Author Topic: Tax Policy  (Read 379479 times)

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Harris wants to tax UNREALIZED GAINS
« Reply #1200 on: August 22, 2024, 08:44:49 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/kamala-harris-backs-biden-s-tax-proposals-including-a-tax-on-unrealized-capital-gains/ar-AA1pchxc?ocid=msedgntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=3837aab171c84d1ea52a2781d71d23c9&ei=19

and while they are at it increase gains tax
 :x

An unrealized gain on a property (or business) doesn't have cash associated with it.  Can you just give them 40% ownership in lieu of money (each year)?

It's all meaningless.  They already own it and own you.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Tax Policy
« Reply #1201 on: August 22, 2024, 08:58:29 AM »
yet they scream and yell they are the party of freedom

the freedom to kill embryos fetuses and babies.

the freedom to vote which is already guaranteed .

etc.

the freedom to discriminate against Jews

the freedom to shut down the Right . 

the freedom for their leaders to BS us all day long

the freedom to steal our hard earned dollars while driving up the deficit beyond the catastrophic levels it already is etc.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Harris tax plan
« Reply #1202 on: August 24, 2024, 07:43:31 AM »
As always

the fix is to tax THE RICH!   

make them pay their "fair share"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/taxes/harris-endorses-biden-s-tax-proposal-including-new-taxes-on-home-sales/ss-AA1pmusG?ocid=msedgntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=c96bf59b4033449a9d24cf6962402dae&ei=15#image=2

O'Reilly was very good at disposing of this proposal into the garbage can - much better than Trump can do
Trump is good a labelling and name calling.  He is not the intellectual who can explain the facts.

Simply stating how everything was the greatest in history under his Presidency and calling Harris Maduro or an idiot (while true) will not attract independents.

And Levin could easily dispose of Harris in a debate that is not rigged by MSM.
Trump - well - maybe.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: August 24, 2024, 08:02:49 AM »
Vance is good at articulation and reasoned debate.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: August 24, 2024, 08:16:15 AM »
speaking of Vance and O'Reilly

Bill interviewed JD I think it was released 2 or 3 days ago.
I was only able to hear the first part and yes Vance is good at articulation.
O'Reilly who thought Haley would be better for Trump in the sense she could bring in more votes to his side (I once would have thought that but at the end preferred Bergum though not clear he would help any more than Vance)

stated he could see why, after interviewing Vance that the choice was more or less reasonable
though he intimated not the best political choice.

oh here it is . I did not realize it is up yet:

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=oreilly+vance+interview&mid=47224806CEAC6523DFB047224806CEAC6523DFB0&FORM=VIRE

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
previous oreilly vance interview
« Reply #1205 on: August 24, 2024, 08:35:34 AM »
I just listened to it and it was indeed VERY short
and the rest of the post was Bill's usual self promotion :-o

and the JD interview was too short and frankly disappointing.

sorry , I thought it would be better.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Daily Signal, Taxing Inflation, Rates over 100%
« Reply #1207 on: September 01, 2024, 07:24:41 AM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: September 01, 2024, 07:53:25 AM »
let's see tax corporations and the job producers income =>

consumer prices will fall ====>  go up

So no matter what they claim such as will tax only the rich we will all pay in one way or form
Think of higher prices = higher sales taxes = everyone's taxes will go up.

Even an economic novice like me can understand that.

As a retired Rep. teacher used to tell me the Democrat teachers, the majority, always said the "rich should pay" for everything.   And to think these are "teachers".    :-o

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Kamala capital gains tax plan will kill the markets
« Reply #1209 on: September 08, 2024, 08:46:17 PM »
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/09/05/cuban-kamalas-capital-gains-tax-plan-would-kill-the-stock-market/

(Democrat) Mark Cuban: Kamala’s Capital Gains Tax Plan Would ‘Kill the Stock Market’

When does she flip on this one?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2024, 08:47:51 PM by DougMacG »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Kamala Tax Policy Details, Largest increase in world history, Scott Grannis
« Reply #1210 on: September 09, 2024, 10:40:01 AM »
https://scottgrannis.blogspot.com/2024/08/kamalas-tax-proposals-frightening.html

Scott Grannis writes:  Kamala's tax proposals: frightening!

"If you subscribe to my good friend Steve Moore's daily Hotline (CTUP) (subscribe for free here), you have already seen this. I reprint it so as to maximize its distribution. These proposals are so astoundingly anti-business and anti-prosperity that I can't imagine they will ever see the light of day. But at the very least you have here a liberal wish-list that, if even partially enacted, would very likely eviscerate the economy. Click here for more background info."

Kamala Proposes $5 Trillion in New Taxes – the Biggest Tax Hike in the History of the World

We've argued that Harris-Walz is the most anti-business ticket by a major presidential party in our lifetimes and perhaps in American history. And we said this BEFORE we saw the new tax plan.

Instead of lowering tax rates to make America more competitive, it raises nearly everyone.

The Harris tax plan would:

Raise the corporate tax from 21% to 28%
Quadruple the tax on stock buybacks from 1% to 4%
Double the global minimum tax from 10% to 20%
Raise the top Income tax rate from 37% to 39.6%
Raise the corporate alternative minimum tax from 15% to 21%
Raise the capital gains tax from 24% to 43.5%
Impose the first-ever tax on unrealized capital gains at 25%
Double the number of Americans subject to the death tax

Scroll right >

The compounding effect of these multiple tiers of taxation would mean that a $100 investment in a new company could be subject to an 80% tax rate. 
-----------------------------------------------------
[Doug]  It's been asked of me, how do you define Marxism, Marxist?  See above.

Actually a new business won't be subjected to an 80% tax rate because no one would open a new business under these rules.

The dearth of new businesses, new employers, IS the problem - already.

New Way Forward translated to English, 'I will make everything worse'.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2024, 11:27:44 AM by DougMacG »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Tax Policy, Wealth Creation versus Death Taxes
« Reply #1211 on: September 09, 2024, 11:59:18 AM »
[Kamala Plan] "Double the number of Americans subject to the death tax"

From the CTUP Scott Grannis post (from the Harris campaign):

"Double the number of Americans subject to the death tax"

Why wouldn't you raise the tax on dead people, who cares, right?  Dead people (mostly) don't vote.

First, must understand a thing or two about wealth creation.  So here goes...

1.  Wealth creation is good.  Half the country seems to think wealth creation is bad, so don't think this is an obvious point. 

Without wealth creation, we don't have jobs, capital equipment, capital investment, prosperity, tax revenues, health care, defense, security, none of it.  Look at the places that don't have or allow wealth creation and look at their per capita income for the masses.

2.  Income inequality is a fact, not an issue.  We chip away at it with high marginal tax rates and with programs for poverty, but get over it.  People are going to have different levels of income and of wealth.  Even the same people do at different times in their life.  It's called the ladder, and you are way worse off without it.  Sameness equals poverty.

3. What do people with wealth do in their later years and in their planning years?  They plan how to pass it on.

4.  If you see a business (or family farm) that says 3rd generation or greater, is that a bad thing?  Is that unfair to someone else, does it hurt someone else, or does it serve as a model for others?

5.  The economy is not a fixed pie that you can cut and divide any way you want.  Good policies (growth policies) grow it, bad policies shrink it.

6.  Incentives and disincentives to produce matter.

7.  There is a mechanism to just gift your money to the government above and beyond the taxes owing, and no one has ever given a cent.

8.  If you know that all you produce and build and leave behind goes to the government, at what point will you stop producing.

9.  It is an extremely interconnected economy.  Not "trickle down".  The wealth of others in the economy, and lack of wealth,  affects all the others.  Again, see countries without wealth.

10.  Taxing the life out of people at death doesn't demotivate dead people, it demotivates people before death, which is all of us.  Less production means a poorer economy with poorer people living in it.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2024, 12:27:49 PM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: September 12, 2024, 06:41:02 AM »
I remember Jude Wanniski's terms of "partial equilibrium" and "general (IIRC) equilibrium" with PE being exemplified by changes in tax RATES assuming no changes in behavior and GE assuming that people would respond to changes in tax rates.

I sense here the analysis of Trump's import tariffs on China, is PE, assuming no movement to China's competitors (India, Philippines, Vietnam, etc)