Author Topic: Media, Ministry of Truth Issues  (Read 1041368 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media Issues
« Reply #1601 on: December 24, 2015, 11:07:13 AM »
Now the headlines are Megyn (egotist) Kelly vs (Trump) the egotist in the marketing gimmicks for the next debate.

Trump should get paid $5 million for his performance from Fox.

Just like celebrity headlines about who is divorcing who, who is sleeping or cheating on who, who is feuding with who.  It is all bullshit to promote sales.

Now the debates have become commercialized crap.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Rolling Stone and Sean Penn
« Reply #1604 on: January 10, 2016, 09:41:06 AM »
This is just so despicable I don't know what to say.  As a victim of organized crime this is just another example of how people idolize cruel people.   I sincerely hope with all my heart and soul that something tragic befalls Sean Penn:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/09/sean-penn-interviewed-fugitive-drug-lord-el-chapo-for-rolling-stone/

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Penn self made jerk off
« Reply #1606 on: January 10, 2016, 12:48:22 PM »
Well I would doubt he knowingly led the saw to this guy but that said I wish him thousands of sleepless nights worrying if his time has come:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/01/10/sean-penn-el-chapo-interview/

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Christy should have held back the weather according to left
« Reply #1607 on: January 25, 2016, 08:48:54 AM »
Of course it is his fault and he did little to protect people who continue to own property in shore regions at their risk.

I don't want a single tax dollar given to these people.  "i've been down here for five years and have never seen it this bad" states one liberal who was interviewed.  What, is she a teacher.   No I don't feel sorry for her:

*****Chris Christie Apparently Missed All The Criticism Of His Response To Flooding
"I think you're just making it up," the New Jersey governor said.
 01/25/2016 10:30 am ET | Updated 36 minutes ago
Igor Bobic
Associate Politics Editor, The Huffington Post
X

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) says he's unaware of criticism about his response to severe flooding in his state after Winter Storm Jonas.

"I don't even know what critics you're talking about," Christie said in response to a question from The Huffington Post's Sam Stein on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Monday. "There is no residual damage. There is no residual flooding damage. All the flooding receded yesterday morning."

"I have not heard any of that criticism, I have not seen any of that criticism, and I think you're just making it up," he added.

Prior to the storm, the New Jersey governor was in New Hampshire, an early primary state crucial to his presidential aspirations. On Saturday, the day after he returned to his state from the campaign trail, Christie held a press conference in which he downplayed the effects of the storm and said that New Jersey "dodged a bit of a bullet."

Indeed, central and northern sections of the state that were devastated by Superstorm Sandy in 2012 fared much better during Winter Storm Jonas. But some residents of southern New Jersey weren't so lucky.

"I was in my waders in three feet of water and my friend is saying Gov. Christie is on TV saying it's not that bad," Maggie Day, whose home and store were damaged as a result of flooding, told the Philadelphia Inquirer. "Oh yeah? Gov. Christie should come down here and get in his fishing waders and live my life."

Another resident, Maui D'Antuono, suggested Christie was in a hurry to get back on the campaign trail.

"He couldn't claim a disaster because that would mean he'd have to stay here," D'Antuono said. "Once the insurance claims come in, that will really tell the tale of the damage. I know he's busy trying to be our vice president and all that, but the Shore really took a pounding."

After the storm, New Jersey shore towns were battered by flooding and surges of water up to 10 feet high. At one point, 94,000 power outages were reported. Residents of the island community of Stone Harbor feared the damage could be on par with the destruction from Superstorm Sandy.

Marissa Rigby, a resident of Wildwood, which was hit particularly hard by the storm, expressed shock at the governor's words.

"I don't know how he could possibly say that. I've been down here about five years and I've never seen it this bad," she told CBS.

