Author Topic: The Way forward for Republican party  (Read 53623 times)

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
the vodka pundit
« Reply #252 on: February 07, 2023, 06:15:05 AM »
anyone sign up for this:

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2023/02/06/youre-invited-to-a-very-special-event-that-i-may-or-may-not-survive-n1668324

like the Russians we can got rip roaring trashed - until its time to fight
it makes the observations of what the Left is doing more bearable

I recall reading in 'Young Stalin' that he grew up in a dirt poor tiny town .
The adults would get rip roaring drunk then go out onto the dirt streets and beat the hell out of each other for fun.

they would have made great stick fighters  :-D

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
NRO: Putin or Reagan?
« Reply #253 on: February 20, 2023, 07:24:09 PM »
The Reagan Republicans Take On the Putin Apologists

Left: Sen. Tom Cotton (R., Ark.) speaks during a Senate Intelligence Committee nomination hearing in Washington, D.C., May 5, 2020. Right: Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R., Ga.) gestures as she speaks at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Orlando, Fla., February 26, 2022. (Andrew Harnik, Marco Bello/Reuters)
610 Comments
Listen to article
By ROBERT ZUBRIN
February 19, 2023 6:30 AM
The battle for the soul of the GOP is joined.
The Biden administration’s foreign policy has been a disaster. By implementing former president Donald Trump’s plan to desert Afghanistan, President Biden not only delivered 20 million Afghan women and girls into Taliban slavery and handed control of Central Asia to the Russia–China axis, he sent a signal of weakness that invited anti-Western aggression everywhere. Within a month of America’s self-imposed rout from Kabul, Russian dictator Vladimir Putin began assembling forces to invade Ukraine.

Biden not only refused to deter Russian forces by sending arms to Ukraine, but he publicly assured Putin that the U.S. would not intervene if he attacked. Then, with the war underway, Biden decided to help Ukraine by sending arms, but only in limited numbers by the slowest means possible, with no training done in advance to prepare future options. With decisive combat pending this spring, the administration decided to send all of 30 Abrams tanks to Ukraine — but not even take them out of the thousands we have stationed right now on the continental U.S. Instead, new ones will be built, with delivery scheduled for next year. The administration could readily meet Ukraine’s desperate need for long-range missiles by sending 300-kilometer-range ATACMS, which pack a 500-pound-warhead punch, some 4,000 of which are available now. But instead, the administration has decided to send inferior GLSDB missiles, which offer half the punch and half the range, and which, most critically, have not yet been produced in quantity, and consequently won’t be available in time for the action. The administration also has stalled on delivering anti-aircraft defenses and still is refusing to provide Ukraine with the F-16 fighters it vitally needs.

Vladimir Putin says his invasion of Ukraine is a war against the Western alliance. Biden’s policy would let him win.

TOP STORIES
Biden’s Secret Trip to Kyiv Took Guts
Founder James O’Keefe Claims Project Veritas Ouster Linked to Pfizer Sting in Farewell to Staff
Who Did This to John Fetterman?
Joe Biden Is the Brezhnev of DEI
Cheer Up, Pro-lifers
No ‘Blank Check’: Ron DeSantis Enters the Ukraine Debate
Under ordinary circumstances, such fecklessness of a president to fulfill his most important duty would lead to political disaster. But Biden has been able to get away with it because many of the most vocal Republicans have attacked Biden’s weak efforts to defend the West against Putin as being too strong.

Leading the pack of Putin Republicans has been Trump himself, who has recited the Kremlin line that America forced Russia to invade, while publicly denouncing Biden’s decision to send even the pitiful tank reinforcement he has proposed. Following their leader, Putin Republicans in Congress, led by Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.) and Matt Gaetz (Fla.), have called for stopping all U.S. arms shipments to Ukraine, a step that would guarantee a Kremlin victory. With such outright defeatists set up as his nominal opposition, any half-hearted measures that Biden might take to defend the West can only look superb by comparison.

But now, finally, the Reagan Republicans are speaking up. In an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal on February 7, Senator Tom Cotton (R., Ark.) attacked the Biden administration for its refusal to provide adequate arms to Ukraine. “The Ukrainians stood their ground and fought,” Cotton wrote. “Yet Mr. Biden has dragged his feet all along, hesitating fearfully to send the Ukrainians the weapons and intelligence they need to win. Today, Mr. Biden stubbornly refuses to provide fighter jets, cluster munitions and long-range missiles to Ukraine. As a result of Mr. Biden’s half-measures, Ukraine has only half-succeeded. We should back Ukraine to the hilt . . . We act to protect our vital national interests. That’s the case in Ukraine, and we deserve a strategy of victory to match.”

