Author Topic: Media, Ministry of Truth Issues  (Read 1032289 times)

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
CNN Biden Town Hall Ratings Flop
« Reply #3200 on: July 23, 2021, 09:34:51 AM »
Pretty high level guest, CNN had the President of the United States on for a Town Hall Meeting and did not beat the ratings of their arch competitor Fox:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-biden-town-hall-flops

Instapundit notes with some skepticism:  "MORE VOTES THAN ANY PRESIDENT IN HISTORY"

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media, Ministry of Truth Issues
« Reply #3203 on: July 29, 2021, 12:32:04 AM »
That article did not read very well to me.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: July 31, 2021, 06:24:40 PM »
I disagree with above article

I doubt Lindell was making money off the Fox adds anyone

for goodness sakes we have watched his commercials for what seems like forever
so many times does anyone really think there are new buyers for his pillows anymore

I think he was losing money and that this was excuse to pull the adds
who cares about HIS opinion anyway

there are other conservatives then Tucker Ingraham and Hannity
how about Bartilomo Hilton Levin Kilmeade Jeanine

BTW his pillow stinks
  I saw one at some local store and it is a piece of garbage no better than one at Walmart.

As for the election fraud
  still waiting for the evidence
  I don't doubt it of a second
  but without it we are still screaming into a wind about it

and with it the MSMDNCWOKELBTQNAACPCOPORATEDEMLAYWER crowd will be bashing the findings till the end of the human race anyway.

But at lease *we* will finally know the truth.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: July 31, 2021, 07:21:09 PM »
For me the relevant point here is that FOX refused to air his ad.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media, Ministry of Truth Issues, RCP on media
« Reply #3208 on: August 04, 2021, 12:22:58 PM »
Sincerest form of flattery, I noticed RealClearPolitics copied our format today with a "Media" sub-heading followed by two stories that show the Ministry of Truth phenomenon going on in the narrative agenda media.  Following that are 3 negative stories on the [Biden] economy.  Usually they follow an opinion story with an opinion form the other side. What is the other side of these?  We want coverups, and gas and house prices are unaffordable, real wages are going down, it's all good?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
realclearpoitics.com

Media & Politics

CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, Ignore House Republicans' Wuhan Lab Report

Report: NY Times Quashed Covid Origins Inquiry "in Early 2020"

U.S. Economy

"It Has Never Been Like This": House Price Spiral Worries U.S.

Fed's Waller Says September Taper Call May Be Warranted

Gas Prices On the Rise Again

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Links to media stories:

CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS IGNORE BOMBSHELL HOUSE REPUBLICAN WUHAN LAB REPORT
https://www.outkick.com/cnn-nbc-abc-cbs-ignore-bombshell-wuhan-lab-report/

New York Times quashed COVID origins inquiry
The Times, according to two well-placed sources, refused to investigate the biggest story of our time
https://spectatorworld.com/topic/new-york-times-quashed-covid-origins-inquiry/

« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 12:30:42 PM by DougMacG »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: August 04, 2021, 01:34:27 PM »
"For me the relevant point here is that FOX refused to air his ad."

I am not familiar with the ad

Something to do with this:???

https://rumble.com/vkpzw4-mike-lindell-we-have-everything.html

if this is it , why put in an "ad"

the Fox news conservatives will pick it up
if any truth behind it I would think..........

Murdock boys
   have at least not stopped  Shawn Laura Mark and Tucker from pointing out election irregularities
   though the daytime "news" hosts and not the opinion people probably have been

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Tucker: POTH on the Chi Com payroll.
« Reply #3210 on: August 04, 2021, 02:30:30 PM »
Tucker, Sean, and Laura have FOX's best ratings.

Here Tucker rapes Pravda on the Hudson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtOjn2g8Xkk

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: August 04, 2021, 03:48:54 PM »
I like his pillow. I avoid his tv ads by not watching anything but streaming services.

One of the few vocal HNWI guys on the right, I go out of my way to support him because he is vocal and will spend his money to support our causes.

I disagree with above article

I doubt Lindell was making money off the Fox adds anyone

for goodness sakes we have watched his commercials for what seems like forever
so many times does anyone really think there are new buyers for his pillows anymore

I think he was losing money and that this was excuse to pull the adds
who cares about HIS opinion anyway

there are other conservatives then Tucker Ingraham and Hannity
how about Bartilomo Hilton Levin Kilmeade Jeanine

BTW his pillow stinks
  I saw one at some local store and it is a piece of garbage no better than one at Walmart.

As for the election fraud
  still waiting for the evidence
  I don't doubt it of a second
  but without it we are still screaming into a wind about it

and with it the MSMDNCWOKELBTQNAACPCOPORATEDEMLAYWER crowd will be bashing the findings till the end of the human race anyway.

But at lease *we* will finally know the truth.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Dinesh defends Lindell
« Reply #3212 on: August 05, 2021, 05:05:43 AM »
https://conservativebrief.com/mike-lindell-the-atlantic-47306/?utm_source=CB&utm_medium=PP

I do like Dinesh a lot
Perhaps I should give Lindell more of a break

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: August 05, 2021, 08:20:54 AM »
 :-)

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
"report": some CNN staff ticked off @ Chris for giving his brother advice
« Reply #3214 on: August 11, 2021, 04:51:34 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/cnn-staffers-ticked-off-chris-081940251.html

question : does anyone really believe CNN staff jurnolisters do not talk strategy all the time with Democratic politicians?

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Media, Ministry of Truth, covering for Biden keeps getting harder
« Reply #3217 on: August 23, 2021, 07:09:29 AM »
Headline, NYT column today:
"Biden Did the Right Thing Badly in Afghanistan"
 Maureen Dowd, New York Times

Redefining rational thought.  How do you do the "right thing" badly.  All in all, he wasn't doing the right thing if you can analyze beyond a first grade level.  Did he get our equipment and technology out?  Did he get our people out safely?  Will gays, Christians be slaughtered?

We went 18 months without an American casualty.  Finally he got that stopped.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Leftist apologist spin
« Reply #3218 on: August 23, 2021, 10:00:30 AM »
"Biden Did the Right Thing Badly in Afghanistan"
 Maureen Dowd, New York Times

I noticed another Leftist twisting of the truth
being spouted about on MSLSD and CNN :

yes , it looks bad now but a yr from now we will be sooooo happy Joe had the courage to pull us out we will forget what is happening now.

Fareeeeed Zakaria fails to mention when the terrorist attacks begin we will be reminded all over again .............

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Media, Ministry of Truth, Jack Ma, SCMP
« Reply #3219 on: August 29, 2021, 08:54:25 PM »
What happened to the South China Morning Post? It went the way of The Drudge Report.  Under new management, suddenly the editorial slant has taken an about-face.  Hong Kong based SCMP, I thought, had a daring streak occasionally printing what the regime may not wish.  No more.

Also, Alibaba and SCMP owner Jack Ma, richest man in China, formerly, he disappeared for 3 months and came back reclusive and re-educated.

The regime of China is quite an evil and controlling force.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-16/jack-ma-s-scmp-joins-hong-kong-media-groups-facing-china-control

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media, Ministry of Truth Issues, NYT blames Trump
« Reply #3220 on: August 30, 2021, 05:28:39 AM »
Column headline yesterday:

How do you say, Chutzpah?

You have had to refrain from rigging the last election if you really wanted to know what Trump would do.  This one is on whoever calls the shots for Biden/Harris.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 05:34:14 AM by DougMacG »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: August 30, 2021, 05:35:19 AM »
"Column headline yesterday:

How do you say, Chutzpah?"

Doug,
Was this written by Mitt Romney?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: A very interesting point
« Reply #3223 on: September 03, 2021, 10:21:14 AM »
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2021/09/02/something-missing/

Something Missing
September 2, 2021 | Sundance | 366 Comments
Just a short note of something rather insignificant in the grand scheme of things….

We are told by the powers that be – that approximately 6,000 to 7,000 American citizens were rescued by daring efforts of the U.S. State Department and U.S. military in evacuations from Kabul airport.  Okay, fair enough… that’s a good outcome.  Happy to hear it; we can debate the other 116,000 at a later time.

However, it seems a little odd now that there’s no videos of the survivors of the Afghan crisis arriving at airports.   No crowds or families greeting the extracted American residents; no human interest stories and local broadcasted news coverage of relieved Americans, husbands, wives, daughters or sons arriving back in their hometown…. nothing.

Six to seven thousand Americans saved from the clutches of the Taliban, and not a single story of those Americans arriving home to the waiting arms of their loving family.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: September 04, 2021, 06:33:55 AM »
Mainstream Media Outlets Ignore Report on Biden’s Compromising Call with Afghan President.

Except for a few mainstream media outlets, including USA Today and The Washington Post, there has been no reporting on the story from publications like The New York Times.

Additionally, the major networks – CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS and ABC – appear to have completely ignored it, according to a review of transcripts on media monitoring service TVEyes. Fox News media reporter and Mediaite alum Joseph Wulfsohn first brought this to light on Thursday, citing transcripts, in what he called “a media blackout in the bombshell report.”

https://www.mediaite.com/opinion/mainstream-media-outlets-ignore-report-on-bidens-compromising-call-with-afghan-president/
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 06:45:06 AM by DougMacG »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Media, Peggy Noonan is (at least) 12 years past her sell by date
« Reply #3227 on: September 07, 2021, 07:51:26 AM »
She's 71 but this is not about age.  It's about being wrong.  If liberals want her, they can have her, but anyone who supported Obama, Biden AND Harris is not an ally or thought leader of mine.  She did great work somewhere in the 1980s and was a Clinton skeptic in the 90s.  So what.  She doesn't belong as a regular columnist on the opinion pages of the WSJ unless the other side wants her to express the opposing view.  Otherwise she is wasting valuable real estate.

See Scott Johnson at Powerline:
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/09/high-noonan-3.php

Coming into the 2008 election Noonan wrote about Obama:

"He has within him the possibility to change the direction and tone of American foreign policy, which need changing; his rise will serve as a practical rebuke to the past five years, which need rebuking; his victory would provide a fresh start in a nation in which a fresh start would come as a national relief. He climbed steep stairs, born off the continent with no father to guide, a dreamy, abandoning mother, mixed race, no connections. He rose with guts and gifts. He is steady, calm, and, in terms of the execution of his political ascent, still the primary and almost only area in which his executive abilities can be discerned, he shows good judgment in terms of whom to hire and consult, what steps to take and moves to make. We witnessed from him this year something unique in American politics: He took down a political machine without raising his voice."

About Kamala Harris she wrote: “The Rise of Kamala Harris.” Subhead: “The daughter of East Bay professors grew up to become an excellent performer of politics.”

Mark Pulliam:
 Thin gruel from Peggy Noonan. If Kamala Harris is so smart, why did the daughter of a Stanford professor, whose parents both got graduate degrees at UC Berkeley, end up at Howard? Hastings is a second-tier law school, well below Stanford, Berkeley, UCLA, and even USC. Failing the bar exam shows a lack of smarts. No mention of Willie Brown? Sugar coating her controversial tenure in California? WSJ readers interested in “the rest of the story” should check out my profile of Harris [“The next Obama”] in the Winter 2016 issue of City Journal.
https://www.city-journal.org/html/next-obama-14181.html

Elise Nappi:
This reads like a press release written by someone who has never worked for Harris, since rumor has it she doesn’t have too many fans among her underlings, but by a sycophant. To say that Harris “didn’t do well” in the primary is being overly kind. When she exited, she was polling at 2% nationally and 7% in her home state. “An excellent performer of politics”? Are you kidding me? Is that what she was doing when she viciously attacked Justice Kavanaugh during his Senate Confirmation hearings? Peggy Noonan has lost all credibility with this ridiculous piece.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 07:54:07 AM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: September 07, 2021, 04:52:19 PM »
Her bio of Reagan "When Character was King" was superb.

But to the comments above I can only say "Amen."

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: September 08, 2021, 07:53:29 AM »
Her bio of Reagan "When Character was King" was superb.

But to the comments above I can only say "Amen."

Doug nailed it.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Not Newsworthy for some reason...
« Reply #3230 on: September 09, 2021, 12:20:40 PM »
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/395529.php

Professional, unbiased journalists we should totally trust!

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
The cone of silence
« Reply #3232 on: September 11, 2021, 05:47:40 AM »
https://chicagoboyz.net/archives/66610.html

C'mon man, that was like four or five days ago!

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
WT: Lindell vs. FOX
« Reply #3235 on: October 04, 2021, 05:43:40 AM »
Lindell returns MyPillow ads to Fox News, but alliance is over

BY JOSEPH CLARK THE WASHINGTON TIMES

MyPillow ads returned to Fox News last week but CEO Mike Lindell says the relationship is still on the rocks.

Mr. Lindell pulled all advertising from Fox in July after he said the network refused to run ads promoting his online platform and his three-day cyber symposium on 2020 presidential election fraud.

“I still think Fox has done more damage to our country than all other media outlets combined,” Mr. Lindell told The Washington Times on Friday. “It’s the same relationship. I think they’re horrible.”

Mr. Lindell’s high-profile dustup with Fox News peaked in July, when he pulled all MyPillow ads, which was once one of his company’s biggest promoters.

The move cost MyPillow $1 million per week in revenue.

Mr. Lindell’s symposium in South Dakota was supposed to unveil evidence that a Chinesebased hack of the election helped President Biden defeat former President Donald Trump.

He claimed to have 37 terabytes of “irrefutable” evidence that hackers, who he said were backed by China, broke into election systems and switched votes in favor of Mr. Biden, which he planned to present at the event.

Mr. Lindell launched into several tirades against Fox News during the event in August, claiming the network refused to cover claims that the election was hacked.

“Shame on you, Fox,” Mr. Lindell said to cheers from the crowd during his opening remarks at the symposium. “Disgusting that they haven’t talked about this election. At least we know where CNN and all these terrible outlets come from. At least they attacked, and then we can at least get the word out.”

Mr. Lindell concluded his symposium without presenting specifi c evidence that China hacked the election. The event reached an estimated audience of 40 million online viewers and roughly 500 in-person attendees including Republican state and municipal lawmakers.

Mr. Lindell said Fox continues to reject any ads that promote his online platform, FrankSpeech.com, on which Mr. Lindell livestreamed the full duration of the symposium. The site also hosts several documentaries that claim the 2020 election was defrauded, and streams “Lindell TV,” a nightly broadcast that often focuses on election fraud claims.

Mr. Lindell said after he pulled his ads from Fox in July, he approached the network on multiple occasions with ads for Frank-Speech.com that were rejected.

“And the third one, they said, ‘We don’t like what your content is that Frank Speech,’” Mr. Lindell said. “So then I did a fourth ad and directed into MyPillow. And then they said I couldn’t use the word ‘frank’ or ‘frank speech’ in the ad.”

Mr. Lindell said Fox continues to refuse any ads for FrankSpeech. com or any ads that mention his online platform or the word “frank.”

“It’s disgusting what they’ve done,” he said.

In response to inquiries by The Times, Fox News pointed to a previous article in The Daily Beast where Fox confirmed that they had rejected multiple ads they received from Mr. Lindell but denied Mr. Lindell’s “characterization of the conversation.”

Mr. Lindell said his goal in returning to Fox was to continue to get the word out about the 2020 election, which he continues to claim was tainted by fraud. He said his ads that run on Fox direct viewers to the MyPillow website, which directs visitors to Frank-Speech.com.

“The ad I ran last night, it directs them to MyPillow.com selling patriotic products and Bible pillows, and then from there, I get them to FrankSpeech,” he said. “This is all about trying to get our country, trying to get awareness out.”

Despite the August symposium failing to provide proof of a Chinese hack, Mr. Lindell remains on his crusade to prove the election was stolen.

His mission also continues to cost Mr. Lindell dearly both financially and in terms of reputation.

In February, the voting machine company Dominion sued Mr. Lindell and MyPillow for $1.3 billion in damages for defamation based on his allegations the election was rigged. In June, Mr. Lindell filed a $1.6 billion countersuit citing the First Amendment and claiming that Dominion had infringed on his right to free speech.

He remains undeterred.

Mr. Lindell is backing a class action case against Dominion Voting Systems alleging the voting machine manufacturer has violated the First Amendment rights of “ordinary Americans” who “participate in the public debate regarding election integrity and security,” by waging “lawsuit warfare” against those who speak out. The suit was filed Wednesday in the U.S. District Court in Colorado.

He said he has little hope for repairing his relationship with Fox News.

“I think all the hosts that are on Fox have turned their back on the country,” he said.

“It’s the same relationship. I think they’re horrible,” MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell said about his relationship with Fox News. ASSOCIATED PRESS

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Lindell on Fox - redux
« Reply #3236 on: October 04, 2021, 07:14:05 AM »
 :roll:

I don't know which is more silly

him

balance of nature

or Huckabee demeaning himself for a buck hawking some nonsense sleep aid

all a joke

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media, Trump wants Pulitzer revoked
« Reply #3237 on: October 04, 2021, 08:32:58 AM »
From above:  Lindell, Lin Wood, others have become a waste of time.  Be careful who we follow.  Reflects on us.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trump wants Pulitzer revoked.

He is right on this. The whole thing was bullshit.  How come Trump needs to point this out.  Don't Pulitzer, NYT and Wash Post have their own quality control departments?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-demands-for-the-revocation-of-the-2018-pulitzer-prize

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Let's go Brandon!
« Reply #3238 on: October 04, 2021, 11:05:48 AM »
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/395860.php

Nationwide support for Brandon!

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3240 on: October 06, 2021, 09:01:30 AM »
VDH on Tucker

well I can see why he would not answer my email to him
though he may have more important things to do.  :-o

basically Nat Review and G Will and the rest are stuffy elites who like leftish elites know better than the rest and what is best for us

VDH gets it
the elites left and right don't really care

I am going to buy his book

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media, Ministry of Truth Issues, NYT corrects
« Reply #3241 on: October 11, 2021, 06:13:11 AM »
"An earlier version of this article" , the one people read as "news" and "facts" when it came out, was wrong, wrong, wrong, not even close.

Other than that, how was the reporting?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 06:54:10 AM by DougMacG »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Washington Post - another big lying shill for the Democrat Party
« Reply #3242 on: October 11, 2021, 07:11:04 AM »
Doug ,

Another leading propagandist for the Democrat Party the WP
lies about cause of rising oil prices:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/energy-crisis-gripping-world-potentially-120310123.html

reasons given:

"The economic recovery from the pandemic recession lies behind the crisis, coming after a year of retrenchment in coal, oil and gas extraction. Other factors include an unusually cold winter in Europe that drained reserves, a series of hurricanes that forced shutdowns of Gulf oil refineries, a turn for the worse in relations between China and Australia that led Beijing to stop importing coal from Down Under, and a protracted calm spell over the North Sea that has sharply curtailed the output of electricity-generating wind turbines."

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
"we need to have a conversation"
« Reply #3243 on: October 12, 2021, 08:38:33 AM »
this is the latest new phrase craze:

"we need to have a conversation ......"

Does anyone else find this annoying

we have already chosen sides till we have turned blue in the face and some pundit on cable will
make a proclamation that we need " a conversation "
as though that is so enlightened or has any chance of being helpful

all this means to me is we "need to compromise"
which is exactly what we don't need

for example:

"we need to have a conversation on immigration reform"

My view:

No we don't .  We need to enforce law , close the borders
and send those who are here illegally back to where they come from and prevent them from trying to vote or run around collecting mail in ballots for their own benefit.

what else is there to talk about or converse?

« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 08:41:13 AM by ccp »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: "we need to have a conversation"
« Reply #3244 on: October 12, 2021, 09:44:54 AM »
Annoying because it means exactly the opposite of its literal meaning, like everything else Leftist.

"Conversation" means we talk, you listen.  Your view will be deemed ________ (racist, sexist, anti-science, etc) and will no longer be allowed to be spoken, written, heard, read or repeated.

A real conversation in politics would be something like a Lincoln Douglas debate series with the best minds on both sides allowed to explain their views on issues and be heard.  That's not what the Left means by "let's have a conversation".

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: "we need to have a conversation"
« Reply #3245 on: October 12, 2021, 10:59:42 AM »
Annoying because it means exactly the opposite of its literal meaning, like everything else Leftist.

"Conversation" means we talk, you listen.  Your view will be deemed ________ (racist, sexist, anti-science, etc) and will no longer be allowed to be spoken, written, heard, read or repeated.

A real conversation in politics would be something like a Lincoln Douglas debate series with the best minds on both sides allowed to explain their views on issues and be heard.  That's not what the Left means by "let's have a conversation".

Exactly.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Brian Stelter, CNN, why isn't there a NYT on the right?
« Reply #3246 on: October 14, 2021, 05:18:54 AM »
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/10/11/cnns_brian_stelter_why_isnt_there_a_new_york_times_of_the_right.html
----------------------
A not-unbiased look at the situation. Still he swerves into some truths. The central truth is admission all the main media are on the Left and that half the country (more than half) hates that.

Fact is that the main reporting is all left slanted and conservative media, even here, is limited to rebutting their errors and filling in their omissions. In that game, they are always on offense and we are always on defense.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 05:42:04 AM by DougMacG »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Joe Rogan hammers Dr. Sanjay Gupta
« Reply #3247 on: October 14, 2021, 09:17:13 AM »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Rogan hammers Dr. Sanjay Gupta
« Reply #3248 on: October 14, 2021, 05:29:19 PM »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Remember when the left pretended to care about rape?
« Reply #3249 on: October 15, 2021, 11:38:01 AM »
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/396025.php

Professional journalists have decided this is not newsworthy.