Politics, Religion, Science, Culture and Humanities > Science, Culture, & Humanities

A Post From Our Piazza member

(1/5) > >>

GeneP:
I appreciate the manuevering in topics that seemingly welcome a broader base of posters.  I got an email regarding the first post to this new section.  I also got a surprise when I arrived here to take a look.  Oh well, stuff happens.  Anyway, if other OP'ers arrive here it might be useful to make a chirp here just so we become aware.

GeneP

Crafty_Dog:
Hi Gene:

Looking forward to having you share the Adventure here with us.

Marc

GeneP:
At least it appears that way this morning and Eric indicated he was going to shut it down on October 31, 2006.  I'm not aware as to whether he saved a backup for purposes of converting the data to a PDF file or not.  It doesn't appear that he sent out a broadcast announcement.

DougMacG:
Thanks for posting Gene.  I also hope a backup is saved.  Technically, I assume the ending of the home page link is separate from wiping out the hard drive and using it for other purposes.  Maybe we can just buy the original hard drive instead of a backup copy.  Sounded like Mark Gerber had ideas about how to extract the info.

All in all, Eric was very generous and patient and reasonable about the shutdown.  Costs of the existing setup going forward weren't reasonable and they participation became too low to reconfigure.  I'm sure he can still be reached through his blog at: http://www.ericmackonline.com/

So far my particpation here has been mainly as a reader.  The format at the moment is more readings than discussions.  That can change quickly as discussions break out; I know they have in the past.  I appreciate Marc's rules post asking for an 'in your own words' introduction to cut and paste style posts.

thudbear:
OP . . .R.I.P.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version