On Monday, Christie's lieutenant governor, Kim Guadagno, and Environmental Protection Commissioner Bob Martin will be visiting the areas hardest hit by flooding to assess the damage Christie says does not exist.****

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
From MIC. Another leftist propaganda hit piece
« Reply #1608 on: January 27, 2016, 05:26:52 AM »
Again this "news" site appears on Yahoo news out of no where to purportedly give the millennials the "facts" they "need to know".  Conclusion, the readers are supposed to come away with is (of course) that Benghazi investigation and its' offspring email investigation is all partisan without any basis in facts that Hillary is even involved.  I knew what the conclusions would be even before I read the article.  All I had to do was see MIC.  What a great scam.  Have rich leftists fund this group of kids to have them brainwash the millennial peers.  As an aside I wish they would get rid of these terms millennials generation x and Y baby boomers etc and just say babies from the 60's 70's 80s's or similar time frame.  It would be so much simpler then trying to figure out who they are even talking about:

http://news.yahoo.com/hillary-clinton-role-benghazi-know-195600379.html

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
illegal to ask question at debate
« Reply #1610 on: January 28, 2016, 05:27:11 AM »
I wonder if this is what Trump knew - that on illegal is going to ask a question.  If so he certainly is going to be "set up".  OTOH some would argue he should simply prepare his response to this and turn it into a home rum for those of us who know unlimited immigration beyond which we can absorb and illegal to boot is harming Americans.  You think minorities would not appreciate that point?  I know many would.  Plus Trump could point out this conflict of interest to the world on prime time on a network that is part of the "establishment" selling Americans down the river for cheap labor.  It is NOT a racial or ethnic or religious issue.  It is an issue of wanting to help Americans first than we see how to include others into our nation from where ever they come from.  What is so hard about that?  A person with a good mouthpiece and a good platform could do this.  I think this might embarrass Fox more than not showing up to debate.  And FWIW there is no doubt Kelly tried to put Trump out of the game the first Fox debate.  Her point was valid but her tone and insistence was over the top.   

*****Michelle, my Michelle on Breitbart about Murdoch and immigration, Fox:

Michelle Malkin: When Open-Borders Media Are in Charge of Debates, Voters Lose

@michellemalkin@michellemalkin/Twitter
by JULIA HAHN27 Jan 2016Washington D.C.245
Conservative commentator and best-selling author Michelle Malkin slammed Fox News on Twitter for the network’s decision to allow someone who entered the country illegally to participate as a questioner in tomorrow night’s Republican presidential debate.

Malkin tweeted: “FoxNews debate questioner Dulce Candy was an illegal immigrant. I’m sure her q will be fair.”

“When open-borders media are in charge of debates, voters lose,” Malkin later tweeted– explaining why the interests of American victims of open borders immigration policies go largely unrepresented at presidential debates.

As Malkin highlights in her new book Sold Out: How High-Tech Billionaires & Bipartisan Beltway Crapweasels Are Screwing America’s Best & Brightest Workers, Fox News founder Rupert Murdoch is the co-chair of one of the most powerful open borders immigration lobbying firms in the country, the Partnership for a New American Economy.

As Breitbart News has previously reported, this undisclosed conflict of interest may perhaps explain the treatment GOP frontrunner Donald Trump has received from the network.

Via his immigration lobbying firm, Murdoch has endorsed Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)79%
’s 2013 amnesty bill, as well as Rubio’s 2015 immigration expansion bill know as the Immigration Innovation Act. Murdoch has also articulated his support for Rubio’s desire to give citizenship—and, by extension, voting rights and welfare access–to illegal immigrants.

Malkin points out that while someone who entered the country illegally will be represented in the Fox News debate, American citizens harmed by the nation’s open borders immigration policies are unlikely to be represented.

“Illegal alien & Muslim activist get key roles at FoxNewsGOP debate. Victims of illegal alien crime & jihad shut out,” Malkin tweeted.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: January 28, 2016, 08:32:07 AM »
"Her point was valid but her tone and insistence was over the top."

Her tone was typical for msm vs Republicans in debates, not the softball they wish to expect from allegedly conservative media.

A point from Rush, when they pay these guys $6 million a year (a gal in this case), they do not expect them to namelessly and facelessly read the news or ask a basic issue question.  They expect them to become part of the story.  Also RNC and DNC sells the debate rights to these media outlets for them to run at a profit.  It should be the party hosting and the networks picking it up because of public demand.  The Presidential race is public domain IMHO, not the exclusive right of a network.  To add the obvious, the format is really not a debate. 

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Unreported conflict of interests
« Reply #1612 on: January 29, 2016, 06:19:48 AM »
While conflicts of interest happens frequently in medical publications it is considered very unethical not to report upfront those conflict of interests and that those conflicts be published with the piece being published.  (Not that everyone does as they should, but just saying). 

IMO the following is VERY unethical to say the least.
If Luntz or Fox were totally ethical they would have reported this.
Fox has lost respect from the left day #1, but I do believe they have lost some respect from at least some righties including me these past 6 months.  I am not interested in their personalities such as Kelly.  I want the news.  I don't really like her.  She is aggressive which is good but that said it is way too much about HER:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/29/marco-rubio-paid-pro-rubio-fox-news-pollster-frank-luntz/

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Unreported conflict of interests
« Reply #1613 on: January 29, 2016, 09:05:30 AM »
While conflicts of interest happens frequently in medical publications it is considered very unethical not to report upfront those conflict of interests and that those conflicts be published with the piece being published.  (Not that everyone does as they should, but just saying).  

IMO the following is VERY unethical to say the least.
If Luntz or Fox were totally ethical they would have reported this.
Fox has lost respect from the left day #1, but I do believe they have lost some respect from at least some righties including me these past 6 months.  I am not interested in their personalities such as Kelly.  I want the news.  I don't really like her.  She is aggressive which is good but that said it is way too much about HER:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/29/marco-rubio-paid-pro-rubio-fox-news-pollster-frank-luntz/

Agree with you about Luntz if these facts are true, but Breitbart should also disclose their report was written by Trump.    :wink:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 09:17:46 AM by DougMacG »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: January 29, 2016, 09:28:45 AM »
 :-o

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Rupert Murdoch, Huma Abedin, and Saudi prince, sitting in a tree , , ,
« Reply #1616 on: February 01, 2016, 05:05:26 PM »
Anti-Trump Saudi Prince Tied to Both Rupert Murdoch And Hillary Aide

Jonathan Ernst/Getty Images/AFP
by Lee Stranahan - Breitbart News - 1 Feb 2016
Fox mogul Rupert Murdoch is partnered in multiple media ventures with Saudi Arabian Prince Alwaweed Bin Talal, including an Arabic religious TV network with a direct tie to Hillary Clinton’s top aide Huma Abedin.
Both Prince Alwaweed Bin Talal and Murdoch’s Fox News network have become vocal critics of GOP Presidential frontrunner Donald Trump. On December 11, 2015 Bin Tala took to Twitter to savage Trump:

The Al-Resalah TV network is a venture created by Alwaleed in association with Rupert Murdoch. As The Guardian reported in 2010:

A company headed by the Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal says it plans to launch a new Arabic television news channel in partnership with Rupert Murdoch’s Fox network. The prince said the Kingdom Holding company’s 24-hour channel “will be an addition and alternative” for Arab viewers. It will compete with al-Arabiya and al-Jazeera.

Al-Resalah TV’s stated goal is to “present true Islam” but the network’s programming has been often been radical. As The Sun reported in 2006:

[M]uch of the content on his TV channel is overtly anti-Western. On March 31, the secretary-general of Al-Resalah, Sheik Tareq Al-Suweidan, gave a speech at Dialogue between Europe and Muslims, a convention in Copenhagen that the channel was covering. “The West have done strategic mistakes … they underestimate the power of Islam,” he said. Sheik Suweidan praised the election of Hamas and Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood, warning: “The West have no chance but to deal with Islam, and we are extending our hands in peace and dialogue – you have slapped it. We do not accept insults.”

According to the official website of Prince Alaweed, one of the members of the Supreme Advisory board for his Al-Resalah TV network is “Dr. Abdullah Naseef, President of World Muslim Congress and President of Forum For Social Studies (FFSS).”

As Breitbart News has extensively documented, Al-Resalah TV  board member Dr. Naseef is the longtime benefactor of top Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin’s family business, the Journal of Muslim Minority Affairs.

As Vanity Fair reported:

When (Huma) Abedin was two years old, the family moved to Jidda, Saudi Arabia, where, with the backing of Abdullah Omar Nasseef, then the president of King Abdulaziz University, her father founded the Institute of Muslim Minority Affairs, a think tank, and became the first editor of its Journal of Muslim Minority Affairs, which stated its mission as “shedding light” on minority Muslim communities around the world in the hope of “securing the legitimate rights of these communities.”

It turns out the Journal of Muslim Minority Affairs is an Abedin family business. Huma was an assistant editor there between 1996 and 2008. Her brother, Hassan, 45, is a book-review editor at the Journal and was a fellow at the Oxford Center for Islamic Studies, where Nasseef is chairman of the board of trustees. Huma’s sister, Heba, 26, is an assistant editor at the Journal.

In his early years as the patron of the Abedins’ journal, Nasseef was the secretary-general of the Muslim World League, which Andrew McCarthy () claims “has long been the Muslim Brotherhood’s principal vehicle for the international propagation of Islamic supremacist ideology.”

The Muslim World League was the mother organization of two groups the U.S. government thinks was involved in funneling money to terrorists–the Rabita Trust and the International Islamic Relief Organization (IIRO). Both groups are listed on the Treasury department’s website of terrorist organizations. Naseef’s Rabita Trust co-founder Wa’el Hamza Julaidan was one of the founders of Al Qaeda.

These connections have been hidden by the mainstream media. Breitbart News demonstrated attempted to muddy the connection between Saudi Arabian raised Huma Abedin and Nassef when questions about Abedin were raised by a group of Congress members in 2012.

It’s been widely reported that Bin Talal is a large investor in Murdoch’s Fox News, but much less attention has been paid to Al-Resalah.

In early 2015, Bin Talal’s Kingdom Holding Company reduced his stake in Murdoch’s News Corp to 1 percent but maintains a 6.6 percent interest in 21st Century Fox, which controls Fox News. As CNN Money reported:

News Corp. is Murdoch’s publishing operation, made up of the New York Post and the Wall Street Journal as well as the book publisher HarperCollins. The more valuable 21st Century Fox is home to a host of television and film properties such as Fox Searchlight, the Fox broadcasting network and Fox News.

“We have a strategic alliance with Rupert Murdoch for sure and I have been with him for the last 15 or 20 years,” Alwaleed said. “My backing of Rupert Murdoch is definitely unwavering.”

The connection between Alwaleed, Murdoch, Abedin, Hillary Clinton and Saudi Arabia are troubling given a number of recent events.

Prince Alwaleed is boasting about his role in impacting U.S. elections. As Breitbart News Network’s Aaron Klein reported, the Saudi Arabian news site Sabq claims that “Alwaweed Bin Talal caused a decline in Trump’s popularity.”

CNN reported in 2008 that “donations to the William J. Clinton Foundation include amounts of $10 million to $25 million from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.” Huma Abedin was hired as a consultant to the William J. Clinton Foundation after Clinton left her role as Secretary of State.

Abedin is also at the center of Hillary Clinton’s private email server scandal.

Huma Abedin’s mother currently lives in Saudi Arabia and runs the Journal for Muslim Minority Affairs and is also a dean at a woman’s college there.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Sheperd Smith sucks up to Hillary
« Reply #1618 on: February 05, 2016, 01:29:31 PM »
Hillary Emails: Fox News Shep Smith Sucks Up To Top Clinton Aide
By DICK MORRIS & EILEEN MCGANN
Published on TheHillaryDaily.com on February 4, 2016
Lost among all of Hillary's "classified" and "top secret" emails is one interesting one from Fox News Anchor Shepherd Smith. It seems Smith got into an argument with Eric Goosby about which of them liked Cheryl Mills more, (Goosby was U.N. AIDS Coordinator at the time)

Mills, of course, was Hillary's Chief of Staff.

After this third grade incident, Smith decided to suck up to Mills and bring this heavy dispute to her attention.  Smith told her that he wore an "I Love Cheryl Mills" pin!

So cute! (GAG!!!)

Here's the email text:

Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2013 12:39 PM To: Mills, Cheryl D
Subject: Very short funny story

Dear Cheryl,

After what had to be a pretty trying week I thought you might enjoy this. My two other very favorite people at State are Eric Goosby and Zeenat Rahman. Well, last week I got in kind of an argument with one of them. Eric and I were debating who thought the most of you, he or I. He threw me a curve ball when he brought up how great your husband also is and probably thinks he won the day, but he would be incorrect. In thinking about it I don't believe I've ever heard anyone say anything negative about you (of course, my wearing the "I like Cheryl Mills" pin might inhibit some people from being too negative C). I've asked Shannon Smith to look out for Zeenat when her boss comes over. Have a great weekend and get a little rest.

Best wishes,
Shepherd

***So was it a suck up to the Hillary Clinton team? We report. You decide.***

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Media bias in two photos
« Reply #1619 on: February 06, 2016, 10:14:31 AM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Roger Stone
« Reply #1620 on: February 08, 2016, 06:18:40 AM »
Article from 2008 but still has import for today.  He worked for Trump who let him go.  Definitely an unusual character, behind the scenes political operative who has a tattoo of Richard Nixon on his  back.
Jeffrey Tooban wrote this article after being brought to a swingers club with Stone:

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2008/06/02/the-dirty-trickster

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: February 08, 2016, 11:27:31 AM »
I thought this suspicious and if nothing else a real insult in Denver that he didn't at the very least say "Coors":

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/peyton-manning-s-budweiser-plugs-were-a-little-self-serving-051858426.html

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
In case anyone here was NOT aware of this
« Reply #1622 on: February 08, 2016, 05:33:05 PM »
MSNBC decided to come out with a revelation that the FBI has confirmed it is criminally investigating Clinton.  This could be why few except the hard core libs even watch this station.  The begrudgingly come out with the news months after what the world already knows.  I guess they couldn't cover for the gal any longer.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/fbi-formally-confirms-its-investigation-hillary-clintons-email-server

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Another anti Republican debate "moderator"
« Reply #1623 on: February 13, 2016, 01:24:49 PM »
Why is it the Democrats are never interviewed by Republican leaning moderators but the opposite continues to happen?

Going for the throat seems new.  Maybe not a bad thing.  What makes these so called news people they don't have to reveal their conflicts of interest?  They want to be celebrities, ok, this also comes with celebritism:

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/02/rnc-approved-debate-moderator-beltway-elitist-john-pulverizer-dickerson

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
MSNBC run by racists
« Reply #1624 on: February 27, 2016, 06:49:18 AM »
First the "Reverend" Al now this.  Isn't the pattern obvious?    :wink:  Perhaps Al, Melissa, and BLM should team up and form their own cable network.  Maybe a few hundred people would actually watch:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/27/business/media/melissa-harris-perry-walks-off-her-msnbc-show-after-pre-emptions.html?_r=0
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 06:58:28 AM by ccp »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Brit Hume - Murdock playing to suck up to Hillary now?
« Reply #1625 on: February 29, 2016, 06:41:23 PM »
Like I posted before.  The "bargaining down" of Petraeus' charges was to make it easier for Hillary to get off.  People kept using Petraeus' example to compare to her situation.  Now the left has the ability to respond that what Hillary did is not that big a deal and should be forgiven just like Petraues' was forgiven with a misdemeanor.  For Hume to claim no "criminal intent".  I suppose there was no attempt at a coverup.  In any case something is wrong here if Hume is coming out in Hillary's defense:

Hume on Hillary Emails: ‘Not a Huge Case,’ ‘You Don’t Have Any Criminal Intent’

by PAM KEY29 Feb 20163,250
Monday on Fox News Channel’s “Outnumbered,” while discussing the possibility of Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton being indicted as a result of the current FBI investigation into her handling of classified material on an unsecured email server during her tenure as secretary of state, Fox News senior political contributor Brit Hume said there were enough questions about the circumstances of Clinton’s case that an indictment isn’t a slam dunk.

Partial transcript as follows:

HUME: Worth remembering, David Petraeus was convicted of a misdemeanor. Now that was bargained down no doubt. But if you look at—I read various legal analyses of these—and a good case can be made there is an indictable felony here, and very good case can also be made there is not. My guess is that she won’t be indicted.

HARRIS: Agreed.

