Author Topic: 2024  (Read 71726 times)

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
jury "nullification" for Trump in opposite direction then for OJ
« Reply #1300 on: April 12, 2024, 08:24:23 AM »
https://www.thewrap.com/oj-juror-who-raised-black-power-fist-salute-black-panther/

what I worry about is jury nullification in Trump trials
like they did in Simpson trial - as a different juror then this stated quite matter of factly on a later interview

payback for Rodney King police getting off.

Obviously, what the prosecutors are counting on as we all can see.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Big on boasts, short on specifics
« Reply #1302 on: April 14, 2024, 10:32:53 AM »
So what would DJT do at this point other then tell us over and over again that this would NEVER have happened if he was President which is all hypothetical and conjecture and not factual reality?

He states Israel should finish the job ASAP but how much is he willing to commit to US assistance other then supplying arms?

Bottom line he is boasting big.

Questions remain.
I suspect he would not give too much space for Hamas and their Palestinian supporters (the majority)
I suspect he would not cave to the anti Zionists
I suspect he would do his best to supply arms etc.
I wonder if he would commit to any further US involvement.
Sounds to me like Biden has been ultimately supportive of Israel militarily but a failure on the PR front and caving into the anti-semites at home front.

Would DJT support a strike against Iran?

No one can say.

Ruminating about the windbag boasts of Trump.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
author of article criticizing Trump about history is wrong about history
« Reply #1303 on: April 15, 2024, 09:02:22 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-s-gettysburg-remarks-trashed-by-civil-war-historian-unhinged/ar-BB1lEU1O?ocid=msedgntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=83173eedea8c401aad456727f5a34098&ei=16

" A Civil War historian has called the remarks Donald Trump made about Gettysburg during a campaign rally "unhinged."

Writing on X, formerly Twitter, T.J. Stiles said the former president's take on the Battle of Gettysburg, which was fought between July 1-3, 1863, and killed an estimated 51,000 people, was "inarticulate" and "reductive."

51,000 people were NOT killed.  That is the number of total casualties.
In McPherson's 'Battle Cry of Freedom' he estimates that of total casualties during the Civil War battles that around ~ 15 % were deaths.
The rest of course wounded, missing, or captured.
Of course some of the missing were also actually killed vs deserters.

https://www.historynet.com/gettysburg-casualties/

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: 2024
« Reply #1304 on: April 16, 2024, 06:40:01 AM »
CCP:

I take something of a different tone here.

The man is dealing with a tidal wave of legal issues, including at present being required to be in court for a stalinesque show trial based upon a disgrace to America of a legal charge while being gagged by court order in front of a jury quite likely to convict regardless of the facts or the law all while running for president.

Actually, I find how he is holding up quite impressive.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: April 16, 2024, 06:47:05 AM »
I would like to know what DJT WOULD do in the situation in the Middle East.

His schtick is that this would never have happened because adversaries would be so terrified of his unpredictable behavior.

But we do not know that.
What would he do now?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: April 16, 2024, 08:12:30 AM »
"His schtick is that this would never have happened because adversaries would be so terrified of his unpredictable behavior.  But we do not know that."

Disagree.  We do know that.  He hit Iran hard with sanctions and withdrew from the JCPOA.  He killed Suleiman.  He killed Bagdaddy.  He killed 250 Wagners.  He sent 39 cruise missiles up Russia's ass in Syria between the main course and desert at Mar al Lago with Xi sitting right there.  He recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capitol.  He took down the ISIS Caliphate.  It is his work that changed the landscape in ways that set up things like this: https://www.dailywire.com/news/saudi-arabia-publicly-acknowledges-defending-israel-from-iranian-attacks-reports?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro&fbclid=IwAR1ra5h-fBJ7tq8gNYhgWhQXtZYfgtJJnQqy8U6lrWKdXiJ8KAGwE4qqmK0

Seems to me like a pretty strong track record.

"What would he do now?"

He has said that Israel made a mistake by taking too long in Gaza.  Sounds to me like he is saying that Israel should have kept moving forward and not fallen pray to Magoo's dithering.  He would reimpose and enforce sanctions on Iran.  He would not give Israel excrement.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: April 16, 2024, 08:43:59 AM »
Great post. The actions described tell why Oct 7 might not have happened under Trump.  And the Russian Ukraine invasion.  The action against Soleimani means the next Soleimani must wonder if the next attack he orders will be his last.

Moving the embassy was bold.  Abraham Accords are game changing.

Just backing Israel verbally and in the phony UN is a major step up from what we have now.

We visited the beautiful Golden Gate bridge Sunday.  Yesterday it was blocked by "Free Palestine" protesters.  Good grief. Hope they don't block the airport today.

Whatever "Palestine" is, wouldn't throwing Hamas out be the first step?

In Florida, blocking traffic is against the law.

The Chicago convention will show what a mess the Dem party is. Besides the liberal Jews with no political home, are the gays excited about Jihadists taking over their party? 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 08:53:04 AM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: April 16, 2024, 09:36:13 AM »
Yes, Florida immediately clears and arrests traffic blockers. 

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: April 16, 2024, 10:58:58 AM »
great points
I agree.   8-)

need to push back on Obama Sullivan Blinks Rhodes appeasement approach which is a sure failure.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Tariffs are now good
« Reply #1310 on: April 17, 2024, 09:36:43 AM »
stealing from Trump pre election:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/president-biden-moves-to-triple-tariff-rates-on-chinese-steel-and-aluminum/ar-BB1lLAaQ?ocid=msedgntphdr&cvid=e1eb6978e79445698071f43b3ce5d6ef&ei=33

Trying to pull a Clinton - steal from Rs just before the election
The media now will laud this oppose to bashing it when it was DJT.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: April 19, 2024, 06:15:13 AM »
Biden is the nominee because:
a. He is a great President,
b. He is the only one who can beat Trump,
c. Democrats don't admit their mistakes, or
d. The Dem field is really that bad.

Correct answer IMHO is combination of c. and d.

Biden made a resurgence in (2) polls, which makes no sense,
but is trailing or tied in all swing states.
https://www.realclearpolling.com/latest-polls/election

Trump was campaigning in New Jersey this week, promising to expand the map.  (Make Biden come out.)

Trump could be competitive in MN if he solves the suburban voter deficiency.

Larry Hogan (R) (ino) leads by double digits in Maryland.  Manchin's seat is already lost. The next 5 flip opportunities favor Republicans. Potential gain for Republicans 7.  Potential loss for Democrats 7.  Total swing potential 14. The Senate is lost for Democrats, hopefully for a generation or more.

The Republicans House is a mess. Still it's hard to imagine if Trump is so bad that voters support Trump but swiing to Democrats for the House. Maybe in hope of divided power but it's the policies, not the man they favor. The country needs all 3 to get the policies changed, otherwise it is 2-4 more years of stagnation decline on the road to total destruction.

Money is an issue. Democrats know how to raise it.  Republicans only know how to alienate people with solicitation texts and emails every hour.

I will give but it would be nice if it was part of a coordinated effort, and if the money went to messaging swing voters, not just for more solicitation of more money from me.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 07:04:56 AM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: April 19, 2024, 08:55:28 AM »
The Rep House is incoherent.

If I were Speaker, I would be organizing a coherent effort to play chicken:

Pass HR-2 in exchange for $$$ for Ukraine.  Defend America's borders as price to defend Ukraine's borders!

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: April 19, 2024, 09:34:57 AM »
The Rep House is incoherent.

If I were Speaker, I would be organizing a coherent effort to play chicken:

Pass HR-2 in exchange for $$$ for Ukraine.  Defend America's borders as price to defend Ukraine's borders!

Nice idea but it doesn't look like one additional law or funding will cause this administration to change its ways.

The Venezuelan who murdered Laken was on parole for reasons outside of the current law. So we pass more laws?

Impeachment had no effect.  We didn't even get a trial.

More like withhold all funding of everything until they do their job but obviously the majority aren't willing to go there.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
No Myorkas trial
« Reply #1315 on: April 19, 2024, 09:43:30 AM »
"Impeachment had no effect.  We didn't even get a trial."

off the top of my head I cannot think of any Cabinet member more derelict of duty, subverting existing law purposely to harm the country and its' citizens.

yet the Dems voted in lock step to allow this to continue.

and so did Murkowski in the first of two votes
or I think she did not vote or something like that.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Meghan Kelly on Joe Biden bringing back Title 19
« Reply #1317 on: April 21, 2024, 12:41:24 PM »
I post in this thread because I think this is a VERY EFFECTIVE COUNTER TO THE LEFT'S CLAIM THEY ARE FOR WOMEN'S RIGHTS ETC.

WE SHOULD BE SCREAMING THE LOUD AND CLEAR THIS LEFT WING ASSAULT ON WOMEN'S AND ALL PARENTS RIGHTS EVERY CHANCE WE GET.

https://okmagazine.com/p/megyn-kelly-no-way-vote-joe-biden-stance-transgender-issues/

In a recent podcast she was cursing up the wazoo at her outrage of Biden forcing woke ideology down parents and children's throats.

She even admitted she voted for a man that includes these letters in his name in '20 for the first time she was so mad.  Hint :  J, B, N , O .   :-D

here is the podcast:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/bidens-outrageous-title-ix-changes-hurting-women-and/id1532976305?i=1000653009336

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
For 18 to 29 yo The economy and abortion are most important
« Reply #1318 on: April 21, 2024, 01:00:15 PM »
Byron York:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/daily-memo/2971303/whats-most-important-to-young-voters/

hard to believe abortion tops everything else .......

True?
if so, they are brainwashed.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: April 21, 2024, 04:53:20 PM »
FOX reported a poll showing RFK on ballot hurt Trump more than Biden.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Bill Barr has come around
« Reply #1321 on: April 24, 2024, 09:58:37 PM »
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/04/24/barr-republicans-have-to-win-because-vp-harris-is-in-the-batting-circle/

I forgive him.
except he should have appointed special counsel to investigate the '20 election rigging.

I don't like Trump either (hell he should be up by 10), but it is time to face the music. He is the choice and  we need to save USA not as Mitt Romney wring our hands over decorum.

What a total jack ass he has been.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Bill Barr has come around
« Reply #1322 on: April 25, 2024, 07:06:36 AM »
"I forgive him.except he should have appointed special counsel to investigate the '20 election rigging."

- Yes. When he said the election wasn't stolen, the right answer was the election wasn't investigated so we don't know.

A 'deplorable lack of curiosity'.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Maybe there will be a debate
« Reply #1324 on: April 27, 2024, 06:27:41 AM »
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2024/04/26/biden_tells_howard_stern_i_am_going_to_debate_trump_i_dont_know_when.html

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/donald-trump-joe-biden-debates/2024/04/26/id/1162573/

I will believe it when I see it.
Biden will probably insist it be done on MSNBC or CNN will very leftist moderators.
Will insist on the questions ahead of time.

We will see.......

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
2024 Dr, Jill Stein, co-opting the protest movement
« Reply #1325 on: Today at 07:54:14 AM »
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2024/04/28/watch_police_use_force_while_arresting_green_party_presidential_candidate_jill_stein_at_pro-palestinian_protest.html

There is a video interview at the link.  Getting arrested might be her big break.  For a radical, she sounds quite reasonable.  Democrats, especially young Democrats, the 50% that support Hamas should take a look at her.  (I hope she divides the party and the Left vote.)

She isn't going away.  She isn't going to endorse Joe Biden in the end.

Like Ralph Nader in Florida in 2000, he said (paraphrasing), 'I didn't cost Al Gore the election.  Those weren't his votes I took.  They were my votes.'

This anti Israel movement is anti Netanyahu and equally anti Biden.

It's dangerous and sad for the country but division could be helpful in ending the reign of the Left.  Radicals and normal Democrats shouldn't be in the same party.  If Joe tries to be more centrist to win the center he will lose the Left.  They ca start saying 'uniparty'.

Recall how we watched the Republicans (in the House for example) struggle to keep  their members in line while Democrats all lined up behind Nancy Pelosi.

This threatens all that.

She rips into RFK as well, no ally there.

Jewish heritage, (Israel hater).  Way more articulate than Bernie Sanders.  Now she has an audience and an anti-war cause, speaking up against the crackdown on the college 'protests'.

https://en.wikipedia.org//wiki/Jill_Stein
In 1973, Stein graduated magna cum laude from Harvard College, where she studied psychology, sociology, and anthropology.[7] She then attended Harvard Medical School and graduated in 1979.[7] Stein practiced internal medicine for 25 years[8] at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Simmons College Health Center, and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, which are all located in the Boston area. She also served as an instructor of medicine at Harvard Medical School.[9]
« Last Edit: Today at 09:59:24 AM by DougMacG »