Author Topic: The Cognitive Dissonance of the Republicans  (Read 98390 times)

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The Cognitive Dissonance of the Republicans
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2016, 10:26:52 AM »
Of course .  One of the few times I agree with Obama and now Republicans (and few crats) make a stand and over ride a veto.  This WILL come back to hurt us.   

http://www.breitbart.com/news/senators-vote-to-override-obamas-veto-of-sept-11-bill/

But the internet control  give away - watch they will do nothing.

DDF

« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2016, 12:14:29 PM »
Of course .  One of the few times I agree with Obama and now Republicans (and few crats) make a stand and over ride a veto.  This WILL come back to hurt us.   

http://www.breitbart.com/news/senators-vote-to-override-obamas-veto-of-sept-11-bill/

But the internet control  give away - watch they will do nothing.

I second that. I do not like opening a door to where other countries can sue us.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
2nd post
« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2016, 03:59:14 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2016/09/28/pat-caddell-calls-out-stupidity-republicans-internet-takeover-debate-another-sign-america-selling-out/

Oh but Repubs are so strong. (with overwhelming sarcasm) They won the right for New York City attorneys to make a fortune suing Arabia!

Wow what a victory.   This is great for American.

Thank God they stand up for us  :-P

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Sadly more of the same from Republican "leadership"
« Reply #153 on: October 16, 2016, 06:10:48 PM »
So what will one of their first priorities be?

To help the Left pass reform for one of their favorite issues:

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/10/why-conservatives-will-need-a-new-party-if-when-hillary-wins

We do need a new party.  But who can do it?  How did the Republicans replace the Whigs? 
How can we replace people in power?   Look how both the right and left establishment with the media on their side buried the Tea Party.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Sadly more of the same from Republican "leadership"
« Reply #154 on: October 16, 2016, 06:26:54 PM »
So what will one of their first priorities be?

To help the Left pass reform for one of their favorite issues:

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/10/why-conservatives-will-need-a-new-party-if-when-hillary-wins

We do need a new party.  But who can do it?  How did the Republicans replace the Whigs? 
How can we replace people in power?   Look how both the right and left establishment with the media on their side buried the Tea Party.

The anger that made Trump isn't going away.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
VDH is the one who is most in touch
« Reply #155 on: October 25, 2016, 08:42:38 AM »
I place in this thread because of my anger at the sanctimonious Republicans.

For example:

"Finally, for years, readers of conservative magazines have read daily fare about voter fraud. "

And the Republican "establishment" response:

"Yet when Trump — however crudely, conspiratorially, and inexactly — takes up this theme, what do some conservatives then do? They have in the past printed dire warnings of election theft, without worrying about the concrete consequences — and now they become hysterical when someone agrees with their wolf calls in light of clear evidence of media collusion and Democratic campaign roguery?"

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/441397/democratic-hypocrisy-never-trump-sanctimony

Getting along, reaching across the aisle , get government working again, getting things done sounds nice.  But it is a loser to bigger and bigger government, more loss of freedom, more central control and the rest.   

Folks it is over.   We have lost unless by some miracle Trump pulls this out.
I don't get how the establishment Republicans think we can "live" to see another day.   I guess they are corrupted and don't care. 

DDF

Re: VDH is the one who is most in touch
« Reply #156 on: October 25, 2016, 11:48:01 AM »
Getting along, reaching across the aisle , get government working again, getting things done sounds nice.

Sounds nice to who? Not to people who value the Constitution and find it to be the ideal standard of guaranteed rights, not some "work of fiction."

Folks it is over.   We have lost unless by some miracle Trump pulls this out.

That's a lie. Clinton doesn't have half of the support her purchased media states. Neither her nor Kaine can fill a high school gymnasium, and Trump routinely pulls in 10's of thousands of people to his events.

Try again.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 25, 2016, 12:31:26 PM »
DDF,

"Sounds nice to who? Not to people who value the Constitution and find it to be the ideal standard of guaranteed rights, not some "work of fiction."

Sounds nice to the Left, to undecideds, and to establishment Republicans Democrats and others who make a very good living off government and its related power.   My point was making the government "work" or compromise is the same as pushing for the LEft.

"That's a lie. Clinton doesn't have half of the support her purchased media states. Neither her nor Kaine can fill a high school gymnasium, and Trump routinely pulls in 10's of thousands of people to his events. "

Your right.  Gays , Women, Blacks, Jews, Irish Catholics, Muslims, Asians, Middle Easterners, Hispanics, lawyers, teachers (or for that matter most gov. employees), university people,
 people who benefit from Obama care, and those on government benefits are all going to come out and *secretly* pull the lever for Trump.
Just like Dick Morris told us Romney was going to win.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
I don't know why they keep going on charlie rose
« Reply #158 on: November 14, 2016, 10:31:01 AM »

And I don't know why a liberal Republican who is worse then most Rinos is speaking for the party anyway:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/kevin-mccarthy-common-ground-secure-borders/2016/11/14/id/758744/

I have zero confidence in this guy..  His voting record is worse than many Democrats for goodness sakes:

https://www.conservativereview.com/members/kevin-mccarthy/liberty-card/

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Kevin McCarthy
« Reply #159 on: November 14, 2016, 11:45:56 AM »
Isn't he the moron who declared the real purpose of Gowdy's Benghazi committee was to "get Hillary" for political gain?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 07:48:17 PM by Crafty_Dog »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 14, 2016, 12:45:22 PM »
Isn't he the moron who declared the real purpose of Gowdy's Benghazi committee was to "get Hillary" for political gain?

Yes.  http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/hillary-clinton-benghazi-kevin-mccarthy-214325
Bad gaffe.

DDF

« Reply #161 on: November 14, 2016, 02:21:04 PM »

Yes.  http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/hillary-clinton-benghazi-kevin-mccarthy-214325
Bad gaffe.

I know... but just going to say... I don't trust anyone that would wear a salmon colored tie.

And I don't know why a liberal Republican who is worse then most Rinos is speaking for the party anyway:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/kevin-mccarthy-common-ground-secure-borders/2016/11/14/id/758744/

I have zero confidence in this guy..  His voting record is worse than many Democrats for goodness sakes:

https://www.conservativereview.com/members/kevin-mccarthy/liberty-card/

Because they're both one and the same. Term limits... has to happen.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile

DDF

Re: after all this repubs have no plan
« Reply #164 on: February 23, 2017, 05:37:49 PM »
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/GOP-Obamacare-repeal-and-replace-town-halls/2017/02/22/id/775110/

I like that they don't have an answer for it. Just repeal the POS and let the free market sort it out. Kind of the idea behind freedom. The whole "wiping your own rear end" kind of thing.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
well the republicans just went down in defeat
« Reply #167 on: March 24, 2017, 05:05:59 PM »
and frankly look foolish to have been voting to repeal for years and now they have their chance and they cannot get it together.

So I don't know what Charles who is on our side, seems to be cheerful about.

Except they he voted for Hillary was it?  Not Trump.

He is happy now? vindicated.  Sounds like DC er to me.
BTW I don't see how anyone can blame Trump for this defeat.  The bill basically pissed off everyone from the right - center - left.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: well the republicans just went down in defeat
« Reply #168 on: March 24, 2017, 07:10:01 PM »
Drop this forever and move on is probably a negotiating move.

John Hinderer at Powerline says, in hindsight they should have done tax reform first.  (Famous people caught reading the forum.)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 24, 2017, 09:07:04 PM »
" (Famous people caught reading the forum.)"

We have our moments :-D

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 31, 2017, 06:35:19 AM »
Trump blaming the freedom caucus for the failure of healthcare reform 1.0 is bad politics.  They need each other, and the count was 15 no votes Freedom caucus, 18 no votes other Republicans.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 31, 2017, 09:12:46 AM »
Agree that going after the Freedom Caucus is quite unwise.  These are the men who back Trump (against Ryan!) during the Pussy Grab Tapes brouhaha.

My understanding is that the other no votes by Reps were those in Dem heavy districts who feared the bill going too far (!)

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 01, 2017, 10:32:28 AM »
Agree that going after the Freedom Caucus is quite unwise.  These are the men who back Trump (against Ryan!) during the Pussy Grab Tapes brouhaha.

My understanding is that the other no votes by Reps were those in Dem heavy districts who feared the bill going too far (!)

It is starting to look like Trump's presidency will end up only having bought us time.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 01, 2017, 08:00:53 AM »
Republicans won the the House, the Senate, and now the White House.  100 days in, we have a budget with Republican fingerprints all over it.  The government is funded.  Planned parenthood is funded.  The wall is not.  Obamacare is fully in place and the tax system is the one that Bill Ayers, Saul Alinski and Jeremiah Wright's protege put in place for us, working with Pelosi and Reid.

Elections have consequences?  Depends.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 01, 2017, 08:02:24 AM »
Republicans won the the House, the Senate, and now the White House.  100 days in, we have a budget with Republican fingerprints all over it.  The government is funded.  Planned parenthood is funded.  The wall is not.  Obamacare is fully in place and the tax system is the one that Bill Ayers, Saul Alinski and Jeremiah Wright's protege put in place for us, working with Pelosi and Reid.

Elections have consequences?  Depends.

Fcuking worthless.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Cognitive Dissonance of the Republicans, "A good day for Democrats"
« Reply #175 on: May 01, 2017, 10:04:15 AM »
Famous people caught reading the forum, Rush Limbaugh opened his program making the same point.

"That's why I don't get too close to them", he said.  

Likewise.  I support policies and philosophies, not people or parties.  My choice of policies is never supported by Democrats or Centrists, but it is also rarely advanced by the Republicans either, in spite of their occasional supportive words.

Instead of finding 5-10% to disagree on and getting nothing done, Republicans need to find 80% to agree on and get it done.  Now.

Everything we say in foreign policy gets lost in domestic policy.  Appease and fear your enemies and they are emboldened making everything else you will do harder and more costly.  So we cave on all the demands of Chuck Schumer, and that will bring him to the table on WHAT?  Nothing.

I could not care less about a government shutdown or "non-essential" services.  I care about political consequences, but only if it is rightfully blamed on our side.  How could it be?  Only if we roll over and play dead.

The wall was not worth fighting over?  To Trump??  Planned Parenthood, sanctuary cities, not worth fighting over?  Excessive spending is not worth fighting over?  What happened to that budget Pres. Trump just released that cut spending 20%?  Showmanship?  How about 1% of those cuts just to prove it's possible?  Prove we had an election.  How about tying their spending to our tax reform?  It isn't ready?  We need more time to debate it?  Bullshit.  We need to get it right and pass it.

Our side is not ready to govern - and their side wants to destroy the country.  

Lousy choice.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 10:07:26 AM by DougMacG »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 01, 2017, 01:02:05 PM »
GM:  "F...ing worthless."

And while thinking these thoughts, the RNC called me for money today.

They got an earful.  I don't think money is what they need right now.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 02:10:02 PM by DougMacG »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Cognitive Dissonance of the Republicans? Demint out at Heritage
« Reply #177 on: May 03, 2017, 05:44:44 AM »
Politics at Heritage?  Or is it politics out at Heritage?

Eliana Johnson reports from behind the scenes.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/02/why-jim-demint-was-ousted-from-heritage-237876

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 03, 2017, 07:10:30 AM »
I don't know how an organization can call itself "conservative" and claim they are NOT political.  Isn't that an oxymoron.

More  like a  establishment big DC  trying to wrest control from real " conservative" vs tea part populist or constitutional conservative issue influence???

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Defending Heritage
« Reply #179 on: May 03, 2017, 01:08:23 PM »
I don't know how an organization can call itself "conservative" and claim they are NOT political.  Isn't that an oxymoron.

More  like a  establishment big DC  trying to wrest control from real " conservative" vs tea part populist or constitutional conservative issue influence???

Based on the reporting, DeMint was leading in a Trump direction, looking for research to support that narrative.  Needham is more of a Cruz guy.  Trump is the political vehicle of the moment, but some of his economic ideas aren't backed up in the data.  Cruz and some of his ideas aren't practical or electable in my view.  Heritage should study the effectiveness of different policies and leave the mechanics of campaigning, getting elected and getting things passed to the parties and politicians.

On taxes and economic policy, Heritage should stand unapologetically for economic growth and individual economic freedom, research and print what the mainstream media refuse to do on that.

Here is and example I was looking at yesterday:  http://www.heritage.org/node/18247/print-display
The tax rate cuts of the 1920s were followed by a 61% increase revenues over 7 years.
The Kennedy tax rate cuts brought a 62% increase in revenues over 7 years.
The Reagan tax rate cuts yielded a 54% increase over 6 years (100% over 10 years).
[Then when Bush or Trump propose tax rate cuts, the media demands to know how they will deal with the static revenue loss - a demonstrably false premise question.]

In another example, Heritage ranks which countries allow their people the most and least economic freedom and the economic results that accompany that.

Who do we trust to research these things if they don't?  Brookings? The NY Times?  MSNBC??

Besides Heritage, may I suggest people give money to Center for the American Experiment and some others:
https://www.americanexperiment.org/donate/
https://secured.heritage.org/join-heritage-parallax/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=donate&t_recur=1
https://securessl.cato.org/support/donate
https://www.judicialwatch.org/donate/make-a-contribution-2/

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 13, 2017, 10:58:50 PM »
Please feel free to post that in the Tax thread here and the Economics thread on the SC&H forum too.

bigdog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 14, 2017, 06:19:16 AM »
http://www.nationalreview.com/g-file/447594/donald-trump-james-comey-debacle-fbi-director-fired-certified-letter

"Ask anybody — off the record, of course — on Capitol Hill about whether all this drama helps them get bills passed or judges confirmed. They will laugh at the question."

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The Cognitive Dissonance of the Republicans, RINOs by definition
« Reply #182 on: June 01, 2017, 06:02:32 AM »
In the two party system, RINOs (Republicans in name only) by definition are politicians who call themselves Republicans, get elected and govern like Democrats.

The biggest differences in the parties tends to be on domestic policy - taxes, spending and regulations.  The biggest parts of that right now are Obamacare and our arcane, self defeating tax system.

It is now June of the first year of the 'unified' government where we elected a Republican House, Senate and President all promising to fix that - and we wait...

The economic results of this year will be scored as Republican results under Democrat policies. R-I-N-O.

I wrote to my congressman who is on the House Ways and Means Committee about tax reform and he wrote back that he supports it.  Who cares if they support it if they don't enact it!

Am I being unreasonably impatient or are they being stupid, timid, incompetent, unready to govern?

Granted, it is hard to get agreement among a wide group elected from different constituencies under different circumstances.  But the alternative is the status quo leading to economic and electoral failure.

When Republicans fail, see the George Bush Presidency in 2006, voters don't replace them with better Republicans, they aren't even offered better Republicans.  Voters turn to Democrats of the Pelosi-Reid-Obama-Hillary-Ellison-Biden-Sanders-Warren ilk.  By not reforming taxes and programs we will get higher taxes and bigger programs.

The mere prospect that tax rates will be lower next year than this year exacerbates paralysis, stagnation, weakens the economy further and helps the opponents to re-take power and move things irreversibly in the wrong direction.  The longer we wait to repeal and replace Obamacare while dependency gets more and more entrenched just makes it harder or impossible to do ever.

Pick up any major newspaper and read about shiny objects in the rear view mirror while the opportunity to turn this country around gets squandered.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 06:05:51 AM by DougMacG »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2017, 06:07:51 AM »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Spare Me The Principles Lecture
« Reply #184 on: June 25, 2017, 11:24:53 AM »
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2017/06/22/spare-me-the-principles-lecture-n2343749

Spare Me The Principles Lecture
Kurt Schlichter |Posted: Jun 22, 2017 12:01 AM  Share (910)   Tweet

I think it was mildly amusing that some loud right-wingers spent a minute disrupting a bunch of New York liberals’ conservative murder porn party.

There, I said it. And now, according to some people on the conservative side, I’m not a conservative anymore.

Oh. Well, if conservatism has morphed into a human centipede of onanistic purity-signaling, then you fussy guardians of the word can have it.

Now, there is a coherent and reasonable argument that hitting back liberals with a taste of their own medicine – that is, inflicting upon them a microscopic fraction of what they have spent decades inflicting upon us – is a bad idea. People I respect and who are friends adhere to this view. I’ve listened to their opinions – because they have earned my attention – and they are wrong.

Note that yes, we are allowed to disagree within conservatism.

Now, a few people I don’t respect also say the disruption was terrible, mostly because they are weak and scared because, in our new conservative world, they have been displaced by more interesting and influential talents who are committed to actually achieving results. Conservatism, Inc., is no longer dedicated solely to securing these timeservers’ mediocre status within the NY/DC establishment hierarchy, and they are understandably frightened of facing a future where mere posturing doesn’t get enough folks writing checks. People got woke because when it came time to fight the same leftist Democrat they had allegedly been fighting for decades, the wimpcons embraced her. After all, she went to the right schools, and under her they would be able to return to their comfortable, if ineffectual, positions in the political scheme of things. And that uncouth Trump – well, he and his supporters are just the wrong kind of people.

Regardless, it was appropriate and conservative to chastise the murder fetishizers at the Trump killing play. And you wusscons – don’t start with the, “Well, it’s a play and you don’t understand literature, and the whole butchering the president thing is art which you obviously don’t understand” baloney. Without their POTUS-murdering dog whistle, this would just be another bunch of theater geeks putting on a show. They are rubbing their violent threats in our faces while gaslighting us to the effect that we shouldn’t believe our own lying eyes.

Now, the good faith critique of the disruption, the one not made by conservatism’s Sore Loser League, is that we don’t silence presentations, that we don’t inject the political into the personal, and that we don’t interfere with free speech. Simply because liberals do all those things does not mean we should too. That’s true, to a point.

But let’s look at what actually happened. Some sort-of goofy people infiltrated the Murder/Trump staging of Julius Caesar and started yelling about how these giddy liberals needed to stop celebrating political violence, especially after one of their liberal ilk tried to butcher two dozen GOP legislators a few days before. They didn’t shut down the show – they paused it, for about a minute. After the main one was hustled off-stage, some guy started shouting about how the audience was “Goebbels,” which was embarrassingly silly. Then they followed it up with a lot of whining about being arrested, apparently not understanding how civil disobedience works. So, the initial stage rush was amusing and effective – a measured and short-term protest that did not prevent the moronic staging from continuing. The rest though, as Saul Alinsky warned, became a drag.

Overall, give it a B-. Next time, make your point and move on.

And yes, there should be a next time. There is a case for this sort of activity. It’s just not something we have done much of to date, but we should do more.

First, the “If it’s wrong for them to do it to us, then it’s wrong if we do it to them” formulation is less a principle than a tired cliché. This minor disruption was a tactic; shouting was a tool. It is moral for the good guys – and we are the good guys – to use tactics and tools against an enemy that are immoral when they do it. It was immoral for the Nazis to bomb London; it was moral for us to bomb Nazis. Of course every tactic and tool is not acceptable, but the guys who stormed Omaha Beach did not “become what they were fighting” because they used the same tools and tactics as the enemy.

Second, this sort of performance art is so harmless that the cost/benefit calculus weighs in favor of tolerating such occasional inconveniences. That’s not to say we should not impose higher costs on them – we disapprove of the firing of people for what they say, but Kathy Griffin’s defenestration was a sacrifice worth making to demonstrate the costs of liberal misbehavior. This is crucial. They must pay a cost for establishing their new rules.

Call it retribution or punishment or just payback, but causing pain to wrongdoers is a conservative principle we seem to have forgotten. The left needs to feel the pain that comes from their choices. If they want a world where people suffer for speaking, well, I prefer they didn’t, but I damn well know that if that’s the new rule, their side is going to get it shoved down their throat.

Yes, there is a slippery slope risk. I’ve seen it overseas, where the rule of law was replaced by the rule of power. But we will slip down that slope if we do not grab on up at the top. People are not going to sit back and take this leftist abuse and allow them to impose their leftist tyranny upon us without reacting. If we don’t stop the left now from taking this dangerous path – including by using tools like harmless civil disobedience – then that weakness, as my novels illustrate, invites real conflict with real bloodshed. And we can’t let that happen.

Finally, if our principles are worth having, they are worth fighting for in a way that might conceivably lead to success. One of the folks telling me how wrong and unconservative I am for finding it amusing – a patriot, though wrong – also mentioned that he had been fighting for free speech on campus and in the culture for 20 years. Hmmm. I’ve been fighting for them for 30 years, ever since my dean at UCSD called me in to yell at me because I wrote that the student government was composed of leftist dweebs. Shouldn’t the fact that we have spent decades using the same tactics and losing indicate that maybe we ought to try something new?

Are we going to reason the left out of its ruthless quest for absolute power? Are we going to talk them into civility? Is our sterling example of high principles – which apparently include never, ever, for even a moment, annoying leftists by interrupting their bloody assassination festivals – leading to anything but defeat?

At Fort Benning, they didn’t teach us to lose.

That’s why I reject any principle that somehow obligates me to submit to the left’s tyranny. If your principles told you we had to elect Felonia von Pantsuit and allow her to complete the transformation of the United States into Venezuela II, maybe that’s a sign you need some new principles.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Balls and a spine included
« Reply #185 on: July 22, 2017, 05:43:41 PM »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
We Must Elect Senator Kid Rock
« Reply #186 on: July 22, 2017, 09:11:27 PM »
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2017/07/20/we-must-elect-senator-kid-rock-n2356950

We Must Elect Senator Kid Rock
Kurt Schlichter |Posted: Jul 20, 2017 12:01 AM 

The news that Southern-fried rock/rapper Kid Rock will be running for some timeserving Dem hack’s Senate seat in Michigan should make every normal American smile and spill a 40 to his homies. The future Senator Rock deserves your eager support for two critical reasons: First, it will drive the liberals insane. Second, it will make George Will and the rest of Team Fredocon soil themselves.

“Kid Rock? Oh, well I never!” You simpering sissies. I’ll take his nasty stringy mop and torn wife beater over your preferred weasels’ coiffed politician/newscaster hair and Gucci loafers.

No, he didn’t go to some Ivy League snob factory and all he’s got to rely on are attitude, common sense, and a love of actual Americans (especially our troops). But wait - you want “conservatism.” A fat lot of good your version of conservatism’s done us. It’s always waiting up there ahead, just after the next election cycle, and in the meantime, we’ll compromise and make some more excuses.

No, we’re past voting for the ideology. Now we’re ready to vote for the id.

We’re woke, and we want a devil with a cause. Lying GOP worms like Rob Portman and Dean Heller and whoever that jerk is from West Virginia stuck a stake in pseudo-conservative ideology’s already-dying heart when they started tap dancing the second they got the opportunity to vote to repeal Obamacare while we had a president who would actually sign the bill. Up until then, the people Conservatism Incorporated had vouched for had looked in our faces and lied.

Now, we can look in their faces and say, “Kid Rock’s in the House and that's where [he’s] at!”

Okay, technically the Senate. Which is probably good, because you know he’d slap Paul Ryan and make him cry.

“You can’t be serious!” Kid Rock over some Democrat, or whatever lying sack of fraud the More Con Than You-cons have been selling us?

Any. Freaking. Day.

Conservative Incorporated sold us a bill of goods – oh, not all of them, but enough of them that there’s no more benefit of the doubt for the Republican Party. Let’s be really clear – most of the GOP Senate crew was ready to pull the tab and chug the beer of repeal. That’s good, and why we need to avoid playing the “I HATE THE WHOLE GOP! WAAAAA!” game the Democrats and their media catamites are pushing to dishearten and discourage us. No, we’re not falling for it. We don’t need to give up. We just need to purge the party of the squishes. We still have about a dozen or so liars who played conservative at home and bipartisan trough hog back in DC. And they need to be kicked to the curb.

This crisis is not of The Donald’s making; this is a failure of insiders, not of outsiders. The tunnel vision Never Trumpers can’t put this repeal treachery on Trump, though they’ll try. To them, everything is Trump’s fault – their irrelevance, their dandruff, their inability to perform as men. No, this was a betrayal of real conservatives by alleged conservatives in good standing, big talkers about liberty and free enterprise who were happy to take our votes but even happier to burrow into the Washington scene and suck it dry like the ticks they are.

These were the grinning creeps who sat on Heritage panels and reaped the praise of the American Enterprise Institute and who, when the time came, turned out to be liars.

These were the people who kept shaking their lying heads at how uncouth Trump is. At least Trump – and Kid Rock – never lied to us about who they really are.

I am not shocked. You shouldn’t be either. Like every movement, conservatism has attracted its share of grifters. Look at the careers of Bill Kristol and John Podhoretz – thanks, Dads! Their magazines are just more useless appendages of Conservative Incorporated. Their purpose was never to put conservative policy into place. No, they are donor bait whose purpose is to allow their proprietors to maintain their mediocre positions in the DC/NY milieu. When the time to make a hard choice came, they easily made the choice of Felonia von Pantsuit, happy to leave us normal Americans to her tender mercies knowing that having liberals in the White House meant bucks and attention for them.

They are horrible people who always held us normals in contempt, and they’re now so angry they are forgetting to fake respect. The other day, when the president was showing off American-made goods in the White House, Kristol sniffed “Maybe it's just me, but I find something off-putting about turning the White House into an exhibition hall for American tchotchkes.” Maybe it’s just me, but if I were one of these nepotism poster boyz I would at least show some respect for Americans whose parents didn’t hand them a ready-made career.

They’re nothing now, and it gnaws at them. So just think of them seeing Kid Rock get the power and position they covet. We cannot waste this opportunity to watch them turn purple with fussy rage.

Which brings us to the criticality of attitude, because one fact remains indisputable. Attitude doesn’t lie. We’ve just seen a graphic demonstration of how the GOP hacks can easily fake ideology. But attitude? That’s almost impossible to fake.

Tell me more about how all Donald Trump has is raw opposition to everything Democrat, how he has no firm ideology of his own. Yeah, and so what? Raw opposition to our enemies sure as hell beats faked ideology that suddenly vanishes whenever it’s in danger of actually being implemented.

I keep hearing how true conservatism will do this and that and blah blah blah. Yeah, most of the GOP senators are solid, but enough aren’t that you finger waggers need to lose the attitude. The people the establishment held up as serious policy wonks who put that alleged policy illiterate Donald Trump to shame turned around and stabbed us in the back.

I’ll take Kid Rock in a heartbeat over what you’re selling – he’s a cowboy, baby, and he’s thrown a punch and taken one. He’s not going to lie to you about devouring think tank white papers and how we’re really absolutely totally going to do all that great conservative stuff if only we had the House and the Senate and the presidency and unicorns romping through the streets.

So, Kid Rock for Senate 2018. His campaign slogan should be “You’ve done a lot worse,” because we have. Sure, maybe he’ll “Start an escort service for all the right reasons/And set up shop at the top of Four Seasons,” but at least this time we will have elected a pimp instead of another ho.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
question for Murkowski
« Reply #187 on: August 04, 2017, 03:39:12 PM »
Why are you in the Republican party?

Liberty score of 22 % , meaning 78% of the time she votes with the Democrat party!

What is  the point ?  She is saying voting liberal is best for her state ( alaska? )  is best then why are you registered as a Republican ?  Alaska is a Repub state or so I thought.
She should be run the hell out of office. She is a fraud  Call yourself a Republican in a Republican state then nearly always vote the opposite of what people think they are getting?

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/2017/08/04/murkowski-to-trump-im-not-voting-for-the-republican-party-but-people-of-my-state/
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 03:45:25 PM by ccp »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
The counter protesters
« Reply #188 on: August 16, 2017, 04:50:43 AM »
and the MSmedia, that to some degree egged them on, could not have wished for a better outcome (except of course what happened the people hurt and one that lost her life from the nut with the car):

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/15/fox-news-new-low-establishment-mouthpiece-perino-implies-pro-israel-breitbart-a-nazi-site/

The never trumpers and the ex bush people are all calling out anyone who supports Trump.  Perfect for the left.

We are done.  I don't believe that simply replacing trump is going to help .  I just don't believe it. 

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Moral Courage and Moral Arbitrage
« Reply #189 on: August 16, 2017, 04:47:59 PM »
http://thedeclination.com/moral-courage-and-moral-arbitrage/

Moral Courage and Moral Arbitrage
by Dystopic | Aug 16, 2017 |

Every good capitalist is on the look out for imbalances in the market, opportunities to earn a profit off of a thing that either the market lacks completely, or current businesses do very inefficiently and ineffectively. You can consider it a form of arbitrage.

Today’s politicians, media talking heads, celebrities and the like are moral capitalists, even though they are economic collectivists. That is to say their morality is a form of arbitrage, always for sale to the highest bidder, where each statement they issue is calculated to profit them personally.
Take Marco Rubio, who today issued a series of tweets condemning Donald Trump for suggesting that the Charlottesville attack, and other similar incidents between Antifa and White Supremacists, was equally the fault of both parties. Donald Trump’s position is that both are hate groups, and both are quick to resort to violence to further their political goals, and that putting them together like that was surely going to stir up violence.

Personally, I think Trump is somewhat understating the case. White supremacists are exceedingly rare, even if they’ve received a shot in the arm from SJWs harping on white people all the time (hint: that tends to manufacture more supremacists, not less). What happened in Virginia may very well represent peak white supremacism, the very most such groups are capable of. Antifa and militant Marxists, meanwhile, enjoy far greater support from media, financiers (oh, the irony), and society-at-large. Antifa dwarfs Klansman and Neo-Nazis. Militant Marxists are, by far, the greater threat currently.

But that being said, Trump did put his finger on the central point: both groups espouse violent ideologies that are incompatible with freedom.
Marco, meanwhile, in his own words, pins 100% of the blame onto the supremacists.
rubio

This argument is remarkably similar to Antifa and other Marxist groups saying that mean words justifies violence, that speech they don’t like justifies burning down cities and attacking people. It is okay for them to violently shut down anybody right-of-center on college campuses around the country, but it is not okay for anyone right-of-center to speak.
Marco is on a continuum with the SJWs on this matter. He concedes the central point, that violence is an acceptable response to speech deemed offensive. Yes, in the case of Neo-Nazis and Klansmen, the speech actually is offensive. But it is still speech. Until it isn’t, anyway.

But if you’re a regular reader of The Declination, you already know my position on freedom of speech, and how speech alone does not justify violence.
To be fair, a lot of people are saying this, though, so let’s analyze this a little differently. Why does Marco denounce the white supremacists so readily, yet lets militant Marxists off the hook? As a man of Cuban ancestry, he ought to be very familiar with the depredations and dangers of Marxists. Why is he so willing to assign them 0% of the blame?
There is moral arbitrage here. When some politician or celebrity denounces Neo-Nazis, Klansmen, and other assorted white supremacists, he is cheered. He is called stunning and brave. He is bashing the fash, taking a brave stand against the most evil ideology of man. In other words, he gets a huge moral bonus in the eyes of the media. It is easy to denounce white supremacists, who probably represent less than a tenth of a percent of the population. And it is profitable to do so, as well.

If it’s cheap and profitable, expect everyone to jump on the bandwagon. The explosion of Nazi denunciations is like the proliferation of those little fidget spinners that cost 10 cents to make and sell for $7.99 in every convenience store from here to Seattle. Everybody wants a slice of that action.
Meanwhile, taking a similar stand against Marxism is expensive. If a politician or celebrity stands up and denounces Marxism as a hateful, murderous ideology that is at least as evil as Nazism, he is often shot down. Real Marxism, of course, has never been tried. Real Marxism is a good theory, a good idea that maybe just hasn’t been implemented quite right. It’s morally true and righteous, and even if it has some problems, surely bashing the fash has to take precedence, right?

Except Marxism has a much higher share of the population. Marxism is celebrated openly on college campuses around the country. Marxists trash cities, riot, commit acts of violence with frightening regularity, and Marco assigns them 0% of the blame, because somewhere, there is an inbred Neo-Nazi off his meds tweeting from his mother’s basement.
Marco obtains a moral profit from denouncing white supremacism. He incurs a moral cost from denouncing Marxism. Playing the moral arbitrage for profit thus demands he pin the blame for political violence on only one participant. Then he is “stunning and brave” in the eyes of the body politic.
Marxists have been doing this as long as I’ve been alive. It is correctly seen as stupid and disgusting to wear an Adolf Hitler t-shirt. Yet somehow Che Guevara t-shirts are absurdly common. The Nazi swastika is correctly seen as a hate symbol, yet the Soviet hammer & sickle is given a pass. It is a historical tragedy that Communism was not discredited with the same vigor as Nazism was.
It is socially cheap to oppose Nazism. It is socially expensive to oppose Communism.

Donald Trump, whatever his other faults, possesses enough moral courage to speak the truth: both groups are hateful. And he paid the price for speaking that truth. Marco Rubio, meanwhile, lacks the stones, even though as descendant of Cubans, he ought to know better than most.
I’m very disappointed in him. I expect this from Democrats who have lacked moral courage as long as I’ve been alive, I even expect it from Republicans who have no history with Marxism. But I do not expect it from a Cuban Republican. Of all people, Marco, YOU should know better. Stop playing the moral arbitrage and speak honestly.

After all, even Donald Trump is showing more honesty and integrity than you are, right now.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Moral Courage and Moral Arbitrage
« Reply #190 on: August 17, 2017, 08:56:01 AM »
"Moral Courage and Moral Arbitrage
by Dystopic | Aug 16, 2017 |
Take Marco Rubio, who today issued a series of tweets condemning Donald Trump..."

If this piece has the facts right, Trump is right and Rubio wrong.

https://amgreatness.com/2017/08/16/really-fault-charlottesville/

To me it looks like leftist opportunism; I don't see why Republicans are joining in.

Does anyone have a different, better version of the facts?

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 17, 2017, 03:02:51 PM »
As Rush pointed out today
Trump Did in fact call out the racists and bigots and the violence form day one and later added the White supremacists

That said the Left and never Trumpers expose themselves every day when they refuse to acknowledge this.
It is about destroying him.  And if Mueller will not do it this will......

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
anti "fascists"
« Reply #192 on: August 18, 2017, 06:45:39 AM »
weird if you ask me.
Are they hoping girls will flock to be their slaves like ISIS?
Is this really a social dating club?    :wink:
oh the romanticism of being a revolutionary ..............

https://www.spartareport.com/2017/08/long-gop-supported-alt-left-terror/

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
All This 'True Conservative' Talk About 'Principles' Is Just Another Lie
« Reply #193 on: September 04, 2017, 08:11:21 AM »
https://townhall.com/columnists/KurtSchlichter/2017/09/04/all-this-true-conservative-talk-about-principles-is-just-another-lie-n2376699

All This 'True Conservative' Talk About 'Principles' Is Just Another Lie
Kurt Schlichter |Posted: Sep 04, 2017 12:01 AM 

After two years of lectures about “principles” and “the Rule of law” by the establishment-loving hacks furious that normal Americans rejected them and elected Donald Trump, their performance last week demonstrated that their high-minded dedication to conservatism is all a fraud. It’s not about “principles” or “the Rule of Law.” It’s only about holding on to power – theirs.

Let’s take the latest in a seemingly endless series of #fails from that smarmy dope Paul Ryan, King of the Fredocons. First, he rushed to help out the liberals with their ridiculous narrative about how Donald Trump is a “Nazi” (Wait, I thought the narrative memo had him being a Russian fifth columnist – damn, our president sure is versatile!). You couldn’t keep Ryan from eagerly jumping in with his usual more-in-sorrow-than-in-anger-about-Trump thing to help the left push its latest meme. Antifa though? Not so fast! Ryan, the poodle that he is, obediently waited until Nancy Pelosi led the way and offered some tepid words about these commie blackshirts and their thirst for blood before Brave Sir Ryan ran out and offered some tepid words about these commie blackshirts and their thirst for blood.

Paul Ryan is a guy who can’t even take his own side in a fight – or, more to the point, our side in a fight.       Now, a quick quiz: When Donald Trump proposed to keep his promise to the Republican voters who elected him and end the unconstitutional DACA program that the Obama administration enacted to ignore duly-enacted immigration laws, what did Passive Paul do?

A. Ryan immediately offered his support for the president undoing this Rule of Law abomination that Ryan expressly called “unconstitutional” on Fox back in October 2014.

B. Ryan immediately demanded the president not undo this Rule of Law abomination that Ryan expressly called “unconstitutional” on Fox back in October 2014.

C. Ryan immediately asked someone to explain what the phrase “keep his promise to the Republican voters who elected him” means.

D. B and C

So, for the benefit of us suckers, basically Ryan was against DACA when it couldn’t be undone, but is now panicking when it can be undone because it might actually be undone – unless President Trump lets Ryan roll him, in which case he deserves to be laughed at in exactly the way his Never Trump enemies will laugh at him.

Gosh, this DACA two-step kind of reminds me of Obamacare and how gung-ho the True Conservatives were to repeal it when they couldn’t repeal it and how suddenly they turned ungung-ho when they actually could. Weird. If I was cynical, I’d say that it seems like the establishment GOP has been lying to our faces for years and years, but that couldn’t be true because our establishment betters have principles and stuff.

Of course, it’s not just the Wisconsin Wimp shifting into conservagimp mode. Soon-to-be-former Senator Jeff Flake, that braying doofus, naturally joined the cave-in chorus. Ben Sasse, Flake’s braying doofus doppelgänger, probably joined in, but I refuse to spend valuable time looking at his tedious Twitter feed to find out. And since it involved betraying Republicans, you have got to assume John “Blue Falcon” McCain is in on it too.

Yeah, because “principles” and stuff. Because enforcing the law is the most important thing there is, except for doing what the rich guys who fund the establishment want. That’s really the most important thing.

Yeah, so after nearly two years of tiresome finger-wagging about “the Rule of Law” and how we need to put our “principles” above our desire for “winning,” the whole sordid scam we always knew it always was is revealed for the world to see. They can’t hide it anymore and they aren’t even trying. Their glorious “conservative principles” aren’t principles at all but a skeevy ploy designed to tie our hands and keep us from pursuing policy goals our establishment coalition partners disfavor. They want open borders. They want illegals. They want cheap foreign labor that doesn’t get uppity to man their donors’ corporations so the Captains of Crony Capitalism don’t have to fuss with American workers who won’t tolerate being treated like chattel. Yeah, “we’re better than that” all right – if you mean that we are better than enforcing the laws the American people passed through a constitutional process if the ruling class decides it doesn’t like them.

“The Rule of Law” is for us, not for them. “The Rule of Law” was supposed to be a shield to protect us from the ravages of the powerful, but our Truer-Than-You Cons use it as a sword to cut our legs out from under us and keep us from defending our own interests.

Oh, you can’t possibly exercise the power against our leftist enemies that they always exercise against you. Because principles.

Oh, you can’t possibly be uncouth and actually fight back against our enemies. Because principles.

Oh, a principle is getting in the way of something the establishment wants? What’s a principle?

So now, suddenly, Congress is moving to try and keep DACA alive through – gasp! – legislation, though that’s probably not going to happen since most GOP legislators understand that amnesty is ballot box poison. See, that’s why they loved DACA – they can’t pass it as a law, so they simply feigned outrage for the benefit of us rubes when Obama did exactly what they wanted with his pen.

And in the most Congressional GOP move of all possible Congressional GOP moves, they now want to try to pass a proposed DACA fix using Democrat votes and so their proposed deal to the Democrats – who really, really want 800,000 future voters – is to trade it for…wait for it…still waiting…nothing. The GOP isn’t asking for anything. No new limits on immigrants, no reform of chain immigration, certainly no wall. Nothing. I hope the dealer tries out this innovative new negotiation strategy on me the next time I bargain to lease a fine German sports sedan.

Actually, the GOP does get something – shafted, as usual. Yeah, their deal is we give you Democrats what you want and, in exchange, you call us racists when Elizabeth Warren proposes to declare all these middle-aged Dreamer kids US citizens. Because, you know, they had dreams and stuff.

Pathetic. You know, it’s becoming clearer and clearer that the real reason the Republicans don’t want to end the filibuster to allow them to pass legislation is that they would then be expected to pass legislation that their voters want and the GOP establishment doesn’t.

Here’s the thing. There are two parties in America, one to the right and one to the left. The left/right spectrum used to be the only axis that mattered, and the coalitions within the parties fit pretty well, if not perfectly. But the bipartisan establishment, the meritless meritocracy that rules us, grew more arrogant even as it grew more inept. It ignored problems and troubling trends even as it cashed-in for itself over the decades. I remember working in Congress back in Washington in 1986, and the region was not rich and it was not fancy. But now it’s fantastically rich and fantastically fancy. But the establishment ignored the normals out in America as it gorged on the fruits of the normals’ labor, and that’s why a second axis arose and intersected with the American politician spectrum. This new axis measures pro- or con- regarding the status quo and the ruling class. So now there are really four political parties stuffed into two political party infrastructures:

Right, pro-establishment (The RINOs)
Right, anti-establishment (The Trump voters)
Left, pro-establishment (Hillary’s snobby urban corporatist jerk corps)
Left, anti-establishment (The Bernie/Warren/Stalin Axis of Venezuela)

This explains why we see the DC establishment unifying to protect its power and privilege – and holding us normals in utter contempt. Most Democrat senators and Republican senators have much more in common with each other than with us – to the GOP establishment, Trump’s clearly the bigger threat than a counterpart across the aisle. It also explains why you hear about Bernie supporters who went for Trump instead of Felonia von Pantsuit. That’s the fault line – the desire to keep or destroy this monstrous status quo. This new axis will reshape the political parties as their uncomfortable coalitions jockey for control of their respective party’s infrastructure (Yeah, the Dems have big problems too). Hell, it may reshape – violently – our whole country if we aren’t careful.

The fact is that the establishment doesn’t care about “the Rule of Law” or “principles” – it cares about its own power and maintaining the status quo. So keep that in mind the next time you hear some establishment snob lecturing you on how you are morally obligated not to do anything to advance you own interests because of “principles.”

It’s all just another lie.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 04, 2017, 01:36:35 PM »
Could not agree more with the above.  We all know they will not rescind/reverse or let lapse  DACA.

The name will be changed but there will be some sort of "pathway"  and the "great humanitarian compromise "  will show how nice we as Americans really are.

By the end of the same day the Dems will be back to  trashing the lackey Rs again. 

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
REpubs => fools again
« Reply #195 on: September 13, 2017, 08:42:11 AM »
Who defines what a "hate " group is?  Don't liberals hate conservatives and vice a versa?

80 % of the county can fall into the designation of a hate group.

This any one from either side can simply designate the other a "hate " group and use the power of the government to prosecute.

I find it hard to believe NSA and other gov unintelligence agencies do not already have data on this stuff anyway:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/congress-sends-anti-white-supremacist-measure-trump-013040254.html

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: REpubs => fools again
« Reply #196 on: September 13, 2017, 09:47:00 AM »
"Who defines what a "hate" group is?  Don't liberals hate conservatives and vice a versa?"

I hate the leftist ideas and what they have done and are doing to this country.

The point in hate crime is the word, crime, there needs to be a crime involved.  Hate itself without a crime I think falls under free speech, impliedly including free thought.  Bad thoughts or animosity should be legal, ending at the point of where a person is inciting violence or committing a crime.

But if they commit a crime and if we enforce it and have a serious punishment for it, who cares about the hatred?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 10:00:20 AM by DougMacG »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: REpubs => fools again
« Reply #197 on: September 13, 2017, 01:27:57 PM »
I'm glad our republican congress is working on important things like this. It's not like there are more important things they promised.

"Who defines what a "hate" group is?  Don't liberals hate conservatives and vice a versa?"

I hate the leftist ideas and what they have done and are doing to this country.

The point in hate crime is the word, crime, there needs to be a crime involved.  Hate itself without a crime I think falls under free speech, impliedly including free thought.  Bad thoughts or animosity should be legal, ending at the point of where a person is inciting violence or committing a crime.

But if they commit a crime and if we enforce it and have a serious punishment for it, who cares about the hatred?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Conservative, Inc., Is Being Replaced By Us Militant Normals
« Reply #198 on: September 25, 2017, 11:03:10 AM »
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2017/09/25/conservative-inc-is-being-replaced-by-us-militant-normals-n2385943

Kurt Schlichter |Posted: Sep 25, 2017 12:01 AM 

I guess now we’re not supposed to be fighting culture wars anymore – man, it’s so hard to keep up with these ever-changing new rules! I’m old enough to remember way back to 2016, before Trump got nominated, and I could have sworn Conservative Inc., was gung-ho for the whole culture war thing. But then Trump actually fought it, taking on the big, soft target that is the spoiled, semi-literate athletes who like to rub their contempt for the flag we love in our faces in the guise of woke wokedness. Now we suddenly discover that fighting back is horribly uncouth and déclassé and “Oh, well I never!”

Gosh, I would have thought from all those cruise panels about how our crumbling culture is slouching toward Babylon and the need to resist the liberal onslaught that maybe we ought to actually resist the liberal onslaught, but see, that was my mistake. I took it seriously when Conservative, Inc., promised to fight the leftist blitzkrieg against normal Americans. It was all a scam, a lie, a pose for us rubes. The Tru Cons didn’t actually mean it.

There’s a lot of that not meaning it going on in the GOP right now. Exhibit A is John McCain, who ran ads touting how he was leading the way in opposing Obamacare only to give it aid and comfort when someone in the White House would actual sign its repeal. He’s the guy the establishment designated to lose to Barack Obama in 2008, and he was sure up to the task. But in retrospect, thank goodness, because McCain’s inevitable presidential betrayal of conservatives by breaking his word then and treating GOP voters like he treated his first wife would have done exponentially more damage to conservatism than Trump being prevented from keeping his word today ever could.

It’s so good to know that, despite his wonderful, close, awesome friend humiliating him while lying to Arizona’s voters, Lindsey Graham is still the blue falcon’s buddy. No hard feelings!

There used to be a thing called “conservatism,” and I knew it pretty well since I was part of it for about a third of a century. But conservatism changed, becoming less about principles (though the wusscons never shut up about them) and more about money-grubbing navel gazing and intellectual onanism. Actual Republican voters, actual normal Americans? Well, they became kind of beside the point in the tumbler-klinking world of the John Boehnercons, and to the corporate-friendly compassioncons who put the interests of everyone else (including the act of lovers) ahead of the GOP voters who voted the establishment in.

Conservativism forgot about the real world conservatives we expected to line up behind us. While we were talking about free trade, we were ignoring that GOP voter who fought in Fallujah, came home, got a job building air conditioners, raised a family, and then one day watched the video of the oh-so-sorry CEO – who looked remarkably like Mitt Romney, because all these guys look remarkably like Mitt Romney – sadly informing his beloved employees that their jobs were getting shipped to Oaxaca. And our response to the 58-year old Republican voter who asked us how he was going to keep paying for his mortgage and his kid in college? Pretty much, “Well, that’s how free enterprise works. Read some Milton Freidman and go learn coding.”

That’s not a response, not for a political party that requires people to actually vote for it. That’s an abdication, but what did Conservative, Inc., care? Priorities! “There’s this new tapas place in Georgetown everyone is talking about – the other night, my buddy from the Liberty Freedom Eagle Institute for Liberty, Freedom and Eagles saw Lawrence O’Donnell there getting hammered!”

How about the guy who wanted to be a roofer in Fontana but he couldn’t because the contractors were only hiring illegals? What was our answer to him? “Oh well, the big corporate donors need their serfs, and if some pack of tatted-up MS-13 dreamers gang-rapes your daughter that’s just a price we’re willing to pay!”

They try to crush our religion and Conservative, Inc., cowers because Apple’s CEO might say mean things. “Just bake the cake,” they say – it’s not worth the fight! They demand our tax money to kill babies and Conservative, Inc., passes the spending bills – “Gosh, we can’t risk the WaPo saying we’re mean!” They diss our National Anthem, we react, and Conservative, Inc., wags its soft, spindly fingers – “So, so very unpresidential! My word!”

Conservatism has become a racket, and everything happening now is a result of its members hoping to wait out Trump and the demand for change he represents. Maybe if they do nothing, but say all the right things, we normals will get tired and go back to our jobs and keep providing those votes and renting those cruise cabins. But that’s not happening. We aren’t going away; business as usual is over. We aren’t just giving up, tossing away our country, and submitting to the ruling caste. We were nice with the Tea Party. Trump’s not as nice. What’s coming after is going to be much, much less nice.

What’s coming after is militant normalacy, the not-so-polite demand that the lackwits and failures who style themselves as our betters stop dumping on us normal Americans who work hard and play by the rules (Gosh that sounds familiar, like it used to be a winning electoral recipe, if only I could remember where I heard it before).

Who are the normals? The Americans who built this country, and defended it. When you eat, it’s because a normal grew the food and another normal trucked it to you. When you aren’t murdered in the street or don’t speak German, it’s because a normal with a gun made those things not happen. We normals don’t want to rule over others. We don’t obsess about how you live your life, but also we don’t want to be compelled to signal our approval or pick up the tab. We are every color and creed – though when someone who is incidentally a member of some other group aligns with normals, he/she/xe loses that identity. The left drums normals who are black out of its definition of “black,” just as normal women get drummed out of womanhood and normal gays get drummed out gayhood. In a way, the left is making E pluribus unum a reality again – to choose to be normal is to choose to reject silly identity group identification and unite. Instead of saying “normal Americans,” you can just say “Americans.”

Note that while leftists rail against the term “normals” (When I use it on Twitter, the reactions are always delightful!), they will never, ever demand to be counted as one. That’s because they hate normal Americans, wanting us enslaved or dead. How do I know? They tell me on Twitter, again and again and again.

Militant normality is growing as normals awaken to the indisputable truth of our enemy’s implacable hatred for us and everything we hold dear – like America. The sight of moron sportsball players disrespecting normals warms libs’ frigid little hearts – and make no mistake, that diss is aimed straight at us, not at some musical number. All these cultural aggressions are aimed at us, from demanding you obey their pronoun proclamations to requiring your daughter share a toilet with a dude in a skirt. This is how they seek to break us.

That’s why the shameful abdication of Conservative, Inc., in the cultural fight is both important and irrelevant. It demonstrates that the first loyalty of many folks in the conservaracket is to the ruling caste to which they belong, and it also demonstrates that these wimps’ absence from the battle means nothing.

We’ll fight this fight ourselves, thanks. Sometimes we’ll fight it by rediscovering the joy of a late evening without hack TV comics lecturing us about health care (Hey, Jimmy Kimmel had a sick son, and that unusual and unique experience means he has unusual and unique insights!). Sometimes we’ll hit the remote and spend our Sunday not watching future vegetables hating on our country when they aren’t smashing into each other. Sometimes we’ll mock these idiots mercilessly. We may even launch a Conservative Insurgency. And if they keep pushing, getting violent and trying to strip us of our sacred rights, we might get even more frisky, and then it’ll get ugly.

But we’re not giving up, and we’re not going to sit back and just take it. Militant normalcy is the result of normal people roused to anger and refusing to be pushed around anymore. We prefer a free society based on personal liberty and mutual respect. But if you leftists veto that option, that leaves us either a society where you rule and oppress us, or one where we hold the power. So let me break this down, both for the left and for their fussy Fredocon enablers: You don’t get to win.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Cognitive Dissonance of the Republicans, Both sides openly splitting the party
« Reply #199 on: October 11, 2017, 09:14:15 AM »
WSJ editorial page calls the wall builders "restrictionists":
https://www.wsj.com/articles/immigration-bait-and-switch-1507590119
"Immigration Bait and Switch
Trump bows to the restrictionists and may scupper a deal.
White House demands include 70 immigration “priorities” that amount to everything that the restrictionist right has ever sought. They include appropriating funds to complete a wall along the southern border and slashing legal immigration by half.
"

I am a big fan of the WSJ opinion page - since the late 70s. (That doesn't mean I agree with them on everything.) In the age of Trump and to his supporters, they are the enemy, called "establishment" and worse.  Ask Bannon, Buchanan and Sparta about that.  A critical distinction in immigration is the difference between legal and illegal.

Ann Coulter in 'Adios America' went after legal and illegal immigration and Trump launched his campaign based on her findings.  But that has nothing to do with software engineers and needed entrepreneurs, etc.  Trump, you are President now, draw a distinction.

Why is the wsj editorial board opposing a "wall" (didn't we have an election on that?) and why is the Trump side opposing the good side of legal immigration? 

Back to the article:  "The real labor problem is a shortage, as the jobless rate has hit 4.2% nationwide. America’s tight visa caps are sending high-tech jobs to Canada and agricultural production to Mexico."

Why are they using  a failed measure of the left, jobless rate 4.2%, when 100 million adults don't work?  And why is the Trump side opposed to bring the best and the brightest in, especially when they hold the screening controls?

And why the name calling?  "Restrictionists".  Answer in kind?  The vitriol on the other side is worse.  Ask Sparta
what they think of Rubio.

WSJ continued:  "Many Republicans also oppose the wall as a needless waste of money that won’t stop criminals and drug traffickers. The costs would vastly outweigh any benefits, especially since border apprehensions have been falling during the Trump Administration and are down 24% from last year. The number of unaccompanied children who are apprehended has dropped by more than half since last October.

If Mr. Trump feels he needs a symbolic wall victory, he’d be smarter to settle for a virtual wall with drones, aerostat blimps and towers with infrared sensors to fill gaps in fencing where the border patrol has difficulty accessing. Newer technology has facial recognition features that can capture biometric data. A virtual wall could be installed within months, not years, and it can be continually improved.
"

The fall in border crossing is not reason to change the policy and this is not an either/or decision.  (Again), we had an election on this and elections (should have) consequences.  We need some kind of a wall and we need all of these technologies.  The days of organized crime and Mexican gangs 'controlling' need to be over, and if you want Trump voters to move past single issue politics, build the damn wall.

Name calling and parotting the left does not pass for persuasion.

Immigration and free trade are big splitting points on the right.  How does this get resolved?  Divide and lose?  Why not find reasonable solutions and pass them.