Author Topic: Immigration issues  (Read 617876 times)

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
STAND FIRM !
« Reply #1400 on: June 19, 2018, 01:35:31 PM »
"  Funny that this 'scandal' broke simultaneously with the feared IG report exposing the phony Hillary investigation. "

The "humanitarian crises "on our border may be the post IG report diversion but I think the SDNY AG lawsuits was geared along with the NYC -DC  JURNOlisters as the diversion for that.

This made up crises is to put pressure on the Repub legislators now "working" on immigration to make bigger concessions.

The cowards (or bribed by lobbyists) almost certainly will.

Who else watched the ver sun tanned Brooke Baldwin shoving down the throat of an Border Patrol Official this afternoon the question "what do think about that tape of the wailing child ?

If this in NOT JORNOlister DEM Party conspiracy I don't know what is.

When I heard the question all I could think is the answer should be that kids parents should be ashamed at putting him or her in that situation.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 02:45:42 PM by ccp »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Immigration, STAND FIRM! Add child endangerment charges to it
« Reply #1401 on: June 20, 2018, 08:12:31 AM »
ccp:  "When I heard the question all I could think is the answer should be that kids parents should be ashamed at putting him or her in that situation."
-----------------------------------------------------------

If you knowingly put your child in that kind of danger here, you will be criminally charged for it, child endangerment, and the children go into foster care until the criminal and civil matters are resolved.

Child endangerment occurs whenever a parent, guardian, or other adult caregiver allows a child to be placed or remain in a dangerous, unhealthy, or inappropriate situation...  Child endangerment is a crime in every state.
https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/criminal-defense/criminal-offense/child-endangerment.htm

Children determined to be in need of protective services...must be in foster care
http://www.mncourts.gov/Help-Topics/Child-in-Need-of-Protection-or-Services-(CHIPS).aspx

If we endanger our kids, we lose them until the issues are resolved to the satisfaction of a court and a judge.  If they endanger their kids, we are required to build hotels for them so that there is no separation and they can be housed comfortably together indefinitely at no cost to them.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Immigration issues
« Reply #1402 on: June 20, 2018, 09:00:11 AM »
Doug writes :

Child endangerment occurs whenever a parent, guardian, or other adult caregiver allows a child to be placed or remain in a dangerous, unhealthy, or inappropriate situation...  Child endangerment is a crime in every state.
https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/criminal-defense/criminal-offense/child-endangerment.htm

Doug ,
you are EXACTLY right .  this is a crime . I just reviewed a child abuse and neglect course for my PA license (I have themm in 18 states)
and leaving a child exposed in this way would call for immediate action on a health professionals part to call the state or county agency that has jurisdiction .

I forgot about this.  Yet the Lib onslaught is this is Trump and Republicans fault all these kids are being dumped at our feet some of whom will hook up with gangs at a later date.

We need to do our best to should the LEFT down though since they control 905 of the media it would be tough.

Screw people like the girly Schwartzenegger and this ex Bush guy Stephen Schmidt who conveniently switches to the Dem Party because of Trump.
Tells us how phony this ex  Bush guy is  for stating he will  joining a party that has raced completely off the left side of the charts.

I guess he needs a job and positions are wide open and paying well for any one reputed to be a Repub who is willing to denounce Trump - the only guy since Reagan who was really conservative in his policies . 

Like I said Bush 1 gave us the Clintons and 2 gave us Barry and 3 would have given as a nation that would have put the Dem Party in permanent control by flooding the country with people who are not like out forefathers immigrants (some are actually but they wait in line)

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: June 20, 2018, 10:16:00 AM »
Yes, it's all about flooding the country with a 3rd world underclass to give the left a permanent domination of electoral votes.

Kate Steinle's parents had their daughter permanently separated from them. Funny how that didn't bother the left at all.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: June 20, 2018, 02:06:31 PM »
Trump will find signing an executive order will not placate the LEft but will embolden them.

That said can we move on to enforcing the border and our laws.  If Trump can't do it then NO one will. 

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Seattle Times Editorial: Jailing Families together is not immigration reform
« Reply #1405 on: June 21, 2018, 06:43:01 AM »
Doug:  Yes it is, for now.
The whole plan:
1.  Jail, bounce back, deter and deport all new illegal entrants.
2.  Build the wall already and staff it.
3.  Reform legal immigration. Merit based, American industry needs based, measured numbers from different places - that assimilate.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Living on the magic soil hasn't worked yet
« Reply #1408 on: June 22, 2018, 06:10:55 AM »
https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/muslim-migrant-violence-comes-to-maine/

Muslim Migrant Violence Comes to Maine
 BY ROBERT SPENCER JUNE 19, 2018 CHAT 363 COMMENTS

(AP Photo/Petros Karadjias)

The migrant violence that is becoming a feature of daily life in Sweden, Germany, France and elsewhere in Europe is now coming to the United States. Did we think we would be immune?

Maine’s Sun Journal reported last week that a “melee” broke out near Kennedy Park in Lewiston, Maine, initiated by “at least two dozen teenagers, preteens and adults.” This mob was made up of Somali Muslim migrants: News Center Maine reports: “[A]ccording to family members, the fight was between white and Somali members of the Lewiston community.” Our immigration chickens are, as the Rev. Jeremiah Wright would say, home to roost.

The Sun Journal reported that the incident began when “gunfire from BB and pellet guns erupted from the open windows of a black car driving north on Bates Street.” Lewiston resident Nicholas Vinciguerra and friends “confronted the youths in the car and asked them why they had shot at them. Suddenly, the three men were surrounded by roughly 30 people swinging sticks, baseball bats, and other weapons, Vinciguerra said. ‘You could see they were swinging for the fences,’ he said.”

“They had bats and sticks and rocks and steel pipes,” said one eyewitness. “They had everything. They were just coming in by the dozens. There were maybe 30 of them and eight of us. It was just a brawl. A bloodbath.” One of the victims, a 38-year-old man named Donald Giusti, died of his injuries.

One Lewiston resident noted that there had been other incidents, but nothing had been done: “It’s like the police are scared. But they need to put a stop to it or there are going to be riots.”

Said Vinciguerra: “I just want my town to be the way it used to be, where you could go out your door and go for a walk at 9 o’clock at night and not have to worry.”

That peace is unlikely to return to Lewiston anytime soon. In response to the unrest, Lewiston Mayor Shane Bouchard is full of the usual politically correct doubletalk:

Kennedy Park is a large common space in the middle of some of the poorest census tracts in the Northeast. When you have large, diverse groups of people in the same place you are bound to have incidents. Lewiston is no different in that respect than any other medium to large city, except that Lewiston’s violent crime rate is one of the lowest in Maine.
It’s not going to stay low for much longer.

But Bouchard is full of hope. Referring to the new Somali Muslim migrant residents of Lewiston in the most delicate and indirect manner possible, he said: “Our community resource officers are reaching out to the leaders in our new Mainer community. While we are fighting a cultural barrier, outreach to these groups has been successful in the past, and we are hopeful we can make some progress.”

Yes, outreach to the Muslim community will fix it. So many have placed so much hope on this outreach -- not just in Lewiston, Maine, but all across the country, as well as in Canada and Western Europe.

If they had a better knowledge of history, they might not be so sanguine. In my new book The History of Jihad From Muhammad to ISIS, the first and only comprehensive history of fourteen centuries of jihad worldwide, I prove definitively that that there has never been a period since the beginning of Islam that was characterized by large-scale peaceful coexistence between Muslims and non-Muslims, living together in harmony as equals. There was no time when mainstream and dominant Islamic authorities taught the equality of non-Muslims with Muslims, or the obsolescence of jihad warfare. There was no Era of Good Feeling, no Golden Age of Tolerance, no Paradise of Proto-Multiculturalism. There has always been, with virtually no interruption, jihad.

For years now, the U.S. has been importing entire communities from jihadi hotspots such as Somalia and Iraq, and placing them in middle-sized American cities such as Lewiston, Maine, certain that “diversity” will triumph. But will it? How can we be so sure, when, as I demonstrate in The History of Jihad, there are simply no historical precedents for the kind of society that the Left is trying to build in the West by means of mass Muslim migration?

It is much more likely that we will see more conflict like what has been happening at Kennedy Park in Lewiston, Maine, than that we all march together into the glorious multicultural future.

That old adage about having to repeat the past that one does not remember has seldom, if ever, carried such a sting. As we repeat the past that we have forgotten in this case, the nation we leave to our children and our children’s children will be engulfed in bloodshed and chaos.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: June 22, 2018, 07:45:33 AM »
An earlier post cites:

"It is unwise to release detained individuals into the United States, because they are then very likely to abscond into the interior and fail to appear for their immigration hearing. “Over the past 20 years, 37 percent of all aliens free pending their trials – 918,098 out of 2,498,375 – never showed for court.”3

I confess this surprises me greatly.  I thought the number of no-shows was well over 90%?

Can we come up with some hard data on this please?

I'm in the middle of a FB battle and could really use it!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: June 22, 2018, 12:24:35 PM »
Starting the answer:

"Over the past 20 years, 37 percent of all aliens free pending their trials — 918,098 out of 2,498,375 — never showed for court. Courtrooms, like borders, are porous. On average, 46,000 people each year vanished from proceedings created specifically for those claiming persecution in the lands they called home. Few things diminish a court system more. "Failures to appear", write court observers, "undermine the integrity of the justice system" and "erode the respect that an independent judiciary deserves."More than respect was eroded, though. Enforcement was disabled."

"The courts' most recent annual report provides a telling example of this institutional misguidance. Here's how they did it. Conceding 38,229 aliens ran from court in 2015, court executives didn't compare the runaways to all aliens free pending trial, i.e. 38,229 ÷ 88,868 = 43 percent. Instead, they added all aliens in detention to the denominator, so the equation was 38,229 ÷ 139,048 (88,868 aliens free pending trial + 50,180 aliens in detention) = 27 percent.54 Nowhere in 20 years of annual reports are direct comparisons ever made between aliens free before trial who fled court vs. all aliens free before trial. Using this method, the courts minimized failures to appear in 2015 and every year reported back to 1996 and in the process hid the fact that nearly two-fifths of all those released on their own recognizance never made it to court"

https://cis.org/Report/Courting-Disaster

===============

Even this surprises me.  I thought the no-show rate was over 90% , , ,

This catches me attention "Nowhere in 20 years of annual reports are direct comparisons ever made between aliens free before trial who fled court vs. all aliens free before trial."
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 12:32:02 PM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

"A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE TO THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT FAMILY CONTROVERSY
BY Kevin Ryan

President Trump today has signed an order to keep illegal immigrant families together (though it will almost certainly face legal challenges). The move comes after a political backlash over the detention of minors whose parents had brought them over the border illegally. Critics, media outlets, and immigrant advocacy groups have for weeks now been making frenzied comparisons to Nazi concentration camps, slavery, and human rights abuses. “Fact check” websites have even made false statements and misleading narratives. Here are the real facts.

IS THERE A LAW BEHIND THE DETENTIONS? Yes, there are several. 8 U.S. Code § 1325, “Improper entry by alien”, says that any alien who illegally enters the United States shall be imprisoned for up to 6 months and/or fined for their first violation. The fine and prison sentence increase to up to 2 years in jail for each subsequent violation. When an illegal immigrant (or anyone, for that matter) is criminally charged and imprisoned, their children are necessarily separated, because children are not allowed to accompany adults to prison. That goes for any crime requiring detention or imprisonment in America. This has always been the case, under Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1325

THEN WHY WEREN’T PEOPLE UP IN ARMS DURING THE OBAMA YEARS? They were, when President Obama actually arrested illegals. But he mostly ignored the law. From 2010 through 2016, out of 2,362,966 adults apprehended at the southern border, only 492,970, or 21%, were referred for prosecution:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2018/06/19/the-facts-about-trumps-policy-of-separating-families-at-the-border/.

Obama instead adopted a “catch-and-release” policy, in which most illegal migrants who were caught were released with a notice to appear in immigration court. The Obama administration also specifically did not arrest illegals who were accompanied by minors, in part fearing the political ramifications of having to house children while accommodations were made to deport or release them to relatives. This policy, as well as a 2015 court ruling that said illegals with minors could only be detained for 20 days, resulted in a huge surge of migrants crossing the border with children.

According to The New York Times, “Migrants were increasingly exploiting existing immigration laws and court rulings, and using children as a way to get adults into the country, on the theory that families were being treated differently from single people“:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/16/us/politics/family-separation-trump.html

Apprehensions of people traveling in families jumped from 40,000 in FY 2015 to 78,000 in FY 2016—a 95% increase: https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/family-separation-and-zero-tolerance-policies-rolled-out-stem-unwanted-migrants-may-face

HOW DID POLICY CHANGE UNDER TRUMP? This past April, the Trump Administration announced that it would no longer selectively ignore the illegal immigration law, and would instead prosecute 100% of border-crossing offenses. One reason for the measure: people convicted and deported under the illegal immigration law are less likely to return, since a second conviction increases the potential jail sentence from 6 months, to up to 2 years: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1325. A conviction also puts severe restrictions on the ability to become a legal resident someday. These are the deterrent effects the administration referred to.

WHAT WAS THE RESULT? Arresting all adults who cross the border illegally, regardless of whether they were with children, created a surge in “unaccompanied alien minors” separated from their parents, because people detained for prosecution are not allowed to be jailed with their children in America. Nearly 2,000 immigrant children were separated from parents during six weeks in April and May.

WHAT HAPPENS TO ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT CHILDREN WHEN THEIR PARENTS OR GUARDIANS ARE ARRESTED? There are a myriad of laws and bureaucratic regulations in place regulating what happens to unaccompanied alien minors. They were in place long before President Trump came into office, and they are the same ones followed by President Obama: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1232

• Children from contiguous countries (Mexico or Canada) are screened by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and, if no signs of trafficking or fear of persecution are reported, may be summarily returned to their home country pursuant to negotiated repatriation agreements.

• Children from non-contiguous countries cannot be placed into expedited removal proceedings. CBP must transfer custody of these children to Health and Human Services’s Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) within 72 hours. The government is required to place these children with family members in the U.S. whenever possible. Some children have no relatives available, and in those cases the government may keep them in ORR shelters for longer periods of time while suitable sponsors are identified and vetted. Once a sponsor is found, the minor is released to await immigration court proceedings.

WHICH PARTY WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR PASSAGE OF THESE LAWS GOVERNING THE HANDLING OF MINORS?

The president has claimed that Democrats are to blame for the law. That’s not strictly true. The law that addresses how U.S. Immigration officials must handle unaccompanied minors is the Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008, which codified the 1997 Flores Settlement. A history of its evolution can be found here:

https://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2016/07/06/15-56434.pdf.

It passed a Democratic congress by unanimous consent before being signed into law by President George W. Bush:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/110th-congress/house-bill/7311.

The law lapsed in 2011, but was re-passed as an amendment to the 2013 Violence Against Women Act reauthorization. At the time, Democrats unanimously supported the bill, while many Republicans voted against it, but not because of its measures regarding unaccompanied illegal minors. President Obama signed it into law:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/senate-bill/47

WHAT ABOUT THOSE CHILDREN PHOTOGRAPHED CRYING IN A CAGE? WHO WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT? The viral photo of a child crying in a cage that outraged so many people is actually not from a government shelter, but instead is from a protest against them. At a June 10 protest in Dallas against White House immigration policies, protesters set up their own cage, and placed children in it to call attention to their cause. A photograph of one of the children crying in the cage was mistakenly or misleadingly shared as if it were from one of the facilities: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/06/19/fact-check-border-detention-children/716016002/

WHAT HAPPENS GOING FORWARD? Today, President Trump signed an order allowing families to be housed together even while adults in the family are being detained or prosecuted for crossing the U.S. border illegally. It’s a benefit not offered to any other people in America, even citizens, who are detained on criminal charges. It should at least temporarily solve the issue of separated families, while still allowing the Administration to pursue its “zero-tolerance” policy of criminally charging everyone who enters the country illegally. That said, expect lawsuits to challenge it, and perhaps legislation to codify it. https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/affording-congress-opportunity-address-family-separation/

OTHER SOURCES: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/16/us/politics/family-separation-trump.html
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2018/jun/19/matt-schlapp/no-donald-trumps-separation-immigrant-families-was/
http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/crime-enter-illegally.html
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/toddler-cage-photo/
https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/research/guide-children-arriving-border-laws-policies-and-responses
http://time.com/5314769/family-separation-policy-donald-trump/

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: June 23, 2018, 04:03:59 AM »
Good post CD.  Good synopsis of what led to where we are.

WAs there any source about Dems handing out voter cards to everyone released into the US ?  :roll:

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
question
« Reply #1415 on: June 27, 2018, 03:01:28 PM »
How does abolishing immigration enforcement help Puerto Ricans?

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-democrat-abolish-ice-platform/

Thats it : shoot youselves in the foot to spite Republicans.    :wink:

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Dems back stupid Feinstein Bill
« Reply #1417 on: July 13, 2018, 07:13:05 PM »
The Democratic Senate Immigration Disaster
Originally published at Fox News

Republicans have the chance to secure a significant victory in the U.S. Senate this fall – largely because the Democrats’ radical immigration positions could lead to their catastrophic downfall.

As more and more Democrats throw their support behind so-called sanctuary cities, abolishing U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and promoting open borders, more and more Americans are expressing their vehement opposition to these positions.

Most recently, in their fervor over the child detention issue, every Senate Democrat scrambled to co-sponsor Senator Dianne Feinstein’s Keep Families Together Act (partly to rebuke the president and partly to appease the growing radical wing of the Democratic party) despite the bill proposing half-baked, open-border policies that very few Americans support.

Gabriel Malor wrote an eye-opening piece for The Federalist describing how devasting the Feinstein bill would truly be for our country it were passed. Malor notes that, “Every Senate Democrat has now signed on to cosponsor a bill written so carelessly that it does not distinguish between migrant children at the border and U.S. citizen children already within the United States. The bill further does not distinguish between federal officers handling the border crisis and federal law enforcement pursuing the ordinary course of their duties.”

The bill would negatively impact virtually the entire United States because it sloppily defines its geographic scope as “at or near the port of entry or within 100 miles of the border.” As Malor pointed out, “That’s roughly two-thirds of the U.S. population. Even more live near ports of entry, including in places far from the border crisis, like Salt Lake City, Utah (nearly 700 miles from the nearest border crossing), Tulsa, Oklahoma (more than 600 miles from the nearest border crossing), and Nashville, Tennessee (nearly 600 miles from the nearest border crossing). All major U.S. metropolitan areas fall within either 100 miles of the border or are near a port of entry or both.”

A recent Harvard-Harris Poll conducted by Mark Penn (who is not Republican) clearly shows that most Americans overwhelmingly disagree with the radical Democratic immigration agenda. To illustrate just how wide this gulf is, I’ve included the below chart that describes the percentage results of Penn’s poll by issue (click the image for a larger view).

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Repubs: lets increase immigration even more
« Reply #1418 on: July 28, 2018, 10:43:32 AM »
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/07/immigration-dhs-appropriations-bill-bad-amendment/

:x

Trump can't do it by himself.

They should also enforce any caucasians who are here illegally.  And highlight it ain't about "your language or race"
If you are here illegally -> then  out.

That would counter the Left's claim it is white racists blah blah blah.
Which it isn't.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
WSJ: Immigration issues in Germany
« Reply #1419 on: August 15, 2018, 06:23:30 AM »
 Immigrants, With Their Split Identities, Trigger Soul-Searching in Germany
Debate on a new immigration bill is heightening political tensions and challenging decades-old attitudes regarding nationality and ethnicity
The Neukölln neighborhood in Berlin is one of the city’s most diverse districts. Lena Mucha for The Wall Street Journal
By Bojan Pancevski
Aug. 15, 2018 8:00 a.m. ET

BERLIN— Düzen Tekkal and her family had put on their best clothes for the naturalization ceremony. But when her father expressed his joy at becoming German, the presiding civil servant said, “You are not German—you only have citizenship.”

Ms. Tekkal was 8 years old at the time, the daughter of Yazidi immigrants from Turkey. Now she is an author, the head of a charity and a contributor to a social-media movement known as #MeTwo—a play on the #MeToo controversy and the split identities of many immigrants—that is raising awareness about discrimination in Germany.

The movement has ignited a furious debate just as lawmakers gear up to consider landmark legislation aimed at regulating economic immigration and helping immigrants integrate into German society—pushed by a party that made passage a condition of joining conservatives in Chancellor Angela Merkel’s fragile ruling coalition.

“It took an eternity for the conservatives to admit that Germany is a land of immigration. People from Turkey, Spain, Italy, Greece and so on came to our country to help us rebuild it, but they had a difficult time integrating here,” said Sebastian Hartmann, a lawmaker with the Social Democrats and co-author of the bill.

The #MeTwo debate and the pending legislation are challenging complex, decades-old attitudes in Germany regarding nationality and ethnicity, and raising questions about Germans’ willingness and capacity to integrate foreigners and their descendants.

Germany needs to attract workers as the current population ages, according to economists who say the country must lure at least 400,000 skilled outsiders a year to maintain economic growth.

Already, nearly a quarter of Germany’s 82 million people have at least one immigrant parent who was born without German citizenship, according to 2017 figures. And the country takes in almost as many newcomers a year as the U.S., mostly European Union nationals who are free to work across the bloc and asylum seekers who can’t be turned back under international law.

But the admission of nearly two million refugees since 2015 has heightened political tension, boosting far-right parties and weakening established parties, including Ms. Merkel’s.

Germany has never had a coherent set of laws enabling non-Europeans to settle for work. There is a political tradition that sees Germany as a temporary home for some categories of foreigners but not as a land of permanent immigration.

“German identity is still linked to ethnicity here and that needs to change urgently, because it simply does not allow others to fit in,” said Ali Can, an activist of Turkish-Kurdish descent who runs a hotline for migrants and is the initiator of the #MeTwo movement.

The tradition of connecting nationality and ethnic background has its roots in the origin of the German nation, which unlike the U.S. or post-revolutionary France wasn’t founded around political ideals but on ethnicity and language. It has shaped the legal system—Germany, with some exceptions, doesn’t recognize dual citizenship—and even language—as in the term Biodeutsche, or organic Germans, often used as shorthand for citizens of Germanic stock. And Gastarbeiter, or guest workers, was a term officially used to refer to immigrants from countries such as Turkey, who were invited by the German government to help rebuild the post-WWII economy but were then expected to leave.

“Germany is not a classic immigration country, and it also cannot become one due to its historical, geographic and social circumstances,” the conservatives said in a 2001 policy paper.

Critics from across the political spectrum now say such views are out of sync with reality. Germany’s political discourse on immigration was “long designed to avoid the statement of fact: We need immigration for the job market and because of our demographic decline,” said Petra Bendel of the Expert Council of German Foundations on Integration and Migration, a think tank. Some 1.2 million jobs stand vacant in Germany, she said.

The bill backed by the Social Democrats would set criteria for non-Europeans who want to work in Germany, and establish a point-based system designed to attract skilled workers. Modeled on legislation in countries such as Canada, the new system would consider the needs of employers and cut red tape for foreign workers needed for the booming German job market.

As part of the deliberations on the new legislation, the conservatives are discussing a controversial initiative, backed by the Social Democrats, to give work permits to some rejected asylum seekers who speak German and have skills needed by the job market. There are around 200.000 such rejected migrants, according to official estimates.

The chancellor’s cabinet is expected to debate the bill this month before it goes to parliament in the fall. Ms. Merkel has said she wants the law to come into force at the latest within two years.

Some conservatives, however, see political risks. After the refugee crisis, the Alternative for Germany, or AfD—a fringe group built largely around opposition to the EU—recast itself as an anti-immigration voice and became the main opposition force in parliament. It is now polling at 17%.

AfD leaders used the recent controversy around Mesut Özil , a celebrated soccer player of Turkish descent, for their campaign against migration. Mr. Özil resigned from the German national team last month after his appearance in a pre-election photo with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan caused an uproar in Germany. Mr. Erdogan is a controversial figure due to his autocratic policies, and critics attacked Mr. Özil for expressing allegiance to a strongman leader of a foreign country.

Some activists such as Ms. Tekkal, who is a member of Ms. Merkel’s conservative party, said migrants should also take responsibility for their integration. She advocates what she calls a “healthy constitutional patriotism” centered not around nationalism or ethnic exclusivity but values such as freedom of speech, democracy and secularism.

She said immigrants want to feel like they belong, and cited the case of Mr. Özil, who expressed loyalty to both Germany and Turkey.

“Erdogan is better than we are in wooing young Germans of Turkish origin,” she said. He presents himself as the father of a nation who is embracing them, she added. “We have underestimated the attraction of this.”

Write to Bojan Pancevski at bojan.pancevski@wsj.com

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
teach illegals to get your enrollment numbers up
« Reply #1421 on: August 19, 2018, 04:00:59 PM »
for more Fed tax dollars:

https://www.westernjournal.com/texas-school-district-prepping-send-teachers-migrant-shelters/

It never ends.

Keep encouraging them to come.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
gotta love this one
« Reply #1422 on: August 20, 2018, 05:54:49 PM »
U of Penn  lawyer in immigration law, blames her employer for overstaying her visa :

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/immigration-lawyer-deport-university-of-pennsylvania-20180819.html

I say adios...

rickn

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: August 21, 2018, 03:44:54 PM »
Illegal alien charged with murdering the Iowa girl who disappeared last month.  Developing ...

Apparently, he confessed.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: August 21, 2018, 09:20:57 PM »
Illegal alien charged with murdering the Iowa girl who disappeared last month.  Developing ...

Apparently, he confessed.

The MSM will now try to make the story go missing.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1425 on: August 21, 2018, 09:23:23 PM »
Yup.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: August 22, 2018, 06:49:30 AM »
This doesn't mean all Mexicans or all illegals are rapists. It doesn't change the crime that she is young and pretty, or white or somebody's daughter. But it is a gruesome crime that would not have happened if this one person had been apprehended and deported sooner.

He was a criminal under US law before he committed this rape and this murder.

Rivera 24 had been living illegally in the area for 4 to 7 years. Dreamer?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 07:22:03 AM by DougMacG »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: September 05, 2018, 06:01:07 PM »
The Dems keeping fighting "lurch to the right"
by brining in more likely leftist and identity politics voters

And the likes of McCain just keep agreeing with them.

yea yea yea we are a nation of immigrants
but we don't have to be country that wants to end the nation state

and the immigrants today are not like those of 75 yrs ago

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: September 05, 2018, 06:15:43 PM »
The Dems keeping fighting "lurch to the right"
by brining in more likely leftist and identity politics voters

And the likes of McCain just keep agreeing with them.

yea yea yea we are a nation of immigrants
but we don't have to be country that wants to end the nation state

and the immigrants today are not like those of 75 yrs ago

There is a difference between immigrants and colonists. More and more, we have colonists entering this country, legally and illegally.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Immigration issues, half speak other than English at home in u.s. largest cities
« Reply #1430 on: September 20, 2018, 09:20:05 AM »
 “In America's five largest cities, 48 percent of residents now speak a language other than English at home. In New York City and Houston it is 49 percent; in Los Angeles it is 59 percent; in Chicago it is 36 percent; and in Phoenix it is 38 percent.”
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/nearly-half-in-top-5-u-s-cities-dont-speak-english-at-home-record-67-million

E pluribus pluribus.
Out of many, many.  
NOT the motto of the US!

Try calling the City of Minneapolis and listen for your language,
612 673 3000. We are lucky to still have English as a choice.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 09:34:39 AM by DougMacG »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
at least 22 milllon ; maybe 30
« Reply #1432 on: September 22, 2018, 08:55:01 AM »
"The population of undocumented immigrants is widely thought to be around 11.3 million. But the study, which was conducted by three Yale-affiliated researchers, indicates that the total may be more than 22 million. Even the authors were surprised by their findings."

I would have been surprised if it was NOT 20 + million.  Here is NJ EVERY fast food restaurant has Latinos working at them and other restaurants they are the busboys etc.
Many construction companies landscapers and the rest we have all seen.  Many of the legal immigrants have their parents here and many are on Medicare .  Many Asians here illegally or overstaying their Visas.

There is no enforcement.   Everyone can see that . 

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: September 22, 2018, 09:53:30 PM »
We need to spread word and URL of this study far and wide!

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 05:19:30 AM by DougMacG »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: September 23, 2018, 08:54:42 AM »
"Maybe this number is off by just as much, measuring the impossible to measure."

The real number is impossible to know.   The Left will not allow anyone to track , the Republicans do not have the guts to do anything about it

and are often with the Chamber of Commerce so I agree , it is possible there may even be 40 million in the US at this time.  But 10 or 11 million - no way.     :wink:

That has been the same number for how many yrs now? 

Anyone and everyone can see there are so many more people who are from other countries and they cannot all be here legally.

Until we go after the employers we are unlikely to get this under control.  OTOH I don't know how we can go after the employers.  I don't know that ID cards can fix this and simply fakes will be sold on black market .  A human data bank of finger prints retina scans?  I would think both Left and Right would have reasons to fight this.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
ways to discourage the illegals
« Reply #1437 on: October 22, 2018, 04:43:32 AM »
https://www.breitbart.com/radio/2018/10/21/immigration-expert-jessica-vaughan-four-ways-trump-can-solve-migrant-caravan-crisis/

Instead of centers where they get food and shelter
there should be jails waiting for them
If they are pregnant they can get a midwife who will deliver while in jail
on barges on the Rio Grande - not on US soil
no schooling

The entertainment would be speeches by the Bush family - winning their hearts and minds - to be future Republicans

:roll:

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: ways to discourage the illegals
« Reply #1438 on: October 23, 2018, 07:15:58 AM »
https://www.breitbart.com/radio/2018/10/21/immigration-expert-jessica-vaughan-four-ways-trump-can-solve-migrant-caravan-crisis/

Instead of centers where they get food and shelter
there should be jails waiting for them
If they are pregnant they can get a midwife who will deliver while in jail
on barges on the Rio Grande - not on US soil
no schooling

The entertainment would be speeches by the Bush family - winning their hearts and minds - to be future Republicans

:roll:

It wouldn't be hard for the US military to create a security zone on Mexican soil.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
strategy of labelling the illegals as criminals
« Reply #1439 on: October 23, 2018, 09:03:00 AM »
While no fan of Flake I happen to agree with him here.  I *never" liked the strategy of labelling all of them with a  "criminals" and *ms 13* and *al qaeda types* brush.
Why can't we simply say people have no right to walk into our country and overstay our visas against our laws and the toleration of this has to end?
We all know most are Burger King cashiers, diner busboys, and landscapers and baby sitters for the elites anyway .

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/10/22/watch-jeff-flake-trump-wrong-to-emphasize-criminals-among-caravan/

If Dems take the House forgettabout it all .  There will never be any enforcement (except by executive order)
We already lost numerous states to immigration and are on verge to lose more , Calif, Colorado, New Mexico , and more.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 04:56:41 PM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Germany's fustercluck
« Reply #1442 on: October 30, 2018, 07:42:40 AM »
Pasting Doug's  Euro thread article here as well:

Note that it is from 2015.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/09/germany-merkel-refugee-asylum/405058/

Among several points of interest, note the distinction between refugees and asylum seekers.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Germany's fustercluck
« Reply #1443 on: October 30, 2018, 08:01:32 AM »
"Note that it is from 2015."
https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/09/germany-merkel-refugee-asylum/405058/

Thanks Crafty.  I added (2015) to that post.  The point of posting the older article was that this crisis has been brewing for a long time, anyone could see it coming.  What did she think would happen?  Million(s) of non-Germans come in, let's say 10%  of them radicalized Islamists, maybe 30% more with sympathies that direction.  The come where they will receive among the greatest welfare benefits in the world.  And the leader believes they will come in, assimilate, learn the language and customs, contribute, produce, respect western culture, live in peace? 

If she didn't see that coming, we did.

Same or similar goes for the US with 22 million or more non-Americans, non-immigrants invading.  More coming.  Except we already elected the anti-Merkel.

Generous welfare system, open borders, if you are Leftist - pick only one of those.  For the rest of us, choose neither.

If you are a Leftist like Obama and don't want events like Trump and the deplorables winning your elections, ... govern better.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: October 30, 2018, 09:49:43 AM »
"this crisis has been brewing for a long time, anyone could see it coming"

Yup.

Certainly we here have, and have done our best to raise the alarm.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Chain Babies
« Reply #1445 on: October 30, 2018, 03:23:29 PM »
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 09:58:36 PM by Crafty_Dog »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Daniel Horowitz on the Constitution and birth right citzenship
« Reply #1446 on: October 30, 2018, 03:53:41 PM »
https://www.conservativereview.com/news/the-originalist-case-against-birthright-citizenship/

Ryan says Trump does not have the power to by executive order stop the citizenship based on being born on American soil

yet he himself has done nothing .

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 05:56:01 AM by DougMacG »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Horowitz on the Constitution and birth right citzenship
« Reply #1448 on: October 30, 2018, 05:05:05 PM »
https://www.conservativereview.com/news/the-originalist-case-against-birthright-citizenship/

Ryan says Trump does not have the power to by executive order stop the citizenship based on being born on American soil

yet he himself has done nothing .

Great article.  Depends on what 5 or 9 Justices think original meaning of original text of the 14th amendment section 1 is or however they choose to approach it.

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

Does a visitor meet that criteria?  A baby becomes a citizen of a different country than the parents and that was the intent of the framers in writing this?  I don't think so.  

We need an executive order or a bill that becomes law and a challenge to that to place it before the Court to determine the constitutionality.  Whether done by Congress or by the Executive Branch, it was certain to be challenged.  If struck down, then an amendment to the constitution will be needed.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 06:39:16 PM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: October 30, 2018, 10:02:42 PM »
Taking this over to the Constiution/SCOTUS thread on the SC&H forum.