HUME: Think about this for a minute. If you come down to it, and she is nominated by one of the major parties, and you have not a huge case, and you don’t have any criminal intent, are you going to indict? Is it wise to indict a nominee of a major party? Is that the right way to do it? Is that the right thing to do?

HARRIS: Well it is if there is a crime.

TANTAROS: Not only that, Brit, the fact that her staff took the classified information and moved it to a public server, and then the conspiracy to try and hide it, that alone is a felony punishable up to 10 years.

HUME: It is. Who is likely to be indicted?  I think —

(cross talk)

TANTAROS: I agree she won’t get indicted.

(cross talk)

HUME: They might indict members of her staff. Whether they will indict her I think is very much in doubt.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
I'm sure bigdog would explain that she is a professional journalist
« Reply #1626 on: March 07, 2016, 07:05:08 AM »
http://freebeacon.com/politics/msnbc-reporter-no-idea-shes-live-post-debate-interview/

It's almost like the media acts as a PR arm of the dems. Who knew?

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: I'm sure bigdog would explain that she is a professional journalist
« Reply #1627 on: March 07, 2016, 07:27:26 AM »
http://freebeacon.com/politics/msnbc-reporter-no-idea-shes-live-post-debate-interview/

It's almost like the media acts as a PR arm of the dems. Who knew?

You'd think MS and NBC would want to get their names off of that network. 

John Dickerson discussed the questions with both sides before the first debate.  (SeeBS)

Maybe candidates can submit answers in advance too so they can all get on the same page with the followup.

I'm guessing Megyn Kelly and DT don't get together and go over the questions before their debates.  Nor Chris Wallace and his charts screen.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: March 12, 2016, 07:55:39 AM »
He is not "caught" in the chaos, he seeks it out and puts himself into the middle of it.  I don't know why members of the media have become the topics of some stories.  But they all seem to become celebrities after these episodes and their careers are enhanced:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-chicago-canceled-rally-cbs-news-journalist-captured-tensions-before-arrest/

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media Issues, Columnist in Communist Cuba?
« Reply #1632 on: March 21, 2016, 02:26:40 PM »
A slip up? Or not?

Brian Williams: Wash Post's Eugene Robinson Is a ‘Pulitzer Prize-Winning Communist’

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2016/03/21/brian-williams-eugene-robinson-pulitzer-prize-winning-communist

Why did he try to correct himself when he had it right the first time?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media Issues, Columnist in Communist Cuba?
« Reply #1633 on: March 21, 2016, 02:53:04 PM »
A slip up? Or not?

Brian Williams: Wash Post's Eugene Robinson Is a ‘Pulitzer Prize-Winning Communist’

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2016/03/21/brian-williams-eugene-robinson-pulitzer-prize-winning-communist

Why did he try to correct himself when he had it right the first time?

"My Muslim faith"

Sormetimes, people accidentally tell the truth.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
media fairness?
« Reply #1634 on: March 28, 2016, 05:44:37 AM »
I would like to see the liberal Couric interview several Democrats about what they think about their front runner being a criminal and a serial liar who has used her office to collect bribes:

https://www.yahoo.com/katiecouric/house-republicans-speak-candidly-about-trump-210816631.html

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
MSM ignoring as much as it can about the email story
« Reply #1635 on: March 29, 2016, 04:46:01 AM »
The credit belongs to a few minor players not the media.  Author gives some credit to the Wash Post but the WP only details the story from the work of the other smaller players using the FOIA.
There is no comparison to the WAsh Post's involvement to Watergate,  when it was a Republican.  I notice how Bernstein recently is twisting logic on its' head trying to rationalize the import of this story to the dust bin.  Again thank God for Judicial Watch and the others involved here:

http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/clinton-email-scandal-how-a-biased-press-tried-to-ignore-it/

I only pray that Obama will not be able to cover this up, sweep it under the rug, make some phony misdemeanor deal, pardon, or otherwise not enforce the law.
I would not hold my breath.  We have seen him not enforce the law so many times before.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: March 30, 2016, 07:47:46 AM »
We have heard the number of 150 before.  Months ago.

And look at this at the end of the article:

"The media continues to scandalize Hillary Clinton during the FBI's probe, even though legal experts have repeatedly explained that Clinton is unlikely to face prosecution and have termed an indictment "ridiculous."

Liberals just have no shame

" legal experts have repeatedly explained that Clinton is unlikely to face prosecution and have termed an indictment "ridiculous."

A sad commentary on our legal profession.  Well, I have seen many physicians disappoint me over the years.  Not that I profess to be a saint but I have seen many with zero shame.
That's the way it goes.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: March 30, 2016, 03:52:07 PM »
We have heard the number of 150 before.  Months ago.

And look at this at the end of the article:

"The media continues to scandalize Hillary Clinton during the FBI's probe, even though legal experts have repeatedly explained that Clinton is unlikely to face prosecution and have termed an indictment "ridiculous."

Liberals just have no shame

" legal experts have repeatedly explained that Clinton is unlikely to face prosecution and have termed an indictment "ridiculous."

A sad commentary on our legal profession.  Well, I have seen many physicians disappoint me over the years.  Not that I profess to be a saint but I have seen many with zero shame.
That's the way it goes.

Laws are for the little people.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Media Issues, Paid TV, NCAA Championship game viewership down 37%
« Reply #1639 on: April 06, 2016, 10:58:01 AM »
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2016/04/05/record-low-ncaa-championship-tv-ratings/

I tend to hang out with affluent sports fans of tennis and hockey where all the coverage is on cable, so I am the only person I know who can't go home and watch the big game.  All my tenants in 'poverty' and on assistance have cable too.  That bill gets paid before rent.  Now even the debates are proprietary on cable.

I pay for the Twins stadium because the team is a 'public entity' but can't see a game televised.  Their loss, from my point of view.  Not caring frees up a lot of time for better things than spectator sports and commercials.

Even the finals of the events I would enjoy are now off broadcast.

Paid TV made sense to me as an alternative to commercials.  But that isn't the path they've taken.

I hope you-all are getting your money's worth out there, but if we all refused to pay their exorbitant prices, the big events would still be free and open to the public.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: April 06, 2016, 12:23:44 PM »
"I pay for the Twins stadium because the team is a 'public entity' but can't see a game televised."

No one can convince me that taxpayers should subsidize professional sports team.  Something wrong in Denmark.

"Paid TV made sense to me as an alternative to commercials."  Most of my cable shows have loads of commercials. 

I just signed up for Levin TV at $59/ yrs.  I'll let the board know after I check it out how it is.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Michael Savage
« Reply #1641 on: April 07, 2016, 05:47:00 PM »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media Issues, Chris Wallace interviews President Obama
« Reply #1642 on: April 10, 2016, 12:41:35 PM »
Nice photo opp for both; weak on substance for both.  Wallace asked many good questions and then folded on follow up.
http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-news-sunday-chris-wallace/
http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2016/04/10/exclusive-president-barack-obama-on-fox-news-sunday/

Stopping ISIS is his number one job.    - I thought Climate Change was our number one national security threat.  No one calls him out on his lunacy.

We obtained the President's "guarantee" that no political factors will influence the handling of the Hillary Clinton email case.    - No followup regarding Fast and Furious, IRS targeting or keeping our healthcare plan if we like it.  I understand giving deference to the President,  but then why even have the interview?

From my proposed questions:  [What are the] reasons why the American people gave you a no confidence vote in 2010, again in 2014... and why the US Senate is now giving you a no confidence vote on your Supreme Court pick?    [NO ONE TRUSTS YOU.]

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: April 10, 2016, 02:48:20 PM »
"NO ONE TRUSTS YOU"

Right.  And that is why his "guarantee" means virtually nothing.  Who can be even remotely confident politics will not enter into AG Lynch's decisions?

Without honesty we have nothing.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Media Issues, No follow up on "careless" handling of top secret information?!
« Reply #1644 on: April 11, 2016, 07:50:29 AM »
"NO ONE TRUSTS YOU"

Right.  And that is why his "guarantee" means virtually nothing.  Who can be even remotely confident politics will not enter into AG Lynch's decisions?

Without honesty we have nothing.

More points from that interview:  Obama said Hillary was "careless" with her email account.  But "carelessness" with "Top Secret" classified documents is the definition of Gross Negligence, which is a very serious felony in question that puts unconnected people in prison.

Again, no follow up.  Wallace didn't know that or was too star stuck to mention it?

I like Chris Wallace and he makes every effort to be a 'professional journalist' by today's lousy standards, but I have never thought of him as anything to the right or to the center of any other network even though his show appears on Fox.  This was a career making opportunity for the young journalist (of 68).  It looked more like a career ending interview.

Asked about his worst mistake, the President admitted he had absolutely no followup plan for the day after the Libya intervention, even though he accused Bush of exactly that in Iraq, and again, no follow up.  Was that his worst mistake or was it abandoning the gains we made in Iraq and handed this strategic country over to ISIS?  Again, no follow up.  Because those are the rules of the lightning round?  Is this a game show or a Presidential interview??

If a viewer doesn't know more than they're hearing on the screen or read between the lines, it looked like a humble and accomplished President handling tough, direct questions from a professional journalist.  No mention that he has run our country into the ground domestically in ways that can't be walked back and enabled crisis after crisis to spread across the globe over the last seven years. 

In the first Dem debate, other 'journalists' (John Dickerson?) did one follow up for each lie or evasion with the candidates, Hillary in particular.  So she effortlessly answered the followup with a second non-answer, knowing that's all there is and moved on.

That isn't tough treatment when everyone knows the question wasn't answered.

ccp:  "Without honesty we have nothing."

Right.  And because they are asked nothing and say nothing, they wasted my time and same for everyone else who watched.  The 99% who didn't watch made the right choice, learned more by ignoring him than I did by watching, listening and trying to learn something.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: April 11, 2016, 08:43:04 AM »
"Obama said Hillary was "careless" with her email account"

Yes and how about this one:

Obama On Clinton Emails: "There's Classified & Then There's Classified"

This is the same lawyerly ridiculous parsing of words that is the same Democrat trickery as "it depends on what the meaning of is is".

Same bull crap;  And I am sure Wallace thanked Obama and shook his hand for the privilege of this interview.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media Issues - the double standard lives on
« Reply #1646 on: April 11, 2016, 10:15:54 AM »
Obama On Clinton Emails: "There's Classified & Then There's Classified"

Good catch on that.  That is the political answer for all this from the Clinton camp, not the Presidential view from a man sworn to uphold the constitution and enforce the laws of the land.

Out of 2079 classified emails after promising us there were none, let's say a hundred or a thousand of them were not that sensitive or could have been publicly sourced elsewhere.  SO WHAT?!  That has nothing to do with the alleged crime, and MANY of the others were sensitive, even TOP SECRET.

It is possible that the information that led to the disclosure or schedule, location, and operation of Ambassador Stevens enabled the attack and his murder.  Or other less famous disasters...

But to the President, WHEN DID YOU KNOW?  Why didn't you do anything about it?  Why are you shooting political diversion answers back on a law enforcement question?  wAs it legal, what she did, sending and receiving classified information over an unsecure private server?  Aren't YOU the chief law enforcement officer in the country?  Not the Attorney General. Was her reason for doing it true?   Is there a consequence?  WHEN?  Didn't this only come up because a Republican committee was digging into things while the official policy of your administration was, "4 Americans are dead, whether for one false reason or another, at this point WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?!

When America got its chance to question its President and no one showed up.  Chris Wallace will retire and make millions off a book about how historic it was to sit down with the President and not do his job.

We can't drop this subject without pointing out the obvious double standard.  If a second term Republican President sat down with the lead person on the opposition network after 7 years of failure and scandal, he or she would not get kid gloves treatment or get away with political diversion answers to real questions.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Stephanopoulos will interview the Empress Dowager
« Reply #1648 on: April 17, 2016, 03:10:47 PM »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Stephanopoulos will interview the Empress Dowager
« Reply #1649 on: April 17, 2016, 03:19:48 PM »
I'm sure he's a professional journalist.

Do I really need a sarcasm tag for this?

Maybe they will call this kind of toughness 'Hardball' or is that tag already taken...

Let's score the interview here and see if he gets any real answer from her to any tough question.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 04:05:53 PM by DougMacG »