Author Topic: The Cognitive Dissonance of His Glibness  (Read 858980 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Obama's accomplishments
« Reply #1650 on: July 27, 2015, 11:19:41 AM »

Quit trashing Obama's accomplishments. He has done more than any other President before him. Here is a list of his impressive accomplishments:

1. First President to be photographed smoking a joint.
2. First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner.
3. First President to have a social security number from a state he has never lived in.
4. First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States.
5. First President to violate the War Powers Act.
6. First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.
7. First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party.
8. First President to spend a trillion dollars on "shovel-ready" jobs when there was no such thing as "shovel-ready" jobs.
9. First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters.
10. First President to by-pass Congress and implement the Dream Act through executive fiat.
11. First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S., including those with criminal convictions.
12. First President to demand a company hand-over $20 billion to one of his political appointees.
13. First President to tell a CEO of a major corporation (Chrysler) to resign.
14. First President to terminate America’s ability to put a man in space.
15. First President to cancel the National Day of Prayer and to say that America is no longer a Christian nation.
16. First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present.
17. First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it.
18. First President to threaten insurance companies if they publicly spoke out on the reasons for their rate increases.
19. First President to tell a major manufacturing company in which state it is allowed to locate a factory.
20. First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN).
21. First President to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly issued years ago.
22. First President to actively try to bankrupt an American industry (coal).
23. First President to fire an inspector general of AmeriCorps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case.
24. First President to appoint 45 czars to replace elected officials in his office.
25. First President to surround himself with radical left wing anarchists.
26. First President to golf more than 150 separate times in his five years in office.
27. First President to hide his birth, medical, educational and travel records.
28. First President to win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing NOTHING to earn it.
29. First President to go on multiple "global apology tours" and concurrent "insult our friends" tours.
30. First President to go on over 17 lavish vacations, in addition to date nights and Wednesday evening White House parties for his friends paid for by the taxpayers.
31. First President to have personal servants (taxpayer funded) for his wife.
32. First President to keep a dog trainer on retainer for $102,000 a year at taxpayer expense.
33. First President to fly in a personal trainer from Chicago at least once a week at taxpayer expense.
34. First President to repeat the Quran and tell us the early morning call of the Azan (Islamic call to worship) is the most beautiful sound on earth.
35. First President to side with a foreign nation over one of the American 50 states (Mexico vs Arizona).
36. First President to tell the military men and women that they should pay for their own private insurance because they "volunteered to go to war and knew the consequences."
37. Then he was the First President to tell the members of the military that THEY were UNPATRIOTIC for balking at the last suggestion.

I feel much better now. I had been under the impression he hadn't been doing ANYTHING... Such an accomplished individual... in the eyes of the ignorant maybe.!.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The Cognitive Dissonance of His Glibness
« Reply #1651 on: July 27, 2015, 12:52:52 PM »
this is pure racism about the first Black President.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: July 27, 2015, 04:48:16 PM »
If you think the American people can't be trusted with guns, but Iran can be trusted with nuclear weapons, you might be Buraq Hussein Obama.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: July 27, 2015, 06:40:52 PM »
 :evil: :evil: :evil:

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: July 28, 2015, 07:15:53 AM »
Gallup approval rating ~ 49%;  Absolutely depressing. 

:cry:

If one figures a net of 50 million foreign born people in the US and 80% of them are Democrats then a good 10 % of this is them.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The Cognitive Dissonance of His Glibness, A new low for the President
« Reply #1655 on: August 06, 2015, 07:27:33 AM »
First this from Iran thread,  Obama: Rockets Will Fall On Tel Aviv if Congress Kills Deal

Good grief.  If Iranian rockets fall on Tel Aviv it will be because they believe this President doesn't stand behind Israel.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I noticed this too, a new low for the President.  But really he is insulting Iranian hardliners by comparing with a group he despises more.

Krauthammer: Obama Comparing Republicans to Iranian Hardliners "A New Low For The President"

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: It's vintage Obama, the demonization of his opponent, the lumping them together with people chanting death to America, I must say is a new low for the president considering. Which is saying a lot considering how he does demonize the opposition. But what is even worse here is how delusional he is. He is pretending that those who chant death to America are some kind of KKK fringe in Iran. The people leading the chant of the Revolutionary Guard, the army, the parliamentary leaders and of course -- as he always calls them, Obama always does -- the Supreme Leader himself in a speech he made just a few days after the signing of the agreement the chants break out death to America, death to Israel and the Ayatollah said may Allah hear your prayers.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/08/05/krauthammer_obama_comparing_republicans_to_iranian_hardliners_a_new_low_for_the_president.html

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: August 06, 2015, 12:28:09 PM »
Well I heard Levin yesterday bash Obama's straw man argument that the choice is either this deal or war.   I agree with his premise that this is flawed but not for the reason he suggests.   It is flawed because there is simply no other way to stop Iran from getting nukes other than military action.  If it is obvious to me than it is obvious to the military and it is obvious they have concluded the strategy of containment has the best risk benefit analysis  unless  it IS just the strategy of history's greatest man.

WE should have bombed years ago.   Too late?  I dunno.

But back to Levin's argument.  It is not the choice between war and peace that is the issue it is the choice between Iran going nuclear or not.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: August 06, 2015, 12:37:36 PM »
My mom, who is intrigued with Trump, tells me his solution was to bomb their oil fields. 

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: August 06, 2015, 01:30:38 PM »
"My mom, who is intrigued with Trump, tells me his solution was to bomb their oil fields."

Crafty, I thought you mom is a liberal Democrat?   She likes Trump?    :-o 8-)

Bombing their oil industry IS an interesting new thought.

Or we can just vote for Jeb and continue to speak about sanctions, verification, statesmanship and the rest, and I must add the all important "the military option is not off the table" all the while Iran proceeds with their military nuclear program.

BTW I still think Schumer will not cross the party line, ie: Bamster.  He has never done so if my memory serves me correctly.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 01:35:06 PM by ccp »

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: August 06, 2015, 01:46:59 PM »
I heard Ben Carson yesterday morning suggest we confiscate the oil fields now held by ISIS as well.  Ayn Rand long ago said that one of the most foolish mistakes we made as a nation was developing the oil fields in the Middle East, and then handing them over to the people that lived there.
"You have enemies?  Good.  That means that you have stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: August 07, 2015, 06:18:40 AM »
My mom's views move around a bit but overall she is on the right side of things.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: August 07, 2015, 06:58:00 AM »
"My mom's views move around a bit but overall she is on the right side of things."

Could it have been your grandmother I was thinking of?  I recall you posting in the past someone in your family who was a Democrat in NY.

Not important.

My mother too I think would have been intrigued by Trump's ideas though I am not sure about his personality.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: August 07, 2015, 07:31:38 AM »
My mom used to be a liberal Dem many years ago, so that may be what you are thinking of.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: You'd have thought me a conspiracy theorist
« Reply #1664 on: August 11, 2015, 06:52:48 AM »
http://www.erickontheradio.com/2015/08/youd-have-thought-me-a-conspiracy-theorist/

Important stuff in there.  It's time to take off the kid gloves and tear down the popularity of this guy on the basis of his policies. 

Rush L was talking about the clamor for an apology from Trump and said this:

" if anybody owes anybody an apology -- I'm dead serious about this -- it's Barack Obama and the Democrat Party for what they are doing and have done to this country.  I mean, there are real things of action taking place that are genuinely transformative and destructive.  "

When is Pres. Barack Obama going to apologize to America?  Never, of course.  That doesn't mean the demands for an apology shouldn't keep increasing until the day he leaves office and beyond.

Letting him off the hook for what he has done will lead to electing more of the same or worse in the future.

DDF

Re: You'd have thought me a conspiracy theorist
« Reply #1665 on: August 11, 2015, 11:09:29 AM »
http://www.erickontheradio.com/2015/08/youd-have-thought-me-a-conspiracy-theorist/

Important stuff in there.  It's time to take off the kid gloves and tear down the popularity of this guy on the basis of his policies. 

Rush L was talking about the clamor for an apology from Trump and said this:

" if anybody owes anybody an apology -- I'm dead serious about this -- it's Barack Obama and the Democrat Party for what they are doing and have done to this country.  I mean, there are real things of action taking place that are genuinely transformative and destructive.  "

When is Pres. Barack Obama going to apologize to America?  Never, of course.  That doesn't mean the demands for an apology shouldn't keep increasing until the day he leaves office and beyond.

Letting him off the hook for what he has done will lead to electing more of the same or worse in the future.

It isn't Barrack that owes an apology. It's everyone that supports him and that should be forcefully driven into exile, and I'm definitely saying that unapologetically. That applies to Republicans as well, who have their own series of shenanigans to lay claim to.

The faster this all hits bottom, the better. Both parties and their supporters are criminal.

DDF

« Reply #1666 on: August 11, 2015, 11:28:23 AM »
By the way, far from being one to complain and not offer a solution;

The Democrats are all fatally flawed inasmuch as they depend on the government tit and though they say they don't, they are just as inclined to push their moral codes onto others (try hunting a lion or giraffe and posting pictures of it), whilst crying about religious ethics being thrust upon them.

The Conservatives cater to the ridiculously rich and are far from the patriots they believe themselves to be, because they have no problem sending jobs abroad.

Neither believe in freedom, not really.

Anarchy is freedom... it is a perfect state of chaos where everything is responsible for itself or dies. It's perfect.

The closer we can get to that, to the individual being responsible for the individual, the greater degree of freedom we will enjoy. The problem is that people don't really want freedom. They want safety and riches. When rich, they want to be richer and lazier.

Nature was never designed for that.

Get rid of both parties, impose term limits and free association, negate 95% of the laws on the books, arm yourselves and get rid of the police. Let foreign armies invade and kill them (if everyone is armed, it shouldn't be an issue.... not even Russia or the States can hammer a few mujahideen - The Bear Went Over the Mountain type of deal), and go back to the way things used to be before politics evolved. The Hammurabi was arguably the worlds first great mistake in that, it sought to control where control is not possible. Everything since then has been based on irresponsibility or a lie.

Most people couldn't hack it.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Valerie Jarret plays it both ways
« Reply #1667 on: August 11, 2015, 06:33:15 PM »
Valerie Jarrett, we hate the carried interest loophole - except when we save ourselves hundreds of thousands in taxes.
http://freebeacon.com/politics/valerie-jarrett-saved-200k-on-real-estate-deal-using-tax-loophole-she-opposes/

Fair to me to use the existing tax code, but imagine their attacks if it was a Republican doing it.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 07:18:59 PM by Crafty_Dog »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Cognitive Dissonance, Record of Failure, and Dispproval Ratings of His Glibness
« Reply #1669 on: August 23, 2015, 12:12:09 PM »
Two key determinants of the 2016 Presidential elections are a) the approval of the President and b) the perception of the performance of the economy coming into the election.  Both are currently tanking for the President.

For 6 1/2 years we have heard that the performance of the stock market somehow proves the economy is healthy and that Americans mostly approve of this President.  Whoops.  Down goes the market (http://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/21/all-three-major-indexes-are-having-worst-week-since-2011.html) and in a separate matter it looks like the President is again 10 points underwater in job (dis)approval in the last 4 major polls.

Gallup           8/20 - 8/22    42 Approve, 53 Disapprove.  Net:  -11
Rasmussen    8/18 - 8/20    44               54                           -10
Reuters/Ipsos 8/15 - 8/19   43               52                            -9
The Economist 8/15 - 8/17  43               53                           -10

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: August 23, 2015, 01:00:47 PM »
Wait until tomorrow.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: August 24, 2015, 06:19:08 AM »
"Wait until tomorrow"

Today it will be we need "Hillary" to save us.

Bad news too;  he returned from vacation so he can screw us even more.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: August 24, 2015, 08:44:38 AM »
"Wait until tomorrow"

Today it will be we need "Hillary" to save us.

Bad news too;  he returned from vacation so he can screw us even more.

Hillary will put the national debt on a server and....

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: August 27, 2015, 09:56:22 AM »
 :lol: :lol: :cry:

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
Obama's Latest Asinine Argument for Gun Control...
« Reply #1674 on: August 27, 2015, 01:59:47 PM »
THIS MAY BE OBAMA'S DUMBEST GUN CONTROL ARGUMENT YET

August 27, 2015  Daniel Greenfield   

And that's saying something.

Obama is determined to fight his gun control Jihad and attempted to exploit the racist murder of two white reporters by pushing his own political agenda in the dumbest way possible.

“It breaks my heart every time you read about or hear about these kinds of incidents,” Obama said. “What we know, is that the number of people who die from gun-related incidents around this country dwarfs any deaths that happen through terrorism.”

Since the set of people killed by guns includes terrorist attacks, this is a stupid and meaningless thing to say.

Obama could have equally said that more people are murdered than are murdered by terrorists. Or that more people died in wars than in WW2.

The various statistical attempts to minimize 9/11 that the left has been pushing all these years (more people die in car accidents in a year, etc) are obnoxious enough, but this is really aimed at liberals so stupid they have trouble walking upright.

Since gun-related incidents include suicides, Obama is giving us the incredible news that the total number of ways in which people are killed by guns is greater than any specific way they can be killed by guns.

Also the total number of ways in which people can die is greater than any specific way people can die, including gun-related incidents, therefore we shouldn't take them seriously, because despite Obama's Ivy League education, he has no concept of logical reasoning.

I'm not clear on the number of people who have been killed by carbon dioxide, but Obama has been turning the country upside down and destroying jobs even faster than usual fighting it. But if it kills fewer people than all the other gases combined, including it, we don't need to worry about it.

That's Obama logic. It's close enough for government work. Unfortunately.
"You have enemies?  Good.  That means that you have stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Obama throws Christian Refugees to Lions
« Reply #1676 on: September 28, 2015, 11:53:30 AM »
OBAMA THROWS CHRISTIAN REFUGEES TO LIONS
While America prepares to take in tens of thousands of Muslims, Obama is deporting Christians back to ISIS on a technicality.
September 28, 2015

Raymond Ibrahim

Raymond Ibrahim is a Shillman Fellow at the David Horowitz Freedom Center.
Originally published by the Gatestone Institute.

The fate of those Iraqi Christians who had fled from the Islamic State only to be incarcerated in the United States has finally been decided by the Obama administration: they are to be thrown back to the lions, where they will likely be persecuted if not slaughtered like so many Iraqi Christians before them.

Fifteen of the 27 Iraqi Christians that have been held at a detention center in Otay Mesa, California, for approximately six months, are set to be deported in the coming weeks. Some have already been deported and others are being charged with immigration fraud.

Many of the Iraqi Christian community in San Diego—including U.S. citizen family members vouching for the refugees—had hopes that they would eventually be released.  Mark Arabo, a spokesman for the Chaldean community, had argued that “They’ve escaped hell [IS]. Let’s allow them to reunite with their families.”  One of the detained women had begged to see her ailing mother before she died.  The mother died before they could reunite, and now the daughter is to be deported, possibly back to the hell of the Islamic State.

Why are Christian minorities, who are the most to suffer from the chaos engulfing the Middle East, the least wanted in the United States?

The answer is that the Obama administration defines refugees as people “persecuted by their government.”  In other words, the only “real” refugees are those made so due to the actions of Bashar Assad.  As for those who are being raped, slaughtered, and enslaved based on their religious identity by so-called “rebel” forces fighting Assad—including the Islamic State—their status as refugees is evidently considered dubious at best.

As Abraham H. Miller argues in “No room in America for Christian refugees”:  “What difference does it make which army imperils the lives of innocent Christians?  Christians are still be[ing] slaughtered for being Christian, and their government is incapable of protecting them. Does some group have to come along—as Jewish groups did during the Holocaust—and sardonically guarantee that these are real human beings?”

In fact, from the start of Western meddling in the Mideast in the context of the “Arab Spring,” Christians were demonized for being supportive of secular strongmen like Assad.   In a June 4, 2012 article discussing the turmoil in Egypt and Syria, the Independent’s Robert Fisk scoffed at how the Egyptian presidential candidate “Ahmed Shafiq, the Mubarak loyalist, [and rival to the Muslim Brotherhood’s Morsi] has the support of the Christian Copts, and Assad has the support of the Syrian Christians. The Christians support the dictators. Not much of a line, is it?”
More than three years later, the Western-supported “Arab Spring” proved an abysmal failure and the same Christian minorities that Fisk took to task were, as expected, persecuted in ways unprecedented in the modern era.

Even without defining refugees as people “persecuted by their government,” the Obama administration never seems to miss an opportunity to display its bias for Muslims against Christians.  The U.S. State Dept. is in the habit ofinviting scores of Muslim representatives but denying visas to solitary Christian representatives. 

While habitually ignoring the slaughter of Nigerian Christians at the hands of Boko Haram, the administration called for the “human rights” of the jihadi murderers.  And when persecuted Copts planned on joining the anti-Muslim Brotherhood revolution, Obama said no.  Then there is the fact that every Arab nation the Obama administration has meddled in—especially, Libya and Syria—has seen a dramatic nosedive in the human rights of Christian minorities.

The Obama administration’s bias is evident even regarding the Iraqi Christians’ illegal crossing of the U.S.-Mexico border, the occasion on which they were arrested. WND correctly observes: “At the same time the Obama administration [is] deporting Christians, it has over the years allowed in hundreds of Muslim migrants from Africa and the Middle East who crossed the Southern border the same way the Chaldeans did.”

Meanwhile, as the Obama administration nitpicks at the definition of refugee and uses it against severely persecuted Christian minorities, it turns out that four out of five migrants—or 80 percent—are not even from Syria.

And while Christian minorities pose little threat to the United States—indeed, they actually bring benefits to U.S. security—Muslims all around the U.S. are supporting the Islamic State and Muslim clerics are relying on the refugee influx to conquer Western nations, in the Islamic tradition of Hijra, or jihad by emigration.

As Koran 4:100 puts it: “And whoever emigrates for the cause of Allah will find on the earth many locations and abundance. And whoever leaves his home as an emigrant to Allah and His Messenger and then death overtakes him—his reward has already become incumbent upon Allah.”

In Islamic usage, the “cause of Allah” is synonymous with jihad to empower and enforce Allah’s laws on earth, or Sharia.  In this context, immigrating into Western lands is a win-win for Muslims: if they die in the process somehow, paradise is theirs; if they don’t, the “locations and abundance” of the West are theirs.

All the while, true Christian refugees, fleeing the same hostile Muslim forces being allowed to enter Europe and America by the thousands, are thrown back to the lions by the Obama administration.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Cognitive Dissonance of His Glibness - The UnTeachable President
« Reply #1677 on: September 30, 2015, 11:25:11 AM »
Pulitzer Prize winner Bret Stephens has an article today pointing out that the President who likes to talk about teachable moments is completely unteachable on foreign policy.  (He is unteachable on economics too) 

Excerpts:

"Recall that it wasn’t long ago that Mr. Obama took a sunnier view of world affairs. The tide of war wasreceding. Al Qaeda was on a path to defeat. ISIS was “a jayvee team” in “Lakers uniforms.” Iraq was an Obama administration success story. Bashar Assad’s days werenumbered. The Arab Spring was a rejoinder to, rather than an opportunity for, Islamist violence. The intervention in Libya was vindication for the “lead from behind” approach to intervention. The reset with Russia was a success, a position he maintained as late as September 2013. In Latin America, the “trend lines are good.”
It’s a remarkable record of prediction. One hundred percent wrong.

", the U.S. can relax because History is on our side, and the arc of history bends toward justice. Why waste your energies to fulfill a destiny that is already inevitable? And why get in the way of your adversary’s certain doom?

It’s easy to accept this view of life if you owe your accelerated good fortune to a superficial charm and understanding of the way the world works. It’s also easier to lecture than to learn, to preach than to act. History will remember Barack Obama as the president who conducted foreign policy less as a principled exercise in the application of American power than as an extended attempt to justify the evasion of it.

From Aleppo to Donetsk to Kunduz, people are living with the consequences of that evasion."

Bret Stephens, WSJ.com
-----------------------------------
Translation:

Aleppo is Syrian city under siege by ISIS.
Donetsk is a Soviet Russian controlled region of Ukraine.
Kunduz is a 300,000 population city in Afghanistan that fell Monday to the Taliban under Obama's retreat.
All happened while our President assured us that things were on the right track.

It is time to call out this President (and his former Secretary) on their abysmal record of failure.  His job approval from honest people should be zero.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Cognitive Dissonance of His Glibness, consumers will pay more for minimum wage
« Reply #1678 on: October 12, 2015, 07:43:40 AM »
Yes they will!   

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obama-customers-will-accept-paying-more-for-higher-minimum-wage/article/2573643?custom_click=rss

It would be fun to submit this paper to Econ professors for grading with the name President Obama removed from it anbd see who gives it a passing grade.

I thought that a government mandated minimum wage on private businesses was a just intended to force the presumed rich, greedy businesses to pay what they could easily afford to pay out of their wrongful profits.  Now proponents admit it is a tax on consumption.  Of course it is!  It is a tax on employment too.  You don't pay the minimum wage tax if you can automate instead and eliminate the job.  ANd you don't pay it if you close your doors instead.

Tax it and you will get less of it, Econ 101.  Less consumption, less employment, hiring, fewer businesses and fewer and fewer people getting and holding the so-called raise - more pay for the same level of work.

Of course it isn't a raise anyway, for anyone, if you have to pay more for everything you buy with it - even if you still had your job.

In that case under liberal-think (oxymoron), simply raise minimum wage again to afford the new, higher prices, and raise all other wages too to keep pace (and get less of them too!) and raise prices again, and repeat and repeat and repeat...

Back to the 70s...
(Bernie Sanders wants a top tax rate of 90% in Obama's third term and Hillary wants Executive power to shut down Congressional inquiries.)

And they say its Republicans who want to take us back in time.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Cognitive Dissonance of His Glibness - The UnTeachable President
« Reply #1679 on: October 12, 2015, 07:55:21 AM »
Pulitzer Prize winner Bret Stephens has an article today pointing out that the President who likes to talk about teachable moments is completely unteachable on foreign policy.  (He is unteachable on economics too) 

Excerpts:

"Recall that it wasn’t long ago that Mr. Obama took a sunnier view of world affairs. The tide of war wasreceding. Al Qaeda was on a path to defeat. ISIS was “a jayvee team” in “Lakers uniforms.” Iraq was an Obama administration success story. Bashar Assad’s days werenumbered. The Arab Spring was a rejoinder to, rather than an opportunity for, Islamist violence. The intervention in Libya was vindication for the “lead from behind” approach to intervention. The reset with Russia was a success, a position he maintained as late as September 2013. In Latin America, the “trend lines are good.”
It’s a remarkable record of prediction. One hundred percent wrong.

", the U.S. can relax because History is on our side, and the arc of history bends toward justice. Why waste your energies to fulfill a destiny that is already inevitable? And why get in the way of your adversary’s certain doom?

It’s easy to accept this view of life if you owe your accelerated good fortune to a superficial charm and understanding of the way the world works. It’s also easier to lecture than to learn, to preach than to act. History will remember Barack Obama as the president who conducted foreign policy less as a principled exercise in the application of American power than as an extended attempt to justify the evasion of it.

From Aleppo to Donetsk to Kunduz, people are living with the consequences of that evasion."

Bret Stephens, WSJ.com
-----------------------------------
Translation:

Aleppo is Syrian city under siege by ISIS.
Donetsk is a Soviet Russian controlled region of Ukraine.
Kunduz is a 300,000 population city in Afghanistan that fell Monday to the Taliban under Obama's retreat.
All happened while our President assured us that things were on the right track.

It is time to call out this President (and his former Secretary) on their abysmal record of failure.  His job approval from honest people should be zero.

His life as an affirmative action baby failed to prepare him for a world that didn't have white guilt.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: What kind of moron calls this a clock invention?
« Reply #1681 on: October 21, 2015, 06:29:06 AM »
http://allindiaroundup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Know-How-Ahmed-Mohammeds-Clock-Works-And-Pictures.png

Only the special kind of stupid found in our pResident and his cultists. It was a 70's era Radio Shack clock pulled from it's case and moved to a pencil case.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: October 21, 2015, 06:32:52 AM »
This kid's father certainly has done well for himself in America.   Yet he is so insulted.   Big deal.  Of course the left jumps on this arrest like it is important.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: October 21, 2015, 06:34:42 AM »
This kid's father certainly has done well for himself in America.   Yet he is so insulted.   Big deal.  Of course the left jumps on this arrest like it is important.

It was a CAIR psyop, and the lefty lemmings fell into place like the useful idiots they are.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: October 21, 2015, 06:43:38 AM »
GM says "It was a CAIR psyop, and the lefty lemmings fell into place like the useful idiots they are"

Agree.  The lefty lemmings are actively complicit and happy to portray Americans as bigoted so they can continue to import future Democrats into this county.

I forgot to post this about the old man who is playing it up for all it's worth.  Obviously he is a wheeling and dealing opportunist:

Muslims now playing the race card.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamed_Elhassan_Mohamed

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
HOAX/psyop from CAIR
« Reply #1685 on: October 21, 2015, 06:53:10 AM »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/09/hoax-exposed-muslim-student-ahmed-mohameds-briefcase-clock-is-1970s-digital-alarm-clock/

Unless he rode the short bus to school, young Haji knew that prying the guts out of an old clock and moving it to the pencil box doesn't meet the definition of invention.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: October 22, 2015, 06:52:41 AM »
Interesting CD.   I think anyone would agree that it is nothing short of ASTONISHING that no one from that class can remember him in any way though he is now the President.

Very strange indeed.

Does this guy remember any Muslim students?  It seems the only one or two people that seem to remember him but are for the most part staying mum are Muslim roommates.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
NY Post editorial; The fix was and will be in; Just listen carefully to
« Reply #1689 on: October 26, 2015, 05:18:20 PM »
 what Obama says:

******New York Post

The FBI & Hillary’s e-mails: A Lois Lerner precedent?

By Post Editorial Board

October 26, 2015 | 2:11pm

The FBI & Hillary’s e-mails: A Lois Lerner precedent? 

The fix was in: Lois Lerner will walk away scot-free.

On Friday, the Justice Department closed its two-year investigation into the Internal Revenue Service targeting of conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status and decided to charge . . . no one.

This, when Lerner admitted the IRS had singled out righty groups, but blamed the “absolutely inappropriate” actions on “front-line people” — that is, lower-level folks. And then refused to answer more questions by pleading the Fifth.

Questions about, say, her orders to hold up applications from any outfit with “Tea Party” or “patriot” in its name.

In a letter Friday, Justice told Congress: “We found no evidence that any IRS official acted based on political, discriminatory, corrupt or other inappropriate motives that would support a criminal prosecution.”

In other words, exactly what President Obama ordered up — er, predicted. Back when the “investigation” had barely started, Obama told Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly there wasn’t “even a smidgen of corruption” in the case. On “The Daily Show,” he explained that the “real scandal” is that the IRS lacks the budget to do more audits.

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), a member of the House Oversight Committee, notes: “Here’s a lady who systematically and for a sustained period of time targeted people for exercising their most fundamental rights, their First Amendment free-speech rights. … The chief investigator, the chief lawyer assigned to the Justice Department to evaluate this, was Barbara Bosserman — a maxed-out contributor to the president’s campaign.”

“So it shouldn’t be any surprise the Justice Department said there’s nothing wrong here. But the American people know that there is.”

Wondering what the FBI probe will conclude about Hillary Clinton’s use of a private account and server for all her State Department e-mails? Well, Obama already told CBS’s Steve Kroft that it didn’t make for a “national security problem. . . I can tell you that this is not a situation in which America’s national security was endangered.”

If the Lois Lerner case is any precedent, the FBI might as well wrap up its Clinton probe right now.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:29:09 AM by Crafty_Dog »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Remember when Obama ended the war in Iraq?
« Reply #1691 on: October 28, 2015, 11:26:43 AM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
2004 debate between Obama and Alan Keyes
« Reply #1692 on: November 10, 2015, 01:16:09 PM »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: November 16, 2015, 09:34:57 AM »
The attacks in Paris are "a setback"

"I haven't seen anyone with a plan"

- Read the forum, Mr. President.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The Cognitive Dissonance of His Glibness, and cabinet
« Reply #1695 on: November 17, 2015, 07:12:03 AM »
John Kerry said:  We are all Pah-reee-zhans now.

Should have said:  We are all Israelis now.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The Cognitive Dissonance of His Glibness, and cabinet
« Reply #1696 on: November 17, 2015, 08:18:09 AM »
John Kerry said:  We are all Pah-reee-zhans now.

Should have said:  We are all Israelis now.

Only right wing Americans feel an alliance with Israel. This president and his administration are waging a Cold War against Israel.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The Cognitive Dissonance of His Glibness and "The Haters"
« Reply #1697 on: November 19, 2015, 08:47:08 AM »
Regarding reluctance to settle Syrian refugees in the US:

Are we haters?  No.  We are managing risk, like everyone does and like the President should be doing.

- A point made by Glenn Beck on radio today.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile