Author Topic: Corruption, Sleaze, Skullduggery, the Swamp, and Treason  (Read 208343 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Treason in America again
« Reply #700 on: January 25, 2023, 02:02:18 PM »
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/19346/treason-in-america

Treason in America - Again
by Lawrence Kadish
January 25, 2023 at 12:15 pm

As Benedict Arnold cynically realized centuries ago, treason may be the most threatening weapon our enemies can aim at the heart of a democracy, especially the one that leads the free world to keep it safe from tyranny. (Image source: MPI/Getty Images)
Benedict Arnold, move over.

Loathed as one of America's most despised traitors, we are reminded that Arnold once was the hero of Saratoga during the Revolutionary War, only to become a turncoat prepared to hand over West Point to the British.

During the last century there was Aldrich Ames, a former Central Intelligence Agency officer turned KGB double agent. Now serving a life sentence without parole, he did enormous damage to our national security while sending many American intelligence assets to their deaths in the Soviet Union. You want an example of how one American can do incalculable damage to his country? Read the Ames file.

But wait. There is now a 21st Century indictment that, if proven in a court of law, is absolutely mind-numbing.

The FBI's former top spy-hunter based in New York, Charles McGonigal, has been charged with violating U.S. sanctions and other criminal counts stemming from alleged ties to Russian oligarch billionaire Oleg Deripaska, a confident of Vladimir Putin.

The indictment also says McGonigal is accused of trying to get Deripaska removed from a U.S. sanctions list.

A second indictment accuses the G-man of hiding payments totaling $225,000 that he allegedly received from an individual considered an asset by an Albanian intelligence agency.

For those who believe that our nation, with all of its faults, remains mankind's last best hope, this is stunning news. Not only does this indictment suggest that our country's security can be purchased by our enemies, but also that those sworn to defend America can allegedly be bought and paid for – again.

How is this possible? How low can the human spirit sink that there would be those who would sell their souls, and their nation's safety, for cash?

Ames once provided an answer to CNN during a 1998 interview.

He said his reasons were "personal, banal, and amounted really to greed and folly." The "payout" for his betrayal was approximately $2.7 million. Tell that to the men and women buried at Arlington.

This most recent indictment of a former FBI spy hunter is a searing reminder that treason is not some distant crime found in lamented chapters of our history. Its poison is still found among individuals of authority within our national institutions, where it remains insidious, lethal, and malignant:

"Article III, Section 3, Clause 1: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court." (United States Constitution)

As Benedict Arnold cynically realized centuries ago, treason may be the most threatening weapon our enemies can aim at the heart of a democracy, especially the one that leads the free world to keep it safe from tyranny.

Lawrence Kadish serves on the Board of Governors of Gatestone Institute.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Amazing market timing by Nancy
« Reply #701 on: January 26, 2023, 07:07:06 PM »
Don't have citation handy, but Nancy made major sales of Google right before the DOJ suit was brought.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption, Sleaze, Skullduggery, the Swamp, and Treason
« Reply #705 on: March 15, 2023, 11:27:32 AM »
"The big guy didn’t get his 10%."

And he was backing the other team.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Don't worry, we will vote harder next time!
« Reply #706 on: March 31, 2023, 06:23:48 AM »
Emerald Robinson ✝️

Dems: let’s start riots across USA!
GOP: here comes a strongly worded letter.

Dems: let’s forcibly inject you with drugs!
GOP: we might hold a hearing.

Dems: let’s arrest Trump!
GOP: did you not get my last letter?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 31, 2023, 11:47:16 AM »
local Democrat politician found guilty
only happens when he can be replaced by another Dem

so no net loss for dems

no one is above the law !   upholding our judicial system
[when politically ok ]

can anyone think of a Dem removed that is replaced by Repub

maybe happened but I don't recall it to be the case

"ark Ridley-Thomas Found Guilty of Bribery and Fraud Involving Benefits for Son in Exchange for Lucrative County Contracts: Long-time politician Mark Ridley-Thomas has been found guilty by a jury of bribery in a scheme in which his son received substant..."

proof in point
this is exactly what Biden family does
yet the Dem machine will ignore ....
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 11:53:25 AM by ccp »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
WSJ on the attack on Justice Thomas
« Reply #709 on: April 17, 2023, 01:19:38 PM »
The Truth About Clarence Thomas’s Disclosures
He reported carefully on his inherited real estate. ProPublica’s reporting was slipshod and incurious.
By James TarantoFollow
April 16, 2023 4:09 pm ET

SAVE

PRINT

TEXT
Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas delivers a speech in Atlanta, Feb. 11, 2020.
PHOTO: JOHN AMIS/ASSOCIATED PRESS

Clarence Thomas lost his beloved maternal grandparents barely a month apart in the spring of 1983. Myers Anderson, whom his grandson knew as “Daddy,” died of a stroke on March 30. Christine Anderson, known as “Aunt Tina,” suffered a stroke as well and died on May 1. “Perhaps, I thought, she’d lost the will to live,” Justice Thomas writes in his 2007 memoir, “My Grandfather’s Son.”

The Andersons, who were 75 and 70 respectively, are buried at Palmyra Baptist Church in Liberty County, Ga. When they died, Mr. Thomas was 34 and chairman of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. “Losing Aunt Tina a month after Daddy was more painful than I could ever have imagined,” he writes. “How could I have let myself grow away from her, or from the man who . . . was the only real father I’d ever had?”

Mr. Thomas inherited a one-third interest in a few modest houses Myers Anderson owned. Forty years later, ProPublica has taken a different kind of interest in those properties. ProPublica describes itself as “an independent, nonprofit newsroom that produces investigative journalism with moral force.” It promises “deep-dive reporting” dedicated to “exposing corruption, informing the public about complex issues, and using the power of investigative journalism to spur reform.”

Give ProPublica credit for admitting its journalism has an agenda. So does mine, as the word “opinion” atop this page should make clear. But ProPublica’s acknowledgment that it’s in the opinion business doesn’t excuse it from the obligation to report facts accurately, carefully and thoroughly.

NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP

Morning Editorial Report

All the day's Opinion headlines.

Preview

Subscribed
ProPublica has at least three reporters working the Clarence Thomas beat—Justin Elliott, Joshua Kaplan and Alex Mierjeski. Their story, published last Thursday, is titled “Billionaire Harlan Crow Bought Property From Clarence Thomas. The Justice Didn’t Disclose the Deal.” The troika write that the lack of disclosure “appears to be a violation of the law, four ethics law experts told ProPublica.” That statement is equivocal because it’s a legal theory based on incomplete facts. Justice Thomas didn’t respond to ProPublica’s questions or to mine.

Some facts are known and undisputed. Mr. Crow, a Dallas developer and friend of the justice, confirmed in a written statement to ProPublica that Savannah Historic Development LLC, a company he established, bought “the childhood home of Justice Thomas,” which Mr. Crow plans to convert into a museum “telling the story of our nation’s second black Supreme Court Justice.” Public documents show that the company paid Anderson’s heirs a total of $133,363 for the Savannah house and two adjacent empty lots. According to ProPublica, Justice Thomas’s mother, 94-year-old Leola Williams, lived in the house at least until 2020 and possibly still does.

Assuming Justice Thomas received one-third of the sale price (or any amount more than $1,000), the text of the federal financial-disclosure statute would require him to have reported the transaction in Part VII (“Investments and Trusts”) of his annual AO-10 form for 2014. He didn’t do so and may need to file an amended form.

But my review of Justice Thomas’s disclosures and other documents convinces me that any failure to disclose was an honest mistake. On all other matters involving his scanty real-estate inheritance, he followed the Filing Instructions for Judicial Officers and Employees, prepared by the Committee on Financial Disclosures of the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts. Those instructions don’t make clear the statutory obligation to disclose the 2014 transaction.

Further, the ProPublica troika made a sloppy reporting error, the effect of which is to cast Justice Thomas’s disclosures in a falsely unfavorable light—to make them look shambolic or perhaps even dishonest when in fact they followed the filing instructions without fail.

The reporters’ error involves a confusion about what Justice Thomas did disclose. “By the early 2000s,” ProPublica reports, “he had stopped listing specific addresses of property he owned in his disclosures. But he continued to report holding a one-third interest in what he described as ‘rental property at ## 1, 2, & 3’ in Savannah.” It’s worth noting—ProPublica doesn’t—that the filing instructions (on page 32) prescribe disclosing rental properties in precisely this manner.

The story continues: “Two of the houses were torn down around 2010, according to property records and a footnote in Thomas’ annual disclosure archived by Free Law Project.” That footnote in Justice Thomas’s 2010 disclosure states in full: “Part VII, Line 2 - Two of the Georgia rental properties have been torn down. The only remaining property is an old house in Liberty County.”

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 04, 2023, 08:47:36 AM »
interesting
nothing about this in MSM
of course

no we don't need the legislative branch to set rules for the Judiciary

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 10:27:13 PM by Crafty_Dog »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Rep Comer gives Wray till 5/30 to avoid contempt of Congress
« Reply #716 on: May 26, 2023, 07:35:35 AM »
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2023/05/26/comer-says-biden-linked-to-5-million-bribe-while-vp-but-fbi-is-obstructing-investigation-n1698350

which means essentially nothing because:

" If found to be in contempt of Congress, this would be the first time an FBI director has faced such a charge. The maximum penalty for this offense is a fine of up to $100,000 and between one to 12 months in jail, though that would require prosecution by the Department of Justice."

amazing how DC officials always have way out.........

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Rep Comer gives Wray till 5/30 to avoid contempt of Congress
« Reply #717 on: May 26, 2023, 07:45:34 AM »
Above the law.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2023/05/26/comer-says-biden-linked-to-5-million-bribe-while-vp-but-fbi-is-obstructing-investigation-n1698350

which means essentially nothing because:

" If found to be in contempt of Congress, this would be the first time an FBI director has faced such a charge. The maximum penalty for this offense is a fine of up to $100,000 and between one to 12 months in jail, though that would require prosecution by the Department of Justice."

amazing how DC officials always have way out.........

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
June 1
« Reply #718 on: June 01, 2023, 10:09:34 AM »
https://www.theepochtimes.com/fbi-director-confirms-existence-of-document-alleging-biden-engaged-in-bribery-house-gop_5304275.html?utm_source=Morningbrief&src_src=Morningbrief&utm_campaign=mb-2023-06-01&src_cmp=mb-2023-06-01&utm_medium=email&est=IZJ8c670mRS2ZGRPU3iVYF56n0pDyvjplaBEnv213rsrai3PH7IQ3HATaAE%3D

so. Wray did not meet deadline and is not going to

thus he will held in contempt

but wasn't Holder as well
no biggie

means nothing
no one held to account

calling someone in contempt only means something for  an unimportant person
not a DC operative who is protected by the Deep state shysters

:x

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Wray still does not comply
« Reply #719 on: June 05, 2023, 01:12:27 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-oversight-lawmakers-briefed-by-fbi-on-biden-document-alleging-criminal-bribery-scheme

Raskin : to Pravda/MSM
 "just hearsay"

can anyone imagine if this was Trump
contents would have been headlines around the world and radio waved to the moon
months ago all from an "undisclosed" source . 

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
cocaine at WH found - Hazmat called streets blocked off
« Reply #720 on: July 03, 2023, 08:16:35 AM »
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 08:19:30 AM by ccp »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
I propose a wager
« Reply #721 on: July 05, 2023, 03:51:50 PM »
Anyone care to bet if the coke in the WH story will lead to a name (s)?

My expectation we will be. "reassured" it was not a Federal official or Hunter 
and they will not find who place it there and rumors that it could have been there for many days many many visitors ago

can't find the SCOTUS leaker
etc ...................................

:wink:

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 05, 2023, 04:33:22 PM »
There should have been fingerprints on the baggie, yes?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 06, 2023, 07:31:51 AM »
Once again, a British newspaper reports where our Pravdas do not.

"No results for weeks"?!?  Seriously?!?

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 06, 2023, 08:01:58 AM »
I am guessing they are trying to find a way to link the bag to a MAGA person

first
before releasing (if ever ) who it is .

if someone more embarrassing we will never know

of course we all know this.

the most transparent WH in history !

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Gal Luft
« Reply #726 on: July 06, 2023, 08:20:10 AM »
https://nypost.com/2023/07/05/missing-biden-corruption-case-witness-dr-gal-luft-details-allegations-against-presidents-family-in-extraordinary-video/?&utm_campaign=devineonline&utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_content=20230706&lctg=649c637ec7c6527b1b0fe213&utm_term=NYP%20-%20Devine%20Online

‘Missing’ Biden corruption case witness Dr. Gal Luft details allegations against president’s family in extraordinary video
By Miranda Devine
July 5, 2023 10:52pm  Updated
MORE FROM:
MIRANDA DEVINE
Most voters say Hunter Biden got sweetheart deal because of dad Joe, poll shows
Blowing the lid off the cover-up of Hunter Biden's cushy plea deal
Allegations against Biden and his family are too credible to wipe away with 'father's love' sob story
Heroic IRS whistleblower testimony ensnarls Hunter and Joe Biden in bribery scheme
This businessman — who went to prison for 2 years for corrupt donations to Biden — received jail time from the feds because he had wrong last name
The “missing witness” from the Biden corruption investigation, Israeli professor Dr. Gal Luft, has laid out his bribery allegations against the president’s family in an extraordinary video filmed in an undisclosed location while he’s on the run.

In the 14-minute recording, obtained exclusively by The Post, the fugitive former Israeli army officer claims he was arrested in Cyprus to stop him from testifying to the House Oversight Committee that the Biden family received payments from individuals with alleged ties to Chinese military intelligence and that they had an FBI mole who shared classified information with their benefactors from the China-controlled energy company CEFC.

The self-proclaimed fall guy says he provided the incriminating evidence to six officials from the FBI and the Department of Justice in a secret meeting in Brussels in March 2019 — but alleges that it was covered up.

“I, who volunteered to inform the US government about a potential security breach and about compromising information about a man vying to be the next president, am now being hunted by the very same people who I informed — and may have to live on the run for the rest of my life on the run …”

“I’m not a Republican. I’m not a Democrat. I have no political motive or agenda … I did it out of deep concern that if the Bidens were to come to power, the country would be facing the same traumatic Russia collusion scandal — only this time with China. Sadly, because of the DOJ’s cover-up, this is exactly what happened …”

Dr. Gal Luft

Israeli professor Dr. Gal Luft laid out his bribery allegations against President Biden’s family in an extraordinary video filmed in an undisclosed location while he’s on the run.

Luft claims he was arrested in Cyprus to stop him from testifying to the House Oversight Committee that the Biden family received payments from individuals with alleged ties to Chinese military intelligence.
AP
“I warned the government about potential risk to the integrity of the 2020 elections … Ask yourself, who is the real criminal in this story?”

The House Oversight chairman, Republican James Comer, who was preparing to interview Luft before Luft disappeared, says the Israeli remains a “potential witness” in the Biden family probe, despite his fugitive status.

It remains to be seen whether Luft is the man who will bring down the Bidens, but he is not going quietly into the sunset.

He is determined to tell the American public his version of the truth.

Calling himself “patient zero of the Biden family investigation,” Luft, 57, says he is innocent of charges of conspiring to sell Chinese weapons to Kenya, Libya and the UAE, of violating the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA), and of making a false statement.

He says he was forced to skip bail in Cyprus in April while awaiting extradition “because I did not believe I will receive a fair trial in a New York court.”

Hunter Biden
The self-proclaimed fall guy says he provided the incriminating evidence to six officials from the FBI and the Department of Justice in a secret meeting in Brussels in March 2019 but alleges that it was covered up.
CNP / Polaris
‘Make evidence public’
Now he is challenging the government to release the minutes of the Brussels meeting and make public the evidence against him.

“Why did the DOJ choose to unseal the indictment on Nov. 1, 2022, the very same week of the midterm elections?” he asks.

“Could this have anything to do with the fear that once Republicans gain control over Congress and begin to investigate, [the DOJ] cover-up would be on full display?”

Luft says he told the DOJ and the FBI in Brussels that Joe Biden, soon after his vice presidential term ended, had attended a meeting at the Four Seasons Hotel in Washington, DC, with his son Hunter and officials from CEFC.

Luft’s account of the former VP’s presence at that meeting was corroborated 21 months later when the FBI interviewed another attendee, Biden family associate Rob Walker, according to recent testimony before Congress.

Luft disclosed during the Brussels interview that CEFC was paying $100,000 a month to Hunter and $65,000 to his uncle Jim Biden, in exchange for their FBI connections and use of the Biden name to promote China’s Belt and Road Initiative around the world — and that the money was being funneled through Walker.

The Oversight Committee has written to Walker demanding he submit to questioning about his role in distributing more than $1 million from China to at least three of President Biden’s relatives.

The DOJ sent a delegation of six people to meet Luft in Brussels, he alleges: four FBI agents and two prosecutors from the Southern District of New York, Daniel Richenthal and Catherine Ghosh.

Among the FBI contingent was Special Agent Joshua Wilson from the Baltimore field office, who would go on to sign a subpoena later that year to seize Hunter’s abandoned laptop from a Delaware repair shop.

“Why did the government dispatch to Europe so many people?” asks Luft.

“They knew very well I’m a credible witness and I have insider knowledge about the group and individuals that enriched the Biden family.

“Over an intensive two-day meeting, I shared my information about the Biden family’s financial transactions with CEFC, including specific dollar figures. I also provided the name of Rob Walker, who later became known as Hunter Biden’s bagman.”

James Comer
Rep. James Comer, who was preparing to interview Luft before he disappeared, says the Israeli remains a “potential witness” in the Biden family probe, despite his fugitive status.
Getty Images

Think-tank ties
He also told the DOJ and the FBI in Brussels that Hunter had an FBI mole named “One Eye” who had tipped off his CEFC associates, Dr. Patrick Ho and Chairman Ye Jianming, that they were under investigation.

Luft is well connected in intelligence circles in Washington, DC, where he ran a think tank, the Institute for the Analysis of Global Security, with former CIA Director James Woolsey and former national security adviser Robert McFarlane as advisers.

He learned in 2017 that Hunter and Jim Biden were being paid by CEFC because Luft was in partnership at the time with a nonprofit think tank associated with the Chinese company.

When Ho was arrested in 2017 in New York on bribery charges, the first person he tried to call was Hunter Biden, whom he had paid $1 million as a “legal retainer.”

But at his trial, Ho was blocked by prosecutors from mentioning the Bidens, according to Luft.

Ho “paid Hunter Biden a million dollars for God-knows-what [but] was not allowed to mention the word Biden before the jury,” says Luft.

Joe Biden, Hunter Biden
Luft also told the DOJ and the FBI in Brussels that Hunter had an FBI mole named “One Eye” who had tipped off his CEFC associates, Dr. Patrick Ho and Chairman Ye Jianming, that they were under investigation.
WireImage

“Prosecutor Daniel Richenthal told the judge at the time that mentioning the name Biden would ‘add a political dimension’ to the case, and the judge agreed. Which means if I was brought before a New York court, I would not be allowed to utter the word Brussels or Biden.”

Luft denies the charge that he is an arms dealer: “I was asked by a bona fide arms dealer, an Israeli friend, to inquire with a company I knew if they had an item and what would be the price of an item. This is where the conspiracy ended. No follow-up, no money, no brokering activity.”

He also faces FARA charges of acting as an unregistered foreign agent of CEFC.

“The DOJ says I caused a payment of $6,000 a month to former CIA Director James Woolsey in order to put his name on an article I had ghostwritten for the China Daily newspaper … Woolsey had been an adviser to my think tank since 2002 and nothing in the article represented Chinese interests.”

“Why am I being indicted … for ghostwriting an innocuous article for which I received no payment, let alone from a foreign government, when the mother of all FARA cases, the Bidens’ systemic influence-peddling on behalf of foreign governments, for which they raked [in] millions, goes unpunished?”

Attorney met with government
A curious addendum to Luft’s tale comes in October 2020, days after The Post’s bombshell revelations from Hunter’s laptop.

Luft dispatched his attorney, Robert Henoch, to Washington to meet the Trump administration’s acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue to repeat the allegations he had made in Brussels.

Donoghue also had been assigned by Attorney General Bill Barr in February 2020 to coordinate federal investigations into all Ukraine-related corruption allegations against Joe Biden.

Unbeknownst to Luft, on Sept. 4, Donoghue had ordered the Delaware US attorney to pause the criminal investigation into Hunter to avoid leaks in the two months before the election, according to testimony before Congress.

Donoghue agreed to meet Henoch at a Starbucks near DOJ headquarters and corresponded on his private email, says Luft, who showed The Post the emails between his attorney and the senior official.

“The story is about corruption at the very highest levels of government/politics and I think it can all be corroborated,” Henoch wrote.

Nothing ever came of the meeting — until February of this year, when Luft was arrested in Cyprus.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 25, 2023, 07:33:46 AM »
".The buyer in question was California investor and philanthropist Elizabeth Hirsh Naftali, who contributed $13,414 to the Biden campaign and $29,700 to the Democratic National Campaign Committee this year, Insider reported.

Biden announced Hirsh Naftali’s appointment to the Commission for the Preservation of America’s Heritage Abroad in July 2022 — eight months after Hunter’s art debuted at the gallery. The commission is an independent agency of the U.S. government;"

I thought contributions to a campaign are limited to $2,000.

Can't get anymore corrupt than this.

:x

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 26, 2023, 10:04:50 AM »
Wonder how many other ways the "art" world is used to launder money around

:|

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Wonder how she scored the gig?
« Reply #732 on: July 26, 2023, 08:44:08 PM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12337511/Art-access-Democratic-donor-bought-Hunters-art-picked-plum-Biden-commission-visited-White-House-13-TIMES-18-months-visitor-logs-show.html

Access for sale.
Appointments for sale.
Political actions for sale.
Policies for sale.
Now just imagine all this evidence is against Trump or Dich Cheney.
What would the reaction be?
Isn't that what it should be with the Biden's?
What if we had only one system of justice...

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
DC judge is Obama appointee
« Reply #734 on: August 02, 2023, 09:19:25 AM »
https://www.newsnationnow.com/trump-investigation/ap-the-judge-assigned-to-trumps-jan-6-case-is-a-tough-punisher-of-capitol-rioters/

My only question is the MSM going to point out  every time they speak of this trial the judges is an ******OBAMA APPOINTEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!******

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
WP lies: Tanya S. Chutkan was "randomly" selected
« Reply #735 on: August 02, 2023, 03:43:27 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2023/08/01/judge-trump-jan-6-special-counsel/

I have already heard she has many conflict of interests she must recuse herself from this case

does anyone believe she was randomly selected?

Saw on Fox news Kudlow who had Dershowitz and Kash Patel on and both made it clear she needs to recuse herself from this case

She worked for DC firm that represented Burisma for God's sake !

Greg Kelly pointed this out as well earlier on radio this afternoon.

By the time we get to Hannity it will be old news and he will sound like his usual broken record self.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Left still holding back on indictment of Trump in Ga.
« Reply #736 on: August 02, 2023, 04:50:34 PM »
waiting for the right time to blast the Left wing media

with this after the next bad news for Hunter

I presume

Nothing to see

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
" Trump's co conspirators "
« Reply #738 on: August 03, 2023, 08:05:06 AM »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: " Trump's co conspirators "
« Reply #739 on: August 03, 2023, 08:26:33 AM »
The explanation is simple. A mass murder is entitled to private, privileged communications with his lawyer. A Republican being prosecuted for free speech is not.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
ET: How deep runs the corruption?
« Reply #740 on: September 05, 2023, 09:12:16 AM »
How Deep Runs the Corruption?

By Jeffrey Tucker

Commentary

For the last several years, my friends in public health and science have expressed astonishment and professional disorientation at the behavior and messaging of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The scientific journals are part of this.

They simply could not believe the brazen manipulation of science for political purposes. They could not believe that so many people within these agencies and journals went along with it for reasons of career protection. They have been appalled that science and public health have been deployed in this way.

They worry about the future with this level of corruption. And they have been quite passionate in decrying it, while paying a professional price for not going along.

Implicit in this reaction is a history in which they implicitly trusted these institutions, their data, their reporting, and their sincerity with regard to public health. They presumed that these agencies were not capable of manipulating science for political reasons. They certainly would never have believed that they would preside over the worst public-health calamity of our lifetimes.

When they set out to decry this, correct the error, and alert the public to the truth, it was not because they hated the NIH and the CDC. Indeed it was the opposite. They wanted them to be good. They wanted their integrity restored. They wanted to trust again.

In other words, what motivated them is piety in their professions and the agencies that preside over them. In this, the real haters get it all wrong. My friends are not disinformation spreaders. They are spreaders of facts in the interest of public well-being. They believed strongly that the system is not broken fundamentally and could be improved.

They decided that they did not want to practice their craft in an environment of lies. They wanted restoration of truth.

I’ve listened and understood but because this has not been my realm or my main intellectual interest for the dominant part of my career, I’ve not entirely understood the intensity of their critique or the motivations of my friends. Maybe I’ve always assumed that such enormous bureaucracies were up to no good. I’ve never believed that the CDC, for example, was a net positive in terms of public health, not that I thought about it much before the pandemic.

I’m seeing this fully now because of something that happened this past week. It affects a realm about which I care deeply, namely economics. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported the jobs data again, with a headline number of 187,000 new jobs. That’s not great but it is not bad news.

But over the last year and a half, I’ve grown incredulous toward these data releases and the little essay that sits on top of them that is routinely copied by all media outlets as the truth. So I’ve started to look more carefully at the underlying data. The release text said that the number of part-time jobs for reasons of economics, meaning that the people who have part-time jobs when they would actually like full-time jobs, was “little changed.”

That’s what the BLS said but the data showed otherwise. It showed an increase of 221,000 part-time jobs. That’s 5.4 percent growth. That’s not “little changed.” That’s a huge and alarming change.

It’s also more than the total number of jobs created. This means that many people have lost full-time work and been forced to take part-time jobs. This is truly awful news, the very opposite of where we would like to be. One might suppose that the BLS would just admit this outright. They didn’t admit it. They covered it up. The person who wrote those words “little changed” either knew and lied under pressure or did not look at the data himself and simply trusted his superiors.

In any case, it is flat-out wrong. And demonstrably so!

This makes one wonder about all the data releases coming from the Biden administration. Every month, an output release from the previous month is reduced. This has been systematic and large. It just keeps happening.

Was this forwarded to you?

Sign-up for a all access digital subscription, or register for a free account.

It raises the question. If we were in a technical recession now—or if we never left the one from 2020—would we actually know it? We have no choice but to trust the government’s numbers. Maybe we shouldn’t. Maybe everything is much worse than we know from the agencies’ reporting. It certainly feels that way.

We look at independent data that we know we can trust and find out terrible things. A survey by the Lending Club recently reported that nearly two-thirds of Americans are living paycheck-to-paycheck. This is not only a huge increase; it is completely unsustainable.

Why is this happening? Many consumers are spending without thinking. They are persisting in their old habits even though the value of money has fallen nearly 20 percent in three years. Everyone is poorer than before but continuing to live as if all is normal. To blame at least in part is the relentless propaganda from the Biden administration that says the economy is in great shape and there is nothing to worry about.

These are very costly lies.

Do you see the relationship here between economics and public health? During COVID, we were told that distancing would protect people. Then we were told that masks would do the trick. Then we were told that the vaccine would work. Do all those things and you will not be bothered by COVID.

That was a lie. Everyone got it anyway. And once people got sick, they had no real protocol for how to get better. That’s because the agencies had disparaged repurposed drugs like Ivermectin. They did this in order to pretend as if the vaccine was the only real solution, thereby making the “Emergency Use Authorization” compatible with prevailing conditions.

Thus, when people got sick, they had no idea what to do. The agencies that people trusted are fully culpable for this.

It’s true in the economic realm. The government has not been straight with people about the economic crisis of our times. All official channels say everything is hunky-dory, just keep adding to that credit-card debt, spending as always, draining your savings such as it is, and don’t worry about your job. Everything is fine. Look at our press release! Listen to the weird White House spokeswoman!

This is malpractice. It also undermines trust even further.

No society can run without trust. Builders have to trust measurements, economists trust the data, scientists trust the journal, doctors have generally trusted pharmaceutical companies, and philosophers trust logic. There is just no alternative. If we take that away and replace truth with lies, where does that leave us? As one of my friends says: in a new dark age.

Last night I was watching the U.S. Open. Several times, an ad came on saying that COVID is still with us, killing more people than the flu, so we need to be alert. The ad is just text with ominous music. It ends by urging that everyone get the COVID vaccine immediately. The closing slogan is: no one has time for the 19.

That’s weird, I thought. We know for sure that the vaccine does not protect well or perhaps at all against infection. Who is putting out this propaganda? The CDC? The third time the ad ran, I noticed a tiny word at the end: Moderna. It’s a pharmaceutical ad. For some reason, the ad escaped all the usual legal injunctions about side effects and downsides. There was not a word about those.

There is no way viewers knew that this was a pharma ad. It looked for all the world like a public-service announcement from the CDC or NIH. It turns out to be a Moderna ad. But, really, is there much difference? We know now that these agencies themselves are wholly captured and doing pharma ads themselves.

I never wanted to live in a world without trust. I perhaps hoped that people would trust government less but there is much more going on now. Government is involved in everything and therefore a loss of integrity in government means a loss of integrity in a huge range of areas, leaving us confused about what the truth is.

There’s never been a better time to trust your instincts. If you smell a rat in these official pronunciations, there probably is a rat. The corruption goes very deep. We don’t yet know the bottom of it.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Hunter art buyer puts the fix in?
« Reply #742 on: November 29, 2023, 05:42:45 AM »
The mind boggles at the implications here:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/11/28/hamas-releases-american-hostage-whose-family-purchased-hunter-bidens-art/

" So you're telling me that the great-aunt of the youngest American hostage -- and first American -- to be released by Hamas is a buyer of Hunter Biden's art, who was then appointed by Joe Biden to the U.S. Commission for the Preservation of America's Heritage Abroad? "

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: November 29, 2023, 05:56:26 AM »
Amazing

Liz Hirsh Naftali

Why she was on CNN just last night (as well as previously) talking about the return of that cute 4 yo girl:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Liz+Hirsh+Naftali&form=HDRSC3&first=1

I can't believe any serious art collector would consider spending any serious money to buy a Hunter work unless it was to gain influence.  Can anyone else?

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Hunter art buyer puts the fix in?
« Reply #744 on: November 29, 2023, 06:56:20 AM »
The mind boggles at the implications here:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/11/28/hamas-releases-american-hostage-whose-family-purchased-hunter-bidens-art/

" So you're telling me that the great-aunt of the youngest American hostage -- and first American -- to be released by Hamas is a buyer of Hunter Biden's art, who was then appointed by Joe Biden to the U.S. Commission for the Preservation of America's Heritage Abroad? "

Yes it boggles the mind.

Answer to the question, what could anyone gain by buying access.  Answer, go to the front of the line.

Selling special access and favors and siccing Feds on opponents is the exact opposite of
equal treatment under the law.

I public office you are supposed to avoid even the appearance of anything like this.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 06:57:56 AM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 08, 2024, 06:42:32 PM »
why is he released on bond ?
yes $2 million but so what!
How often do we read they flee back to China
to never face any consequences.

10 yrs not enough for the damage this guy has caused.
Worth life in prison in my opinion.

Media never report what they were paid off with. How much?

US citizen - didn't we used to hang traitors?