Author Topic: Soft Coup 3.0: Impeachment  (Read 53513 times)

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Soft Coup 3.0: Impeachment
« Reply #400 on: August 22, 2021, 12:48:20 PM »
They are going to blatantly steal this election right in front of us.

quote author=Crafty_Dog
...BTW, if Larry Elder wins in CA and Sen. Feinstein finally dies, he gets to appoint a Rep. Senator, thus putting the Senate in our hands.

- Someone tell me again the part where elections don't matter anymore.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 22, 2021, 04:08:52 PM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 22, 2021, 04:13:06 PM »
So, rollover and die?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 22, 2021, 04:29:10 PM »
"a friend of a friend of a friend who is neck deep in DC says that the Biden people - who are more or less run of the mill democrat loyalists - are going to Spiro Agnew ol' Kamala - Big Tech's pick for President. This is obviously to keep her from becoming President. Pelosi will become Xiden's VP. The two sides are at war with each other due to Xiden's faster than expected decline and Harris' utter incompetence.

"Pres. Pelosi will pick the next VP and then will step aside before 2024 so her VP can run as President.

"This should be very interesting."

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: August 22, 2021, 07:41:36 PM »
quote author=Crafty_Dog
"a friend of a friend of a friend who is neck deep in DC says that the Biden people - who are more or less run of the mill democrat loyalists - are going to Spiro Agnew ol' Kamala - Big Tech's pick for President. This is obviously to keep her from becoming President. Pelosi will become Xiden's VP. The two sides are at war with each other due to Xiden's faster than expected decline and Harris' utter incompetence.

"Pres. Pelosi will pick the next VP and then will step aside before 2024 so her VP can run as President."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not out of the question.  One problem is they still don't have a name.  Who is it, Oprah?  It won't be Gov. Cuomo or Newsome.  Schumer, Schiff, Ilhan Omar?  The head of border security or of the Afghan exit team?

If they had someone, they would have put that person up in the first place.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 22, 2021, 08:21:55 PM »
So, rollover and die?

You don't vote your way out of voter fraud.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 22, 2021, 08:24:19 PM »
At this point, what difference does it make?

Which figurehead will sit atop our rotted out, corrupt former republic?

quote author=Crafty_Dog

"Pres. Pelosi will pick the next VP and then will step aside before 2024 so her VP can run as President."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not out of the question.  One problem is they still don't have a name.  Who is it, Oprah?  It won't be Gov. Cuomo or Newsome.  Schumer, Schiff, Ilhan Omar?  The head of border security or of the Afghan exit team?

If they had someone, they would have put that person up in the first place.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 23, 2021, 01:32:10 AM »

I'm so old I remember $1.79 gas (last year) and stepped up basis. Real wages growing instead of falling, and maybe a thousand other reasons it matters - to me.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 23, 2021, 02:16:48 AM »
Sorry, the deep state didn't like the president responsible for those policies.

I'm so old I remember $1.79 gas (last year) and stepped up basis. Real wages growing instead of falling, and maybe a thousand other reasons it matters - to me.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 23, 2021, 06:40:37 AM »
My take is that people who are 'liberal' are not rejecting the people and policies that are 'Leftist' (including deep state), and the 'Republican' brand name sucks for more than half the electorate. Those problems are electoral.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Soft Coup 3.0: Impeachment-As I was saying…
« Reply #411 on: August 24, 2021, 11:38:30 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/california-man-found-passed-out-car-300-unopened-recall-ballots-and-forged-licenses

quote author=Crafty_Dog
...BTW, if Larry Elder wins in CA and Sen. Feinstein finally dies, he gets to appoint a Rep. Senator, thus putting the Senate in our hands.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Impeachment 2021, order of succession, Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Leahy
« Reply #412 on: September 02, 2021, 01:55:32 PM »
Order of succession:  Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Leahy, Blinken, Yellen, Austin and Garland.

Somebody explain the Impeach Biden thing to me from a Republican point of view, if we could.  Before the Harris plunge, Democrats hoped for a change going into reelection anyway for his successor to run as an incumbent.  Let them initiate the switchout and this can be their soap opera.  Kicking out a dirty old man controlled by leftwing handlers gives us another leftwing incompetent controlled by leftwing handlers, also elevates a new Dem to national prominence, Buttigieg, VP??  There's no reason to help with that.

Assume for a second that Republicans take the House next year, Kevin McCarthy takes the place of Pelosi as Speaker, R's pick up a couple of Senate seats (unlikely), Larry Elder wins and becomes Governor of California, Diane Feinstein steps down, Elder replaces her with a conservative Republican, Joe Manchin switches parties and all Republicans vote to impeach and convict BOTH Biden and Harris.  There is no crime they could commit that would win them one more, much less 14 more Democrat votes to convict in The Senate.  Not murder, not treason, not 300 million witnesses, nothing would make them do that.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Impeachment 2021, order of succession, Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Leahy
« Reply #413 on: September 02, 2021, 01:59:53 PM »
Having a (D) next to your name means you are protected from all consequences.

Order of succession:  Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Leahy, Blinken, Yellen, Austin and Garland.

Somebody explain the Impeach Biden thing to me from a Republican point of view, if we could.  Before the Harris plunge, Democrats hoped for a change going into reelection anyway for his successor to run as an incumbent.  Let them initiate the switchout and this can be their soap opera.  Kicking out a dirty old man controlled by leftwing handlers gives us another leftwing incompetent controlled by leftwing handlers, also elevates a new Dem to national prominence, Buttigieg, VP??  There's no reason to help with that.

Assume for a second that Republicans take the House next year, Kevin McCarthy takes the place of Pelosi as Speaker, R's pick up a couple of Senate seats (unlikely), Larry Elder wins and becomes Governor of California, Diane Feinstein steps down, Elder replaces her with a conservative Republican, Joe Manchin switches parties and all Republicans vote to impeach and convict BOTH Biden and Harris.  There is no crime they could commit that would win them one more, much less 14 more Democrat votes to convict in The Senate.  Not murder, not treason, not 300 million witnesses, nothing would make them do that.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 02, 2021, 05:10:33 PM »
Doug:

You make very cogent points.

Still I think it worth pursuing as a political tactic even though we are not likely to get it across the finish line.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Impeachment
« Reply #415 on: September 03, 2021, 05:31:30 AM »
Fair enough.  Here is this:

https://townhall.com/columnists/joshhammer/2021/09/03/impeach-joe-biden-n2595247

He jumps from the phone call to Pres. Ghani arguably worse than the Ukraine call, to complete dereliction of duty led to arming the enemy, and lying to the American people about not leaving people behind.

What is our standalone sentence for impeachment?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 05:44:12 AM by DougMacG »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
"There is a need, whether it is true or not, to project a different picture."
« Reply #416 on: September 03, 2021, 11:12:26 AM »
Impeachment, Biden:  Is this it?

https://thefederalist.com/2021/09/03/joe-biden-is-lying-to-americans-about-afghanistan/

In a bombshell report on Aug. 31, Reuters reported on an audio recording of a July 23 call between Biden and then-Afghan President Ashraf Ghani. It released a transcript. In the call, Biden stated, “I need not tell you the perception around the world and in parts of Afghanistan, I believe, is that things aren’t going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban.”

Biden then gave Ghani his marching orders: “And there is a need, whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture.” His own words condemn the president: “Whether it is true or not…” As the indispensable Mollie Hemingway noted on Fox News on Sept. 2, “What this phone call shows is that the withdrawal was, like so many other parts of the war, communicated to the American public with lies.” Indeed it was.

But this was even worse. Again, Hemingway: “While the previous president was impeached over a phone call and accused of a quid pro quo, here you actually have a president asking someone to lie on his behalf and conditioning military aid on part of those lies.”

... in the words of the 2019 Articles of Impeachment against President Trump, President Biden “sought to pressure the Government of [Afghanistan] to take these steps by conditioning official United States Government acts of significant value to [Afghanistan] on its public announcement of the [plan]. President [Biden] engaged in this scheme or course of conduct for corrupt purposes in pursuit of personal political benefit. In so doing, President [Biden] used the powers of the Presidency in a manner that compromised the national security of the United States and undermined the integrity of the United States democratic process.”

Reuters:
"In the call, Biden offered aid if Ghani could publicly project he had a plan to control the spiraling situation in Afghanistan."
https://www.reuters.com/world/exclusive-call-before-afghan-collapse-biden-pressed-ghani-change-perception-2021-08-31/
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 11:38:53 AM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Impeachment: The call, Biden, Ghani, Reuters
« Reply #418 on: September 07, 2021, 08:35:07 AM »
How do you read this and not conclude Biden is conditioning needed US air support in Afghanistan on Ghani and his people putting forth a better "perception" of how well things are going, "whether it is true or not", for his own political disaster mitigation?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.reuters.com/world/excerpts-call-between-joe-biden-ashraf-ghani-july-23-2021-08-31/

WASHINGTON, Aug 31 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden and Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani spoke by phone July 23. Here are excerpts from that call, based on a transcript and recording reviewed by Reuters:

BIDEN: Mr. President. Joe Biden.

GHANI: Of course, Mr. President, such a pleasure to hear your voice.

BIDEN: You know, I am a moment late. But I mean it sincerely. Hey look, I want to make it clear that I am not a military man any more than you are, but I have been meeting with our Pentagon folks, and our national security people, as you have with ours and yours, and as you know and I need not tell you the perception around the world and in parts of Afghanistan, I believe, is that things aren’t going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban.

And there’s a need, whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture.

…..

BIDEN: If you empower Bismillah [Defense Minister Bismillah Khan Mohammadi] to execute a strategy focused on key parts of the population centers, and I’m not a military guy, so I’m not telling you what that plan should precisely look like, you’re going to get not only more help, but you’re going to get a perception that is going to change in terms of how , um…[unclear].. our allies and folks here in the States and other places think you’re doing.

You clearly have the best military, you have 300,000 well-armed forces versus 70-80,000 and they’re clearly capable of fighting well, we will continue to provide close air support, if we know what the plan is and what we are doing. And all the way through the end of August, and who knows what after that.

We are also going to continue to make sure your air force is capable of continuing to fly and provide air support. In addition to that we are going to continue to fight hard, diplomatically, politically, economically, to make sure your government not only survives, but is sustained and grows because it is clearly in the interest of the people of Afghanistan, that you succeed and you lead. And though I know this is presumptuous of me on one hand to say such things so directly to you, I have known you for a long while, I find you a brilliant and honorable man.

But I really think, I don’t know whether you’re aware, just how much the perception around the world is that this is looking like a losing proposition, which it is not, not that it necessarily is that, but so the conclusion I’m asking you to consider is to bring together everyone from [Former Vice President Abdul Rashid] Dostum, to [Former President Hamid] Karzai and in between, if they stand there and say they back the strategy you put together, and put a warrior in charge, you know a military man, [Defense Minister Bismillah] Khan in charge of executing that strategy, and that will change perception, and that will change an awful lot I think.

GHANI: Mr. President, we are facing a full-scale invasion, composed of Taliban, full Pakistani planning and logistical support, and at least 10-15,000 international terrorists, predominantly Pakistanis thrown into this, so that dimension needs to be taken account of.

Second, what is crucial is, close air support, and if I could make a request, you have been very generous, if your assistance, particularly to our air force be front loaded, because what we need at this moment, there was a very heavily reliance on air power, and we have prioritized that if it could be at all front-loaded, we will greatly appreciate it.

And third, regarding procedure for the rest of the assistance, for instance, military pay is not increased for over a decade. We need to make some gestures to rally everybody together so if you could assign the national security advisor or the Pentagon, anyone you wish to work with us on the details, so our expectations particularly regarding your close air support. There are agreements with the Taliban that we [or “you” this is unclear] are not previously aware of, and because of your air force was extremely cautious in attacking them.

And the last point, I just spoke again to Dr. Abdullah earlier, he went to negotiate with the Taliban, the Taliban showed no inclination. We can get to peace only if we rebalance the military situation. And I can assure you…

BIDEN: [crosstalk]

GHANI: And I can assure you I have been to four of our key cities, I’m constantly traveling with the vice president and others, we will be able to rally. Your assurance of support goes a very long way to enable us, to really mobilize in earnest. The urban resistance, Mr. President is been extraordinary, there are cities that have taken a siege of 55 days and that have not surrendered. Again, I thank you and I’m always just a phone call away. This is what a friend tells a friend, so please don’t feel that you’re imposing on me.

BIDEN: No, well, look, I, thank you. Look, close air support works only if there is a military strategy on the ground to support.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 08:38:56 AM by DougMacG »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
MUST VOTE HARDER! Sorry, you already voted.
« Reply #419 on: September 13, 2021, 08:23:26 PM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/california-republicans-shocked-discover-theyre-already-voted-recall-election

quote author=Crafty_Dog

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 11, 2023, 09:02:23 AM »
1)  Still hoping for citations regarding absence of due process for Trump in the second impeachment-- I could swear we had it here but when I tried searching here I could not find it.

2) I could swear I saw in the last few days that the Dems have DELETED all the testimony and records of the second Trump impeachment.  This should be a HUGE DEAL, yes?

Can we find citation on this?

If true, when was this done?  With suspicious timing regarding the Smith J6 charges? i.e. so as to deny Trump access to evidence?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Rove: TX AG Paxton's Impeachment
« Reply #422 on: August 17, 2023, 03:39:02 PM »
The End Is Near for Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton
He gloated when he got re-elected, but he seems sure to lose his impeachment trial.
By
Karl Rove
Follow
Aug. 16, 2023 6:20 pm ET

Gift unlocked article

Listen

(5 min)

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton makes a statement at his office in Austin, May 26. PHOTO: ERIC GAY/ASSOCIATED PRESS
The highest-profile impeachment trial of a statewide official since that of Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich in 2009 will kick off Sept. 5. That’s when the Texas Senate will try Attorney General Ken Paxton, whom the state House voted 121-23 to impeach in May. More than 70% of GOP representatives voted to impeach their fellow Republican, including all five GOP members from his home county.

Many of the impeachment charges involve Mr. Paxton’s relationship with real-estate operator Nate Paul. He gave Mr. Paxton’s mistress a job after she was fired by her boss, a colleague of Mr. Paxton’s wife, state Sen. Angela Paxton, and allegedly renovated Mr. Paxton’s Austin home at no cost. In return, Mr. Paxton’s office allegedly gave Mr. Paul “favorable legal assistance” to help keep the developer’s company afloat.

Messrs. Paxton and Paul deny all wrongdoing. Mr. Paxton showed his good character by using taxpayer dollars to pay for an outside law firm to prepare a report disputing the validity of the charges.

The impeachment itself is void, his attorneys argue, because of a statute that bars impeachment for conduct occurring “before the officer’s most recent election, and those allegations were public before voters cast their ballots.” Most of the acts for which the House impeached Mr. Paxton occurred before his 2022 re-election. His people contend they were well known.

But the Texas Supreme Court has held in three cases, including Matter of Carillo (1976), that this so-called forgiveness doctrine doesn’t apply when a “proceeding for removal is authorized by the [Texas] Constitution.” It is so authorized for several top officers, including the attorney general.

Mr. Paxton’s forgiveness-doctrine defense is factually wrong as well. While some of this sprawling scandal was public before the election, lots of new allegations have turned up since then. In June a federal grand jury indicted Mr. Paul on eight counts of making false statements to banks—the shenanigans for which Mr. Paxton allegedly provided “favorable legal assistance” to erase Mr. Paul’s financial problems.

Moreover, one of the House’s most explosive allegations was unknown prior to the 2022 election. Allegedly, Mr. Paxton violated the laws governing prosecutor appointments in 2020 by hiring a junior lawyer with no prosecutorial experience, who then issued 39 grand-jury subpoenas to Mr. Paul’s creditors and critics, including law enforcement and prosecutors investigating the developer. Then Mr. Paxton allegedly lied about it.

When asked in a 2021 Senate committee hearing about the appointment, Mr. Paxton’s deputy said the local district attorney in Mr. Paul’s case asked for help in investigating the developer’s claims that he was victimized by “doctored” search warrants. But the then-district attorney and one of her top aides say they didn’t believe there was an issue with the subpoenas and Mr. Paxton hired the lawyer on his own. Mr. Paxton’s deputy says he’s seen documents from the district attorney’s office that “prove the fact” that it made the junior lawyer a special prosecutor, but has yet to produce them.

We’ve also learned more about the Paxton-Paul relationship. On Wednesday the House alleged that Mr. Paul set up an Uber account under an alias that Mr. Paxton then used to visit the apartment complex where his mistress lived. In a June briefing, Tony Buzbee, Mr. Paxton’s lead attorney, tried proving Mr. Paxton paid for his home renovations. But he wired $121,617 to an entity named Cupertino Builders the day after whistleblowers in his office met with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, which by then had told the Attorney General Office’s human-resources department about it. This payment was also made months after the work was done: How many builders wait that long to bill a job? Cupertino Builders didn’t even exist when Mr. Paxton wired it money: It filed organization papers three weeks later with state officials. Its manager, Mr. Paul’s buddy, has served time for fraud.

When the House took up impeachment, Mr. Paxton complained he wasn’t allowed to present evidence or testify. But that’s how the Texas impeachment processes work: The House serves as a grand jury, then the Senate holds the trial.

And for all his complaints, Mr. Paxton has since tried to limit the introduction of evidence in the Senate trial. Only two senators supported that push, one of them Mr. Paxton’s wife. Mr. Paxton also refuses to testify.

Some of the Senate trial’s more dramatic moments will likely be testimony from the Paxton whistleblowers—eight respected conservative lawyers, Federalist Society members, and the attorney general’s handpicked top staffers. They risked their careers and reputations to take on a powerful boss they allege was violating the laws he had sworn to uphold.

When he won his third term as attorney general last fall, Mr. Paxton said, “The reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.” Maybe, but they might have been simply premature.

Mr. Rove helped organize the political-action committee American Crossroads and is author of “The Triumph of William McKinley” (Simon & Schuster, 2015).

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Soft Coup 4.0: Impeachment
« Reply #423 on: February 12, 2024, 05:55:14 PM »