Author Topic: Media, Ministry of Truth Issues  (Read 1041368 times)

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Media Suppresses Story that ABC Killed Epstein Story
« Reply #2601 on: November 06, 2019, 07:44:41 PM »
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/384176.php

Professional journalists!

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media Suppresses Story that ABC Killed Epstein Story
« Reply #2602 on: November 07, 2019, 04:49:04 AM »
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/384176.php

Professional journalists!

It is an amazing business story that one of the former big three networks doesn't split off and go neutral or center-right. 

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media, Ministry of Truth Issues
« Reply #2603 on: November 07, 2019, 05:17:29 AM »
" . It is an amazing business story that one of the former big three networks doesn't split off and go neutral or center-right. "

Good point because there would be a market for that.

Surely the big bosses  are Deeemocwats first and business men second it appears.

If not Zucker would have been fired long ago.

As for MSLSD and Madcow they are making fortunes off Trump.
he should get a cut.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
So much for whistleblower coverage at ABC and CBS
« Reply #2604 on: November 07, 2019, 02:18:07 PM »
So Much for ‘Whistleblower’ Coverage at ABC and CBS
Rival networks join forces to punish disclosure.

By James Freeman
Nov. 7, 2019 3:56 pm ET

Co-host Amy Robach on the New York set of ABC’s "Good Morning America" in 2018. PHOTO: LOU ROCCO/ASSOCIATED PRESS
In the 50 days since news consumers were told that a federal whistleblower was expressing his disapproval of a presidential phone call, CBS News has aired or published more than 100 stories on President Donald Trump and Ukraine. Counting stories from local affiliates, the number rises above 200. That’s according to the Dow Jones Factiva news archive.

But CBS hasn’t come close to the wall-to-wall coverage offered by rival ABC News. A Factiva search of ABC stories about Mr. Trump and Ukraine yields 687 results for the last 50 days.

More than 300 of the ABC stories specifically include the term “whistleblower”. And roughly all of the stories are derived from the original allegations formulated by the unnamed government employee in consultation with the office of Rep. Adam Schiff (D., Calif.). Mr. Schiff publicly denied that such consultation had occurred but later acknowledged the fact as his falsehood was exposed.

Usually news organizations like ABC and CBS at least pretend to spend their days trying to report previously non-public information. But they recently decided not to report the name of the federal “whistleblower.” Ironically, the entire impeachment case hinges on an assumed political motivation by Mr. Trump for comments on a phone call that were not illegal. Yet by maintaining a blackout on the identity of the “whistleblower,” news outlets are impeding the public’s ability to learn about the possible political motivations of Mr. Trump’s accuser.

Not that the public can’t make a pretty good guess, given this January 2017 tweet from the alleged whistleblower’s lawyer, Mark Zaid:

#coup has started. First of many steps. #rebellion. #impeachment will follow ultimately. #lawyers
And then there’s this Zaid instant classic from July of 2017:

It’s very scary. We will get rid of him, and this country is strong enough to survive even him and his supporters. We have to.
But it seems that the sudden reverence for the imagined Constitutional right of an alleged whistleblower to remain anonymous doesn’t extend to people releasing information from non-Trump organizations like ABC and CBS. In fact these organizations have joined together to punish disclosure and forcefully deter any future whistleblowing within their news divisions.

The New York Post’s Sara Nathan reported this morning:

CBS News has fired a female staffer believed to have had access to the tape of Amy Robach raging against ABC News, Page Six understands.

We reported on Wednesday that ABC News chiefs discovered a former employee could be behind the leak of the damning footage of Robach slamming the network for shelving her interview with Jeffrey Epstein’s “sex slave” Virginia Roberts Giuffre. Sources told Page Six that a former staffer had access to the footage of Robach as she aired her frustrations over a hot mike — and that employee was now believed to be working at CBS.

A TV source told us later on Wednesday that the woman was let go from CBS, after ABC execs alerted the rival network.
ABC sources confirmed to us that they’d informed counterparts at CBS about the staffer “as a courtesy.”

This afternoon the Associated Press also is reporting that CBS has fired the employee. How lovely that two giant news organizations are willing to set aside their competitive differences and extend to each other the “courtesy” of helping to limit disclosure and dissent. And they say civility is dead!

On Wednesday Jeremy Barr noted in the Hollywood Reporter that ABC was making a serious effort to pull the mask off its internal whistleblower:

ABC News on Wednesday confirmed that it is pursuing the “source” of a leaked video that showed anchor Amy Robach expressing frustration with the network for not broadcasting an interview she conducted in 2015 with one of Jeffrey Epstein’s chief accusers.

“We take violations of company policy very seriously, and we’re pursuing all avenues to determine the source of the leak,” the network said in a statement provided to The Hollywood Reporter.

On Tuesday, the conservative advocacy group Project Veritas published the video... On Wednesday, journalist Yashar Ali
reported that ABC has identified the individual who accessed the Robach video.

And now it seems that CBS, which as far as this column can tell hasn’t been harmed at all by the employee, has fired her on the principle that whistleblowing must not be tolerated—unless it damages people like Mr. Trump.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Some Whistleblowers are more equal than others
« Reply #2605 on: November 07, 2019, 05:02:29 PM »
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/384198.php

If you stop the professional journalists from protecting pedos, you will be made to pay.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Media, Ministry of Truth, DT Jr on 'The View'
« Reply #2606 on: November 08, 2019, 07:32:30 AM »
I didn't even like this guy until the Left (nd the FBI etc) started attacking him.  He keeps a big smile and never says, let me finish, while they all scream at him.  His 'girlfriend' holds her own too.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/11/07/donald_trump_jr_spars_with_abcs_the_view_hosts_on_whistleblower_impeachment_epstein.html

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: November 08, 2019, 11:22:32 AM »
An example of fake news at work: 

The accompanying commentary here is from someone I know who used to work for our government with high security clearance:

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-11-08/outed-cia-officer-has-advice-for-whistle-blower-under-fire

The lies begin in the first sentence. 

Richard Armitage, Colin Powell’s buddy, leaked her name.  The guy who went to jail was Scooter Libby, who had nothing to do with that leak.  As I recall, he got sent to jail for perjury.  Which probably means the FBI wanted to take someone down, and he drew the short straw.

It’s also useful to understand that the Ambassador actually did get the job from the CIA because his wife recommended him.  And that it’s a dead certainty that he was allowed to publish the op-ed as a political hit on the administration.  On no planet would the Agency hire someone to do something for them and not have an NDA.  Finally, his op-ed basically confirmed that the Iraqis were looking for yellowcake in Niger.  There was no other reason for them to be there.

The LAT writer either doesn’t know those facts, or doesn’t care to share them.  Either way the article is a fabric of lies. 

Also, Plame was deeply partisan when her name got leaked, and wasn’t really undercover anyway.  She worked out of DC, and her cover had been blown to the Russians (and others) years prior by Aldrich Ames.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Nicole Wallace
« Reply #2611 on: November 14, 2019, 08:31:54 AM »
is clearly not a Republican or Conservative

she is an opportunist .  If she was the former she would not have her 77 K per yr job at MSLSD

same as that other asshole on CNn Bill Kristol:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/msnbc-nicolle-wallace-rips-fellow-061132167.html

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
why do any Republicans go on Chris Wallace show?
« Reply #2614 on: November 24, 2019, 04:13:53 PM »
Everyone knows he 100% will combat his guests no matter who to prove he quite the jurnolizt "

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-wallace-calls-out-gop-senator-for-pushing-debunked-conspiracy-182036006.html

To me this guy is out for old # 1.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: November 24, 2019, 07:13:07 PM »
After Fiona Hill's testimony I was rather stunned to see Bret Baier and Wallace and the rest of the panel praise her as the "star of the day'.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: November 25, 2019, 06:58:23 AM »
After Fiona Hill's testimony I was rather stunned to see Bret Baier and Wallace and the rest of the panel praise her as the "star of the day'.

I heard her.  She seemed credible in that she spoke fast, without hesitation, with great knowledge and confidence.  She radiated a career of experience. But when she got into the 'inter-agency consensus', 'veered from our talking points', and 'used irregular channels' crap, you realize these people think they run foreign policy and that the President and his confidants are trespassers on their turf.  At some point you realize none of these "witnesses" witnessed anything and are wasting our time with their hurt feelings and presumptions.  In other words, why are we here?  Her feelings were hurt?  This isn't how we used to do it?  What were the results under the way we used to do it?  Russia invaded Ukraine and took over Crimea?  Military aid was paused 2 months over a corruption concern??  It was 'paused' 8 years under Trump's predecessor.  How did you feel about that.  Different because it was Obama.  Did she see a bribe?  Did she witness extortion?  Did she hear someone say the goal was reelection?  Or did they say they were trying to root out corruption?

Alternate reality:  Coming out of polls is that people who watched the hearings saw something different than media reported.  Viewership fell each day that the hearings continued. Worst for the Democrats was that every political junkie watched the hearings and then missed the BIG Dem debate was later that same evening.  Record low viewership.  No one watched and no one missed anything.

One word keeps coming out of all Trump attack attempts: 'nothingburger'.  Meanwhile, Democrats haven't touched the (Trump negotiated) USMCA trade agreement, not even to criticize it.  Nothing is going on in healthcare (except new Trump initiatives).  No one (but Trump) is paying attention to China. We have the lowest black and Hispanic unemployment in history, with no thanks to the Democrat House or any Presidential candidate (other than the incumbent).
----
Jim Treacher (PJ Media) – Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 08:07:16 AM by DougMacG »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
CNN anchor brings in Priest, friend to DEBUNK Rick Perry
« Reply #2618 on: November 25, 2019, 05:48:56 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/25/politics/rick-perry-donald-trump-god/index.html

:-P

CNN keeps debunking all credibility trustworthiness, reliability, dependability, integrity, character it ever had .

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: November 26, 2019, 09:10:41 AM »
Dick Morris reports he is undergoing treatment for tongue cancer.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media, Liberty Daily, Conservative Alternative to Drudge
« Reply #2622 on: December 01, 2019, 07:56:18 AM »
https://thelibertydaily.com/

The Conservative Alternative to the Drudge Report

For reasons unknown at this point, Drudge Report became anti-Trump.

The first ten or twenty times I noticed that I thought it was just a coincidence, they were just posting balance, but now every conservative who looks there has noticed it.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Drudge's clear change
« Reply #2623 on: December 01, 2019, 09:41:39 AM »
" .For reasons unknown at this point, Drudge Report became anti-Trump."

Hey Doug.
I agree 100 %
after reading Drudge for decades it is obvious something has changed

from right leaning
to VERY  anti Trump not balanced.

I like the opposing views, and  I would rather it not be Breitbart , BUT  OTOH

if I want total anti Trump headlines blasting in my face every day  I could go to Huff compost.

will check out the new site, thanks.  I hope it is good.
I would prefer alternative to Drudge at this point.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Drudge's clear change
« Reply #2624 on: December 01, 2019, 09:58:39 AM »
" .For reasons unknown at this point, Drudge Report became anti-Trump."

Hey Doug.
I agree 100 %
after reading Drudge for decades it is obvious something has changed

from right leaning
to VERY  anti Trump not balanced.

I like the opposing views, and  I would rather it not be Breitbart , BUT  OTOH

if I want total anti Trump headlines blasting in my face every day  I could go to Huff compost.

will check out the new site, thanks.  I hope it is good.
I would prefer alternative to Drudge at this point.

This site is more blatantly partisan than Drudge was.  Drudge made his claim to fame by releasing the stories that big outlets were sitting on (cf. Monica Lewinski).  Those stories tend to be on one side because MSM doesn't sit on anti-Newt, anti-Bush, anti-Trump stories. 

There is still a void of great, professional, investigative, well-researched journalism, not the kind GM pokes fun at, journalism that doesn't care which side a big story comes down on.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Drudge, everyone asking?
« Reply #2625 on: December 03, 2019, 08:27:42 AM »
angry over the lack of success with illegals?

https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2019/12/03/what-happened-to-drudge-n2557319

mystery continues

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Dan Bongino report
« Reply #2626 on: December 04, 2019, 08:06:22 PM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
howard stern
« Reply #2629 on: December 06, 2019, 01:36:11 PM »
What took me by surprise is Howard Stern asking Clinton if Joan Rivers could have been in her book:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Gutsy_Women

I remember in 1987 while listening to his show in Philadelphia he seemed pissed at Rivers for some reason and thought it funny to crack jokes after her husband had committed suicide.

For some reason that stuck with me ever since as I thought it possibly the cruelest thing I ever heard on radio.
I never could get myself to like him after that - ever since .  Just could not get out of my mind for some reason. 

Now I wonder if he is making some sort of amends.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Bongino Report
« Reply #2630 on: December 07, 2019, 07:10:46 AM »
we'll see where this goes:

https://bonginoreport.com/

First heard Bongino on radio out in San Francisco
while at company meeting.

Thought he was great from day 1.  Sad he lost the Congressional race but we know many greats who have also lost  :-D

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: MSNBC and CNN use deceptively edited video to discredit Trump
« Reply #2632 on: December 08, 2019, 07:24:14 AM »
https://m.thebl.com/politics/msnbc-and-cnn-use-a-well-known-deceptively-edited-video-to-discredit-trump.html

He was talking about something very specific, his right to fire Robert Mueller, which he did not do.

Democrats' use of the video [in an impeachment hearing, if I understand this right] was to imply, infer that Trump believes there are no checks, no balances on any of his powers anywhere in the constitution, which is totally absurd.  Obviously he is aware of the impeachment process.

No honest observer looks at that obviously out of context quote without curiosity of the context.

He should be impeached for a partial quote, out of context, if you are them, if you are deranged, if you are desperate, if you cannot win on the issues or the truth.

They keep proving his fake news claim true.  You would think they would want to prove it false.

The media are no longer the willing accomplices of the Left.  The academia-media complex is the Left and the Democrats are the willing accomplices advancing their agenda.

Truth will come out in a Senate trial and will win.

Imagine their frustration losing to him with 93% of media stories viciously against him.  What would the score be on a level playing field?

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
of course
« Reply #2633 on: December 11, 2019, 06:30:25 AM »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media, Matt Drudge gone, sold, Rassmussen Reports, not confirmed.
« Reply #2635 on: December 11, 2019, 01:44:26 PM »
"Anyone who's been following Drudge for the last 25 years (!) has noticed an editorial shift at the site over the last year or so, with the aggregator regularly dropping the hammer on Trump, focusing on negative news about the president..."

https://pjmedia.com/trending/whats-going-on-with-drudge-rasmussen-claims-matts-not-there-anymore-word-is-he-sold/

'[We had this here, first.]

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: of course, Time, Greta
« Reply #2636 on: December 11, 2019, 05:02:52 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/time-names-teen-climate-change-125022363.html

does anyone read this rag anymore anyway?

I haven't seen one in years.

Insider says award is made by a vote of one editor.  She picked on commie teen who regurgitates what she is taught in government schools.

How did Greta win over Kamala.  Racism rears its ugly head - at the imaginary Time magazine.

Circulation not going well, AARP is beating them by 20-fold:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_magazines_by_circulation
---------------------
Their reader poll had it right:  The Hong Kong Protesters
https://time.com/5747261/person-of-the-year-2019-reader-poll-results/
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 05:16:45 PM by DougMacG »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
CNN on the dossier then and now
« Reply #2637 on: December 13, 2019, 03:13:13 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdIkgWdAq3Q&feature=youtu.be

These are professional journalists with credentials! Brave truth-tellers far above bias or partisan loyalty!

« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 07:09:23 AM by Crafty_Dog »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: December 14, 2019, 05:04:18 AM »
" .Brave truth-tellers far above bias or partisan loyalty!"

Just like the "career" Federal employees who honorably serve the Constitution and the country.

Just like the nonpartisan whistlesucker.

All above partisanship , bribes , self interest and who unanimously dedicate their lives to the service of all American citizens (and illegals) and upholding the Constitution.

Thank God for CNN to save us from tyranny , monarchy , dictatorship , and of course mental illness.  ( more ccp sarcasm )

« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 06:00:18 AM by ccp »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media, Ministry of Truth, Boris vs the BBC
« Reply #2640 on: December 17, 2019, 07:34:49 AM »
Interesting parallel to the US, Boris had to run against the BBC - and still won hugely:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/dec/15/boris-johnson-threatens-bbc-with-two-pronged-attack

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media, Who impeached whom
« Reply #2643 on: December 19, 2019, 08:09:07 AM »
The news is, House Impeaches Trump.  As expected, NYT headline is, Trump Impeached.

Subtle difference but who took what action yesterday?

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
All just so unnecessary
« Reply #2644 on: December 19, 2019, 08:25:46 AM »
Sadly Trump's actions led to this  ; was all this Gulliani's idea? (the Urkainian thing holding up funds for Biden thing) . I don't know.  Just so unnecessary Biden was/is a loser anyway

but this impeachment thing insults ME and EVERYONE  on my side

WE don't deserve this .

All this does is make me more committed to donate and pull that lever in 11 months!

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: All just so unnecessary
« Reply #2645 on: December 19, 2019, 10:09:10 AM »
Sadly Trump's actions led to this  ; was all this Gulliani's idea? (the Urkainian thing holding up funds for Biden thing) . I don't know.  Just so unnecessary Biden was/is a loser anyway

but this impeachment thing insults ME and EVERYONE  on my side

WE don't deserve this .

All this does is make me more committed to donate and pull that lever in 11 months!

They were for full speed impeachment for asking for the investigation favor before they knewthe funds were delayed.  Funds that were "delayed" 8 years under Obama.

Either it is okay for these two countries to cooperate on corruption, this corruption, or it is not.  If it is okay, then using a little leverage to nudge them is okay too.  If it is not okay to look into corruption that points to a potential opponent, then ... the whole Obama White House, FBi, CIA, DNC, HRC would be going to the hoosegow (juzgao / jail) too.

The House is impeaching the Schiff parody, "I want you to make up dirt on my opponent".  That didn't happen but almost every liberal convinces themselves it did. 
-----------------------
Trump didn't have to say the name Biden on the phone call with two dozen deep staters on it (and rape victims should be more careful how they dress).

The "already debunked" Ukraine thing in liberal-speak (cf. Chuck Todd, Schiff) doesn't have meaning to anyone but them after the whole debunked media-Democrat thing (cf. Russian collusion).

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: December 19, 2019, 10:30:12 AM »
" .Trump didn't have to say the name Biden on the phone call with two dozen deep staters on it "

exactly.
he handed them a gift
whether we agree or not ( I don't )  it gave the enemy of the Left lawyers the "big fat pitch" they were waiting for with the legal games that all of this is.

The gotcha game .  Blah blah blah .

We are a nation of laws for what so politiicians can just bullshit around them in ways that work for them?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: December 19, 2019, 01:34:12 PM »
I take a hard line on this.

Perfectly reasonable for President Trump to let the Ukes know not to fear to look into Biden.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: December 19, 2019, 03:10:19 PM »
" .Perfectly reasonable for President Trump to let the Ukes know not to fear to look into Biden"

Crafty I agree with you 100% .
But it is a good thing Republicans control the Senate or we would be seeing Trump removed from office on this basis

the Dems don't give a hoot what you or I think.

Just saying...

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: December 19, 2019, 04:39:48 PM »
" .Trump didn't have to say the name Biden on the phone call with two dozen deep staters on it "

exactly.
he handed them a gift
whether we agree or not ( I don't )  it gave the enemy of the Left lawyers the "big fat pitch" they were waiting for with the legal games that all of this is.

The gotcha game .  Blah blah blah .

We are a nation of laws for what so politiicians can just bullshit around them in ways that work for them?

We are a nation of laws are for the little people.

They were plotting to impeach Trump the minute they knew Hillary lost.