Author Topic: Media, Ministry of Truth Issues  (Read 1041203 times)

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
from the compost
« Reply #2351 on: October 30, 2018, 05:30:39 AM »
looks at how they twist it all around:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-ll-put-asylum-033359911.html

"  resident Donald Trump said Monday on Fox News that he planned to put any members of the migrant caravan who apply for asylum into new “tent cities” that would be “all over the place,” sharpening his recent efforts to politicize the southern border ahead of next month’s midterm elections."

So Trump who is reacting to an invasion of thousands is "politicizing" the issue ahead of the election instead of him simply defending our borders against a Leftist organized  mob invasion before the election.

"  is comments come amid nationwide attention over a 3,500-member migrant caravan that has traveled through Central America and into Mexico on its way to the U.S. border, where many people traveling in the group plan to apply for asylum after fleeing violence in Honduras"

now it is back down to 3,500 which is the lowest number I have heard for 2 weeks.   And of course they are all lovely people who just are fleeing violence.

" Top Story
Trump Says He’ll Put Any Asylum Seeker From Migrant Caravan In ‘Tent Cities’
HuffPost  Nick Visser,HuffPost 8 hours ago
Reactions  Reblog on Tumblr  Share  Tweet  Email

President Donald Trump said Monday on Fox News that he planned to put any
President Donald Trump said Monday on Fox News that he planned to put any members of the migrant caravan who apply for asylum into new “tent cities” that would be “all over the place,” sharpening his recent efforts to politicize the southern border ahead of next month’s midterm elections.

“We’re catching; we’re not releasing,” Trump said in the interview with Fox News host Laura Ingraham. “So if they want to come over, we’re not even doing that. We’re not letting them into this country. If they apply for asylum, we’re going to hold them until such time as their trial takes place.”

The president said he would order the construction of tent cities that’d be “very nice.” But he said he wouldn’t spend “hundreds of millions of dollars” on “structures” to house anyone detained while awaiting the outcome of an asylum application.

“We’re going to put tents up all over the place,” Trump said, before noting that “they’re going to wait, and, if they don’t get asylum, they’re going to get out.”

His comments come amid nationwide attention over a 3,500-member migrant caravan that has traveled through Central America and into Mexico on its way to the U.S. border, where many people traveling in the group plan to apply for asylum after fleeing violence in Honduras. Trump said Monday he planned to deploy 5,200 troops to the region by the end of the week, even though the caravan itself, in which people are traveling mostly on foot, is weeks away from the border.

Critics have accused the White House of using the U.S. military to rally voters ahead of the midterms, especially since Republicans face a tough battle to retain control of the House of Representatives.

"  Clara Long, a senior researcher for the U.S. Program at Human Rights Watch, said the proposal sounded like a “very expensive disaster” in the making."

So the response is a "disaster" not the fact we have nearly open borders as it is.

"“Having manufactured a crisis around the caravan, Trump is now explicitly vowing to waste millions of dollars of taxpayer money on it. When it comes to children, immigration detention is never appropriate under human rights law,” Long said in an email to HuffPost"

So the whole response is "manufactured" (out of thin air ) and the "children" theme again .  The poor children . 
"  It’s unclear if his recent tent city proposal would be legal, and such a plan would likely provoke a fierce court battle."

We already know the LEFt will be filing lawsuits up the whazoo and there will be some Democrat Judge who will comply.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media, Ministry of Truth Issues
« Reply #2352 on: October 30, 2018, 07:37:08 AM »
My initial impression is that tent cities are a really good idea-- it solves the "tearing families apart" meme AND catch and release!

Well done President Trump!!!

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: October 30, 2018, 01:43:14 PM »
The tent cities should be located in Mexico.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
NPC flavored ice cream
« Reply #2354 on: October 30, 2018, 01:51:02 PM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: October 30, 2018, 03:03:32 PM »
The "resist" flavor must take like crap because BS is what the resistance serves up.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Whitey Bulger
« Reply #2356 on: October 31, 2018, 05:16:12 AM »
no mention of who did it or how they get away with this right under the noses of the guards :

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/whitey-bulger-boston-gangster-found-172442940.html

the real reason I post , is notice how FBI corruptly working with Irish Bulger to get the iTalian criminals but NO MENTION of who was at FBI then - Mueller .  Where is his name?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Whitey Bulger
« Reply #2357 on: October 31, 2018, 01:11:18 PM »
no mention of who did it or how they get away with this right under the noses of the guards :

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/whitey-bulger-boston-gangster-found-172442940.html

the real reason I post , is notice how FBI corruptly working with Irish Bulger to get the iTalian criminals but NO MENTION of who was at FBI then - Mueller .  Where is his name?

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
so 44.5 yrs later
« Reply #2358 on: October 31, 2018, 02:56:23 PM »
someone, obviously crats decided for no particular reason to release this now:

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/watergate-roadmap-released-read-the-formerly-sealed-grand-jury-report-and-recommendation/

Man we are really up against a propaganda MACHINE

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: October 31, 2018, 05:36:54 PM »
Please post that in the Mueller thread as well.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
VDH on CNN
« Reply #2360 on: November 05, 2018, 10:38:35 AM »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media, Ministry of Truth, Steve Hayward (Powerline) on Jim Acosta (CNN)
« Reply #2361 on: November 08, 2018, 06:43:05 AM »
He’s quite useful for Trump to have around, exposing the mendacity and self-regarding partisanship of the media on a daily basis. ... Trump ought to call a press conference and let Acosta ask all the questions, which would go poorly for Acosta, and also make the rest of the White House press corp resent Acosta. I say let that man make a fool of himself for as long as he wants.
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/11/loose-ends-52-mostly-on-the-election.php

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
CNN IS enemy of majority
« Reply #2364 on: November 14, 2018, 05:34:51 AM »
at least on this issue:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/11/13/cnn-exit-poll-majority-of-swing-state-voters-support-trumps-nationalist-immigration-agenda/

IF CNN keeps pushing their agenda that opposes the majority of Americans then I would not call them my friend

They are not a news organization .  They are not just simply supplying information .  They are distorting everything they can in every way they can to bring down a President I voted for .
They are a one sided propaganda outlet for the Democrat Party .

So yes CNN you are and enemy of at least half the people of this country.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Ted Olsen *was* the hero of the Right
« Reply #2365 on: November 14, 2018, 05:54:35 AM »
I cannot believe Ted Olsen who is representing Acosta actually believes Acosta's freedom of speech is being silenced .  What happened to this guy .  All he does is take up leftist causes
he is just a hired gun or a rino or what:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/who-is-ted-olson-the-former-bush-lawyer-representing-cnn-and-acosta-against-the-white-house

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: November 14, 2018, 07:35:52 AM »
ccp regarding Trump missed a cemetery visit:
"The New Yorker is same as NYT."

Yes and you could say New Yorker is same as Rolling Stone, Huffington Post, The Nation.  Is it news that a President did not visit a certain place?

Thread suggestion:  I think we should split off a new topic for "Fake News".  As we come into 2020, that term will only grow in usage and controversy.  Media like Meet the Press and their guests say they've never seen such dishonesty and combativeness in a President.  People on the other side who use the term 'Fake News' need to be able to list off multiples of major news stories in major news outlets in the Trump era that were patently false.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: November 14, 2018, 11:57:40 AM »
Disagree on the Fake News thread; I am unhappy with the Pathological Science thread on SC&H and don't want to repeat those dynamics.  Best to have it all in one thread where whether something is pathological or fake can be worked out.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: November 14, 2018, 06:56:34 PM »
Understood.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 10:55:30 AM by Crafty_Dog »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: CNN and Acosta win?!?
« Reply #2370 on: November 16, 2018, 12:59:13 PM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: November 16, 2018, 01:07:11 PM »
Trump seemed calm enough in discussing it with Chris Wallace; basically "The judge says we need due process procedures.  Fine, they are being drawn up as I speak."

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: November 16, 2018, 02:52:07 PM »
Trump seemed calm enough in discussing it with Chris Wallace; basically "The judge says we need due process procedures.  Fine, they are being drawn up as I speak."

Only the latest in a long line of incidents.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
NOt a brock or bill appointed judge
« Reply #2373 on: November 16, 2018, 03:00:59 PM »
but one of Trump's own
appointed judges!

perhaps to prove he is not in Trump's pocket??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_J._Kelly

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: NOt a brock or bill appointed judge
« Reply #2374 on: November 16, 2018, 03:16:32 PM »
but one of Trump's own
appointed judges!

perhaps to prove he is not in Trump's pocket??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_J._Kelly

Hey, just like our various rino-Flakes, he has to keep getting invites to the right parties.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Trump: I'll Throw Acosta Out the Next Time He Acts Like a Child, Or I'll Just Wa
« Reply #2375 on: November 16, 2018, 04:03:51 PM »
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/378179.php

November 16, 2018
Trump: I'll Throw Acosta Out the Next Time He Acts Like a Child, Or I'll Just Walk Out Myself

The judge made up some bullshit about a requirement of "due process" to cancel a hard pass, so Trump should just set up a tribunal, stocked with reliable people, who would evaluate "reporter" behavior and complaints from the White House about reporter behavior.

Then, "due process" satisfied -- until they Hawaiian judges discover a new Orange Man Bad penumbra and emanation in the Constitution.

But for now, Trump is saying he'll just toss him out again or cancel the press conference.

Jon Gabriel has an interesting suggestion: Trump should call on only Acosta, and only let Acosta speak for the full hour of a press conference.

Hey, if that's what the media wants -- the Jim Accoster Show -- then give it to them good and hard until they cry.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: November 16, 2018, 04:08:59 PM »
"Jon Gabriel has an interesting suggestion: Trump should call on only Acosta, and only let Acosta speak for the full hour of a press conference"

Not a bad idea .

Another idea is to have a microphone that can simply be turned off. so if this self serving pervert keeps shooting his mouth off just turn the mike off and give another to someone else

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: November 16, 2018, 06:50:37 PM »
Have a mike that can be told to give off an electrical shock.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
First Lady supposedly spends too much
« Reply #2378 on: November 17, 2018, 10:26:58 AM »
Before the Huff post gets all bent out of shape (even more) by this :

https://www.yahoo.com/news/melania-trump-apos-hotel-charges-023639763.html

which of course makes front page yahoo news they ought to have this reminder slammed over their lying heads:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2029615/Michelle-Obama-accused-spending-10m-public-money-vacations.html

:x

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: November 17, 2018, 10:51:07 AM »
Have a mike that can be told to give off an electrical shock.

Very funny.  I won't be surprised if Trump just gives him his own podium and has him start fielding some of the questions - and quietly slips out the back of the room.  The 'journalists' seem to have all the answers.  Maybe they can just talk among themselves and report on that and he can go through his other channels.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
2nd post today
« Reply #2380 on: November 17, 2018, 10:52:37 AM »
Mark Levin wonders what freedom of the press/speech is all about in Judge's ruling on CNN/Aocsta/ Trump case:

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/levin-you-and-i-have-no-idea-exactly-what-took-place-in-that-courtroom-during-the-jim-acosta-ruling/

I am not sure what procedure was broken or rules were broken when Acosta ordered out.   For as long as I can remember it was understood you don't stand there and hog a microphone and continue to badger the President because you don't like him.

Suddenly we need to have WRITTEN CONTRACTURAL protocols?  on how to act at a WH Press conference?

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Zuck annoyed the Left; now he is a frenemy
« Reply #2381 on: November 19, 2018, 01:32:18 PM »
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/11/19/usa-today-donald-trump-must-break-up-big-tech-monopolies/

Funny ,  the media never made a peep about this prior to Cambridge analytica.    :wink:

I guess all the money and tech advice they gave to obama and the DNC paid off for a while.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Major Media Ignore Dem Rep’s Nuke Comments
« Reply #2382 on: November 24, 2018, 02:17:51 AM »
https://freebeacon.com/issues/swalwell-suggests-government-use-nukes-americans-resisting-gun-confiscation/

Major Media Ignore Dem Rep’s Nuke Comments
Mainstream media remain silent on Swalwell comments

November 21, 2018 3:10 pm

Major media outlets have provided little or no coverage of a Democratic congressman's suggestion the government would use "nukes" against Americans who resisted efforts to confiscate semiautomatic weapons.

On Friday, during an exchange over his proposal to confiscate certain firearms, Representative Eric Swalwell (D., Calif.) suggested the government would use nuclear weapons against Americans who resisted confiscation efforts.

"And it would be a short war my friend," he tweeted. "The government has nukes. Too many of them. But they're legit."

Swalwell later claimed his suggestion the government would use nuclear weapons against Americans was "sarcastic" but did not respond to a Washington Free Beacon request for comment or clarification of his views.

Swalwell's comments were widely criticized by Republicans as well as gun-rights activists. Rep. Liz Cheney (R., Wyo.) and Rep. Thomas Massie (R., Ky.) condemned Swalwell's statements. NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch responded to Swalwell by saying "threatening (either seriously or even facetiously, progressives tell me nuance and euphemisms are dead and everything is literal in meaning) voters with nukes because you, not they, don't understand the argument is both bad lawmaking and advocacy."

A Free Beacon search of television archive TVEyes found zero mentions of Swalwell's comments or the reaction to them in coverage on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, or MSNBC. A search of those outlets' websites returned zero results as well. A search of the New York Times website found zero stories on the comments.

CNN interviewed Swalwell the day after his comments suggesting the government might nuke Americans in a hypothetical gun confiscation effort but did not ask him about his tweets or even mention them, instead asking him about President Trump's comments on Nancy Pelosi.

The Washington Post included one of Swalwell's follow-up tweets in a daily news roundup, and 51 words out of a 3,000-word David Weigel newsletter. That newsletter dedicated 12 of those 51 words to note that "There was no corner of the Internet where this went over well." The paper provided no other coverage of Swalwell's comments.

In contrast, Fox News dedicated several online stories to the congressman's comments. Fox & Friends also discussed the story on air, as did Tucker Carlson.

Swalwell's comments also garnered stories from many right-leaning media outlets. The Washington Free Beacon, Washington Times, Blaze, Washington Examiner, and a host of other conservative outlets covered the congressman's comments.

Despite the relative silence on Swalwell's "nuke" comments, controversial comments made by others have received a great deal of coverage from major media outlets in the recent past.

In October 2016, former Republican congressman Joe Walsh tweeted he would be "grabbing [his] musket," if Clinton won the presidential election. News outlets gave the comment widespread attention. NBC News wrote a story on the comments. MSNBC asked Walsh about the comments live on air. CNN ran pieces on air and online. The Washington Post did multiple articles on Walsh's comments including one satirical piece entirely dedicated to Walsh's tweet.

More recently, reporter Eddie Scary posted a tweet last week with a photograph of Representative-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., N.Y.) from behind and commented on her appearance, saying "that jacket and coat don't look like a girl who struggles."

The resulting controversy and backlash received widespread coverage across major print and television outlets. "Twitter lights up after journalist comments on Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's outfit," an ABC News headline read. A New York Times piece recounted how Ocasio-Cortez was reinventing social media use. The Washington Post featured a headline describing how "Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez wore clothing, a journalist tweeted a photo, and the Internet pounced."

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: November 26, 2018, 09:29:05 AM »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: November 26, 2018, 03:07:32 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/melania-trump-slammed-showing-off-historically-ludicrous-christmas-decor-children-tear-gassed-border-great-way-start-holiday-season-164243278.html

lucky it is only tear gas
The Russians would know how to end this stuff once and for all.

The left cares deeply for children, when they aren't aborting them or whatever.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Acosta vs. reality
« Reply #2385 on: November 26, 2018, 03:36:05 PM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media, Ministry of Truth Issue
« Reply #2388 on: December 05, 2018, 02:59:12 AM »
Rest in peace George Bush, a good and decent man, but mark me down as unimpressed by the accolades of journalists who most certainly never voted for him.

In all that he accomplished, George Bush won 37% of the vote in re election.  One reason he lost was a recession that was 9 months over by the end of his term, fully unreported by the biased,  activist opposition media.

The best Republican to the media is a soft and kind one that is easiest to defeat.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 07:23:58 AM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: December 05, 2018, 03:04:15 AM »
He lost because of Ross Perot.  Worth noting  is that because of Perot, in both '92 and '96, Bill Clinton received a smaller % of the vote than did Donald Trump in 2016. 

I think I have this right.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: December 05, 2018, 03:47:34 AM »
He lost because of Ross Perot.  Worth noting  is that because of Perot, in both '92 and '96, Bill Clinton received a smaller % of the vote than did Donald Trump in 2016. 

I think I have this right.

Ross Perot provided Clinton his margin of victory but George Bush lost because 63 percent of those who voted (and 100% of those who didn't vote) were uninspired to vote for him in reelection.

Those in the media especially he pleased by breaking his pledge were happy to stab him in the back after they broke him with unrelenting pressure on policy.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: December 05, 2018, 07:03:52 AM »
" The best Republican to the media is a soft and kind one that is easiest to defeat. "

Exactly 
He was kind and nice and conciliatory . 
And that is why Republicans are facing extinction amidst the progressive onslaught.  Same is true of his son W  who is kind and decent, but then we got worse then Clinton .

If only Trump had some of the Bush traits...

or if the Bushes had some of his......

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: December 05, 2018, 07:05:35 AM »
" The best Republican to the media is a soft and kind one that is easiest to defeat. "

Exactly 
He was kind and nice and conciliatory . 
And that is why Republicans are facing extinction amidst the progressive onslaught.  Same is true of his son W  who is kind and decent, but then we got worse then Clinton .

If only Trump had some of the Bush traits...

or if the Bushes had some of his......

It's just nice to know that once a squishy republican dies, he's no longer Hitler.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media, Ministry of Truth, Fake News: Bush Grocery Store Scanner Story
« Reply #2393 on: December 07, 2018, 09:38:25 AM »
They treat you so nicely if you are a kinder, gentler Republican?  Not so much.

This story was fake from the beginning.
https://www.apnews.com/61f29d10e27140b0b108d8e12b64b839
"One last time, for the record: It was not an ordinary supermarket scanner."

False from the beginning.  NY Times ran with it, never retracted.
The New York Times ran a front page account under the headline, “Bush Encounters the Supermarket, Amazed.”

NY Times WAS NOT THERE.

It was Feb 1992.  Get him out.  Where was his twitter feed?  He couldn't or didn't fight back.

Just like CNN and Trump 2018, the mission is to bring him down, not report the news.

America wants a President who isn't so brash and self promoting, self defending?  Wrong.  H.W. Bush won 37% that year.  'W' let the world impugn him over lack of WMD when he had evidence of same that he never brought forward.  Never fully defended his tax.  Until hen lost Congress and they reversed course.

When America saw an accomplished and soft spoken Jeb Bush on the debate stage it reminded us of polite people not recognizing the media as the ruthless enemy it is out to eat them alive.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
no politically driven self interest here
« Reply #2394 on: December 11, 2018, 11:43:47 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-guardians-apos-truth-named-125106950.html

in the 70 s and 80s we used to subscribe to Time.

amazing how "Times" change......................

If bama was still Pres it might or might not be him on the cover, but it would not be journalist.

all about Trump in the end - 24/7.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Bill Kristol agan
« Reply #2395 on: December 12, 2018, 07:50:45 AM »
and again and again.

After his latest venture is going bankrupt he , like all those like him find some way to keep making cash with their big mouths.
He helped get us into the second Iraq war but he , like the rest of them , never go away .

He has his newest endeavor working on LEft wing media against his own party : 

https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/12/11/bill-kristol-trump-has-turned-the-white-house-into-a-ludicrous-stage-for-squabbling/

(like it or not Kristol - Trump is the party now!  The stakes are higher then your head is )

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Bill Kristol agan
« Reply #2396 on: December 12, 2018, 08:26:13 AM »
The fight for the future of the party and the right to challenge the incumbent in the primaries is fair game.  Articles like that David French piece yesterday distort the truth play perfectly into Leftist hands.  When the never-Trump 'conservatives' cross over to supporting Democrats or just helping them win, they become former conservatives.  Sorry to have lost them.  Trump made two good Supreme Court picks, many more good appellate court picks, imperfect and incomplete tax rate reform, stood up to N.K. and China, broke down some trade barriers, repealed the administrative state of his predecessor and plans to build a wall.  There is plenty more to do but it won't happen by knocking down and breaking up what is left of the coalition.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Ater Trump what is Bill Kristol to do?
« Reply #2397 on: December 15, 2018, 08:47:12 AM »
https://townhall.com/columnists/jeffballabon/2018/12/15/hating-the-president-is-not-a-strategy-as-bill-kristol-just-learned-n2537512

He has a temporary home showing on Left wing media outlets because of his incessant T derangement syndrome but what happens after Trump.

I guess old blowhards like him will always find some way of living off shooting off his mouth.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: December 15, 2018, 09:14:29 AM »
Heh heh.