Author Topic: Media, Ministry of Truth Issues  (Read 1041363 times)

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Chris Wallace hits Dick Cheney right between the eyes
« Reply #1556 on: September 06, 2015, 01:52:41 PM »
This could go under Iraq, Iran, or Nuclear War , , , so I put it here.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/chris-wallace-smacks-down-dick-cheney-irans-nuclear-build-up-happened-on-your-watch/

For the record, I think there is a proper answer to the question.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Professional Journalists!
« Reply #1559 on: September 25, 2015, 07:51:42 AM »
http://datechguyblog.com/2015/09/24/an-indictment-of-american-newsroom-in-one-image/

If you are a professional journalist and utterly ignorant, thank a teacher!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media Issues - Dan Rather Truth is all false
« Reply #1563 on: October 13, 2015, 07:37:37 AM »
Beware of a false movie named truth:

Truth and the New York Times
The paper of record shills for a movie that claims to exonerate Dan Rather—against all evidence.

By Scott Johnson, Minneapolis attorney and Powerline co-founder

http://www.city-journal.org/2015/eon1012sj.html

The documents on which Rather based the second segment proved to be fabricated on Microsoft Word in the computer era, not typewritten in the early 1970s by Bush’s commanding officer or anyone else. The content and format of the documents also betrayed their fabrication.
--------------------------------------------------------

Yes, the false documents were produced with a Microsoft proportional spacing font a decade before Microsoft for MS-DOS was developed.  It was the author Scott Johnson and Powerline who, via contributions from readers, were first in media to expose the fraud.

Truth in liberal-speak means false.  Learn to translate if you find yourself following mainstream media or culture.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media Issues - Dan Rather Truth is all false
« Reply #1564 on: October 13, 2015, 08:33:54 AM »

Doug, these are Professional Journalists! They have credentials!

Beware of a false movie named truth:

Truth and the New York Times
The paper of record shills for a movie that claims to exonerate Dan Rather—against all evidence.

By Scott Johnson, Minneapolis attorney and Powerline co-founder

http://www.city-journal.org/2015/eon1012sj.html

The documents on which Rather based the second segment proved to be fabricated on Microsoft Word in the computer era, not typewritten in the early 1970s by Bush’s commanding officer or anyone else. The content and format of the documents also betrayed their fabrication.
--------------------------------------------------------

Yes, the false documents were produced with a Microsoft proportional spacing font a decade before Microsoft for MS-DOS was developed.  It was the author Scott Johnson and Powerline who, via contributions from readers, were first in media to expose the fraud.

Truth in liberal-speak means false.  Learn to translate if you find yourself following mainstream media or culture.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Liberal news jackals
« Reply #1566 on: October 15, 2015, 10:40:06 AM »
I was one of the medical students "rescued" in Grenada in 1983 before I finished my training at Rutgers in NJ.

I will never forget how when a group of us brought by C 130 transport from the island of Grenada (Granada is in Spain) where brought to the air force base in South Carolina we were rushed by so called reporters.   They shoved microphones in our faces and began asking us what we thought of the invasion and Reagan.  The shock and disappointment on their faces when we overwhelmingly thanked our military, our country and our President.

Thank God for America.   

Well right at that time one reporter literally ran over to tell the other jackal reporters that there was ONE student who was criticizing Reagan for "invading a sovereign nation".   

Immediately as though they were running to escape a burning building they yanked the microphones from us and rushed the ONE "f"ing liberal to interview him so they could have what they really wanted.

A story that students were bashing Reagan and the US military.

Remember this was the first military action after Vietnam when the libs were all over the military. 

I learned then first hand how 95 % of the people could be for something but the news media, looking for a story, and especially one that has the liberal slant will focus and give loud voice to the 5% all the while covering up that it is only a small minority opinion.

The vast majority of us praised Reagan.  The news jackals couldn't stand it.

