Author Topic: 2020 Presidential election  (Read 148720 times)

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Presidential election
« Reply #1100 on: October 29, 2020, 12:29:25 PM »
If the presidential election was held today, would you vote for Donald Trump or Joe Biden?"

National Daily Black Likely Voter % For
@POTUS
 - October 26-29, 2020

Mon 10/26 - 27%
Tue 10/27 - 30%
Wed 10/28 - 30%
Thu 10/29 - 31%

I hope something close to this comes true.  A move of 3% would be significant.  A move like this of 3-fold is earth changing.  Without minorities, without working people, without rural and small town support, weakening Muslim support, weakening Jewish support, weakening gay support. and with young people unenthused by old left leadership, the lily-white, ivory tower elites are left with no coalition. 

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: October 29, 2020, 12:39:02 PM »
As I have mentioned previously, in 2016 were we to add the Libertarian vote to Trump and the Green vote to Hillary, Trump would have won the popular vote by a tiny margin.

Tordislung:  FYI, I ran for US Congress 3X for the Libertarian Party (1984, '88, '92)

The nice thing about being a Libertarian is that anyone of us could end up running for President!

Actually becoming president is a different story...

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: October 29, 2020, 01:54:55 PM »
Florida voting lead is now down to 169k with two hours to go before closing for the night.

32k net change in favor of Donald. All good news.
PPulatie

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: October 29, 2020, 03:40:01 PM »
Son got to work 3 days this week.  Went to downtown SF today.

Busiest part of the city, maybe 1 car parked per block.

No pedestrian traffic when it should be totally crowded
Coffee shops have little business and closing no later than 2 pm.

Restaurants mostly closed

Offices deserted and closed.

Thank you Newsom
PPulatie

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: October 29, 2020, 04:45:32 PM »
Son got to work 3 days this week.  Went to downtown SF today.

Busiest part of the city, maybe 1 car parked per block.

No pedestrian traffic when it should be totally crowded
Coffee shops have little business and closing no later than 2 pm.

Restaurants mostly closed

Offices deserted and closed.

Thank you Newsom

It's not the virus, it's the Democrats vision for America.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 06:01:18 AM by DougMacG »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Presidential election, " transition from oil"
« Reply #1106 on: October 30, 2020, 06:31:41 AM »
Hey Joe Biden, how are you going to deliver how are wind turbines and solar panels without roads built with oil? How are you getting to your climate conferences without jet airliners powered with jet fuel? Sailboat?

What happens your ambulance has a long day and a low battery warning?

How many more nukes aimed at us will the Russians build when your energy surrender policies double the price of oil?

Does anybody think this stuff through before handing our policy making to the far Left?

Even the Left mentors Stalin, Mao, Castro and Chavez were not anti-oil.
----------
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/10/30/why_oil_must_remain_part_of_our_future_144558.html

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: October 30, 2020, 07:21:10 AM »
Trafalgar has Trump within 2 points of Biden in NV.
PPulatie

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: October 30, 2020, 07:38:43 AM »
More reports of the Black vote for Trump being far greater than in past elections. 

Could a Red Tsunami be building?

BTW, doctor friend who hates Trump read Biden's policy section on website and is totally freaking out. Definite Trump voter now.
PPulatie

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: October 30, 2020, 07:45:26 AM »
"BTW, doctor friend who hates Trump read Biden's policy section on website and is totally freaking out. Definite Trump voter now."

what kind of doctor PP?

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: October 30, 2020, 07:52:45 AM »
Orthopedic surgeon.  Retired except for consulting.  The nuerologist who immigrated here from Afghanistan through the Netherlands also going Trump. But he is conservative.

Hearing more and more people now coming out in support in the oriental community here.
PPulatie

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: October 30, 2020, 07:58:09 AM »
Florida Early Vote lead for Dems is down to 150k now. Figure about 120k by the end of the day.  Bad news for them.
PPulatie

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: October 30, 2020, 08:06:35 AM »
just wondering

some docs make > 400. K per yr
which puts then in the crosshairs of being labelled rich. ( orthos certainly fall in that range when working )

that said all taxpayers will suffer directly or indirectly of course
including me as a general internist

wonder what this retired doctor was thinking before he went to the Biden war site to think he might not vote for Trump
   personal character is no longer the issue anymore tho the Left wants to make it that .

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: October 30, 2020, 08:16:15 AM »
He hates Trump, the bragging, the ego, the lies and believes that Trump was corrupted by Russia after listening to the Impeachment Hearings. 

But he recognized that Biden had serious memory issues and talked with several neuro doc friends, who all said that Biden should be given a full neuro exam before being allowed to continue.

This same doc earlier in life, worked at CIA in Ops.  Spent time behind the Iron Curtain.  Have seen both bullet and knife scars on his body when we had summer parties and in pool.
PPulatie

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: October 30, 2020, 08:25:07 AM »
".He hates Trump, the bragging, the ego, the lies and believes that Trump was corrupted by Russia after listening to the Impeachment Hearings. "

so do I
there are huge negatives about him/ his personality is exactly like his sister tells us and that is obvious

but

he is to me, still better than ANY democrat
because the end results are  the key

I am not sure who on the Republican side could fight the Left like him

at least anyone who could otherwise win
    maybe Pence ?

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: October 30, 2020, 08:31:38 AM »
Pence is not the fighter like Trump. He would not generate the enthusiasm. This cycle, like 2016, needs a "big" man.

4th Turning Great Man appearance is Trump.  Have an idea what might happen after the election, depending upon results. Will require a new 4th Turning article,
PPulatie

Tordislung

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
2020 Election Texan Voter Turnout
« Reply #1117 on: October 30, 2020, 09:22:12 AM »
The voter turnout in Texas has already surpassed 2016's turnout.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-exceeded-entire-2016-vote-141400521.html

Doug, I live back and forth between two locations.

Crafty... Woof.

GM. Indeed the case in terms of opportunity.

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: October 30, 2020, 09:55:19 AM »
Florida difference now down to 162k. Already today, closed gap by 23k.

Only question is how Indies break and whether Reps are cannibalizing their votes.
PPulatie

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: October 30, 2020, 09:58:51 AM »
Trafalgar has Indies breaking 13+ for Trump. That occurs and FL is totally in the bag.
PPulatie

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: October 30, 2020, 01:35:34 PM »
Joe Biden was on the New Castle county council 48 years ago, last time Republicans won Minnesota in a 49 state sweep.  Today he wastes the crucial Friday before the election trying to shore up his one point lead.

Meanwhile Trump has 15,000 ready to see him in Rochester MN, home of the Mayo Clinic, while the state AG Keith Ellison tries to limit Republican events to 250 people.

Trump supporters will make up the majority going to the Biden rally as well.  I don't think I'll go to a car horn event.

270,426 is the biggest crowd ever at the MN state fairgrounds.  How many thousands will come out today to see Joe Biden?  I predict it will round to zero thousand attending.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: October 30, 2020, 01:51:34 PM »
Robert C. Cahaly  @RobertCahaly
Oct 28, 2020
Our new @trafalgar_group #2020Election #BattlegroundState #WIpoll conducted Oct 24-25 shows undecided shrinking and a razor thin Biden lead:
47.5%  @JoeBiden
47.1%  @realDonaldTrump
3.1%   @Jorgensen4POTUS
1.2% Other,
1.1% Undecided.
See Report: https://thetrafalgargroup.org/news/wi-pres-102520/
----------------------
If the goal is to help the Left win and take all our liberties, the 'Libertarian' wins.

Where is the Jill Stein on the Left.?

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: October 30, 2020, 02:31:25 PM »
Florida

116k difference with 2 hours to go today
-4K every half hour!
86.22% of 2016 turnout in Florida now
217,220 Democrat supervoters remaining
414,350 Republican supervoters
Trump has 0.03% advantage in early voting in Florida now

IT"S HAPPENING!
PPulatie

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: October 30, 2020, 02:32:39 PM »
Black and Hispanic vote appears to be cratering.  But increasing for Trump.
PPulatie

Tordislung

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: October 30, 2020, 02:55:50 PM »

If the goal is to help the Left win and take all our liberties, the 'Libertarian' wins.

You act as though President Trump and Director Regina Lombardo aren't currently doing that.

Didn't the ATF just issue a letter that potentially turned people into felons overnight (assuming they dont feel like sending their AOW's SBR's and pistols to the ATF for a 6-12 month, "points test")?

Sometimes, things have to get worse, before they can get better.
I'm not being smug. I don't know who will win. I know that both major candidates trample the 2nd amendment and I'll have no part of it. Line in the sand if you will. Throw the baby out...bathwater is cold.

Also old....is the Right thinking they're owed Libertarian votes and that it's never going to be reciprocated.

The whole thing going to hell in a handbasket is solid win at this point, being that BOTH Right and Left are seeking to expand big government..

Some in this country, remember what it was like to be free; others sadly, have forgotten or no longer care.

Biden, Harris....just as Hillary would have and Obama did, will force people to care.

"Shall not be infringed." Every gun law is illegal. Every single one.

My thoughts. Let it go the way of Rome. It will sooner or later anyways.

Edit: Looking back....nothing's changed... under Trump, ATF investigations immediately went up more than 10%....
The lie that the Right is somehow pro 2nd Amendment (evidenced by the finger pointing at Biden's Beto), needs to end. The right actually executes gun control more often and more effectively.

https://mises.org/power-market/jeff-sessions-wants-confiscate-your-guns
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 03:34:58 PM by Tordislung »

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: October 30, 2020, 02:58:27 PM »
115,198 Democrat vote lead in Florida now

Democrats are 39.57% total vote vs 38.17% Republicans in Florida in early voting. This is exceptional news for us.
PPulatie

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: October 30, 2020, 05:46:48 PM »

You act as though President Trump and Director Regina Lombardo aren't currently doing that.

Didn't the ATF just issue a letter that potentially turned people into felons overnight (assuming they dont feel like sending their AOW's SBR's and pistols to the ATF for a 6-12 month, "points test")?

Sometimes, things have to get worse, before they can get better.
I'm not being smug. I don't know who will win. I know that both major candidates trample the 2nd amendment and I'll have no part of it. Line in the sand if you will. Throw the baby out...bathwater is cold.

Also old....is the Right thinking they're owed Libertarian votes and that it's never going to be reciprocated.

The whole thing going to hell in a handbasket is solid win at this point, being that BOTH Right and Left are seeking to expand big government..

Some in this country, remember what it was like to be free; others sadly, have forgotten or no longer care.

Biden, Harris....just as Hillary would have and Obama did, will force people to care.

"Shall not be infringed." Every gun law is illegal. Every single one.

My thoughts. Let it go the way of Rome. It will sooner or later anyways.

Edit: Looking back....nothing's changed... under Trump, ATF investigations immediately went up more than 10%....
The lie that the Right is somehow pro 2nd Amendment (evidenced by the finger pointing at Biden's Beto), needs to end. The right actually executes gun control more often and more effectively.

https://mises.org/power-market/jeff-sessions-wants-confiscate-your-guns

Thank you for responding Tordislung.  You make some valid points but your conclusions are frightening, throw out the country, things have to get worse, go the way of Rome.  You may be armed well enough to live through that and I may not be.  You may have enough time left to try to see it rebuilt and I may not.

"Throw the baby out...bathwater is cold."   - I think that means kill the baby, not towel it off, warm it, hold it, dress it.

3% support is not what you build a majority movement out of.  Is it pursuit of government without winning elections?  I may not be 5 points away from you on a 100 point issues scale yet the way you define it, I am your enemy adversary and you mine.  Hard to build coalitions that way.

"Shall not be infringed." "Every gun law is illegal. Every single one."

- I tend to agree, although, like with free speech, there is some parallel with falsely hollering fire in a crowded theater not being protected speech.  As a practical matter, who are the judges, justices, constitutional scholars that argue for no restrictions whatsoever?  I would think that is not more than 3% of the electorate as well.  Again, hard to build a coalition.

"the Right thinking they're owed Libertarian votes and that it's never going to be reciprocated"

- I've had that problem inside the party.  Moderates vote party only if you nominate the moderate; they don't reciprocate.  Then Reagan broke the mold, and Trump.  But inside the R party is where this issue belongs IMHO.  Democrats are the enemy of these rights, even if Republicans are also encroaching.

No one is owed anyone else's vote.  I offered my opinion of your best interest - how to not lose more ground on gun rights.  You should not vote Trump or Republican if you are equally unhappy seeing either one win.  But plenty of people are voting against something in this binary election.

"Jorgensen wont win...but she's only aiming for 5% to get federal funding."

- J. won't win 5%.

The common premise of third party voters is that the other two parties are no different from each other to them; one is not better or worse than the other.  You make good points about both sides being unacceptable, but only blinders in my view could get you to believe there's no difference on gun laws and related constitutional issues  between those two candidates and parties.

Beto really does want to take away your guns and he is very close to getting the authority to do so.  Trump really does want you to be able to own and keep guns, even if agencies under his responsibility don't act like it, and even if he supports some restrictions.  Sessions was fired but that's another matter.

I'm no expert but pose this.  You have some gun rights now.  People here own some guns and ammo, legally.  Now think of places with oppressive governments where they do not.  I will guess Communist China, North Korea, Iran, inside the Soviet bloc before the fall, Jews under Hitler, etc. places where they don't let citizens arm. I don't see how you let us get closer to that, allow the more energetic, anti-gun, anti-Second amendment side to win and pack their court, pass their laws, enforce their laws, jail you, kill you perhaps and then believe you will somehow have better gun rights later. Things need to get worse to get better?  I would say things need to get better to get better.

When this ATF gets the full support of the new administration headed at some point by a lady to the left of Bernie and they have some trans-gender-studies-major lead the military to help on the ATF raids and they come for your guns, are you going to surrender or fight?  Fight back with your guns and you will be killed even if it takes a couple of attempts.  Surrender and I don't think you live long enough, no matter how young you are, to see some benevolent new government come in sweep in and restore rights that you should have now.

No response on the Judicial appointments.  Do you honestly think there is no difference a Scalia and Bader-Ginsburg or that's a meaningless difference?  Doesn't seem like a serious argument to me.  One side believes you have an individual right to bear arms.  The other supports all restrictions and total gun bans.

If guns are single issue, that makes coalitions difficult.  No empathy that my life's income can't ever be accessed even upon death under Joe Biden's plan or under economic collapse?  Throw that out with the bathwater Doug.  If you can't make coalitions with the economic liberty people or other aligned or overlapping interests, it seems to me that makes building a winning coalition unlikely. 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 06:12:16 PM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: October 30, 2020, 09:07:56 PM »
I ran for US Congress 3X for the Libertarian Party.

I left the Libertarian Party when the party's candidate for governor in CA had as a major issue the right to own ferrets or something like that.

FWIW my thoughts:

Third Party candidates have consequences.  Bush 43 won because of Ralph Nader.  Also worth noting is that Trump likely would  have won the popular vote but for the Libertarian candidate in 2016.

If you can't see a real world difference between Trump and Biden-Harris and Beta O'Rourke I don't know what to say.  Having just left California for North Carolina it is real clear to me.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: October 31, 2020, 05:41:32 AM »
"Having just left California for North Carolina it is real clear to me."

wow

congrats

fellow East Coaster

now the goal is to keep red states red
and not have them turned into California or NJ or NY etc

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: October 31, 2020, 08:33:55 AM »
How can anyone get a damned thing done with this election coming up?  Totally obsessed with it.
PPulatie

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 31, 2020, 11:34:27 AM »
Rumors are that Biden staffers are shopping resumes all across DC.

In NV, men are voting 48% to 46% women. That is unheard of.  (Other 6% claim they are furries.)
PPulatie

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 31, 2020, 02:37:50 PM »
"In NV, men are voting 48% to 46% women."

don't the hotel unions send out all their employees to vote DEm at the last minute in NV?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: October 31, 2020, 04:50:05 PM »
IIRC the article says the district in question is heavily Republican.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 31, 2020, 04:57:27 PM »
IIRC the article says the district in question is heavily Republican.

Then they'll most assuredly vote Dem.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: October 31, 2020, 06:42:36 PM »
Less risky would be to do what seems to be the case-- they don't get to vote at all.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: October 31, 2020, 07:04:52 PM »
Less risky would be to do what seems to be the case-- they don't get to vote at all.

Perhaps. I believe the dems are all in and there isn't anything they won't do at this point.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: November 01, 2020, 07:40:33 AM »
https://www.outkick.com/why-im-voting-for-donald-trump/

For those of you who are new to OutKick: here are my presidential votes since I became a public media figure in 2004:

2004: John Kerry
2008: Barack Obama
2012: Barack Obama
2016: Gary Johnson
2020: Donald Trump

I also voted for Al Gore in 2000 and worked on his political campaign as a college student.

For much of my adult life, I considered myself a Democrat, but in 2016 that began to change. In 2016, I wasn’t happy with the choices between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, so I voted for the Libertarian candidate, Gary Johnson. As a general rule, I have very many libertarian beliefs — I’m not a social justice warrior, but I also believe that adults, black, white, Asian, Hispanic, gay or straight, should be left to their own devices to pursue happiness as they see fit. I don’t care whom you marry. I don’t care whom you sleep with. I don’t care whom you worship. I believe you should have the freedom to make those choices.

I want the government telling me less, not more, about what I can and can’t do every single day.

My political beliefs are not new — if anything I believe the exact same things now for the most part that I did when I began voting for president in 2000 — it’s that the world around me has changed.

The Democratic party has moved in a massive way towards the far left wing over the past decade. They’ve embraced the idea of reparations, defunding the police, and of labeling our country systemically racist and unfair. I think all of these ideas, frankly, are madness.

And in the process I believe the Democratic Party, often fueled by a mob of blue checkmark brigade members on social media, has lost its connection with the regular people in this country. The Democratic Party used to be the party of average working people in this country, people like my mom and dad, who never made more than $50,000 a year in their careers. Now it has left those people behind.

Indeed, if you go back and look at Barack Obama’s 2008 campaign, that would be a Republican platform today. In fact, 2020 Democrats on social media would call 2008 Barack Obama — who opposed gay marriage and believed in immigration reform — a homophobic racist.

I supported Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012, and I still believe he was a uniquely talented voice for our country. I don’t regret my votes for him at all. But I do think the lesson the Democratic Party took from Obama’s wins was the wrong one — they embraced identity politics as the guiding light to lead them to success in the years ahead. They did this, I believe, because Obama motivated black turnout like no politician before him. But Obama wasn’t a politician who focused on identity politics. His campaign was not laced with accusations of systemic inequality, and it didn’t embrace the idea that America was a corrupt and venal land filled with racist and evil people.

Obama believed in the innate goodness of the American people and his story, his rise to the highest office in the world, represented the true fruition of the American dream. If we could elect as president a black man from Hawaii, the son of an African immigrant, a man with no political lineage or particular inside track to success, then how could anyone argue that success was walled off to anyone based on their identity at birth?

Hillary Clinton wanted Obama’s voters, but she lacked his political gifts. She tried to roll up black support by arguing Trump was racist. It’s the same choice being made by Biden today. I fundamentally reject the idea that America is a racist country. In fact, I think America is the least racist country in the history of the world.

I don’t believe any other country could elect Barack Obama.

I don’t believe Donald Trump is racist. I wouldn’t be voting for him if I believed he was racist. I believe we have to stop accusing people we disagree with of being racist, sexist, homophobic or whatever other personal insult you want to apply. Beat people on the issues, not with insults.

Our politicians don’t talk about it enough, but do you know who the highest earning group of people in America are today? Asian men. If America’s a hopelessly racist country, how do Asian men make more money than anyone in the country today? And if America is so hopelessly racist, how do immigrants of all racial backgrounds risk death to enter our land and then, once here, begin making more money than native born Americans within a generation?

Lots of people talk about leaving America, but do you know how many actually leave?

Almost no one.

That’s because America is, and has been for a long time, the greatest country in the history of the world. We are not perfect, but we are the least flawed country to ever exist in the history of humanity.

Having said all this, ultimately the 2020 presidential campaign is not about the past. It’s about the future. These are the five issues that matter the most to me, and the more I have studied them over the past year, the more I’m convinced Donald Trump is on the right side of these five issues.

1. We need to end cancel culture and allow a robust marketplace of ideas to flourish on our social media platforms.

I abhor cancel culture and identity politics with every fiber of my being. I believe the combination of these two factions — which effectively rule social media — represents the biggest internal threat to America in my life.

We have to stop canceling people. Period. None of us should be defined by a single Tweet, a single Instagram post, a single Facebook thought jotted off in an emotional moment from our phones as we juggle countless responsibilities of work and home life.

I believe the vast majority of Americans of all races and ethnicities agree with me about cancel culture being wrong for our country, but unfortunately I also believe the vast majority of Americans live in terror that they might be canceled at any moment. That their comment might go viral and they might be attacked by an angry mob and left without a job or a way to support their family.

In writing this column stating I’m voting for Donald Trump as president, I will become the first member of the sports media employed by CBS, NBC, ESPN or Fox to make this public statement. That’s not because I’m the only Trump voter in sports media. It’s because everyone else is terrified of losing their jobs if they publicly support the president. That’s the kind of environment that cancel culture creates, a universe where people don’t even feel safe telling you how they’re voting for fear they could lose their jobs as a result.

If wealthy people in my industry are terrified to say how they’re voting, imagine how a guy or girl making an average, or below average living, might feel? This isn’t healthy for our country.

I believe in the basic decency of the American people, but I don’t believe in the basic decency of big tech companies increasingly ruling our digital town square. I believe they have manipulated our emotions and created a fundamentally artificial representation of the world. Twitter is not the real world. It’s a carnival funhouse mirror.

A robust First Amendment requires an uninhibited — and free — marketplace of ideas where everyone is able to say exactly what they believe in their private lives without fear of cancellation. We need wider and more substantial debates than the artificially circumscribed lanes of debate which are being constantly narrowed and limited by social media companies today.

We can’t cancel cancel culture without expanding the parameters of our national debate and ending the rig job that exists on social media today. The attempt to suppress the New York Post’s Hunter Biden story should terrify every American regardless of your politics. We can’t allow big tech to pick sides, and it’s clear to me they have picked a side.

I believe Donald Trump is an often inarticulate voice in the fight against cancel culture — yes, his Tweets sometimes drive me crazy too — but I believe he’s ultimately on the right side of this issue. If Joe Biden wins, I think cancel culture will get worse, not better.

2. We can’t shut down the country’s economy again because of COVID.

I believe we have to learn to live with COVID, not curl up in the fetal position in our basements and shut down everything in the country.

COVID isn’t going away until we have herd immunity or a vaccine. That will likely take at least six or eight more months to occur. We can’t shut down our economy while we wait to get to this point.

The data is clear: we should have never locked down our schools and we should have never shut down our economy in the first place.

Back in March when everyone was uncertain about all the COVID impacts, a couple of weeks of shutdown may have been excusable. But since that time, it’s completely inexcusable.

The data doesn’t lie.

According to the CDC, the death rate for those people infected with COVID is minuscule. Most young people are under greater threat from the seasonal flu. Most healthy people under seventy having nothing to fear from this virus.

We need to protect the most vulnerable and aged people in nursing homes, but the rest of us need to be back to work, school, and play. We can’t live our lives in perpetual fear of death. I may die tomorrow. If that happens, I’ll be fine with that. Because I never lived a day ruled by fear in my life. The moment you allow fear to overtake you, I don’t believe life is worth living any more.

I believe Joe Biden’s entire 2020 campaign, when you boil it down, has been based on COVID fear porn. That’s it, the entire thing.

If COVID doesn’t arrive in our country, Trump would have cruised to a 2020 election win. He’d have had the greatest economy in the world. He’d have even more black and Hispanic support. Joe Biden would have lost, and I don’t believe the electoral college would have been close.

But then along came COVID.

The president’s response, like every leader’s response around the world, was flawed. China lied, the WHO failed us, and American and European democracies continue to bear the brunt of China’s dishonesty and dereliction. While America has had many struggles, our national COVID death rate, per capita, is lower than many European democracies.

But the media’s maniacal and dishonest focus on cases and deaths with COVID, not of COVID, have completely obscured the disastrous failures of our national shutdown, a shutdown which endures in many parts of our country. The lasting impact of the shutdown is going to be more severe for most people in this country than the lasting impact of COVID.

We’ve made the cure worse than the disease.

We absolutely, positively cannot shutdown this economy again.

I’ve fought as hard as I possibly can for sports to be played this summer and fall because there is no logical reason to keep sports from playing. It’s completely insane that LA Dodger fans can’t drive to Dodger Stadium in LA to watch a game in person, but they can drive to LAX, board a plane flight to Dallas and go watch the Dodgers play in Texas.

That’s completely nonsensical.

The South has had the best response to this virus in the country: balance out risk, but keep the economy open.

I believe if Joe Biden is elected, there is a good chance he will try and shut down this country again.

On this issue alone, I’d be willing to make my presidential choice this year, but the COVID issue just strengthens my resolve to support Trump.

3. I believe in confronting China as aggressively as possible.

Donald Trump is the most aggressive confronter of China in my lifetime. That doesn’t mean he’s perfect — I actually wish he was more combative in standing up to China — but he’s far more aggressive than anyone else in my life.

We are in the middle of a new cold war, and most Americans still haven’t realized it.

There’s a true battle over who will dominate the 21st century around the globe. Will it be China, with their lack of basic human rights, their trampling of free speech values, and their derogation of freedom of religion and the free exchange of ideas on the internet, or will it be America that dominates the 21st century?

Make no mistake, China is actively using American institutions like the NBA to try and tear down our American cultural systems founded on capitalism and free expression of ideas. What’s more, China is attempting to spread Chinese values around the world. They’re no longer content to merely suppress their own people. They want to suppress the world.

In far too many cases, Democrats have bent to China’s will.

We need to confront China like we confronted Russia during the Cold War.

We need to break China and send the message to the rest of the world that their communism is not the route to prosperity and free thought. It hinders rather than expands world enlightenment.

I believe Donald Trump will stand up to China more than Joe Biden will.

If you doubt me, consider this: if Trump loses, there will be parties in the street in Iran and in China because China and Iran want the president to lose.

If America’s greatest enemies — and the greatest enemies of freedom in the world — cheer a president’s defeat, how is that a good thing?

Newsflash, it isn’t.

4. I believe in keeping nine justices on the Supreme Court.

I can’t support Joe Biden because Kamala Harris was part of the worst moment in American politics in my lifetime: the 2018 Brett Kavanaugh confirmation hearings. Harris, who was one of the leaders of the Senate Democrats in those hearings, embarrassed herself and her country with the histrionic performances she put forth during those hearings.

The fact that grown adults quizzed a potential Supreme Court justice about his high school yearbook was a low point for Senate discourse in the 21st century.

Even today, neither Joe Biden nor Kamala Harris have been willing to answer whether they support the radical idea of packing the court with new justices in the event they are elected.

If the Democrats decide to add justices, then it won’t end there. Eventually Republicans will take back the Senate and the White House, and they will add their own justices. This threatens to turn the Supreme Court into a kangaroo court. Eventually we might have 25 justices, an unwieldly and impossible court to manage.

I’m not going to agree with all of the decisions rendered by Justice Gorsuch, Justice Kavanaugh, or Justice Coney Barrett, but all three of these choices were eminently reasonable Supreme Court nominees. I think they’ll do a fine job.

If Joe Biden wins this election and a justice dies or resigns from the court, I’ll support Biden’s right to pick a justice of his own choosing.

But we have to stop this ridiculous idea of packing the court.

I believe Joe Biden, who I think is a good and decent man and likely agrees with me that court packing is an awful idea, will be unable to stand up to the rabid ideologues on the left wing of his party on this issue. Frankly, I’m not sure he’s healthy enough to complete a full term in office, and I believe Kamala Harris is likely to direct many of the decisions made by his administration.

I think that will be very bad for our country.

Heck, the fact that Joe Biden hasn’t even been forced to give his own opinion on court packing is a fundamental failure of our media.

5. I believe in American exceptionalism and a capitalistic democracy, and I support our police and our military absolutely.

I believe America is the greatest force for good that has ever existed in world history. I believe in Western Civilization. I believe in equality before the law, in the brilliance of our founders, and in the importance of upholding the values they brought to bear in our Declaration of Independence and our Constitution.

I’m tired of seeing politicians apologize for America. Even worse than that, I’m tired of seeing police officers attacked on American streets for seeking to preserve law and order and American politicians excusing looting and violence.

It makes me sick to my stomach that the rates of murder and shooting have skyrocketed this year in most of our big cities. Because we’ve taken away the ability of police to do their jobs, the result is more deaths than we’ve seen in many years.

I’m fed up with media dishonesty, with an unwillingness to report facts that countervail the narrative that this country is evil and racist and dishonest and filled with moral turpitude.

I will support whomever is elected president in 2020, and I will root for that president to do well no matter whether I vote for him or not.

But ultimately I believe Donald Trump is the best option to make America even better than it is today.

I don’t expect all of you reading this to agree with me, but I believe it remains my obligation as a media member with a large audience on audio, video, and social media to be as 100% honest with you as I can every single day.

Which is why I’m letting you know that, come Tuesday, I will be voting for Donald Trump in 2020.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: November 01, 2020, 08:04:18 AM »
Two questions:
1. Are the polls tightening because Trump and Republican support is increasing or are they tightening to reduce the magnitude of their known errors?

2. Does anyone else live in a house divided? If so, how does that work?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: November 01, 2020, 11:20:23 AM »
Two questions:
1. Are the polls tightening because Trump and Republican support is increasing or are they tightening to reduce the magnitude of their known errors?

Like the media, Pollsters work as propagandists first.

2. Does anyone else live in a house divided? If so, how does that work?

I wouldn't, because it won't.

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: November 01, 2020, 12:58:10 PM »
Now have Trump at 320 EV with potential for 6 more, NV.

Undecided's are breaking to Trump.  Also some pollsters are trying to get things closer so that their loss will look more credible.

Biggest problem I am facing now is that there is "too much data" coming in. Mail in and Early Voting has totally warped traditional methods and statistical analysis. Plus with Covid, a dementia riddled candidate, pollsters trying to appease their clients and others not revealing their internal methodologies, pulling my hair out.

PPulatie

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: November 01, 2020, 02:20:51 PM »
quote author=ppulatie :-D
------------
41% in Iowa doesn't just happen in Iowa. They're seeing all the same things that everyone else is seeing, and Biden support is tanking.
https://41jellis.medium.com/forty-one-percent-a70c68a4dc22

I predict Trump wins. My confidence level is zero. I predict Republicans win the Senate 52-48. My confidence level is zero

If pp is right and the win is big, I don't see how this doesn't move the house as well.

And if this is an across-the-board loss, my life is changed.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: November 01, 2020, 02:26:07 PM »
These Trump rallies in aggregate put the campaign in touch with a lot of Voters, not just the attendees.

Nothing gets people in touch with the campaign faster in all the right places.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: November 01, 2020, 02:29:03 PM »
quote author=ppulatie :-D
------------
41% in Iowa doesn't just happen in Iowa. They're seeing all the same things that everyone else is seeing, and Biden support is tanking.
https://41jellis.medium.com/forty-one-percent-a70c68a4dc22

I predict Trump wins. My confidence level is zero. I predict Republicans win the Senate 52-48. My confidence level is zero

If pp is right and the win is big, I don't see how this doesn't move the house as well.

And if this is an across-the-board loss, my life is changed.

Yes, civil wars have a way of changing lives.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
2020 Presidential election, trafalger, huge Trump win
« Reply #1145 on: November 01, 2020, 02:30:56 PM »
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/11/trafalger-pollings-robert-cahaly-predicts-huge-trump-win-sunday-morning-futures/

Robert Cahaly: What we are seeing is a movement toward Trump with late breakers. We are also seeing folks that had initially given every indication that they were going to support Biden or they were undecided moving toward Trump. And the issue we see moving on is the shutdowns. Even young people we’ve identified who don’t like the president. They like shutdowns even less. Even suburban women who said they have problems with the president, they like their children home and shutdowns even less.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Our last chance
« Reply #1146 on: November 01, 2020, 02:37:32 PM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: November 01, 2020, 03:14:26 PM »
Last chance

the next "best/worst " outcome is the Left destroys the country so bad

with tech clinging on and MSM continue  promoting their agenda (so they can thrive ) till it is obvious to everyone else what a disaster Left policies have been the  majority of voters come around and beg for return to American patriotic values

the damage by then will be enormous
but who will be there then ?  nikki haley - I don't think so.

Chinese CP members are ready at the gates for all this

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: November 01, 2020, 03:19:39 PM »
Just like the fighting lineage of a martial art, extinction is only one generation away.

President Reagan also spoke of this dynamic.

The Progs have sterilized the transmission of the American Creed to our presently young generations.  We must impart the American Creed to our young!!!

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: November 01, 2020, 03:29:06 PM »
That won't happen. Mass amnesty and open borders will ensure that the left never loses power again. See what happened in Venezuela. They thought that when Chavez rose to power, he'd screw up and get voted out. Chavez made sure his power structure would be permanent. The same will be done here.

Last chance

the next "best/worst " outcome is the Left destroys the country so bad

with tech clinging on and MSM continue  promoting their agenda (so they can thrive ) till it is obvious to everyone else what a disaster Left policies have been the  majority of voters come around and beg for return to American patriotic values

the damage by then will be enormous
but who will be there then ?  nikki haley - I don't think so.

Chinese CP members are ready at the gates for all this