Author Topic: 2024  (Read 65369 times)

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
dick Morris A: only Trump can win
« Reply #200 on: July 17, 2022, 09:46:14 AM »
I don't agree
at all
and he has been wrong many times with his predictions (Romney will win)
and a bit self serving here vying to become a Trump advisor ( I suspect)

but worth a minute read:
https://nypost.com/2022/07/17/ted-cruz-scotus-gay-marriage-ruling-was-clearly-wrong/

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: dick Morris A: only Trump can win
« Reply #201 on: July 17, 2022, 09:20:37 PM »
Until vote fraud is addressed, this is all just fantasy.

I don't agree
at all
and he has been wrong many times with his predictions (Romney will win)
and a bit self serving here vying to become a Trump advisor ( I suspect)

but worth a minute read:
https://nypost.com/2022/07/17/ted-cruz-scotus-gay-marriage-ruling-was-clearly-wrong/

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
The new [Rino] Party -> Forward Party
« Reply #202 on: July 28, 2022, 09:36:31 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-former-republicans-democrats-form-223654665.html

so far their web page is a complete blank

https://fwdtogether.org/

Liz Cheney could be the pres nominee

speaking of Christie Todd Whitman -
 she borrowed from the state pension funds

now the majority of NJ residents are working to pay the retirement pensions of state workers into infinity:

https://www.njspotlightnews.org/2022/05/nj-state-owes-bondholders-more-than-48-billion-up-4-billion-last-fiscal-year-among-most-indebted-states/#:~:text=The%20new%20official%20accounting%20of,not%20come%20as%20a%20surprise.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: 2024
« Reply #203 on: August 14, 2022, 04:18:39 PM »
Is it true that if a presidential and VP candidate are from the same state that they cannot receive the electoral votes of that state?

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 15, 2022, 12:27:23 AM »
Is it true that if a presidential and VP candidate are from the same state that they cannot receive the electoral votes of that state?

Yes.

https://www.history.com/news/can-the-president-and-vice-president-be-from-the-same-state

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Just thinking to '24
« Reply #205 on: August 27, 2022, 11:41:17 AM »
take the possibilities

Garland does as Dershowitz thinks he will not

he indicts Trump

can anyone imagine the fireworks over that

goes to Grand Jury in DC - we know the result ahead of time for. that
we have a trial

it goes to DC or Florida ?

Trump is convicted or not convicted

if the former then my understand is he cannot run for President

but then of course he will anyway

and whether on the ballot or not in whatever states
   he will be write in name by millions

then what?

if he is not convicted this gigantic political fight will go away ( of course the MSM will be screaming along with "BIG LIE " all day and night but they are going to do that anyway

if he is convicted will Desantis run
then it will be possibly millions writing in Trump's name and dividing our party

(nothing new here - think the we are in deep doo doo guy who split the independents away from GHBush in '92 handing the election over the Clinton who won with less then 50% of the vote (indeed he never had over 50% but was 2 term president!)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 27, 2022, 11:57:23 AM »
I would rather DeSantis but do not see how we get there from here.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 27, 2022, 03:41:11 PM »
I would rather DeSantis but do not see how we get there from here.

You would prefer DeSantis to lose to the mysterious 4am vote counts?

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Trump popularity down?
« Reply #209 on: September 19, 2022, 01:29:42 PM »
everyone here knows I greatly prefer DeSantis, so

the only thing that surprises me about this is I see at one of the headers on Populist Press

a definite MAGA site  :-o:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/trump-slump-new-signs-appear-showing-the-dons-popularity-is-waning

my only fear is if this continues will the Donald drag the party down by dividing us amongst ourselves

way too soon to say but I hold this in back of my mind

we need someone who has >50% popularity

not sure if DeSantis can do it either though

W. got > 50 % of popular vote in '08.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Newsom to run if Biden does not
« Reply #210 on: September 20, 2022, 08:14:28 AM »
Do I remember correctly that I was the first here to name him in this regard?  :-D

https://dailycaller.com/2022/09/19/gavin-newsom-run-for-president-2024-biden-doesnt/?utm_medium=email&pnespid=urg2ET0XbbkD2v3M_zrrCsqBvk6sU8ZzP.rh2.oyoRpmAoKnWhQ1nKcm6Lfw8HdbgJY7voQ8