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media Issues
« Reply #1567 on: October 15, 2015, 11:03:11 AM »
I would imagine you have a couple of stories about that bit in Grenada?  Were you by chance rescued by "Gunny Highway" and his Force Recon unit?  :-D
PPulatie

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: October 15, 2015, 12:06:50 PM »
86th airborne.
I met a few soldiers who were there.  One just recently, who said I was the first one he met who was there.

Between Grenada and barracks bombing in  Lebanon which occurred at the same time we finally saw a resurgence of respect for our military after the flower children clowns of the 60's thought they co opted the right to criticize our soldiers who risk life and limb to protect us.

As for Gunny Highway ( a great movie),  there were many of them on the Island.

No one would have ever believed we would have a President and a Democrat party who would make our country the villain in the world today. 

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: October 15, 2015, 12:26:22 PM »
CCP:  "I was one of the medical students "rescued" in Grenada in 1983 ..."

What an experience!  I never knew that.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: October 15, 2015, 01:57:34 PM »
What a thrill it was to be on the White House lawn watching Reagan give a speech.
Nancy standing proudly at his side slowly turning her gaze from one side of the audience to the other with a glistening radiance.

The bravery of our troops was a sight to behold.  I was not brave.  I was studying only to find myself in the middle of a battle.  :-o

Most importantly 90% of the Grenadians were happy the US invaded and kicked out the Cuban backed communist regime.

Now we have some punk in the WH who embraces communism......   Embraces Cuba.....   Who disrespects this country every day.....   :x

Your damn right I am angry.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Washington Post "Fact Checker" just can't say Pinncchio for Liberal Lies
« Reply #1573 on: October 23, 2015, 12:45:09 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2015/10/23/elizabeth-warrens-claim-that-the-bottom-90-percent-got-zero-percent-of-wage-growth-after-reagan/

Kessler:  It's false but we're not going to award it any Pinocchio's, our measure of falsehoods.

Elizabeth Warren / Thomas Piketty:  We count income without counting all income.

We use these arguments to justify more programs but don't count the trillions in programs we already waste.

You can point out the falsehoods all you want; we're going to keep on quoting false studies.

Washington Post has locked me off their site.  Good riddance.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Washington Post "Fact Checker" just can't say Pinncchio for Liberal Lies
« Reply #1574 on: October 23, 2015, 01:07:17 PM »
We like in an era of unbridled corruption in government and the media. This is why I am leaving law enforcement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2015/10/23/elizabeth-warrens-claim-that-the-bottom-90-percent-got-zero-percent-of-wage-growth-after-reagan/

Kessler:  It's false but we're not going to award it any Pinocchio's, our measure of falsehoods.

Elizabeth Warren / Thomas Piketty:  We count income without counting all income.

We use these arguments to justify more programs but don't count the trillions in programs we already waste.

You can point out the falsehoods all you want; we're going to keep on quoting false studies.

Washington Post has locked me off their site.  Good riddance.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Washington Post "Fact Checker" just can't say Pinncchio for Liberal Lies
« Reply #1575 on: October 23, 2015, 02:32:58 PM »
"We like in an era of unbridled corruption in government and the media. This is why I am leaving law enforcement."

Unlock the jails, sic the IRS on your enemies, a brother and sister can marry, everything is legal - except for anything I might want to do.

Rush had a proposal after the Obama election.  Have two systems and let them compete.  He was referring to the tax system but maybe we could use it for everything.  Social security, welfare, over-taxation beyond your share of the cost of constitutional government?  Opt out.  Meth legal?  Fine, but we don't pay your healthcare and can shoot you if you come at us looking crazed or start stealing our stuff.  Paid family leave, $50 minimum wage, free day care from day one, fine, opt in.  Just quit forcing this stuff down our throats and then telling us it doesn't count when we measure the income of the recipients - when it is their primary source of income!

