Author Topic: Money/inflation, the Fed, Banking, Monetary Policy, Dollar, BTC, crypto, Gold  (Read 522195 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Uh oh.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
so what happens after 21 mill BTC mined
« Reply #2551 on: April 14, 2023, 10:19:18 AM »

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
The block reward will go to zero when all BTC has been mined in over a hundred years. At that point miners will only receive transaction fees to maintain the network. Transaction fees could be higher in 100 years, at this time they are quite low, usually between 10cents-1 $, closer to 10 cents in many cases.

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
Nov 28, 2025 (orange line) seems important.

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
Treasury caught manipulating data
« Reply #2554 on: April 16, 2023, 06:25:32 AM »
And the Treasury got caught manipulating data. Note the length of the yellow deficit bar of 1.1 Trill, it should be twice as long. Compare with 1 Trill of Individual taxes.
https://fiscal.treasury.gov/files/reports-statements/mts/mts0323.pdf

« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 06:38:35 AM by Crafty_Dog »

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
This is mostly FUD, it is NOT released by the IMF, but during an IMF meeting. It is released by DCMA (The grandiosely named  Digital Currency Monitoring Authority), who  knows what it is. Its another scam coin, just like the 10,000 others https://dcma.io/index.html

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Thank you YA.

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
Why BTC wins

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
I agree with the Schwab article in that, the few percent of purchases in non-$ currencies is not likely to immediately impact the $. The danger comes from within. Our deficits are unmanageable and unpayable. If the world loses confidence in the Fed to curtail inflation, if our deficits continue to rise, if we continue to wage wars, the $ cannot survive. The immediate problem is what can replace the $ as the global reserve currency. Its not going to be the Yuan or gold. The only sane option is Bitcoin, but its market cap is only 500 B$, as compared to gold 11 T$. We need sovereign level BTC adoption to make a dent. So far only El Salvador is officially putting BTC in its Treasury, there was a recent report from Forbes that Bhutan was investing in BTC, there are multiple hints from Russia that they are mining BTC using their massive surplus gas reserves as a govt enterprise (note the rocketing hash rate). We need more country level BTC adoption to make BTC as one of the basket of currencies that replaces gold.

The Fed has always held the goal of a 2 % inflation rate as sacrosanct. I would imagine that the Fed will raise its target to 3% and maybe even 4 %. Watch for it.

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
Bipartisanship in increasing the debt.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
interesting chart

tend up no matter who is president
or in the houses

those who say we can grow our way out of it have been wrong
for many decades now.

the more we grow the more we spend

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
interesting chart

tend up no matter who is president
or in the houses

those who say we can grow our way out of it have been wrong
for many decades now.

the more we grow the more we spend

It's almost like we aren't voting our way out of this...

Anything that can't go on forever, won't.

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Resist "Going cashless"
« Reply #2566 on: April 21, 2023, 07:20:40 AM »
I've been in France for three months now. Their approach to this is simply fantastic.

I'd like to share a bit about it.

A very well known supermarket here decided to go cashless.

A group of 50 people got together and agreed that they would all do a big shop on the same day. Pilling their trolleys to the brim and each person getting to the checkout - the human check out, not the machines - and having everything scanned before bringing cash out.

The staff were absolutely overrun. There management in a complete tizz, everyone repeatedly, calmly and in a very organised and polite fashion acting as if they knew nothing. No edges, no rudeness, no humiliation.

The supermarket reinstated cash.

Petrol stations : filling up with fuel then only having cash to pay.

Restaurants : groups of friends going out for dinner and nobody taking phones or credit cards, only cash ...

They are doing it in every single area of France. Simply refusing to be part of it.

*** Edit

The reason it works is because it's organised in large groups. One person here and another there doesn't work. It needs to be really carefully constructed.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Who is "I"?

Is there any way we can apply this to electric cars?
what if the Dems make gas cars illegal ?

What about people buying essentials such as food?

it is almost like fight of chicken

stores refusing cash , buyers refusing to pay cash

who gives in first.

Just trying to think through this strategy

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Tweakers are on it already.

https://insideevs.com/news/566070/tesla-supercharger-cables-cut-stolen/

The EVs the left loves can only exist in a low crime, high trust society with a functioning grid, all things the left is working to destroy.

Funny how that works.

Who is "I"?

Is there any way we can apply this to electric cars?
what if the Dems make gas cars illegal ?

What about people buying essentials such as food?

it is almost like fight of chicken

stores refusing cash , buyers refusing to pay cash

who gives in first.

Just trying to think through this strategy

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
correction
« Reply #2569 on: April 21, 2023, 09:12:02 AM »
 from my post above I wrote :
"buyers refusing to pay cash"

I meant buyers to refuse paying other then by cash

sorry

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: correction
« Reply #2570 on: April 21, 2023, 09:20:03 AM »
from my post above I wrote :
"buyers refusing to pay cash"

I meant buyers to refuse paying other then by cash

sorry

It’s all about numbers. The left does it all the time, we can too.

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
While in $ terms, BTC is still down (tho rising), see how some other nations with weak currencies value it. Below are the official rates, actual rates might be higher.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Argentina will now pay CCP in Yuan
« Reply #2572 on: April 27, 2023, 06:41:10 AM »
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/04/27/argentina-shuns-u-s-dollar-will-pay-for-china-imports-in-yuan/

CD
has Scott Grannis given his. opinion about the yuan replacing the US dollar or at least competing with it for now ?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
thnx

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
FWIW, Marty Armstrong thinks inflation will remain stubbornly high..with stagflation in the cards.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
It would appear we have an experiment underway haha.

For the record my analysis is that SG is right on the monetary side of things, but supply chain issues will push prices up.  The latter will be called inflation but it is not.  It is a price increase.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Munchin - we need to raise FDIC to $25
« Reply #2578 on: May 05, 2023, 06:03:39 AM »
MILLION!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/a-fix-for-the-banking-bust-is-coming-into-view-200130939.html

:roll:

the full faith and credit of the US government [ 32 trill in debt ] not withstanding....

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
drudge headlines
« Reply #2579 on: May 05, 2023, 06:45:08 AM »
JOB GROWTH SMASHES EXPECTATIONS
BLACK UNEMPLOYMENT RECORD LOW!!!!!!!!!! 

"The unemployment rate was 3.4% against an estimate for 3.6% and tied for the lowest level since 1969 (what the heck is this - it is not the lowest rate if 54 yrs ). A more encompassing number that includes discouraged workers and those holding part-time jobs for economic reasons edged lower to 6.6%."

" Despite serious banking industry troubles, jobs in finance increased by 23,000. Government hiring rose by 23,000."

HERE COMES from the mouth of KJP - WE HAVE THE LOWEST UNEMPLOYMENT SINCE 1969!!!!!!

"April’s upside surprise was offset by sharp downward revisions in previous months. March’s count was slashed to 165,000, down 71,000 from the initial estimate, while February fell to 248,000, a reduction of 78,000. Also, the household survey, which is used to calculate the unemployment rate, showed a softer total jobs gain of 139,000."

AS USUAL - MANIPULATE THE DATA TO GET DESIRED HEADLINE
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 06:46:53 AM by ccp »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Munchin - we need to raise FDIC to $25
« Reply #2580 on: May 05, 2023, 07:33:26 AM »
MILLION!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/a-fix-for-the-banking-bust-is-coming-into-view-200130939.html

:roll:

the full faith and credit of the US government [ 32 trill in debt ] not withstanding....

Make everyone too big to fail!

What could go wrong?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: drudge headlines
« Reply #2581 on: May 05, 2023, 07:37:24 AM »
JOB GROWTH SMASHES EXPECTATIONS
BLACK UNEMPLOYMENT RECORD LOW!!!!!!!!!! 

"The unemployment rate was 3.4% against an estimate for 3.6% and tied for the lowest level since 1969 (what the heck is this - it is not the lowest rate if 54 yrs ). A more encompassing number that includes discouraged workers and those holding part-time jobs for economic reasons edged lower to 6.6%."

" Despite serious banking industry troubles, jobs in finance increased by 23,000. Government hiring rose by 23,000."

HERE COMES from the mouth of KJP - WE HAVE THE LOWEST UNEMPLOYMENT SINCE 1969!!!!!!

"April’s upside surprise was offset by sharp downward revisions in previous months. March’s count was slashed to 165,000, down 71,000 from the initial estimate, while February fell to 248,000, a reduction of 78,000. Also, the household survey, which is used to calculate the unemployment rate, showed a softer total jobs gain of 139,000."

AS USUAL - MANIPULATE THE DATA TO GET DESIRED HEADLINE

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/nosacredcows/2018/09/study-confirms-most-people-share-articles-based-only-on-headlines/

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Paul Krugman

we here about his Nobel Prize
do we ever hear about how many times this leftist is wrong?

like article points out no accountability for economists

just like Fed and SEC people
who create problems then never get fired

like Barney Frank who along with along with Dodd ( and Clinton)
helped create the '08 crash
suddenly appointed the man to fix it
with of course zero accountability and no mention of it by MSM

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Paul Krugman

we here about his Nobel Prize
do we ever hear about how many times this leftist is wrong?

like article points out no accountability for economists

just like Fed and SEC people
who create problems then never get fired

like Barney Frank who along with along with Dodd ( and Clinton)
helped create the '08 crash
suddenly appointed the man to fix it
with of course zero accountability and no mention of it by MSM

It's how they control the masses and give the illusion of choice.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
texas to pass silver and gold backing

wow

time to load up ?

of course the Feds do not need this - first
not enough gold in the world to cover our debt at least according to quick google search :

https://goldsurvivalguide.co.nz/how-much-all-gold-in-world-worth/#:~:text=Therefore%20the%20calculation%20would%20be,this%20calculation%20in%20March%202021.

and second - we don't need to do this because we have the full faith and credit of the US to back it up AND we have world class gem economists such as Paul Krugman

(sorry I know my posts have too much sarcasm but it is an emotional outlet of the anger I feel from what is happening - akin to Great One's Mark Levin who is also so angry )

we need more debt is the answer :

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/07/panel-in-california-a-free-state-birth-recommends-reparations-apology-for-slavery/

sorry this ain't happening ....!

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
A small bit of gold and silver in small coins (incuding junk silver) is a good idea. Far more important is guns, ammo and food, along with beans and bandages in a survivable location.

texas to pass silver and gold backing

wow

time to load up ?

of course the Feds do not need this - first
not enough gold in the world to cover our debt at least according to quick google search :

https://goldsurvivalguide.co.nz/how-much-all-gold-in-world-worth/#:~:text=Therefore%20the%20calculation%20would%20be,this%20calculation%20in%20March%202021.

and second - we don't need to do this because we have the full faith and credit of the US to back it up AND we have world class gem economists such as Paul Krugman

(sorry I know my posts have too much sarcasm but it is an emotional outlet of the anger I feel from what is happening - akin to Great One's Mark Levin who is also so angry )

we need more debt is the answer :

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/07/panel-in-california-a-free-state-birth-recommends-reparations-apology-for-slavery/

sorry this ain't happening ....!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Frankly I suspect that somehow this bill will not get across the finish line to becoming law; I take it as an indicator of pressures building up.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Frankly I suspect that somehow this bill will not get across the finish line to becoming law; I take it as an indicator of pressures building up.

The funny part of the elites crashing the US, is they think they can impose control on it's reformation.

It will be broken into many pieces, but "Live free or die" won't end.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
System D
« Reply #2591 on: May 07, 2023, 09:00:31 AM »
https://foreignpolicy.com/2011/10/28/the-shadow-superpower/

This probably what will be operating here while they try to impose CBDC.

Plan accordingly.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Interesting.

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
Halving Implications
« Reply #2593 on: May 08, 2023, 05:51:17 PM »
If someone wishes to understand the BTC halving and its implications in 2024/2025...

https://www.onceinaspecies.com/p/bitcoins-halving-is-less-than-a-year
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 09:02:03 AM by Crafty_Dog »

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
If anyone uses Ledger hardware wallet, best to move to another wallet. You could lose your coins.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
too big to fail
« Reply #2596 on: May 20, 2023, 10:59:42 AM »
seems every "crises " the strong just get stronger:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/americas-biggest-bank-is-everywhereand-it-isnt-done-growing-5ff18360

like the real JPM at the turn of the 19-20th century

the Feds go to when help needed

anyone see problems?

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
FWIW poll shows majority want spending cuts in budget
« Reply #2597 on: May 22, 2023, 06:22:46 AM »
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/21/ap-poll-most-americans-only-want-debt-ceiling-raised-deficit-conditions/

Is McCarthy winning the public perception battle?

MSM must be pissed - they are left asking why didn't Trump do this ? the Straw man defense.....

Biden obviously knows they will carry his water but maybe THIS TIME it won't work

if true wow - there is a God and "he" (excuse me - "she" ; excuse me "they" ) are on our side

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
We are in early into the mid-game and I could be wrong, but IMHO so far McCarthy is surprising to the upside.