Author Topic: Video Clips of Interest  (Read 10578 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Rarick

Re: Video Clips of Interest
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 03:56:25 AM »
Yike! the price! :-D

Rarick

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 07:43:47 AM »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Video Clips of Interest - Extreme sports enthusiasts, extreme video
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 09:22:46 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/v/EEu42L0ufBY%26rel%3d0%26hl%3den_US%26feature%3dplayer_embedded%26version%3d3

A friend was showing me a soccer based volleyball game at the 3:28 mark.  Who needs hands? Also the video illustrates what I can't put into words about the excitement of mountain skiing on steep slopes in deep powder.  Really, the whole thing is breathtaking - have a look.  (less than 5 minutes)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
When one professional wrestling match turned into a real fight
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 07:43:06 PM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 09:53:27 PM »
 :-o :-o :-o

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
homicide?
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 12:18:16 PM »
1)  It does appear driver A forced driver B off to the side of the track causing him to crash into the wall.

2)  It does appear driver A did not attempt to avoid driver B who was standing on the track and even worse veers into him.

http://deadspin.com/reports-tony-stewart-ran-over-opposing-driver-during-1618893708

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: homicide?
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 01:32:27 PM »
1)  It does appear driver A forced driver B off to the side of the track causing him to crash into the wall.

2)  It does appear driver A did not attempt to avoid driver B who was standing on the track and even worse veers into him.

http://deadspin.com/reports-tony-stewart-ran-over-opposing-driver-during-1618893708

Homicide does not necessarily mean it's a criminal act.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 05:34:40 AM »
Hi GM.

"Homicide does not necessarily mean it's a criminal act"

Please explain.

Would "manslaughter" be more accurate?   Already the lawyers are coming out and explaining "intent" is hard to prove.

Looking at the video it appears that Stewart at the very least did nothing to avoid the younger driver.   It does seem clear he forced him off the track to start with. 

He also seems to swerve into the guy while he is running him over although it is possible he was trying to shake him off the car?

OTOH the younger driver did indeed turn it into a game of chicken risking his life by walking to the middle of the track.

But a racing champion should have been able to avoid hitting him.

I think at least manslaughter fits.   

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 06:12:23 AM »
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/homicide-murder-manslaughter-32637.html

Intent would be very hard, if not impossible to prove. Unless there is evidence of intent that could be determined by an investigation. Standing on a racetrack to confront a driver in a car as cars sped by was the biggest contributor to the death of the individual, as far as I can see from the video.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Pathology of Homicide
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 06:34:24 AM »
http://www.patc.com/courses/homicide-pathology.shtml

A nice thumbnail explanation of cause, manner and mechanism of death.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 10:02:05 AM by Crafty_Dog »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Homicide - I see what you mean
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 07:14:24 PM »
Thanks GM

But I disagree with you.  I think there was intent on the older driver to force the younger one off the track directly leading to an accident.  I agree with you the young guy was foolish to get in front of the car.  Yet that guy was a champion driver.  He could have easily avoided him.  He played chicken with the guy.   I hope he is charged with some sort of crime.

But now onto the previous video concerning the choke hold incident.

AS for the Eric Garner video showing the choke hold I notice it can no longer be found on the internet which to me smacks of a cover-up.  I would really like to review it.  It sure looked to me that the officer had his arm around Garner's neck not just his chin holding his bed back.

Suddenly the defenders are out in force claiming it was "not a choke hold".   I could be wrong but it sure was when I saw it.   Suddenly law enforcement has taken the video down off the internet. 

I feel like the public is being censored and I don't like it one bit.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 07:41:35 PM »
I'm not a racing fan, but as I understand "trading paint" is part of the game.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 08:38:51 PM »
If you'll go to youtube and search for "NYPD choke hold" you'll see multiple videos of that incident.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2014, 07:13:40 AM »
I don't find the original video with the choke hold.  What are posted is a later video showing the police just kind of standing around the dead body.

The choke hold is gone I think.

No?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2014, 09:52:26 AM »
Not from what I saw.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Stewart 's temper well known
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2014, 06:04:28 AM »
According to this confronting nemesis on the track even occasionally happens though I never saw it.  OTOH I am not a race fan.  Sport just never interested me.   Personally I don't think it would be hard to prove this was manslaughter based on what we the public know.  It is obvious Stewart tried to play chicken with the guy and run him off the track both while he was driving and later when he was standing on it.  I wouldn't think he wanted to kill him but he played it rough and close and he did kill the guy. 

https://trove.com/me/content/LGcu7?chid=42979&_p=trending&utm_source=wp&utm_medium=Widgets&utm_campaign=wpsrTrendingExternal-1-opt
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 06:11:32 AM by ccp »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2014, 05:35:07 AM »
"Trading paint is a part of the sport, and it's not even uncommon these days for racers to leave their cars to confront rivals after a crash, which Ward appeared to be doing when he was killed."

Yes but it is not common to  have a race champion actually hit and kill the guy walking on the track.
I say let a jury decide.   

****Stewart may face criminal charges

Legal experts agree driver not in clear after Ward's racetrack death

Associated Press

Published 9:30 pm, Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tony Stewart could still face criminal charges for running down Kevin Ward Jr. with his sprint car, even if the three-time NASCAR champion didn't mean to kill Ward, hurt him or even scare him.

Ontario County Sheriff Philip Povero, who announced on Tuesday that the investigation is continuing, has said that his initial findings have turned up nothing that would indicate criminal intent in the crash at the Canandaigua Motorsports Park.

But legal experts agree that does not mean Stewart is in the clear.

The NASCAR star could be charged with second-degree manslaughter under New York law if prosecutors believe he "recklessly caused the death of another person," with negligent homicide another possibility, according to criminal law professor Corey Rayburn Yung of the Kansas University School of Law.

"The question over whether someone was reckless is a factual one, and one a prosecutor might let a jury decide," said Yung, who also posts at the Concurring Opinion blog.

So Stewart would not expect to be charged for the car-on-car bump that sent Ward spinning into the wall. But if, for example, he were to tell police that he saw Ward on the track and tried to shower him with dirt or otherwise send him a message, a first-degree manslaughter charge could be a possibility, Yung said.

In a 1949 case that Yung uses in his class, midget car racer Joseph Sostilio was found guilty of manslaughter after he tried to squeeze a four foot-wide vehicle through a two-foot opening at 40 mph, crashing into another car and sending it into the one driven by Stephen D. Bishop. Bishop's car flipped three times and he was killed.

Sostilio's conviction was upheld on appeal by the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court. Noting that a violent or aggressive act on a football field or in a boxing ring is not necessarily a crime, Justice Henry Tilton Lummus wrote: "In the present case physical contact was not an essential part of the racing of automobiles."

That was a half-century ago, and racing has changed. Trading paint is a part of the sport, and it's not even uncommon these days for racers to leave their cars to confront rivals after a crash, which Ward appeared to be doing when he was killed.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
What controversy. We can see with our own eyes.
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2014, 07:38:55 PM »
"AUG. 15 — Police identify the officer who shot Brown as Darren Wilson, a 28-year-old man who had patrolled the St. Louis suburbs for six years. They also release a video purporting to show Brown robbing a convenience store of almost $50 worth of cigars shortly before he was killed. The video draws anger from protesters. After nightfall, officers and the crowds clash again. Some people in the crowd storm into the same convenience store that Brown was accused of robbing and loot it."

I don't know what happened after this robbery but as radio hosts point out the video "speaks for itself".

Yet what do some in the crowd do?   Loot and vandalize the store that was robbed and its' innocent cashier pushed around.

Anyone see a disconnect?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2014, 11:38:43 PM »
Please post in Race thread。

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Garner again
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2014, 06:49:16 PM »
Hard to call.   I see the arm under the chin for sure.  He may be applying pressure upwards to lift the head up vs back against the throat. 

That said I see nothing racial about this.   How about marches by thousands for the thousands of gang related deaths each year.

http://time.com/3016326/eric-garner-video-police-chokehold-death/