Author Topic: Palin phenomenon  (Read 90441 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Palin phenomenon
« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2011, 03:33:35 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvTRvtzVpUo&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvTRvtzVpUo&feature=player_embedded

Having a posh Brit accent doesn't mean you aren't a moron.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Sarah's writing skills
« Reply #153 on: June 16, 2011, 11:28:21 AM »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 16, 2011, 12:06:11 PM »
Right between the level of "I have a dream" and the "Gettysburg Address".

"exceeds that of most chief executives."

“She’s very concise. She gives clear orders. Her sentences and punctuations are logical,” said Paul Payack, president of Global Language Monitor. “She has much more of a disciplined mind than she’s given credit for.”

I've not known many 8th graders to write timely and insightful comment on monetary policy.  Writing in clear, direct sentences makes sense to me.  We all should do more of it.

Leaving unnecessarily during her first term is another thing.  Puts her on a par with 2007-2008 Obama, inexperienced and largely unqualified.  If nominated and running against 4 more years of leftism, I expect to be voting for her.

The media and public should be appalled at the lack of privacy even in official, behind the scenes, government work.  Will we be seeing Rahm Emmanuel's work on the govt payroll in its entirety as well?  How 'bout little Weiner?  Equal protection is an idea that came and went some time ago.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
CNN compliments Palin
« Reply #155 on: June 16, 2011, 05:31:40 PM »
Listening to CNN bring up one particular email today as being very interesting.  I thought ok here comes the hit.  Surprise, shock!

Kyra Phillips who is an obvious liberal nanny on the cable nanny network actually discussed the email in a *complementary* fashion.
It shows Palin to be a sensitve thoughtful person.   

http://us4palin.com/cnn-palin-emails-reveal-a-hard-working-governor/

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Paul Revere
« Reply #156 on: July 25, 2011, 10:08:21 AM »
I have not had a chance to read this for myself yet, but it comes from a usually reliable friend.
=======================

Sarah Palin actually had it right.  The reporters who claimed she didn't know her
history were WRONG:

www.revolutionary-war-and-beyond.com/paul-reveres-ride.html

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Paul Revere
« Reply #157 on: July 25, 2011, 10:17:12 AM »
I have not had a chance to read this for myself yet, but it comes from a usually reliable friend.
=======================

Sarah Palin actually had it right.  The reporters who claimed she didn't know her
history were WRONG:

www.revolutionary-war-and-beyond.com/paul-reveres-ride.html

**If feminism was actually about supporting and empowering women and gender equality, Palin would be a feminist hero.

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/06/06/historians-agree-palin-was-right-about-revere/

Historians agree: Palin was right about Revere

posted at 9:25 am on June 6, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

One if by land, and two if by sea … and then what?  According to historians interviewed by the Boston Herald, Paul Revere then warned the British not to challenge a roused and armed populace.  That came as news to many observers who had rushed to criticize Sarah Palin for her response to a gotcha question at the Old North Church:

Sarah Palin yesterday insisted her claim at the Old North Church last week that Paul Revere “warned the British” during his famed 1775 ride — remarks that Democrats and the media roundly ridiculed — is actually historically accurate. And local historians are backing her up.

Palin prompted howls of partisan derision when she said on Boston’s Freedom Trail that Revere “warned the British that they weren’t going to be taking away our arms by ringing those bells and making sure as he’s riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free.”

The first to dispute Palin’s critics was … Paul Revere himself.  In his own account of the ride, written twenty-three years later, Revere recounts how the British captured him, and how he attempted to dissuade the British from advancing.  Revere warned that he had roused the local militias and that there would soon be 500 or more armed citizens coming together to repel the British.

A Boston University history professor told the Herald that Revere did indeed warn the British as well as the Americans earlier in his ride:

Boston University history professor Brendan McConville said, “Basically when Paul Revere was stopped by the British, he did say to them, ‘Look, there is a mobilization going on that you’ll be confronting,’ and the British are aware as they’re marching down the countryside, they hear church bells ringing — she was right about that — and warning shots being fired. That’s accurate.”

Of course, Revere wasn’t planning on getting captured.  He and others riding to the alarm (William Dawes and Samuel Prescott) wanted to warn John Hancock and Samuel Adams of British action first, and rouse the militia second.  Dawes and Prescott managed to elude the British and complete the mission, but Revere was captured.  Furthermore, his warnings sufficiently rattled the British that they let him go — but without his horse.  He returned on foot to Lexington, where he managed to hide a trunk with Hancock’s letters to keep it from being captured, but missed the battle.

Andrew Malcolm notes the “faux gaffe” and gives a history of such in the media:

This phenomenon is actually not a new one in American politics, although its immediate spread is obviously hastened by the Internet. Speaking of which, Al Gore did not invent it. Nor did he claim to, as often as you’ve heard otherwise.

In 1999, the hapless former journalist, who should have known to make a better word choice, told CNN that in Congress he “took the initiative in creating the Internet.”

Democrat Gore never used the word “invented.” That was part of another willful misinterpretation that fit expectations of Gore’s boasts and was gleefully spread by opponents as further proof of his unseemly hubris. It lives on to this day.

Perhaps you remember how one day during a photo op President George H.W. Bush was overheard asking a store checkout clerk how this price scanner thing worked?

That quote was immediately transmitted as proof of how disconnected that Republican chief executive was, that he had no knowledge of something as ordinary as a checkout scanner.

The fact is, asking such inane and often obvious questions as “what are you doing here?” is a bipartisan ploy used by politicians to fill the awkward time void they are hanging around someone working while photographers snap their photos several hundred times.

Frankly, I had forgotten much of the history of Revere’s ride until this incident, and I had to look it up for myself to recall what Palin meant by her response.  Tom Burnam covered it succinctly and accurately in his indispensable Dictionary of Misinformation, a book I have had on my shelf for more than 30 years.  If all people know of Revere is Longfellow’s poem, which is what the reaction to Palin’s remarks seem to show, then they know far less than they think.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 23, 2011, 03:29:29 PM »
What a terrible scene.

I wonder how the guy knew who she was.

I would never recognize her.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 23, 2011, 07:14:57 PM »
Well, she was there with a camera crew and she was on "Dancing with the Stars" last year (which I am guessing is big in the gay community) and infuriated many on the left by being voted to the next round far beyond her actual talents (i.e. Sarah Palin fans voted for her regardless of her performance).

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 24, 2011, 07:37:23 AM »
"which I am guessing is big in the gay community"

Was that guy gay?

I think I did hear a comment about him bitching aboug her mother being anti-gay.

I think most of us are not interested in bothering gays and don't care what they do on their time.

But I am tired of their shoving their agenda down our throats.  I am not for gays adopting children.  I am not for state sponsered marriage.  I am not for an enitre division of the DOJ being set up for thier rights and of "hate crimes".

I know most Americans agree.  As for the APA claiming there is not pscyh disorder with it - it is clearly not a natural lifestyle and not meant to be - ever hear of procreation.  The mental health organizations are filled with gay activists and it is a poltical opinion not a medical one.  That said I otherwise do not want to bother them or interfere with their lives.  If they don't hurt anyone, then live and  let live like the old saying.

As for Sarah the hit job on her is done with astoundingly cruelty.  And all allegations.  Who knows if any of it true.  So many on the left hate her there would be no problem finding people to say anything.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 24, 2011, 08:51:13 AM »
Not worth my time to double to double check, but I thought I heard him say he was gay.  Anyway, I'm with you on the rest of it.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
SP to co-host Today Show
« Reply #165 on: April 02, 2012, 09:14:52 AM »

Sarah Palin will be co-hosting NBC's "The Today Show" on Tuesday:

www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/03/31/sarah-to-katie-game-on

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 27, 2013, 08:53:03 AM »
We know Noam Chomsky isn't going to go out and vote for Palin if she should ever run.  Surely he thinks Obama is not enough of a radical liberal not the other way around from Palin's perspective.

We are forever reading about the split in the Republican party but we never hear about any in the Democratic side.   The left seems very good at coming together and voting like a large machine/block.

Like a steamroller.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Palin at CPAC
« Reply #170 on: March 11, 2014, 02:28:41 PM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 11, 2014, 05:04:08 PM »
Palin might be an excellent hosts of a show that is the answer to Bill Maher. 

Her calling is political humor with a conservative twist and a liberal bite.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 11, 2014, 05:18:39 PM »
That is an interesting idea  8-)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Putin calls Palin
« Reply #173 on: April 03, 2014, 01:57:13 PM »
http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/04/03/putin-asks-palin-who-to-invade-next-in-hilarious-tonight-show-sketch/

The social implications of The Tonight Show to do this bit are rather intriguing , , ,

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
SP launches a channel
« Reply #175 on: July 27, 2014, 10:07:34 PM »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Palin to campaign with Roberts in Kansas
« Reply #176 on: September 23, 2014, 07:26:53 AM »
There is a little humor and irony in the fact that the RINOs and decaying establishment need the the face of the tea party to step in and rescue their losing campaign to win the Senate after viciously fighting off a tea party challenges in hotly contested primaries.  Sarah takes one for the team.
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2014/09/23/Palin-to-campaign-with-Roberts-in-Kansas

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
ET: Palin loses
« Reply #177 on: September 03, 2022, 05:52:43 AM »
Sarah Palin Loses Special Election to Fill Alaska House Seat
By Mimi Nguyen Ly September 1, 2022 Updated: September 1, 2022biggersmaller Print

0:00
2:02

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin lost to Democrat Mary Peltola on Wednesday in a special election to fill Alaska’s only U.S. House seat in a surprising defeat.

Peltola, a former state lawmaker, was the winner according to the Alaska Division of Elections. She defeated Palin by three percentage points at 51.47 percent; Palin received 48.53 percent.

Peltola will finish the remainder of the term of Republican Rep. Don Young (R-Alaska), which expires at the end of this year. Young left the seat vacant when he died in March this year at the age of 88.

Peltola will later face re-election on Nov. 8. Palin and Republican Nick Begich III are expected to vie for the House seat for the next two years.

The election marked the first time the state used a ranked-choice system where voters list candidates in order of preference on the ballot. To be declared the winner, a candidate must clear 50 percent of the vote.

mary peltola
U.S. House candidate Mary Peltola speaks with reporters at her campaign party at 49th State Brewing in Anchorage, Alaska, on Aug. 16, 2022. (Kerry Tasker/Reuters)
She is the first Alaska Native to represent a state where almost 20 percent of the population is indigenous, the highest proportion in the United States. She will also be the first woman to hold the seat. Young had held the seat for 49 years and became the longest-serving Republican in the history of the House.

During her campaign, Peltola ran as “Alaska’s best shot at keeping an extremist from winning,” according to her campaign website. She also said she was “the only candidate in this race who isn’t a multi-millionaire.”

Palin’s campaign for the House seat was her first run for public office after she was tapped by John McCain as his running mate in the presidential election in 2008. The two lost to then-presidential candidate Barack Obama and vice-presidential candidate Joe Biden.

Reuters contributed to this report.