Author Topic: Crisis in the Ruling Class  (Read 317 times)

SWBrowne

• View Profile
    • Rants and Raves
Crisis in the Ruling Class
« on: June 30, 2023, 05:48:55 AM »
This is the blurb for my book available on Amazon:

This is the print companion to a series of video lectures I started in 2017. The theory has evolved as I discovered others thinking along the same lines. Basically the important points are:
- There is a ruling class because every complex society has a ruling class.
- The historical functions of a ruling class are: arms, land (production), and knowledge.
- A ruling class can be stable as long as it fulfills those functions, loves or at least identifies its self-interest with the country, and is open enough to admit the ambitious but not too open.
- We have a ruling class which is unfit to rule. They do not fight, they are increasingly invested in rent-seeking and influence peddling rather than wealth production, and the knowledge they peddle is crap. (Anything ending in "-Studies.)
- They not only do not love their country, and their civilization, they appear to hate it.
- They have fostered a generation which believes they are owed a place in the ruling class for the price of getting a college degree and holding all the correct opinions within a very narrow range of permissible disagreement.
- They are destroying this country in their desire to feel important.

https://www.amazon.com/Crisis-Ruling-Class-Falling-Dragging/dp/B09TN1J9JN/ref=sr_1_1crid=3VMGX9BT9H19Y&keywords=crisis+in+the+ruling+class+steve+browne&qid=1688129184&sprefix=Crisis+in+the+Ruling+%2Caps%2C150&sr=8-1
"As weird as it's gotten, it still hasn't gotten weird enough for me."

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Crisis in the Ruling Class
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2023, 06:18:27 AM »
Hi ,

Welcome to our board .

I'll buy the book.

Can I get through Barnes and Noble
which I have membership card?

I don't want to join Amazon.

ccp

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023, 06:22:26 AM »
Stephen's analysis is very strong.  I think you will like the book.

SWBrowne

• View Profile
    • Rants and Raves
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2023, 05:34:24 AM »
Sorry all, I'm not a techie and still a newbie to self-publishing. 'Crisis' is available on Amazon on Kindle format and paperback on demand, which could admittedly use a reformatting of the margins.
"As weird as it's gotten, it still hasn't gotten weird enough for me."