Author Topic: President Trump  (Read 433384 times)

Body-by-Guinness

Never Met a Corporate Handout he didn't Like
« Reply #650 on: December 27, 2015, 04:08:33 PM »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Trump attacks Trey Gowdy
« Reply #651 on: December 27, 2015, 04:54:56 PM »

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Trump
« Reply #652 on: December 27, 2015, 05:09:58 PM »
Yes, but he was in business. What was he to do? Ignore the benefits and make less profits?

Trump is now blowing the whistle on same. He is telling what happens and that it must be stopped. Does that not count for something?

When is everyone going to start attacking him for taking tax breaks?  I am sure that is coming.

Everyone is also after Trump because he is rick. Well, it is about damned time for the rich to stop having to apologize for being rich. They got rich by making money. And for every dollar that a person like Trump has made, he has put many times that amount into the economy through business operations and taxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgxlp2UJI5I&feature=youtu.be
PPulatie

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 27, 2015, 05:11:14 PM »
DMG,

What the hell did Gowdy accomplish?  Not a damned thing. He let the Wicked One off. It was a typical DC display of nothing.

PPulatie

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 27, 2015, 05:39:34 PM »
BTW,

For all of those who don't like the thought of having to vote for Trump if he is the nominee and having a wish that it was someone else...........

Welcome to the Club. This is what I and others have had to do with McCain and Romney for the past two elections. 
PPulatie

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 28, 2015, 08:41:11 AM »
BTW,
For all of those who don't like the thought of having to vote for Trump if he is the nominee and having a wish that it was someone else...........
Welcome to the Club. This is what I and others have had to do with McCain and Romney for the past two elections. 

The implication that anyone here who is not supporting Trump now was backing McCain and Romney at this point for previous nominations is erroneous.  Check the record.  Speaking for myself, I also opposed Dole, HW Bush and Ford. 

Besides, you have the players backwards.  Cruz is the more conservative choice and Trump is the prominent centrist they are telling us we should support because he can win.  The label Republican in name only certainly fits someone who wasn't one before the campaign, will most certainly pivot in the general election and threatens to leave every time he is criticized.

The one who reminds me of a Reagan is you-know-who (not Cruz or Trump).  Conservative, optimistic and electable.  Best communicator in the group.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 28, 2015, 10:22:36 AM »
"The one who reminds me of a Reagan is you-know-who (not Cruz or Trump"

But Doug,

Bobby Jindal dropped out.   :-D

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 28, 2015, 10:25:01 AM »
"Rubio is electable."

Where have I  heard that before?  Presidents McCain and Romney come to mind.
PPulatie

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 28, 2015, 02:05:34 PM »

But Doug,

2 term Governor, Asian immigrant family, Rhodes Scholar.  But no reality show experience. 
Don't tell me this country doesn't have its priorities straight...

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: December 28, 2015, 03:13:24 PM »

But Doug,

2 term Governor, Asian immigrant family, Rhodes Scholar.  But no reality show experience. 
Don't tell me this country doesn't have its priorities straight...

Just looking forward to the Kardashian political dynasty.

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 28, 2015, 03:25:05 PM »
CD

Ignoring my sarcasm?   :evil:

The GOPe told us that Romney and McCain were both electable. Look what is got us. Now they are saying that Rubio is electable. Why should this time be any different?
PPulatie

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 28, 2015, 05:22:29 PM »
Yes I am.

The GOPe has nothing to do with it. 

You're enthused with polls when they show your man ahead, but when they show Rubio doing best against Hillary you're not so enthused.

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 28, 2015, 07:01:43 PM »
The GOPe was the ones who pushed McCain and Romney.

And, with the polls, I have always said that Rubio first had to win the nomination, but he is so far down he cannot win at this point.

And remember, I have always said that Rubio will end up being the candidate do to Convention manipulations.

Why is every one in love with Rubio? He is going to break your hearts......and at least I have no illusions about Trump.

PPulatie

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 28, 2015, 10:31:46 PM »
I don't give a flying fornication for what the GOPe says.  I do care that as best as I can tell that Rubio looks to have the best chance of beating the Empress Dowager.  I do care that at the moment Cruz is but two points behind Rubio against the Corrupt Conniving Cow.

President Dean?  President Hillary?  President Giuliani?  They were all where the Donald was at this point in the cycle.

I'm not making a prediction, nor am I being stampeded by the current numbers.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 30, 2015, 09:01:51 AM »
"...Rubio looks to have the best chance of beating the Empress Dowager."

"I'm not making a prediction..."

- The polls have been consistent with Truimp strongest for the nomination and weakest in the general election .  On this course, Hillary wins.  But the delegate count now is 0-0-0.

Cruz and Rubio have different paths to pass Trump that seem unlikely without a dramatic shift.  But shifting dramatically is normal, as already pointed out by Crafty.  Howard Dean is a great example.  He was the clear front runner and leader of his party right up to the first vote.  It wasn't just the scream; a moment arrived where people knew he wasn't the guy. And we didn't know it until the vote counts started coming in.

Trump needs votes from people who currently don't like him now and even more in the general election.  Which means change from what got you this far, or just try to ride the current support through to the convention, which as Pat says, is stacked against him.  He needs to put this away at the beginning or lose. Cruz needs to consolidate the right, but then still has the plurality problem Trump has.  Rubio needs votes from people who may like him but are choosing someone else or undecided.

Trump's career record is 0 for 0.  Cruz won one very contested primary and one very easy general election.  Rubio is 6 and 0 in a much more divided state.   How that helps him now, nobody knows.   None have competed in or won a national election before.  This is all uncharted territory.
--------------------------------------------

Regarding the question of who can defend and prosecute the 'war on women' issue against on the Clintons best -

Trump might make the strongest case in response, but may also be the most vulnerable to incoming charges.  The tie goes to the Democrats.  Rubio will make the charge more diplomatically, though there will be plenty of active anti-Hillary groups to go further.  I'm not seeing Cruz as a general election candidate.  He would attack fine but they will successfully paint him as an extremist no one can work with using quotes from people in his own party.  

In any case, this isn't going to be won by proving Hillary is a bad person.  People already know that.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 09:27:48 AM by DougMacG »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Donald Trump, Wasserman Schultz says her daughter asks: Why he is so rude?
« Reply #666 on: December 30, 2015, 03:04:28 PM »
Meet the Press last Sunday
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/dnc-chair-my-daughters-ask-why-trump-is-so-rude/article/2579122

How is it that we intend to concede to this awful woman the moral high ground?

What a trainwreck it is to let her ever be right against us.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Well, this is embarassing , , ,
« Reply #669 on: December 31, 2015, 10:28:53 AM »
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/12/30/donald-trumps-national-spokeswoman-is-a-welfare-cheat-shoplifter/
So he IS a democrat !

It is surprising to me that Trump hired a key person from Cruz instead of from Trump enterprises.

Unless he plans to operate the entire federal bureaucracy himself, this undermines his claim that he always gets the best people.  I didn't know he could get the best people without vetting.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Donald Trump - Live in Council Bluffs (Iowa)
« Reply #670 on: January 01, 2016, 10:11:51 AM »
'I didn't know the President could issue an Executive Order that changes the terms of the North American Free Trade Agreement.'

This guy is a little negative on The Donald.  He took voting age young adults with him that also weren't very impressed. I get the idea that his rallies are kind of repetitive and rambling, but his supporters have genuine enthusiasm.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/12/live-from-council-bluffs-its-donald-trump.php

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Trump, Re-tweeting falsehoods
« Reply #671 on: January 03, 2016, 02:58:11 PM »

Doesn't happen to be true and the 'source' doesn't happen to exist.

How much would it cost for a billionaire (11 times over) to hire his own fact checker?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 03, 2016, 03:12:14 PM »
This is the sort of crap by the Donald that Hillary will use to great effect.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 07, 2016, 07:55:30 AM »
From Cruz thread:  "each of you have also stated that the polls are showing that Rubio can beat Hillary but not Trump. Yet you also challenge those same polls by saying when it comes to Trump beating the other GOP candidates, they mean nothing until the primaries have run their course."

For my part in it...  I think the polls so far do have accuracy and meaning.  They have certain inaccuracies like sampling error etc but when Trump leads Rubio by 20 points in the nomination contest, he leads without question.  The most obvious error in all polls is the timing.  If the election were held today is always a false premise.  The election isn't held today and this is a poll not a ballot.  I have spun that to say Trump clearly won the pre-season, which is the same argument Pat makes to say Trump will address the general election when that time comes.

I have stated the challenge they both face.  Trump needs to show he can win the general election to get nominated, and Rubio obviously needs to win the nomination in order for general election polls to matter.

It is Pat who thinks Rubio will be the nominee.  I don't currently see Rubio's path unless people start changing their minds soon. 

Trump has changed his emphasis the last few days to attack Hillary and the Clintons.  That addresses only the challenge he faces IMO.  It could close his general election gap with Hillary, but doesn't directly address my contention thatTrump has carved out both positions and a temperament that appeal to a plurality, not a majority.  He trails Bernie by 13 in polls Pat cited.  Marking Bill Clinton a predatory and Hilary an enabler does not address that.

Of course he can shift back for the general election, he was a centrist-Democrat just weeks ago it seems.  But in that case we don't get the candidate who won the primaries to be our general election candidate or President.  We get some iteration.  Whatever will be his each candidate's positions and core principles in the general election, we ought to know and judge in the primaries.

JEB came out running as a general election candidate and failed.  Rubio has been running as a candidate who can be successful in the general election but didn't lock in any major sector of the Republican party along the way.  He has remained in third place, relevant and somewhat in contention, but this ends quickly for him and everyone else besides Trump and Cruz if current polling numbers become the primary results.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Does Trump support Amnesty? "Give them a path" ... " so they can be legal"
« Reply #674 on: January 07, 2016, 08:32:07 AM »
While every true conservative (except me) still hates Rubio for trying to settle this issue, you might notice this about the so-called immigration hardliner:

They all favor some form of amnesty after you cut through the political rhetoric.

Trump: (out of context?)
" I would get people out and I would have an expedited way of getting them back into the country, so they can be legal. Let them be legal."
http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1507/29/cg.01.html  (That is NOT saying - go to the back of the line!)

That is precisely what Trump is proposing. Under his plan, illegal aliens don’t have to go to the end of the line behind those who have complied with our immigration laws. They get an “expedited way of getting them back into the country so they can be legal.” They get to cut the line and then stay in America.
So if you get past Trump’s bluster, the plan he is proposing is so liberal that it earned the support of The New York Times and the opposition of National Review.
...  Trump’s plan is in fact a form of amnesty—you just have to leave the country briefly to get it.  So when Trump says of illegal immigrants “they all have to go,” don’t overlook the fact that under his plan almost all would be able to immediately return—and stay.
http://www.newsweek.com/who-knew-trump-favors-amnesty-undocumented-immigrants-395512

When asked what he would do about the illegal immigrants already residing in the country once the border was secured, Trump replied, “give them a path.” A path to what? Trump didn’t say. ...  the issue here isn’t the merits. The issue is whether Donald Trump is a true hard liner on immigration. It appears that he is not.
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/07/trump-it-seems-favors-amnesty.php

Trump wanted to secure the border and didn’t believe in “amnesty,” but wouldn’t explicitly reject a pathway to legalization.
By the definition of the loudest critics of comprehensive immigration reform in the Republican Party — many of whom Trump has won over with his immigration rhetoric — what Trump seems to be proposing would in fact be an amnesty, which these activists define as any pathway to normalizing the immigration statuses of America’s illegal population, no matter whether those illegals would be forced to pay a financial penalty or even prevented from gaining citizenship.
http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/24/donald-trump-on-amnesty-if-somebodys-been-outstanding-we-try-and-work-something-out-video/

Direct Trump quote was "Give them a path."
https://twitter.com/moody/status/618946895222833152  (CNN)

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Trump Healthcare
« Reply #675 on: January 07, 2016, 09:07:18 AM »
Picking further on Trump.  He no longer agrees with Bernie Sanders on single payer healthcare, since announcing his run for GOP(e) endorsement.  Now he agrees with John Kasich instead on Medicaid expansion:  (This is from July 2015, updates welcome!)

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1507/29/cg.01.html

Trump also clarifies his position on health care. Not long ago, while in the Democratic Party, Trump endorsed single-payer health care as the best reform, at one time pointing to the Canadian system as a model. He now disavows that position, but talks about the need to expand government provided health care, potentially in the form of subsidies to providers to care for the poor. That’s basically a Medicaid expansion, which isn’t going to find favor with conservatives angry at other candidates like John Kasich for adopting that very approach.
http://hotair.com/archives/2015/07/30/trump-deport-illegals-but-expedite-the-return-of-the-good-ones-for-legal-status/

Trump suggested an alternative system for lower-income individuals -- describing what, in the broad strokes, appears to sound similar to Medicaid.
"I want to try to help those people. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that, but I want to try and help those people," Trump said. "And you know what, if I lose votes over that, or if I don't get a nomination over that, that's just fine with me."
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/politics/donald-trump-immigration-plan-healthcare-flip-flop/index.html

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 09:10:08 AM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Trump's new ad
« Reply #676 on: January 07, 2016, 02:54:19 PM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 07, 2016, 05:55:56 PM »

Trump is calling for a 45% import duty on Chinese products?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 07, 2016, 06:02:16 PM »

I think Trump is the republican Obama. That's not a compliment.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Smoot, Hawley and Trump
« Reply #680 on: January 08, 2016, 07:59:57 AM »
I think Trump is the republican Obama. That's not a compliment.

Showman comparison:
http://spectator.org/articles/65101/showman-chief

The point being being it is show and tell about nothing that will solve a problem.

45% duty on Chinese products will do what for the American or global economy?

Trump raised his proposal from 25% to 45% just to make sure everyone knows he is bluffing.  

While he threatens action over 'currency manipulation', they devalued further.  

For another view on the issue, maybe the Chinese central planners could learn their lesson through market consequence instead of from Trump big government action.  But that's not what you think of when your Trump goal is to build the biggest and strongest central government ever.

Like Obama requiring Iranian nuclear self-verification, the main thing is - each got his name in the news controlling the news cycle.

Meanwhile we have real problems needing real solutions.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 09:19:52 AM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 09, 2016, 08:50:28 AM »
Interesting theory on Trump pointing out Cruz birther issue:  Trump doesn't have the staff to vet his VP picks so he's having the media do it.

My theory is the shiny object explanation.  He's got the whole world chasing the shiny object while he sits on his lead and no one else can get traction.
--------------------------------

Trump's attacks on the Clintons is his way of beating them.  Isn't that great (with sarcasm).  People hate politics and our sides strategy is going to be to nominate the guy with the highest negatives and have him win by driving up the negatives of the other side who is also picking the candidate with the highest negatives.

(How about picking someone who can connect and lead in a positive direction.)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 09:46:41 AM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
More black Trump supporters
« Reply #684 on: January 09, 2016, 01:55:21 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/cliff.medina.39/videos/462888523895053/

BD:  Great article! , , , which is why I posted it on December 17thth  :-D
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 01:58:04 PM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Trump - Walmart voters
« Reply #686 on: January 10, 2016, 08:45:06 AM »
I heard today that Trump is registering blue collar voters in the parking lots of Walmarts.

Opponents might want to go there and test poll the idea of a 45% Trump Tariff price increase.

We are going to address the nuclear threat of NK by starting (or threatening) a trade war with China.

Interestingly, Walmart is the Dow stock least hurt by the Obama income squeeze.  With healthcare costs up another 70% and incomes up by zero, more and more people feel the squeeze of their plowhorse load pulling paycheck, at least who aren't already among the 100 million adults not working at all.  The part time, mostly immigrant, Obama economy new hires aren't flocking to Macy's.  Trump's tariffs would reduce Walmart to a failed chain of chain of designer boutiques and leave Goodwill to bid up what is left of the consumer goods economy.
--------------------

Trump today:  "The economy, that's my thing.  It will be great!"  Following by no supporting argument.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 10, 2016, 09:23:30 AM »
Bigdog's article (I mean Crafty's) looking at the campaign of Trump from a military strategy point of view is interesting indeed.   Trump's unpredictable style is actually perfect for Hillary who is an F student in new situations.

Without her machine support telling her what to say, do, behave, dress she is nothing.

Yet the article points out that Trump may not have the capacity to learn and adapt and that may be his downfall.

So far he has displayed some learning of issues but we shall see in time if he can truly rise above the soundbites.

Voting for him is a VERY big risk.

I feel the risk is lower for Cruz and lower still for Rubio but I just don't see Rubio as a world leader.

I like the comparison of Trump to Putin.  There are some similarities.  I certainly like Putin's nationalism.  Unlike the libs here who are selling there own people down the toilet.

But once again I am not sure how Trump would fare on the world stage.   If he insults some in the international community - so what?