More on
REPUBLICANS

Cheer Up, Pro-lifers
James Carville Calls GOP Reaction to Biden’s SOTU ‘Real White Trash on Display’
2024 Is Make or Break for the Senate GOP
Other Republican senators have joined the fray making similar points.

It’s true that for some time there has been a disconnect between the policy offered by the Reagan Republicans in the Senate and the Putin Republicans who, through their loud antics, have come to be regarded by many as representing the voice of the GOP in the House. But now, with former South Carolina governor Nikki Haley entering into direct contention against Trump for the Republican presidential nomination, the issue can no longer be ducked.

Haley is a hard-line voice for Western victory in Ukraine. In an interview with Fox on February 15, Haley called for sending fighter jets to Ukraine and attacked Biden’s secretary of state, Antony Blinken, for his defeatism. On February 16, she amplified this on NBC, saying, “This is not a war for Ukraine; this is a war for freedom. We need to give Ukraine everything they need to win.”

Haley’s clear stance on Ukraine elevates her challenge to Trump to a fight over fundamental issues. Likely candidate Ron DeSantis has been keeping silent on where he stands concerning Ukraine, but the job of the president is to serve as commander in chief, not supervisor of Disney World. If DeSantis is going to stand for anything, he will have to decide which side he is on. There can be no bridging the gap between the Reagan Republicans and the Putin Republicans. Nor is there any middle ground. The GOP can be the Party of Reagan or the Party of Putin. It can’t be both.

The Reagan Republicans now have a standard-bearer. Let the battle begin.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The Way forward for Republican party
« Reply #254 on: February 21, 2023, 09:26:54 AM »
"The Reagan Republicans now have a standard-bearer. Let the battle begin."

very interesting comparison

I don't quite see it.
Most today would compare her more to Romney or even McCain -  A rino

OTOH would we call Reagan a rino today? 

I like What Nikki has been saying lately - long way to go to convince me though
If the choice for Repubs was between Trump and her I would have to choose Trump .
Between her and Desantis - DeSantis .

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 22, 2023, 05:02:58 AM »
I will be paying attention to him #Vivek Ramaswamy

https://twitter.com/i/status/1628270281591513088

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 22, 2023, 06:57:36 AM »
I will be paying attention to him #Vivek Ramaswamy

https://twitter.com/i/status/1628270281591513088

Great post ya. He's new to me.  I've been saying the table is set like never before for a new, real leader to emerge.   The others better raise their game.  Trump's pettiness doesn't stand up to this.
-----
WSJ:

Why I’m Running for President
America has lost sight of the ideals that made it great—freedom and merit foremost among them.
By Vivek Ramaswamy
Feb. 21, 2023 8:00 pm ET

America is in the midst of a national identity crisis. We hunger for purpose at a moment when faith, patriotism and hard work are on the decline. We embrace secular religions like climatism, Covidism and gender ideology to satisfy our need for meaning, yet we can’t answer what it means to be an American.

The Republican Party’s top priority should be to fill this void with an inspiring national identity that dilutes the woke agenda to irrelevance. Instead, many top Republicans recite slogans they memorized in 1980 or criticize left-wing culture without offering an alternative. To put America first, we need to rediscover what America is. That’s why I am running for president. I am launching not only a political campaign but a cultural movement to create a new American Dream—one that is not only about money but about the unapologetic pursuit of excellence.

It may seem presumptuous for a 37-year-old political outsider to pursue the highest office in the land, but I am running on a vision for our nation—one that revives merit in every sphere of American life.

We must restore merit for who gets to come to America. My parents entered this country legally, worked hard and raised two kids who went on to create businesses that improved the lives of thousands of Americans. We need more immigrants like them, instead of those who break the law when they enter our country. That means securing the border unapologetically and eliminating lottery-based immigration in favor of meritocratic admission.

We must embrace merit in who gets to succeed in America. The Supreme Court appears poised to overturn racial preferences in college admissions. As president I will eliminate affirmative action across the American economy. Lyndon B. Johnson’s Executive Order 11246 mandates that federal contractors—which employ approximately 20% of the U.S. workforce—adopt race-based hiring preferences. Top companies now regularly disfavor qualified applicants who happen to be white or Asian-American, which spawns resentment and condescension toward black and Hispanic hires. I will rescind this executive order and direct the Justice Department to prosecute illegal race-based preferences.

We must revive merit in who gets to govern in America. Democracy depends on a simple principle: The people we elect to run the government must be the people who actually run the government. The next time unelected bureaucrats like Anthony Fauci or Merrick Garland reach beyond their legal scope, I commit to doing what the president is constitutionally empowered to do: fire them. I will repeal civil-service protections for federal employees, by executive order if necessary, and replace these managerial protections with sunset clauses. If the president can’t hold his position for more than eight years, neither should most bureaucrats. I will call on Congress to repeal or amend the 1974 Impoundment Control Act and will stop funding agencies that waste money or have outlived their purpose. I will shut down agencies that can’t be reformed and create new ones built from scratch to replace them.

We must restore merit in determining which ideas win in America. The best ideas are born when no ideas are censored. Yet our government pressures technology companies to censor disfavored political speech and gives them special protections to carry it out. Internet companies are bound by the First Amendment when they act in concert with state actors. As Elon Musk did at Twitter, I will release the “state action files” from the federal government—publicly exposing every known instance in which bureaucrats have wrongfully pressured companies to take constitutionally prohibited actions.

Viewpoint censorship extends beyond the internet and pervades our economy. If you can’t fire someone for being black, gay or Muslim, you shouldn’t be able to fire someone for his political speech. I will work with Congress to enshrine political expression as an American civil right, and I will enforce existing civil-rights laws to protect workers from invidious viewpoint discrimination. The federal prohibition on religious discrimination forbids employers from forcing employees to bow down to any religion, including secular ones as defined by the Supreme Court in U.S. v. Seeger (1965) and Torcaso v. Watkins (1961). The modern woke agenda in much of corporate America fits that bill.

Once we revive our national identity around shared principles, we can muster the fortitude needed to defeat the greatest external threat to America: the rise of communist China. Unlike the Soviet Union in 1980, China today powers the modern American way of life. We must declare economic independence.

We must reclaim global energy leadership by rejecting the demands of a new climate religion that shackles the U.S. and leaves China untouched. We must achieve semiconductor self-sufficiency while vigorously protecting Taiwan. We should prohibit kids under 16 from using TikTok. We must use financial levers to hold China accountable for spawning the Covid-19 pandemic. We must even be willing to bar U.S. companies from expanding into China until its government abandons theft and other mercantilist tactics.

We can rise to this occasion if we rediscover who we really are. America’s strength isn’t our diversity but the ideals that unify us across our differences. These ideals won the American Revolution, reunited us after the Civil War, won two World Wars and the Cold War. They still give hope to the free world. If we can revive them, nothing will defeat us.

Mr. Ramaswamy is a co-founder of Strive Asset Management and author, most recently, of “Nation of Victims: Identity Politics,

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 26, 2023, 07:47:13 AM »
A Bad Start for the GOP in 2023
Tester in Montana, high turnout in Wisconsin, and a Virginia blowout.
By The Editorial BoardFollow
Feb. 24, 2023 6:28 pm ET

SAVE

PRINT

TEXT
State Sen. Jennifer McClellan D-Richmond celebrates at her election party after winning the seat for Virginia's 4th Congressional District on Tuesday, Feb. 21.
PHOTO: JOHN C. CLARK/ASSOCIATED PRESS

Being the opposition party can have its political advantages, but if Republicans are hoping for victory next year, they might want to look around. Montana Sen. Jon Tester said this week that he’ll run for re-election in 2024, meaning no open race there to boost the GOP’s chances of taking the state and the Senate majority.

OPINION: POTOMAC WATCH
WSJ Opinion Potomac Watch
The Trump Grand Juror Who Won't Quit Talking

SUBSCRIBE
Wisconsin’s primary Tuesday, with state Supreme Court candidates on the ballot, brought record turnout of nearly 21% of the voting-age population, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Compare that with 16% for a similar primary in 2020 and 12% for one in 2018. This could signal that abortion is still spurring Democrats to the polls, and the effect from the Supreme Court’s overturning of Roe v. Wade last year hasn’t entirely faded.

Speaker Kevin McCarthy can’t get complacent either in that big office with that big gavel. The House majority in 2024 is a jump ball, according to the initial analysis by Larry Sabato’s shop at the University of Virginia’s Center for Politics. The way they run the data, 44 seats are highly competitive, either tossups or districts that lean slightly one way. Of that group, 20 seats are held by Republicans and 24 by Democrats.

Also Tuesday was a special House election in Virginia’s 4th District, held to replace the late Rep. Donald McEachin. This is not a competitive seat, and the victory by Democrat Jennifer McClellan was no surprise. But she won by almost 50 points, 74% to 26%. It’s a striking margin because McEachin, as the incumbent, won re-election last year by only 30 points, 65%-35%.

NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP

Morning Editorial Report

All the day's Opinion headlines.

Preview

Subscribed
Early omens aren’t predictive, and it’s a political eternity until November 2024. But the point is that the country is closely divided, with political control decided by inches. If Republicans want to win independents, they have slightly more than a year to settle on a better message than they’ve been offering and to recruit quality candidates.

Yet the warning of last November’s washout does not seem to have reached all precincts. Last week the Michigan GOP chose as its next chair Kristina Karamo, who refused to concede in November after she lost the Secretary of State race by 14 points. “Conceding to a fraudulent person,” she said Saturday, “is agreeing with the fraud, which I will not do.”

Other losers in 2022 might try again next year, such as Kari Lake in Arizona, who’s considering a campaign for Senate. The Republican parties in both Arizona and Michigan, two swing states that could be decisive in 2024, are a mess of division and disarray. None of this bodes well for the party nominating a presidential winner in 2024, or winning either house in Congress.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 26, 2023, 09:21:45 AM »
"A Bad Start for the GOP in 2023
Tester in Montana, high turnout in Wisconsin, and a Virginia blowout."

99+% of the problem is failure to persuade.
<1% is cheat.
Must address election security but not in lieu of persuading voters.

The abortion issue has been bungled.  Never should have let the slaughter your young side escape being the extremists on the issue.

I have a representative here who gets away with the Tester act.  Talks the moderate game at home.  Votes with Omar and Pelosi in Washington.  Schumer in the case of Tester. The Tester race in Montana (all Senate races) need to be framed as for control of the Senate, like Fetterman's race.  Then there is the McConnell problem. Control of the Senate argument means putting forward the least popular politician in America. Stupid.

Also, Montana is filling up with environmentalists from California and the Pacific northwest.

If Trump and the Republicans had broken up the deep state in washington, maybe Virginia wouldn't be so deep blue.

Our work is cut out for us. So much of the agony is self infected.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 09:27:40 AM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 26, 2023, 01:13:36 PM »
Well stated!

"99+% of the problem is failure to persuade"

To which I would add-- which includes inherent flaws in how humans think-- and that the Goolag is perfectly positioned to purposefully exploit those flaws.

CAPS FOR EMPHASIS:   I WANT TO RECOMMEND TO ALL OF US HERE IN THE HIGHEST TERMS THE BOOK:  THINKING FAST & SLOW BY DANIEL KAHNEMAN-- a real paradigm shifter for me.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 27, 2023, 08:16:23 AM »
What was the Contract with America R's put forward last year that voters rejected?

Nothing.  It never happened.

Contrast that with success.  What was Newt's criteria for items on his Contract with America 1994 that worked?

Working from memory, they all were specific, they were all rooted in common sense, common values conservativism, and they all were polling at 60/40 or better.

Republicans of recent kept trying to win elections by 1%, 0.1% and by negative percent of popular vote, cf Trump 2016, Bush 2000.

Sometimes that worked.  Usually it didn't.

Reagan 1980 was a 60/40 message.  By 1984 he won by nearly a 60/40 margin, .

Newt's contract resonated similarly; they held the House for 6 cycles, 12 years,  before losing the messaging war (and the country).

DeSantis has a 60/40 message and way of governing.

He is taking on the education complex but not gay marriage, for example.  His statement on Ukraine is measured.  His launch video for national issues hits big themes, not petty personality politics.

Contrast that with what McConnell is selling in Montana for example.  Message is 99% unknown and the messenger is unliked - by all sides.  Largely self appointed

Meanwhile Democrats are selling clean environment, climate responsibility, gay etc acceptance, racial justice, and more money for everything you care about.  Without a rebuttal, THAT is the 60/40 message of our time.

Republicans better raise their game.

More of the same, leadership and messaging, means loss of elections, creed and country.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 08:19:44 AM by DougMacG »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 27, 2023, 08:20:45 AM »
What was the Contract with America R's put forward last year that voters rejected?

Nothing.  It never happened.

Contrast that with success.  What was Newt's criteria for items on his Contract with America 1994 that worked?

Working from memory, they all were specific, they were all rooted in common sense, common values conservativism, and they all were polling at 60/40 or better.

Republicans of recent kept trying to win elections by 1%, 0.1% and by negative percent of popular vote, cf Trump 2016, Bush 2000.

Sometimes that worked.  Usually it didn't.

Reagan 1980 was a 60/40 message.  By 1984 he won by nearly a 60/40 margin, .

Newt's contract resonated similarly; they held the House for 6 cycles, 12 years,  before losing the messaging war (and the country).

DeSantis has a 60/40 message and way of governing.

He is taking on the education complex but not gay marriage, for example.  His statement on Ukraine is measured.  His launch video for national issues hits big themes, not petty personality politics.

Contrast that with what McConnell is selling in Montana for example.  Message is 99% unknown and the messenger is unlocked, by all sides.

Meanwhile Democrats are selling clean environment, climate responsibility, gay etc acceptance, racial justice, and more money for everything you care about.  Without a rebuttal, THAT is the 60/40 message of our time.

Republicans better raise their game.

More of the same, leadership and messaging, means loss of elections, creed and country.

Weird how DeSantis took election security seriously and suddenly Florida went from purple to red.

https://www.cbsnews.com/miami/news/gov-desantis-announces-new-office-of-election-security-has-made-20-arrests-for-voter-fraud/

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 27, 2023, 10:24:19 AM »
Weird how he (DeSantis) had to win the war of ideas and policy in order to secure elections.

Meanwhile, Kari Lake harped endlessly about election fraud but will be making no reforms in AZ.

Maybe she should have polled vote fraud (and polled buddying with Trump) and instead won on winning issues.  Then secured the elections.

Just a thought.

Meanwhile the conservatives who sat out from voting or gave not one thin dime to the cause while getting outspent more than 10:1 counting the value of Big Tech and Big Media are also now powerless and soon freedomless.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
The weak and feckless GOP
« Reply #265 on: April 01, 2023, 05:21:53 PM »
Julie Kelly:
What’s happening in our country—especially this week—isn’t so much about the strength of the left but the cowardly incompetence of Republicans.

Democrats don’t fear GOP and for good reason. GOP caved to Mueller, refused to hold a legit trial for 1st impeachment, and cowered on every other issue.

House GOP should seize J6 surveillance video and make that and every USCP record public.

Sorry—did I miss a congressional subpoena for Nancy Pelosi?

Weak GOP on every level-federal, state, and local. That’s how we got here.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 01, 2023, 07:01:17 PM »
There are some exceptions, but on the whole I agree-- with the caveat that strength does best when guided by intelligence.  There is good reason the Reps are called "the stupid party".

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 08, 2023, 10:00:03 AM »
Voting harder!   :wink:

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 08, 2023, 10:06:29 AM »
Voting harder!   :wink:

Yeah, someone said something about moving to red states to concentrate forces.

Get back to me when the national elections aren't rigged.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 08, 2023, 10:09:27 AM »
Ummm , , , national elections are conducted State by State.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 08, 2023, 11:37:15 AM »
Ummm , , , national elections are conducted State by State.

Which is why certain swing states will magically find the votes required to fortify the election. Please see 2020 as an example.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 08, 2023, 02:24:47 PM »
This may well be turn out to be true , , , or not.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 08, 2023, 03:26:13 PM »
This may well be turn out to be true , , , or not.

Oh, did the dems and deep state pinkie promise to stop cheating?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 09, 2023, 07:17:26 AM »
My intended meaning is that we need to outvote and out litigate the cheat.  Whether we will succeed remains to be seen.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 09, 2023, 08:05:14 AM »
My intended meaning is that we need to outvote and out litigate the cheat.  Whether we will succeed remains to be seen.

You can't outvote the cheat. They will always "find" enough votes to win.

The courts, including SCOTUS refused to do their duty back in 2020 and ever since. The courts are irrelevant.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 15, 2023, 01:58:15 PM »
There is substance there.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 22, 2023, 03:27:23 PM »
personally I am on the fence

we lose either way

if we keep supporting ukraine we lose $ , weapons, neither of which we have an endless supply of

only hope is putin croaks and someone else , more amenable to some sort of compromise comes along - but then again Z says he is not open to compromise

if don't keep supporting ukraine that message will go to CCP loud and clear

I do not believe Putin is going to start rumbling his tanks through other Balkans as a result though that could be possible
result
albania next , romania , bulgaria?

I don't think he will estonia latvia lithuania or poland
after the price he paid in ukraine

either outcome we are losing in the end
and CCP gets stronger

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 22, 2023, 04:13:44 PM »

The best possible thing for Western Europe is if Putin conquered them.

personally I am on the fence

we lose either way

if we keep supporting ukraine we lose $ , weapons, neither of which we have an endless supply of

only hope is putin croaks and someone else , more amenable to some sort of compromise comes along - but then again Z says he is not open to compromise

if don't keep supporting ukraine that message will go to CCP loud and clear

I do not believe Putin is going to start rumbling his tanks through other Balkans as a result though that could be possible
result
albania next , romania , bulgaria?

I don't think he will estonia latvia lithuania or poland
after the price he paid in ukraine

either outcome we are losing in the end
and CCP gets stronger

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 22, 2023, 08:14:23 PM »
"The best possible thing for Western Europe is if Putin conquered them."

Dude!  Put down the bottle! 

The man was a KGB killer in service of the Soviet Empire who brings this skill set to the present-- he throws discontented associates and opponents out of windows. 

See further response in the Russia-US-Europe thread.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 08:23:51 PM by Crafty_Dog »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 22, 2023, 11:19:39 PM »
"The best possible thing for Western Europe is if Putin conquered them."

Dude!  Put down the bottle! 

The man was a KGB killer in service of the Soviet Empire who brings this skill set to the present-- he throws discontented associates and opponents out of windows. 

See further response in the Russia-US-Europe thread.

It’s a bottle called strategic foresight.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 23, 2023, 12:52:31 PM »
OK, enlighten me.  :-)

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 23, 2023, 10:16:56 PM »
OK, enlighten me.  :-)

Ok, you have established VodkaManBad. Are the leaders in NATO good?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 24, 2023, 06:33:10 AM »
Coincidentally, quite recently I answered a survey request Ford made regarding my Maverick pick-up truck and in response to the "Anything else?" question I brought up the matter of AM radio.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 21, 2023, 07:22:27 PM »
Entirely possible, yet OTOH remember how the Reps utterly blew it when after years of criticizing Obamacare had nothing ready to go when they took power?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 22, 2023, 10:12:20 AM »
It's almost like they are members of a Uniparty that pretend to advocate for us while really working for the PTB...

Entirely possible, yet OTOH remember how the Reps utterly blew it when after years of criticizing Obamacare had nothing ready to go when they took power?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Gosh guys, we tried...
« Reply #295 on: June 23, 2023, 06:52:59 AM »
Gunther Eagleman™
@GuntherEagleman
I have a couple sitting GOP congressmen sending me DMs asking why I’m fixated on calling them out.

It’s pretty simple, you are failing us.

- January 6th political prisoners are still jail
- 87,000 IRS agents still in the works
- Taxpayer money to Ukraine hasn’t stopped
- 4 Trillion added to the debt
- Border wide open
- No one being held accountable

It was all lies and false promises.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 23, 2023, 07:15:09 AM »
you want to better fix this

get rid of trump

we will win more Senate and Congressional seats
despite vote fixing (before you post your expected response)
because our side fixes votes too.

we can't win with a what 7 seat majority in Congress
out voted in Senate
and with a Senate majority leader who does not fight for us
and a Dem President administration.

and we vote hard.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 23, 2023, 07:21:35 AM »
Aside from the Deep State's plans, how would that happen?

If DeSantis were the nominee, then the "DeSantis is Hitler" operation fires up. It's the same routine, everytime.

Meanwhile, nothing of substance is done.

you want to better fix this

get rid of trump

we will win more Senate and Congressional seats
despite vote fixing (before you post your expected response)
because our side fixes votes too.

we can't win with a what 7 seat majority in Congress
out voted in Senate
and with a Senate majority leader who does not fight for us
and a Dem President administration.

and we vote hard.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile