Author Topic: Media, Ministry of Truth Issues  (Read 1041322 times)

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Broken journalism
« Reply #2050 on: June 26, 2017, 03:59:52 PM »
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/370355.php

June 26, 2017
CNN Publishes Single-Source Claim on Russia Investigation, Then Disappears It, Then Finally Retracts;
Forbids Reporters From Running Any Russia Story Without Permission, Promises "Discipline"
Before getting to that, Camille Paglia said last week that the Democrat Party had broken journalism, and that it would take "decades" to heal the wounds.

It would take decades to recover if they ever self-critiqued and self-corrected, which they're psychologically incapable of doing.

"It's obscene," she said. "It's outrageous, OK? It shows that the Democrats are nothing now but words and fantasy and hallucination and Hollywood. There’s no journalism left. What’s happened to The New York Times? What's happened to the major networks? It's an outrage."
"I'm a professor of media studies, in addition to a professor of humanities, OK?" she continued. "And I think it's absolutely grotesque the way my party has destroyed journalism. Right now, it is going to take decades to recover from this atrocity that's going on where the news media have turned themselves over to the most childish fraternity, kind of buffoonish behavior.”

Now on to the newest CNN #FakeNews: CNN reported, on the basis of a single anonymous source, that a Trump associate did business with Russia, and that he's now the target of a criminal probe.

They then retracted. First, they seem to have done so without acknowledging the retraction, just deleting all mentions of the story in their Twitter fed and nuking links to it.

But after Buzzfeed asked where the story went to, they issued a note stating it had been retracted, and failed to even meet CNN's Like Whatever Man exacting editorial standards for Russia reporting. If you can imagine such a thing.

CNN claimed Senate investigators are looking into whether or not Scaramucci discussed lifting sanctions with Kirill Dmitriev, the chief executive of the $10-billion Russian Direct Investment Fund, in a meeting just four days before President Donald Trump’s inauguration.
“CNN.com published a story connecting Anthony Scaramucci with investigations into the Russian Direct Investment Fund,” CNN said in its editor’s note, “That story did not meet CNN’s editorial standards and has been retracted. Links to the story have been disabled. CNN apologizes to Mr. Scaramucci.”

Given that CNN is actually apologizing, and nuking the story from orbit, I have to guess that this story didn't just fail to meet their "editorial standards," whatever those might turn out to be when discovered, but was objectively and perhaps actionably false.

CNN is now forcing reporters to pre-clear all "Russia-related" stories by high ranking editors before publishing anywhere -- including social media -- and promising "discipline" over this error:

Over the weekend, CNN's executives busied themselves with a new process for reporting on Russia, Buzzfeed later learned. According to an internal memo, all reporting from CNN on that topic will have to get specific approval from executives before appearing on any of their platforms. Jon Passantino's source says that disciplinary action will also be forthcoming over last week’s debacle...
When a report is so fake that even CNN is panicking over it-- well, that's CNN showing us what it really is. A hotbed of conspiracy theorists and vulgar partisans.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
HUGE CNN scandal
« Reply #2052 on: June 27, 2017, 05:41:15 AM »
Their own producer admitting what we all KNOW to be true.  CNNs reporting on Russia Trump connection  is a ratings and political  hit job by a bunch of phony fake news liberals:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/06/26/project-veritas-undercover-investigation-cnn-producer-admits-network-hyping-mostly-bullsht-trump-russia-scandal-for-ratings/
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:26:33 AM by ccp »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Media, CNN producer admits Russia story is about ratings, mostly bullsh*t
« Reply #2053 on: June 27, 2017, 05:59:38 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdP8TiKY8dE
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/06/27/american_pravda_project_veritas_catches_cnn_producer_admitting_russia_story_is_bullshit_about_ratings.html

American Pravda: 'Project Veritas' Catches CNN Producer Admitting Russia Story Is "Mostly Bullshit," "About Ratings"

In a video released overnight by 'Project Veritas' founder James O'Keefe, CNN producer John Bonifield is caught on film admitting that the network's constant coverage of the Trump-Russia narrative is "mostly bullshit" and "the president is probably right to say [CNN] is witch-hunting [him]."

He also noted the story is "good for business."

"I haven’t seen any good enough evidence to show that the President committed a crime," he said. "I just feel like they don’t really have it but they want to keep digging. And so I think the President is probably right to say, like, look you are witch hunting me. You have no smoking gun, you have no real proof."

He also said: "It’s a business, people are like the media has an ethical phssssss…All the nice cutesy little ethics that used to get talked about in journalism school you’re just like, that’s adorable. That’s adorable. This is a business."

About CNN CEO, Jeff Zucker, the producer said: "Just to give you some context, President Trump pulled out of the climate accords and for a day and a half we covered the climate accords. And the CEO of CNN (Jeff Zucker) said in our internal meeting, he said good job everybody covering the climate accords, but we’re done with that, let’s get back to Russia."

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media, Ministry of Truth Issues
« Reply #2054 on: June 27, 2017, 06:18:50 AM »
Wait, aren't these Professional Journalists? With credentials?

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
journolists
« Reply #2055 on: June 27, 2017, 07:29:39 AM »
GM:

"Wait, aren't these Professional Journalists?"

Yes but you spelled it wrong.  You might mean *JURNO*lister

Three lib jurno listers get canned.  The rest of them still there and CNN which has lost all credibility

Fareeeeeed must be pissed.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: June 27, 2017, 09:00:48 AM »
Also the same group that conspired with the Hillary campaign...

Sadly, CNN, NYT et al have an accuracy rate no higher than Bretibart and Infowars.  And it isn't typos or fact check issues.  It's intentional deception and narrative feeding.  Crafty and others have been calling these outlets 'Pravdas'.  But it's worse than that.  The Soviets only had one outlet of propaganda.  Here we have a multitude of different sources confirming the same false information.  You can 'fact check' through the first three pages of google result sources and get the same wrong answer.

32% trust journalists, 16% of Republicans, about the same number that didn't hear or misunderstood the question.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/195542/americans-trust-mass-media-sinks-new-low.aspx

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 01:04:18 PM by Crafty_Dog »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Gotta love it
« Reply #2058 on: June 28, 2017, 12:58:42 PM »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
http://thefederalist.com/2017/06/29/progressives-outraged-that-republicans-want-to-defend-themselves-after-mass-assassination-attempt/

Progressive Journalists Are Outraged At The NRA For Pointing Out Leftist Violence

Two days before an assassination attempt on Republicans, the NRA posted a video on Facebook warning of leftist violence. Progressive journalists are now pretending political violence is the NRA's fault.
JUNE 29, 2017 By Sean Davis
Barely two weeks after a progressive Democrat activist attempted a mass assassination of Republican officials, progressives are outraged at the NRA for noting that the Second Amendment gives people the right to defend themselves, with arms if necessary, from people who might try to assassinate them or their families.

You might not remember it because the news media pivoted away from the story as quickly as possible, but just two weeks ago an anti-Trump Bernie Bro tried to assassinate a bunch of elected Republican officials while they practiced for the annual bipartisan Congressional baseball game. Just days after the New York Times revealed that Republicans regularly practiced at a public park in Alexandria with minimal protective detail, the shooter showed up at the park and started surveilling it. According to the FBI, he even took pictures of the location. Before opening fire on the lawmakers, the shooter also confirmed that the assembled officials were Republicans.

Unsurprisingly, a lot of Republicans responded to the attempted massacre by noting that unconstitutional laws in D.C. actually prevented the Republican officials from carrying firearms for the purpose of self-defense (although the shooting was in Virginia, most lawmakers reside in D.C., meaning D.C. law effectively bans them from carrying anywhere in the area since they would eventually have to return to their homes with the firearms).

Progressives, however, are outraged at Second Amendment defenders for having the audacity to claim a right to self-defense in the wake of a mass assassination attempt. On Thursday, failed Baltimore mayoral candidate and Black Lives Matter gadfly Deray McKesson raged at Dana Loesch and accused her and the National Rifle Association (NRA) of “white supremacy” for noting in a prophetic promotional video filmed in April that progressive activists were becoming increasingly violent.

Follow
 deray mckesson ✔ @deray
This NRA ad is an open call to violence to protect white supremacy. If I made a video like this, I'd be in jail.
5:56 AM - 29 Jun 2017
  18,468 18,468 Retweets   26,715 26,715 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
“They use their media to assassinate real news. They use their schools to teach children that their president is another Hitler. And then they use their ex-president to endorse the resistance,” Loesch states in the video. “All to make them march, make them protest, make them scream racism and sexism and xenophobia, to smash windows, burn cars, shut down interstates and airports, bully and terrorize the law abiding until the only option left is for the police to do their jobs and stop the madness.”

“And when that happens, they’ll use it as an excuse for the outrage,” Loesch concludes. You can watch the full video here. Rather than undercutting Loesch’s claim that progressives reflexively scream racism whenever anyone challenges them, McKesson only underscored her point by accusing her of being a white supremacist for pointing out violence committed by leftists.

On June 12, just two days before the progressive Democrat activist opened fire on GOP members of Congress and other innocent civilians just minding their own business, the NRA reposted the video on Facebook. That aroused the ire of Michael Goldfarb, a liberal journalist who writes for the Guardian, who took to his Facebook page to condemn the NRA.

“This new NRA propaganda piece is the most disturbing video I’ve seen,” Goldfarb wrote in response to the June 12 NRA post on Facebook featuring the Loesch video. “Not surprising but disturbing. Reinforces my despair that America is not going to get out of its mess without bloodshed.”

Two days after that Facebook post by the NRA, a Democrat political activist tried to murder a park full of Republican politicians.

Judging by his Twitter and Facebook feeds, neither of which mentions the June 14 anti-GOP assassination attempt even a single time, Goldfarb appears to be unaware that bloodshed happened quite recently, that it wasn’t perpetrated by the NRA, and that the shooter was a vocal progressive activist who loved Bernie Sanders and hated President Donald Trump. Goldfarb did, however, take time to attack Trump and his supporters, Vice President Mike Pence, “GOPygmies,” and British conservative Boris Johnson. He does not appear to have ever condemned the June 14 shooter who nearly killed Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.)

Anne Applebaum, another liberal journalist and former member of the Washington Post editorial board, hopped onto Twitter and did her best to amplify Goldfarb’s rage at the NRA for noting on Facebook, two days before an anti-Republican assassination attempt, that progressives were becoming increasingly violent and unhinged in their opposition to the Trump administration and the Republican Congress.

Follow
 Anne Applebaum ✔ @anneapplebaum
Watch this NRA recruitment video: calls on real Americans to arm themselves to fight liberals. Violence is coming. https://www.facebook.com/michael.goldfarb.3/posts/10211954351510125?notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&notif_id=1498717179258238
3:42 AM - 29 Jun 2017
  1,025 1,025 Retweets   998 998 likes
Like Goldfarb, Applebaum also appears to be under the misimpression that no major political violence occurred in the U.S. in recent weeks.

Rather than attempting to exploit what happened in Alexandria earlier this month, Dana Loesch and the NRA predicted it. And rather than acknowledging the reality of what happened, McKesson and Goldfarb and Applebaum chose instead to close their eyes and stick their fingers in their ears and scream at the NRA and its allies for pointing out the need to protect the right of self-defense in the wake of a politically motivated assassination attempt on Republicans. Projection — in this case, progressives accusing people on the Right of plotting violence while completely ignoring excusing constant violence being perpetrated by the Left — is one thing. But what we see in these examples isn’t just projection. It’s outright denial of reality. It’s the Big Lie on steroids: don’t just refuse to acknowledge one of the most heinous acts of political violence in recent memory, convict the other side for acts that haven’t even been committed.

The fact of the matter is that it wasn’t the NRA that tried to murder a bunch of its political opponents. It wasn’t the NRA that published the location and security details of its foes. It wasn’t the NRA that surveilled a park and confirmed that everyone in it had the “wrong” politics before unloading on them. No, that was done by a progressive Democrat activist. All the NRA did was point out leftist violence and note that Americans have a God-given right, affirmed by the U.S. Constitution, to defend themselves and their loved ones from that very violence.

To Golfarb and Applebaum and McKesson, the NRA’s crime wasn’t committing or fomenting violence. The NRA’s crime was refusing to let leftist violence go unnoticed.

Sean Davis is the co-founder of The Federalist.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
CNN Tries To Move Forward After Its Latest Humiliation
« Reply #2060 on: June 30, 2017, 10:04:38 AM »
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2017/06/29/cnn-tries-to-move-forward-after-its-latest-humiliation-n2347625

CNN Tries To Move Forward After Its Latest Humiliation
Kurt Schlichter |Posted: Jun 29, 2017 12:01 AM 

“Ladies, gentlemen, and non-binary beings who refuse to be forced into one or more specific genders,” began CNN Worldwide President Jeff Zucker, employing the network’s prescribed group salutation. “I have gathered you all today here in the CNN newsroom to discuss this Anthony Scaramucci Russia story we retracted and how it has had a negative impact on our network’s sterling reputation for journalistic integrity and objectivity. Hey, pay attention! Stop laughing!”

The room quieted down. Even Don Lemon looked up from the bar, where he was mixing a cosmopolitan.

“Listen, people….,” Zucker began.

“I identify as an otherkin and that’s humanocentric!” shouted a producer dressed in a bright blue fox costume. The network was rightfully proud of its “a-furry-mative action” outreach to the marginalized furry and brony communities.

Zucker sighed. “Before I go on, I just want to make sure that O’Keefe guy isn’t secretly taping us again. You’re the sharpest, keenest investigative journalists in the business – any sign of him?”

“Nope, he’s totally not here,” replied a voice from the audience, a young white man dressed like Superfly.

“Great. Now this Scaramucci story was a big problem, and not just because we got caught. As you know, Russia is ratings gold, but if we keep coming up empty we’ll leave our audience as unsatisfied as a woman married to a liberal man,” Zucker explained, using an analogy his audience could relate to. “We just can’t keep reporting shaky Russia stories about billionaires based on single, anonymous sources that turn out to be fake news.”

“So … avoid slandering billionaires? Maybe focus on rodeo clowns and so forth?” suggested Jim Acosta.

“Exactly,” replied Zucker. “Don’t do this kind of thing to people who buy their lawyers in bulk! I’m not saying pick on people who can’t fight back against a giant media company but, you know, try and pick on people who can’t fight back against a giant media company.”

A cheerful voice from someone in the front row cried out: “I got a new puppy! His name is Woofy!”

“Yes, Chris, you’ve already told us all about Woofy several times,” sighed Zucker.

“Woofy likes to bark at squirrels, and my brother is governor!”

“That’s terrific, Chris. Someone, get him his fidget spinner. Anyway, starting now, we’re instituting new policies for handling Russia stories. Stop groaning! This important! From now on, we’re going to need your Russia stories to all have an element of truth.”

The room erupted into chaos.

“What the hell?” screeched Wolf Blitzer. “Preposterous!”

“Wolf, your name is sort of like my puppy Woofy’s!” said Chris Cuomo. “Sort of.”

“Never!” snorted Christiane Amanpour, who had been annoying Jake Tapper because her enormous pink gyno hat was blocking his view.

“Look at it spin!” piped up Chris Cuomo between delighted giggles.

Jim Acosta stood up and adjusted his tie. “I want to register my outrage and disapproval of this hateful attack on the free press in the strongest possible terms!”

“Oh, knock it off, Jimmy. There’s no camera here,” Zucker said. “From now on, your anonymous sources have to actually exist. That’s final. I’m sorry people – calm down! – but you can’t quote sources who don’t exist.”

From the back, Don Lemon finished his drink and howled, “The voices tell me MANY THINGS!”

“Look,” said Jim Sciutto. “Like my friend Don, I deeply believe that invisible voices in our heads can be legitimate news sources. Especially if a different voice in our head confirms what the first voice told us.”

“But don’t you understand,” stuttered an indignant Brian Stelter. “Don’t you know that democracy will die in darkness if you impose arbitrary rules on us that limit our ability to report things that never happened?”

“Look, I know this represents a sea change in how CNN operates, but there’s a lot of heat on us right now,” said Zucker. “Personally, I’m still heartbroken that we were unable to go forward with our plans for CNN Kidz Newz Nite With Kathy Griffin.”

“Kathy is a saint and she was robbed!” yelled Don Lemon, who staggered up the aisle, pausing to “accidentally” spill his fresh cosmo on Jake Tapper.

“Hey!” shouted Tapper. “That suit cost more than your pec implants!”

“Get out of my head!” screamed Lemon, who began sobbing. He’d been an emotional train wreck since the defeat of his friend Hillary, who he had steadfastly defended against all sorts of awful people who insisted on telling the truth about her.

“Settle!” howled Zucker. “We are journalists! We are all about our sacred duty as reporters to tell the truth to our viewers in an objective and professional manner! And also ratings. Sweet, sweet, life-giving ratings.”

“Sometimes daddy used to come home late at night with his special friends and they were all dirty and had shovels. They always took the cannoli,” Chris Cuomo said to John Berman, who got up and moved down three chairs.

“All right, all right, let’s move on to solutions. Cooper, your eyebrows are fine, so put down that mirror and pay attention! Now, we’ve had some troubles, but we’re going to come back stronger. The consensus is that the best way to do that is by leveraging exciting, diverse talents and marginalized minority voices, like Shaun King…”

“You want to tell him?” Jake Tapper whispered to Brooke Baldwin.

“Nope.”

“And Sally Kohn,” said Zucker. “Their smart, common sense takes on current issues will help reach out to red America on whatever issues those hicks care about.”

Just then a young production assistant with “#Resist” tattooed across xis forehead rushed over to the network president and handed him a note. He read it and furrowed his brow.

“People, listen up! Trump just tweeted ‘This Russia fake news is fake. Failing CNN is failing. Sad!’ Clearly, he’s hiding something, and I’m guessing its collusion. Put up the ‘TREASON WATCH’ chyron and someone get Louise Mensch on the phone! This is not a drill – we’re flooding the zone! CNN is back!”

The crowd broke up as people rushed to their places. And while a producer led Chris Cuomo by his soft hand to the anchor chair, he was heard to say, “I got a new puppy! His name is Woofy!”

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Klavan on Fake News
« Reply #2062 on: July 01, 2017, 11:42:00 AM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: July 02, 2017, 07:19:50 AM »
From immigration thread:

GM wrote:

Tucker schools Illegal Alien advocate
« Reply #1229 on: July 01, 2017, 05:25:41 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asz2mDfMYgI

******Damn, he's good.*****

-------------------------------

I like this one too.  Maria kicks John Podesta's lying ass all over the wrestling mat for a major decision and P0destal walks off with a facial scowl:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/29/russia-trump-hillary-podesta-maria-bartiromo

She still great to look at too!  Jonathan Gruber got his butt kicked in for lying by her few months back.

Its great to see people on the right  calling out these libs for their lying BS.   I wish more Republican "law makers" would do the same.  How about it Ryan?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 07:23:58 AM by ccp »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Bartiromo vs. Podesta
« Reply #2065 on: July 02, 2017, 09:56:25 AM »
Here's the full segment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9U5zxVyTqA

Would love to see some fact checking on Podesta's claims , , ,
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 10:04:50 AM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
RT: Pravda on the Hudson retracts
« Reply #2066 on: July 02, 2017, 09:57:48 AM »
Could we please have some sources other than RT on this?

https://www.rt.com/viral/394821-nyt-intelligence-agencies-claim-debunk/

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
When is a Trump tweet not newsworthy?
« Reply #2068 on: July 03, 2017, 02:15:23 PM »
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/370483.php

July 03, 2017
Trump Tweets Out Support for Charlie Gard;
Media Refuses to Mention
 Follow
 Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
If we can help little #CharlieGard, as per our friends in the U.K. and the Pope, we would be delighted to do so.
7:00 AM - 3 Jul 2017
  25,445 25,445 Retweets   76,095 76,095 likes

The media, strangely, chose not to report on this tweet.

Though maybe that's not so strange-- many have entirely embargoed the name "Charlie Gard" from their coverage.

View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter
 Follow
 Stephen Miller ✔ @redsteeze
When Trump tweets, media is all over...oh...
8:26 AM - 3 Jul 2017
  1,137 1,137 Retweets   1,661 1,661 likes

Meanwhile, Francis seems to be disputing his advisory council and now saying he supports Charlie Gard's parents' right to choose what "care" is given to their child.

“He prays for them, wishing that their desire to accompany and care for their own child to the end will be respected.”
Ed Morrissey notes that the word Crux (the magazine that was quoted from) translated as "care for" is better translated as "treat," as in "medically treat:"

Veteran Vatican reporter Francis X. Rocca translates it into a more explicit reference to “treat” the baby from the official Italian-language statement..
View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter
 Follow
 Francis X. Rocca ✔ @FrancisXRocca
Italian text of pope's statement in support of Charlie Gard's parents and their "desire to accompany and treat their baby till the end"
11:08 AM - 2 Jul 2017
  40 40 Retweets   32 32 likes

"Treat" might be the better translation -- wordreference.com lists the first definition of the word in question (curare) as "nurse," and then "take care of." Obviously you can see the word "cure" lurking around in there.

I wouldn't get too hopeful that Francis is having a general change of heart on his liberal instincts -- he just refused to renew the term of service of a conservative Cardinal.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: July 03, 2017, 07:22:52 PM »
we also hear more about Muslin terrorists attacks then we do about slaughter by Blacks of blacks in our inner cities

so whats the point?  political maybe?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: July 03, 2017, 07:50:49 PM »
BD:

While I get the three particular events mentioned in the article, I confess to not a little suspicion as to the criteria for calling a violent incident "terrorist" when it is not jihadi driven-- the numbers given (12% are jihadi) seem distinctly implausible.

There is also the matter of the larger world-wide Jihadi movement, , ,

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: July 03, 2017, 09:30:48 PM »
This just in, there were NO jihadist attacks on the World Trade Center between February 27th 1993 and September 10th 2001!

MIND. BLOWN.

:roll:

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
The media fights to protect it's memory hole!
« Reply #2076 on: July 04, 2017, 01:27:36 PM »

Hey lefties, 1984 was supposed to be a cautionary tale, not a guidebook.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: July 04, 2017, 01:29:57 PM »
GM:  "...there were NO jihadist attacks on the World Trade Center between February 27th 1993 and September 10th 2001!"

That wasn't within the time frame studied but I was thinking that too, was that a 'terror incident'  deserving equal coverage or was our country attacked in a way more comparable to Pearl Harbor?  How was the Pearl Harbor attack covered?  ("This day will live in infamy.")

Is Muslim vs. non-Muslim perp the isolated difference in the offences and coverage compared?
From the article:  "Muslims committed 12.4 percent of terrorist attacks in the United States between 2011 and 2015 — but received 41.4 percent of news coverage."

That alone doesn't tell us if we are comparing a same or similar amount of carnage.

"They found, for example, that the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing, in which three people were killed and a score wounded by two Muslim attackers, received almost 20 percent of all coverage relating to U.S. terror attacks in the five-year period."

That incident admittedly skewed the study.  How many people were terrorized that day in Boston and across the country in the aftermath when the terrorist went hiding, armed, for days in the community?  Was it the three dead, the scores injured, the thousands present, the millions who lived in the search area, or the hundreds of millions who were following it?  Fewer people would have been terrorized if the media did not cover it.  Should they not cover it?  Should they have covered it less?  And now from Boston we go to crop reports...  (Or should we have a Chechnyan travel ban?) One dangerous guy was hiding for a couple of days.  In Chicago thousands of dangerous guys are hiding in plain sight everyday. I agree the media under-reports the people terrorized by murder and crime in America's (Democratic-run) inner cities.  

Is Islamic terror the series of individual incidents we see or is it larger, declared war on billions of people who do not follow the chosen Islamic path?  I take them at their word; this is a war.  I would compare the coverage of this pattern of attacks on the western world more with WWII than with isolated incidents of carnage committed by non-Muslim psychos.  The fact this is an ongoing, planned campaign to destroy all of us where the danger doesn't end with the death of the shooter or bomber is a big part of what makes it so terrorizing IMHO.

But they downplay it on the networks as they over-cover it, "we don't yet know the motive" - when every viewer does.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
A new low for CNN: doxxing
« Reply #2078 on: July 04, 2017, 11:03:42 PM »
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/07/04/cnn-threatens-to-expose-non-compliant-citizen-for-thinking-wrong-thoughts-cnnblackmail/amp/

CNN Threatens To Expose Non Compliant Citizen for Thinking Wrong Thoughts… #CNNblackmail

sundance
3 hours ago
In an article identifying the originating source of the wrestling gif tweeted last week by President Donald Trump, CNN says they’ll keep his name private so long as the person remains compliant to the media thought police.

The direct threat is: “CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.”

Andrew Kaczynski of CNN might want to contemplate the wisdom of playing this game. After all, using open sources someone with an investigative skillset might come up with an address he probably would rather not have out on the internet.

145 E 16th St #6K, New York, NY 10003

Is that his currently? Maybe, maybe not. It wouldn't be hard for someone in NYC to do some footwork and determine if it is a valid address for this reporter..

The left should keep in mind that they will have to live under the same rules they decide to play by.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 07:30:02 AM by Crafty_Dog »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: July 05, 2017, 04:49:21 AM »
Yup.

CNN and the rest of the libs went right after this guy ala mob style.

Threats to destroy his life, extort promises from him to keep muzzled and then publish his apology.

It reminds me of Stalin both torturing and or threatening the lives of hundreds of thousands of human beings forcing virtually all of them to "confessA" to some sort of  "crime" so he can justsify sending them off to Siberia or shooting their brains out.

