Author Topic: The Cognitive Dissonance of His Glibness  (Read 858033 times)

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The Cognitive Dissonance of His Glibness
« Reply #1800 on: December 09, 2016, 06:59:55 AM »
After posting the Breitbart link on my FB I was challenged with the actual content of the speech.

"Read it for yourself and tell me if you think the headline is honest.  I don't."

Which headline are you talking about CD?

I am tired of this from the Bamster:

"The whole objective of these terrorists is to scare us into changing the nature of who we are and our democracy.  And the fact is, people and nations do not make good decisions when they are driven by fear. "

I really don't need a pompous lecture on telling me "who I , as an American, am".
And stop the "Fear" smear.  We want to defend ourselves OK?   soon to be ex commander in chief.

And this:  "Good afternoon, everybody.  I was just told that was going to be the last "Hail to the Chief" on the road, and it got me kind of sentimental. "

Yeah, I bet you are sad you won't be the big guy on campus soon .  (not soon enough for me)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 07:02:17 AM by ccp »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: December 09, 2016, 08:21:15 AM »
Let's take this over to the Media thread.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Glibness tells Romney the 1980s wants their foreign policy back
« Reply #1803 on: December 13, 2016, 03:46:03 PM »
Re-exp[eriencing Obama's tone here summarizes the career of the ignorant, arrogant, Ivy League snob from Occupy White House who wasted 8 years of this country's history we will never get back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1409sXBleg

Before that, the US under Obama reneged on a promise to its allies and canceled missile defense for Eastern Europe.

Right while he was saying that, RUssia successfully hacked the Obama White House.

After he said that, Russia "annexed" Crimea and threatened Ukraine.

And now he thinks Russia changed the outcom of an American election on his watch?

I'm old enough to remember when we held Presidents accountable for what happened under their watch.

Also watch the demeanor of Romney, playing by the rules and politely taking the abuse.  Lesson from that, Trump won and Obama lost.  Trump for all his bizarre facial expressions and interruptions would not have sat there and taken that.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obama:  Governor Romney, I'm glad that you recognize that Al Qaida is a threat, because a few months ago when you were asked what's the biggest geopolitical threat facing America, you said Russia, not Al Qaida; you said Russia, in the 1980s, they're now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because, you know, the Cold War's been over for 20 years.

But Governor, when it comes to our foreign policy, you seem to want to import the foreign policies of the 1980s, just like the social policies of the 1950s and the economic policies of the 1920s.

You say that you're not interested in duplicating what happened in Iraq. But just a few weeks ago, you said you think we should have more troops in Iraq right now. And the -- the challenge we have -- I know you haven't been in a position to actually execute foreign policy -- but every time you've offered an opinion, you've been wrong. You said we should have gone into Iraq, despite that fact that there were no weapons of mass destruction.

You said that we should still have troops in Iraq to this day. You indicated that we shouldn't be passing nuclear treaties with Russia despite the fact that 71 senators, Democrats and Republicans, voted for it. You said that, first, we should not have a timeline in Afghanistan. Then you said we should. Now you say maybe or it depends, which means not only were you wrong, but you were also confusing in sending mixed messages both to our troops and our allies.
 So, what -- what we need to do with respect to the Middle East is strong, steady leadership, not wrong and reckless leadership that is all over the map. And unfortunately, that's the kind of opinions that you've offered throughout this campaign, and it is not a recipe for American strength, or keeping America safe over the long haul.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: December 16, 2016, 12:35:18 PM »
Watching Obama today makes our country look weak and foolish.
He sounds groveling.

All of a sudden cyber security has been forced to the front of the news by him and all of his jurno -listers .
Talk about fraudulent news.  :roll:

One month will not be soon enough to run him out of town.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The Cognitive Dissonance of His Glibness. Firearms pardons
« Reply #1805 on: December 20, 2016, 07:18:13 AM »
He argues for tougher gun laws and issues 49 pardons for firearms offences.  Makes perfect sense.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/12/19/obama-delivers-231-pardons-and-commutations-49-for-firearm-offenses/

A complete ban is a reasonable regulation (DC) and a constitutional right is not an individual right (Heller).

The man we still call Mr. President helped firearms sales more than any other president in US history.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Dem seats lost under Glibness
« Reply #1806 on: December 28, 2016, 08:14:33 PM »
As President Obama concludes his reign of error, his party is smaller, weaker and ricketier than it has been since at least the 1940s. Behold the tremendous power that Democrats have frittered away -- from January 2009 through the aftermath of Election Day -- thanks to Obama and his ideas:
Democrats surrendered the White House to political neophyte Donald J. Trump.
US Senate seats slipped from 55 to 46, down 16 percent.
US House seats fell from 256 to 194, down 24 percent.
Democrats ran the Senate and House in 2009. Next year, they will control neither.
Governorships slid from 28 to 16, down 43 percent.
State legislatures (both chambers) plunged from 27 to 14, down 48 percent
Trifectas (states with Democrat governors and both legislative chambers) cratered from 17 to 6, down 65 percent.
http://nypost.com/2016/12/25/obamas-legacy-is-a-devastated-democratic-party/
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/12/trump_would_have_beaten_delusional_obama.html
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 05:45:57 AM by DougMacG »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: December 29, 2016, 04:57:12 AM »
"his party is smaller, weaker and ricketier than it has been since at least the 1940s."

HI Doug.  I wish I could be so celebratory.

These control freaks are not going away.  They still have the media, they still have the minorities, academia, hollywood, California most immigrants and foreign born and there endless coalitions of any interest group  they can bribe with taxpayer money.

And I am worried about what can happen with Trump.  There are twenty ways for disasters and no matter what he will get the blame.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: December 29, 2016, 06:05:01 AM »
"his party is smaller, weaker and ricketier than it has been since at least the 1940s."

HI Doug.  I wish I could be so celebratory.

These control freaks are not going away.  They still have the media, they still have the minorities, academia, hollywood, California most immigrants and foreign born and there endless coalitions of any interest group  they can bribe with taxpayer money.

And I am worried about what can happen with Trump.  There are twenty ways for disasters and no matter what he will get the blame.

CCP,  I agree.  I added a couple of Link sources to that post. The point was to show some evidence that Barack Obama might not have defeated Donald Trump in 2016, since he did manage to lose almost everything else for them including Hillary's race. 

I wrote a piece for Pat's site called skip the endzone dance that didn't go over very well. My point was, we have accomplished nothing so far. We haven't repealed a single tax, law, program or regulation. We haven't even a plan to to change their 90 plus percent advantage in schools, colleges and media. If we nominate and confirm a Supreme Court Justice that is brilliant, conservative and perfect, it only takes us back to where we were before scalia died, a divided court..

I, too, am worried.  This was a pendulum swing, not a conservative shift. If we want a conservative shift, we will have to enact conservative policies and see great results, and even that is not enough.  We are still terrible at messaging.

Trump will have to double the growth rate and that is just starting point and a talking point against all that will be thrown at him that allegedly went wrong, like if the rich get richer.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: December 29, 2016, 08:47:57 AM »
"The point was to show some evidence that Barack Obama might not have defeated Donald Trump in 2016, since he did manage to lose almost everything else for them including Hillary's race. "

IF Trump did not have such high negatives I think he would have blown Brock and Hillary out of the water.

OTOH if Hillary did also not have such high negs then who knows.

Everything considered I think there was a slight mandate to get rid of Brock and company at least or now.   

"I wrote a piece for Pat's site called skip the endzone dance that didn't go over very well"

Where was this?  I would like to see .

End zone dance.  There is one problem:  there is a flag down on the play, but we will have to wait for months or more to see what the call is..... :wink:

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The Cognitive Dissonance of His Glibness, Obama's 'accomplishments'
« Reply #1810 on: December 29, 2016, 09:01:12 AM »
Revise and extend President Obama's accomplishments in decimating the liberal agenda with more big accomplishments:

Obama presided over the sale of 100 million guns in to private citizens in America - by continually threatening to ban them.

Pres. Obama had a hand in reelecting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, advancing peace through strength, by openly opposing his reelection.

Electing Donald Trump, couldn't have done it without him.  We will get a wall, a fence and some immigration sanity for the explicit reason that President Obama refused to do it and showed us the ocnsequences.

VP Joe Biden said President Obama's biggest accomplishment was ending the war in Iraq.  Surrender equals victory is the name of this thread, cognitive dissonance of the glibness.  Maybe our future readiness against ISIS and Islamic extremism will be Obama's biggest achievement, for bringing it out where we can see it.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: December 29, 2016, 09:28:30 AM »
IF Trump did not have such high negatives I think he would have blown Brock and Hillary out of the water.
OTOH if Hillary did also not have such high negs then who knows.
Everything considered I think there was a slight mandate to get rid of Brock and company at least or now.   

Right, the defects and negatives of the two of them were the stories of the campaign but underlying that was that America very typically changes course after two failed terms.  Because Obama approval polls above 50%, his failure was hard to measure, but plenty of other measures tell us America was unimpressed by his Presidency.

"I wrote a piece for Pat's site called skip the endzone dance that didn't go over very well"
Where was this?  I would like to see.

It looked a lot like this:  http://dogbrothers.com/phpBB2/index.php?topic=1736.msg99707#msg99707
http://www.spartareport.com/2016/11/way-forward-no-end-zone-dance-just-work/?yop_poll_tr_id=&yop-poll-nonce-23_yp582dd683773d4=a7b3ba56cc

It got some scathing comments but I stand by every word of it.  Like when we took the House, took the Senate, change is possible and might or might not happen.  So far none of it has happened.  That isn't a slam on anybody, just a reality check on where we are.  Surviving the repeal and replace of Obamacare is a big deal.  Tax reform.  Getting a great nominee on the Supreme Court is a big deal, hasn't happened yet.  Staying in power to do a second and third pick is a big deal.  We haven't begun...

My previous submissions,  they were all posted here first in the proper threads:    )
http://www.spartareport.com/2016/06/janet-yellen-fed-banking-monetary-policy/
http://www.spartareport.com/2016/09/fact-checking-hillary/

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: January 01, 2017, 08:38:55 AM »
I am not sure I agree with the comparison to LBJ and I really get concerned when people on the right make claims that the LEFT is decimated.   OK may Repubs have made gains with political positions but I do not see a sea tide change in  the national consciousness towards conservatism. 

The election could EASILY have gone the other way and we would all be ringing our hands about the demise of the Republican Party and conservatism.  Yet the article is a worth while though provoking exercise:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/443434/barack-obama-record-lyndon-johnson-failures

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Res ipsa loquitor
« Reply #1816 on: January 04, 2017, 08:23:02 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/01/04/president-obama-awards-himself-distinguished-public-service-medal/

Well, at least it's as well deserved as his Nobel Peace Prize.  :roll:

I guess he couldn't figure out how to award himself the medal of honor.

#DEVALUED_AWARDS

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: January 05, 2017, 05:13:56 AM »
It's like the celebrities who soak the public for more money giving themselves awards and telling the world how great and brilliant they all are such as the God knows how  many music award shows.

Obama can certainly go down in history as the most obnoxious President.   He is also planning on being the most obnoxious ex prez that is obvious.

I have to be honest though - I hope Trump doesn't follow suit.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: January 05, 2017, 11:53:18 AM »
I've gotten some feedback on the Obama self-award piece by Breitbart.

Apparently this is SOP, even Bush 43 got this award.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: January 05, 2017, 01:46:40 PM »
"Apparently this is SOP, even Bush 43 got this award."

Oh.   

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Build that wall!
« Reply #1820 on: January 09, 2017, 08:02:28 AM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
The *ONE*
« Reply #1821 on: January 10, 2017, 05:58:08 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politics/obama-farewell-address/

Like Marc Levin was saying last night there is no need to listen.
We know how the speech will go

I.......(fill in blank)  and repeat 50 times
Everything is better...... (fill in the rest)
warning on "hate"

The usual buzz words

"diversity"
"arc of history"
"the notion that" (anything the Republicans believe in)
"who we are" ( we are supposed to be globalists)

and then at end add another 50 or so "I"s

And I might add no need to listen to the MSM fawn all over his speech and their blatant and latent hostility to Trump and anything Republican (except for useful idiots like Graham and McCain)

And for good measure no one should think for one second this guy will go away.  We will continue to be lectured till he is dead which will be long after me.  If the hope and change is NOT HIS brand then  it is wrong .
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 06:01:23 AM by ccp »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The *ONE*, farewell address
« Reply #1822 on: January 11, 2017, 08:36:58 AM »
We can look back and admit this President brought joy to all Americans.  For half the country, when he entered the Oval Office, and for the rest, when he leaves.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: January 11, 2017, 11:50:14 AM »
"We can look back and admit this President brought joy to all Americans.  For half the country, when he entered the Oval Office, and for the rest, when he leaves."

:-D

For all the country he is remembered as the first Black President.
For one half the country he is remembered less for that than for being the first Marxist President who truly did not like America . 

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: January 11, 2017, 12:01:32 PM »
From my previous post:

"I.......(fill in blank)  and repeat 50 times"

This is without question the first time I underestimated him (narcissism) :

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/10/obama-refers-to-himself-75-times-in-farewell-address/

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Biden the Great wins award from no less Obama
« Reply #1825 on: January 12, 2017, 02:53:25 PM »
Does an award mean much when given to you in this fashion/  And the only one "with distinction" WOW.  More self congratulations from the *ONE " to his  right hand guy:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/obama-biden-presidential-medal-of-freedom_us_5877ea9ee4b0b3c7a7b05958

Pols given the award:
From wikipedia  (32 of 46 given out by Clinton and Obama since 1964); Ethel Kennedy - LOL

Politics and government[edit]
Activism
Recipient   Year   President   Notes
Arnold Aronson       1998   Bill Clinton   
Roger Nash Baldwin   1981   Ronald Reagan   
Oscar Elias Biscet   2007   George W. Bush   
Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr.   2017   Barack Obama   Awarded with Distinction.
James Chaney           2014   Barack Obama   Posthumously[16]
César Chávez           1994   Bill Clinton   Posthumously
Elouise Cobell           2016   Barack Obama   Posthumously[9]
Justin Whitlock Dart, Jr.   1998   Bill Clinton   
Evelyn Dubrow           1999   Bill Clinton   
Marian Wright Edelman  2000   Bill Clinton   [43]
James L. Farmer, Jr.   1998   Bill Clinton   
Billy Frank, Jr.           2015   Barack Obama   Posthumously[21]
Hector Garcia           1984   Ronald Reagan   [44]
Andrew Goodman   2014   Barack Obama   Posthumously[16]
Suzan Shown Harjo   2014   Barack Obama   [16]
Dorothy Height           1994   Bill Clinton   
George G. Higgins   2000   Bill Clinton   
Gordon Hirabayashi   2012   Barack Obama   Posthumously [26]
Benjamin Hooks           2007   George W. Bush   
Dolores Huerta           2012   Barack Obama   [26]
Rev. Jesse Jackson   2000   Bill Clinton   
Millie Jeffrey           2000   Bill Clinton   
Helen Keller           1964   Lyndon B. Johnson   
Ethel Kennedy           2014   Barack Obama   [16]
Martin Luther King, Jr.   1977   Jimmy Carter   Posthumously
Fred Korematsu       1998   Bill Clinton   
Mary Lasker           1969   Richard Nixon   
Rev. Joseph Lowery   2009   Barack Obama   [15]
Sylvia Mendez           2011   Barack Obama   [4]
Harvey Milk           2009   Barack Obama   Posthumously [15]
Clarence M. Mitchell   1980   Jimmy Carter   
Mario G. Obledo           1998   Bill Clinton   
Rosa Parks                   1996   Bill Clinton   
Esther Peterson           1981   Jimmy Carter   
Bayard Rustin           2013   Barack Obama   Posthumously [29]
Ginetta Sagan           1996   Bill Clinton   
Michael Schwerner   2014   Barack Obama   Posthumously[16]
Natan Sharansky           2006   George W. Bush   
Gloria Steinem           2013   Barack Obama   [29]
William C. Velasquez   1995   Bill Clinton   Posthumously
Cordy Tindell "C.T." Vivian   2013   Barack Obama   [29]
Lech Wałęsa           1989   George H.W. Bush   
Roy Wilkins           1967   Lyndon B. Johnson   
Minoru Yasui           2015   Barack Obama   Posthumously[21]
Andrew Young           1981   Ronald Reagan   
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 02:55:43 PM by ccp »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Biden the Great wins award from no less Obama
« Reply #1826 on: January 12, 2017, 06:43:35 PM »
Does an award mean much when given to you in this fashion/  And the only one "with distinction" WOW.  More self congratulations from the *ONE " to his  right hand guy:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/obama-biden-presidential-medal-of-freedom_us_5877ea9ee4b0b3c7a7b05958

Pols given the award:
From wikipedia  (32 of 46 given out by Clinton and Obama since 1964); Ethel Kennedy - LOL

Activism

César Chávez           1994   Bill Clinton   Posthumously

I'm a big fan of his opposition to illegal aliens. Note that the left has cut this from it's official history, like the Soviets used to trim purged officials from pictures.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/cesar-chavezs-rabid-opposition-to-illegal-immigration-not-covered-in-new-movie-6643666

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Biden the Great wins award from no less Obama
« Reply #1827 on: January 12, 2017, 07:10:00 PM »

He had to give him something after this...

Pols given the award:

Activism

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: January 12, 2017, 07:33:41 PM »
"You may have heard that Chavez preached against illegal immigration, but "The Crusades of Cesar Chavez" by Miriam Pawel, a new book released in timely fashion this month by Bloomsbury Press, has the iconic Hispanic hero sounding at times like a typical nativist bigot and acting like a right-wing militia member."

Of course , we can't have our union hero sounding like a typical nativist bigot or right wing jerk - can we?

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: January 14, 2017, 04:47:29 AM »
WE all know this but unfortunately Obama got away with and will continue to do so till his last second in office
The MSM will not hold him accountable like they did with Nixon.  The Republicans should just shut the present investigations down or at least replace the investigators with real objective non partisans.
But I am not holding my breawth:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/443845/obama-justice-department-political

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Biden!
« Reply #1830 on: January 14, 2017, 09:41:41 PM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
naricisstic personality disorder
« Reply #1831 on: January 16, 2017, 10:59:22 AM »
True to form from someone with a personality disorder is the total lack of any responsibility.  It is always someone else's fault:

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/01/15/obama-corrosive-nature-of-talk-radio-fake-news-has-ruined-democracy/

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Cognitive Dissonance of His Glibness, Back of the queue, Front of the queue
« Reply #1832 on: January 16, 2017, 06:43:14 PM »
Nothing says Glibness like when President Obama told Great Britain it "could get in the back of the queue", parenthesis, go to hell, regarding new trade deals while he lost another, after his Netanyahu loss, foreign elections that he tried to interfere with.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/apr/22/barack-obama-brexit-uk-back-of-queue-for-trade-talks

That verbal atrocity went by largely unnoticed but really should go in his top ten gaffe list right along side of 'tell Vladimir I'll have more flexibility after my reelection'.

Even trade-skeptic Donald Trump recognizes the value of relations with our closest ally, the United Kingdom, a nuclear power and ally in almost every war.  Front of the queue, says his successor, "I think we’re gonna get something done very quickly".
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-to-meet-uk-prime-minister-may-about-u.s.-u.k.-trade-pact/article/2611932

Guess which one they call immature...

Foreign policy isn't all rocket science (or wishful thinking).  Some of it is common sense.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Cognitive Dissonance of His Glibness, Back of the queue, Front of the queue
« Reply #1833 on: January 16, 2017, 08:01:36 PM »
Nothing says Glibness like when President Obama told Great Britain it "could get in the back of the queue", parenthesis, go to hell, regarding new trade deals while he lost another, after his Netanyahu loss, foreign elections that he tried to interfere with.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/apr/22/barack-obama-brexit-uk-back-of-queue-for-trade-talks

That verbal atrocity went by largely unnoticed but really should go in his top ten gaffe list right along side of 'tell Vladimir I'll have more flexibility after my reelection'.

Even trade-skeptic Donald Trump recognizes the value of relations with our closest ally, the United Kingdom, a nuclear power and ally in almost every war.  Front of the queue, says his successor, "I think we’re gonna get something done very quickly".
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-to-meet-uk-prime-minister-may-about-u.s.-u.k.-trade-pact/article/2611932

Guess which one they call immature...

Foreign policy isn't all rocket science (or wishful thinking).  Some of it is common sense.

Doing a better job than the affirmative action president isn't a high bar.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: January 19, 2017, 07:49:53 AM »
When Reagan bombed Khadaffi's house aroun '86 no one with a mind would question his motives

But this ?  The day he is walking out the door!  Oh but he "gave the order several days ago"...

This guy has certainly been one of the most cynical Presidents in my lifetime if not ever:

http://abc7chicago.com/news/b-2-bombers-strike-isis-camps-in-libya/1710009/

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: January 19, 2017, 08:02:23 AM »
When Reagan bombed Khadaffi's house aroun '86 no one with a mind would question his motives

But this ?  The day he is walking out the door!  Oh but he "gave the order several days ago"...
This guy has certainly been one of the most cynical Presidents in my lifetime if not ever:
http://abc7chicago.com/news/b-2-bombers-strike-isis-camps-in-libya/1710009/

He fully earned our distrust.  Other than that, he should be acting as President and Commander in Chief from the first to the last day of his Presidency.

Maybe the enemy has its guard down in the changeover of power.

What bothers me the most is that he tries to govern the time after his Presidency with new rules especially on the private sector enacted at the very end.  All Obama Executive Orders should be rescinded and put back through Congress - where they belong.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: January 19, 2017, 08:32:10 AM »
Hi Doug.

"Maybe the enemy has its guard down in the changeover of power."

Like smart criminals, they always have their outs handy don't they?

This is just too coincidental for me. 
They must know where all their training camps are by now. 

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
The Left: Obama is JFK
« Reply #1838 on: January 20, 2017, 06:53:30 AM »
The way the Left idolizes Obama is like the way they have elevated JFK to sainthood .   I think the comparison is a good one.

The Right and most historians (at least the  few real objective ones ) will agree he is more like Jimmy Carter then JFK. 

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/444036/barack-obama-legacy-next-jfk

Will Obama remain mostly silent about his successor and political affairs like his predecessors or be making his professorial opinions known often?  I suspect the LEFt will be asking for his opinion at every turn.  AT least till they find their next "ONE".

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
back to community organizing with billiionaire backers
« Reply #1839 on: January 24, 2017, 11:26:33 AM »
Ever the community organizer.  They aren't going away.  Branson has Michelle on his island to plot the globalist elite's next moves.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/barack-michelle-obama-pop-havent-191806787.html

http://viconsortium.com/bvi/president-obama-wife-vacationing-british-virgin-islands/

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: January 30, 2017, 04:03:48 PM »
I guess this thread will continue for as long as I live:

"I am surprised it too him this long to speak out"

"he is psychologically incapable [of keeping his big mouth shut]

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/obama-already-retirement/

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: February 01, 2017, 11:28:09 AM »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Cognitive Dissonance of His Glibness - Scandal free administration is a myth
« Reply #1842 on: February 09, 2017, 12:55:44 PM »
This thread imight be the bestt documentary on the internet for tracking the eight lost years of Obama.  I want to make sure we conclude it with the best recaps of what went (right?? and) wrong.  Our job as I see it is to fill in the missing gaps of the 'mainstream' coverage.  Here is a good, succinct shot at that:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/obamas-scandal-free-administration-is-a-myth-1484611574

Mr. Obama has presided over some of the worst scandals of any president in recent decades. Here’s a partial list:
• State Department email. In an effort to evade federal open-records laws, Mr. Obama’s first secretary of state set up a private server, which she used exclusively to conduct official business, including communications with the president and the transmission of classified material. A federal criminal investigation produced no charges, but FBI Director James Comey reported that the secretary and her colleagues “were extremely careless” in handling national secrets.

• Operation Fast and Furious. The Obama Justice Department lost track of thousands of guns it had allowed to pass into the hands of suspected smugglers, in the hope of tracing them to Mexican drug cartels. One of the guns was used in the fatal 2010 shooting of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry. Congress held then-Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt when he refused to turn over documents about the operation.

• IRS abuses. Mr. Obama’s Internal Revenue Service did something Richard Nixon only dreamed of doing: It successfully targeted political opponents. The Justice Department then refused to enforce Congress’s contempt citation against the IRS’s Lois Lerner, who refused to answer questions about her agency’s misconduct.

• Benghazi. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three others were killed in the attack on a U.S. diplomatic compound in Libya. With less than two months to go before the 2012 election, the State Department falsely claimed the attack was not a terrorist attack but a reaction to an anti-Muslim film. Emails from the secretary later showed that she knew the attack was terrorism. Justice Department prosecutors even convinced a magistrate judge to jail the filmmaker.

• Hacking. Mr. Obama presided over the biggest data breach in the federal government’s history, at the Office of Personnel Management. The hack exposed the personnel files of millions of federal employees and may end up being used for everything from identity theft to blackmail and espionage. OPM Director Katherine Archuleta, the president’s former political director, had been warned repeatedly about security deficiencies but took no steps to fix them.

• Veterans Affairs. At least 40 U.S. veterans died waiting for appointments at a Phoenix VA facility, many of whom had been on a secret waiting list—part of an effort to conceal that between 1,400 and 1,600 veterans were forced to wait months for appointments. A 2014 internal VA audit found “57,436 newly enrolled veterans facing a minimum 90-day wait for medical care; 63,869 veterans who enrolled over the past decade requesting an appointment that never happened.” Even Mr. Obama admitted, in a November 2016 press conference, that “it was scandalous what happened”—though minutes earlier he boasted that “we will—knock on wood—leave this administration without significant scandal.”

All of these scandals were accompanied by a lack of transparency so severe that 47 of Mr. Obama’s 73 inspectors general signed an open letter in 2014 decrying the administration’s stonewalling of their investigations.

One reason for Mr. Obama’s penchant for secrecy is his habit of breaking rules—from not informing Congress of the dubious prisoner swap involving Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl and the Taliban, to violating restrictions on cash transfers to Iran as part of a hostage-release deal.
The president’s journalistic allies are happily echoing the “scandal-free” myth.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 01:53:07 PM by DougMacG »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
We all new he was not going to be gracious like every former President
« Reply #1843 on: February 11, 2017, 02:14:12 PM »
We have never had an ex president who is actively working to undermine an elected later President, but we new THIS guy was gong to keep trying to shove his opinions down the country's throat one way or another.  Yeah right a Constitutional professor:

http://nypost.com/2017/02/11/how-obama-is-scheming-to-sabotage-trumps-presidency/

Don't think for a minute these groups are just bribing White Insiders for information.  Bezos , Obama and Soros are likely funding and organizing total eavesdropping on Trump.  I bet he can't even go to the BR without this getting out.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Cognitive Dissonance of His Glibness, book deal, tens of millions
« Reply #1844 on: March 01, 2017, 12:59:38 PM »
I can't believe he would sell his experience serving the American people for massive, personal financial gain, just kidding.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/321679-barack-and-michelle-obama-sign-book-deals

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: March 01, 2017, 01:58:26 PM »
Doug ,

Did you hear Rush's take on it.  He believes that someone MUST have fronted the money to insure that no matter what they will be able to claim it was a huge seller.

If Trump can fulfill half of what he hopes Obama's book will not make a dime.  I mean I don't recall anyone rushing out to buy a book on Jimmy Carter.

:evil:

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: March 02, 2017, 04:36:55 AM »
Doug , if interested you can go to the 1.24.57 ish time marker and hear Rushes thoughts on the matter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T06G5xxfw_U

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: March 02, 2017, 03:44:33 PM »
The first communist President and now the first one NOT to leave us alone.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: March 03, 2017, 05:59:30 AM »
I think there is something to this idea.  There is something very wrong with an ex President using his connections and soon to be fortune to undermine a successor.  Yes I know he is now a "private" citizen who has a right to voice his opinion and work for his causes but this to me is beyond that and very disturbing that we may have an ex Prez working hard to bring down a successor that won a free election fair and square:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/03/mark-levin-obama-used-police-state-tactics-undermine-trump/

, , ,

Drawing on sources including the New York Times and the Washington Post, Levin described the case against Obama so far, based on what is already publicly known. The following is an expanded version of that case, including events that Levin did not mention specifically but are important to the overall timeline.

1. June 2016: FISA request. The Obama administration files a request with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISA) to monitor communications involving Donald Trump and several advisers. The request, uncharacteristically, is denied.

2. July: Russia joke. Wikileaks releases emails from the Democratic National Committee that show an effort to prevent Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) from winning the presidential nomination. In a press conference, Donald Trump refers to Hillary Clinton’s own missing emails, joking: “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 e-mails that are missing.” That remark becomes the basis for accusations by Clinton and the media that Trump invited further hacking.

3. October: Podesta emails. In October, Wikileaks releases the emails of Clinton campaign chair John Podesta, rolling out batches every day until the election, creating new mini-scandals. The Clinton campaign blames Trump and the Russians.

4. October: FISA request. The Obama administration submits a new, narrow request to the FISA court, now focused on a computer server in Trump Tower suspected of links to Russian banks. No evidence is found — but the wiretaps continue, ostensibly for national security reasons, Andrew McCarthy at National Review later notes. The Obama administration is now monitoring an opposing presidential campaign using the high-tech surveillance powers of the federal intelligence services.

5. January 2017: Buzzfeed/CNN dossier. Buzzfeed releases, and CNN reports, a supposed intelligence “dossier” compiled by a foreign former spy. It purports to show continuous contact between Russia and the Trump campaign, and says that the Russians have compromising information about Trump. None of the allegations can be verified and some are proven false. Several media outlets claim that they had been aware of the dossier for months and that it had been circulating in Washington.

6. January: Obama expands NSA sharing. As Michael Walsh later notes, and as the New York Times reports, the outgoing Obama administration “expanded the power of the National Security Agency to share globally intercepted personal communications with the government’s 16 other intelligence agencies before applying privacy protections.” The new powers, and reduced protections, could make it easier for intelligence on private citizens to be circulated improperly or leaked.

7. January: Times report. The New York Times reports, on the eve of Inauguration Day, that several agencies — the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Treasury Department are monitoring several associates of the Trump campaign suspected of Russian ties. Other news outlets also report the exisentence of “a multiagency working group to coordinate investigations across the government,” though it is unclear how they found out, since the investigations would have been secret and involved classified information.

8. February: Mike Flynn scandal. Reports emerge that the FBI intercepted a conversation in 2016 between future National Security Adviser Michael Flynn — then a private citizen — and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak. The intercept supposedly was  part of routine spying on the ambassador, not monitoring of the Trump campaign. The FBI transcripts reportedly show the two discussing Obama’s newly-imposed sanctions on Russia, though Flynn earlier denied discussing them. Sally Yates, whom Trump would later fire as acting Attorney General for insubordination, is involved in the investigation. In the end, Flynn resigns over having misled Vice President Mike Pence (perhaps inadvertently) about the content of the conversation.

9. February: Times claims extensive Russian contacts. The New York Times cites “four current and former American officials” in reporting that the Trump campaign had “repeated contacts with senior Russian intelligence officials. The Trump campaign denies the claims — and the Times admits that there is “no evidence” of coordination between the campaign and the Russians. The White House and some congressional Republicans begin to raise questions about illegal intelligence leaks.

10. March: the Washington Post targets Jeff Sessions. The Washington Post reports that Attorney General Jeff Sessions had contact twice with the Russian ambassador during the campaign — once at a Heritage Foundation event and once at a meeting in Sessions’s Senate office. The Post suggests that the two meetings contradict Sessions’s testimony at his confirmation hearings that he had no contacts with the Russians, though in context (not presented by the Post) it was clear he meant in his capacity as a campaign surrogate, and that he was responding to claims in the “dossier” of ongoing contacts. The New York Times, in covering the story, adds that the Obama White House “rushed to preserve” intelligence related to alleged Russian links with the Trump campaign. By “preserve” it really means “disseminate”: officials spread evidence throughout other government agencies “to leave a clear trail of intelligence for government investigators” and perhaps the media as well.

In summary: the Obama administration sought, and eventually obtained, authorization to eavesdrop on the Trump campaign; continued monitoring the Trump team even when no evidence of wrongdoing was found; then relaxed the NSA rules to allow evidence to be shared widely within the government, virtually ensuring that the information, including the conversations of private citizens, would be leaked to the media.

Levin called the effort a “silent coup” by the Obama administration and demanded that it be investigated.

In addition, Levin castigated Republicans in Congress for focusing their attention on Trump and Attorney General Sessions rather than Obama.

Joel B. Pollak is Senior Editor-at-Large at Breitbart News.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 09:04:55 AM by Crafty_Dog »