Author Topic: Epidemics: Bird Flu, TB, AIDs, Superbugs, Ebola, etc  (Read 255779 times)

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Zero credibility, Biden edition
« Reply #951 on: March 29, 2021, 04:53:01 PM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
George Friedman on Masks and VAccinations
« Reply #952 on: April 02, 2021, 08:22:46 AM »
April 2, 2021
View On Website
Open as PDF

The Problem With Face Masks and Vaccinations
Thoughts in and around geopolitics.
By: George Friedman
On Thursday, my wife and I got our second COVID-19 vaccination. I would like to go to a bar, strike up a conversation with a stranger, and share some lies with him. I assume this isn’t going to happen. The vaccine is incredibly successful, we’re told, which I would expect given the amount of money spent by my government in developing it. But my government is telling me that in spite of the vaccine nothing will change. I must maintain social distance, wear a face mask and so on. The vaccine’s creators say it’s unclear if the virus can still infect someone. That would seem pretty easy to find out: I could breathe on a healthy young doctor and see if he gets sick. I’m obviously missing something. It’s got to be possible to figure out if I’m still infectious. I would have thought they would have checked this out on a gerbil or a lab rat. More seriously, though, the continuous usage of masks can have unintended consequences.

As I’ve noted before, face masks and social distancing were the only solutions the medical community could devise when COVID-19 first struck with all its fury. It continues to be a favored adjunct to vaccination. It is often said that wearing a mask and maintaining distance is a trivial burden to pay for safety. But I take issue with that argument. When human beings meet for the first time, they tend to face each other when they speak. Hell, so do people who have known each other for a while. Talking is far more complex than merely hearing words. Humans communicate much with facial expressions. Take the statement: “George, you wrote a great book.” (This is something I can’t hear often enough.) That statement can mean many things. It might be meant sarcastically, with a curl of the lip. It might be genuine praise, with the mouth framed in a respectful fashion. Or it might be a comment by someone who never read the book who wants something from me, with the smile framed in an obsequious manner.

Humans use the face to identify threats; criminals wear masks as much to hide their intentions as they do to conceal their identities. Someone enraged at you or planning to harm you looks a certain way, someone delighted to see you another. It is not only the mouth that speaks to you. The muscles in the face can reveal tension or pleasure. The nose moves. The eyes reveal much. Facial expressions are much harder to interpret behind a mask. If you are very bored, ask your spouse to put on a mask and interpret their true feelings by the eyes alone. It can be done, but without context the probability of being wrong soars. The mouth, nose and lower half of the face are the checksums on what is said, and the mask impedes that greatly.

Consider this. I spent most of my high school career trying to kiss girls – admittedly with minimal success. My failure drove home the importance of kissing as part of the process of coming to terms with the fact that there are boys and girls and that from the first kiss you will be living with that awareness as it teaches you to deal with lust and its relationship to love, one of the most important passages of the human soul. How do you do that with a mask on?

Consider social distancing. It makes impossible the fights boys must have to learn how to settle matters later without fights. I recall girls putting their heads together and giggling. I was never sure about what, but the old rule is: If you can’t spot the jerk at the poker table, it’s probably you.

You can text or phone, but the ability to see those you speak to, or stand close to a stranger you just met, is indispensable to being human. So by definition, masks and distancing disrupt the process of being human. Ironically, if someone is speaking with a well-made mask, they are frequently incomprehensible unless you are a lot closer than six feet apart. The mask and social distancing tend to be mutually destructive.

Now, if these measures are the only ways to avoid mass death, then obviously they are necessary. But the assertion that these measures protect without cost is untrue. On multiple levels they impose costs that we may not yet understand. Learning how to play as a child, exploring the limits of tactile interaction, is essential to adulthood. My argument is not against these measures, if they are truly vital, but the cost-benefit must be addressed, and if the measures involve real costs, they should be imposed cautiously. Finding out if the vaccine makes me not infectious must be figured out quickly, as I fear the costs of a year of massive social and economic disruption are mounting. If the mask is essential to prevent another surge, so be it. But do not treat social distancing and masking as a trivial matter.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 07:03:22 PM by G M »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Michael Yon on the coming pandemics
« Reply #955 on: April 08, 2021, 08:33:04 AM »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Michael Yon: Slow Down!
« Reply #957 on: April 12, 2021, 01:47:21 PM »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Yon: Slow Down!
« Reply #958 on: April 12, 2021, 02:16:29 PM »
https://www.patreon.com/posts/49923752

He makes good points, but it doesn't seem as rushed now that the vaccines have been out for maybe 6 months.  No long term studies on the effects - seems to be the last objection.  It's true, but that is true the first few decades of anything, and would be true if the FDA took a few years to get this through.

The vaccine, if bad for you, is not as bad as the real covid (in my view) which is said to have long term effect on organs.  We will see.

Let's take a poll here on getting the vaccine.  I plan to get it.  Thinking I will get Pfizer.  I thought I wouldn't rush to the front of the line, that I would be eligible at least by my birthday.  Now it's widely available and  I'm still trying to let all the people who are in a bigger hurry go first.  I don't like shots but if forced into a yes or no, I plan to say yes. If the effectiveness turns out to be short-lived, I am less persuaded.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 02:29:40 PM by DougMacG »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 12, 2021, 03:12:56 PM »
Not getting it unless/until it's proven safe.

He makes good points, but it doesn't seem as rushed now that the vaccines have been out for maybe 6 months.  No long term studies on the effects - seems to be the last objection.  It's true, but that is true the first few decades of anything, and would be true if the FDA took a few years to get this through.

The vaccine, if bad for you, is not as bad as the real covid (in my view) which is said to have long term effect on organs.  We will see.

Let's take a poll here on getting the vaccine.  I plan to get it.  Thinking I will get Pfizer.  I thought I wouldn't rush to the front of the line, that I would be eligible at least by my birthday.  Now it's widely available and  I'm still trying to let all the people who are in a bigger hurry go first.  I don't like shots but if forced into a yes or no, I plan to say yes. If the effectiveness turns out to be short-lived, I am less persuaded.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Epidemics: Bird Flu, TB, AIDs, Superbugs, Ebola, etc
« Reply #960 on: April 12, 2021, 03:28:51 PM »
just get scheduled for Thursday to get numero uno

happened to stop by my old work office to pick up a report
and they asked if I get it

"Why didn't you call
  we can get it for you  at the local hospital"

so  I signed up

if you don't see my post for  a while you will know why .......

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: April 12, 2021, 03:36:17 PM »
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/man-74-gets-rare-severe-rash-all-over-body-and-says-his-skin-peeled-off-after-johnson-johnson-vaccine/news-story/d24c4a8fb02d91dcac92f596cd2668f1

just get scheduled for Thursday to get numero uno

happened to stop by my old work office to pick up a report
and they asked if I get it

"Why didn't you call
  we can get it for you  at the local hospital"

so  I signed up

if you don't see my post for  a while you will know why .......

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: April 13, 2021, 02:46:34 PM »

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/catholic-leaders-warn-that-johnson-johnson-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccines-are-made-from-the-tissue-of-dead-mutilated-fetuses/

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Richard Fleming
« Reply #965 on: April 14, 2021, 06:34:48 AM »
populist press
   which is over the top publication IMHO

https://populist.press/expert-cardiologist-warns-covid-vaccines-could-cause-mad-cow-disease/

but before we all get terrified read this next:

https://retractionwatch.com/2018/11/13/a-convicted-felon-writes-a-paper-on-hotly-debated-diets-what-could-go-wrong/

I am not sure how he makes the claim that there is no benefit to the vaccine ;
there is a lot of documented measurable  benefit

as to long term side effects
yes we don't know but to claim a vaccine would cause mad cow which is a prion disease is really

not supported by anything

pop press does not. help our cause putting this on top of their page

« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 07:59:56 AM by ccp »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Masks are beyond useless
« Reply #969 on: April 21, 2021, 07:16:37 AM »
https://behindtheblack.com/behind-the-black/essays-and-commentaries/mask-madness-even-as-scientists-confirm-once-again-their-uselessness/

Harmful.

Especially harmful in situations where there is truly no reason for them to be worn. 

We have been required to wear masks for indoor tennis this winter, because the Governor cannot make a distinction between a sport that has 2 or 4 players at an average distance of 30 to 80 feet apart sharing 300,000 cubic feet and a sweaty YMCA gym or a full airline cabin.  How close would you stand to return a 90-100 mph serve?  We have joked in doubles that if you are standing within 6 feet of your partner for 20 minutes continuously as you together defend an area of 1400 square feet of court on your side of the net, large enough to build a house on, you're probably not winning.

Compounding the not funny silliness is that we are talking at this point about 4 people who are either vaccinated or have chosen not to be.

People play tennis well into their 80s, enjoying the health benefit of a great sport until their hearts or joints can't take it.  Even more so with all the replacement hips, knees and shoulders going around. Exertion can reveal a heart issue at any age.  At some point, someone is going to have a cardio incident on the court, and the useless, harmful, asphyxiating ("I can't breathe") mask mandate is going to be found to be a contributing factor.  Same goes for all kinds of other activities.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: April 21, 2021, 01:56:55 PM »
South America’s Response to the P1 COVID-19 Threat
To contain the fast-spreading P1 variant of COVID-19, South American countries with politically secure governments like Chile and Uruguay will likely impose stricter lockdowns but experience faster economic rebounds, while countries with upcoming elections like Brazil and Argentina enforce softer restrictions but struggle to fully restart their economies amid ongoing outbreaks. In December 2020, the P1 variant was detected in the Brazilian city of Manaus and eventually spread across the country. The variant now accounts for half of new COVID-19 cases in Brazil. Brazil has subsequently experienced over 3,000 deaths a day for several weeks and is on track to see 100,000 deaths from COVID-19 in April. While the variant has primarily affected Brazil, it has been detected in 15 countries across Latin America, including Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Uruguay.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Why I am not getting vaccinated
« Reply #972 on: April 23, 2021, 05:39:59 AM »
https://amgreatness.com/2021/04/22/why-im-not-getting-the-vaccine/

He's not getting any of the vaccines for a year because he's young and there are no long term studies but doesn't state his age or what will be different in a year. Staying home if you feel ill hasn't stopped the spread.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
FWIW
« Reply #973 on: April 23, 2021, 06:32:22 AM »
I applied for vaccine at NJ vaccine site

and clearly qualified as health care provider from day one

it took a month to get notified of locations to get the shots
everywhere else I called did not answer the phone or directed me to a worthless voicemail

then I happened to go back to my former group's office for another reason
    and was told they could get me the vaccine at one of the hospitals I used to go to
     I went there got the first injection was told they are not busy and at times quite slow

no one knows they are giving out the vaccines  it appears except through word of mouth
I was lucky with first shot - no side effects at all

though of course I could be in for a rude awakening the second time around in 3 weeks

I have dealt with many calls from patients with real but not life threatening side effects
one woman had fever to 102-103 with severe headache muscle aches and fatigue - exclaimed to me there is no way in hell she is getting second shot

though she may not have reaction with second one

Overall I always recommend they get vaccine but only as. recommendation
and not in pushy way and do not argue if they tell me they will not get it or are still thinking about it.

yes
quarantines have not stopped the spread very well

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: FWIW
« Reply #974 on: April 23, 2021, 08:29:14 AM »
Wasn't it 15 years before medical science figured out the problems with DES?

I applied for vaccine at NJ vaccine site

and clearly qualified as health care provider from day one

it took a month to get notified of locations to get the shots
everywhere else I called did not answer the phone or directed me to a worthless voicemail

then I happened to go back to my former group's office for another reason
    and was told they could get me the vaccine at one of the hospitals I used to go to
     I went there got the first injection was told they are not busy and at times quite slow

no one knows they are giving out the vaccines  it appears except through word of mouth
I was lucky with first shot - no side effects at all

though of course I could be in for a rude awakening the second time around in 3 weeks

I have dealt with many calls from patients with real but not life threatening side effects
one woman had fever to 102-103 with severe headache muscle aches and fatigue - exclaimed to me there is no way in hell she is getting second shot

though she may not have reaction with second one

Overall I always recommend they get vaccine but only as. recommendation
and not in pushy way and do not argue if they tell me they will not get it or are still thinking about it.

yes
quarantines have not stopped the spread very well

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #975 on: April 23, 2021, 09:40:41 AM »
quote author=G M
"Wasn't it 15 years before medical science figured out the problems with DES?"
---------------------

To be fair, it is not only the long term effects of the vaccine that can't be fully known right now.  The full extent of the long term damage on the organs and body of declining the vaccine and getting the virus are also not known.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 23, 2021, 09:44:22 AM »
I am bravely volunteering to be the control group on this human testing program.

quote author=G M
"Wasn't it 15 years before medical science figured out the problems with DES?"
---------------------

To be fair, it is not only the long term effects of the vaccine that can't be fully known right now.  The full extent of the long term damage on the organs and body of declining the vaccine and getting the virus are also not known.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 23, 2021, 09:53:45 AM »
 :-)

Yes and you are younger than me and some others.

I am delaying and procrastinating...

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 23, 2021, 09:57:16 AM »
:-)

Yes and you are younger than me and some others.

I am delaying and procrastinating...

Would you get on a plane that wasn't even a blueprint this time last year?

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Covid era, overall death rate now declining
« Reply #979 on: April 23, 2021, 10:01:57 AM »
If Covid in its first year killed off people a little too soon that were vulnerable to die from the next nasty bug they faced, like flu, pneumonia etc, then we might expect the overall death rate to fall in the immediately following years, and it is:

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/04/covid-is-now-saving-lives.php

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
experts wrong
« Reply #980 on: April 23, 2021, 02:50:59 PM »
flu season did not make corona epidemic worse

indeed we had virtually no flu this season
yet as alway , experts find reason to worry

https://www.yahoo.com/news/flu-vanished-during-covid-return-184431295.html

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
more manipulation of statistics mumbo jumbo
« Reply #981 on: April 24, 2021, 10:53:23 AM »
for political purposes:

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/deaths-excess-covid-record/2021/04/23/id/1018815/

If I recall ~ 650,000 died in 1918 flu with the US population around 110,000,000 ( easily 1/3 the size)

If I recall ~ 750,000 estimated (now) died in Civil War when US population North + South = 33,000,000.
 Even if one takes into account it was over close to 4 yrs
  this would still be more

Somehow they come up with per capita deaths
 What the hell is that -
  well it is some way they could come up with numbers to make the corona epidemic #1.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
6 ft rule debunked ? but masking good ?
« Reply #983 on: April 26, 2021, 02:39:50 PM »
did not we recently hear that masks don't help

now they do if in closed room :

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/iran-foreign-minister-john-kerry-javad-zarif-israel

This is why reading medical studies is a pain in the ass
At the end of nearly every one
the conclusion includes :

more study is needed

I almost think it is on purpose just to get more money for more studies
to start the circle all over again

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Time to unmask
« Reply #987 on: April 27, 2021, 02:43:46 AM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 27, 2021, 08:59:55 AM »
Have seen patients or their loved ones who have prolonged cognitive defects after having corona

it would be too soon to say from vaccine
that said I am getting second on in 2 wks

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: April 27, 2021, 09:21:32 AM »
"Have seen patients or their loved ones who have prolonged cognitive defects after having corona"

- I would like to hear more on this.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: CDC grants permission to take mask off outside - if fully vaccinated
« Reply #992 on: April 27, 2021, 03:40:49 PM »
They announced there would be an announcement, and this is it?  Is this a parody?  Government imitated for comic effect?

Did anyone know yesterday they were supposed to have a mask on, outside, when no one is near you?

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 08:13:26 PM by Crafty_Dog »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
latest intell - yes Wuhan virus "could have leaked from " Chinese lab
« Reply #995 on: May 04, 2021, 09:57:55 AM »
https://www.theblaze.com/news/top-secret-study-coronavirus-lab-leak

Another
thing that is  in plain sight and obvious to the right  labelled the BIG LIE by the LEFT

We should change the name from Wuhan virus to

*WUHAN LAB VIRUS*

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile