Author Topic: Politics by Lawfare, and the Law of War  (Read 53500 times)

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Alan Dersh and Mark Garagos on Meghan Kelly
« Reply #450 on: June 01, 2024, 06:10:23 AM »
Very interesting discussion.
Recommend listen from 30 minute mark to 1:02 time
more objective legal analysis
prior and post part of podcast also ok but a bit not anything we haven/t already heard on the cable pundits:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/trump-convicted-now-what-expert-legal-analysis-with/id1532976305?i=1000657450717

My favorite part is Meghan telling Dersh to "be quiet"

Meghan in my opinion is correct and Dersh wrong about how we proceed from here.
I agree with her we need to take the battle right to the Leftists and not let them get away with this.
Do to them as they do to us!

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
second post prediction
« Reply #451 on: June 01, 2024, 06:14:24 AM »
I don't agree with most of the lawyers

I predict Trump will either get jail time OR minimally house arrest.

The LEFT has gone this far to distort the rules to "get him"
so why would they not finish the job and sentence him to prison or at the very least house arrest.

We need to stop assuming they will be reasonable when by now it is obvious they will stop at nothing to keep him out of November.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Politics by Lawfare, and the Law of War
« Reply #452 on: June 01, 2024, 10:55:30 PM »
on thinking about it more
the DNC will let Merchan know what sentence to give DJT (in some private or covert way)
based on what polling or other data shows would help them in the polls and election most

If jail time serves to decrease his numbers he will get jail .
if jail time boosts his support he will get something else

anyone who thinks, and  any lawyers, who come out and tell us that Merchan is not influenced by what the DNC wants
should re enroll in  kindergarten as far as I am concerned.

« Last Edit: Today at 09:01:41 AM by ccp »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Manufactured Felonies
« Reply #453 on: Today at 07:51:22 AM »
"Convicted felon" is a pretty strong message to the low information voter, apparently their target market.

To the more sophisticated voter they might notice with the Democrats that their inner-Putin is showing.

Assuming this partisan judge won't order prison time for bookkeeping errors, Trump will be  put under house arrest in Mar-A-Lago, unable to campaign and do rallies in the month of the first debate, exactly as planned and timed. If that is the case, he would not even be able to attend the first debate. Or do they give him a work release to go out and visit the voters across the country, making the sentence meaningless and the charges a joke.

In any event, all the attention goes to the judge. This is what he wanted. But HE (the judge)  happens to be reason number one for overturn on appeal.

Of course the media is seeking out potential, violent reactions of a rogue Trump supporter or two to capture the moment and prove the extremism, when the extremism just happened under our new nose in a New York courtroom.
« Last Edit: Today at 07:57:39 AM by DougMacG »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Politics by Lawfare, and the Law of War
« Reply #454 on: Today at 09:11:49 AM »
"Of course the media is seeking out potential, violent reactions of a rogue Trump supporter or two to capture the moment and prove the extremism, when the extremism just happened under our new nose in a New York courtroom."

They try to distort Democracy in their favor for power.
They push us to extremes with their deceit, manipulation of laws, fake news, rigging elections, disparaging anyone who disagrees with them including Supreme Court Justices, and training our young with unwanted Woke
AND

then when finally push comes to shove a Republican reacts in a more "extreme" defensive way since that is the last recourse left, the MSM does as you say:

claim MAGA is a threat to Democracy!

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
3rd post today
« Reply #455 on: Today at 11:06:55 AM »
Genius Dersh
60 yrs experience
whom Geragos calls the premier appellate lawyer extraordinaire gives class on his analysis of the trial.
He believes that Trump lawyers made multiple mistakes making an appeal more difficult   :-o:

https://pjmedia.com/victoria-taft/2024/06/01/dershowitz-trumps-even-more-screwed-than-he-thinks-n4929526