Do we want a suck up egg or a leader who represents US?

I want a leader.   Not a PC clown.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 10, 2016, 09:59:50 AM »
"If he insults some in the international community - so what?"

It isn't that I care what they think.  It is more like I don't care what they say as long as we are in the right and they are in the wrong.  With a lot of Trump's boorish statements, he is in the wrong.

There is a difference between, oh that is just Trump being Trump and that statement coming from an American President, blood coming out of her whatever, etc.  As you said with W and most certainly true with Reagan, there is something to the fact that a person winning the election and rising up with humility to serve in the institution of the Presidency.  Clinton and Obama degraded the Presidency in different ways.  Everyone brings in their own personality.  Trump has shown very little ability to grow in that regard as he gets closer to the prize.

As you say with high risk, if it comes down to me voting for him, it will only be out of disdain for the alternatives.  Returning the Clintons to the White House is unthinkable and extending the Obama policies through any like-minded successor would be catastrophic to the country.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 10, 2016, 10:20:08 AM »
I watched DT on the shows this morning and need to concede (again) that anyone who (still) underestimates his political skills does so to their own peril.  I agreed with him about 90% of the time in the Fox News Sunday and Meet the Press interviews.  Like Perot, his strength is to point out what is wrong, not to lay out solutions.  The Iran deal, terrible, for example.  He is far more gifted than Perot or anyone else at doing that and the Obama administration and Hillary Clinton record give him never-ending material to keep doing that.

OTOH, His attacks on GOPers have tended to be personal and petty, he welcomes the precedent set by Obama to govern by executive order, and his views on Russia, Syria, China and North Korea seem largely naive and ill conceived to me.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: January 10, 2016, 10:52:40 AM »
Doug writes,

"I watched DT on the shows this morning and need to concede (again) that anyone who (still) underestimates his political skills does so to their own peril.  I agreed with him about 90% of the time in the Fox News Sunday and Meet the Press interviews.  Like Perot, his strength is to point out what is wrong, not to lay out solutions. "

Wow Doug!   I didn't see the shows but if YOU were impressed then I am sure I would be.

The last part of your post "not to lay out solutions" is as (I think it was PP who also pointed this out) a big advantage at this stage.   We all know the Clinton machine studies their opponents ears, throat, anus, vagina, urethra, retinas and everything else and collect the data and send it to their "war rooms" to look at the data from every freakin angle  and poll test it with every conceivable response and then be ready to hit all the adoring media outlets with rapid fire overwhelming blitzkrieg airway and digital saturation propaganda.   

So not letting them knwo ahead of time unitl "the last minute" what you are thinking or what your response will be to their blitzkreigs is a great strategy.  The question remains though is this really a deliberate strategy or just the only way Trump knows how to work?  I am not sure.

Like said Hillary is an A+ student when she has time to have her mafia army figure it all out for her and she is an F student without that.   Can anyone trust her as a commander who has to make quick decisions?   -  NO!

Again military strategy does explain this well.

DDF

« Reply #691 on: January 10, 2016, 12:40:32 PM »
By all means, elect a liberal president.

I'm rooting for one....and I'm not a liberal.  :evil:

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 10, 2016, 12:49:48 PM »
DDF, I don't get what your saying.

That Trump is liberal?

DDF

« Reply #693 on: January 10, 2016, 12:54:07 PM »
DDF, I don't get what your saying.

That Trump is liberal?

Not at all. That Hilary will bring about the destruction of the States much faster.

I'm a d.ck when it comes to other people having an opinion on what rights may be "granted" to others. Those people should generally be exported....people against anyone having firearms for example.

Ps. Those that know how much I was making, and what I walked away from, know, I am hardly joking. By all means, elect Hilary or Sanders. I'm probably wrong.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 12:57:32 PM by DDF »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 10, 2016, 01:16:15 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/1081327175240237/videos/1099272096779078/ 

BTW, I just watch DT on the Chris Wallace show.  What I missed previously is that his 45% tariff is a THREAT designed to coerce the Chinese into respecting the rules of commerce and other things.  He says that we could decimate China's economy with this with much less effect upon us and that we need to appreciate the leverage that we have.

This is a very fair point, though IMHO trade wars tend to end very badly and as best as I can tell DT has a serious propensity towards trade wars.  Today for example yet again he was speaking of competitive devaluations by China, Mexico, and Japan (?).  Look, I understand the point but IMO Jude Wanniski made a very sound and greatly under appreciated point with his studies of the Crash of '29 and the Great Depression were caused by competitive devaluations and tariff wars and not stock market speculations. 

In this light I ask "So what the hell is Donald proposing here?"  That we seek to devalue the dollar?!?  Hasn't fear of a dollar devaluation been a major concern on this board for the entirety of the Obama Administration?

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 10, 2016, 01:22:20 PM »
 "not to lay out solutions" is...a big advantage at this stage."

- It is a political advantage for him to not layout solutions.  For us it means we're screwed.  Policy details are gotcha questions, off limits.  Too soon, not relevant.  It will be great, trust me.  It makes him the same as Hillary or Bernie, he's going to make everybody so prosperous, just watch, blah, blah.

How about if the candidates tell us what their policies will be and we'll tell them how great we think the results will be.  But no, we just change the names of who telling us what the shiny objects of news will be while none of our questions get asked or answered.

On immigration for example he is going to be tough, tough, tough and then the details are the same as Cruz and Rubio, just sound tougher.

On government takings, no problem.  What is the limiting principle of that?  Huh?  Constitutional rights?  It depends on which ones.  On judicial nominees, no clue.  On tax policy, no indication he has read his own, latest proposal.  Just a published paper to look serious.  On limiting or shrinking government?  Not a word.  On willingness to govern by executive order?  Sounds good.  Middle East?  Let Russia take care of it.  N.K., let China take care of it.  Israel?  Mexico, trade war.  China, trade war.  Nuclear Triad?  Never heard of it.

How can we tell conservatives they are crazy to support this guy?  Nobody likes the person who tells them their crazy.  Especially when it's true.

Trump showed amazing political skill to be questioned heavily by two show hosts on two networks as the lead interview every hour and never have any of this come up, just go on and on about how bad everyone else is and how great it will be when he is in charge.  Great.  Really great - with gallows sarcasm.

Life is way too short to go another 4 or 8 years being ruled by more BS, and the way he tells us he will win is by not telling us the details, just making the case that everyone else is unworthy.  

We go way too long between great Presidents.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 10, 2016, 02:03:43 PM »
"It is a political advantage for him to not layout solutions.  For us it means we're screwed."

Not necessarily
Don't you think that if he lays out all the details of policy now that Hillary with her 50 divisions of spinners and an adoring media will not "out wonk" him to death?

I understand the risk if he becomes the Repub nominee, and than does NOT deliver.   But wouldn't it be great to see him up in a general election debate knocking her off her skanky scripted perch with one surprise after another.   He will kick her off ass all over the stage.
He will get to the policy mountain top before her and lay claim before she can bullshit her way there.

My point is the element of surprise will work great against Hillary. Otherwise she will stake out every poll group tested policy spot that makes her as it did with her husband very difficult to beat.

You just said don't underestimate him.

And we both know not to underestimate Hillary's mafia organization.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 10, 2016, 02:08:44 PM »
Doug,

PS ,  at least the Vikings did better than the Giants this year. 

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 10, 2016, 02:09:16 PM »
Doug,
PS ,  at least the Vikings did better than the Giants this year. 

Ouch.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 10, 2016, 02:36:57 PM »
For us it means we're screwed. (Trump policies)

Yes he might beat Hillary, on her way to prison.  And yes he is better than Hillary.  What I mean is, conservatives who think his policies will be conservative are screwed if he wins.

On the forum, we read, dig deep, find sources, study facts, solutions and alternatives on a whole range of topics for the entire term between elections and then some reality tv guy that doesn't give a rat's ass about policy details, rights or the constitution, facts or unintended consequences, doesn't know a minority in Iraq from a ruling party in Iran, nor a nuclear triad, walks in and takes it all.  If this happens, like 8 years under Obama and the rest of it, we deserve what is coming.

8 years of George Bush and 8 years of Obama.  8 years of Bill Clinton before that.  This is not a proud period in this country.  We defeated Hitler and the Soviet Union.  We build the strongest and most prosperous country is earth's history, we had the world turning toward freedom and we squander it by turning against everything that made it great.  And now for what little we have learned we about to leap for another big government solution, a candidate who never said he was conservative, against everything we have learned.  We really do have an opportunity to make America Great Again and Trump isn't it.