Author Topic: The Way Forward for the American Creed  (Read 357649 times)

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: God help us!
« Reply #1100 on: November 20, 2023, 06:47:55 AM »
"God help us, for God is the only one who can."

Great post!

I would add, God help us to help ourselves.

We "leave it in the hands of God" - only after we have all done everything humanly possible to fix it ourselves, to reverse the course we are on.

When Eastern Europe was in full oppression, I cringed when I saw Church leaders in Poland help bring comfort to the people in their oppression, rather than help lead and organize the overthrow of the regime.  Later it became clear they were instrumental in the overthrow and I stand corrected.

Today again it appears (from where I sit) the Church mainly stands with the oppressors. Meanwhile the church of anti-Judeo-Christianity is deeply in bed with the state and the state schools raising our young.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The Way Forward for the American Creed
« Reply #1101 on: November 20, 2023, 07:09:58 AM »
" Today again it appears (from where I sit) the Church mainly stands with the oppressors. Meanwhile the church of anti-Judeo-Christianity is deeply in bed with the state and the state schools raising our young."

The Church like the DNC both see mass immigration as a means to increase their members.

Most are Latinos and most are Christians.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
We Need a Plan of Action
« Reply #1103 on: December 10, 2023, 05:09:32 AM »
"the world of higher education has become an enemy of truth, justice, and the American way. The saturation of the institution of higher education by the ideology of DEI is the capstone of the process.  But the same applies to just about every other major institution in American life — the national security establishment, the military, corporate America, the press, the media at large, and public education from kindergarten on. If there is an exception, it doesn’t come to mind offhand."

"We need a plan of action like the one that won the Cold War, which we actually seem to have lost on the home front."

- Scott Johnson, Powerline
  https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2023/12/her-name-was-magill.php

« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 05:39:23 AM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: December 10, 2023, 05:42:03 AM »
Important to articulate that point!

Tis a small thing, but on my FB page (approx 1900 following) I regularly post pithy quotes from our Founding Fathers, as well as links for pieces of American history, stories of American heroism, etc.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: December 10, 2023, 07:21:43 AM »
agree

We don't celebrate George Washington because he owned slaves , which everyone knew since he became public historical figure.  We celebrate him because of his massive courageous contributions towards the establishment of America.

We don't celebrate Martin Luther King because he cheated on his wife, consorted with prostitutes or was found to be laughing witnessing a woman being raped, or because he plagiarized other people's lines for his speeches.

We didn't erect statues and call a street MLK Boulevard in every inner city in the nation for these reasons.
We celebrate his contribution to racial equality in the US peacefully.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: December 10, 2023, 07:32:03 AM »
Point well made, and the MLK example is particularly useful for purposes of rhetorical pugilism.

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
The End Times Upon the US? Many Say Yes
« Reply #1107 on: January 28, 2024, 09:46:54 AM »
Another one that defies categorization as I couldn’t find a polling thread. Poll finds many Americans believe the end of the world is upon us, with religious folks and Republicans more likely to believe it than the left side of the aisle.

One of the (perhaps unintended) consequences of ongoing “climate crisis,” Covid, and other politicized doomsaying is a swath of populations expecting the end to be nigh. For the young in particular I believe this incessant thrum of doom meant to serve political ends is a gross disservice:

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2022/12/08/about-four-in-ten-u-s-adults-believe-humanity-is-living-in-the-end-times/

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: March 16, 2024, 01:16:42 PM »
Our American Creed is in grave danger.

I'm in the middle of listening to something

and would like to take a moment to jot down something that was said for deeper rumination:

a) Lies spread faster than Truth

b) Democracy cannot survive based upon Misinformation and Lies

Seems to me there are some deep implications here.

c) The theoretical super power of democracy is that we can listen to all sides and sort it out while authoritarian societies cannot.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 01:28:12 PM by Crafty_Dog »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: March 17, 2024, 07:06:20 AM »
Our American Creed is in grave danger.

I'm in the middle of listening to something

and would like to take a moment to jot down something that was said for deeper rumination:

a) Lies spread faster than Truth

b) Democracy cannot survive based upon Misinformation and Lies

Seems to me there are some deep implications here.

c) The theoretical super power of democracy is that we can listen to all sides and sort it out while authoritarian societies cannot.

Good points. I would add from where I sit,

1) There seems to be a demand for lies, misinformation, deception, "spin" (on the Left) to promote or back up views that fail without that.
Example, they wanted, needed a distinction between Trump and Biden on classified documents. Trump tried to cover it up, Biden didn't so it's not two systems of justice.  But so did Hillary.  Bleach Bit.  No prosecution.

2) I would add projection as an important tactic in deception.  We cover up our deception by accusing you of it.

3) Also 'missing information' is a big part of misinformation.  So many examples.  Not one Democrat reading the NYT everyday would know that revenues grew when marginal tax rates were cut.  Do they know social spending perpetuates poverty?  60 years to study it and still no clue?  Not one story.  Do they know we spend 40% more than we take in, while they propose to worsen that?  Do they know the earth has only warmed by one degree in 100 years?  In the scientific scale of degrees Kelvin, that is a 1/287 (0.0035) movement.  Hunter's laptop?  The checks Joe received?  Do they really not know about rape and human trafficking at the cartel controlled border?  Two million rapes not mentioned in the SOTU, and then mocked in the response.  And on and on. 

“Journalism is about covering important stories. With a pillow, until they stop moving.”
― David Burge
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 08:38:58 AM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 17, 2024, 01:50:01 PM »
Good points adding to the analytical framework.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Observation
« Reply #1112 on: March 20, 2024, 03:00:05 PM »
Recent years are but a continuation of the foundation laid in his first two terms by our current true president-- all that matters is getting across the finish line of Complete Power Always.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
The Way Forward, Example of getting a message out
« Reply #1113 on: March 26, 2024, 08:46:54 AM »
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2024/03/25/voter_i_am_leaving_the_democratic_party_over_healthcare_everything_they_said_was_not_true.html

9.5 minute video, zero expense, powerful persuasive message. Nothing fancy. I can put this under healthcare politics but we've already covered the points there. The real question is how do we reach more people and not just preach to our choir.

This guy told his story, detailed and meaningful, heartfelt and real life.  Not propaganda or repeating talking points. And if it is, it's really brilliant.

He made a self video, put it on Twitter, and somehow got it linked with the main columnist of real clear politics this morning.

The Forum here is an amazing resource. We have millions of page views, but don't know if that's just the government surveilling us. We follow the day to day. We follow the nation and the world and history and explore the most difficult topics, but when do we try to summarize what is most important of what we have learned and share it to a wider audience?

We have national elections decided by 40,000 votes?  What if you (or I) had nine and a half minutes to talk to a million undecided voters between now and the election, what would you want to tell them?

Young people watch video-based media and this guy is clearly trying to reach young people with what he has learned, in quite a non-threatening, non-imposing sort of way.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 26, 2024, 02:32:44 PM »
A powerful point Doug.

I am germinating some ideas in this respect, , ,