Suge wants a pardon
« Reply #550 on: June 17, 2023, 02:10:38 PM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: 2024
« Reply #551 on: June 18, 2023, 08:16:56 PM »

Saw the second half of Newsome's two-night interview with Hannity. The fukker is slick. Hannity could not lay a glove on him. If Biden is crossed out, he will got the nomination. If Biden chooses him for VP, Biden wins. (Remember who is aunt is too.)

He is young, good looking, oozes confidence, lies with smooth bullet points of non-sequitors, his aunt is Nancy Pelosi (!!!) so her machine will ramp up for him. Bill Gates/Fauci/WEF/Big Pharma/the Pravdas/the Progs love him. He will be their next Obama ascendant and their answer to their gerontocracy.

A Biden-Newsome ticket will answer the age/senility and the Cackling Kamala questions for those looking to an excuse to quiet their doubts.

If Biden dies or falls and can't get up I think he rather easily takes the nomination away from Harris. The utter national terror-stricken panic due to her assumption of the Presidency will see to that I think.

Newsome vs. Trump? I think Newsome would have Trump lunging after shiny object after shiny object and going ever more childish in his insults.

Remember the disgrace and shame of his second debate with Biden? I think he is worse in this regard now-- witness the Democrat type demagoguery of his adds aimed at DeSantis! That Cuomo handled the Wuhan Virus better than DeSantis?!? Seriously?!? What an insult to our intelligence!! Or witness the way he turned on Kayli McNamee when she cited a poll he did not like. He cannot even keep his lawyers -- and with the lawfare of the Deep State that is barely begun arrayed against him that could be yet another weak link in his chain of things he needs to be able to do and to handle.

If he calls for support in the street, I strongly suspect it will underwhelm to an embarrassing extent. He let his J6 supporters rot in solitary defended by DC public defenders. The man he pretends to be would have dipped into his billions to see to it that they had good legal representation. Where was he when Tucker began to make his J6 case with the tapes Speaker McCarthy gave him and was shut down by FOX?

With whom would he staff his administration? Who would work with him? I thought Pompeo a truly great Sec State. What chance a working relationship now? etc etc etc.

Newsome was and is a total medical fascism totalitarian and Trump simply is not the man to make the case. Indeed, he is quite weak on this and DeSantis strong-- this is why he made the absurd comparison with Cuomo.

And yet , , , when the man gets in The Zone, he is something special and he has fighting spirit up the wazoo and to take on the forces bent on our Country's destruction will take that in spades , , ,

Newsome vs. DeSantis? Well, we sure would know DeSantis a lot better than we do now should he succeed in getting the nomination! Presently I favor him over Trump.

That said, off the top of my head, I would say that DeSantis can speak articulately of the American Creed (I believe this to be important!) -- a commencement day speech or something like that convinces me of this. He has a strong analytical mind and his lawyerly training and experience should give him what it takes to handle Newsome's smooth lies.

Anyway, , , to bed.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 19, 2023, 06:55:25 AM »
"Saw the second half of Newsome's two-night interview with Hannity. The fukker is slick. Hannity could not lay a glove on him. If Biden is crossed out, he will got the nomination. "

I watched part of it and was shocked how Newsom ran statistics around Hannity for which he had NO answer.

The Republicans need to study that for his '24 run
which WILL happen when Biden term is near over,
he is not longer needed , and later polls show Newsom performs better.

I would like Kudlow to interview Newsom - he might do a better job concerning economic stats.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 19, 2023, 07:02:48 AM »
He'll do for America what he's done for California!

"Saw the second half of Newsome's two-night interview with Hannity. The fukker is slick. Hannity could not lay a glove on him. If Biden is crossed out, he will got the nomination. "

I watched part of it and was shocked how Newsom ran statistics around Hannity for which he had NO answer.

The Republicans need to study that for his '24 run
which WILL happen when Biden term is near over,
he is not longer needed , and later polls show Newsom performs better.

I would like Kudlow to interview Newsom - he might do a better job concerning economic stats.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 19, 2023, 07:05:45 AM »
GM
I don't know if you saw the interview - I only saw a small portion

you miss the point - if you listen to Newsom he has done great things in California

anyone debating him will have to correct him on facts

Hannity could not do it.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: June 19, 2023, 09:55:53 AM »
"You miss the point - if you listen to Newsom he has done great things in California.  Anyone debating him will have to correct him on facts. Hannity could not do it."

THIS.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 19, 2023, 10:41:25 AM »
I am not sure about DeSantis anymore , he gets so much bad press
and does not have the speaking charisma of Trump even though he is clearly better in other ways

Haley might be able to  but I agree she is too Bush lite.

I doh't know if Scott could do it although I like his message but so far it is only a message.

Christy is better when debating  facts but then he is Christy .....

Cruz maybe but then he is Cruz....

I like Byron Donalds who CAN think and talk and debate on his feet but he is not running

Youngkin maybe ?

Newsom with an adoring all in press once they get to the point it is finally time to throw the mummy under the bus
may well be more formidable then we realize.......

he certainly punched out  the fast talking Hannity for a unanimous
decision [though not a knockout or TKO ..... IMHO]

:-o

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 19, 2023, 11:59:24 AM »
Scott (love the vibe!) and Cruz are legislators, utterly lacking in life experience to be a chief executive.  Remember how Christie raped Rubio on this?

Christie has executive experience, but I lack any sense of what he is FOR, what his vision is.

Haley?  Nice resume, but again what is she FOR? 

I remain favoring DeSantis.  The campaign is young and some wobbles at the beginning should not be of lasting consequence.  OF COURSE he is being attacked!  Precisely because he is a genuine threat.  Strong record, proven ability to assess a situation and stand strong against the onslaught of the Pravdas, strong logical mind, honed by his years in the law.  Can marshal facts really well and make his points rather pithily.  Was a Congressman so there should be understanding as far as Congress goes.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 20, 2023, 04:35:36 PM »
National review quoting CNN poll:
"Across the political spectrum, Americans of all stripes believe that political bias played a role in the indictment. Ranging from Democrats at the low end (53 percent), to independent voters (67 percent), all the way up to Republicans (92 percent), voters across the country view the Department of Justice’s investigation into the former president as politicized."
------
Trump's lead over DeSanrtis marrowed to 47-26.

(If true) It's not a one man race for the nomination anymore.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Peter Navarro (we remember him, yes?) The MAGA argument for 2024
« Reply #563 on: June 21, 2023, 05:35:02 AM »

My post of a few minutes ago in the Europe-Russia-US thread makes a strong case for not letting Putin win in Ukraine.  The argument here, as much as I like most of it, argues for pulling the rug from under the Ukes.   As stupid and unnecessary as this war was, my thought at the moment is that the toothpaste cannot be put back in the tube.  And yes, there are deep problems with proceeding with the war. 

==============
The True Meaning of Trump’s MAGA’

Peace and prosperity for all Americans is GOP’s winning 2024 message

By Peter Navarro

Republican voters clearly embrace Make America Great Again principles, including reshoring U.S. factories, securing borders, strategic energy dominance, an end to endless wars, draining the swamp in Washington, and fair elections.

If this MAGA center holds, a Republican supermajority coupled with MAGA-leaning independents and Trump Democrats will deliver a Republican landslide.

Democratic strategists’ best chance of winning is to turn MAGA into a four-letter word associated with domestic terrorism and extremism. President Biden used this messaging with surprising success in the 2022 congressional elections, and Republican strategists must counter it by more clearly articulating “The True Meaning of Trump’s MAGA,” as my new book by that name describes it.

While normally I would shamelessly urge you to buy this book (a 99-cent Amazon Kindle steal), instead, I recommend former Navy SEAL Jack Carr’s new thriller, “Only the Dead,” as a far more entertaining grassroots MAGA primer.

Mr. Carr transcends his genre with razor-sharp prose offering a pitch-perfect MAGA view of America’s domestic fissures and geopolitical threats. Of the endless wars in Iraq and Afghanistan in which Mr. Carr so bravely fought, Mr. Carr’s protagonist offers this pure MAGA poetry: “They failed you and those they sent to fight. For 20 years. They filled the coffers of their defense industry allies, enjoying dinners and drinks with lobbyists, none of whom had the balls to step into the breach.”

From an Afghan peasant’s view, Mr. Carr reveals it was not just venal lobbyists sending America’s “paper tiger” to defeat. It was a “blind” military command making colossal blunders, e.g., opening a “second front” against Afghan poppy growers, which “turned more of the populace against” the U.S.

On the folly of Ukraine, a new endless war strongly opposed by MAGA, “U.S. ‘sanctions’ had the opposite purported effect,” strengthening the ruble and turning a Russian trade deficit into a massive surplus. Ironically, “because of their dependence on Russian energy,” the European Union transfers “more cash to Russia to fund the special operation in Ukraine than they [send] to Ukraine to fight the Russian military.”

Mr. Carr further illuminates treachery I’ve worried about since al Qaeda made billions “speculating” in the oil futures market prior to its 9/11 attack. It’s not speculation if you can manipulate the market by bombing the twin towers.

In advance of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, Mr. Carr similarly describes this obscenely profitable “managed speculation”: Anticipating an oil price shock following the invasion, Russian “oligarchs, senior politicians, intelligence directors, military leaders, and other friends of the Russian president” loaded up early on “out of the money” futures.

To evade anticipated U.S. sanctions, Russia sold futures contracts to China and India. Russia then made billions more by shorting oil prices at their peak as Mr. Putin flooded the world market and U.S. sanctions collapsed.