Notice how THEIR sources are kept secret even if they make claims about a President of the US but if someone disparages *them* they become a mafia style hit mob.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
PS
« Reply #2080 on: July 05, 2017, 06:23:32 AM »
I notice CNN never said a peep about the Kathy Griffen video maker.

His name is known and he seems to have gotten a free pass .

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Bigdog makes an important point about islamic terror in the US!
« Reply #2082 on: July 05, 2017, 09:39:59 AM »
http://www.homelandsecuritynewswire.com/dr20170703-terror-attacks-in-u-s-receive-five-times-more-media-coverage-if-perpetrator-is-muslim-study

From the above article:

Muslims committed 12.4 percent of terrorist attacks in the United States between 2011 and 2015 — but received 41.4 percent of news coverage.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/01/06/a-new-estimate-of-the-u-s-muslim-population/

Pew Research Center estimates that there were about 3.3 million Muslims of all ages living in the United States in 2015. This means that Muslims made up about 1% of the total U.S. population

I missed it at first, but Bigdog is raising an important point about the terrorist threat from the muslims living in the US. I look forward to seeing you flesh this out in the Duck of Minerva or the lawfare blog. Perhaps you could write an amicus curiae brief on behalf of Trump's travel ban pointing out this important fact.

Thanks Prof!

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Help me find Jewish terror attacks in the US between 2011 and 2015
« Reply #2083 on: July 05, 2017, 06:45:23 PM »
Working off of Bigdog' s important insight into the disproportionate amount of terror attacks from muslims in the US, I thought I would compare it to the number of terror attacks from Jews in the US in the same time period.

Funny enough, I can't find any. And yet Jews are roughly 1.4 percent of the US population.

Bigdog, would you be so kind as to explain the disparity in these rates.

Thanks in Advance.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
civil legal options available?
« Reply #2085 on: July 06, 2017, 04:38:44 AM »
I am not sure why this guy could not sue CNN.  I am sure there must some legal experts who would gladly take such a case.

Because he made an attempt at humor  involving CNN and Trump?

While CNN has made a fortune doing everything possible to damage and destroy Trumps's Presidency.

Because the guy made a disparaging post against Muslims CNN thinks they have the right to destroy , extort, blackmail, threaten this guy/gal?

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media, Ministry of Truth Issues, Muslim vs Non Muslim terror coverage
« Reply #2086 on: July 06, 2017, 07:39:30 AM »
Right for GM's math.  They are not 12% more dangerous but more than 12 times more likely to commit a major terror act.  My hunch is that is understated by the methodology.  The study uses "meet the widely used definitions of terrorism", but there is no easy or perfect line between terrorism and mass murder and they chose a particular time period.

In support of the study, there are criminal and terror acts committed by non-Muslim Democrats that go under-reported all the time, 100 people shot in Chicago over the fourth, Steve Scalise back in intensive care, black lives matter inciting cop assassinations, for examples.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media, Ministry of Truth Issues, Muslim vs Non Muslim terror coverage
« Reply #2087 on: July 06, 2017, 08:41:16 AM »
Right for GM's math.  They are not 12% more dangerous but more than 12 times more likely to commit a major terror act.  My hunch is that is understated by the methodology.  The study uses "meet the widely used definitions of terrorism", but there is no easy or perfect line between terrorism and mass murder and they chose a particular time period.

In support of the study, there are criminal and terror acts committed by non-Muslim Democrats that go under-reported all the time, 100 people shot in Chicago over the fourth, Steve Scalise back in intensive care, black lives matter inciting cop assassinations, for examples.

All very important points.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
We Should Cheer CNN’s Ritual Suicide
« Reply #2088 on: July 06, 2017, 08:43:47 AM »
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2017/07/06/we-should-cheer-cnns-ritual-suicide-n2350761

We Should Cheer CNN’s Ritual Suicide
Kurt Schlichter |Posted: Jul 06, 2017 12:01 AM 

If you ever had any doubt that Donald Trump was right that the mainstream media is the enemy of the American people, CNN corrected your inexplicable inability to comprehend this painfully obvious truth by choosing July 4th to threaten some guy for daring to make fun of Its Medianess Holiness. Apparently, if you dare defy the media it has the right to wreck your life - as long as you are an anti-Obama rodeo clown or a meme-making rando on Reddit. If you are a zillionaire like Anthony Scaramucci with the bucks to hire top flight law firms and Gawkerize its lame carcass - which I would have done in a split-second if CNN had lied about me the way it did about him - then you get a free pass.

Instead of comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable, CNN's new motto is apparently “Confront the afflicted and settle with the comfortable.” Every time I see the CNN logo I hear James Earl Jones's voice intoning “This is CNN, and we suck.”

But actually, maybe we should all thank CNN for its work guaranteeing Trump’s second term.

Now, before we move on, someone is going to point out that the meme guy is kind of a jerk and said stuff that offends decent people. So? How is that the point? This is a multi-billion dollar media corporation using all its power to threaten an individual into not criticizing it. How is that ever okay? And don't pretend for a minute this media extortion precedent gets limited to outlier Reddit guys. Normal Americans are next.

The media babbles about “principles,” but as soon as they become inconvenient then out the window go those precious “principles.” A silly wrestling gif supporting the president “promotes violence against the media,” but a week before that funding a play where President Trump is stabbed to death was artful political commentary? That’s my objection to all this recent “principles” talk. They are never actually promoting “principles.” It is always a scam and a pose designed to stop other people from acting in, or defending, their own interests. These “principles” never, ever require the people allegedly holding them to not act in, or defend, their interests.

CNN has all sorts of “principles” it uses to bludgeon its opponents, none of which ever seem to limit CNN’s own actions. How convenient.

President Trump sees this and not only calls it out but refuses to back down even an inch in the face of the media’s predictable “Oh, well, I never!” campaign of conservashaming. That's why we see wussy Fredocon Republicans like Jeb! and Kasich trotted out to sadly shake their heads; they're always willing to submit to this nonsense and obediently trash conservatives in the name of principles that they never, ever apply to the media or to their liberal string-pullers. But Trump doesn't play that, and whatever his other faults, it's glorious.

Normal Americans are receptive to Trump’s attacks on the media because they hate the mainstream media too. They are now woke to the unarguable fact that the mainstream media is almost entirely composed of liberal activists who hate normal people and who see absolutely nothing wrong with using their platform to aggressively promote a leftist agenda, all while presenting themselves as non-partisan public servants.

It’s all a lie, and we know it, and beyond the hate directed at us, having the hypocrisy of it rubbed in our faces is even more galling. You know, if you want the prestige and honor due a nonpartisan, objective truth teller, you need to actually be a nonpartisan, objective truth teller. If you won't do the hard work of doing that, then you don't get the benefit. You want respect? Try earning it.

But the media doesn't want to have to do that. It wants its cake, and to eat it too, and further, it wants to make us bake it lots of cakes and write on them “Best Wishes Upon Your Voluntary Transformation From Boy To Girl By The Mere Power Of Your Wanting To Because That Is Totally A Thing And So Is Global Warming And Russians.”

It’s reassuring to see the near universal contempt for CNN’s creepy extortion gambit, and perhaps by the time this column runs the CNN brain trust will have listened to their general counsel, who has probably aged 15 years in the last 15 days, and apologized, retracted, and fired everyone associated with this unbelievable idiocy.

Or it might double down, because CNN's innovative ratings strategy appears to be focused entirely toward identifying and pursuing a smaller, more select audience composed solely of members of the elite Complete Idiot demographic.

Whatever. I just want CNN to collapse, and I want to laugh at its twitching corpse. And then superstars like noted legal scholar Chris Cuomo can focus on important things, like his new puppy Woofy.

Perhaps the best part of all of this is the indisputable fact that CNN’s own actions have validated every bad thing Trump has ever said about the lying media. That he was totally and completely correct about CNN's moral bankruptcy makes it all the sweeter.

As much as it is a joy to see CNN shred its pretenses and act openly as we always knew it wanted to, this sort of thing is not good. There is a cultural war underway already, and this only makes it more likely to get worse. When the media takes a side, it makes the other side its enemy. That’s a conscious choice. And CNN seems happy to help feed the fire by embracing its liberal fascist id.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
The joy of CNN memes
« Reply #2089 on: July 07, 2017, 10:05:30 AM »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: CNN getting doxxed!
« Reply #2091 on: July 07, 2017, 02:42:31 PM »
http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/05/cnn-staff-reeling-after-personal-info-leaked/?utm_campaign=thedcmainpage&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social

Technology is a great leveler. Asymmetrical 4th/5th generation warfare is a bitch, especially for those who think that they live above it.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
That's our job!
« Reply #2092 on: July 08, 2017, 02:13:39 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ9ce-yMEfc

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ9ce-yMEfc [/youtube]

https://mobile.twitter.com/princeofpast/status/883669567561773058/photo/1

It's all about control.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Bigdog right again about islamic terror in the US
« Reply #2093 on: July 09, 2017, 01:52:12 PM »
https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/2017/07/09/fact-check-94-percent-of-us-domestic-terrorism-fatalities-are-caused-by-islamic-terrorists/

I again see that Bigdog's insight into the disproportionate threat of islamic terrorism in the US is validated.

I commend you sir! It can't be easy to proclaim such ideas in today's leftist groupthink dominated academia.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Media Issues, The moment ABC News realized Donald Trump won the election
« Reply #2094 on: July 10, 2017, 12:17:56 PM »
Live at the Morgue, featuring Stephy war-room Stephanopolous and our own favorite  :wink:, the professional and unbiased Martha Raddatz at 10:00: "They didn't listen to us."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVwsHRCuBoc

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
And They Claim TRUMP Is Collaborating With Russia?
« Reply #2095 on: July 11, 2017, 06:33:21 AM »
https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/2017/07/10/and-they-claim-trump-is-collaborating-with-russia/

And They Claim TRUMP Is Collaborating With Russia?
 BY CHARLIE MARTIN JULY 10, 2017

The Washington Post is really starting to piss me off. And Politico. And (of course) CNN.

I thought of it when I read Politico's story about how Trump's efforts to catch leakers were having a "chilling effect" on the intelligence community. To which my reaction, of course, was to say "Freakin' A! What did you think it was supposed to do!"

Well, okay, I didn't say "freakin'".

This came out about the same time as the congressional report that there has been a damaging intelligence leak every damned day since Trump was inaugurated.

Some are more important than others, of course -- it was just embarrassing when it was leaked that the U.S. was wiretapping the Russian ambassador (no -- really!?) and a little frustrating when the press leaked that the 35 Russians expelled and the Russian diplomatic facilities closed by Obama were actually doing intelligence collection (gee, no kidding? Have you ever looked at the antenna farms on the roof of the Russian Consulate in San Francisco?).

Some of the leaks were far worse, like confirmation that the Obama administration had been listening to, unmasking, and distributing conversations with thousands of "U.S. Persons." In that case, the damage was to whatever remaining trust Americans might have that the NSA and CIA aren't being used as political arms of the administration; this is a subtle cancer on the legitimacy of either agency. The degree to which "Russian collusion" is still an issue, while this story is not, ought to be a major crisis for the credibility of American media, but I'm afraid that boat has already left the bus station.

The worst of it, though, is the Washington Post story a few days ago:

Follow
 Greg Miller ✔ @gregpmiller
Obama secretly ordered cyberweapons planted in Russian networks. It will be up to Trump whether to use them. http://wapo.st/2rISxYT?tid=ss_tw
4:53 AM - 23 Jun 2017
Photo published for Obama’s secret struggle to punish Russia for Putin’s election assault
Obama’s secret struggle to punish Russia for Putin’s election assault
The White House debated various options to punish Russia, but facing obstacles and potential risks, it ultimately failed to exact a heavy toll on the Kremlin for its election meddling.
washingtonpost.com
  132 132 Retweets   123 123 likes
Golly, folks at WaPo, does no one see the problem here?

The article starts out:

Early last August, an envelope with extraordinary handling restrictions arrived at the White House. Sent by courier from the CIA, it carried “eyes only” instructions that its contents be shown to just four people: President Barack Obama and three senior aides.
Okay, look: if it's so sensitive that it can't be in the presidential daily brief but it's delivered "eyes only" to Obama and three aides, what is it doing in the Washington Post?!

SPONSORED

Oh, and just in passing, we have Clapper, Obama, and three aides. Which three aides? You've just told us that someone revealed that information to you, and it pretty much has to be one of those five people. Unless there's a secret pardon for them, one of them just violated the Espionage Act.

It goes on:

Inside was an intelligence bombshell, a report drawn from sourcing deep inside the Russian government that detailed Russian President Vladi­mir Putin’s direct involvement in a cyber campaign to disrupt and discredit the U.S. presidential race.
But it went further. The intelligence captured Putin’s specific instructions on the operation’s audacious objectives — defeat or at least damage the Democratic nominee, Hillary Clinton, and help elect her opponent, Donald Trump.

So here we are revealing that we have a source leaking Putin's secret instructions about damaging Hillary's campaign. At this point, there are basically two possibilities: either this information is being fed to us as disinformation, or we just blew a highly placed source inside the Kremlin. If it's the second case, the Washington Post just not only eliminated a valuable source, but they probably killed someone.

But it goes on:

Over that five-month interval, the Obama administration secretly debated dozens of options for deterring or punishing Russia, including cyberattacks on Russian infrastructure, the release of CIA-gathered material that might embarrass Putin and sanctions that officials said could “crater” the Russian economy. ....
Obama also approved a previously undisclosed covert measure that authorized planting cyber weapons in Russia’s infrastructure, the digital equivalent of bombs that could be detonated if the United States found itself in an escalating exchange with Moscow. The project, which Obama approved in a covert-action finding, was still in its planning stages when Obama left office. It would be up to President Trump to decide whether to use the capability.

So let's translate this: the Obama administration considered a bunch of counter-attacks (and eventually just did some sanctions), but they also started planning much more serious cyberattacks that could be installed now and fired later. They expected them to be finished in the next administration, which meant under Trump.

Only now, the Washington Post just told the world, including the Russians, about them. This almost certainly means that they've completely eliminated the possibility these attacks might be used, and have also realized we had the capability.

Which is the point at which I tweeted back to Greg Miller "What the hell is wrong with you?!" or something to that effect.

I mean, let's sum it up: in this one story, the Washington Post just leaked two extremely sensitive chunks of information, blew a source that probably took years to develop and who, if lucky, was spirited out of the country before FSB took him to the Basement of No Return, then told the Russians that not only did we have the capability to install "cyberbombs" in their infrastructure, but were actively making plans. (Oh hey, all you Democrats who were talking about hacking Podesta's emails being an "act of war"? THIS is what a cyberwarfare act of war would look like, not just embarrassing someone.)

And why? To add to the story about Trump colluding with the Russians by implication. Oh, and one other reason: these leaks now mean that Trump probably can't use the cyber-"weapons" that were being discussed.

The overuse of the word "treason" is a sort of pet peeve of mine, as I've written before. Well, this still doesn't quite make it, because we're not actually at war with Russia. (If we keep leaking stories about how we're preparing to attack their infrastructure, it could happen yet, however.) But at this point it seems clear that Miller and the leakers did this purposefully, and the leakers did it in violation of their oaths and with utter disregard to the safety of the United States of America.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: July 11, 2017, 06:50:50 AM »
Please post in Intel Matters as well.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
CNN: Bastille day celebrates WW 1
« Reply #2099 on: July 15, 2017, 04:16:20 PM »
https://twitter.com/tomshattuck/status/885561848644468737

i like the poster in one comment  who envisions Sergeant York storming the Bastille!    :lol: