Author Topic: Music  (Read 143281 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Mongolian Heavy Metal
« Reply #201 on: December 18, 2020, 09:33:04 AM »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Mongolian Heavy Metal
« Reply #202 on: December 18, 2020, 09:37:07 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpxA_ZxGX_M&feature=emb_logo

I like this better than the original.

Mongolian is the most Metal language every invented by humans.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Mongol heavy metal
« Reply #203 on: December 19, 2020, 09:34:05 AM »
I have no idea what they are saying but it is powerful

and makes feel powerful

I could imagine Genghis Khan's vast hoards crossing the plains with boom boxes playing this tune as they conquer the world

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
politically incorrect Stones musak
« Reply #204 on: October 16, 2021, 02:17:18 PM »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: politically incorrect Stones musak
« Reply #205 on: October 17, 2021, 02:26:36 PM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
taylor swift
« Reply #206 on: January 24, 2022, 03:07:22 PM »
yahoo.com/entertainment/taylor-swift-blasts-damon-albarn-for-claiming-she-doesnt-write-her-songs-213957694.html

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
ancient hippies unite
« Reply #207 on: February 03, 2022, 06:10:24 AM »
prolonging the "righteous" 60's protests

ah the nostalgia:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/david-crosby-stephen-stills-ask-184005819.html

do they even listen to Joe Rogan?

My opinion :

Hey folks do not confuse

"virtuoso" with "virtuous"

it gets old very fast - no pun intended.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: ancient hippies unite
« Reply #208 on: February 03, 2022, 06:21:48 AM »
Musicians no one has cared about in decades move to become even more irrelevant!

prolonging the "righteous" 60's protests

ah the nostalgia:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/david-crosby-stephen-stills-ask-184005819.html

do they even listen to Joe Rogan?

My opinion :

Hey folks do not confuse

"virtuoso" with "virtuous"

it gets old very fast - no pun intended.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: ancient hippies unite
« Reply #209 on: February 03, 2022, 12:05:57 PM »
How about just, shut up and sing?   )

It's a business and personal decision how and where to sell their music.  I suppose they are trading half good (and half bad) PR for losing a sales outlet.  Spotify is not right wing but funny in general for a seller to not want half the market to access your product in any business or industry.

Have you heard that great new song by CSNY?  Just kidding.

Similarly, to appease the 'woke':  Dick's Sporting Goods lost $250 million in revenue on decision to end gun sales.  That's okay, but don't buy their stock and don't buy anything else there if that decision offends you.
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/dicks-sporting-goods-admits-decision-to-abandon-gun-sales-cost-shareholders-250m-in-revenue/
I wonder if their press release regretted that their decision made defending yourself and your family more difficult, leaving maybe dozens dead and hundreds robbed, and deer herds starving from over-population.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
jeffrey steele
« Reply #210 on: March 18, 2022, 09:37:39 AM »
his name is fitting

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2022/03/18/jeffrey-steele-pays-tribute-to-andrew-breitbart-with-new-single-walk-toward-the-fire/

saw this guy in NYC yrs ago

he along with 3 others who claimed to write songs they did not
were there

saw person who followed me around in Florida
there who kept watching me
who was one of the middle men who ripped us off and sold these guys the goods
more to the story but will not bore anyone with it.

so now he is honored for honoring Breitbart

:roll: :x

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
When the music is not good enough to stand alone in attracting viewers
« Reply #211 on: April 02, 2022, 09:24:35 AM »
resort to all sorts of gossip and gimmicks to perk interest in watching grammies

have jon stewart pull his pants down in front of brittney spears

etc.   :roll:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/oscars-slap-prepare-nightmare-grammys-085004286.html

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
toby keith stomach cancer
« Reply #212 on: June 12, 2022, 02:35:15 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/toby-keith-stomach-cancer-191733875.html

I am sure people knowing our history with this liar can imagine my joy at this.

8-)

sorry for sounding mean but for me this a night to drink a beer.

out of a red solo cup
whose lyrics came from our house among many others, such red white and blue, and 
whose your daddy ( I allege, of course)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 02:37:55 PM by ccp »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
jeffrey steele on breitbart
« Reply #213 on: July 01, 2022, 01:28:57 PM »
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2022/07/01/jeffrey-steele-releases-single-im-an-american-im-tired-of-people-putting-us-down/

"Steele — who’s written hits like “What Hurts the Most,” “My Wish,” and “These Days” for Rascal Flatts, as well as singles for Eric Church, Tim McGraw, Trace Adkins, Keith Urban, and Miley Cyrus "

yes he gets takes the credit
but he did not write jack

saw him in Joe's Pub in NYC yrs ago
when I had some choice words for some of his friends
with someone there who I recognized  from Florida because I saw him at least twice following me around.  So it went to that person to the likes of Jeff Steele then to the bigger names .

sorry to post but I can't help myself when I go to one of my favorite sites lauding a lying scumbag.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Music
« Reply #214 on: July 01, 2022, 03:48:45 PM »
Words fail.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 02, 2022, 09:08:56 AM »
words fail

True  :cry:

Unless you are a 25 yo low level Trump aide.
Then words with no corroboration mean everything....

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Kingfish
« Reply #216 on: July 23, 2022, 09:28:51 AM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
24 writer credits on beyonce song?
« Reply #217 on: August 02, 2022, 01:58:09 PM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
The only rap song I ever liked
« Reply #218 on: October 03, 2022, 04:43:27 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vimZj8HW0Kg

is this how my mind works ?

:-o

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
CCR : Green River
« Reply #219 on: June 04, 2023, 12:51:53 PM »
CCR was my favorite group early '70s
I never even noticed the Hollies 'Long Cool Woman in Black Dress"

was taken from 'Green River', but now I hear it:

https://www.google.com/search?q=green+river+ccr&rlz=1C5GCEM_enUS1001US1001&oq=green+river+ccr&aqs=chrome..69i57.15965773j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:88143f3c,vid:3WbmBK9BR9U

3 yrs later :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78edK-qI5FA

incidentally this version is pretty good:

https://www.google.com/search?
q=green+river+cover+song+machinist&rlz=1C5GCEM_enUS1001US1001&ei=3Op8ZPqUOICs5NoP-vqomAg&ved=0ahUKEwj68uW1sar_AhUAFlkFHXo9CoMQ4dUDCBA&uact=5&oq=green+river+cover+song+machinist&gs_lcp=Cgxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAQAzIFCCEQoAEyBQghEKABOgcIABAeELADOg4IABCKBRCGAxCwAxCLAzoICCEQFhAeEB06BQghEKsCSgQIQRgBUKcDWNsXYIUZaABwAHgAgAFYiAG2BpIBAjExmAEAoAEBuAECwAEByAEC&sclient=gws-wiz-serp#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:7165f5a0,vid:xAe-XMGyn4k

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
for the deep state - DNC shysters
« Reply #220 on: June 10, 2023, 10:22:59 AM »
". His past is a litany of swindles and lies
His heart is vindictive you can see it in his eyes "

https://www.paroles-musique.com/eng/Forest-Fox-Bad-Boogaloo-lyrics,p6429321

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Noonan on Swift
« Reply #221 on: November 24, 2023, 07:11:05 AM »
Over effusive, but as usual Noonan writes well.

We Should All Give Thanks for Taylor Swift
She brings joy, jobs and happy feet everywhere she goes. She’s the best thing happening in America.
Peggy Noonan
Nov. 22, 2023 6:54 pm ET

Right about now Time magazine would be choosing its Person of the Year, a designation I’ve followed from childhood because their choices tend to vary from sound to interesting. Also I almost always know who they’ll choose and enjoy finding out if I’m right. Here I tell you who it will be and must be or I will be displeased.

Miss Taylor Swift is the Person of the Year. She is the best thing that has happened in America in all of 2023. This fact makes her a suitably international choice because when something good happens in America, boy is it worldwide news.

I have been following her famous Eras tour since it began in March. Everyone says she’s huge, she’s fabulous, but really it’s bigger than that. What she did this year is some kind of epic American story.

Here are the reasons she should be Person of the Year:

Her tour has broken attendance and income records across the country. She has transformed the economy of every city she visits. The U.S. Travel Association reported this fall that what her concertgoers spend in and around each venue “is on par with the Super Bowl, but this time it happened on 53 different nights in 20 different locations over the course of five months.” Downtowns across the country—uniquely battered by the pandemic and the riots and demonstrations of 2020—are, while she is there, brought to life, with an influx of visitors and a local small business boom. Wherever she went it was like the past three years didn’t happen.

When Ms. Swift played Los Angeles for six sold-out nights in August she brought a reported $320 million local windfall with her, including 3,300 jobs and a $160 million increase in local earnings. From Straits Research this month: Ms. Swift’s tour is “an economic phenomenon that is totally altering the rules of entertainment economics.”

When the tour became a bona fide record-breaker Ms. Swift gave everyone in her crew—everyone, the dressers, the guys who move the sets, the sound techs and backup dancers—a combined $55 million in bonuses. The truck drivers received a reported $100,000 each.

Bloomberg Economics reports U.S. gross domestic product went up an estimated $4.3 billion as a result of her first 53 concerts.

The tour made her a billionaire, according to Forbes the first musician ever to make that rank solely based on her songs and performances.

When Ms. Swift made a film of the ongoing tour she reinvented how such things are financed and marketed, upending previous models, and when the film opened, on Oct. 13, it became the most successful concert film in history.

Foreign leaders have begged her to come. One said, “Thailand is back on track to be fully democratic after you had to cancel last time due to the coup.”

All of this is phenomenal, groundbreaking, but it’s just economics. Ms. Swift brings joy. Over the summer I was fascinated by what became familiar, people posting on social media what was going on in the backs of the stadium as Ms. Swift sang. It was thousands of fathers and daughters dancing. When she played in downtown Seattle in July, the stomping was so heavy and the stadium shook so hard it registered on a seismometer as equal to a magnitude 2.3 earthquake.

People meaning to compliment her ask if she’s Elvis or the Beatles, but it is the wrong question. Taylor Swift is her own category.

Here I wish to attest personally to the quality of her art but honey, I’m not the demo, I’m Porgy and Bess, the American Songbook and Joni Mitchell. She writes pleasing tunes with pointed lyrics. They’re sometimes jaunty, sometimes blue, and famously have a particular resonance for teenage girls and young women. She has said she sees herself primarily as a storyteller. They’re her stories and those of her audience—breakups, small triumphs, betrayals, mistakes. Her special bond with her audience is that for 17 years, more than a generation, they’ve been going through life together, experiencing it and talking it through. It’s a relationship.

Nine years ago, in an interview with CBS’s Gayle King, Ms. Swift cooly self-assessed. “My life doesn’t gravitate towards being edgy, sexy, or cool. I just naturally am not any of those things.” Pressed for what she is, she said: “I’m imaginative, I’m smart and I’m hardworking.” She was only 24 but all that seems perfectly correct. She’s focused, ambitious, loves to perform, loves to be cheered, loves to strut. Great careers are all effort. She works herself like a rented mule.

In the Atlantic magazine, the writer Spencer Kornhaber captured her opening show. Over more than three hours she played an amazing 44 songs in Glendale, Ariz. “Somehow seeing her up close made her seem more superhuman.” She has “the stamina of a ram.” She was fearless and inventive. “At one point she induced gasps by seeming to dive into the stage and then swim to the other side, as if it were a pond.”

Friends, this is some kind of epic American thing that is happening, something on the order of great tales and myths. Over the past few months as I’ve thought about and read of Ms. Swift my mind kept going back to phrases that are . . . absurd as comparisons. And yet. “When John Henry was a little baby . . . ” And a beautiful lyric I saw years ago that stayed with me. “Black-eyed peas asks cornbread/ ‘What makes you so strong?’/ Cornbread says, ‘I come from/ Where Joe Louis was born.’ ”

There is just something so mightily American in Taylor Swift’s great year.

Am I getting carried away? Oh yes, I am. And yet I think, isn’t it great that somebody’s shown such excellence you get carried away?

We end with her recent purported famous romance with football star Travis Kelce of the Kansas City Chiefs. Is it real, everyone asks. Who knows? Maybe they don’t know. I don’t understand the argument that they’ve come together for publicity. That’s the one thing she doesn’t need more of and could hardly get more of. As for Mr. Kelce, as J.R. Moehringer noted this week in the Journal, his mug is all over too. Whatever it is they owe no stranger an answer.

But here are reasons people would like it to be real. Because it makes life feel more magical—the prince meets the princess. Because it’s sweet. Because if it’s real then not everything is media management, which is the thing that deep down we always fear. Because it’s fun. Marilyn and Joltin’ Joe made America more fun, more a romantic place where anything can happen and glamour is real. Also if it’s real it adds to the sum total of love in the world, literally increases its quantity, and the love enters the air and the world breathes it in and, for a moment, becomes: better.

Onward to further greatness, Taylor Swift. Onward Travis Kelce. Win the Super Bowl this year, make an impossible catch, jump a man’s height to snatch the ball from the air with 10 seconds to go, score the winning touchdown, hold the ball up to your girl in the stands as the stadium roars and the confetti rains down.

Leave a 100 billion memories. Remind everyone: It’s good to be alive.

Because it is.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 24, 2023, 09:10:35 AM »
 :roll:

her early lyrics were allegedly the same as some that disappeared from our house.

yeah I know they show pics of her sitting in her bedroom and handwritten words on paper.
she allegedly memorized the lines or copied them took a photo and had a person their witness her write them down , take a picture and show the world.

sorry, she is sorrow to this household

lying B..h

oh she is so nice - "devastated" by a fan that died of heatstroke in Argentina........

entertainment knows how to play the fans....

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 24, 2023, 01:34:20 PM »
Her too?!?  Did not know!!!

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Time person of the year - who else
« Reply #224 on: December 06, 2023, 07:06:08 AM »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Person of the Year Taylor Swift without her writers
« Reply #225 on: December 10, 2023, 05:42:08 AM »
Inside story, our ccp and the mrs. share the Person of the Year award with the singer.  Without her writers she is a mere mortal millennial.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12836881/Taylor-Swift-baffles-fans-quote-horcruxes-infinity-stones-TIME-interview-named-person-year-metaphors-just-inexplicable.html

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 10, 2023, 06:58:51 AM »
 :-D  :-D  :-D

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 08, 2024, 07:54:56 AM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
did the beatles write their songs
« Reply #228 on: April 04, 2024, 01:18:13 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/the-monkees-davy-jones-called-the-beatles-the-1st-manufactured-group/ar-AA1dEzdt?ocid=msedgntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=95ad38c2916b4a7abfbb03450d9531c7&ei=8

OTOH
from my experience writing songs based on personal experience does NOT necessarily mean the claimed songwriter did in fact write the song.

I have seen them distributed to people based on what fits their profile.
Very clever and no one knows for the better.

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: did the beatles write their songs
« Reply #229 on: April 04, 2024, 03:03:06 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/the-monkees-davy-jones-called-the-beatles-the-1st-manufactured-group/ar-AA1dEzdt?ocid=msedgntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=95ad38c2916b4a7abfbb03450d9531c7&ei=8

OTOH
from my experience writing songs based on personal experience does NOT necessarily mean the claimed songwriter did in fact write the song.

I have seen them distributed to people based on what fits their profile.
Very clever and no one knows for the better.

I regularly get into trouble for claiming the Beatles killed rock ‘n roll, perhaps an exaggeration, but not much of one as I believe they exerted such an enormous force on the course of pop music in the late ‘60s and early ‘70s that they effectively bent all ensuing genre offerings towards the musical archetypes they established much as a celestial body bends space and time.

This sort of force does not emerge accidentally so I’m with Jones where the “manufactured” claim is concerned, particularly given all the solo treacle (Paul McCartney and Wings ditties makes me want to self-administer a lobotomy with a grapefruit spoon) emerging after they broke up. Indeed, after Lennon was shot my favorite joke was:

Q: What would it take to bring the Beatles back together?

A: Three more bullets.

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Chris Whitley
« Reply #230 on: April 04, 2024, 03:05:43 PM »
Speaking of music, here’s the best album you never heard of and one of my favorite artist, one that left us far too soon:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/living-with-the-law/157301322

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
My favorite electric guitarist
« Reply #231 on: April 05, 2024, 06:00:29 AM »
that never got much fanfare:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Buchanan

sad ending to apparently tortured musician but he leaves us with his creations

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: My favorite electric guitarist
« Reply #232 on: April 05, 2024, 08:17:43 AM »

Thanks for that. I knew of him, but have never done a deep dive into his work. Making up for that now….

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: My favorite electric guitarist
« Reply #233 on: April 05, 2024, 08:18:18 AM »

Thanks guys for the music referrals.

Ok, the guy can play:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMcjPZgK9GM

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 05, 2024, 08:50:12 AM »
Good choice
his Hey Joe rendition was unbelievable

I have seen this video but just noticed they are drinking beer!  :-o

One doesn't even mind he can't sing because the guitar work is so amazing one doesn't care.

The album version was great too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeJYRfG-qZU

an old Junior high school friend who played sax told me of him while we were (likely) doing marijuana 50 or so yrs ago.

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Johnny Thunders
« Reply #235 on: April 05, 2024, 09:32:11 AM »
ccp’s post re Buchanan got me thinking about other guitarists that aren’t regarded as well as the should be. I already posted about Chris Whitley, whose blend of blues, folk, alt rock, and subtle jazz sensibilities makes him a standout.

Another is Johnny Thunders. It’s easy to miss his prowess as his often punk, reductive, guitar work doesn’t scream “look at me, ma!” like wretched, showy guitarists such as Richie Blackmoor, Eddie Van Halen, and others that find the outside edge of their usually limited skill set, crank the amp up to “11,” and then proceed to publicly masturbate using their guitar as an inflatable doll proxy.

Next, I’ll tell you how I really feel about showy guitarists with limited skills….

Anyhoo, Thunders in not the antithesis of the sort of rock musicians I loathe, but rather turns cliches inside out and generally fucks with them, all while letting his understated guitar work shine through his music, rather than dominate it like the meatheads cited above do. Thunders is one of the few guitarists out there that, within the first few bars of a piece, is immediately recognizable, which is also the case where his vocals are concerned.

A lifelong junky, Thunders OD’d in a seedy motel, leaving little other than his body of work behind. You can find much of his work here:

https://music.apple.com/us/artist/johnny-thunders/3184311

A couple of my favorites:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/great-big-kiss/285601659?i=285601789

https://music.apple.com/us/album/you-cant-put-your-arms-around-a-memory/310650295?i=310650315

And hey, while gushing on about an artist, I should confess I initially didn’t have much for the first band most know Thunders from, the New York Dolls. In those days I was into power trios and blues roots stuff; glam rock was far from my cup of tea. Things change, though, and much like I came to embrace Bowie despite his glam strutting (though I still can’t abide China Girl and his pop Thin White Duke crap), the Dolls and their contribution to the early US punk and NY CBGB’s musical scene has grown on me in my dotage.

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Whitley Tunes on YouTube
« Reply #236 on: April 05, 2024, 10:01:29 AM »
A couple of my Chris Whitley favorites:

Suspect I used to date her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNtUvbtIwl0

“Scratching the wall with some old barbed wire,

Whatever it takes to make the dirt stick”

His lyrics often blow my mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErdyQDDK1M4

And perhaps the most wistful song ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcsbhTGa4AI

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 07, 2024, 03:51:48 PM »
excellent musician

the song he plays slide guitar reminds me a bit of Johnny Winter.

nice voice
lung cancer at 45 sad.

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 11, 2024, 01:50:03 PM »
excellent musician

the song he plays slide guitar reminds me a bit of Johnny Winter.

nice voice
lung cancer at 45 sad.

Indeed. I think Winter has a more balls to the wall style v. the subtleties Whitley embraces but, along with Duane Allman, they are some of the finest rock slide guitarists to be found.