of course, there are women who want evil destroyed – the late Margaret Thatcher, for example. And there are men who oppose confronting evil – the men who lead the modern Democratic Party, for example. (One such man is the president of the United States, whose has a feminized view of those who do evil – talk to them, but don't confront them, label them, or fight them.)

But these exceptions happen in large numbers under two circumstances: when women get married and when men are feminized.

When women get married, they are often influenced by their husbands with regard to political and moral issues, just as married men are influenced by their wives on a whole host of micro issues. As a result, married women are more likely than single women to prefer to fight villains than to befriend them.
Unfortunately, more and more American women are single.

Meanwhile American boys are increasingly raised by single women and taught almost only by female teachers. In addition, they are often taught to be ashamed of their masculine natures and to reject traditional masculine virtues.
As a result of the above two trends, the amount spent on national defense will continue to decline (while the amount spent on welfare will continue to increase), and America will confront the world’s evils less and less.

The consequences will be disastrous for millions of people around the globe. When America retreats from killing bad guys, bad guys kill more innocent people. We are witnessing this right now as a consequence of America abandoning Iraq and retreating from the world generally. Islamic State took over more and more territory as America abandoned those territories. Ironically, therefore, as American foreign policy becomes feminized, more Middle East females are raped.

Whenever I see the liberal bumper sticker, “War Is not the Answer,” on a car, I look to see who is driving. In years of looking, I have seen one male driver.

Both women and men have flawed natures. They share human nature, which is deeply flawed, and the sexes have their own particular natures, which are also flawed. That is one reason men need women and women need men. Men need women to soften their intrinsic aggressive nature and to help them control their predatory sexuality; and women need men to, among other things, better understand that evil people and regimes must be fought, not nurtured.
Mattel’s research has told a truth that America and the world need to pay attention to.

The Left has done many destructive things to America. It is quite possible that none will prove to be more destructive than its attempt to obliterate gender-distinctions.

Y'know this actually raises some very interesting point about how the changes in American culture affect the rest of the world. With the dominance of hollywood globally in cinema and tv entertainment, American culture tends to be adopted and absorbed by people all over, can't help but wonder what kind of ripple effect the changes in America will have on the rest of the world, particularly other English speaking countries.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 12:45:25 AM by R.K »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Thoughts on the Vegas shooting
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2017, 11:30:18 AM »
I could do without some of the comments on guns, but the rest has some merit

https://byrslf.co/thoughts-on-the-vegas-shooting-14af397cee2c

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile