Author Topic: The US Congress; Congressional races  (Read 299786 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The US Congress; Congressional races
« Reply #1301 on: November 14, 2022, 02:26:09 PM »
I don't understand why we can't have a majority  who is popular among the party members

we need to tell our Senators to get rid of this guy already

why do we have to get these power hungry people who will simply NOT LEAVE?

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
House Rep. 219 - Dem 216
« Reply #1302 on: November 14, 2022, 03:27:27 PM »
 :-o

wow

we need to start going out and signing people up

go to nursing homes and offer the aids a few bucks more then the dems

and the homeless and those who otherwise don't give a hoot

and get there before they do.........

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
AZ
« Reply #1303 on: November 14, 2022, 04:18:24 PM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Dem Congressman disappears
« Reply #1304 on: November 14, 2022, 06:41:26 PM »
are they hiding the body?
or is he incapacitated in hospital?

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/11/14/democrat-rep-david-scott-still-missing/

would not  underestimate the crooked dems

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
McCarthy for speaker
« Reply #1305 on: November 15, 2022, 06:57:12 AM »
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/kevindowneyjr/2022/11/14/biden-and-trudeau-beclown-themselves-by-parading-around-asia-in-commie-mao-jackets-n1645623

in my previous post I was about BIggs
I was confusing McCarthy with McConnell

I think McCarthy is doing a good job
and talks and acts the walk

it was McConnell who needs to be ousted from where I sit.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: McCarthy for speaker
« Reply #1306 on: November 15, 2022, 07:40:21 AM »
ccp:  "it was McConnell who needs to be ousted from where I sit."

McConnell apparently wanted to be minority leader and we need leaders who want to win majorities.  McConnell couldn't rise above a fight with Trump, even if Trump started it, and now both must go.  The leader of the party can't be the leader of the divide in the party.

It's not who did the most in the past.  It's who will do the most for us in the future.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
PP: McConnell has got to go
« Reply #1307 on: November 15, 2022, 10:34:58 AM »
Mitch McConnell's Got to Go
Now more than ever, it's time for some fresh blood and new ideas in the Republican Senate caucus.

Douglas Andrews

Let's get right down to business: Mitch McConnell's got to go.

It'd be best if the 80-year-old senator stepped down as minority leader and allowed some fresh blood into the Republican leadership mix, but that appears highly unlikely. Instead, Nancy Pelosi-like, he seems committed to hanging onto power and content to blame his party's failure to retake the Senate on a slate of candidates that wasn't entirely to his liking.

If Mitch had his way, his Republican caucus would be chock-full of Donald Trump haters like Joe O'Dea, the Coloradoan who got his clock cleaned by 14 points by incumbent Michael Bennet, even though McConnell funneled millions in campaign advertising into O'Dea's campaign at the expense of far closer races, such as that of Arizona's Blake Masters and that of New Hampshire's Don Bolduc, both of whom lost more narrowly than O'Dea.

But that's not the worst of McConnell's sins. No, that would be his decision to pull campaign funding from the likes of Masters and Bolduc and instead spend it on the single worst Republican senator in the entire caucus, Alaska's Lisa Murkowski, a RINO who voted against confirming Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh and who votes with Joe Biden a sickening 67% of the time.

Sixty-seven percent of the time.

Worse yet, McConnell didn't just funnel those much-needed millions to Alaska so that Murkowski could stave off a Democrat challenger. No, he did so to allow Murkowski to wage war on a fellow Republican — a solid conservative named Kelly Tshibaka, whom the state's Republican Party supported over Murkowski and whom Alaska's voters prefer over Murkowski.

Currently, in a rotten ranked-choice election that Murkowski engineered specifically to help her prevail over a more conservative challenger, she trails Tshibaka by 1.4%. But because of ranked-choice voting, she may well ultimately prevail due to her being preferred by most Democrats as their second choice.

Why on earth would Mitch McConnell weaponize Republican money against the preferred candidate of Alaska Republicans? Answer: Because he has Murkowski's support as minority leader.

What could be scummier?

"Election defeats have consequences," say the editorial page editors of The Wall Street Journal, "and Republicans on Capitol Hill are grumbling about their leaders again. Fair enough, but where are the alternative candidates and what would they do differently?"

Okay, we'll bite: For starters, how about giving full-throated and unequivocal support to your entire slate of Senate candidates, regardless of whether they were endorsed by Donald Trump, and regardless of whether they said something that hurt your feelings?

"Social-media griping about the 'establishment' is grandstanding, not governance," say the editors, who are clearly in the tank for Establishment Mitch. And it's true that Republican support hasn't coalesced around a particular successor to McConnell, but it most certainly will, given time. Instead, McConnell is eager to ram through a scheduled leadership vote tomorrow, before the 2022 election is even completed. (In case McConnell had forgotten, there's a crucial Senate seat yet to be decided in Georgia, and all his energies — and those of every Republican — should be focused on getting that 50th seat for Herschel Walker and the GOP.)

One Republican senator who seems superbly equipped for leadership is Arkansas's Tom Cotton. He's young, whip-smart, articulate, and staunchly conservative, but he's also registered his support for McConnell. Here's what he said this weekend:

I don't see why we would delay the election, since all five or six of our leadership elections are uncontested. You know, the great wrestling champion Ric Flair used to say, to be the man, you got to beat the man. And so far, no one's had the nerve to step forward and challenge Senator McConnell. So, I support Senator McConnell. I support the other slate of candidates for our leadership elections. I think it's better that we move forward with these elections, so we can focus again on the Georgia runoff.

Elsewhere among Republicans, the anti-Mitch sentiment is building, and it includes Senator Marco Rubio, who called for postponing this week's leadership vote, as well as Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, Josh Hawley, Ron Johnson, Rick Scott, Cynthia Lummis, and others.

"Abandoning Blake Masters was indefensible," said Cruz on his podcast. "Because Masters said he would vote against Mitch McConnell. And so Mitch would rather be leader than have a Republican majority." He added, "If there's a Republican who can win who's not going to support Mitch, the truth of the matter is he'd rather the Democrat win."

Mitch McConnell almost singlehandedly kept Merrick Garland off the Supreme Court during the Obama years, and for that all conservatives should be eternally grateful. He's also largely to thank for confirming a slew of Trump-appointed judges and justices. But it's time for new Republican leadership in the Senate. And it's time for someone to step forward.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: November 15, 2022, 11:01:49 AM »
"One Republican senator who seems superbly equipped for leadership is Arkansas's Tom Cotton. He's young, whip-smart, articulate, and staunchly conservative, but he's also registered his support for McConnell."

Tom really impresses me on the Megyn Kelly show
yes he is brilliant
my guess he does not see his time to challenge McConnell and is biding his time

that said we have no time ......

:cry:

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
One last chance in the Senate:
« Reply #1309 on: November 16, 2022, 11:02:28 AM »
As it sits, Dems have 50 plus VP Kamala.  Republicans have 49, and both have a shot at winning Georgia. 

With my math that means best case for Republicans is 51.  (What?)

A Herschel Walker win makes it 50-50, and if Walker wins, Joe Manchin jumping ship makes it 51-49.

Why wouldn't he.  He's had an almost complete falling out with Biden and his party and he's up for reelection in two years.  He serves in the majority either way but with a better margin if he jumps.  Saves him a lot of money on reelection.

The House (assuming Republican) already can stop all new radical Left legislation and the President and the Senate filibuster can stop all Republican legislation. What is left are judicial nominees and positioning for political futures.

Does Joe Manchin support far left radical judges or does he hold his nose and vote to stay in the party?  Does his constituency (+40 Trump) prefer Left judges?  I doubt it.

Mother Jones (far Left) wrote Georgia still matters because the narrow Dem majority (50-50) for them depends on the votes of Manchin and Sinema.

In the House we had an analogous situation in MN congressional district 7, western Minnesota.  The district had turned red and then redder.  The long serving incumbent Dem (Collin Peterson) was very well liked locally, kept getting more and more moderate, was the only Dem in the nation to vote against Obamacare (because they didn't need him).  Kept winning by less and less and then he lost.  Now the Republican is winning the district with a 40% margin (similar to WV):  https://www.fox9.com/election/minnesota-election-results-2022-congressional-district-7

Manchin is well liked in his state but swimming against the tide.  It's easier to be in the same party as your constituents than to keep making excuses.  The vote for majority leader is the most important vote they make.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 12:23:28 PM by DougMacG »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Sean Trende, What happened?
« Reply #1311 on: November 17, 2022, 06:06:33 AM »
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2022/11/17/what_happened_148483.html

Sean Trende, election analyst, RCP, excepted:
As of this writing, Republicans received 51.0% of the vote to Democrats’ 47.1%.
As things stand, we are seeing roughly a 7-point swing from 2020, when Democrats won the popular vote by a 50.8% to 47.7%
Republicans made gains among African Americans, and significant gains among Hispanics. Darren Soto won by just eight points in his heavily Puerto Rican district in central Florida. Two Democrats were held below 60% in heavily Hispanic Rio Grande Valley districts. At least as of this writing, the GOP is performing well in Central Valley districts. In Los Angeles, Grace Napolitano is at 57%, Norma Torres is at 56%, Pete Aguilar is at 58%, and Linda Sanchez is at 55%. Bill Pascrell won his heavily Hispanic district in New Jersey by 10 points.

But with the potential exception of the Central Valley districts, these extra votes did not translate to seats. Because the VRA requires that these voters be placed into heavily Hispanic/black districts, which become overwhelmingly Democratic districts, it takes huge shifts in vote performance among these voters to win a district outright, and Republicans aren’t there right now. 

The other issue is that Republicans may be suffering a representational penalty in rural areas similar to the penalty Democrats have suffered in urban districts. That is to say, the GOP puts up stunning vote percentages in rural America, margins that would not have been deemed possible a decade ago, to say nothing of three decades ago. But this means that a large number of those votes are effectively wasted. As the suburbs become more competitive for Democrats and the cities become somewhat less competitive (but not enough to lose seats) as minority vote percentage moves, Democrats lose the penalty they’ve suffered for running up overwhelming vote shares in urban districts in the past.
----------------
From other analysts:
1) We lost the under 30 vote.
2) We lost unmarried women.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 07:00:41 AM by DougMacG »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: November 17, 2022, 06:10:00 AM »
here is a map that gives the breakdown in the House (still anxiously waiting for you [final results] in several elections a 9 d after election  :x]

https://www.google.com/search?q=congress+vote+tally&rlz=1C5GCEM_enUS1001US1001&oq=congress+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j69i59l2j69i61l3.3103j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

man, NJ +  New England sucks for us . NY improved  :-o

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
McConnell Senate Fund took money from Sam Bankman Fried - FTX
« Reply #1313 on: November 17, 2022, 10:51:47 AM »
https://republicbrief.com/dirty-mitch-was-on-the-take-mcconnell-received-2-5-million-from-crypto-laundromat-ftx/

so SBF who funded democrats

would give money to Mitch - in effort to help rinos I presume

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
hollywood libs :nancy is the best in history
« Reply #1314 on: November 18, 2022, 06:30:33 AM »
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2022/11/18/hollywood-celebrities-fawn-over-outgoing-house-speaker-nancy-pelosi-you-are-the-best-speaker-there-ever-was/

I was trying to find the interview with NEwt I saw last week

he also said she was possible the most effective leader in history  :-o

somehow through carrot and stick she kept the whole dem crew in line.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: November 18, 2022, 09:40:03 AM »
Pelosi, greatest of all time, right...

She historically won the House in 2006 at the low point of Bush Cheney as the Big Lie about the WMD lie succeeded.  Then tanked the economy into historic crisis.  Won the 2008 election on the coattails of The One, The Uniter, who immediately divided.

Then in 2010, judged on her own merits, methods and legislation, Obamacare ("You'll have to pass it to see what's in it"), she lost:

lost a net total of 63 seats in 2010, giving up all the gains of 2006, 2008 and more.
"https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections

She won the House back in 2018 under the auspices of President Trump and "Russian Collusion" while Robert Mueller held his empty report until well after the election.

Under Biden she passed trillions and trillions of new spending managing to tank an economy capable apparently of handling only single trillions of deficits, causing historic inflation and high interests certain to cause the next recession. 

And now lost the House again on a 7 point D to R swing in 2 years.  (Isn't it the popular vote that matters?)

Greatest of all time.  Good grief.  Good riddance.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 09:43:42 AM by DougMacG »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
their new obama
« Reply #1316 on: November 18, 2022, 11:27:32 AM »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: their new obama
« Reply #1317 on: November 18, 2022, 12:57:59 PM »
I don't see him on a path to be President but he will be the next Pelosi.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
thanks McConnell
« Reply #1321 on: November 20, 2022, 08:03:04 AM »
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/murkowski-takes-lead-kelly-tshibaka-senate-race

Why can't we have the representative we want for our party?

I presume Dems are voting for murkowski now
negating the real choice of Republicans

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: November 20, 2022, 08:24:05 AM »
Fk.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
latest update on House seats
« Reply #1323 on: November 20, 2022, 11:31:45 AM »
https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/2022-election-house/

this is the only one I could find reporting on this
says repubs up to 219

with 4 pending of which 3 have R ahead though one by on 0.7% ( in California )

seems like the MSM stopped counting 2 to 3 days ago
since the Dems were finally counted out.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: thanks McConnell
« Reply #1324 on: November 20, 2022, 12:34:45 PM »
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/murkowski-takes-lead-kelly-tshibaka-senate-race

Why can't we have the representative we want for our party?

I presume Dems are voting for murkowski now
negating the real choice of Republicans

Ranked choice is bullshit.  I don't care what anyone's second choice is.

Picking one is hard enough with typically lousy choices.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
A Positive take on the Midterms
« Reply #1326 on: November 21, 2022, 07:49:55 AM »
https://spectatorworld.com/topic/midterm-results-good-republicans-not-great/

Republicans grew support among all minority groups: +4 among Black voters, +10 among Hispanics and an impressive +17 among Asians. If Republicans can continue to improve on these trends, even at the marginal level, it puts a significant number House districts previously out of reach on the table and solidifies their positing in current swing districts.
----------------------------------

Not mentioned, the under 30 vote.  The next batch to come out of that lived through lockdowns.  Maybe we can make an argument to these future voters.

Not mentioned, the new voting system.  No ID required.  No election day.  No controls.  No investigations.  No prosecutions.  No chance of changing it.

Not mentioned, the disastrous showing in suburbs where I live.  Our district was Republican held for 60 years, flipped Dem in 2018.  Fake Moderate Dem won reelection this year by 19 points.  I posted the huge positive implications if suburbs flipped back.  Did not happen.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: November 22, 2022, 03:29:56 PM »
“If Secretary Mayorkas does not resign, House Republicans will investigate every order, every action and every failure to determine whether we can begin an impeachment inquiry,” McCarthy said."

good ; about time

not clear what happens to cabinet level head who gets impeaches exactly what that means

will this then go to the Senate for a trial - same as for pres or vp?

if so we do not have majority and this mayorkas gets to gaslight us for another 2 yrs

and the shysters will stonewall every step of the way and bill for hours wasted

protecting a  law enforcement officer who will not enforce the laws .

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
WSJ: Why Herschel matters a lot
« Reply #1330 on: November 23, 2022, 04:39:20 PM »
Herschel Walker Can Become the Republicans’ Defensive MVP
A 51st Democratic Senate seat would make the party a lot more powerful than an evenly split chamber.
By Heather R. Higgins
Nov. 23, 2022 6:54 pm ET

SAVE

PRINT

TEXT

The U.S. Capitol building, March 8, 2021.
PHOTO: JOSHUA ROBERTS/REUTERS

Unlike in 2020, Georgia’s U.S. Senate runoff won’t decide whether Chuck Schumer or Mitch McConnell is majority leader. But it will determine whether Democrats have a true majority. If they do, Vice President Kamala Harris, who has cast 26 tie-breaking votes, will have less to do—but that’s the least important implication.

With an evenly divided Senate, any single Democrat can prevent legislation from passing without Republican support. Even when the holdout eventually gives in, the result may be less extreme, as when West Virginia’s Joe Manchin brought the cost of the misnamed Inflation Reduction Act down to $750 billion, plus another $1.2 trillion for a separate infrastructure piece, from its initial $6 trillion.

A 50-50 Senate also means a single Democrat can prevent a party-line confirmation. Mr. Manchin forced Neera Tanden’s withdrawal as director of the Office of Management and Budget and Sarah Bloom Raskin as a Federal Reserve governor by announcing he’d vote against them. David Weil, the radical academic who would have headed the Labor Department’s Wage and Hour Division, went down to defeat when Arizona’s Kyrsten Sinema and two other Democrats voted against him.

An even split makes every Democratic senator the deciding vote on every party-line measure that requires a simple majority. That helps provide clarity at re-election time. With 51-49, Mr. Schumer could let two at-risk senators be absent when the chamber votes on bills or confirmations that would be particularly unpopular back home.

NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP

Morning Editorial Report

All the day's Opinion headlines.

Preview

Subscribed
And although the Republican House makes this prospect remote, an evenly split Senate is less likely to vote by simple majority to abolish the legislative filibuster. The only holdouts in the current Congress were Mr. Manchin and Ms. Sinema. If one of them defects in a 51-49 Senate, that’s enough to give Ms. Harris the deciding vote.

The additional senator would also give an edge in committee assignments. That would give Democrats the power to move bills and nominees through committee, where Ms. Harris doesn’t have a tie-breaking vote. Under the parties’ 2021 power-sharing agreement, a tie vote doesn’t block a floor vote, but delays it by requiring the full Senate to approve a discharge motion. With committee majorities, Mr. Schumer could force onto the floor “messaging” bills—appealing legislation that couldn’t pass the House, designed to give the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee fodder against GOP incumbents.

Democrats would also have the power to move nominations directly to the floor without Republican support. That would speed the process of filling vacancies in the executive branch and the judiciary. Gigi Sohn’s nomination to serve on the Federal Communications Commission has been stalled for more than a year and awaits a discharge motion after a 14-14 committee vote. Ms. Sohn has suggested she might use the FCC to censor conservative news broadcasters.

A 51-49 majority would give committee Democrats roughly twice the minority Republicans’ allocation of money, office space and staff to draft legislation and prepare investigations and subpoenas. Democrats would control committee time, and Republicans would get half as many witnesses.

An evenly split Senate moves more slowly. Not only do Republicans get more floor time and parliamentary options, but the majority leader moves something to the floor only when all 50 of his members are present. Many times in the past two years Mr. Schumer was unable to proceed because a single Democrat was absent—although the easing of Covid fears will make that less frequent.

Victory in Georgia also improves Republican chances of taking a majority later. This could happen quickly: If a Democratic seat becomes vacant, Republicans would immediately have a 50-49 majority; if a Republican governor appoints a replacement, it would go to 51-49. And the winner on Dec. 6 will serve until 2029, so the race will help determine the chamber’s composition for the next three Congresses. If Republicans win a majority in 2024 or 2026, having a margin will be as valuable to them as it is to Democrats now.

For now, though, we aren’t talking margin. Herschel Walker would be the crucial brake that prevents a run on the judiciary, on subpoenas and investigations, and on a progressive wish list of messaging bills. He was a star running back at the University of Georgia. Now is his chance to be a defensive MVP.

Ms. Higgins is CEO of Independent Women’s Voice.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Palin loses to Dem
« Reply #1331 on: November 24, 2022, 06:54:31 AM »
the Dem was endorsed by  Rep Murkowski. and Rep  Don Young

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/mary-peltola-sarah-palin-alaska/2022/11/23/id/1097785/

alaska congresspeople

liberty score  Reps . Dan Sullivan 64 % Don Young 46 % Murkowski 29%

Alaska is faux conservative state ......

they elect republicans but they are all Rino-democrats

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: November 24, 2022, 02:25:00 PM »
repubs

won 3 M more "but not where it counts "

wait till next time when we go out and start our own ballot harvesting
where "it counts"

we need better outreach in the urban areas

just with bars and bullet proof windows at the outreach centers
and communicate why Dems fail and out policies succeed

I admit  I am lots of talk here but far easier to bloviate rather then actually do....
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 03:28:16 PM by ccp »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: November 28, 2022, 07:56:44 AM »
Apparently, Herschel maintains a home/property in Texas that his IRS filings claim as his residence.

Fuct again.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: November 28, 2022, 08:36:07 AM »
Apparently, Herschel maintains a home/property in Texas that his IRS filings claim as his residence.

Fuct again.

:-o :x :roll:

isn't that what oz did ?

dems are now gloating
and pushing for everything this last month of course

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
PP
« Reply #1337 on: November 28, 2022, 09:14:52 AM »
Another strategic blunder by Herschel Walker: With the December 6 Senate runoff election looming in Georgia between Democrat incumbent Raphael Warnock and Republican Herschel Walker, political blunders need to be avoided. Unfortunately, Walker just made a big blunder, similar to that of Republican candidate Mehmet Oz in his failed Pennsylvania race. It's the "carpet bagger" label, which Oz was never able to escape. It turns out that Walker is receiving a primary resident tax break on his home in Dallas, Texas. Back in 2021, Walker registered to vote in Georgia not long before launching his Senate bid in the Peach State. For decades prior, Walker lived in Texas, and records indicate that he took the "principle residence" tax break for his Texas home on his 2021 and 2022 tax returns, despite the fact that he had already launched his Senate bid in Georgia. While it appears that legally speaking, Walker's Senate bid in Georgia is within bounds of the law, politically speaking this is another flaw that Warnock is sure to use to paint Walker as an outsider, despite Walker's storied history as Georgia's most famous running back.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: November 28, 2022, 09:45:08 AM »

Fuct again.

Bad?  Yes, but already well known.

"legally speaking, Walker's Senate bid in Georgia is within bounds of the law, but politically..."

Double standard.  Al Franken (born in NY) moved to New York in his adult life, not MN, for decades.  Worked for NY companies, SNL and Air America radio for decades.  Then decided to run - in MN.  The left loves Liz Cheney, from Virginia, not Wyoming.  That never comes up.  Robert Kennedy was from New York, not Massachusetts?
https://buffalonews.com/news/local/history/sept-1-1964-robert-kennedy-to-run-for-senate-first-stop-buffalo/article_6663744d-5e3f-5deb-8450-d92a35c65b52.html
"He (RFK) was not a New York State resident and wasn’t registered to vote here (1964); the state Democratic Committee had to give him permission to run."

That's quite a tradition of not caring what state people are from if they advance your politics.

My congressman, Democrat Dean Phillips, ran his first campaign from his house across from my daughter in Minneapolis, not in 3rd district where the seat was winnable.  Then he bought a house on Lake Minnetonka for the phony move.  A house that is now sold.  THEY do it all the time.

Is Mitt Romney from Utah?  No.  He owns a house there, and a lot of other places.  Throw him out.

Herschel Walker has plenty of authentic roots in Georgia, (especially compared to the above) and can legally change residency anytime he wants (if he forgot).  (I doubt he has not done that.)

What about Warnock and these eviction actions the Left hates so badly?  Does.Not.Matter.

Like the Fetterman vote, this is a simple choice of left vs right for the country. 

The Libertarian won 2.1%.  That plus 48.5% Walker vote takes it well over 50.  https://www.cnn.com/election/2022/results/georgia/senate

But somehow we already know the turnout will go the other way.

God help us.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: November 28, 2022, 12:01:50 PM »
"The Libertarian won 2.1%.  That plus 48.5% Walker vote takes it well over 50."

The counter argument is that Kemp pulled voters into voting for Herschel.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: November 28, 2022, 01:49:54 PM »
"But somehow we already know the turnout will go the other way."

yes

stacy abrams and her crew are working overtime

hollywood and other rich democrat money rolling in etc.......

soros and the rest
probably money taken for Bankman Fried

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: November 28, 2022, 02:37:33 PM »
"The counter argument is that Kemp pulled voters into voting for Herschel."

- Good, then Gov Kemp can keep pulling.  We're not there yet.  I understand he is helping.  I hope it's enough.

We're not in their market but it sure seems quiet right now considering the stakes.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: November 28, 2022, 04:13:43 PM »
Point being that Kemp is not on the ballot this time.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: November 28, 2022, 05:13:49 PM »
Right.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
NYT nate cohn
« Reply #1345 on: November 30, 2022, 07:34:27 AM »
laments that black turnout was

not so great

he asks if it is due to doubts about the ability to fight "white supremacy"

"Is it simply a return to the pre-Obama norm? Is it yet another symptom of eroding Democratic strength among working-class voters of all races and ethnicities? Or is it a byproduct of something more specific to Black voters, like the rise of a more progressive, activist — and pessimistic — Black left that doubts whether the Democratic Party can combat white supremacy?"

:roll:

oh the self righteousness ......

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
US Congressional races, Republicans vs Republicans
« Reply #1346 on: December 01, 2022, 09:13:12 AM »
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3757720-republican-georgia-lieutenant-governor-says-he-couldnt-vote-for-walker/

How do you win divided?  He can't see the difference between Warnock and Walker?

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
these broads are being paid off
« Reply #1347 on: December 01, 2022, 11:56:48 AM »
https://www.mediaite.com/election-2022/five-more-herschel-walker-exes-come-forward-to-accuse-him-of-terrifying-violent-behavior-i-saw-a-fist-flying-toward-me/

I don't know if Walker is a problem or not
but the fact this comes out in the Daily Beast ( :roll:) and
NOW  speaks volumes