Author Topic: Israel, and its neighbors  (Read 889572 times)

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Hamas & Anti-Israeli Propoganda
« Reply #2700 on: October 21, 2023, 03:51:44 PM »
No new ground tread for those that follow these things, but the piece’s point about the ignorance of the MSM where this stuff is concerned is difficult to overstate:

https://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2023/10/inside-hamas-propaganda-game.php?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=inside-hamas-propaganda-game

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Remember Adolph Eichmann?
« Reply #2701 on: October 21, 2023, 06:10:37 PM »
Israel does, and they remember how they hunted him down:

Shaiel Ben-Ephraim
@academic_la
·
3h
The Shin Bet (Israeli internal security) has formed a group called NILI. They have one task, to eliminate every terrorist who participated in the October 7th slaughter. They have pictures and info of most participants, and assassination plans are underway. May justice be swift.

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 06:22:25 AM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Israel, and its neighbors
« Reply #2703 on: October 22, 2023, 06:23:01 AM »
On the ground?  Is that what the article says?

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: October 22, 2023, 07:46:16 AM »
On the ground?  Is that what the article says?

Last night the US ships off Israel’s coast served their crews steak and lobster, which is usually done on holidays, or to boost morale in advance of action. The piece I posted stated Patriot as well as offensive missiles/capabilities are either headed to or on the ground, as well as troops to guard ‘em. I’d lay money that folks on the same pointy end my sifu used to be on are also doing more than sneaking and peeking as US hostages are involved.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: October 22, 2023, 08:35:36 AM »
From here in the safety of my armchair, this is what it looks like to me:

IT IS HAMAS WHO IS KILLING THE GAZANS BY HIDING BEHIND THEM. IT IS THE GAZANS WHO OVER THE YEARS HAVE CHEERED HAMAS' VARIOUS MURDERS OF JEWISH CIVILIANS. IT IS THE NEAR UNIVERSAL FAILURE OF THE GAZANS TO SAY "NOT IN MY NAME!"

Philosophy question: If someone is shooting at/killing your children and using their children as shields, what do you do?
My answer: I do what I must to protect my children.

=======================================

In my previous comment I but looked to frame the context-- to establish the real world meaning of the coming fight instead of the evil sophistry that looks to deny Israel the right to defend itself.

To rephrase what John A. Curley states nearby in my own words-- the can has been kicked down the road, and now we are at the end of the road.

To me it looks like a definitive fight is to be had, with Unconditional Surrender to be our goal. This is what it took with both Nazi Germany and WW2 Japan.

With that established, then we can count on Israel being the magnanimous victors that we were in after WW2.

The implications here are truly frightening.

If/when Israel goes into Gaza, it seems likely that Hezbollah will unleash massive rocket attacks on the entirely of Israel that will overwhelm the Iron Dome.

If fear of this possibility causes Israel to not go into Gaza after having had the proportional equivalent of 37,000 Americans killed in one day, then, though it may take a little while, Israel is done for IMHO.

I think the Israelis understand this.

If/when Israel goes into Gaza and Hezbollah unleashes-- then this armchair general assesses that Israel must go full Chechnya on Hezbollah's positions in Lebanon.

Which brings us to the elephant in the room-- Iran and the Obama-Biden policy of utter appeasement.

It boggles the mind that:

a) Biden lifted the oil sanctions on Iran, thus enabling them to the tune of $40-80B;
b) Biden paid $6B in ransom (and then pardoned the minimally reported dual citizens involved of their treasonous behaviors!!)
c) and in the aftermath of Oct 7 has barely mentioned Iran or threatened it, let alone reimpose the oil sanctions or pull back the $6B.

BIDEN'S APPEASEMENT IS WHAT ENABLED IRAN TO ENABLE THESE ATTACKS AND GAVE THEM THE COURAGE TO DO SO.

IMHO of the two aircraft carrier groups off of Israel, one of them should be off Iran. Iran's oil fields and refineries should definitely be on the table.
But our President is venal, senile, and flaccid. He is not doing this, nor will he. Instead, he gives $100M to Hamas in the name of Gazan civilians!!!
Thus, should my assessment prove correct, it is entirely possible that Israel may be cornered into the nuclear option.
Should those who control Biden decide that in point of fact we really do have to act against Iran, then I predict that the Iranian and Jihadi fifth column elements that I believe already to be in America (there are Chinese, Russian, and others too!) will begin a campaign of sabotage and terror here in America.
Indeed, such may be the case as soon as Israel goes into Gaza.
Obama Biden have been appeasers of America's enemies and we are now about to pay a very heavy price.
Prepare to have our assumptions shattered.
All this from the present safety of my armchair.

=================

A friend comments:

"This quote is often attributed to Churchill, but which seems to be from Abba Eban says:-

“Men and nations behave wisely when they have exhausted all other resources.”

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
steak and lobster
« Reply #2707 on: October 22, 2023, 11:02:47 AM »
" Last night the US ships off Israel’s coast served their crews steak and lobster, which is usually done on holidays, or to boost morale in advance of action."

BBG , interesting.

Almost like the last supper before the hard work and possible serious danger begins.

Reminds me of a well known oncologist in my area who I have known for over 30 yrs.
He was one of my professors in the late 80's.

He still takes care of some relatives of mine.

He was famous in the hospital oncology floors for providing his patients with steak / or lobster their first day of admission prior to the start of chemotherapy.

Almost like their last supper before they have their appetites wiped out by sometimes grueling chemo.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
modern Nazi hunters
« Reply #2708 on: October 22, 2023, 02:44:01 PM »
https://nypost.com/2023/10/22/new-elite-israeli-unit-to-hunt-down-every-hamas-terrorist-involved-in-sneak-slaughter/

I have feeling they will operate internationally

like in movie Munich.

and in history elsewhere

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: October 22, 2023, 04:03:00 PM »
Allah willing!  :-D :-D :-D

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: steak and lobster
« Reply #2711 on: October 22, 2023, 10:33:34 PM »
" Last night the US ships off Israel’s coast served their crews steak and lobster, which is usually done on holidays, or to boost morale in advance of action."

BBG , interesting.

Almost like the last supper before the hard work and possible serious danger begins.

Reminds me of a well known oncologist in my area who I have known for over 30 yrs.
He was one of my professors in the late 80's.

He still takes care of some relatives of mine.

He was famous in the hospital oncology floors for providing his patients with steak / or lobster their first day of admission prior to the start of chemotherapy.

Almost like their last supper before they have their appetites wiped out by sometimes grueling chemo.

Indeed, been down that road. No lobster, but I did get to ring a large bell after my final infusion.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: October 23, 2023, 06:57:14 AM »
well we here wish you health, happiness, and liberty going forward from here.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
VDH on Death Cult Incongruities
« Reply #2714 on: October 23, 2023, 09:41:50 PM »
Victor Davis Hanson
@VDHanson
Israel vs. a Death Cult
Here are three critical considerations that must be understood about the current Israel-Hamas conflict. It is a sort of half-war. It consists of a military trying to defeat an organized clique of passive-aggressive, media-obsessed tribal murderers.
It is not really a war. This ‘war’ did not begin with a military assault. It is nothing like the Six-Day and Yom Kippur Wars, or indeed most other conflicts. It broke out with a surprise assault by between 1,500 and 2,500 gunmen of the Hamas death squads.
During peace and on a holiday, they entered Israel in a long-planned hit operation to murder civilians and take captives, focusing specifically on butchering the most vulnerable—the elderly, women, children, and infants—and in the most grotesque fashion imaginable.
Their desire was to be as savagely pre-civilizational as possible—the more macabre the manner of murder, the more fertile their sophistry that they were reduced to such repulsive blood lust by their worse “oppressors”. It would be as though gruesome Mafia hitmen had claimed they were forced to become animal-like due to even worse systemic anti-Italian bias. Even the Mexican cartels do not claim they are led to behead because of the injustice of the Mexican government.
By preplanned design, women were raped, and children and infants were burned alive, bound and executed, and (yes) beheaded. The dead were often mutilated. Some 1,400 Israelis were butchered, the vast majority civilians. Some 3,500-4,500 were wounded.
Hamas never planned to stage a preemptive war against the Israeli military. Its only agenda was to send killers to unprotected villages to murder the unarmed as they slept—in the manner of Nazi Einsatzgruppen and other mobile death squads on the Eastern Front. Almost immediately they counted on using hostages, human shields, and the media to avoid any accounting from the IDF.
To distract from the murder mission, Hamas launched some 5,000 rockets—all intended as terror weapons to strike civilians, in the fashion of the V-1 and V-2 attacks on London. What followed is the most asymmetrical “war” in memory. The IDF is the only military in the world told to be “proportionate” in its use of retaliatory force—not the U.S. after 9/11, and not Ukraine after February 24, 2022. No Arab army or terrorist cadre has ever waged a war under the rules of “proportionality”.
Can anyone remember a conflict, other than ones involving the U.S. or Britain, in which the attacked in its response is expected to first phone or drop leaflets warning its target areas? Does Hamas do that when it launches its rockets at Israeli cities?
It is not an anti-colonial struggle. Gaza is not anyone’s“colony”. It has been autonomous since 2006-7. No free Israeli Arab Muslim citizen would willingly emigrate there to live under the dictatorship of Hamas. And for good reason. Gaza has been the recipient of aggregate billions in cash from the Gulf monarchies, Europe, the US, the UN. and expatriate remittances. The more money came in, the  less Hamas had any intention of using it to serve its people.
Most of the gifted funds were used to build the world’s largest subterranean city of death, to buy drones and rockets, and to pay gunmen to kill Jews. Essentially Hamas is an enormous mafia-like, shakedown and hostage-taking operation that threatens the general peace, the moderate Arab nations, the Western democracies, and Israel with terrorist operations and kidnapping unless sufficiently bribed to behave. Usually, soldiers wear uniforms in battle and their far away civilian overseers do not; Hamas killers in action wear anything, but their distant leaders in safety often prefer uniforms.
So, Hamas is primarily neither a government nor even an armed force designed to fight other soldiers, but rather some eerie updated SS or Mexican-like cartel. Was that reality at the time unknown to Gazans who once voted them into power, or to its unhinged supporters on the streets and campuses of the US who celebrated its murder missions and damned Israel—even before Israel responded?
Only Hamas is deliberately targeting civilians. Hamas fires its rockets at Israeli civilians from hospitals, schools, UN facilities, and mosques. Again, note the logic: Hamas assumes that Israel fights wars more humanely than Hamas itself does, and so will both try to avoid Hamas’s Palestinian human shields, and of course never itself employ such a barbaric tactic—since, among other humane reasons, Israeli civilians would attract, rather than deflect a Hamas rocket.
The Israelis avoid collateral damage; there is not even such a concept for Hamas: all of its attacks are primarily aimed at civilians. Collateral damage for Hamas follows from accidently encountering the IDF.
How Orwellian that the world demands that Israel, in its efforts to prevent Hamas rocket launches aimed exclusively at its civilian population, must not hurt a single civilian who is impressed to shield the rocket launchers. Note well: Hamas’s air campaign is specifically designed to kill civilians—Israel’s to avoid them. In Israel rockets are used to shield civilians; in Gaza civilians are used to shield  rockets.
Hamas seeks to force the Israeli military to violate the rules of war; Israel accepts that there are no rules that Hamas gunman would ever follow. The odd result is that a sick  world is more accepting of deliberate mass murdering by Hamas than occasional accidental collateral damage by Israel.
8:23 PM · Oct 23, 2023

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
the media war
« Reply #2716 on: October 23, 2023, 09:57:30 PM »
was listening to Greg Kelly for a bit today on radio and he was calling Israel to just ignore the media/propaganda war.