I recently saw a clip of Newsom at a press conference announcing some big CA foolishness-- the man will be formidable.  At the moment I see him as the easy winner of the nomination.  Not only are the national Dems utterly pathetic, but Newsome also would have Aunt Nancy's machine behind him and with her leaving Congress she would have nothing else to do.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 20, 2022, 09:54:19 AM »
another mike dukakis if you ask me

but yeah

and so no one is asking me,

all the big dem spenders and party machine

will line up with glee

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Newsom to run if Biden does not
« Reply #212 on: September 20, 2022, 10:17:24 AM »
Newscum can point to the success he has with California!

Do I remember correctly that I was the first here to name him in this regard?  :-D

https://dailycaller.com/2022/09/19/gavin-newsom-run-for-president-2024-biden-doesnt/?utm_medium=email&pnespid=urg2ET0XbbkD2v3M_zrrCsqBvk6sU8ZzP.rh2.oyoRpmAoKnWhQ1nKcm6Lfw8HdbgJY7voQ8

I recently saw a clip of Newsom at a press conference announcing some big CA foolishness-- the man will be formidable.  At the moment I see him as the easy winner of the nomination.  Not only are the national Dems utterly pathetic, but Newsome also would have Aunt Nancy's machine behind him and with her leaving Congress she would have nothing else to do.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 20, 2022, 12:07:03 PM »
Understood and agreed 100%-- and just as we see across the landscape for November, as far as winning elections go that is really not enough.

He's good looking, confident, supremely glib with Prog lingo, he has Aunt Nancy's machine behind him in Washington-- and he is YOUNG; with him the Dems solve their gerontocracy issues. AND, HE WILL HAVE THE PRAVDAS BEHIND HIM FULL FORCE. 

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 20, 2022, 09:39:35 PM »
2022 and 2024 will be stolen even more obviously than 2020.

Plan accordingly.

Understood and agreed 100%-- and just as we see across the landscape for November, as far as winning elections go that is really not enough.

He's good looking, confident, supremely glib with Prog lingo, he has Aunt Nancy's machine behind him in Washington-- and he is YOUNG; with him the Dems solve their gerontocracy issues. AND, HE WILL HAVE THE PRAVDAS BEHIND HIM FULL FORCE.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Biden will not be Pres nominee in '24
« Reply #216 on: November 02, 2022, 07:21:41 AM »
once a Dem has the NYT publishing their flaws
and it even shows up on leftist dnc yahoo news

then we can be sure
he will not be nominee in '24

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-verbally-fumbles-twice-during-121129574.html

lets see. klobuchar , newsom, clinton , and butti (and abrams since she will not be gov)
and harris will try ......

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
leftist media starting to move full tilt to get dirt on DeSantis
« Reply #217 on: November 06, 2022, 10:07:13 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-students-ron-desantis-said-184813756.html

no dirt here but possible they found some democrat who claimed something bad that they are saving for Oct surprise later on.........

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
President Fetterman, 2024
« Reply #218 on: November 09, 2022, 08:31:09 PM »
"President Fetterman, 2024"

Oh good, I'm not the only one thinking he might be the best Democrat in the country right now:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1590519242067443712
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 08:36:16 PM by DougMacG »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 12, 2022, 01:10:43 PM »
DeSantis # 1 choice
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-hair-blowing-in-wind-photos-2018-4

Dick Morris will be all over newsmax trying to save his book sales and future political advisor gig

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
PP: 2024
« Reply #221 on: November 16, 2022, 06:25:30 PM »

THE FOUNDATION
"The aim of every political constitution is, or ought to be, first to obtain for rulers men who possess most wisdom to discern, and most virtue to pursue, the common good of the society; and in the next place, to take the most effectual precautions for keeping them virtuous whilst they continue to hold their public trust." —James Madison (1788)

IN TODAY'S DIGEST
Trump 2024: 'This Is a Movement'
McCarthy Doesn't Yet Have the Votes
Executive News Summary
Missing the Point for World Cup
The Times Hedges Its Bets on Transgenderism
'Things Are Tough All Over'
DAILY FEATURES: Videos, Best of Right Opinion, Short Cuts, Memes, and Cartoons.
FEATURED ANALYSIS

Trump 2024: 'This Is a Movement'
The former president showed once again why he has won such a devoted following. Will it be enough?

Nate Jackson

"My fellow citizens, America's comeback starts right now," said Donald Trump about 20 minutes into an hour-plus speech last night. "In order to make America great and glorious again, I am tonight announcing my candidacy for president of the United States." It was an expected announcement and, just a week out from the 2022 midterms, officially kicks off the 2024 campaign. In many ways, Trump was on message and was the best version of himself, proving that he'll be formidable once again.

Trump is a master at painting things as an obvious binary choice between the worst disaster caused by his opponents and the best successes he brought and will bring again. Last night's speech was ultimately a very hopeful message, and it's a vivid reminder of why he evokes such devotion among disenfranchised and disillusioned grassroots folks.

He recounted his many admirable domestic and foreign policy achievements as president, and he celebrated all the new people he brought into the GOP.

"This is a movement," he said. "This is not for any one individual."

That's very true, and it's also not. Trump is famously obsessed with himself, usually splitting his time between accomplishing things and offering endless commentary about how awesome he is. And as he alluded last night, his second run has a lot to do with avenging 2020. Yet the vast majority of his speech was forward focused, hitting all the right themes, punching all the right villains, and making all the most appealing promises. It was full of the great and wonderful things he pledges to do again, in stark contrast to what is being done (horribly wrong) now by Joe Biden and his Democrats.

What Trump brings to the table this time is hope that the good days will return. He offers a chance to relive the prosperity our nation enjoyed from 2017 through 2019, and that's a powerfully appealing divergence from the terrible record of the current non compos mentis president.

If he sticks with that message, he may very well be the GOP nominee.

However.

Few politicians elicit the blind hatred that Trump does. Few can offset votes gained with votes against like Trump. Few have a record as full of self-sabotage and inexplicable hatred directed at allies as Trump. Democrats beat him in 2018, 2020, and again in 2022. They're quite eager to do it one more time in 2024. Those are just observable facts.

By his own doing, Trump has also lost a lot of conservative support. He has never won a majority of voters — not in the 2016 primaries, and not in either general election. Let's just say it's hard to believe that will change in 2024. Even if he somehow wins the presidency again, the then-78-year-old can serve only one term and would arguably be an immediate lame duck. Again, those are just observable facts.

Trump is trying to accomplish a feat achieved only by Grover Cleveland in winning another term after losing. There's good reason to think, however, that the better parallel is Teddy Roosevelt, who bullheadedly divided his party and handed the White House to one of America's very worst presidents, Woodrow Wilson.

Even so, Trump's most devoted supporters remain loyal to the end, and they'll ever-so-politely remind you that no one — no conservative, no Republican, no Fox News talkinghead, no analyst writing for a humble grassroots publication in the mountains of east Tennessee — is going to tell them what or how to think about Donald J. Trump. Woe to the scribes and pharisees who haven't learned that lesson by now.

The primaries will play out how they play out. Republican voters will have other candidates to choose from, and Trump will have to make his case, which is a strong one. No one brings to the table the base or the record that he does, and that will be a powerful force.

The first test of Trump's post-announcement influence will be the December 6 Senate primary in Georgia. Trump's antics in late 2020 cost the GOP two Georgia Senate seats, which brought about unified Democrat control in Washington and all the ills he bewailed while taking no responsibility for allowing. But last night, he stumped hard for Herschel Walker, saying how important it is to go vote for him. We'll see how that plays out.

Whatever happens in the GOP presidential primary, come 2024, Republicans will either be unified and victorious against whoever Democrats substitute for Joe Biden, or they will be divided, bitter, and angry over the primary fight — and they will lose.

That choice, dear voter, is up to you.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
WSJ: Nick Fuentes
« Reply #223 on: November 28, 2022, 04:16:47 PM »
Donald Trump’s Bad Dinner Guests
He still hasn’t apologized for hosting white nationalist Nick Fuentes.
By The Editorial BoardFollow
Nov. 27, 2022 3:53 pm ET

Donald Trump’s presidential campaign is barely two weeks old, and already it has his trademarks of bad company and bad judgment. Both were on display Tuesday evening when he hosted the rapper Kanye West (who now goes by Ye) and some comrades for dinner at Mar-a-Lago. One of the hangers-on was 24-year-old Nick Fuentes, a white nationalist who mocks the Holocaust.

Mr. Trump claims that Mr. West had asked to see him and brought along Mr. Fuentes. The former President says he didn’t know who Mr. Fuentes is, but both Mr. West and Mr. Fuentes have said since the meeting that Mr. Trump was impressed with Mr. Fuentes’s political insight. That may be because sources on hand for the dinner have leaked to reporters that Mr. Fuentes flattered Mr. Trump. Nothing goes further at Mar-a-Lago than flattery.

Others have lambasted Mr. Trump for hosting Mr. Fuentes, including David Friedman, who was ambassador to Israel during the Trump Presidency. Mr. Trump’s failure to vet visitors is an example of his usual lack of organization and discipline, especially given that Mr. West has also been spreading anti-Semitic conspiracy theories.

But worse is that Mr. Trump hasn’t admitted his mistake in hosting the men or distanced himself from the odious views of Mr. Fuentes. Instead Mr. Trump portrays himself as an innocent who was taken advantage of by Mr. West. This is also all-too-typical of Mr. Trump’s behavior as President. He usually ducked responsibility and never did manage to denounce the Proud Boys, the Oath Keepers, or others who have resorted to divisive racial politics, or even violence as on Jan. 6, 2021.

Morning Editorial Report

Mr. Trump isn’t going to change, and the next two years will inevitably feature many more such damaging episodes. Republicans who continue to go along for the ride with Mr. Trump are teeing themselves up for disaster in 2024.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: John Bolton in '24
« Reply #225 on: December 06, 2022, 03:08:10 PM »
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/12/05/bolton-i-will-absolutely-run-for-president-in-2024-to-stop-trump/

I was a fan but now I say: Not John Bolton.  He was a hawk, now he is single issue, Repudiate Trump.  It's backward looking and it's personal, for him. How 'bout leaders look forward and let history handle the past?

Repudiate Trump means repudiate thousands of things he did right.  We've got time to examine all those things one by one.

Bolton can run and get zero votes if he wants.

Also, not Mike Lindell.   

Not never-Trump.  Not all-Trump.  Not anything in 2024 to do with a guy who had a great win in 2016, except everything we can learn from it.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 07, 2022, 12:00:22 PM »
Well said.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
suspicious of all polls
« Reply #227 on: December 15, 2022, 06:59:54 AM »
I don't believe this poll:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/12/14/poll-trump-leads-desantis-18-points-potential-primary-matchup/

Trumpsters have reason to boost Trump
as do the Democrats to keep Trump in the game

and screw the Republicans

sorry I don't believe 18% more would vote for Trump over DeSantis

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
With Trump for Prez in '24
« Reply #228 on: December 15, 2022, 01:56:22 PM »
and Lindell as RNC chair

what could go wrong?:

https://nypost.com/2022/12/15/donald-trumps-major-announcement-is-a-cringey-ntf-line-of-himself/

sorry I have been done with the circus
I don't know how smart people like Greg Kelly can continue to support this stuff.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 15, 2022, 03:02:11 PM »
Pretty pathetic on more than one level.

Kudlow had a fellow former member of the Trump WH and the gist of his comment was "I'm very proud of the work you and I did for President Trump, but what do you make of this weird stuff he is doing now?"

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Trump speech protection list of to do's
« Reply #230 on: December 16, 2022, 07:29:20 AM »
Weird

he announced a great list of things he would do as President to protect Conservative speech

I saw it and as a conservative thought the ideas are spot on
But it seems to be wiped from internet and cannot find it now - no accident

but true to idiotic form Trump announces this just after he announces his NFTs trading cards
 that make a mockery of himself to be a narcissistic man child

AND ALSO TRUE TO FORM THAT IS ALL THE MEDIA TALKS ABOUT WHILE IGNORING HIS MORE IMPORTANT POLICY PROPOSALS.

can anyone find the proposals

wish I posted other day when I had list in front of me.