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Comparison
« Reply #1576 on: October 26, 2015, 02:44:00 PM »
The front page of the Newark Star Ledger had this story about Christie.   Hillary lying to the world with no remorse is OK.  But this my friends, this, is a big deal deserving any media time whatsoever let alone the front page:   :wink:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/25/nj-gov-chris-christie-apologizes-breaking-amtrak-quiet-car-rules/

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Even the "journalists" lie for political reasons
« Reply #1578 on: October 29, 2015, 10:49:55 AM »
This guy replaced Tim Russert!:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tom-blumer/2015/10/29/two-weeks-after-correcting-himself-cnbcs-harwood-lies-about-rubios

I went through and read the debate this morning.  Wow, are those questioners partisan jerks!

I would expect fairer treatment if the DNC hosted the Republican debate.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: October 29, 2015, 11:00:24 AM »
The more I read in the news about the back lash to the phony leftist moderators (probably got their scripts from big Wall Street leftists tied to the Clinton campaign or DNC or both) the more I am excited to see how the Republicans finally unifying around this.

That dirt ball Harwood may have done more than anyone else to motivate and unify the party.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Even the "journalists" lie for political reasons
« Reply #1580 on: October 29, 2015, 12:09:24 PM »
This guy replaced Tim Russert!:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tom-blumer/2015/10/29/two-weeks-after-correcting-himself-cnbcs-harwood-lies-about-rubios

I went through and read the debate this morning.  Wow, are those questioners partisan jerks!

I would expect fairer treatment if the DNC hosted the Republican debate.

The DNC did host the Republican debate, as usual.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
A Dick Morris story about POTH from 1995
« Reply #1581 on: November 04, 2015, 11:51:56 AM »
How Media Bias Works
By DICK MORRIS
Published on TheHill.com on November 3, 2015
What happened to the email scandal? Or the Clintons' speeches? Or the uranium deal where Vladimir Putin got control of our mines? Or Hillary Clinton's lie about the Benghazi terrorist attacks being caused by a video? Or any of the scandals the media pursued with such zest and vigor until last week?

Some say that Hillary Clinton's winning the 2016 Democratic primary by surviving the Benghazi hearings. Others say there was nothing there in the first place.

The truth is that the four-year rule kicked in.

The four-year rule, widely honored but never admitted by the media, provides that it can be critical of the Democratic Party, President Obama or the Clintons for only three out of every four years. But when an election year looms, it has to cut it out and fall in line behind the party and its likely nominee, Hillary Clinton.

In other words, when the stakes are down, they have to cut out the criticism.

Two weeks ago, Vice President Biden decided not to run for president. From that date on, the harsh media criticism of Clinton stopped, and it will remain stopped until after Election Day 2016. The four-year rule has taken over.

I was exposed to the four-year rule in 1996. As Bill Clinton ran for reelection, I got a call from the managing editor of The New York Times, Joseph Lelyveld. He wanted an interview with the president. His request came after months of the Times savaging Clinton with every kind of criticism. Almost single-handedly, the Times kept the Whitewater scandal alive, joyously chronicling its every twist and turn. How, I thought, did they think Clinton would grant them an interview? So they could continue to savage him?

Anticipating my hesitancy, Lelyveld assured me that "we don't think people care about what happened in Arkansas years ago." Translation: Give us the interview and we won't ask him embarrassing questions about Whitewater. From now on, we are on the pad.

I relayed the request to the president. He was, to say the least, disinclined to cooperate. Then I repeated Lelyveld's line about the events in Arkansas years ago. Clinton still said no. But Mike McCurry, our press secretary, and I strongly urged him to relent.

He did so, muttering how much he hated the Times.

Then, to my shock, Todd Purdum, the Times reporter who was to conduct the interview, called and asked to meet me beforehand. When we met, over drinks at the Hay-Adams Hotel, he sketched out for me the questions he planned to ask and solicited my advice on any additional ones I might suggest. Talk about softballs. We got the questions in advance and even could chip in a few of our own. It was the easiest pre-interview briefing I've ever conducted. The president practiced hitting softballs out of the park all day.

The interview was the kindest and most gentle we ever had, and a cover story in the Sunday Times Magazine featured the president's picture on the cover.

The sycophantic coverage continued all year. This publication, which had caused more angst than any other for three years, now rolled over and played dead.

I learned then about the right of passage and the three-out-of-four rule. Now it is Hillary Clinton's turn to benefit. So don't count on the media to continue to tell the truth about the former first lady now that she is the presumptive Democratic nominee.

Of course, that doesn't mean that we can't go after her. But we will be on our own. The media resonance we're accustomed to hearing as we talk about the Clinton speeches or Benghazi or the private email server has stopped. Now we will hear only the sounds of the media's silence. It's time to rally behind the party.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media Issues, John Dickerson, CBS
« Reply #1583 on: November 15, 2015, 08:40:41 AM »
Rare kind words by me for a member of the mainstream media.  I believe that I remember Dickerson as either a thought leader of the left as political correspondent for Slate.  Now I find him to be quite good as moderator of Face the Nation and also debate moderator.  One exception was when he wouldn't break his own format to ask an additional followup when twice his (valid) question was ignored in the debate.  Another is that he met with the campaigns before the debate and they all seemed prepared for all the questions.  Will he do that in a general election debate?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Man bites dog
« Reply #1584 on: November 16, 2015, 03:54:28 PM »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media Issues, Stephen Colbert
« Reply #1585 on: November 20, 2015, 09:55:58 AM »
We aren't a good sample but I was wondering what people think of Colbert on the Late Show.  In a political sense, Letterman was probably worse so maybe it doesn't matter.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/colbert-drops-to-3rd-place-behind-kimmel-as-new-poll-shows-cbs-host-alienating-audiences/
Colbert Drops to 3rd Place Behind Kimmel as New Poll Shows CBS Host Alienating Audiences

Ratings-Plagued Colbert Mostly Liked By Democrats and Atheists
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/stephen-colbert-ratings-drop-democrats/2015/11/19/id/702919/#ixzz3s3UpYmtJ

Even with Hillary as a guest he took second:
Hillary Clinton-Stephen Colbert Ticket Finishes Second To Drew Barrymore-Jimmy Fallon In Late-Night Ratings Race
http://deadline.com/2015/10/hillary-clinton-stephen-colbert-beat-by-jimmy-fallon-tv-ratings-1201596355/

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: November 20, 2015, 10:03:19 AM »
Glad to hear it!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: November 24, 2015, 05:57:36 PM »
Nice find GM!

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
CNN "Journalist" Caught Red-Handed Doing Media Favors for Hillary
« Reply #1590 on: November 25, 2015, 02:44:24 PM »
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/360274.php

CNN "Journalist" Caught Red-Handed Doing Media Favors for Hillary; Politico's Mike Allen Caught Red-Handed Promising Hillary's People a "No Surprises" Interview of Chelsea, in Which Questions Would Be Worked Out Beforehand

Hillary wanted some self-serving quotes publicized, and CNN's "journalist" -- the same one who just got suspended for her liberal angst about concerns about Syrian refugees -- duly complied.

She also hit Rand Paul for not attending all the hearings -- just as she was seemingly asked.

Here's that journalist reporting back to Team Hillary about the anti-Rand-Paul tweet she'd tweeted out at their apparent behest:

She also pumped out this quote that Hillary's people wanted out there:

Meanwhile, Gawker catches Politico's Mike Allen promising the Hillary staff (Phil Reines, I think) a "no surprises" interview of Chelsea. I won't link them, but instead will link the Washington Post's alleged journalistic column "The Fix," which, when presented with evidence that a liberal colleague in the media is promising against-the-rules favors to a liberal politician, affixes blame squarely where it belongs: on conservative critics of the media who allege that liberal reporters do favors for liberal politicians.

Here's Mike Allen's email promising a very cozy, reputation-boosting interview for the black hole of negative charisma Chelsea:

We're hosting a Politico New Leaders Brunch on Sunday, Jan. 20, with a brief on-stage interview with moi. We would love to honor Chelsea Clinton, and it sounds like she has some issues, marriage and others, that she enjoys talking about these days. This would be a way to send a message during inaugural week: No one besides me would ask her a question, and you and I would agree on them precisely in advance.

This would be a relaxed conversation, and our innovative format (like a speedy Playbook Breakfast) always gets heavy social-media pickup. The interview would be "no surprises:" I would work with you on topics, and would start with anything she wants to cover or make news on. Quicker than a network hit, and reaching an audience you care about with no risk.

The Washington Post's The Fix column immediately spins for their pal, and lets you know who the real villains are here.

A bit of context might be helpful here, since we’re talking about events that happened almost three years ago: President Obama had just been reelected, and Allen was requesting an interview with Chelsea Clinton on inauguration weekend, which is basically one big party in DC. The news of the moment in Clinton world was that Hillary was just a couple weeks away from stepping down as secretary of state, having previously said she would not serve in Obama’s second term.

One interpretation of Allen’s e-mail to Philippe Reines, the Clinton aide, goes something like this: Hey, I’m looking for just a few minutes with Chelsea during an important time for her mom. This isn’t a probing,"“60 Minutes"-style sit-down, so don't worry about fielding anything out of left field.

Not so bad, right?

But the Republican translation will likely go more like this: What can I do to make Chelsea look good because, as we all know, I and my Web site (and most of the media) live to serve the royal family of the Democratic Party.

The GOP field has already put the media on blast this campaign season. There was that memorable rant by Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas during the third primary debate....

He then goes on to note, disapprovingly, the criticisms lodged about the media by Republican candidates.

Elsewhere in the article, he casts Republican criticisms of the media as phantasmal -- though allowing that this incident looks like it could be evidence of that paranoid fear.

And you can bet the Republican presidential candidates -- who often accuse the media of pro-Clinton bias-- will pounce on this as confirmation of that belief. It's a ready-made "liberal media" conspiracy theory...

Republican White House hopefuls sometimes go looking for bias where it's not obvious, or nonexistent. But, in this case, they won't have to look very hard. This time, Politico made their job easy.

Pro-tip for The Fix: A conspiracy requires more than one person. Mike Allen's wrongdoing was just his wrongdoing.

It's your rushing to his defense, and attacking his critics, all over an incident you concede looks very bad, that makes it a liberal conspiracy.

You're all in this together, and you make it more obvious every single day.

Glenn Thrush: We Do This All The Time. It's No Big Deal.

Correction: Chris Cilizza is the main voice of The Fix, but he's not the only voice -- and he did not write this particular column. I have omitted his name from the post.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Megyn Kelly on Planned Parenthood shooter
« Reply #1591 on: December 01, 2015, 07:48:26 PM »
Megyn Kelly is all over the media bias covering the Colo planned parenthood shooter:
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2015/12/01/watch-megyn-kelly-n2087464
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 09:04:50 PM by Crafty_Dog »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
This is a cartoon
« Reply #1594 on: December 06, 2015, 07:04:08 PM »
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 07:38:56 AM by Crafty_Dog »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: December 08, 2015, 03:11:20 PM »
Out of  no where I suddenly see this site sponsoring far left biased stories supposedly tailored to "millennials".  I wonder if Soros is funding this and making them the contacts to get them noticed.

http://mic.com/

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Clinton News Network
« Reply #1598 on: December 11, 2015, 07:30:07 AM »
CNN - no surprise here.
GM did you see CNN's latest commercial for the upcoming Republican debate?  I thought it is totally obnoxious, money grubbing, disgrace. 
I loved Trump demanding 5 million from the liberal network.  I think all the Republicans should demand a percentage of the take.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Clinton News Network
« Reply #1599 on: December 11, 2015, 07:56:17 AM »
CNN - no surprise here.
GM did you see CNN's latest commercial for the upcoming Republican debate?  I thought it is totally obnoxious, money grubbing, disgrace. 
I loved Trump demanding 5 million from the liberal network.  I think all the Republicans should demand a percentage of the take.

I don't have cable.