Author Topic: The Russian conspiracy, Comey, Mueller, Durham, Mar a Lago and related matters  (Read 221073 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
What’s it Mean when your Case Depends on Cohen’s Testimony?
« Reply #1651 on: May 13, 2024, 12:41:39 PM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
BBG brought up the possibility of a sweetheart deal for Cohen when he pled guilty in order to bootstrap the predicate for what we see now. 

I mentioned that IIRC his lawyer was Lanny Davis, crony to the Clintons so just now I began digging a bit.

1)
https://forward.com/news/408703/5-things-to-know-about-lanny-davis-michael-cohens-jewish-lawyer/

2) CNN
12:06 p.m. ET, February 27, 2019
Cohen says his lawyer is representing him for free (for now)
Michael Cohen, responding to questions about who is paying his lawyer Lanny Davis, said he is working for free.

Rep. Jody Hice asked if liberal activist Tom Steyer is paying for Davis to represent Cohen.

"Not that I'm aware of," Cohen responded.

Here's how the rest of the exchange went down:

Hice: "Who is paying Lanny Davis?

Cohen: "At the moment, no one."

Hice: "He is doing all this work for nothing?"

Cohen: "Yes, sir, and I hope so."

Later, Rep. Jim Jordan asked if Cohen plans to pay Davis in the future.

"When I start to earn a living," Cohen responded.

Jordan said he has "never known a lawyer to wait three years to get paid."

3) Getting warmer:

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/michael-cohen-sentencing/index.html

4) IIRC the campaign finance violation guilty plea was horseshit, and with Lanny Davis at his side smelled to me at the time as a way to lay a predicate for going after Trump in return for lenient sentencing and gratitude from the Clinton and Obama machines.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/21/politics/michael-cohen-plea-deal-talks/index.html

« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 07:08:49 PM by Crafty_Dog »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Rep Goldman witness tampered
« Reply #1654 on: May 16, 2024, 06:19:30 AM »

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Deadly force authorized for Mar a Lago
« Reply #1656 on: May 21, 2024, 07:16:31 PM »
Deadly force was authorized for the Mar a Lago raid. As I see it, the National Archives played pattycake with Biden’s DOJ to cook up and excuse to begin this feeble bit of lawfare and … if happenstance allowed them to claim a good reason to start shooting, well icing on the cake, eh?

https://x.com/julie_kelly2/status/1792972717781586109?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1792972717781586109%7Ctwgr%5Eb160190e55c045ede284edc6dc4db594a67dd3c1%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpjmedia.com%2Fgraysonbakich%2F2024%2F05%2F21%2Ffbi-authorized-to-use-deadly-force-in-mar-a-lago-raid-n4929219
« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 05:02:56 AM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Apparently the authorization is SOP, but given the Secret Service protection, SOP was highly inappropriate.

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Apparently the authorization is SOP, but given the Secret Service protection, SOP was highly inappropriate.

And then the DOJ claims that same SOP was in place for the voluntary search of Biden’s home for classified docs, which further boggles given that the DOJ works for Biden and he IS the sitting president….

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Smith’s Barrages don’t Dent Cannon
« Reply #1659 on: May 27, 2024, 03:58:47 PM »
Sounds like Cannon is methodically setting the stage to catch the DOJ in their own lies:

Meltdown in Florida
An extended temper tantrum by one of Special Counsel Jack Smith's prosecutors this week represented the DOJ's frustration at failing to cover-up the dirty details of the imploding documents case.

JULIE KELLY
MAY 25, 2024

“I'm going to ask that you just calm down. I understand this is sensitive and it's difficult, but these questions are briefed and they're before the Court.”

Declassified with Julie Kelly is a reader-supported publication. To receive new posts and support my work, consider becoming a free or paid subscriber.

Subscribe
So said Judge Aileen Cannon to David Harbach, one of Special Counsel Jack Smith’s lead prosecutors in the government’s espionage and obstruction case against former president Donald Trump, during a hearing on Wednesday. While temperatures spiked outside the federal courthouse in Fort Pierce, Florida throughout the day, so too did the climate inside Cannon’s courtroom.

