Author Topic: Money/inflation, the Fed, Banking, Monetary Policy, Dollar, BTC, crypto, Gold  (Read 521877 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Money, the Fed, Banking, Monetary Policy, Dollar, bitcoin, crypto, Gold/Silver
« Reply #2850 on: February 17, 2024, 10:06:28 AM »
I have been struggling with exactly that question.   Thank you.

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Money, the Fed, Banking, Monetary Policy, Dollar, bitcoin, crypto, Gold/Silver
« Reply #2851 on: February 18, 2024, 05:36:30 AM »
Please all remember that BTC does pull back, so no one get over their skis. Though, my estimation is that the next 2 years 2024-2025 are likely to be up (based on past performance). And we all know what they say about past performance. :-)

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: February 18, 2024, 06:06:17 AM »
Factoid on Blackrock. They have 417 ETF's, which took in 10.4 Billion $, of which their BTC ETF took in half, at 5B$. This is one month after go live.
Big giants like BR and Fidelity love ETf's because once they add the BTC ETF to any of their index funds, everyone is buying them and they make billions in fees. As the value of the ETF goes up, their fees go up, so there is a vested interest in making the price go up.

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: February 18, 2024, 07:59:54 AM »
Zoom out

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: February 22, 2024, 02:52:18 AM »
BTC cope from the ECB. We are at the "then they fight you stage"..

https://www.ecb.europa.eu/press/blog/date/2024/html/ecb.blog20240222~0929f86e23.en.html

After they published the below, BTC is up 197 %

« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 04:23:30 AM by ya »

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: February 22, 2024, 04:01:14 AM »
Look at the upper panel on the right side, the retail guys are currently selling (red-orange), but the whales (large buyers owners of 100 + BTC, blue color) are holding.

An updated chart shows that even the small holders are now buying.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 04:56:31 AM by ya »

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: February 22, 2024, 04:21:05 AM »
Bitcoin has passed all-time highs in fourteen currencies.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1760638270462104048

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: February 23, 2024, 04:27:46 AM »
Gold funds are being demonetized. Money is moving from Gold Funds to BTC funds

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: February 23, 2024, 04:32:31 AM »
BTC is becoming less volatile now. Other assets are becoming more volatile

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: February 23, 2024, 05:07:52 AM »
In Laos and Sierra Leone, if you hold 1 BTC, you hold a billion of their currency. Where the heck are these places ?

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: February 23, 2024, 07:49:37 PM »
Today the courts ruled against this..

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: February 26, 2024, 04:39:22 AM »
Watch the rate of inflow in $ or BTC to the ETF's. Even at 50 % of the current inflow rate, BTC will be over 100 K/coin by the end of 2024. However, this assumes no black swans, though some like war could actually expedite this.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: February 26, 2024, 04:58:46 AM »
You mentioned a 90 day waiting period before the big funds can buy in or something like that.  What does that period end?

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Monetary Policy Matters
« Reply #2864 on: February 26, 2024, 06:31:27 PM »
If you converted a million dollars into bolivars in 2013 — when Nicolás Maduro first came to power — and left it in an interest-accruing Venezuelan bank for the past decade, your current balance would be about 3 cents.

These policies have these consequences.

Don't let anyone here say what Venezuelans said then, it can't happen here.  Yes it can.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/venezuelas-currency-is-so-worthless-theres-no-point-hiding-pins-zrd7xrjxf

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2865 on: February 27, 2024, 05:03:23 AM »
BTC up 7% yeseterday and 4% this morning.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 07:38:28 AM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: February 28, 2024, 05:22:28 AM »
Up 5% today!

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: February 28, 2024, 05:35:01 AM »
You mentioned a 90 day waiting period before the big funds can buy in or something like that.  What does that period end?

Around the halving in April. Yesterday Blackrock Quant at a conf recommended a 28 % allocation.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: February 28, 2024, 05:39:06 AM »
Looks like serious amounts of big money are waiting for someone else to go first and give them justification to do what they want to do anyway, yes?

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: February 29, 2024, 05:55:53 PM »
GBTC still has some selling going on, this relates to some funny business Barry Silbert was involved in. This will subside soon.

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
This is not a new idea, but certainly a well articulated one, as to what the end game for the sovereign default crisis may be. A corollary of this is that the US govt confiscates Bitcoins from Blackrock etc and gives ETF holders the fiat value. This is why holding real BTC is best, but is complicated for most.

In other important news, CEO of Vanguard got fired. He was against BTC, his clients missed a 50 % move by refusing to offer BTC ETF's.

https://twitter.com/stackhodler/status/1763500294481092952

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
Gold vs. BTC
« Reply #2874 on: March 02, 2024, 05:59:06 AM »
Gold ETF's are losing funds (are being demonetized), while BTC ETF's are gaining funds. Overtime, BTC will exceed the Gold market cap of 11 Trillion, which should be worth 500 K in BTC terms.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 06:36:17 AM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Yes.

In my simplistic way, I have been making this point in conversation when someone starts with the "BTC has no actual substance" argument.  I point out that apart from some proportionately minor applications, gold is but a fiction too, being a cruder version of the blockchain concept as a protection against value debasement and that BTC is simply a better version of the "store of value" function of money.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 06:49:31 AM by Crafty_Dog »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Are big banks too big
« Reply #2877 on: March 02, 2024, 11:43:33 PM »
what are the 4 biggest banks in US :

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/03/01/big-bank-regulation-column-00144104

"too big to fail"

one fails the whole economy is at stake....

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
My favorite BTC bull video, sound on.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1221866308662448128

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Page does not exist.

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
Ani Patel: Free BTC booklet
« Reply #2881 on: March 03, 2024, 04:43:29 PM »
Free BTC booklet, by the amzing Anil Patel

https://thebitcoinhandbook.com/
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 06:42:33 PM by Crafty_Dog »

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile

BlueLight

• View Profile
https://1drv.ms/b/s!AtUhx4XAwKlQg1hwX1ByFxsikWB4?e=FtGZkd

Friend of Crafty's here. Honored to be let in. If the topic of Bitcoin interests you, I wrote a paper covering the dynamics and cycle history (see link above).

Mostly macro and technical analysis. If you look at page 18 you'll see a break from the fibbionaci channel. This indicates a break from the pattern of previous patterns. I suspect that it has to do with the Bitcoin ETF that dropped in December. This indicates a potential supercycle, left translated cycle, or something else. As such, I've shifted my strategy to utilize realtime indicators such as RSI data, Stock to flow models, simple moving averages, interest rate vs risk on asset correlations, liquidity cycle/bitcoin cycle overlays, whale metrics, and google trend data.

I saw what's happening as a potential outcome. So I built in adaptability into my investment strategy (see page 22: offsetting blackswans/risk management). My personal investment strategy is based around leveraging liquidity drips, and investing in layer 2 and 3 networks built on layer 1 networks with high survivability (like Hbar, has many partners in the defense industry like Boeing as well as google and others-they will rely on this network for infastructure and won't let it die).

I started with 10ishk$ in december, I have approximately 43k now (not cashed out). So it's been working out fairly well.

In regards to bitcoin: The universe consists of networks and cycles at a macro level, and energy and frequency at a micro level. This cycles expand and contract like they are breathing, and their expansion and contractions effect other networks and the cycles within them, depending on how closely they are correlated. This applies across domains. According to Strauss–Howe generational theory, every 100ish years we experience major shifts in the established systems, and chaos occurs (a reorganization of these networks). These are "phasal shifts". In phasal shifts, asymmetric strategic advantages lie in the hands of smaller players who are the most adaptable (due to rapidly changing environment) and able to identify the highest points of leverage for maximal ROI.

While some see chaos as a threat to established systems, or something to be viewed with fear, phasal shifts offer opportunities to smaller players, if they can identify points of leverage. In economics we are seeing a phasal shift from traditional sources of power (banking, ect.) to decentralized digital networks (de-fi, bitcoin). The highest points of leverage for smaller players are the emergent networks that have highest levels of survivability (this offsets risk) and growth potential (this is the level of leverage). The optimal strategy for a smaller player (someone who's not a gazillionaire like Elon musk or Jeff Bezos), is to identify the highest points of leverage in these emergent networks and hop on the ride.

Cross domain application: This applies to all things. In Judo, for example the highest point of leverage for a smaller judoka is to create chaos in the enviornment (pull opponent off balance), then leverage it with their own weight and body mechanics. In relationships: A smaller player may not be able to pick up the phone and call Elon Musk or Bill Gates, but do you know what he can do? Wait for a transitional environment (emergence of AI for example), then identify, make partnerships/friendships with the future Elon Musks of that domain.

"If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything"

-Miyamoto Musashi
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 06:29:26 PM by BlueLight »

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
https://1drv.ms/b/s!AtUhx4XAwKlQg1hwX1ByFxsikWB4?e=FtGZkd

Friend of Crafty's here. Honored to be let in. If the topic of Bitcoin interests you, I wrote a paper covering the dynamics and cycle history (see link above).

….

"If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything"

-Miyamoto Musashi

Welcome aboard!

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
Welcome aboard, Musashi. BTC is time.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 09:45:59 AM by Crafty_Dog »

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
Its a matter of time, every pension fund will allocate a few percent to their retirement funds. Studies show the returns improve significantly, considering that most pension funds are not doing well.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Sounds like the beginning of a FOMO wave , , ,

BlueLight

• View Profile

Some are starting to suspect it's also power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfYDSE7T_cQ&t=20s

There's an Airforce major named Jason Lowery who presented a thesis that bitcoin will be used as a means to wage war in cyberspace. Honestly, his explanation may be a bit too convoluted than it needs to be, but I don't really blame him, it's a fairly abstract idea.

Essentially, BTC will act as a means of exerting soft power through resource application. BTC will kind of act like the cyberspace version of "gold", and other web3 networks will resemble nations with their own local currencies (XRP, Polygon, Polkadot, ect.).

You can exert power over other nations and actors via BTC by using transactions as sort of a defensive paywall (you send BTC to address 1 from address 2 and we sent it back along with access).

That's the simplest way of explaining it, but don't take it as gospel, I'm gonna have to read his book to confirm this is the proper interpretation, probably will try to contact him and talk about it someday if I get the opportunity and the right lines.

I suspect nations are going to start buying up BTC in the future as well, just a matter of time. There are some rumors that an oil state is doing just that right now in fact. Just rumors. Fatwah committees in Oman and UAE just recently declared BTC halal a year and a halfish ago, so it wouldn't be too surprising. If it's true, I'd guess Dubai, Oman, or Saudi Arabia based on Fatwahs and recent legislative regulations.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Woof Blue Light-- good to see you here.   Please take a moment to introduce yourself at:

https://firehydrantoffreedom.com/index.php?topic=961.550

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile

There's an Airforce major named Jason Lowery who presented a thesis that bitcoin will be used as a means to wage war in cyberspace. Honestly, his explanation may be a bit too convoluted than it needs to be, but I don't really blame him, it's a fairly abstract idea.

Essentially, BTC will act as a means of exerting soft power through resource application. BTC will kind of act like the cyberspace version of "gold", and other web3 networks will resemble nations with their own local currencies (XRP, Polygon, Polkadot, ect.).

You can exert power over other nations and actors via BTC by using transactions as sort of a defensive paywall (you send BTC to address 1 from address 2 and we sent it back along with access).

That's the simplest way of explaining it, but don't take it as gospel, I'm gonna have to read his book to confirm this is the proper interpretation, probably will try to contact him and talk about it someday if I get the opportunity and the right lines.

I suspect nations are going to start buying up BTC in the future as well, just a matter of time. There are some rumors that an oil state is doing just that right now in fact. Just rumors. Fatwah committees in Oman and UAE just recently declared BTC halal a year and a halfish ago, so it wouldn't be too surprising. If it's true, I'd guess Dubai, Oman, or Saudi Arabia based on Fatwahs and recent legislative regulations.

Yes, we discussed Lowry's book a while ago. Nation State Game Theory is coming soon. Edward Snowden says a large nation holding BTC in their treasury will be declared this year.

BlueLight

• View Profile

Yes, we discussed Lowry's book a while ago. Nation State Game Theory is coming soon. Edward Snowden says a large nation holding BTC in their treasury will be declared this year.

Yes, it's a very interesting thesis. There was a period of time where the DoD asked him to take it off the shelfs and the only way to get the book was to shell out 5k on ebay. Not sure if that's still the case.

BlueLight

• View Profile
Woof Blue Light-- good to see you here.   Please take a moment to introduce yourself at:

https://firehydrantoffreedom.com/index.php?topic=961.550

Will do!

BlueLight

• View Profile
Great note by Stackhodler.

https://twitter.com/stackhodler/status/1766045760477372603

I 100% agree with this, especially now. Macro models and previous cycles used to be more or less reliable, but the ETF's completely threw a wrench in everything. Short term analysis doesn't work at all now, nothing works really. I always tell people when they ask, I only know what will happen over the next 4 months (the price is going to go ballistic, due to the fact that it broke historical resistance and there's no longer any upward foundation holding it back).

Beyond that, there's no previous models that make any of this situation even remotely predictable.

Personally, I'm relying on real time indicators like selling when retail is fully fomo'd and following the whale wallets; selling when they start to sell. Real time indicators are the only reliable metric at this point. Because we're not doing the standard BTC cycle thing anymore.

Maybe things will be clearer in hindsight, but whatever this is, it's something completely new and is probably going to surprise everyone in many different ways, myself included.

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile

Wow, bitcoin is at 72k (US$) this am! https://www.tradingview.com/symbols/BTCUSD/

What I read into the list of world's top currencies is that there is no competitor to the US$ (other than blockchain/bitcoin)

https://bitcoinist.com/brics-nations-challenge-us-dollar-dominance/

Let's see, the Canadian dollar is no. 6 in the world(?) and has a lousy reputation for holding its value.  Russia and China are further down - and tied to communism, tyranny and oppression.  Britain and Japan are based on smaller markets than the US, less global.  The Euro is the only one tied a bigger base economy, but not a better or stronger one.

The world (OPEC etc) didn't choose the US$ because they liked us; the chose it because it was the most stable, universally accepted currency (at the time).

If we (US) are going to lose reserve currency status (and maybe we already have), we will have to address our deficits, debt problems like all the others or go the way of Argentina, Venezuela and the broke third world. 

Since we will have to reform later (any minute now), why not address those issues now?!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Decrypt Media
« Reply #2898 on: March 11, 2024, 11:28:08 AM »
📝 What you need to know

Bitcoin keeps climbing, shooting past $72,000 on Monday morning and topping the market cap of silver in the process. The leading cryptocurrency now has a market cap above $1.4 trillion.

Amid Bitcoin's record-breaking run, MicroStrategy is still buying. The software firm added 12,000 BTC, which means that it now holds more than every other corporate treasury combined—$14.7 billion worth.

Crypto funds are feeling the love too: They took in a record $2.7 billion worth of investment last week, per CoinShares, the vast majority of which went into Bitcoin ETFs.

Even Donald Trump is coming around to Bitcoin. The former U.S. President told CNBC Monday that he has "fun" with BTC and other "crazy new currencies," and the presumptive Republican candidate suggested that he'd support crypto if elected again.

https://decrypt.co/221140/bitcoin-halving-sooner-than-you-think
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 11:40:57 AM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
GBTC?
« Reply #2899 on: March 12, 2024, 03:56:34 PM »