MSM as blacked it out.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 16, 2022, 07:33:38 AM »
I even go to his official website
and NOTHING about it there

only his usual solicitations for money
 :x

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 16, 2022, 07:49:29 AM »
"but true to idiotic form Trump announces this just after he announces his NFTs trading cards
 that make a mockery of himself to be a narcissistic man child"

So frustrating!!!

My armchair diagnosis is that there is a goodly amount of ADD mixed in.

I too would love to see his ideas to protect free speech.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 16, 2022, 09:41:28 AM »
agreed
outrageous

Dems are shoving all their shit down our throats

while running around like loons with MSM telling the world we are the threat to democracy

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Don't want Trump, but this is very wrong
« Reply #235 on: December 16, 2022, 07:21:54 PM »
Also unconstitutional, in my view.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
would trump run as 3rd party
« Reply #238 on: December 29, 2022, 07:46:15 PM »
sure , if he gets enough sycophants who tell him he could win

and thus continue the delusion in his mind to keep pushing forward

I mentioned before I am really worried he could bring us all down
out of spit, revenge and delusions of grandeur

those collectable cards he is hawking says it all
from this point forward

that said I wish we could get rid of McConnell as speaker
and McDaniel as RNC chair

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 23, 2023, 12:26:43 PM »
It appears Nikki Haley is running.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/nikki-haley-teases-presidential-run-would-begin-on-broken-promise

I like her almost as much as DeSantis.

Is Trump damaged goods, more so than at any other times? 

Are we setting up a fight no one can win?

Trump got in way too early for two reasons, to show his legal problems to be political, and to intimidate the field.

Does her jumping in as first of the rest show courage or make her cannon fodder?

Will she divide the DeSantis / not Trump vote and help Trump win the nomination, only to lose the general election?

Is it possible they could all remain positive and focused on the prize, and not beat each other to a pulp?

I think she has a great resume and a good conservative attitude toward the issues. I think DeSantis ran a larger, more politically divided state in more troubled times, made more of an impact.

She's female, weird to point that out, and has a little bit of color.  )

Very possible that Kamala is the incumbent by 2024.  Probably not the nominee if not the incumbent.

Some think it would be nice, 250 years later, if a woman became President.  I wish it would be one of ours.

Trump is focused on a rematch with Biden, which is so yesterday.

Among other things, I won't forgive him for his miserable first debate with Biden.  No amount of rally ranting will make up for that.

In 1968, when Democrats were tired of LBJ, they were teased with all the younger leaders (RFK was murdered) and ended up with LBJ's vice president as the nominee, Hubert humphrey, and he lost.

In 1980, when Democrats were tired of Jimmy Carter, they stuck with him, and lost.

The table is set in 2024 for a new leader, a real leader, a different kind of leader to emerge.  Both DeSantis and Haley have some traditional Republican in them and some potential for the boldness that will be required to lead in these times.

Maybe Trump is the odd man out and the contest becomes between others. Or maybe so many get in that it gets all muddled.  We will see.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 12:43:19 PM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 23, 2023, 03:11:27 PM »
"Among other things, I won't forgive him for his miserable first debate with Biden.  No amount of rally ranting will make up for that."

Makes one embarrassed to support him.

For me, Haley acted well, did her job at the UN well, and left with grace.  As best as I can tell she was a good governor (e.g. when that racist murdered a bunch of black people in their church while he was praying with them) BUT BUT BUT she was very much a BUSHIE and very anti-Trump during the 2016 primaries.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
WSJ: DeSantis becomes focus of Attacks
« Reply #241 on: January 25, 2023, 09:41:21 AM »
Ron DeSantis Becomes Focus of Attacks From 2024 GOP Presidential Hopefuls
Florida governor is seen by other Republican candidates as hurdle potentially as big as Donald Trump

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who was sworn in for a second term earlier this month, won more than half of the state’s Latino vote.
PHOTO: ALICIA DEVINE/ASSOCIATED PRESS
By Alex LearyFollow
 and John McCormickFollow
Jan. 25, 2023 7:00 am ET

Republican 2024 presidential hopefuls already knew they would have to contend with Donald Trump. Now they are increasingly concerned with another problem—how to get past Ron DeSantis.

Polls show the Florida governor either first or second in a still unformed primary field, along with the former president. While Mr. Trump retains significant support, many major donors, Republican leaders and some voters say Mr. DeSantis is the party’s future, as his eagerness to fight cultural battles and reject pandemic restrictions have boosted his popularity within the GOP, especially following his overwhelming re-election victory.

Other ambitious Republicans have begun to draw contrasts with Mr. DeSantis—who has never lost in three races for the U.S. House and two for governor—over a range of issues, from abortion to Covid-19 vaccinations and a showdown with Walt Disney Co.

They are scrutinizing his congressional voting record and past support of establishment GOP figures like former House Speaker Paul Ryan, and they are suggesting that the 44-year-old lacks the charisma and interpersonal skills for a national campaign.

Subtle, early attacks don’t appear so far to have damaged Mr. DeSantis, who is expected to join the nomination race after his state’s legislative session wraps in May. Mr. Trump is the only declared candidate.

In hypothetical polls, no others so far come close to Messrs. Trump and DeSantis. Yet that hasn’t deterred a number of candidates from considering entering, including former Vice President Mike Pence, former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin and South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott.

A DeSantis spokesman declined to comment for this article.

“When you’re at the top of the mountain, the guys that want to get there take shots,” said Brian Hughes, a strategist in Mr. DeSantis’s first congressional campaign. “The reality is he’s the most clear, consistent conservative being talked about.”

Much of the opposition is being waged behind the scenes, with allies of potential candidates pushing to reporters and party insiders what they see as Mr. DeSantis’s vulnerabilities. Still, open criticisms have begun to emerge.

A spokesman for Gov. Kristi Noem of South Dakota, who is contemplating her own 2024 bid, earlier this month accused the Florida governor of not supporting stricter abortion laws. “Does he believe that 14-week-old babies don’t have a right to live?” spokesman Ian Fury told National Review.

Mr. DeSantis last April signed into law a bill prohibiting most abortions after 15 weeks, with no exceptions for rape or incest, but was relatively muted about the subject while campaigning last fall. The Florida governor has since the election signaled a willingness to push for more restrictions.

Some possible Republican candidates and strategists believe efforts to use state power to challenge businesses such as Disney, which criticized a state law barring some classroom instruction on sexual orientation, won’t play well in a party that has traditionally called for a limited role for government.

“That’s a very Democrat, left-wing type of philosophy that we can get excited about when it’s our side winning the argument, but at the end of the day, it’s really promoting a bigger, authoritarian government telling people what to do and how to live their lives,” Republican New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu said. “I might disagree with the woke cancel culture that a private business is promoting, but I also believe very firmly that the free market will take care of it.”

Still, some Republicans believe Mr. DeSantis will need to tone down his partisan instincts. Former Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a moderate considering his own 2024 campaign, said recently on CNN: “He’s gonna have to figure out a way—if he wants to have a political future beyond Florida—to appeal to a broader audience.”

Potential opponents are also planning to present Mr. DeSantis as less than pure when it comes to objection to closures and vaccine mandates associated with the pandemic.

The governor was initially an enthusiastic vaccine supporter—video of which has been preserved by his potential rivals—but over time distanced himself from the shots. He had a dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine in private and later refused to say whether he received a booster, prompting Mr. Trump in January 2022 to suggest that it was gutless for politicians to refuse to state their vaccination status. Mr. DeSantis, for his part, has said he wished he had spoken out more against the Trump administration’s calls for a nationwide shutdown at the start of the pandemic.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Pompeo warming up
« Reply #242 on: January 25, 2023, 01:58:59 PM »
Pompeo Takes Aim at Fellow Trump Cabinet Members — and Potential 2024 Rivals — in New Memoir

While former president Donald Trump and Florida governor Ron DeSantis have largely dominated 2024-related headlines, former secretary of state Mike Pompeo captured the spotlight this week with the release of his new memoir, Never Give an Inch: Fighting for the America I Love.

While making the rounds to promote his book on Tuesday, Pompeo told CBS Mornings he and his wife plan to make a decision about a potential 2024 bid “in the next handful of months.” He again reiterated that Trump’s decision to run would not factor into his own decision.

"All the folks who decide to run will present themselves and their ideas," he said.

In a separate interview, Pompeo responded to Trump’s suggestion that it would be “disloyal” of his former cabinet members to run against him.

“When the president talks about being disloyal I think he just misunderstands,” Pompeo said during an appearance on The Brian Kilmeade Show. “The loyalty is to your obligation to the country, it’s your duty to the nation.”

He added: “If there’s a big campaign with lots of folks who get into the race, everyone should bring it, make their best arguments and let the American people sort it all out.”

Trump was largely spared from Pompeo’s harshest criticisms in the book, with the former CIA director instead training his fire on other members of the Trump administration, including likely 2024 contenders Nikki Haley and John Bolton.

Pompeo writes that he “worked the signal and was humbled to be part of an administration that was avoiding war and creating peace by putting America first,” but argued that some people in the administration “weren’t up for this” and were instead “worried that working for Trump would cause their exile from the clubby world of the foreign policy establishment."

“Their response was to put themselves ahead of the country,” he wrote. “Some resigned to protect their ability to join lucrative boards. Others made a living out of leaking to the press about how much they disagreed with the president. (Memo to John Bolton: I’m talking about you.)”

He blasts Bolton throughout the book, saying the former national-security adviser was “constantly scheming to win for himself and no one else.”

"I hope I can one day testify at a criminal trial as a witness for the prosecution," Pompeo wrote, suggesting Bolton should “be in jail, for spilling classified information” in his own book, The Room Where It Happened.

The former secretary of state also likens Bolton’s memoir to Edward Snowden’s release of classified information from the National Security Agency to reporters in 2013.

"At least Snowden had the decency not to lie about his motive," he writes. "Bolton spun his book as an act of public service to save America from Donald Trump, but he could not even be honest that he just wanted to make a buck. His self-serving stories contained classified information and deeply sensitive conversations involving a sitting commander in chief. That's the very definition of treason."

Bolton fired back against Pompeo’s claims, telling CNN that his book went through a pre-publication review that found it did not contain classified information.

"If he didn't know about it, it's incompetence in writing the book for not checking out the facts before he put it down on paper," Bolton said. "And if he did know about it, that's malicious and well beyond reckless to say things like that."

Pompeo also claims in his book that Haley plotted with Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump to steal the vice presidency from Mike Pence.

“As best [White House chief of staff] Kelly could tell they [Kushner and Ivanka] were presenting a possible ‘Haley for vice-president’ option. I can’t confirm this, but [Kelly] was certain he had been played, and he was not happy about it. Clearly, this visit did not reflect a team effort but undermined our work for America,” Pompeo wrote.

Haley dismissed the allegations and accused Pompeo of using “lies and gossip to sell” his memoir.

She then teased a 2024 run during an appearance on Fox News, saying: “As fun as it would be to announce right now, yes . . . we are leaning in,” when Sean Hannity asked her about a run.

“It is time for a new generation. . . . It is time that we get a Republican in there that can lead and that can win a general election,” she said.

Last week, Haley was asked about her comments in 2021 that she would not run for president in 2024 if Trump also ran. She said “a lot has changed,” noting the Biden administration’s botched withdrawal from Afghanistan, skyrocketing inflation, and “drugs infesting all of our states.”

“When you’re looking at the future of America, I think it’s time for new generational change,” Haley said. “I don’t think you need to be 80 years old to go be a leader in D.C.”

Haley has reportedly been making a number of behind-the-scenes moves to staff her 2024 team, as has former vice president Mike Pence. Pence’s team poached Tim Chapman, a top adviser to Haley, according to Fox News. Chapman will serve as a senior adviser on Pence’s Advancing American Freedom nonprofit.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
"premise poll"
« Reply #243 on: January 25, 2023, 06:49:25 PM »
finds Trump way out in front

https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2023/01/25/poll-trump-towers-over-potential-gop-primary-field-with-35-point-lead/

sorry
I don't buy this for a second

and who the hell is "premise "?

anyway?

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: "premise poll"
« Reply #244 on: January 25, 2023, 07:31:39 PM »
I was going to post a different one that I also don't believe.  Trump was well below 50% when he should be above 80% if he has the party behind him and DeSantis was above 30% when he should be near zero if the party is clamoring for more of Trump.  Leading by a little doesn't make Trump look good.and cherry picking false ones, like Dems do, sounds desperate.

Note to all, if these were true, it tells the score before the game starts

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
2024 and mastubatory wastes of time
« Reply #245 on: January 26, 2023, 10:54:06 PM »
Reality check: Trump was a fluke. The PTB will NEVER let an outsider become president EVER again.

They just blatantly stole elections AGAIN in key states like Arizona.

YOU CAN"T GET TO 270 WITHOUT THE KEY STATES THEY CONTROL THROUGH FRAUD.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: 2024 and mastubatory wastes of time
« Reply #246 on: January 27, 2023, 08:07:31 AM »
Reality check: Trump was a fluke. The PTB will NEVER let an outsider become president EVER again.

They just blatantly stole elections AGAIN in key states like Arizona.

YOU CAN"T GET TO 270 WITHOUT THE KEY STATES THEY CONTROL THROUGH FRAUD.

For sake of argument, let's assume there was cheating in all these close States in the tens of thousands of votes they needed and that swung the 2020 election and the 2022 Senate.

Now back up for a second.  Biggest cheat I know of (except for people like Saddam Hussein winning 99% of the vote) was Chavez recall, 2004. My understanding was that real polling was 60/40 against him and the software based, centrally manipulated vote totals were 60/40 for him and he stayed in power.

You argue, I think, that they (Dems / Left) will overcome any margin of vote against them. I argue they can't. They're cheating has been at the margins. They've almost been caught. People are starting to know what to look for if not how to stop them. We may have widespread denial of cheating, but we don't have widespread support for cheating.

So many questions are unanswered. If they can cheat by any amount, how did they lose the House? How did they win the Senate seats in Georgia but lose the governor race by a landslide? Did they forget to change those votes? How did they lose Miami and all the counties of the butterfly ballot debacle?

Most importantly, how did they only win the races where we had deeply flawed candidates? That goes beyond strange coincidence.

On that 60/40 example flipping to 40/60, I argue they cannot do that here now and we need to start winning enough to make sure they never can.

The precedent we should look at in the US is 1984. I get it that the electorate is different now, but that is the type of difference between philosophies that needs to be defined.  Reagan won with 58.8% of the vote (roughly the 60/40 split) and the most electoral votes in history.

If you accept the cheating argument, along with early voting ballot harvesting and so on, that they can get a few tens of thousands of votes in a few states when they need them, then we can't shoot for winning in a handful of states by a handful of votes. We need to define the issues in a 60/40 (or 80/20) sort of way.
-------------
Leaving all that aside and assuming it is met with pessimism, then what is plan b?

How many arms and how thick of concrete will I need to keep the Feds outside the perimeter of my currently unlocked and unsecured location?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 27, 2023, 08:27:45 AM »
Leaving all that aside and assuming it is met with pessimism, then what is plan b?

How many arms and how thick of concrete will I need to keep the Feds outside the perimeter of my currently unlocked and unsecured location?

"No-go zones" aren't just for our islamic friends. No man is an island. Tight-knit communities are what will survive the upcoming darkness. Well armed with food production and abundant water is essential.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 27, 2023, 08:58:12 AM »
The always interesting Gateway Pundit is not always reliable, but this certainly seems worthy of our continued attention.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/01/ready-exclusive-arizona-state-senator-wendy-rogers-reacts-newly-discovered-signature-verificatio/

Political problem now is that KL is now perceived as the boy who cried wolf.  It is almost three months since the election and it is natural that people have formed what are likely to be final opinions.