I am thinking it is impossible - they have to consider it.

the US is surely pressuring them

how do you say no to the country that provides 4 billion in aid per yr
and will deliver you the weapons and more $ as needed?

whether or not Biden would really attack Iran seems dubious to me.

and of course this international giant of a statesman (in his own mind):

https://news.yahoo.com/obama-wades-israeli-conflict-counsels-210459077.html

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Hamas Joined by Ordinary Gazans During 10/7 Rampage
« Reply #2717 on: October 24, 2023, 01:14:10 PM »
I'd heard elsewhere that there was a $10k bounty and a free apartment in it for anyone that kidnapped an Israeli and brought them back to Gaza, which didn't quite make sense as it appears Hamas was hardcore from the onset and didn't require additional motivation. Then comes this story that states ordinary Gaza citizens traipsed over into Israel in the wake of Hamas and committed many of the atrocities we then heard of. I confess these new facts strike me as pretty darn chilling in their banality: oh look butchers are butchering, let's join the fun and see if there is anything to this kidnapping lottery and snag a piece of it just in case....

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/just-as-cruel-as-the-terrorists-many-ordinary-palestinians-joined-in-hamass-atrocities-against-israel/?fbclid=IwAR0RaAJuzZWJc0RvvZIqwFhDayFFzO9Qyh5161MoYO4LzJgsvIL2zxVGRnE

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
STUD!!!
« Reply #2718 on: October 24, 2023, 02:57:41 PM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Powerful Atlantic article
« Reply #2719 on: October 25, 2023, 06:40:20 AM »
A Record Of Pure, Predatory Sadism
THE ATLANTIC - GRAEME
MONDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2023

This afternoon, at a military base north of Tel Aviv, the Israel Defense Forces held a grisly matinee screening of 43 minutes
of raw footage from Hamas's October 7 attack. Members of the press were invited, but cameras were not allowed. Hamas had
the opposite policy on cameras during the attack, which it documented gleefully with its fighters' body cams and mobile
phones. Some of the clips had been circulating already on social media in truncated or expurgated form, with the footage decorously stopped just before beheadings and moments of death. After having seen them both in raw and trimmed forms, I can endorse the decision to trim those clips. I certainly hope I never see any of the extra footage again.

It was, as IDF Major General Mickey Edelstein told the press afterward, "a very sad movie." Men, women, and children are shot, blown up, hunted, tortured, burned, and generally murdered in any horrible manner you could predict, and some that you might not. The terrorists surround a Thai man they have shot in the gut, then bicker about what to do next. (About 30,000 Thais live in Israel, many of them farmworkers.) "Give me a knife!" one Hamas terrorist shouts. Instead he finds a garden hoe, and he swings at the man's throat, taking thwack after thwack. The audience gasped.
I heard someone heave a little at another scene, this one showing a father and his young sons, surprised in their pajamas. A terrorist throws a grenade into their hiding place, and the father is killed. The boys are covered in blood, and one appears to have lost an eye. They go to their kitchen and cry for their mother. One of the boys howls, "Why am I alive?" and "Daddy, Daddy." One says, "I think we are going to die." The terrorist who killed their father comes in, and while they weep, he raids their fridge. "Water, water," he says. The spokesman was unable to say whether the children survived.

The videos show pure, predatory sadism; no effort to spare those who pose no threat; and an eagerness to kill nearly matched by eagerness to disfigure the bodies of the victims. In several clips, the Hamas killers fire shots into the heads of people who are already dead. They count corpses, taking their time, and then shoot them again. Some of the clips I had not previously seen simply show the victims in a state of terror as they wait to be murdered, or covered with bits of their friends and loved ones as they are loaded into trucks and brought to Gaza as hostages. There was no footage of rape, although there was footage of young women huddling in fear and then being executed in a leisurely manner.

Edelstein said that the IDF chose to show the footage out of necessity. It is not every day that snuff films of Jews are shown
at an IDF screening hall. (The original site of the screening was a commercial theater, which would have been even worse.)

"What we shared with you," Edelstein said, searching for words, "you should know it." And he said he struggled to understand how some journalists could present the IDF and Hamas as comparable. This footage would refute that false equivalence.

"We are not looking for kids to kill them," he said. "We have to share it with you so no one will have an idea that someone is
equal to another."

To me the most disturbing section was not visual at all. Like the clip of the father and his boys hunted in their pajamas, it was upsetting in part because it showed a relationship between parent and child. The clip is just a phone call-placed by a terrorist to his family back in Gaza. He tells his father that he is calling from a Jewish woman's phone. (The phone recorded the call.) He tells his father that his son is now a "hero" and that "I killed 10 Jews with my own hands." And he tells his family, about a dozen times, that they should open up WhatsApp on his phone, because he has sent photographs to prove what he has done. "Put on Mom!" he says. "Your son is a hero!"

His parents, I noticed, are not nearly as enthusiastic as he is. I believe that the mom says "praise be to God" at one point, which could be gratitude for her son's crimes or pure reflex, indicating her loss for words to match her son's unspeakable acts. They do not question what their son has done; they do not scold him. They tell him to come back to Gaza. They fear for his safety. He says, amid rounds of "Allahu akbar," that he intends "victory or martyrdom"-which the parents must understand means that he will never come home. From their muted replies I wonder whether they also understand that even if he did come home, he would do so as a disgusting and degraded creature, and that it might be better for him not to.

Graeme Wood is a staff writer at The Atlantic and the author of The Way of the Strangers: Encounters With the Islamic State.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Holocaust studies professor states Israelis need to reckon plight of Palestinian
« Reply #2720 on: October 25, 2023, 07:18:07 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/professor-demands-israel-stop-weaponizing-the-holocaust-to-justify-violence/ar-AA1iPkt9?ocid=msedgntphdr&cvid=1a3900220fcb4f53b003b00ee42df226&ei=11

https://stockton.edu/graduate/holocaust-genocide-studies.html

I just sent him an email politely inquiring about his solution to the problem
and what exactly does he mean a reckoning by Israel

they have offered 2 state solutions for decades and always get rebuffed.

I will post if he responds

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
the obama influence
« Reply #2721 on: October 25, 2023, 07:43:38 AM »
it is now obvious
that Obama people with biden are again preventing Israel from responding

and blowing the response up like they did with anonymous leak of Israel's plans to bomb the Iran nuc sites from Belarus

and lets not forget that it appeared Obamster already seemed to accept that iran would get nucs and best option was to contain

what a fool

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: October 25, 2023, 07:53:15 AM »
Baraq also sabotaged Israel's landing rights deal with Azerbaijan.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: the obama influence
« Reply #2723 on: October 25, 2023, 09:47:29 AM »
Strange that a guy that has complete private access to the President and all his key advisors feels a need to speak out publicly.  As a 'senior statesman ' it is obviously about shifting public opinion, in this case against Israel's response.  He is giving cover to the inevitable shift of Biden's policy and rhetoric on that away from Israel.

Can't we all just get along?

(The clear answer on the ground and in the films is no, we can't.)

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Erdagon
« Reply #2724 on: October 25, 2023, 11:13:41 AM »
terrorists

JIHAD !

or I guess :

MUHAJIDEEN !

JIHAD JIHAD JIHAD

my ass.

Only Jews have to play be different rules.....  :wink:

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: October 25, 2023, 03:35:43 PM »
Very interesting perspective from left of center .   Still not clear why Israeli or US intelligence did not pick it up.  The libs were so mad Netanyahu they went on strike?      He also calls Biden the best president Israel ever had!   A diss to Trump if I ever heard one!    This is how American democrat jews will respond to Morris’ perpetrated dissolutionment.     They can still be Jewish and crat at the same time by rallying around Biden who overall has been good so far I don’t disagree though I don’t like Obama fools around him
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 06:05:30 PM by ccp »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Obma's homework assignment
« Reply #2727 on: October 25, 2023, 04:32:23 PM »
Maybe Obama could read this for his homework assignment and start lecturing the other side - if they would listen:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mellman-do-palestinians-support-hamas-polls-paint-a-murky-picture/ar-AA1iPUTB?ocid=msedgntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=b6e64102e7d84a1d9207655744b532da&ei=10

By 70 percent to 28 percent, Palestinians oppose a two-state solution — “the establishment of a Palestinian state alongside Israel.” 

An even larger number — 76 percent to 21 percent — oppose a “one state solution …in which the two sides enjoy equal rights.” 

Given a choice among three options for “ending the occupation and building an independent state,” 21 percent prefer “negotiations,” 22 percent “peaceful popular resistance” and 52 percent select “armed conflict.”   

A 58 percent majority support a “return to the armed intifada [terrorism] and confrontations,” while 41 percent oppose such a move.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Hamastan
« Reply #2728 on: October 25, 2023, 06:24:57 PM »
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/10/24/amos-yaldin-israeli-military-intelligence-netanyahu-qa-00123099

We refer to Hamas from now on as the government of “Hamas-stan” in Gaza, a neighboring country that attacked Israel, and we declare war on this country. And we are going to destroy this state, very much like what the Allies did to Germany in 1945, very much like what the U.S. did to ISIS, to the Caliphate, in Iraq and Syria, 2014 to 2019. We hope that after Hamas is destroyed, the [Palestinian Authority] may come back to Gaza. There are even more innovative ideas of an Arab mandate — maybe a consortium of Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the UAE — that will control the place. We are not there yet. It took the Americans years to try and destroy Al Qaeda in Afghanistan or the jihadists in Iraq and five years against ISIS. Gaza is smaller, the Israelis are fighting close to home, and we can do it maybe in months — two months, three months — but it is not going to be so quick, so we have time to think about the solution as the operation goes on. But the goal is well-defined: Hamas will not control Gaza anymore.

============

Marc:  Upon victory perhaps Gazastan would be better.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
The Lessons of the Hamas War - The Obama (Biden) administration’s support for Hamas was not passive.

https://www.jpost.com/opinion/column-one-the-lessons-of-the-hamas-war-483103

(Doug)   11 years of siding with the wrong 'team'. Plus Iran support.  Iran's support for Hamas is not passive. Now we get THIS.  Is it over the top politics to assess blame??
---------------
Here's what we know about Hamas:

Hamas Leader — ‘We are trying to rid the world of all Jews and Christians.’
https://twitter.com/ACTBrigitte/status/1712532259830407580

Maybe that's misunderstood or out of context...

It's not fair to animals to call these people animals. Name one that behaves like this.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 07:13:49 AM by DougMacG »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: October 30, 2023, 07:14:55 AM »
don't hold our breaths waiting for Obama or any of his little dwarfs to admit they were wrong

about Iran
about Hamas
about China
about Russia
about the UN
about WHO
about covid source

and on and on

Like Michael Oren says officials politicians in the US never take responsibility or pay a price for mistakes like they do in Israel.

The only hope is they do not get re elected
or reappointed

but that does not work well either

no justice for the snakes

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: October 30, 2023, 08:17:25 AM »
Exactly so.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Spectacular mix of lies and half truths
« Reply #2733 on: October 30, 2023, 03:00:31 PM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
top line Drudge report says it all
« Reply #2734 on: November 01, 2023, 12:25:28 PM »
Any bozo who calls for "cease fire" should go sit in the corner and write a hundred times what this loon says:

https://www.jpost.com/arab-israeli-conflict/article-771199

and give them an F on their final grade

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Palestinians who are speaking out against Hamas
« Reply #2737 on: November 03, 2023, 10:48:20 AM »
I think there is hope that after Hamas is eradicated that there could be avenue to peace but admit not all agree:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/11-facts-about-the-tomb-of-the-unknown-soldier/ar-AA1jipnd?ocid=msedgntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=d64683b5bafe40ab90eca954fb31708f&ei=11

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Netanyahu says no to Biden and the rest of the nattering nabobs
« Reply #2738 on: November 03, 2023, 11:08:21 AM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
from previous post
« Reply #2739 on: November 03, 2023, 11:27:33 AM »
Netanyahu Rebukes US, Declares No Pause and No Fuel Before Hostages are Released!

:-D :-D :-D

So Blinkens rushed trip to Israel this past week for more "discussions", "diplomacy",  "talks with friends and allies" and "conversations" and then 
failed to force Bibi to be suckered and get on his knees to Hamas.

This time I am glad Blinks failed!  Blinks et al. like to grovel with hard core irreversible enemies.  We need strong leadership.  We gotta win next yr.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: November 04, 2023, 05:01:47 AM »
A FB post that makes a more subtle point. 

"Not indigenous when they're actually white European khazarians as proven by dna tests.
Their dna tests result will describe them as Ashkenazi.
There are some middle eastern Jews in Israel who are native and have always been there and there are some Middle Eastern Jews who were living in surrounding countries who returned to Israel, but their dna tests results are different to the white European khazarian ashkenazi Jews.
The ashkenazi are the ones in government power in Israel and they are the ones who always appear on television.
Glenn, you describe yourself as a Christian, but you're obviously not a native of either the middle East or from Europe, ..... which shows that your forefathers/ ancestors converted from your actual native Asian Indian Hindu religion to Christianity in the past, just like the Khazarians converted from their previous religion to jewdaism in the past.
There's nothing wrong with changing religion, but it doesn't change your nativity."

How best to respond?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
WSJ: Jewish Emigration from Arab Lands
« Reply #2743 on: November 04, 2023, 01:14:56 PM »
second

Many Israelis Are Refugees From Arab Lands
In 1948 some 900,000 Jews lived in Iraq, Yemen and other countries. Almost all of them were violently forced out.
By Edward Meir
Nov. 3, 2023 6:48 pm ET

As people around the world demonstrate for Palestinian rights, we shouldn’t overlook another group of Middle Eastern refugees who also have suffered for decades but whose plight is seldom discussed: the displaced Jewish refugees from Arab lands. I should know; I am one of them. Our story needs to be told.

I was born in Baghdad, Iraq, as were my parents and grandparents. When Cyrus the Great liberated Babylon in 538 B.C. and gave Jews the choice to leave, my ancestors stayed. By 1948 an estimated 135,000 Jews lived in Baghdad, comprising one-third of the city’s population—more Jews by proportion than Warsaw or New York at the time. Iraqi Jews were active in government, launched businesses and held prominent positions. Iraq’s first finance minister, Sassoon Eskell, was Jewish. He insisted that the British pay for Iraq’s oil in gold rather than pounds sterling, a prescient move that salvaged the country’s finances after sterling crumbled.

By the time modern Israel was founded in 1948, some 900,000 Jews lived in the Arab world. Over the next few decades, their ranks shriveled. Jews were stripped of their passports, assets and businesses. Many were expelled in mass airlifts and were prohibited from returning. Some Arab countries banned emigration to Israel, prompting Jews to arrange to be smuggled out. Many died in the countries they called home. Others were imprisoned or executed, including relatives of mine who were hanged in Baghdad’s public squares in the late 1960s on trumped-up charges of being Zionist spies. Saddam Hussein was among the henchmen presiding over these sham trials.

By 2012 only about 4,300 Jews lived in the Arab Middle East, concentrated mainly in Morocco and Tunisia. The Jews in Syria, Lebanon, Yemen, Iraq and Libya virtually all vanished. Algeria had 140,000 Jews in 1948 and none by 2012. Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al Sisi told Secretary of State Antony Blinken last month that Egyptian Jews were never subject to repression, but he failed to explain why the country is now largely devoid of them.

And so I ask, what about the rights of Jews in Arab lands? Who will return our property and funds and stolen lives? Where was our “right of return”? Why weren’t there protests on our behalf?

Middle Eastern Jews were able to move to Israel after they were displaced. But because living conditions were difficult early on and few jobs awaited those streaming in, many moved elsewhere, including to the U.S., Canada and the U.K. My father moved to Iran in the early 1950s, where the Jewish community enjoyed a relatively peaceful period under the shah. I attended an American-run K-12 school in Tehran—complete with SATs and cheerleaders—before coming to the U.S. for college. But going back to Iran wasn’t an option once the mullahs took over in 1979. In effect, I was displaced twice. Now living in the U.S., I enjoy rights I never dreamed of growing up in the Middle East.

Contrast this to the 22 Arab countries that have never been welcoming toward Palestinian refugees or integrated them. Apart from Jordan, which until recently took in more than its fair share, most other Arab countries have had an uneasy relationship with their Palestinian neighbors. The approximately 200,000 Palestinian refugees in Lebanon aren’t eligible for citizenship and have limited access to healthcare and education. Syria has refused to grant its Palestinian refugees citizenship. Egypt didn’t want Palestinian Gaza back, leaving it for Israel to govern until Israel evacuated the territory in 2005.

About half the displaced Palestinians live in Israel, and although subject to hardships that shouldn’t be ignored, they enjoy a higher standard of living than Palestinian refugees living elsewhere. Meanwhile, the number of Palestinian refugees living across the Middle East has ballooned to six million, the largest stateless community in the world. Palestinians, unlike other refugees, are protected by the U.N. Relief and Works Agency instead of by the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees. Unrwa doesn’t have a mandate to resettle refugees, so it is in effect a refugee enabler, preventing Palestinians from rebuilding their lives by going to other countries as Middle Eastern Jews did.

Equally tragic for the Palestinians are the poor choices their leaders have made on their behalf. Periodic offers of a two-state solution have been dismissed since 1948. In July 2000, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak offered Palestinian President Yasser Arafat far-reaching concessions for a self-governing entity and eventually a state. Mr. Arafat rejected the deal. In 2008, after another round of fighting between Israel and Hezbollah, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert offered a sweeping proposal, which Mr. Arafat’s successor, Mahmoud Abbas, turned down. The mood in Israel has also hardened. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has essentially given up on negotiations, opting instead to make peace with other Arab countries.

Amid more conflict and violence, I hope that Israelis and Palestinians find the peace they seek and deserve. From one ex-Jewish refugee to a current Palestinian one, I welcome you to a home and a state, but only if you come in peace and with leaders who are like-minded in this noble pursuit. I hope the wait won’t be long—but sadly, I think it will be.

Mr. Meir is the president of Commodity Research Group.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
GPF: Energy aspects to the Gaza War
« Reply #2744 on: November 06, 2023, 05:13:54 AM »
Eastern Mediterranean Energy Hangs in the Balance of the Israel-Hamas War
Unless the conflict spreads, the impact on the global economy should be manageable.
By: Antonia Colibasanu

As the Israel-Hamas conflict threatens to spread, oil traders are paying a premium for their annual supply of most grades of Middle Eastern crude for 2024, according to Reuters. Though this seems to confirm what many suspect – that the conflict has irrevocably triggered increases in the price of energy – it’s unclear how much, and for how long, these increases will affect the global economy.

The usual caveats about the fog of war apply, of course, but so far businesses in the region are operating under two potential scenarios. The first is a confined war in which prices jump only a little ($4-$7 per barrel) and thus lead to a marginal increase in inflation (0.1 percent). The second is a larger war that spreads throughout the region. If it does escalate, oil prices could jump to as much as $150 per barrel, according to some estimates, potentially leading to a global recession with serious inflationary pressures.

For its part, the Israeli economy is already starting to adjust to the new normal, after what some consider an Israeli equivalent to 9/11. Consumer spending is down, and as reservists get called up for the fight, serious shortfalls in manpower have hurt supply chains at seaports and supermarkets alike. GPF sources say daily rocket attacks continue, and in some areas, rocket sirens are heard at least twice a day, so the economic uncertainty in Israel isn’t going away any time soon. The government, meanwhile, has vowed “no limit” spending to finance the war and compensate affected individuals and businesses, implying a larger budget deficit and more debt. The Economy Ministry has established a war room that as of late October had created a database connecting at least 8,550 people with failing firms. The Bank of Israel cut its economic growth forecast for 2023 to 2.3 percent from 3 percent and its forecast for 2024 to 2.8 percent from 3 percent. These forecasts assume the war will be limited to Gaza.

Israel
(click to enlarge)

While Israel has halted electricity supplies to the Gaza Strip, it has also had to change its own consumption patterns. Natural gas accounts for 70 percent of Israel’s electricity generation and more than 40 percent of the country's energy mix. The Energy Ministry has asked electric utilities to look for alternate fuel sources to meet their needs. It ordered Chevron to temporarily halt production on the Tamar field, which is located 25 kilometers (16 miles) from Gaza and largely serves domestic supply. It also directed Chevron to temporarily halt flows through the East Mediterranean Gas (EMG) pipeline, which connects Ashkelon, an Israeli city 13 kilometers north of Gaza, to Arish in Egypt's northern Sinai. Though the EMG could no longer operate given its proximity to the battlefront, the cuts have had little effect on Israel’s overall energy supply.

However, offshore gas reserves have become a strategic asset for Israel. The discovery of offshore gas reserves, most notably the Tamar field in 2009 and the Leviathan field in 2010, has accelerated the switch from coal to gas and driven a substantial overhaul of Israel's energy infrastructure, allowing it to become a gas exporter. In 2022, Israel produced 21.9 billion cubic meters of gas, with Leviathan producing 11.4 bcm and Tamar producing 10.2 bcm. Israel consumed 12.7 bcm and exported 5.8 bcm to Egypt and 3.4 bcm to Jordan. Exports were expected to increase further in 2023. In light of the Ukraine war and the EU’s efforts to find alternatives to Russian energy, Israel could have enhanced its share in the global natural gas market.

In fact, the offshore gas reserves in Israel’s and other Eastern Med countries' coastal waters have led to discussions over using energy to stabilize the regional economy. The war in Ukraine accelerated the will for these countries to work in exploiting and selling the resources to Europe. Last November, for example, a decades-long dispute over maritime borders between Israel and Lebanon ended, and according to the new borders, Lebanon has the right to explore the Qana or Sidon reservoirs, portions of which are located in Israeli territorial waters. Authorities in Beirut hope the agreement will help Lebanon rebuild its economy – hence why, so far, Hezbollah appears to be respecting unofficial red lines it shouldn’t cross despite rhetoric to the contrary.

Though the war will delay future energy operations and increase their costs, Israel seems intent on moving forward with them. On Oct. 29, it announced that six companies, including BP and Italy’s Eni, had been granted 12 licenses to explore and locate additional offshore natural gas reserves. This is the fourth offshore bid for natural gas exploration in Israel’s economic waters since 2010. The winning businesses in this bid will form two consortiums to explore two locations adjacent to Israel's Leviathan field. (Eni, Dana Petroleum and Ratio Energies make up one group, while BP, Azerbaijan's state oil company Socar and NewMed Energy represent the other.) Firms have three years to conduct exploration programs and can obtain two-year extensions for a total of seven years if they agree to drill at least one well.

All of this is to say that Israel has not just obtained new upstream investment from European oil companies but also secured their long-term commitment to the area – suggesting many companies are betting on a contained war scenario. And because they seem to agree that it may take six to 12 months for explorations to begin, firms like Eni are clearly in it for the long haul.

This wasn’t always the case. For years, companies tended to avoid upstream Israeli operations for fear of alienating Arab oil-producing governments. But the 2020 Abraham Accords changed the game. Chevron entered the market, prompting the United Arab Emirates sovereign wealth fund to invest in the Tamar gas field in 2021. BP expressed its interest in offshore projects in the Eastern Mediterranean, bidding, with Abu Dhabi National Oil Co., to acquire a 50 percent stake in Israeli gas producer NewMed Energy, despite the current Gaza conflict.

Chevron’s experience in Israel is a reminder of the resilience in conflict areas. After all, Tamar was targeted by rockets in 2021, and EMG has been shut down, its volumes redirected through an alternate regional network. However, if the Tamar and EMG shutdowns continue, the gas deliveries to Israel will be reduced, as will exports to Egypt.

In fact, the conflict has already complicated life in Egypt. While the country appears to have rejected all suggestions for accepting Palestinian refugees in exchange for external aid and debt forgiveness – a prospect reportedly floated by U.S. and European officials – the turmoil will continue to provide Cairo with opportunities to get concessions from its creditors and alleviate its severe economic problems. Concerned about the conflict's destabilizing effects, which could increase irregular migration from Egypt to Europe, the European Union is looking into a partnership agreement with Egypt focused on migration and economic cooperation, the core of which would be a significant financial assistance package.

EU concerns about the status of Egypt will grow so long as the EMG continues to be offline. Prolonged lapses of gas will undermine Egypt’s ability to meet the energy demands of its people, as well as its ability to export liquefied natural gas to the EU. (Shipments are already lower this year compared with 2022.) Egypt isn’t an especially significant supplier, but in such a tight LNG market, and with winter just around the corner, prices have already increased in Europe and could increase in Asia soon too.

Ultimately, how long the Israel-Hamas conflict lasts will determine how much it affects the global economy. The appeals from Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei to Arab and Muslim nations for a trade embargo that includes oil against Israel haven’t yet made corporations begin to reevaluate their investment choices. None of the current foreign investors seem to want to leave.

Turkey is one potential outlier. Roughly 40 percent of Israel’s annual oil consumption is met by crude exported through Turkey’s Ceyhan terminal. But Ankara doesn’t appear to be on board with Israel’s response to the Hamas attacks. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s speeches in support of the Palestinians and the Turkish media reports that follow – both of which call on energy-rich Islamic countries to impose oil and natural gas embargoes on the West to halt Israeli airstrikes in Gaza – suggest that Turkey may well support Iran in an energy ban. But that may be easier said than done. According to Bloomberg, a Malta-registered oil tanker called the Seaviolet recently delivered 1 million barrels of Azerbaijani petroleum from Ceyhan to the Israeli port of Eilat. While Israel needs the crude coming from Ceyhan, Turkey also needs the revenue from facilitating oil exports to Israel. Rhetoric and protests aside, Turkey can’t afford to suspend any line of its trade with Israel, much less its energy cooperation.

The worst-case scenario – a wider conflict between Israel and the Arab states – could hamper energy cooperation in the Eastern Mediterranean. It would make Israeli gas initiatives with Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon much more difficult – if not impossible. The new gas developments are meant to establish a hub and boost regional trust. More sustained limits on Eastern Mediterranean export capabilities would be a setback, particularly for EU countries such as Italy that rely on the region’s energy as part of the transition away from Russian exports, and whose companies are investing in Eastern Mediterranean production and export infrastructure anyway. If Turkey joins the coalition against Israel, it will need to limit its own role in facilitating energy exports not only to Israel but also to Europe. But to do that, Ankara needs to produce more than political speeches. And while it has no interest in doing so, all businesses working with Israel to develop energy projects in the Eastern Mediterranean remain tentative but optimistic.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: November 06, 2023, 12:57:35 PM »
If you want peace let Israel do its job and get rid of Hamas.

If you want endless war then keep running around the world with failed diplomacy ala Neville Chamberlain.

Netanyahu to BlinKs:

Go back to your hole asshole:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvpZx7eLD3o

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
WSJ: FY Baraq
« Reply #2747 on: November 06, 2023, 02:41:40 PM »

Obama, Hamas and ‘Complicity’
The former president seeks to shift the blame for the attack on Israel. He ought to look in the mirror.
By Elliot Kaufman
Nov. 6, 2023 12:57 pm ET

Gift unlocked article

Listen

(4 min)

Former President Barack Obama speaks during the Obama Foundation Democracy Forum in Chicago, Nov. 3. PHOTO: PAT NABONG/ASSOCIATED PRESS
Even Barack Obama supported Israel in dismantling Hamas, a senior Israeli official was eager to tell me early in the war. The former president said so in a 73-word statement on Oct. 9.

But on Oct. 23, in a 1,130-word statement, Mr. Obama called for Israeli restraint. Now, on the “Pod Save America” podcast, Mr. Obama counsels “an admission of complexity.” In a part of the interview released Saturday, Mr. Obama says: “What Hamas did was horrific and there’s no justification for it. And what is also true is that the occupation and what’s happening to Palestinians is unbearable.” To get to the full truth, “you then have to admit nobody’s hands are clean, that all of us are complicit to some degree.” He adds: “As hard as I tried—I have the scars to prove it—but there’s a part of me that’s still saying, ‘Well, was there something else I could have done?’ ”

Only a part? Mr. Obama sent Iran $1.7 billion in cash, released some $100 billion in frozen assets and unshackled Iranian industry. His plan to extricate the U.S. from the Middle East was suitably complex: find a rapprochement with Iran that would empower it to stabilize the region for us. Predictably, Tehran used the money to build up each front—Gaza, Lebanon, the West Bank, Syria, Iraq and Yemen—in today’s war on Israel.

The rest of Mr. Obama’s policy paved the way. In August 2012, he drew a “red line.” The U.S. would respond militarily if Syria used chemical weapons. When Syria did a year later, Mr. Obama blinked and then let Russia bail him out by pretending to remove all the chemical weapons. Russia never left Syria, and propping up Bashar al-Assad solidified its alliance with Iran. The Journal reports that Russia plans to give Hezbollah better air defenses in Lebanon, and Syria is a key Hezbollah staging ground and transit point for Iranian weapons.

Mr. Obama pulled out of Iraq in 2011, only to see Iran-backed militias fill the vacuum. Once ISIS, which the president had dismissed as the “JV team,” established itself, reluctance to commit further to the region led the Obama and Trump administrations to work with the Iranians to defeat the group. This elevated Tehran’s Iraqi proxies, which have been attacking U.S. forces almost daily to pressure the U.S. to constrain Israel.

Israel had an early chance to destroy Hamas in the 2008-09 Gaza war, but the incoming Obama administration signaled its displeasure. Israel stopped short, declaring a unilateral cease-fire. That only prepared the next war, in 2014, but overthrowing Hamas wasn’t even on the table with Mr. Obama in the White House.

The Obama strategy of pressuring Israel and indulging the Palestinians made no progress toward peace. A 2009-10 Israeli settlement freeze was shrugged off. John Kerry shuttled around, banging his head against the wall called the “peace process.” Mr. Obama’s parting shiv—enabling a United Nations Security Council resolution that condemned the Jewish state and undermined its claim to Jerusalem—did nothing for Palestinians but indulge the fantasy that U.S. pressure on Israel will obviate the need for them to compromise.

If everyone is responsible for this war, as Mr. Obama says, then Hamas becomes only one guilty party among many, and Oct. 7 a mere link in a long causal chain. Blame shifts to Israel. As the U.N. secretary-general put it, “the attacks by Hamas did not happen in a vacuum.” But if anyone has been complicit in enabling Hamas’s atrocities, Barack Obama has.

Mr. Kaufman is the Journal’s letters editor.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: November 07, 2023, 03:57:19 AM »
Some well articulated points in here:
=========================

[David Horowitz’s new book, The Radical Mind: The Destructive Plans of the Woke Left, will be published on November 14, 2023. Pre-order it: HERE.]     

Quiz: What is the difference between Hitler’s Nazis and Palestinian supporters of Fatah and Hamas? Both are national socialists, both have embraced the totalitarian oppressors of their respective peoples and elected them whenever they were given the chance. Both are driven by a demonic hatred to exterminate the Jews. Both deploy “Big Lies” to justify their malignant cause.

Answer: The main difference is that Hitler hid the “Final Solution” – the extermination of the Jews – because he feared that Germany’s citizens were too civilized to embrace such an inhuman and evil cause. By contrast every Palestinian leader has stated their intentions clearly, written them in their covenants and visions of a Palestine without Jews, boasted of their massacres of innocents down to the cradle, and even shouted them from the rooftops.

Why is this so? German Nazis were pagans. The genocidal goals of the Palestinian Nazis are religious in origin, emanating from the mouth of the prophet Mohammed himself. The head of Hezbollah has proclaimed the Muslim war against the Jews a “Holy War.” The call to murder the Jews – “every last one” – and to behead them as infidels, is part of the sacred texts of Islam. The Hamas Slogans “Gas the Jews” and “Finish the job that Hitler started” are just tributes to a secular monster who shared their evil goal.

For decades hundreds of American campuses have been targeted by university-supported and subsidized student groups that function much like the Hitler Youth. The most prominent among them is the Muslim Students Association, created by the Muslim Brotherhood, which is seconded by the more activist Brotherhood creation, Students for Justice in Palestine. Some 20 years ago, on a speaking visit to the University of Wisconsin, I was greeted by a poster created by the MSA caricaturing me as a Nazi with a hook nose standing in a garbage can. The cartoon reminiscent of the Nazi caricatures of Jews can still be viewed on the Internet today.

Students for Justice in Palestine, which turns a blind eye to the murder of gays by the Hamas dictatorship in Gaza, was created by a Berkeley professor and Muslim Brotherhood star, Hatem Bazian, who has notoriously called for a terrorist Intifada in America while retaining his professorship. Several presidents of the Muslim Students Association have gone on to the Middle East to become terrorist leaders in Yemen, Somalia, Pakistan, Libya, and Saudi Arabia.

Intimidation of Jewish students, harassment of anti-terrorist speakers, support for the terrorist-sponsored boycott of Israel movement, and the relentless spreading of Hamas propaganda lies is the mission of SJP and its leftist campus allies. These lies include the fiction that Israel – whose inhabitants are actually the indigenous people of the region – “occupies” a square inch of Palestinian land. Israel was carved by the UN out of the ruins of the Ottoman Empire. The Turks who occupied and ruled the area for 400 years prior to the creation of Israel in 1948 are not Arabs let alone Palestinians. The fake national identity “Palestinian” was not invented until 16 and 19 years after the creation of the Jewish state. Until that time “Palestine” was the name of a geographical region like “New England.” The Palestinian identity was created specifically to justify the destruction of the Jewish state and the extermination of its Jews.

Other lies spread by the campus Nazis include the preposterous claim that Israel is an apartheid state. In reality, it is the only state in the Middle East that is not an apartheid state. If a subject of the Palestinian dictatorship on the West Bank sells land to a Jew, for example, the official penalty is death.

In the war between barbarism and civilization, the civilized are often inclined to present the enemy as not as a bad as he seems. The President of Israel recently claimed “The Hamas attack does not represent Islam.” a statement reminiscent of George Bush’s claim that the 9/11 attackers were Muslim imposters. Robert Spencer, the leading expert on Islamic jihad, had this conversation-ending response to the Israeli president’s remark: “Gee, that’s swell. Where are the Muslim leaders saying it?

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: November 07, 2023, 08:35:28 AM »
good article by David Horowitz.  Thanks CD

reminds me of Mark Levin with a tad less legal acumen but very good with the history.

Two Jews who I admire!