Author Topic: Anti-semitism & Jews  (Read 387223 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-semitism & Jews
« Reply #654 on: May 03, 2018, 04:22:18 PM »
https://pjmedia.com/trending/dc-dems-are-embarrassing-the-city-government-with-anti-semitic-conspiracy-theories/

" White said he had no idea that the Rothschild conspiracy theory could be construed as anti-Semitic and awkwardly tried to make amends.

He attended a Passover Seder and met with Jewish community leaders for breakfast over bagels and lox. He went on a guided tour of the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum but abruptly left halfway through without explanation.  "

LOL give the guy bagels and lox and he will love Jews
have walk thru the Holocaust museum and suddenly he will realize Jews are as down trodden as Blacks .   LOL

This stupidity of liberal  Jews never ends

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 09:40:11 AM by ccp »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
won't see this on MSLSD or CNN
« Reply #658 on: July 11, 2018, 08:36:29 AM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Glick: Corbyn's portents
« Reply #659 on: August 12, 2018, 04:30:42 PM »
Corbyn's portents for Israel and Western Jewry

If the current violence between Israel and the Hamas terrorist regime in Gaza escalates into a full-scale war, one thing is certain. The main thoroughfares of the West’s great cities will be filled with thousands of protesters marching in support for Hamas and its strategic goal of annihilating Israel.

The anti-Israel demonstrations this time around will dwarf all those that preceded them.  We also know with mathematical certainty that Jewish institutions and Jews will be violently assaulted from London to Melbourne, Paris to San Francisco.  Every public demonstration in support of Israel, indeed, every public demonstration of Judaism, including Jewish people walking to synagogue on Shabbat – will become a focal point for attacks.

We also know with absolute certainly that just as the violent assaults against Jews in the West during Operation Protective Edge in 2014 dwarfed the attacks from earlier wars, so the violence directed against Jews and Jewish institutions in Europe and the US in the next war will dwarf all that preceded it.  We know that the anti-Israel demonstrations will be bigger and violence against Jews more widespread now than in the past because over the past four years, leftist antisemitism has grown in scope and extremism throughout the Western world.

Hatred of Jews, based in a rejection of Israel’s right to exist and expressed first and foremost through the demonization of Israel’s supporters as racists, has become more widespread. Its expressions have become more extreme and more violent.

Consider the situation in Britain. Last month, US President Donald Trump paid a visit to the US’s closest ally. The Red-Green alliance of the Left and the Muslims was beside itself. Its queer, feminist, jihadist and animal rights members banded together to organize a major demonstration against Trump in London.

As British Jewish writer and activist David Collier documented on his website, two aspects of the demonstrations stood out. First the marchers weren’t against Trump. They were anti-American.  As far as they were concerned, Trump is just a manifestation of America’s inherent evilness. His predecessor Barack Obama was also terrible.

The second notable aspect of the supposedly anti-Trump, Red-Green rally in London was the prevalence of anti-Israel messages. Collier posted videos of crowds at every corner happily shouting out chants calling for Israel to be destroyed, (“From the River to the Sea, Palestine will be Free,”) and supporting Hamas, (“From Palestine to Mexico, racist walls have got to go!”).

It’s worth asking how the protesters at an anti-Trump rally naturally gravitated towards anti-American and antisemitic messages.

Why did the people who supposedly hate Trump snap up “Free Gaza” stickers like hotcakes? What possesses British feminists to support a jihadist regime that routinely attacks Israel for no reason and treats women like property?

The answer is simple enough. They aren’t thinking. They are following.
Continue reading...

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
WSJ: Britain, Corbyn, and the Labor Party
« Reply #660 on: September 06, 2018, 03:21:58 PM »
British Jews Have Reason to Fear Corbyn’s Labour Party
The opposition leader has called Hamas terrorists ‘brothers’ and disparaged even domestic ‘Zionists.’
By Dovid Efune
Sept. 5, 2018 7:09 p.m. ET

Lord Jonathan Sacks isn’t known to throw around accusations. So when the Commonwealth’s former chief rabbi weighed in on Jeremy Corbyn, leader of Britain’s opposition Labour Party, people took notice.

Rabbi Sacks last week described Mr. Corbyn as “an anti-Semite” who has “given support to racists, terrorists and dealers of hate.” He called one Corbyn comment “the most offensive statement made by a senior British politician since Enoch Powell’s 1968 ‘Rivers of Blood’ speech,” a vicious anti-immigration diatribe. Rabbi Sacks was referring to Mr. Corbyn’s 2013 description of British “Zionists”: “They don’t want to study history and . . . they don’t understand English irony either.” On Sunday Rabbi Sacks doubled down, telling the BBC that the prospect of Mr. Corbyn as prime minister was a “danger” to British Jewry.

In July, 68 leading U.K. rabbis had written an open letter to the Guardian accusing Labour’s leadership of ignoring the Jewish community and the “severe and widespread” anti-Semitism plaguing the party. Shortly after, in an unprecedented move, the country’s three leading Jewish newspapers published joint cover stories describing the potential of a Corbyn-led government as an “existential threat to Jewish life” in Britain.

Some members of Mr. Corbyn’s own party have been unforgiving. A day after Rabbi Sacks’s remarks were published, Labour veteran Frank Field resigned from the party’s group in Parliament over the issue. Another senior party member, Dame Margaret Hodge, furiously confronted Mr. Corbyn in July and called him a “racist and anti-Semite.” Dozens of other party leaders have expressed outrage over the matter.

But Mr. Corbyn and his acolytes are having none of it—and have engaged in concerted efforts to undermine their critics.

A Labour spokesman called Rabbi Sacks’s comments “absurd and offensive.” The party briefly put Ms. Hodge under investigation. Labourites who participated in a March protest over anti-Semitism were accused of attempting to smear the party leader and were threatened with dismissal from the party via a process known as “deselection.” A letter endorsed by thousands of Corbyn supporters alleged that the gathering was the work of a “very powerful special interest group.” For his part, Mr. Corbyn claimed in an interview: “I’m not an anti-Semite in any way, never have been, never will be.”

His actions and words tell a very different story. He was long associated—unwittingly, he says, with Holocaust denier Paul Eisen. In 2012 he approved of a mural that grotesquely depicted Jewish bankers, and he did not reverse himself until earlier this year. He was long a member in Facebook groups that featured anti-Jewish conspiracies.

His worst blind spot, though, is his failure to distinguish between criticism of Israeli policies and an irrational and thoroughly bigoted hatred of Israel itself. It’s an obsession that has led him to align with those who oppose the idea of Jewish self-determination in the Levant, as well as those who have made their purpose to seek Israel’s destruction, and even those who have murdered or championed the murder of Israelis and their supporters.

In 2010 Mr. Corbyn hosted an event on Holocaust Memorial Day in which the Israeli government was compared to the Nazis. In 2012 he appeared on Iranian television to celebrate the release of Palestinian terrorists by Israel in a painful prisoner exchange with Hamas. He referred to the returning convicts as “brothers.”

Perhaps the starkest disclosure emerged last month: In 2014 he laid a wreath at the graves of terrorists involved in the murder of Israeli athletes at the Munich Summer Olympics in 1972. At the event he was pictured standing beside a leader of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, a group with a 50-year history of terrorism in Israel and overseas.

Most offensive are his efforts to redefine anti-Semitism in a way that carves out a comfortable nook for his own brand of the world’s oldest hatred to thrive. When his party sought to establish a definition for anti-Semitism, Mr. Corbyn initially made sure to exclude commonly accepted language formulated by the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance, or IHRA, a 31-member intergovernmental educational organization. The omitted language labels as anti-Semitic the demonization, delegitimization and use of double standards against Israel.

On Tuesday, as the matter threatened to tear Labour apart, the party grudgingly voted to accept the full definition. The decision included an accompanying declaration protecting the freedom of expression of Israel critics, which was panned by leading Jewish groups.

Mr. Corbyn himself, adding insult to injury, reportedly pushed for a statement allowing party members to refer to “Israel, its policies or the circumstances around its foundation as racist.” The party’s governing body overruled him.

On Sunday former Labour Prime Minister Gordon Brown had called for the party to “support unanimously, unequivocally and immediately” the IHRA definition of anti-Semitism. Mr. Brown is right. The party’s actions fall far short of both unanimity and lack of equivocation. Mr. Corbyn has no business negotiating with or lecturing Jews on what forms of bigotry they should or should not endure. This wouldn’t be tolerated with respect to any other minority group.

It’s a shameful stain on the Labour Party that it has elevated Mr. Corbyn to within one election of leading the country. At this stage only a party revolt or a punishing defeat for Labour at the ballot box can restore a sense of comfort to the Jewish community in the U.K.

Until that time a dark cloud will hang over Britain’s 270,000 Jews, and the entire country often described as America’s closest ally.

Mr. Efune is editor in chief and CEO of the Algemeiner, a New York-based newspaper.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
So what is the origin of this bigotry?
« Reply #662 on: September 07, 2018, 07:04:54 AM »
"The Strange Phenomenon Of Black Anti-Semitism"

Great post .  I am glad to see someone else noticing this and pointing out the obvious.

But it does not answer the original question .  So what is the source of Black antisemitism?

I have seen many Jewish produced movies from years back that made Blacks looks stupid or foolish.  I watch now and cringe .

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
second post today
« Reply #663 on: September 07, 2018, 07:05:20 AM »
The S African leader was accusing the Jews giving and arming and training the white landowners he is taking land from . I assume he is referring to Israeli (Probably ex military) training them or I otherwise don't know why he pulled "Jews" out of the hat.

https://www.news24.com/Columnists/HowardFeldman/its-not-easy-being-a-jew-in-south-africa-20180226

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/377830.php

We Must Face the Fact That One Political Party is Mainstreaming and Normalizing Antisemitism

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 30, 2018, 04:10:30 AM »
"Funny how the antisemitism of the Obama era was a non-issue."

That is because many Jews are no longer Jews (or Americans).  They are Democrats first.
And as i have said for yrs, Republicans are worse then Nazis.  So calling Trump a Nazi is just par for the course and more obvious where their priorities are.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 30, 2018, 04:23:30 AM »
"Funny how the antisemitism of the Obama era was a non-issue."

That is because many Jews are no longer Jews (or Americans).  They are Democrats first.
And as i have said for yrs, Republicans are worse then Nazis.  So calling Trump a Nazi is just par for the course and more obvious where their priorities are.

A Hitler with Jewish grandchildren that has been the best friend of Israel to ever live in the White House. Quite a strange Hitler.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
American Jews who are not simply Democrats
« Reply #675 on: November 02, 2018, 06:52:33 PM »
  [http://carolineglick.com/american-jewrys-false-prophets/]

I am glad to see my fellow Jews finally calling out the phony hypocrite 75 % narcissistic  American Jews who are beloved to the Democrat party   They definitely think they are superior precisely because they vote Democrats :   " I am for the poor , as I vote Democrat ". " What a wonderful caring loving live and let live human being I am".

Who are they kidding!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 02, 2018, 08:50:11 PM »
"Who (sic) are they kidding!"  :lol:

"That is because many Jews are no longer Jews (or Americans).  They are Democrats first."

A bit more precise I think to say that their religion of Judaism has been replaced with the religion of Progressivism.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Good points
« Reply #678 on: November 06, 2018, 01:31:04 PM »
Could not agree more with the above article

I don't recall reading what Marx himself a grandson of two rabbies thought of Jews.  But then all capitalists were pigs I suppose.

As for Trotsky in the Stalin biographies I read it is noted that many Jews were communists .  One could argue the only alternative at the time was the Tsar.
The conclusion was simple - while most Communists in Russia were certainly not Jews , Jews made up a larger proportion of Communists than other Russians .

As for this: "In 1970, a Harris study showed that 23 percent of Jewish college students termed themselves “far left” versus 4 percent of Protestants and 2 percent of Catholics."

It has to be higher now.  Unless Democrat Jews don't see themselves as "far left" and thus are undercounted.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 11:30:59 AM by ccp »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Glick: The New Inquisition
« Reply #685 on: December 16, 2018, 08:54:28 PM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: January 03, 2019, 06:02:15 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cleveland-doctor-fired-clinic-following-investigation-dozens-threatening-anti-semitic-tweets-183416657.html

I remember a Palestinian in med school who expressed his hatred of Jews.
He was caught cheating and thrown out of the program

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Woman bites dog-- some good news
« Reply #691 on: January 16, 2019, 08:16:01 AM »

Prominent Sponsors Bail on Women's March
Jan 15, 2019 at 11:17 am
https://www.investigativeproject.org/7784/prominent-sponsors-bail-on-women-march

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 11, 2019, 07:35:50 AM »
https://news.grabien.com/story-rep-ilhan-omar-goes-anti-semitic-twitter-rampage

What is amazing are the 3 Jews in the comments section who are defending Omar.

Democrats before Jews.

One even says "I am a Jew who does not like the occupation ".  I wonder what he thinks the "solution" is.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
caveat from buzzfeed
« Reply #696 on: February 11, 2019, 02:49:18 PM »
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/emilytamkin/israel-dnc-bds-democrats-2020

I never thought I would see the day a majority of young American Jews would turn on Israel.

I think the millennials "know not what they do".  They drink from the fountain of Democrat Progressive dogma they are forced to worship at .

They are not learning from history . 

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: caveat from buzzfeed
« Reply #697 on: February 11, 2019, 03:00:40 PM »
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/emilytamkin/israel-dnc-bds-democrats-2020

I never thought I would see the day a majority of young American Jews would turn on Israel.

I think the millennials "know not what they do".  They drink from the fountain of Democrat Progressive dogma they are forced to worship at .

They are not learning from history .

All part of the left's mainstreaming of antisemitism.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Tlaib and Omar
« Reply #698 on: February 13, 2019, 08:32:22 AM »

Democrats and Anti-Semitism
The problem isn’t ‘tropes’ that are ‘hurtful.’ It’s policies that aim to wipe out the only Jewish nation.
332 Comments
By Abigail Shrier
Feb. 12, 2019 6:45 p.m. ET
Democratic Reps. Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar at the State of the Union, Feb. 5.
Democratic Reps. Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar at the State of the Union, Feb. 5. Photo: NurPhoto via Getty Images

The Democrats have an anti-Semitism problem, and it isn’t subtle. Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar tweeted Sunday that congressional support for Israel is “all about the Benjamins baby,” a slang term for $100 bills—a straightforward accusation that American lawmakers who support the Jewish state are being bought off. Who does she think is paying American politicians to be pro-Israel, the Forward’s opinion editor asked. “AIPAC!” Ms. Omar gleefully replied, notwithstanding that the American Israel Public Affairs Committee does not contribute to political campaigns.

House Democratic leaders—though none of the Democrats running for president—quickly condemned Ms. Omar’s smear, saying in a statement that her “use of anti-Semitic tropes and prejudicial accusations about Israel’s supporters” was “hurtful” and “deeply offensive.” Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said her “anti-Semitic stereotype” was “offensive and irresponsible.”

All true, but beside the point.

That Ms. Omar would slander Israel is disturbing not because of the feelings it tramples. Since her appointment to the House Foreign Affairs Committee, her statement raises alarm about how her enmity for the world’s only Jewish country—and the world’s largest Jewish population—might translate into policy aims. The issues for Israel’s supporters are security and survival, not hurt feelings, which are trivial in comparison. Assuming that all Jews love gefilte fish, play klezmer music, and suffer overbearing mothers? Those are stereotypes. Actively working to isolate Israel and accusing pro-Israel Jews of bribing Congress isn’t “insensitive.” It’s something far darker and more malevolent.

Talk of “tropes” and “stereotypes” betrays the left’s understanding of prejudice, which recognizes no distinction between threats and thoughts. Ms. Omar’s statements require no sophisticated parsing, nor a deep understanding of historical prejudice; real hatred rarely does. Hers is repeated, focused, overt and jubilant. It is bookended with musical notes, as her “all about the Benjamins” tweet was; it ends in an exclamation mark or is stamped with an arm-flex emoji, as was her “apology,” which ran under the defiant heading “Listening and learning, but standing strong,” and read in part: “I unequivocally apologize. At the same time . . .”

There is an air of comeuppance in her persistent design to delegitimize Israel, as when she told Yahoo! News last month that “I almost chuckle” at the idea that Israel is a democracy. Or in her hair-raising proclamation on Twitter , in 2012: “Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.”

Last month, she apologized for this “anti-semitic trope” she “unknowingly used”—as if Jews had a peculiar sensitivity to being accused of using mind control to disguise their evil. It is also unlikely that she meant “Israel” had “hypnotized the world”; Israel has famously few friends on the world stage.

She meant Jews—the people of Israel—a group that can credibly be claimed to hold some political influence in the West. That’s the power to which she objects. They are the people who irk her so much they are already a constant focus of her first weeks of congressional energies.

Among newly prominent Democrats, she is not alone. She and Rep. Rashida Tlaib of Michigan began their time in office by announcing their support for the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement, which calls on the world to sever economic and cultural ties with Israel, treating it as a pariah state akin to apartheid South Africa. It doesn’t matter to BDS supporters that Muslim and Arab citizens of Israel enjoy full rights, including representation in the Knesset. For them, it is enough that Jews live on any piece of land to which the Palestinian Arabs claim entitlement. That Jews are native to the land is a detail to overlook, or to deny outright, until these hatemongers decide what to do with them.

Like Ms. Omar, Ms. Tlaib vents toward Israel and Jews an obsessive, focused hostility, which she takes no pains to hide. In 2006 she contributed a column to Louis Farrakhan’s blog. When former CNN contributor Marc Lamont Hill echoed Hamas’s language in calling for a “free Palestine from the river to the sea” and defended terrorism against Israeli civilians, Ms. Tlaib praised him for “calling out the oppressive policies of Israel.” Last month, she invited a Hezbollah and Hamas supporter to a private family dinner celebrating her elevation to Congress—a man who has said Israel has no right to exist and called for “Zionist terrorist” Jews to return to Europe. Lest anyone fail to get the message, immediately upon being sworn in, Ms. Tlaib affixed to a map in her office a Post-it Note reading “Palestine” and pointing to Israel.

What does she imagine would happen to the Jews who inhabit the land if Israel were replaced by “Palestine”? Whether she envisions expulsion or genocidal war, the malign intent is unmistakable.

Perhaps we can drop the charade that obsessive hatred of Israel has anything to do with tropes, stereotypes, cultural insensitivity and the like. Such talk permits wrongdoers to claim credibly that they were not aware of a particular Jewish sensitivity. And it makes fools of us all, as lies tend to do.

As long as Democrats continue to condemn anti-Semitism while trivializing its presence within their party, this anti-Semitism is unlikely to subside. Melissa Byrne, a former aide to Sen. Bernie Sanders’s presidential campaign, tweeted of Ms. Omar: “She is a new MoC”—member of Congress—“figuring out how to navigate calling out AIPAC (which is a terrible organization aligned with Bibi).” The soft bigotry of low expectations: Ms. Omar is new here! She didn’t know it was offensive to accuse pro-Israel Jews of graft.

Sometimes hate is just hate. But threats cause alarm because of what they hope to achieve, not because they are hurtful in themselves. Democrats should stop pretending that hatred is a matter of feelings and take Ms. Omar, Ms. Tlaib and their compatriots at their word.

Ms. Shrier is a writer living in Los Angeles.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
offer them some passover wine and they will see the light of love
« Reply #699 on: February 13, 2019, 10:40:45 AM »
" Sometimes hate is just hate. But threats cause alarm because of what they hope to achieve, not because they are hurtful in themselves. Democrats should stop pretending that hatred is a matter of feelings and take Ms. Omar, Ms. Tlaib and their compatriots at their word."

I guess they thought that having her over for a bagel she was going to fall in love with them .
Fools again. 
Not me brother.

The only thing I can hope for is that the lib dems start treating this Jew hater like Republicans and make her one term.
She only one by a fluke anyway.

Don't think she has any love for Christians either. 

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/02/13/local-jewish-leaders-staged-intervention-with-ilhan-omar-in-2018-very-troubled-by-the-answers-we-received/