In MAGA Nation, we can only wonder why Mr. Biden’s Pentagon, Treasury Department and National Security Council aren’t investigating.

On the need for secure borders and strategic energy dominance, Mr. Carr laments how easy it is for terrorists from around the world to penetrate our borders even as he bemoans American politicians who spend “money they [don’t] have, throwing gasoline on the coals of inflation” while ignoring an increasing “dependence on foreign energy.”

As one Russian villain channeling MAGA’s Steve Bannon notes, America is “a nation in decline” that has “given up on national sovereignty, weaponized their justice system, politicized their military, and lost faith in their elections.”

As for the very real “Deep Swamp,” fictional Congressman Douglas Linden rails on “the lying, the doublespeak, the insider trading” and “family members” of politicians caught red-handed taking millions from foreign governments hostile to the U.S. Yet he cynically trades campaign contributions for legislative support of lawsuit immunity for Big Pharma vaccines.

Mr. Linden even acknowledges this Mike Lindell fair elections wisdom: “If you wanted to make elections more secure, you would get rid of the machines and require identification to vote.” But if you speak such an obvious truth, the “Twitter mobs” call you a “racist” and a “fascist.” So the congressman is “more than happy to take multiple votes from the same person.” Mr. Carr’s plea for a strong American manufacturing base in the interests of the Trumpian mantra “economic security IS national security” harks back to my Trump White House MAGA days: Most products “come from China, the precursor drugs for the antibiotics also come from China. Total [U.S.] dependence on their enemies only requires one additional step: microchips … [and that means taking] Taiwan.” To this “take Taiwan” end is a Russian plot to frame Iran for nuking Israel. Russia’s gambit is designed to divert America’s focus away from both the confl ict in Ukraine and a Chinese invasion of Taiwan with a new endless Iranian war. Russia’s goal: Spawn a new world order featuring a lethal Chinese-Russian axis with ownership of over 25% of global wheat exports, control of a significant percentage of the world’s energy and food supply, and the ability to starve and freeze out the West.

That it takes a Navy SEAL to illustrate MAGA principles so insightfully speaks as much to Mr. Carr’s blue-collar brilliance as it does to the failure of elitist American politics. We in MAGA want only peace and prosperity for all Americans by following MAGA principles. This must be the winning Republican message in 2024.

Peter Navarro served as former President Donald Trump’s White House manufacturing czar and chief China hawk. This column first appeared at https://peternavarro.sub-stack. com

====================
Putin’s to-do list

What would happen if Russia were to prevail in Ukraine?

By Clifford D. May

Western leaders have long misunderstood Vladimir Putin.

In 2001, President George W. Bush “looked the man in the eye” and “found him to be very straightforward and trustworthy.” Not exactly.

In 2015, President Barack Obama predicted that Mr. Putin would not want to “get bogged down in an inconclusive and paralyzing civil conflict” in Syria. Five hundred thousand slaughtered Arabs later, Mr. Putin has propped up his client, dictator Bashar Assad.

Angela Merkel made Germany dependent on Russian energy in the belief that Mr. Putin’s ambitions would drown in a river of euros. The chancellor was mistaken.

And after Mr. Putin dismembered Georgia in 2008 and annexed the Crimean Peninsula in 2014 (while inserting irregular forces into eastern Ukraine to wage an endless insurgency), American and European leaders went out of their way not to provoke him.

This may explain why President Biden, early in 2022, hoped Mr. Putin was planning only a “minor incursion” into Ukraine.

A question worth asking: Should Mr. Putin come out of this war looking and feeling like a winner — I’m hopeful about the current Ukrainian counteroffensive, but I rule nothing out — what would he do next? The answer, I assure you, will not be: “I’m going to Disneyland!”

Moldova is the lowest-hanging fruit. It’s not a NATO member, and its military capabilities are limited. Russia already occupies Transnistria, a strip of what used to be eastern Moldova between the Dniester River and the Ukrainian border. Moldova would probably fall to Mr. Putin within days.

Mr. Putin might want to formalize his control of Belarus, to which he recently deployed tactical nuclear weapons.

After that, perhaps a bolder move: The creation of a land bridge to Kaliningrad, a Russian territory — it was Konigsberg when it was captured from Germany in 1945 — 400 miles west of the Russian mainland.

Based in Kaliningrad is the Russian navy’s Baltic Fleet. Russian troops there are equipped with mobile nuclear-capable Iskander-M missiles, and sophisticated air defense systems. Russian tanks would roll west into Lithuania from Belarus and east into Lithuania from Kaliningrad. Mr. Putin would need to take only a ribbon of southern Lithuania — in particular, the main road running from Belarus to Kaliningrad.

But Lithuania is a NATO member, so Mr. Putin wouldn’t dare, right? Don’t be so sure. He’d likely call the invasion “a special military operation to restore Russian territorial contiguity at a time of increased NATO aggression against Russia.”

He might also charge that the Russian minority in Lithuania, roughly 7% of its 2.8 million population, is being oppressed and requires his help. Neighboring Latvia and Estonia, where ethnic Russians are close to a quarter of the population, could be dealt with later.

Mr. Putin could say to NATO: “I’m open to diplomacy — a land-for-peace deal. But if you’d rather wage war, you should understand that extreme measures will be considered.”

Now ask yourself: Which NATO members would be willing to risk a nuclear war with Russia over a ribbon of countryside in the southern Baltics? Turkey? Germany? France? Would most Americans support such a conflict?

It’s tough to see how NATO could survive if it failed to defend one of its members as pledged in Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty.

For Mr. Putin, NATO’s collapse would be a huge victory, one that his communist allies in Beijing and his Islamist allies in Tehran would regard as a significant battle won in their war against the West.

And in both those capitals, as well as in nuclear-armed Pyongyang, a lesson would be learned: The U.S. and Europe cave in to nuclear blackmail.

There’s one more geostrategic reality I want to mention. Sandwiched between Lithuania on the north and Poland on the south is the Suwalki Gap, a narrow stretch of Polish land running from Belarus to Kaliningrad.

A rail link just north of this corridor links Kaliningrad to the Russian mainland. But it functions under an agreement between Russia and Lithuania, whose relations are now severely strained.

A year ago, Lithuania, complying with European sanctions, prohibited the transit of coal, metals and building materials.

Kaliningrad’s governor called that a “serious violation” of the agreement.

A Russian invasion and occupation of the Suwalki Gap would also trigger Article 5. And it would cut off Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia from their NATO allies, complicating any attempt to provide materiel and reinforcements in case of a Russian invasion.

Not just coincidentally, comrade, two years ago, Russian and Belarusian troops staged a military exercise to practice closing off the Suwalki Gap and attacking Lithuania.

Perhaps you’ll say that, after the war in Ukraine, Mr. Putin wouldn’t have the resources and manpower necessary for such aggressions. But if he’s been successful, Tehran and Beijing would be as helpful as possible. The morale of his troops would improve. And he’d have millions of Ukrainians whom he could draft and then — with bayonets pressed against their backs — use as cannon fodder.

This much we should understand by now: Mr. Putin’s mission, as he sees it, is to restore the Russian Empire, which, for less than a century, was rebranded as the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics.

“If Russia is not defeated [in Ukraine], then it will just be a matter of time before it regroups, rearms, and that it will come for somebody next,” Lithuanian Prime Minister Ingrida Simonyte told a reporter last month.

In the Pentagon and at NATO headquarters in Brussels, geopolitical strategists should be imagining scenarios such as those described above. Defense plans based on deterrence rather than appeasement should be established. A good place to do that would be the next NATO summit. It’s scheduled for July in Vilnius, the Lithuanian capital.

Clifford D. May is founder and president of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies (FDD) and a columnist for The Washing-ton Times

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
2024, Trump DeSanrtis "Loyalty" argument, "I got him elected, therefore..."
« Reply #564 on: June 21, 2023, 06:07:33 AM »
https://nypost.com/2023/06/21/trump-claims-desantis-attacks-are-personal-calls-him-disloyal-for-running-against-him-i-got-him-elected/
-------------
Strange that the leader for the nomination Trump takes such losing arguments against his currently distant, second place contender, like these flawed arguments will be nails in the coffin.

1. The name calling, desanctimonius? It isn't catchy or effective.  It's more like projecting and reflects badly on the name caller.

2. He's been a mediocre governor?  Complete inability to celebrate victories other than his own -and his own victories are quite a ways back in the rear view mirror, followed by a LOT of losses.

3. Loyalty?  What, this is a Coronation?  More like a circus?  Loyalty was to not run against him last time.  How about a former leader almost Biden's age letting go and giving loyalty and trust  to the next generation of leaders?

"I got him elected.". Good f'ing grief. Trump is DELUSIONAL if he thinks his endorsement alone carries all recipients over the finish line.  Ummm, how about losing the US Senate, the race in Arizona?  Pennsylvania?  FOUR LOSSES IN GEORGIA?  Lost control of the House same year he endorsed DeSanrtis.  THAT was a referendum on HIM.  His own loss in 2020?  His shameful loss in debate 1 against Biden that year. What about law enforcement relating to these elections?  Wasn't he Bill Barr's boss?

He highlights all that is wrong with himself with these lame arguments, insecure with a 30 point lead, oops now 20, when he attacks his alleged protege.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 06:27:55 AM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 21, 2023, 07:38:49 AM »
Well stated!

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 21, 2023, 07:55:48 AM »
and only he , the greatest "deal maker " in history can fix Ukraine
N Korea  Iran and China

this would all be fixed with "amazing , greatest deals "in history "

"I have done more for Blacks then any other President in history !

never mind LBJ , Lincoln , Grant (who tried at least while he was able to)

I am tired of BS artists !

so are a hundred million other Americans.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 21, 2023, 08:06:21 AM »
I do think he is the man best suited to break out of the Ukrainian death spiral that is sucking all of us in.

Ditto China.

Ditto Iran.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 21, 2023, 08:07:20 AM »
Don't worry, the deep state will not let him win, no matter what.

and only he , the greatest "deal maker " in history can fix Ukraine
N Korea  Iran and China

this would all be fixed with "amazing , greatest deals "in history "

"I have done more for Blacks then any other President in history !

never mind LBJ , Lincoln , Grant (who tried at least while he was able to)

I am tired of BS artists !

so are a hundred million other Americans.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 21, 2023, 10:04:10 AM »
I do think he is the man best suited to break out of the Ukrainian death spiral that is sucking all of us in.

Ditto China.

Ditto Iran.

Never mind the deep state, the voters won't let him win.

I agree that Putin would not have invaded with Trump in the White House. But that ship sailed. Now we're discussing who can frame the best surrender to Putin agreement.

BTW, didn't we lose Hong Kong to China under Trump?  Didn't we lose the Wuhan lab origin argument to China and our own deep state under Trump? Now we know it's true.  No consequence.

His team prosecuted no one from Obama's IRS targeting scandal, partly because he had no team. Not a charge against Hillary either, in both cases because he was afraid it would come back to bite him. He got bit anyway. Trump kept Fauci at CDC and appointed Jay Powell to Fed chair. Trump's presidency has a great list of accomplishments, see our thread, now almost all undone in part because of his shortcomings. He wasn't the silver bullet we were looking for.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 10:13:17 AM by DougMacG »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: June 21, 2023, 10:32:38 AM »
"I do think he is the man best suited to break out of the Ukrainian death spiral that is sucking all of us in."

I thought you were all in on Ukraine - as long as it takes !

have you had a change of heart?

Trump would give up parts of Ukraine to Putin to make HIS GREAT BEAUTIFUL , greatest in world peace deal

What else does he have to offer - what is he going to do threaten to assassinate Putin ?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
How things actually work
« Reply #571 on: June 21, 2023, 10:42:58 AM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Ann Coulter
« Reply #573 on: June 21, 2023, 02:21:49 PM »
much prettier then the Alien monster from the 1979 movie but the same acid tongue
 :-D

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vector/alien-head-tattoo-vector-illustration-1897085356

https://anncoulter.com/2023/06/21/trump-is-the-medias-new-david-duke/

"In 2022, the terrible, awful, rotten midterms for the GOP, Republicans running for the House actually won the popular vote. According to The New York Times’ Nate Cohn, they improved upon Trump’s 2020 performance in nearly every state — including Pennsylvania, Arizona, Georgia and Nevada.

[yes we did vote harder, and we won!]

How could Republicans win the popular vote in the House races in these states, but not pick up Senate seats?

Only one reason: Trump’s ridiculous candidates, whom he chose based on their commitment to making the “stolen” 2020 election a central campaign issue — Doug Mastriano in Pennsylvania, Kari Lake in Arizona, Herschel Walker in Georgia and Adam Laxalt in Nevada."

****"Which is exactly why the media won’t stop talking about him."

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 22, 2023, 07:43:53 AM »
Don't have a citation handy, but saw that Trump is coming out with a plan to reform immigration.  On first read it sounded good to me both in its political appeal and in its ability to move America forward.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 24, 2023, 08:20:59 AM »
and we have our first lesbian joint chief of staff

to celebrate

and we replace american flags and USA
 on our military equipment to pride flags  :wink:

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 24, 2023, 09:04:49 AM »
and we have our first lesbian joint chief of staff

to celebrate

and we replace american flags and USA
 on our military equipment to pride flags  :wink:

Those are the GAE flags. The Red, white and blue is being phased out.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
2023-2024 Wrong track = 74%, NBC
« Reply #578 on: June 25, 2023, 03:01:47 PM »
20% say right track, 74% wrong track.
https://nypost.com/2023/06/25/us-voters-bitter-about-nations-direction-74-say-its-on-the-wrong-track/

I can't think how a table could be set better for new leadership to step up and turn this ship around.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 25, 2023, 06:59:15 PM »
So, DeSantis vs. Newsom.

Who wins?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: 2023-2024 Wrong track = 74%, NBC
« Reply #580 on: June 25, 2023, 07:51:53 PM »
20% say right track, 74% wrong track.
https://nypost.com/2023/06/25/us-voters-bitter-about-nations-direction-74-say-its-on-the-wrong-track/

I can't think how a table could be set better for new leadership to step up and turn this ship around.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3609791-record-percentage-says-us-headed-in-wrong-direction-nbc-poll/

Record percentage says US headed in wrong direction: NBC poll
BY JULIA MUELLER - 08/21/22 1:41 PM ET

Nearly three-quarters of voters in a new poll said they believed things in the U.S. were headed in the wrong direction.

An NBC News poll revealed just 21 percent of voters feel the nation is headed in the right direction, while 74 percent think the opposite.

Over half of respondents, or 58 percent, said they feel “more worried that America’s best years may already be behind us,” while 35 percent feel more confident the best years are still ahead.

About a third of respondents, or 34 percent, said they think the state of the nation will worsen over the next five years. Just two percent more, or 36 percent, said they think things will get better in that same time period, and 21 percent said they think things will stay the same.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 26, 2023, 06:37:18 AM »
"An NBC News poll revealed just 21 percent of voters feel the nation is headed in the right direction, while 74 percent think the opposite."

"I can't think how a table could be set better for new leadership to step up and turn this ship around."

YET,

Republicans are not clearly trouncing DNC for some reason
and that is what I want to know.

Seems like people don't like what we have to offer either !

Some of these US on wrong direction are feeling we are not woke enough, not enough abortion , not enough free this or that.

Somethings are clearly missing and not explained by these numbers

Trump should be beating Biden 60 - 40 as should any Republican - yet that does not seem to be supported by ANY polls I have seen.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 26, 2023, 06:46:18 AM »
So, DeSantis vs. Newsom.

Who wins?

Doesn't that seem like a near perfect, clarifying contrast for Republicans?

Assume we are in a 50-50 divided nation today and the tie goes to the regime.  The question is, what movement in support could happen if the debate and choice is framed in that way.  California is an amazing place with amazing resources and an amazing economic past, but by all measures is now headed in the wrong direction, while Florida under DeSanrtis has grown to perhaps best in the nation.

Can we get significantly more than 50% to link policies with results when the case is made, and win a landslide and a mandate out of now divided nation?  I don't know the answer to the outcome of that.  Just know it will be the most important choice of our lives.  And THAT contrast is a much more productive debate than the backward looking contrast of Trump v Biden again.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 26, 2023, 07:09:46 AM »
"Can we get significantly more than 50% to link policies with results when the case is made, and win a landslide and a mandate out of now divided nation?  I don't know the answer to the outcome of that.  Just know it will be the most important choice of our lives."

I hope so.  It will be tough with the corruption of the  media entertainment academia
teachers unions and
 race gay hustlers , the legal system , harvest of ballots for cash

trump cannot do it
and so far the media keeps piling on DeSantis taking away his platform and inserting their own endless 24/7 negative reviews fact checks demogaguing of him

of course

My conclusion is , if we can't we will never be able to till the nation crashes and then  maybe then , we can rebuild out of the ashes

it is very disturbing to see how Gen Z are all being brainwashed successfully
it bodes poorly for the future of this country

how can anyone not think we are in decline ?

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 26, 2023, 07:55:36 AM »
To ccp's (previous) point, yes I agree.  The "wrong direction super majority is also divided on what they want next.

Our challenge in my thinking is a two step process.  We need to link lousy results to Democrat policies, crime, inflation, stagnation, war, etc.  Like with the Jimmy Carter presidency Step one is the evidence and proof these policies bring bad results.  They won't listen to us but the results speak for themselves.  Step two is way harder, to bring disillusioned Democrats and (formerly) left onboard with an alternative, positive, more conservative agenda.

I say we should be targeting 60-40 issues but a 54-46 actual outcome could put us on a path to restoring the American Creed.

Example: Abortion laws at 6 weeks do not conform to the 60-40 criteria but pointing out that a baby just short of full term full term is a live, innocent human being deserving some protection does.

Repealing the income tax does not have 60% support.  Recognizing we need a healthy, competitive economy maybe does.

More focus, better policies, better messaging, fewer distractions.
---------
Regarding Gen Z / younger voters, how about someone telling them a large part of what they were taught just isn't so.  There isn't a good form of socialism/communism, and getting the world off of carbon is going to require some widespread prosperity.  Widespread prosperity comes out of what we used to call free enterprise, where government regulation is aimed at ensuring competition, not suppressing it.

If you're old enough to cut your genitals off, you're old enough to understand basic economics.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: June 26, 2023, 08:17:31 AM »
good points
but not clear anyone running on our side is doing this .

"More focus, better policies, better messaging, fewer distractions."

well, this certainly rules OUT DJTramp ....

the king of distractions .....

I appreciate you pointing out that abortion at 6 weeks does not meet the 60-40 rule
especially since I know this topic is close to your heart.
You are being realistic about the political reality of this topic .

suppose we take this issue and mold it into maybe 14 or 15 weeks
and stuff that down Pelosi's throat :

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2023/06/25/pelosi-claims-abortion-is-the-democrats-winning-ticket-n2624966

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 26, 2023, 09:16:38 AM »
"Example: Abortion laws at 6 weeks do not conform to the 60-40 criteria but pointing out that a baby just short of full term full term is a live, innocent human being deserving some protection does."

Should DeSantis get the nomination, he will be hit HARD on FL's six week standard.

Agree that pivoting to the other end of the spectrum e.g. the evils of abortion in the latter months is a very good idea.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
abortion "rights"
« Reply #587 on: June 26, 2023, 09:47:42 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/post-roe-era-house-republicans-114437202.html

yup this is already fast becoming a. 24/7 MSM theme

all day and night
this will become pre eminent

This could easily make the difference between win or lose

for us

these people don't give shit about the debt our nations decline
abortion rights rule for them  :roll:

every young girly will be thinking about their rights etc blah blah blah

and their suburban moms too

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 26, 2023, 01:17:36 PM »
"every young girly will be thinking about HER rights"

Requesting no prog pronouns here please!

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 26, 2023, 01:42:29 PM »
your right too
men can also have abortions
I am too old to know this .

I am old enough to remember the dark ages  :wink:

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 26, 2023, 02:00:49 PM »
"YOU'RE right too"

:evil:

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 27, 2023, 06:54:14 AM »
It seems no one wants a Trump Biden rematch yet those are today the far and away front runners.

Democrats think they need Biden to counter Trump and vice versa.

But Biden won't be the Dem nominee for a number of reasons.

Will that change the currently large support for Trump in the R party? 

If Democrats run someone young (like 65 or 70?), will Republicans respond with greater support for a new leader?  Yes, likely.

Gavin Newsom is 55.  Age isn't his problem, too old or too young.

P.S. Expect MN Gov Tim Walz to jump in once Biden shows implosion.  And you thought Sen Amy Klobuchar was exciting!  Second term swing state governor with congressional experience in Washington.  Who (DeSanrtis) does that match up with?  Walz talks the moderate game and governs far Left.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 27, 2023, 07:25:51 AM »
As can be seen in the Hunter & Joe thread, the War on Rule of law thread, the Comey etc thread, with the IRS whistleblowers it seems like a breaking point may be approaching, thus giving the Dems a chance to dump both Joe, Kommiela, and the gerontocracy all in one move by going to Nancy's nephew.

Newsom has played the dance well by showing respect for Biden, while presenting himself on the national stage by going against DeSantis (whose positions essentially track with Trump) and going into the lion's den with Hannity.

Newsom vs. Trump?  IMHO the Pravdas, the Progs and other Dems, the Tech Oligarchs (who have their understandings with Newsom due to CA) those tired of Trump's horseshit, the TDSers etc, will overwhelm Trump in ways that will bring out even more his personal issues.

Question presented:

What happens in the Rep campaign, if Dems jump ship to Newsom?   

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
DeSantis good in swinger states
« Reply #593 on: June 27, 2023, 07:28:59 AM »
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2023/06/27/new-poll-desantis-is-beating-biden-handily-in-key-swing-states-however-n2624992

Trump will bring us all down in his sociopathic quest for revenge .
I need to vote harder against HIM too.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 27, 2023, 07:32:13 AM »
As can be seen in the Hunter & Joe thread, the War on Rule of law thread, the Comey etc thread, with the IRS whistleblowers it seems like a breaking point may be approaching, thus giving the Dems a chance to dump both Joe, Kommiela, and the gerontocracy all in one move by going to Nancy's nephew.

Newsom has played the dance well by showing respect for Biden, while presenting himself on the national stage by going against DeSantis (whose positions essentially track with Trump) and going into the lion's den with Hannity.

Newsom vs. Trump?  IMHO the Pravdas, the Progs and other Dems, the Tech Oligarchs (who have their understandings with Newsom due to CA) those tired of Trump's horseshit, the TDSers etc, will overwhelm Trump in ways that will bring out even more his personal issues.

Question presented:

What happens in the Rep campaign, if Dems jump ship to Newsom?

The same as 2020. "Election Fortification".

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
finally admitting the obvious in public K McC
« Reply #595 on: June 27, 2023, 02:54:12 PM »
well sort of anyway:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumpworld-rages-mccarthy-kevin-trouble-200144450.html

time to rid us of the burden Trump is, is .

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Bushie Karl Rove on Trump
« Reply #596 on: June 28, 2023, 08:15:07 AM »

Trump Goes on Fox and Shows His Weakness
His plan for winning back the voters he lost in 2020? Insisting that he actually won.
By
Karl Rove
Follow
June 21, 2023 6:08 pm ET

What Donald Trump said this week could come to haunt him.

He got into trouble during an interview with the well-prepared, fair and focused Fox News anchor Bret Baier. Mr. Baier asked Mr. Trump why after leaving office he’d kept “very sensitive national security defense documents like the war plans for a strike on Iran.”

Rather than say the obvious, wise thing—he shouldn’t speak about an ongoing legal case in which he’s involved—Mr. Trump talked freely and in ways sure to create additional political difficulties for him.

Mr. Trump said he had “every right” to take classified documents. He didn’t. He said “everything was declassified.” His lawyers haven’t made that claim. He insisted he acted “like every other president” in leaving office with boxes upon boxes of papers. No other president did what he did.

In the tall tale spun by Mr. Trump, this was all an innocent accident on his part. The papers he took were “interspersed with all sorts of things—golf shirts, clothing, pants, shoes.” Digging through all that would have taken a lot of time, so he grabbed everything as he exited. He didn’t return what the indictment alleges were highly sensitive documents—including ones dealing with war plans—because he’d been “very busy” and didn’t have time to “go through the boxes and get all my personal things.” As if a heavily scheduled retirement is a legitimate reason to ignore months of requests from the National Archives, a subpoena, a visit from the director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s counterterrorism unit and a grand-jury indictment.

It got weirder. There were no classified documents, he claimed, only “newspaper articles . . . copies of articles and magazines.” He held this line even when Mr. Baier pointed out that prosecutors say they have recordings of Mr. Trump at his Bedminster golf club saying the opposite. Mr. Trump also strongly suggested—with no evidence—that the FBI planted classified materials during their Mar-a-Lago search. “They could be stuffing it,” he said. “I don’t know what they put in there.”

Mr. Trump ranged from unpersuasive to incoherent. His comments certainly didn’t help him with the independent voters who’ll decide the 2024 contest. Already, a June 17 CNN/SSRS poll found that by 67% to 33%, independents support indicting Mr. Trump on his handling of the documents. By the same margin, independents said he “put national security at risk” by taking the papers.

Mr. Trump doesn’t seem to have a plan to attract these or other key voters. Mr. Baier asked Mr. Trump how he’d win back suburban women whose defection contributed to the GOP’s loss in 2020. Mr. Trump denied the premise: “I won in 2020 by a lot. OK? Let’s get that straight.”

There were “all of the stuffed ballots,” he told Mr. Baier, and “fake ballots.” When the Fox anchor countered that in more than 50 lawsuits Team Trump didn’t prove any widespread fraud, the former president said he was “trying to get recounts, real recounts”—as if the recounts and audits in Georgia, Arizona, Michigan and Wisconsin didn’t happen. Wisconsin has “practically admitted it was rigged,” Mr. Trump declared, though that’s not true, either. The former president wasn’t deterred even when Mr. Baier bluntly told him, “You lost the 2020 election.”

Wild 2020 claims didn’t do his acolytes any good in last year’s midterms. Candidates who stressed them lost badly and Mr. Trump’s obsessing about them is bound to drive more voters away—even some who are now generally inclined to vote for him.

There’s already evidence that his false statements on the 2020 election, as well as the indictment, may be corroding his hold over Republicans and right-leaning independents. The June CNN/SSRS poll found support among those groups for his nomination at 47%, down from 53% in May. His favorable rating among Republicans was 67%, down 10 points from May, while 23% of Republicans said they’d never support him, up from 16% last month. If Mr. Trump keeps this up, many right-leaning voters may conclude that though they liked what he did as president, he has too much baggage.

Trump supporters will counter that the CNN/SSRS survey is only one poll. They’re right. And yes, Mr. Trump still leads bigly in national polls. As we’ve learned the last seven years, Mr. Trump is wildly popular with the GOP base, almost regardless of what he does.

Let’s see if these trends in the CNN/SSRS survey are reflected in other national polls and, more importantly, in polls in the early primary states. If they are, then Mr. Trump’s mounting legal difficulties and continuing refusal to accept his 2020 defeat are likely to be responsible.

Mr. Rove helped organize the political-action committee American Crossroads and is author of “The Triumph of William McKinley” (Simon & Schuster, 2015).
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 01:01:11 PM by Crafty_Dog »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 28, 2023, 08:38:16 AM »
 :-D

of course only a "straw poll"

of course this will be ignored by MSM
who want Trump to win.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 03, 2023, 08:27:48 AM »
Some idle ruminations:

Q: What if the Putin regime crashes from within/is overthrown by people looking to cut a deal with Biden-Blinken?  What implications for our 2024 election?

A-1:  Biden et al will claim great vision and great success and the Pravdas will echo the claim for and wide.

A-2:  This will be devastating politically for Trump and for DeSantis.

A-3:  At least half the Rep Party claim "We too supported the War!"