Author Topic: The Hillbillary Clintons long, sordid, and often criminal history  (Read 584311 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The Hillbillary Clintons long, sordid, and often criminal history
« Reply #1350 on: September 11, 2016, 04:18:47 PM »
Or Biden-Warren?

BTW, a different camera angle here, one that makes it even clearer what bad shape she is in:  https://patriotpost.us/posts/44771

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: September 11, 2016, 04:23:12 PM »
If she dies, does Keane take the top slot , , , leaving room for Bill or Baraq in the SP slot?

You mean VP? No, they cannot be VP as the VP must be eligible to be president.

DDF

« Reply #1352 on: September 11, 2016, 04:52:10 PM »
If my dog was in her shape, he'd be making his last trip to the vet. No pickles here.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
9/11/16
« Reply #1353 on: September 11, 2016, 04:59:34 PM »

DDF

« Reply #1355 on: September 11, 2016, 05:03:32 PM »
Love your humor GM..... laughing heartily here.

By the way.... in one of the videos I was studying, they say that a metallic object was dropped by Clinton today. I saw it drop, but have no idea what it was. Do you?

[youtube]YzZl9j580tM[/youtube]
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 05:11:17 PM by DDF »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: September 11, 2016, 05:10:47 PM »
Love your humor GM..... laughing heartily here.

By the way.... in one of the videos I was studying, they say that a metallic object was dropped by Clinton today. I saw it drop, but have no idea what it was. Do you?

[youtube]YzZl9j580tM[/youtube]

I am guessing a stainless steel type pen, like what zebra makes. Or a component from the exoskeleton came loose...

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: September 11, 2016, 07:49:17 PM »
But Bill would not be 3 consecutive terms, , , what is the law on that?

================================================

So lets see what do we know:
History of Concussions
history of venous thrombosis
Warfarin anticoag on board
Fresnell lenses
Various tics and odd behaviour
Coughing episodes

-----------------------------------

All of this supports neurological damage to the brain which affects nerve supply to the pharyngeal nerves. She has difficulty regulating the temp, so perhaps hypothalamic injury ?. I am convinced this is not benign, not the common fainting spell which most of us have from time-time...Yash

==========================

Our Pat; picture of nurse checking Hillary's pulse as she walks

https://www.hotgas.net/2016/09/faintinghillary-dragged-van/

======================

Does anyone think Hillary may have CLL? Or a myeloproliferative or myelodysplastic syndrome?

=========================

Before everyone goes nuclear, CLL is a myeloproliferative disorder but she may have one of the others or myelodysplastic syndrome. That would explain her constellation of symptoms and slow progression. Certainly none of them have a pretty outcome. They are debilitating though.

======================

Pneumonia is a finding in many disease processes and a is a diagnosis in and of itself sometimes but in her case it is probably a finding that is part of the bigger picture that fills her more definitive diagnosis.  Coagulopathy, immune deficiency, thrombosis, and generalized lethargy sounds more like a systemic disease. My bet is myelopathic. Could be a lymphocytic SLL but more likely myeloid.
Hope I'm wrong.  

===============================
 PowerLine blog:

A prominent internist writes with admittedly speculative comments on the diagnosis of pneumonia made public today regarding Hillary Clinton. He writes:
During my 19 years as a board certified internist I have taken care of many hundreds of patients with pneumonia. The story about Hillary Clinton being diagnosed with pneumonia raises a red flag as to the cause. It could simply have been a community acquired pneumonia, which means she contracted it as a healthy person living her usual life. This happens occasionally, even to healthy people. If this is the case the timing certainly is unfortunate for her given where we are in the election cycle though it doesn’t portend anything ominous.

Another more worrisome possibility comes to mind. I raise this second possibility because of Hillary’s history of neurological illnesses (blood clot in brain, concussion), hints raised on the internet in Wikileaks documents and by others that she may have a neurological disease like Parkinson’s, and her by now well documented history of recurrent coughing fits. This second possibility is that she has an aspiration pneumonia.

Aspiration pneumonia occurs when fluids and food particles that normally enter the esophagus instead enter the windpipe and lungs. It is commonly seen in neurological conditions like strokes and Parkinson’s disease or similar diseases where the nerves to the swallowing mechanism are not working properly. This is especially worrisome because it is likely to recur given the underlying, usually incurable disease process and because it can be a life-threatening event.
I consider aspiration pneumonia to be the more likely cause because it unifies all the pieces of disparate information that are available on Hillary’s medical condition. A diagnosis of aspiration pneumonia raises profoundly troubling implications for her possible election as president.

Someone should demand full and immediate disclosure of her medical records. She should also be the subject of a swallow study to confirm that she can swallow normally (if one hasn’t been done already). Every voter should know what’s at stake.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 07:56:54 PM by Crafty_Dog »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
22nd Amd.
« Reply #1358 on: September 11, 2016, 07:55:15 PM »
https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/amendmentxxii

Bill and Buraq cannot hold the position.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: September 11, 2016, 07:57:30 PM »
Thank you GM.  Let's continue this discussion on the 2016 Election thread please.

DDF

« Reply #1360 on: September 12, 2016, 06:12:03 AM »

===============================
 PowerLine blog:

A prominent internist writes with admittedly speculative comments on the diagnosis of pneumonia made public today regarding Hillary Clinton. He writes:
During my 19 years as a board certified internist I have taken care of many hundreds of patients with pneumonia. The story about Hillary Clinton being diagnosed with pneumonia raises a red flag as to the cause. It could simply have been a community acquired pneumonia, which means she contracted it as a healthy person living her usual life. This happens occasionally, even to healthy people. If this is the case the timing certainly is unfortunate for her given where we are in the election cycle though it doesn’t portend anything ominous.

Another more worrisome possibility comes to mind. I raise this second possibility because of Hillary’s history of neurological illnesses (blood clot in brain, concussion), hints raised on the internet in Wikileaks documents and by others that she may have a neurological disease like Parkinson’s, and her by now well documented history of recurrent coughing fits. This second possibility is that she has an aspiration pneumonia.

Aspiration pneumonia occurs when fluids and food particles that normally enter the esophagus instead enter the windpipe and lungs. It is commonly seen in neurological conditions like strokes and Parkinson’s disease or similar diseases where the nerves to the swallowing mechanism are not working properly. This is especially worrisome because it is likely to recur given the underlying, usually incurable disease process and because it can be a life-threatening event.
I consider aspiration pneumonia to be the more likely cause because it unifies all the pieces of disparate information that are available on Hillary’s medical condition. A diagnosis of aspiration pneumonia raises profoundly troubling implications for her possible election as president.

Someone should demand full and immediate disclosure of her medical records. She should also be the subject of a swallow study to confirm that she can swallow normally (if one hasn’t been done already). Every voter should know what’s at stake.

I threw this up on Politico's Facebook page this morning.

The Empress' minions didn't like this at all. I was attacked IMMEDIATELY.

They evidently are all doctors now. Silly me. I should have known.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: September 12, 2016, 07:05:51 AM »
"I am guessing a stainless steel type pen, like what zebra makes. Or a component from the exoskeleton came loose..."

? Something come off her foley bag?  that she wears taped to her leg so she doesn't have to go to BR during a long ceremony?

DDF

« Reply #1362 on: September 12, 2016, 07:09:08 AM »
"I am guessing a stainless steel type pen, like what zebra makes. Or a component from the exoskeleton came loose..."

? Something come off her foley bag?  that she wears taped to her leg so she doesn't have to go to BR during a long ceremony?

To me, the sound of it resembled the thin metal jacket of a pen, or even glass.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
my two cents
« Reply #1363 on: September 12, 2016, 03:50:46 PM »
The term "walking pneumonia " is more of a lay man's term then a medical one.

It simply describes a  mild pneumonia.  One in which the patient does not need to be in hospital.  Some reasons to be in hospital is need for respiratory support such as ventilator , supplemental oxygen, intravenous fluids or other co existing conditions that need to be controlled or corrected.  I do have to say that it would be typical for someone her age , over 65 to be observed in the hospital for a day or so for the most part.

Though naturally she can afford to get support at home including IV fluids, antibiotics, or say oxygen if she needs any of that.  

The pneumonia could be mild enough for her to improve in a week or two or it take someone at her age  4 to 6 weeks to fully get all her strength back.  Antibiotics also effect the blood levels of warfarin which she takes to prevent more blood clots so that is often monitored closely when on an antibiotic.  Home monitoring machines can be acquired for that.

I would not say this means she is not fit to run in and of itself.   It sounds like she will recover and could never have another problem for 20 years (though hopefully from jail and not the WH).
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 04:54:59 PM by ccp »

DDF

Hillary Out to Dinner_
« Reply #1364 on: September 12, 2016, 08:56:06 PM »
After Hillary had her health issue rear it's ugly head Saturday morning, some liberal news agencies (albiet not large ones), are reporting that she felt good enough to attend a fundraising dinner at the home of Marie McInnis Boies and David Boies, two attorneys in Armonk, New York (a 43 minute jaunt, one way).

"Despite the pneumonia diagnosis, Clinton attended a $100,000-per-ticket fundraiser at the home of prominent attorneys Mary and David Boies in Armonk, New York on Saturday night." http://inewstoday.net/2016/09/clinton-leaves-daughters-home-feeling-great/

I'll admit, that the former site is not one that I would trust at all, but even VICE NEWS, a left leaning news organization that does have somewhat of a following, proclaimed the same - "Despite the pneumonia diagnosis, Clinton attended a $100,000-per-ticket fundraiser at the home of prominent attorneys Mary and David Boies in Armonk, New York on Saturday night." They then go on to rail in defense of Hillary's health. https://news.vice.com/article/hillary-clintons-health-is-a-campaign-issue-again-after-she-nearly-passed-out-in-public

If it sounds like I am attacking Hillary, I am. She has a $100,000 per ticket fundraiser, and although no major news agency has reported anything on it, it bears mentioning, that Vice News does have a sizable internet audience, with a total of almost 8 million viewers between both of their Facebook pages, not to mention their website.

It leaves one to wonder, where is the evidence? Not a single photo, no major coverage of it, and a sighting of Hillary these days is almost as rare as the Loch Ness monster showing itself.

Could it be more Soros money in action, doing damage control? Perhaps. The Left has already been caught doing just that and much worse this election season. One simply doesn't report something as a reputable news agency to 8 million people, without some sort of evidence, unless they're purposely attempting to sway the thoughts of others for gain.

Extra Credit: Where is Bill?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 09:08:46 PM by DDF »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Hillary Out to Dinner_
« Reply #1365 on: September 12, 2016, 11:28:49 PM »

A picture from the fundraiser. Happy now?

After Hillary had her health issue rear it's ugly head Saturday morning, some liberal news agencies (albiet not large ones), are reporting that she felt good enough to attend a fundraising dinner at the home of Marie McInnis Boies and David Boies, two attorneys in Armonk, New York (a 43 minute jaunt, one way).

"Despite the pneumonia diagnosis, Clinton attended a $100,000-per-ticket fundraiser at the home of prominent attorneys Mary and David Boies in Armonk, New York on Saturday night." http://inewstoday.net/2016/09/clinton-leaves-daughters-home-feeling-great/

I'll admit, that the former site is not one that I would trust at all, but even VICE NEWS, a left leaning news organization that does have somewhat of a following, proclaimed the same - "Despite the pneumonia diagnosis, Clinton attended a $100,000-per-ticket fundraiser at the home of prominent attorneys Mary and David Boies in Armonk, New York on Saturday night." They then go on to rail in defense of Hillary's health. https://news.vice.com/article/hillary-clintons-health-is-a-campaign-issue-again-after-she-nearly-passed-out-in-public

If it sounds like I am attacking Hillary, I am. She has a $100,000 per ticket fundraiser, and although no major news agency has reported anything on it, it bears mentioning, that Vice News does have a sizable internet audience, with a total of almost 8 million viewers between both of their Facebook pages, not to mention their website.

It leaves one to wonder, where is the evidence? Not a single photo, no major coverage of it, and a sighting of Hillary these days is almost as rare as the Loch Ness monster showing itself.

Could it be more Soros money in action, doing damage control? Perhaps. The Left has already been caught doing just that and much worse this election season. One simply doesn't report something as a reputable news agency to 8 million people, without some sort of evidence, unless they're purposely attempting to sway the thoughts of others for gain.

Extra Credit: Where is Bill?

DDF

Re: Hillary Out to Dinner_
« Reply #1366 on: September 13, 2016, 09:31:42 AM »

I'll take what I can get. There are currently rumors of Clinton having a body double.

I know that most rumors are false. Still, I've had mantra that has always served me well, "at the heart of every rumor, is at a minimum, a seed of truth."

Personally, I can't even bring myself to wish her health, which for me, is a rarity. It really is. I view her as an absolute enemy to freedom.

DDF

Clinton Email Server
« Reply #1367 on: September 13, 2016, 02:06:55 PM »
What's 30,000 deleted emails, when you gave someone access to every single email you ever sent, who had no security clearance?

"Justin Cooper, who helped set up Hillary Clinton’s private home email system, testified Tuesday before the House Oversight Committee and admitted that he had no national security clearance during the time he had access to all of Hillary Clinton’s emails while she was Secretary of State."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/13/hillary-clinton-aid-set-private-email-server-no-security-clearance/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

This goes so much deeper than meets the eye. There is a reason she is being protected. She would take so many others with her including Obama.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Clinton Email Server
« Reply #1368 on: September 13, 2016, 03:32:46 PM »
What's 30,000 deleted emails, when you gave someone access to every single email you ever sent, who had no security clearance?

"Justin Cooper, who helped set up Hillary Clinton’s private home email system, testified Tuesday before the House Oversight Committee and admitted that he had no national security clearance during the time he had access to all of Hillary Clinton’s emails while she was Secretary of State."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/13/hillary-clinton-aid-set-private-email-server-no-security-clearance/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

This goes so much deeper than meets the eye. There is a reason she is being protected. She would take so many others with her including Obama.

Yes. He had to know. Think anything he emailed to her got bleachbitted?

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: September 13, 2016, 06:27:06 PM »
"Yes. He had to know."  Of course .  The fix was all cleared by him.  From the top.

He gave it away when in an interview ? was it Chris Wallace when he said she didn't do anything "intentional".

Then is the leak from the WPOST (I think) that she had "no malicious intent".   The decision to fix was probably from the start.   Tread carefully and assess for the best "way out"
And that was the best available game to play.  When she was caught with black and white evidence of breaking the law then simply the next best thing is to bastardize the interpretation of the law just enough so it seems not to apply.

One way to summarize it is this:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/439982/hillary-clinton-e-mail-scandal-fbi-fix-was

Only difference I don't think he names Obama as the fixer.   Which he was.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: September 13, 2016, 07:27:11 PM »
"This goes so much deeper than meets the eye. There is a reason she is being protected. She would take so many others with her including Obama."

THIS.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
more two cents
« Reply #1372 on: September 13, 2016, 10:50:31 PM »
"Noel points out that if Hillary actually was suffering from such a severe case of pneumonia that it forced her to literally collapse on a sidewalk, it's extremely unlikely that she could make a seemingly full recovery after only 90 minutes at Chelsea's apartment and feel well enough to great onlookers and snap a selfie with a child. "

I don't agree with this.  Her pneumonia , if true is not a "serious case".  If it were a serious case she would be fighting for her life in a hospital ICU or telemetry unit.  It is perfectly possible it was a  mild case and she just got very run down at the 911 Memorial and developed the urge to lie down from exhaustion and finally  fainted  just as she was getting near the van .   People who faint can easily recover in minutes let alone 90 minutes.  

For all we know she got some IV fluids at home or a bowl of Chelsea's chicken soup with all it's sodium and rehydrated and felt better enough to do just what he says. she did.  I would agree it was risky for her to go to Chelsea's and not an ER to be monitored and evaluated with a heart monitor and maybe blood work and an ECG.   My guess is she has had fainting spells before and therefore felt it was just another one.    

I am not saying Parkinson's is not possible but it is a stretch in my view.  How many 69 year old ladies does anyone know who can campaign like Presidential candidates for a year and a half and not get tired or run down at least some times?  Why do we need to guess that she , like Hitler , is hiding a diagnosis of Parkinson's?

That said her falling is still concerning because she is on a blood thinner.  Should she tap her head on a curbside one day her skull could fill with blood.   Falls are a big risk factor to consider when medicating a person with warfarin and indeed, if it could be avoided, it should be .  It depends if the risk of not treating and thinning the blood (in her case blood clots) is greater then the risk of a fall and life threatening bleeding from the fall.

In her case her doctors determined that with 3 (reported) blood clot episodes the risk of not treating with warfarin is greater then the risk of dying from a fall.  
All that said she might benefit from a walking cane.  
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 10:54:21 PM by ccp »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Because she is a woman. Just no fair
« Reply #1373 on: September 14, 2016, 01:42:25 PM »
From Newsweek of course.

Only  a  LEFIST with a phD in psychobabble could come up with crap about Hillary:

http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton-pneumonia-donald-trump-vulnerable-health-frail-strong-leader-497762

DDF

Re: Blue Sunglasses
« Reply #1374 on: September 14, 2016, 11:31:09 PM »
Abstract
The suppressive effect of sunglasses upon photoparoxysmal responses (PPRs) elicited by 15-Hz flicker stimuli with a low luminance of nearly 10 nits was studied in eight patients with photosensitive epilepsy. Using three commercially available sunglasses of neutral density (ND), blue, and brown, the influence upon generalized PPRs elicited by a flickering dot pattern (FDP) and red flicker (RF) stimuli was separately examined in six patients; the luminance of the visual stimuli decreased from roughly one-fifth (ND and brown sunglasses) to one-tenth (blue sunglasses). With FDP stimulation, four of the six patients wearing each of the three sunglasses had no provocation of PPRs, whereas two of the six patients had provocation of generalized PPRs with all of the sunglasses. With RF stimulation, two of the six patients wearing ND sunglasses had provocation of generalized PPRs; three of the six patients wearing brown sunglasses had similar provocation; in contrast, none of the six patients showed provocation of PPRs while wearing blue sunglasses. These results suggest that the suppressive effect of the three sunglasses on FDP stimulation is mainly due to a luminance diminution, whereas that of blue sunglasses on RF stimulation is produced by an inhibitory effect of short wavelengths and possibly by a luminance diminution. Thus, blue sunglasses are thought to be useful in the treatment of patients with photosensitive epilepsy.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1592030

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Hillbillary Clinton, aging, lying, hiding, and totally untrustworthy
« Reply #1375 on: September 15, 2016, 07:00:33 AM »
What difference at this point does it make??

In the recluse of the White House we would not even know when she is no longer able to serve.

We still don't know if she was sober, awake or conscious during the Benghazi crisis.

She disappears 15 days at a time and goes 300 days without a press conference.

It would take a court order and a constitutional crisis to even go in and find out if she was still president.

DDF

« Reply #1376 on: September 15, 2016, 08:29:35 AM »
"This goes so much deeper than meets the eye. There is a reason she is being protected. She would take so many others with her including Obama."

THIS.

Guru Crafty, tail wags, but that wasn't mine. I stole it from the comments section because it seemed exactly so.

In the recluse of the White House we would not even know when she is no longer able to serve.

We still don't know if she was sober, awake or conscious during the Benghazi crisis.

It would take a court order and a constitutional crisis to even go in and find out if she was still president.

You're right of course. I know what my answer is, but the founding fathers are viewed as terrorists by the federal government.

I have to add, I think Hillary should have chosen Michael J. Fox for her campaign manager. Snarky I know, but imagine the public buy in that would have generated.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: September 15, 2016, 08:38:17 AM »
This is the problem, that "government of the people, by the people, for the people" has perished. Killed by public ignorance and apathy and the deep state.

THIS.

Guru Crafty, tail wags, but that wasn't mine. I stole it from the comments section because it seemed exactly so.

You're right of course. I know what my answer is, but the founding fathers are viewed as terrorists by the federal government.

I have to add, I think Hillary should have chosen Michael J. Fox for her campaign manager. Snarky I know, but imagine the public buy in that would have generated.

DDF

« Reply #1378 on: September 15, 2016, 09:10:07 AM »
That tends to happen when Obamaphones and mealtickets are only a few forms away.

I wonder what (if any) welfare programs were available in 1774? It's a valid question. You take away someone's security, their cushoned existence, and watch them start caring. At that point, revolutionary violence wouldn't even be necessary. people would start to care.

We all know where welfare and votes purchased from it leads. How to end it (or at a minimum curtail it to a point where it doesn't become a way of life), in the interest of everyone's well-being.

This is the problem, that "government of the people, by the people, for the people" has perished. Killed by public ignorance and apathy and the deep state.

THIS.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: September 15, 2016, 10:08:18 AM »
The Pilgrims tried socialism when they first got here. Funny enough, it collapsed and they almost starved to death (Hola Venezuela!). Immigrants came here and only got private charity, if anything. America represented opportunity, not a promise of three hots and a cot.

That tends to happen when Obamaphones and mealtickets are only a few forms away.

I wonder what (if any) welfare programs were available in 1774? It's a valid question. You take away someone's security, their cushoned existence, and watch them start caring. At that point, revolutionary violence wouldn't even be necessary. people would start to care.

We all know where welfare and votes purchased from it leads. How to end it (or at a minimum curtail it to a point where it doesn't become a way of life), in the interest of everyone's well-being.

THIS.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: September 15, 2016, 10:31:15 AM »
I wonder what (if any) welfare programs were available in 1774?

Immigrants came here and only got private charity, if anything.

Private charity, yes, but mostly family.  If you reached adulthood without being able to make it on your own, you turned to family for shelter and meals and they expected something in return for it like all day, everyday labor!  Where is the quid pro quo in welfare?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: September 15, 2016, 10:35:36 AM »
Quid pro quo? The underclass gets the bread and circuses which they trade for votes for the political elites. Some people work for a living, others vote for a living.

I wonder what (if any) welfare programs were available in 1774?

Immigrants came here and only got private charity, if anything.

Private charity, yes, but mostly family.  If you reached adulthood without being able to make it on your own, you turned to family for shelter and meals and they expected something in return for it like all day, everyday labor!  Where is the quid pro quo in welfare?

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: September 15, 2016, 10:45:03 AM »
The vote for the liberal elite in exchange for continuing the programs explains how we got stuck in this cycle.  Someone (Trump) pointing out that they're getting the shaft is the start of how we break out of it.

Malcolm X was in a better position to say it than me (race thread?), "Chumps".  "They are taking you for chumps."

This isn't a better life and we're killing off the golden goose that got you the Obamaphones.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: September 15, 2016, 10:48:56 AM »
Talk to many democrats? They think we aren't spending enough money. We need MOAR government!

The vote for the liberal elite in exchange for continuing the programs explains how we got stuck in this cycle.  Someone (Trump) pointing out that they're getting the shaft is the start of how we break out of it.

Malcolm X was in a better position to say it than me (race thread?), "Chumps".  "They are taking you for chumps."

This isn't a better life and we're killing off the golden goose that got you the Obamaphones.

DDF

« Reply #1384 on: September 15, 2016, 10:56:53 AM »
When I was a boy, after my mother divorced, she got welfare. I also remember her carrying rocks working on a construction crew. Growing up on a farm, none of us were strangers to hard, manual labor. I'm not against welfare. I'm against people not having to do anything for it, especially manual labor, a hand up.

I don't think we should have socialist "collectives," but there's nothing wrong with people getting welfare being forced to work on farms that grow food in exchange for it, until they find something better and can get off of it.

Interesting point about the pilgrims attempting socialism. I learn something new everyday. It is funny though... to see how many centuries people have attempted socialism, having it fail, and trying it again, expecting different results.

Talk to many democrats? They think we aren't spending enough money. We need MOAR government!

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: September 15, 2016, 11:02:17 AM »
"Who controls the past controls the future; who controls the present controls the past."-Orwell

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jerrybowyer/2012/11/21/how-a-failed-commune-gave-us-what-is-now-thanksgiving/

How A Failed Commune Gave Us What Is Now Thanksgiving

Jerry Bowyer , 

Contributor

Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.
English: "The First Thanksgiving at Plymo...

"The First Thanksgiving at Plymouth" (1914) By Jennie A. Brownscombe (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

It’s wrong to say that American was founded by capitalists. In fact, America was founded by socialists who had the humility to learn from their initial mistakes and embrace freedom. One of the earliest and arguably most historically significant North American colonies was Plymouth Colony, founded in 1620 in what is now known as Plymouth, Massachusetts. As I’ve outlined in greater detail here before (Lessons From a Capitalist Thanksgiving), the original colony had written into its charter a system of communal property and labor. As William Bradford recorded in his Of Plymouth Plantation, a people who had formerly been known for their virtue and hard work became lazy and unproductive. Resources were squandered, vegetables were allowed to rot on the ground and mass starvation was the result. And where there is starvation, there is plague. After 2 1/2 years, the leaders of the colony decided to abandon their socialist mandate and create a system which honored private property. The colony survived and thrived and the abundance which resulted was what was celebrated at that iconic Thanksgiving feast.

As my friend Reuven Brenner has taught me, history is a series of experiments: The Human Gamble. Some gambles work and are adopted by history and some do not and should be abandoned by it. The problem is that the human gamble only works if there is a record of experimental outcomes and if decision makers consult that record. For many years, the story of the first failed commune of Plymouth Bay was part of the collective memory of American students. But Progressive Education found that story unhelpful and it has fallen into obscurity, which explains why (as I alluded to before) a well-educated establishment figure like Jared Bernstein would be unaware of it.

I’m often asked why our current leadership class forgets the lessons of the past so often. They are, after all, very smart men and women. Don’t they know that collectivism will fail?

No, they don’t. Not anymore. For much of our history, our leaders were educated in the principles which were to help them avoid errors once they have joined the ruling class. They studied to learn how to not misuse power. Now our leaders learn nothing of the dangers of abusing power: their education is entirely geared to its acquisition.  All of their neurons are trained on that one objective – to get to the top. What they do when they get there is a matter for later. And what happens to the country when they’re done with their experiments is beside the point: after all, their experiments will not really affect them personally. History is the story of the limitations of human power. But the limits of power is a topic for people who doubt themselves and their right to rule, not the self-anointed.

That’s how it is now, and that’s how it was in 1620. The charter of the Plymouth Colony reflected the most up-to-date economic, philosophical and religious thinking of the early 17th century. Plato was in vogue then, and Plato believed in central planning by intellectuals in the context of communal property, centralized state education, state centralized cultural offerings and communal family structure. For Plato, it literally did take a village to raise a child. This collectivist impulse reflected itself in various heretical offshoots of Protestant Christianity with names like The True Levelers, and the Diggers, mass movements of people who believed that property and income distinctions should be eliminated, that the wealthy should have their property expropriated and given to what we now call the 99%. This kind of thinking was rife in the 1600s and is perhaps why the Pilgrim settlers settled for a charter which did not create a private property system.

But the Pilgrims learned and prospered. And what they learned, we have forgotten and we fade.  Now, new waves of ignorant masses flood into parks and public squares. New Platonists demand control of other people’s property. New True Levelers legally occupy the prestige pulpits of our nation, secular and sacred. And now, as then, the productive class of our now gigantic, colony-turned-superpower, learn and teach again, the painful lessons of history. Collectivism violates the iron laws of human nature. It has always failed. It is always failing, and it will always fail. I thank God that it is failing now. Providence is teaching us once again.

When I was a boy, after my mother divorced, she got welfare. I also remember her carrying rocks working on a construction crew. Growing up on a farm, none of us were strangers to hard, manual labor. I'm not against welfare. I'm against people not having to do anything for it, especially manual labor, a hand up.

I don't think we should have socialist "collectives," but there's nothing wrong with people getting welfare being forced to work on farms that grow food in exchange for it, until they find something better and can get off of it.

Interesting point about the pilgrims attempting socialism. I learn something new everyday. It is funny though... to see how many centuries people have attempted socialism, having it fail, and trying it again, expecting different results.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: September 15, 2016, 12:39:06 PM »
Another political mobster named Stalin could play the charm when desired too.   Did you see the last episode of madam secretary?   :x

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/09/15/shes-back-hillary-clinton-discusses-binge-tv-watching-habits-press/

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
The Deplorable comment was a strategic trap set by the genius Clinton
« Reply #1387 on: September 15, 2016, 04:32:31 PM »
What kind of moron would believe that?  Once again Clinton showing contempt for voters with twisting the truth:

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/09/13/trump-hillary-clintons-bait-destroying-campaign-defending-deplorables.html

DDF

« Reply #1388 on: September 15, 2016, 08:40:09 PM »
"Who controls the past controls the future; who controls the present controls the past."-Orwell

Stealing the story GM. Thank you.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: September 15, 2016, 10:16:09 PM »
An odd irony about Ms. Clinton, she was so valuable as a speaker (quarter million an hour?) and now she can't pay people to watch her boring speeches.  Something is amiss.

"Thousands of empty seats"
http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/thousands-empty-seats-latest-hillary-speech-signals-beginning-end-campaign/

Clinton's crowd size dwarfed by Trump

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/08/trump-vs-hillary-campaign-events-no-comparison-pictures-say-thousand-words/
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 10:00:36 AM by DougMacG »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: September 15, 2016, 10:29:23 PM »
An odd irony about Ms. Clinton, she was so valuable as a speaker (quarter million an hour?) and now she can't pay people to watch her boring speeches.  Something is amiss.

"Thousands of empty seats"
http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/thousands-empty-seats-latest-hillary-speech-signals-beginning-end-campaign/

"Clinton's crowd size dwarfed by Trump"
http://www.infowars.com/video-hillary-clintons-crowd-size-dwarfed-by-trump/

An info wars link? Quick,get the spray!

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: September 16, 2016, 09:09:39 AM »
Again, as a general rule, Infowars is not a welcome source here.  Unless there is particular reason for a particular piece-- which should be noted and explained-- please do not use it.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: September 16, 2016, 10:10:26 AM »
Again, as a general rule, Infowars is not a welcome source here.  Unless there is particular reason for a particular piece-- which should be noted and explained-- please do not use it.

I changed the source. 

Mainstream sources aren't running stories about Hillary's enthusiasm deficit yet and Google fails to search negative Clinton stories.

The point remains, why were universities and companies paying a quarter million for a speech people won't go see for free?

While we're at it, what was in those Goldman Sachs speeches she won't release?  My guess is nothing of interest. 

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: September 16, 2016, 10:17:47 AM »
Doug, those are professional journalists! They have credentials! How dare you question them?

I changed the source. 

Mainstream sources aren't running stories about Hillary's enthusiasm deficit yet and Google fails to search negative Clinton stories.

The point remains, why were universities and companies paying a quarter million for a speech people won't go see for free?

While we're at it, what was in those Goldman Sachs speeches she won't release?  My guess is nothing of interest. 

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: September 16, 2016, 10:24:50 AM »
Doug, those are professional journalists! They have credentials! How dare you question them?

10,000 go to see one candidate; 200 go to see the other.  No story there, at least nothing that fits the narrative.

The collaboration of Google and Facebook is truly Orwellian.  At least with Pravda the Soviet subjects only had one state run news room.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 10:27:45 AM by DougMacG »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: September 16, 2016, 10:29:08 AM »

10,000 go to see one candidate; 200 go to see the other.  No story there, at least nothing that fits the narrative.

The collaboration of Google and Facebook is truly Orwellian.  At least with Pravda the Soviet subjects only had one state run news room.

The saddest thing, is that the Russians knew Pravda was bullshiite.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Do as I say, not as I do.
« Reply #1397 on: September 17, 2016, 12:30:21 PM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Illary Clinton and Article 1, Section 9
« Reply #1398 on: September 17, 2016, 04:43:50 PM »
 Anyone remember this from Article 1, Section 9? Friends in Europe were surprised we included this.
"No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State."

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Illary Clinton and Article 1, Section 9
« Reply #1399 on: September 17, 2016, 05:54:20 PM »
Anyone remember this from Article 1, Section 9? Friends in Europe were surprised we included this.
"No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State."

Rules are for the little people.