Author Topic: NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo  (Read 4712 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo
« on: April 13, 2020, 07:23:19 PM »
Starting a thread on him for obvious reasons:

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Andy and the Press
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 05:38:12 AM »
I don't watch but am wondering if the media
shows up and Andies press conferences to

badger him
with questions like isn't opening up going to result in more death?
you are going to kill people?
why did you NOT have more ventilators and masks prior to this episode?
why do you blame the Feds for not being prepared when you were no more prepared?

do you give credit to Trump for keeping the death rate down far below original estimates?
Do you think closing the NY airports to foreign travel would have in retrospect save lives?  Why not ?

do you simply think that stating doing it smartly or based on facts relieves you of not being prepared to begin with , for allowing chinese and europeans to flood NY bringing virus with them did not cause more deaths?

Anyone believe for one second he will get these kinds of questions?
 and if he does he will have his answer pat and ready   and the adoring "jornolister" will simply thank him for his response and sit down and let it slide - (we can move along here folks - Andy just "debunked " all criticism)

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 07:11:52 AM »
Starting a thread on him for obvious reasons:

Good.  A place for Cuomo-skeptics to post too.   )

I remember where I was when Mario C brought the (Dem) house down at the convention in 1984.  Oh, he had a liberal vision, and delivery, and Reagan had it all wrong. The rich were getting richer and the poor, like now, had it so bad. Democrats (believed they) would have won if only they picked him instead of Fritz Mondale.  Reagan won 49 states and in 1988 Democrats picked Dukakis who lost in another landslide.  Liberalism needs to be dressed up to win. 

I don't watch cable so these daily talks with all his charm are missing me.  What I do see is that NY under his leadership is failing by almost any measure.  I can't imagine a winning campaign where he says I will do for America what I did for NY.

"America never was great."  That view isn't going to propel Michelle O or Cuomo.

A big part of the media is New York-centric.  A big part of the heartland is not.  Being Governor of NY, now the third largest state, is most certainly a good qualifier for being President.  It worked for Martin Van Buren, Grover Cleveland, Theodore Roosevelt, and FDR.  But none since.

I take the poll showing Democrats preferring Cuomo to Biden is a sign of Biden weakness.  We get buyers' remorse with the top two candidates almost every four years.  If only our nominee wasn't ______.  But we have a process and Andrew did not go through it.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Andy and the Press
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 07:28:42 AM »
If the Gov was a true leader on public health and safety in this time of crisis, we could point back to where he called for an end to the flights from Europe, long before Trump did it, where coronavirus was pouring into his state.

In the key months of pandemic avoidance, November, December, January, February, I imagine he was busy following the impeachment head fake while pursuing higher taxes and higher social spending, instead of seeing, warning and preparing for what was coming, if the argument is that Trump didn't.

Democrats are good leaders at managing and spreading misery, not preventing it or ending it.  Other than maybe a smooth or slippery tongue, how is Andrew Cuomo anything other than a run-of-the-mill, tax and spend liberal?

Cuomo has endorsed Biden all the way through, because he “can beat Trump” and “can actually get something done.”
https://www.cityandstateny.com/articles/politics/ask-experts/what-cuomos-endorsement-biden-means.html

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 11:03:03 AM »
I remember that when Mayor Ed Koch was running for governor against him, his people whispered the slogan "Vote for Cuomo, not the homo" (Ed was never married).

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 11:54:16 AM »
".I remember that when Mayor Ed Koch was running for governor against him, his people whispered the slogan "Vote for Cuomo, not the homo" (Ed was never married)."

whenever i think of cnn i think cuomo and the homos

but I get your point about the that being not PC in today's environment

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 03:05:09 PM »
Working from memory on the chronology here: 

When Ed was Congressman in 1968 he came to our house a couple of times to meet with the committee in the 17th CD that was headed by my mother and future congresswoman Bella Abzug.  Bella was a force of nature and Ed was deferential to her but I did not sense him being gay.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Koch
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 03:31:49 PM »
well I don't think he ever said he was gay and to my knowledge denied it to the end.

I actually liked Ed Koch
though I thought at the end of his political tenure he got a bit too much in love with himself.

as far as I know it was always a theory and no more that he was gay .

he used to be seen with Kitty Carlisle at functions but it was thought to be for show.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Mario's kid with book coming out
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2020, 05:59:56 AM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Mario's older kid ok for VMA to cash in
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2020, 07:46:27 AM »
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2020/08/23/report-andrew-cuomo-allows-rock-stars-to-bypass-new-york-quarantine-to-attend-vmas/

did they agree to thank him for his great work on corona during the show and make sure they throw in anti Trump proclamations

from one of the most crooked business in the world?

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
No Cuo-mo
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2020, 04:45:02 PM »
it is NOT irrevelant

though in your typical one up man ship style you claim this:

https://nypost.com/2020/11/26/gov-cuomo-supreme-court-church-ruling-irrelevant-despite-decision/

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
blames Trump for lying and covering up the truth in pandemic
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2021, 05:50:00 AM »
because Cuomo, the  narcissist
might have to admit he screwed up:

https://pjmedia.com/uncategorized/matt-margolis/2021/02/11/cuomo-aide-admits-governor-covered-up-covid-nursing-home-deaths-data-n1425025

he LIED in middle of pandemic

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2021, 06:29:04 AM »
Not a mention yet in Pravda on the Hudson , , ,

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Defiant Cuomo Steps Up Defense
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2021, 06:38:16 AM »
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/cuomo-coronavirus-nursing-home-deaths/2021/02/19/id/1010762/

of course

would anyone expect ANYTHING else from any Cuomo?

not holding my breath
Dems are not going to drag him out by his feet.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
surprise
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2021, 01:06:32 PM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
new meaning to cuomosexual
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2021, 05:26:24 AM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2021, 05:55:43 AM »
I remember when Ed Koch was running for governor against his dad, the Cuomo people put out the whisper campaign slogan "Vote for Cuomo, not the homo".

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2021, 09:27:23 AM »
"Why is America’s corrupt media not at all interested in some 15,000 dead senior citizens while they tar and feather Cuomo over the allegations he made three left-wing women uncomfortable?"
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2021/03/02/nolte-medias-metooing-of-andrew-cuomo-is-really-about-protecting-four-democrat-governors/

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
can we find 1 highschool girl
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2021, 07:39:00 AM »
who will grant us our wish:

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/03/05/ny-senate-majority-leader-if-more-allegations-against-cuomo-come-out-its-time-for-him-to-resign/

since girly accusations can destroy prominent powerful people now
where nothing else could

frankly I am not impressed with the accusations to start with as being career and character killing ,
but that is another story

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
had not seen this before up to 6 now
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2021, 02:59:02 PM »
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2021/03/09/sixth-woman-comes-forward-to-accuse-gov-cuomo-of-sexual-misconduct-n2585981

no one could get rid of Mario's oldest son
till the wolf pack of teenage girls

:-o

don't now what to make of all this stuff
 though
good it is Cuomo
  but almost anyone could be accused......  :|

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
witness tampering
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2021, 07:29:01 AM »
find out what the witnesses know , find out what they are going to say , and perhaps intimidate them:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lawyer-cuomo-accuser-warns-ny-202100841.html

say it ain't so, cuomo

forget his response to a pandemic

he should write a book on political bullying

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2021, 08:58:48 AM »
"don't now what to make of all this stuff
 though
good it is Cuomo
  but almost anyone could be accused...... "

Off the top of my head it looks like the first woman had legit reason for complaint, but it is entirely possible that there is some disingenuous politically motivated and ambition motivated piling on here as well. 

"He looked down my shirt"-- Oh the horror!

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2021, 10:02:01 AM »
"He looked down my shirt"-- Oh the horror!"

True

So why wear a low cut blouse if you weren't "showing off to start with or if you did not want anyone to see cleavage?

All the CNN journolisters who show cleavage ......
analogy would be the men having tight pants showing a bulge.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2021, 07:12:52 PM »
And having a banana like prostesis (sp) too , , ,

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2021, 07:14:14 AM »
I am not holding my breath Andy will be forced out

unless he becomes too much of a burden for the Dems

perhaps CNN will hire him too

and they could have the "Chris and Andy comedy hour"

Mario's kids

such good Democrats

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
funny nothing about sexual harassment lately
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2021, 12:46:52 PM »
back room deals

pay offs

silencing

it will go away

NY loves their cuomos like Mass loves their kennedys

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
donors sticking with their guy
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2021, 02:16:34 PM »
who could have guessed
this would play out this way ?  :roll:

the supposed me too s will be hushed

some donors will be pleased to keep their hotline to the gov's mansion

and thus will be glad to give the accusers  great pay jobs etc:

https://apnews.com/article/business-health-coronavirus-pandemic-government-and-politics-324778623d4dc09190b80c95445d6f78

Let me take a guess
   the NY legislature head promised to impeach if more allegations came forward
   ~ 5 more did and since then silence - for sure this is all fixed with Manhattan money
Suddenly dead silence from the media - much in NYC

SDNY of course has nothing to say
while they pursue Trump to the ends of the Earth

Everyone must be treated the same under the law these same grandstanders tell us on cable

Can anyone beat Cuomo who has the machine protecting him?

I don't know .
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 03:39:27 PM by ccp »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Letitia James AG : Cuomo guilty of violating laws
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2021, 10:22:20 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/03/politics/andrew-cuomo-new-york-report/index.html

interesting

I presume SHE is running for governor

investigate the man you want to replace?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2021, 03:14:56 PM »
I caught his response of FOX today!  Pretty slick!  Lots of photos of him kissing and hugging men, women, and children, kissing them on the cheek or forehead etc.

The FOX Barbies who came on after were all in a snit-- how dare he not believe his accusers!

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Letitia James AG : Cuomo guilty of violating laws
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2021, 06:11:11 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/03/politics/andrew-cuomo-new-york-report/index.html

interesting

I presume SHE is running for governor

investigate the man you want to replace?

He wanted this investigation.  He trusted the AG and process then, in March.

Hand inside blouse, grab breast, who hasn't done that to an underling, just kidding.

I see mixed reaction on our side.  So often when a conservative or Republican is accused it is false, a political takedown strategy., and there should be one set of rules but it isn't that simple.

Multiple accusers and credibility of the accusers comes into play.  But does friendly banter count?

Isn't each accuser a Democrat and one time Cuomo supporter?  Removing Cuomo does not swing the state government politically, so not much political motive there to lie, as we had with Kavanaugh replacing a Supreme Court swing vote.

NYT, WaPost, NYT, WSJ, Schumer, Gillebrand and AOC call on him to resign.

I call on him to call on Univ of Delaware to release the Tara Reade personnel file, (and Paula Jones files) and put his accusations in perspective with what Dem leaders higher up get away with.

As some conservative writers say, get the popcorn, let's watch this play out.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 06:14:33 AM by DougMacG »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2021, 06:33:56 AM »
"Hand inside blouse, grab breast, who hasn't done that to an underling, just kidding."

Didn't a woman accuse Biden of same thing?

I am shocked the SDNY actually presented evidence against Cuomo
I never thought I would see day Pelosi or Biden would ask Cuomo to resign
  but of course they are calculating that another Democrat will take over so they can play self righteous

Yes CD and Doug
I have mixed emotions

I am glad so see the heat on Cuomo who I dislike but I am not sure of all this he said she said being used to destroy someone's life

but if true - yes  he should be out

then again good luck getting him to resign

as for NYC ->>> go Curtis !!!

I remember watching the Cornell graduate (late 70s or very early 80's)
 on TV with my mother and being impressed with him , calling him a genius
and my mother saying "I think so too"

(the Guardian Angel days - which at first spooked the NYC PD )

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2021, 06:45:59 AM »
A big part of my attitude is because the fact that he lied about killing 5,000+ seniors with his error and somehow some grab ass is taken more seriously.

We are no longer a serious country.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2021, 09:39:54 AM »
A big part of my attitude is because the fact that he lied about killing 5,000+ seniors with his error and somehow some grab ass is taken more seriously.

Yes.  Killed them AND lied about it.  Where were the NYT, WaPost, NYT, WSJ, Schumer, Gillebrand, Biden, AOC and neighboring Governors then, calling on him to resign?  AWOL.

OTOH, with two standards of justice and journalism in this country, people start to see that Democrats elevate leaders who grope, harass, stick fingers in vaginas without consent and lead the country into downward spirals while Republicans are only able to elevate leaders whose integrity can withstand great scrutiny, who grow the economy and keep us safe or they are quickly swept out of power.  Which side, in this system, develops better leaders?

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2021, 10:10:10 AM »
".Yes.  Killed them AND lied about it.  Where were the NYT, WaPost, NYT, WSJ, Schumer, Gillebrand, Biden, AOC and neighboring Governors then, calling on him to resign?  AWOL."

yes

and even now they only call for him to resign knowing they will simply get another Dem
think of their calculus
  if a Republican would have replaced him.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2021, 12:44:41 PM »
"knowing they will simply get another Dem"

When Gillibrand turned on fellow Dem Senator Al Franken, it was with perfect knowledge that a liberal [female] Democrat would replace him.  How courageous.  When Tara Reade accused Trump's challenger Joe Biden of much worse, "I stand by Vice President Biden.  If she really stood by him his whole career she would know what a lech he is.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/495139-gillibrand-addresses-reade-allegations-i-stand-by-vice-president-biden

“So when we say believe women, it’s for this explicit intention of making sure there’s space for all women to come forward to speak their truth, to be heard,” Gillibrand said during a conference call with reporters about the Postal Service.

“And in this allegation, that is what Tara Reade has done. She has come forward, she has spoken, and they have done an investigation in several outlets. Those investigations, Vice President Biden has called for himself. Vice President Biden has vehemently denied these allegations, and I support Vice President Biden.”

The reporter followed up by asking if Democrats who were on the front lines for the hearing into Christine Blasey Ford’s allegations of sexual assault against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh see any “contradiction” in not speaking out on Reade’s behalf.

“No, and I stand by Vice President Biden,” Gillibrand said. “He has devoted his life to supporting women, and he has vehemently denied this allegation.”

SELECTIVE OUTRAGE.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2021, 09:22:24 AM »

More on this here:
https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2021/08/cuomos-sin-is-being-outsider.html

"...charging him with manslaughter might implicate other Democrats. A sexual harassment scandal is a nice safe way to dispose of a governor who could seek the presidency in 2024."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Doug] It's all political.  Not a moral, ethical or even competence consideration in anything they do.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2021, 03:02:03 PM »
It's all political.  Not a moral, ethical or even competence consideration in anything they do.

gotta get James in there
 it seems

even the Cuomo's loyalty to the Dem party

may not save him

I am really shocked :|

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2021, 08:31:14 PM »
actually thinking about how the dems are going after Cuomo

unsettles me in a way

something is up

as Doug points out this is not a morality play (behind the scenes)
only pretend morality play for the stupid masses

I am always in fear the dems are up even worse no good

What am i/we missing ?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2021, 09:53:50 PM »
Reign of Terror i.e. they are turning on their own?   Secure in the knowledge that whomever replaces him will be one of them?

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
if coumo is kicked out
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2021, 10:29:02 AM »
Maybe his kid brother could get him a gig on
CNN

since they have in with Zucker

they could do a weekly comedy hour together

:wink:

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
what ultimately brings down the royal of NY
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2021, 01:10:21 PM »
amazing

of all the things he was guilty and what finally brings him down are one sided stories improper touching stories from little girlies.

reminds me of Al Capone

psychotic murderer brought down by of all things - tax evasion

that said I fear the replacement will be worse

from our point of view

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
ex NY gov Cuomo and (future?) gov Cuomo
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2022, 06:54:08 AM »
my thought

there is no question Cuomo will run again

only question is for what