The May 22 proceeding, as I explained here, represented the first of a series of hearings that will turn the tables on Smith; Cannon is in effect putting the Department of Justice on trial to account for its corrupt, dirty, and sloppy prosecution into Trump and two co-defendants.

Cannon’s admonishment came after what can only be described as a prolonged meltdown by Harbach after he ranted for several minutes in response to a defense motion seeking to dismiss the case against Waltine Nauta, Trump’s longtime personal valet also charged in the indictment, based on selective and vindictive prosecution.

At times pounding the podium and clapping his hands in anger to emphasize a point, Harbach, usually the cooler head of the prosecution side, escalated the war of words between Cannon and the special counsel’s team. A longtime DOJ apparatchik having served as former FBI Director James Comey’s special counsel and alongside Smith in the DOJ public integrity unit during the Obama administration, Harbach is used to getting his way before federal judges.

Not this time. Cannon is a slow-moving freight train, systematically and almost to the point of torment exposing every government fault line in the imploding case.

Just this month alone, Cannon has forced Smith to admit key evidence seized during the 2022 FBI raid of Mar-a-Lago has been bungled and possibly misplaced, contrary to his team’s representations to her.

She continues to authorize the unsealing of motions and exhibits including records the DOJ never thought would see the light of day.

In fact, Harbach’s outburst came less than 24 hours after Trump’s lawyers filed a motion related to the Mar-a-Lago raid, a document Cannon ordered unsealed; the motion, as I reported on Twitter/X Tuesday afternoon as well as here, revealed the stunning news that FBI agents had authority to use deadly force during the nine-hour raid.

The disclosure instantly prompted fury on the Right, leading to a damage-control statement by the FBI several hours later. Attorney General Merrick Garland also addressed the controversy the following day, calling Trump’s claims about a potential assassination, “false and extremely dangerous.” Garland also claimed, without evidence, that the consensual search of Joe Biden’s home for classified documents involved the same authorization for use of force.

Late Friday night, Smith filed a motion asking Cannon to prohibit Trump from making public statements “that pose a significant, imminent, and foreseeable danger to law enforcement agents participating in the investigation and prosecution of this case.”

Will the Public Learn More about a Controversial 2022 Meeting?

But Harbach’s bad behavior in court specifically related to accusations of prosecutorial abuse. Nauta’s attorney, Stanley Woodward, has accused the DOJ of retaliating against Nauta for refusing to flip on Trump and become a cooperating witness. (Nauta faces several charges including conspiring to obstruct the investigation and making false statements.)

Woodward further alleged that Jay Bratt, the other lead DOJ prosecutor, made threats against Woodward during an August 2022 meeting to discuss Nauta’s potential cooperation. Woodward said Bratt noted his pending judicial nomination before the D.C. Superior Court and said something to the effect of “I wouldn’t want you to do anything to mess that up.”

Bratt’s conduct during the meeting is the subject of both a congressional investigation and an Office of Professional Responsibility probe at the DOJ. (The OPR inquiry is on hold pending resolution of the classified documents case.) Woodward wants all records and communications about the meeting given to the defense—something Cannon appears inclined to do.

Which sent Harbach over the edge.

Calling Woodward’s account of the meeting a “fantasy,” Harbach blasted Woodward’s “garbage” argument for dismissing the case. “This is no way to run a railroad,” Harbach, perhaps ignorant to the irony of using that particular word, told Cannon for her allowing Woodward to discuss at length his allegations about the meeting.

When Cannon inquired as to the existence of records including Zoom videos that might support or refute Woodward’s account of the meeting, Harbach scolded her. “I have already told Your Honor that no recording exists. I have told you that some time ago,” Harbach replied.

Cannon reminded an increasingly agitated Harbach that she maintains oversight into how the investigation was conducted. “I still have inherent authority to oversee this proceeding and ensure that professionalism is maintained, and I think there is a basis to ask those questions, which is why I'm asking them,” she shot back.

If Cannon orders the DOJ to produce all communications before and after the meeting, the ruling could represent another blow to the special counsel’s cratering credibility. Congress already wants answers about the spoliation of evidence; more congressional demands related to the authorization for lethal force and other dubious aspects of the FBI raid could be around the corner.

Cue more meltdowns.

https://www.declassified.live/p/meltdown-in-florida?utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
A post I made on FB
« Reply #1660 on: Today at 02:50:14 AM »
There is a reason I bring this up today from the Memory Hole:

https://gazette.com/.../article_bd0ec09a-cdf0-11eb-989f...

By the way, until I saw this particular piece I did not know the reporter who broke the story was Hillaried , , ,

The article does miss two highly significant details though when it writes: 

"The meeting took place days before then-FBI Director James Comey announced the bureau would not recommend charges against Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton's wife, for her emails. However, Comey called her handling of classified information "extremely careless."

FIRST DETAIL:   Decisions about whom to prosecute are made by the Dept of Justice i.e. AG Lynch.  However due to her getting caught in this violation of the canons of judicial ethics by having an ex parte meeting without representatives of both sides being present in political terms Lynch was a non-starter to make the decision.

It was at this moment Comey leaped into the vacuum and purported to make the decision to not prosecute-- a decision which in no way was his to make!  After all the FBI is for INVESTIGATION, NOT PROSECUTION.   

Given the highly perfidious behavior of the seventh floor of the FBI in burying Hillary's many felonies in the saga of her illegal private email server, her destruction of 33,000 Congressionally subpoenaed emails, and much more it seems safe to say that this was a highly purposeful overreach designed to get Hillary off the hook for her many serious felonies.

This brings us to the SECOND DETAIL, which is the standard of the statute against mishandling top secret materials.   Remember this is what was used to prosecute and convict genuine war hero General Petraeus for letting his biographer (and lover), whose clearance was a step below his ("Secret" as vs. his "Top Secret") -- in other words this stuff is taken seriously-- as it should be.

Most felonies have a standard of "intent"-- but given the gravity of the consequences of the crime in question, the statute merely requires "recklessness"-- so note well Comey's misdirect with the slickly chosen phrase "extemely careless" so as to avoid its homonym "reckless".

All this comes to mind with today's revelation of President visiting a primary witness in Hunter's upcoming gun trial:

https://www.msn.com/.../joe-biden-visits.../ar-BB1n8Ioj

Witness tampering anyone?

Note too this:

"Joe Biden’s visit to Hallie Biden follows a state dinner held by the White House last week with Hunter Biden and Attorney General Merrick Garland on the guest list.

"Garland is responsible for appointing special counsel David Weiss, who is leading the prosecution of Hunter Biden. The younger Biden’s attorneys have unsuccessfully sought to dismiss his gun charges based on arguments that Weiss is unlawfully appointed and selectively prosecuting Biden, even though Weiss’s boss is an appointee of Biden’s father."

Meanwhile in the Spermy Daniels trial wherein a State DA prosecutes an unnamed federal election crime which as a State DA he does not have the authority to do, the State gets to go last with the jury meaning the defense had to do its summation without knowing what the federal charge was-- the one purported to rectify the fact that the state misdemeanor charge was years past the statute of limitations.

THIS IS GENUINE BANANA REPUBLIC STUFF FOLKS!!!

Nothing to see here folks, keep moving, keep moving , , ,

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Yes,
this seems eerily similar to Biden going to his daughter in laws house
Jesse Waters pointed out he has NEVER been there prior, so the claim he went on some anniversary of Beau Biden is specious.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Important detail that this is the first visit.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: A post I made on FB
« Reply #1663 on: Today at 07:11:12 AM »
Great post!

These deceptions and contradictions need to be pointed out, and not lost in the memory hole.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Also note the role of Lannie Davis getting Cohen to plead guilty to fed election charges when he was being prosecuted on the taxi medallion charge.  I suspect an effort to seed a bootstrapping to catch Trump down the road i.e. now.