Author Topic: Politics  (Read 542602 times)

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Politics, Tulsi Gabbard leaves the Dem Party
« Reply #1550 on: October 12, 2022, 03:57:08 AM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/tulsi-gabbard-announces-leaving-democratic-party-rcna51659

Her explanation for leaving is mostly excellent.  She is openly anti woke.  Dems are run by the elite.  She's right about that.

Congresswoman.
https://tulsi.substack.com/p/why-im-leaving-the-democratic-party?utm_source=profile&utm_medium=reader2
Surfer:

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Politics, Tulsi Gabbard leaves the Dem Party
« Reply #1551 on: October 12, 2022, 06:12:17 AM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Trumpa-Tulsi
« Reply #1552 on: October 12, 2022, 06:37:03 AM »
watched newsmax last night

yes Tulsi is a hot ticket .

newsmax host was even calling for her to be Trump's VP

though I think that is a bit much

if Trump sees Doug's post however he might agree
since he likes surrounding himself with beautiful women

Melania will just have to put up with it .....

just thinking ahead of the next tabloid for trump ....    :wink:

OTOH I bet Tulsi could get Putin to the table !

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Politics
« Reply #1553 on: October 12, 2022, 09:20:00 AM »
If I am not mistaken, that foto has been mistakenly attributed to TG, but in point of fact is actually a super model with similar face.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: October 12, 2022, 11:37:23 AM »
".If I am not mistaken, that foto has been mistakenly attributed to TG, but in point of fact is actually a super model with similar face."

:-o

well maybe not VP material for Trump then.............

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: October 12, 2022, 12:06:45 PM »
I'm thinking either way Melania would have final say haha.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Politics, Are Black women next to shift rightward
« Reply #1556 on: October 18, 2022, 11:23:59 AM »
As a demographic, they are the most loyal to the Democrat Party, 92%.

They are motivated to vote this year and these are their top 4 concerns:
1. Rising cost of rent and housing
2. Rising cost of food and gas
3. Access to abortion
4. Rising crime.
https://www.higherheightsleadershipfund.org/blog/new-higher-heights-poll-black-women-highly-motivated-to-vote-but-desire-more-representation-change-on-multiple-issues/

I suspect they'll vote Dem anyway, but if they are wavering on that, they may not tell their friends, family and pollsters about it right away.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Politics, Are Black women next to shift rightward
« Reply #1557 on: October 18, 2022, 11:25:41 AM »
"We need moar free shit from the gobberment"! Is what they'll vote for.

Always.

As a demographic, they are the most loyal to the Democrat Party, 92%.

They are motivated to vote this year and these are their top 4 concerns:
1. Rising cost of rent and housing
2. Rising cost of food and gas
3. Access to abortion
4. Rising crime.
https://www.higherheightsleadershipfund.org/blog/new-higher-heights-poll-black-women-highly-motivated-to-vote-but-desire-more-representation-change-on-multiple-issues/

I suspect they'll vote Dem anyway, but if they are wavering on that, they may not tell their friends, family and pollsters about it right away.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: And now, some answers on Rubio canvasser attacker
« Reply #1561 on: October 26, 2022, 02:26:17 PM »
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/police-make-second-arrest-in-brutal-beating-of-rubio-canvasser-victim-maintains-attack-was-politically-motivated/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=breaking&utm_campaign=newstrack&utm_term=29499502

I like that there are two arrests.  Thank you Florida.  (Hopefully they got the right people.)

We still only know from the victim it was political, but the victim was obvious about his politics and reason for being there and the attack definitely happened.  There is no other reason or apparent motive for the attack given at this point.

Is there something wrong about being a former supremacist?  Don't we want them to reform and mainstream themselves?  Like a drunk driver, don't we want them to become former drunk drivers?

The reports from the Left of his past views make the attack sound justified.  That's not right.

Who spoke at Klansman Robert Byrd's funeral, Sen Joe Biden?  Was the Dem Klansman forgiven for his past?  Only on the Left?
---------------
Fact check, Byrd was Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard and Biden eulogized him, partly true. 
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-byrd-eulogy-biden-kkk-grand-idUSKBN26S2EE
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 02:32:44 PM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: October 26, 2022, 03:38:14 PM »
"former supremacist?"

Here is my understanding of the "Proud Boys":   They see themselves as believing in the CULTURAL superiority of Western Civilization i.e. a racially neutral concept.  Of course, the Privdas misportray this and are baffled by the fact that Florida PBs are led by a black Cuban.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Politics: rare honest Dem ad
« Reply #1563 on: October 27, 2022, 09:36:25 AM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
ET
« Reply #1565 on: November 07, 2022, 05:04:49 PM »
A poll released Monday morning shows that the Republican Party is continuing to make inroads among black and Hispanic voters with just one day to go before the 2022 midterms.

Some 17 percent of black voters told a Wall Street Journal poll that they would pick a Republican candidate for Congress over a Democrat, which is larger than the 8 percent of black voters who voted in favor of President Donald Trump, a Republican, in 2020. During the 2018 midterm elections, 8 percent of black voters backed GOP candidates in House races.

For decades, black Americans have voted in favor of Democrats over Republicans by large margins.

Among Hispanic voters, Democrats have a mere 5 percent lead over Republicans overall, according to the WSJ poll. During the 2018 midterms, Democrats had a 31 percent lead over Republicans and a 28 percent lead in 2020, it noted.

When the WSJ carried out a similar poll in August, Democrats had an 11-point lead over Republicans in the choice of a congressional candidate.

“I think that this could be a paradigm-shift election, where Republicans are not only making inroads with the Latino vote, but they’re now making inroads with the African-American vote,” John Anzalone, who served as President Joe Biden’s top pollster in 2020, told the WSJ on Monday. Anzalone helped conduct the WSJ poll that was published Monday.

And Tony Fabrizio, former President Donald Trump’s lead pollster in 2020 who assisted in the WSJ Poll, told the paper acknowledged “it is wholly possible that Republicans reach a new high water mark among both African-Americans and Hispanic voters in this election.”

For most of 2022, Democrat candidates have said that black voters are not turning to Republicans in spite of polls saying otherwise.

“It’s a bit of a misconception that black men are shifting away,” Stacey Abrams, the Democratic nominee for Georgia’s gubernatorial seat, said in August. However, in a weekend MSNBC interview, Abrams said that black men “have been a very targeted population for misinformation,” adding that it is “not misinformation about what they want but about why they want what they deserve.”

Abrams was referring to a recent Marist College poll that found 82 percent of black voters are planning to vote for Abrams, which would represent a decline in support. Abrams did not provide any evidence for her claims.

“Let’s be clear, the false narrative that voter turnout has felled the idea of voter suppression misunderstands the effectiveness of suppression,” Abrams alleged before she blamed “white supremacist groups” and “hard-right groups.” “It has never been about stopping all voters. It is about clogging the arteries of the process and stopping certain voters. There is a precision to voter suppression.”

But Republicans said that they are able to make inroads at the Democrats’ edge with blacks and Hispanic voters due to a variety of reasons. One of them, said Republican congressional candidate Wesley Hunt to the WSJ, is due to the GOP’s success in organizing.

The poll surveyed 1,500 people between Oct. 22 and Oct. 26.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Hey Zoomer... YOU get to pay for all this
« Reply #1566 on: November 23, 2022, 11:18:05 AM »
Hey Zoomer, What don't you get about a nation and its policies headed in the wrong direction?

(Don't they say, "Hey Boomer"?  How do I say, hey under 30 voter?)

See chart on the monetary page.  The 'normal' deficit has become a trillion dollars a year.  Some factors already playing out make the new normal two trillion.  Add that each year to the debt and quadruple the interest rate.

I've argued until I'm red in the face for fiscal sanity and the under 30s and unmarried women voted in massive numbers and percentages to shoot down any reform and do more of the same.  More spending, more deficits, more inflation and resulting higher interest rates leading to stagnation, contraction, recession, stalling growth and revenues and even higher deficits and interest costs.  Also, higher tax rates that kill off growth don't bring in more revenues

If you were my age you might say we've heard all this before.  I argued some years ago, we can survive this but need the next two elections to even start the policies of a turnaround - and we didn't.

Now we're even deeper in it and further from the possibility of starting to turn it around.

We made our case to the nation, and for every parent, suburbanite, black or Hispanic who started to see our point, there was an under 30 voter in college with ballot harvesting or fresh out of indoctrination who voted us down.

I started to make some progress with an under 30 recently, but by the time she may or may not get turned around, she won't be under 30 anymore.

I can survive this as well as anyone can and I'm getting too old to fix it, especially when no one listens.  Hey Zoomer, Yoomer, Xoomer, whatever you want to be called, this is your problem now

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: November 23, 2022, 02:48:23 PM »
being that you are active in campaigns
Doug,

have you had any feedback or input from generation Zzzzzz?

are they even open to debate
or are they so brainwashed as to not listen
like my liberal Democrat Jewish friends relatives

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
this association just occurred to me
« Reply #1568 on: November 25, 2022, 09:24:16 AM »
I wondered where this phrase came from :

"election denier!"

watching the Kayne West video the phrase "holocaust denier" came up

the same people who use the phrase "holocaust denier " must have re  used it but this time
rephrased as  "election denier"

problem is the two are not equivalent in reality but MSM takes it and does their duty and runs with it.

this being an election denier is just as evil as a holocaust denier.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: November 25, 2022, 11:24:48 AM »
How about "Voter Integrity Denier"?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
ET: 3.5M more votes for Reps
« Reply #1570 on: November 26, 2022, 06:17:43 PM »

Republicans Won 3 Million More Votes Than Democrats, but Not Where It Counted
By Jack Phillips November 25, 2022 Updated: November 25, 2022biggersmaller Print

0:00
5:28

Republican House candidates gained over 3 million more votes than Democrats in the Nov. 8 midterm elections, but barely secured a GOP majority in the lower chamber.

Recent data published by the Cook Political Report show that Republicans lead by some 3.5 million votes when all 435 House races are combined. As of Friday morning, Republicans had 54.13 million votes as compared with Democrats’ 50.79 million votes.

With several races called this week, the GOP has 220 seats to Democrats’ 213, giving Republicans the majority. Two House races—one in Colorado and one in California—remain uncalled, although Republicans are leading in both.

But Democrats were able to maintain their majority in the Senate with at least 50 seats and are waiting for the conclusion of the Georgia Senate runoff to determine if the upper chamber be an even 50–50 split or not. Vice President Kamala Harris would cast the tie-breaking vote for Democrats if that is the case.

Republicans did not pick up seats in several Senate battleground states—including Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Nevada, and Arizona. However, a closely contested race in Wisconsin went in favor of Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.).

“Simply put, Republicans picked up the votes they needed, just not where they needed them most,” Charlie Cook, a longtime analyst and founder of the Cook Political Report, wrote after the election. “Clearly something or someone intervened, affecting the outcome of the election in the places that mattered.”

Michael McKenna, a Republican operative and aide in the Trump administration, told the Washington Times this week that Democrats benefitted from redistricting in certain states following the 2020 census. However, he suggested that it might not pan out for Democrats in future elections.

“This is the first cycle inside a redistricting cycle. My guess is two years from now they’re going to regret this,” he said, adding that a number of first-time Republican candidates were close to taking seats held by Democrat House incumbents.

Overall, he added, the United States “is in the middle of a national realignment, and that’s going to benefit the Republicans,” he said, pointing to some Republican gains among black and Hispanic voters. He noted that Democrats benefitted the most from college-educated unmarried women.

Republicans got 3 million more votes in 2022 than during the 2018 midterms. Democrats got 10.3 million fewer votes than 2018, during which the party won control of the House at 235–199.

Meanwhile, some Republicans said their party suffered during 2022 midterms, in part, because former President Donald Trump was not standing in an election this year. However, some in the GOP have suggested that the 45th president was a drag on the party amid several investigations and lawsuits, claiming some of his high-profile picks like Dr. Mehmet Oz and Kari Lake did not pan out.

Epoch Times Photo
Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) speaks during the Turning Point USA Student Action Summit held at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, Fla., on July 23, 2022. (Joe Raedle/Getty Images)
“Donald Trump remains a very popular figure in the Republican Party in each corner of the country,” Rep. Jim Banks (R-Ind.), the head of the influential Republican Study Committee, told Fox News earlier this month, noting the former president “wasn’t on the ballot.”

A week after the midterms, Trump announced that he would run for president in 2024 during an event at Mar-a-Lago.

Where Races Stand
This week, Alaska’s at-large congressional seat was called for Rep. Mary Peltola (D-Alaska.) over two Republican candidates, former Gov. Sarah Palin and Nick Begich. Earlier this year, Peltola also defeated Palin and Begich in a special election that was sparked by the death of Rep. Don Young (R-Alaska.), although the state features a controversial ranked-choice voting system that was approved by voters a year before.

Palin in September criticized the state’s ranked-choice voting system and called it a mistake. Several days ago, Palin signed an initiative to repeal the system, according to local media reports.

A week ago, Democrat Adam Frisch announced that he had called Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) to concede the race for Colorado’s 3rd Congressional District. The Associated Press and other news outlets have not yet called the race for Boebert, who was endorsed by Trump, despite 99 percent of the vote being tallied.

And in California’s redrawn 13th Congressional District, Republican John Duarte has received 50.2 percent of the total votes with 99 percent of the votes counted. Democrat candidate Adam Gray trailed Duarte by about 600 votes, fewer than 0.5 percentage points, as of Friday.

Days before that, AP and others called another California House race in favor of Republican Kevin Kiley, who was endorsed by Trump. Kiley currently has about 53.3 percent of the vote as compared with Democrat Kermit Jones’ 46.7 percent, according to AP.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Rep support for Zelensky divided
« Reply #1571 on: December 22, 2022, 05:59:52 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jim-jordan-urged-far-right-colleague-to-stand-for-zelensky-he-refused-report/ar-AA15xHYc?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=70660d2ca7634bbc8644abf455589b27

============
NBC

Lauren Boebert And Matt Gaetz Don't Applaud For Zelensky During Address

As Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky addressed Congress, Lauren Boebert and Matt Gaetz are see not applauding the President during his speech

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Politics, GOP stumbled with independents
« Reply #1574 on: December 26, 2022, 06:28:53 PM »

EAGAN, Minn. (AP) — As Republican Tyler Kistner's closing ad aired last month in one of the most competitive congressional districts in the U.S., Vickie Klang felt that something was missing.

The 58-year-old veterinary technician and self-described independent voter watched as the 30-second spot showed grainy black-and-white images of President Joe Biden with two-term Democratic Rep. Angie Craig superimposed alongside him. The narrator ominously described life in America as “dangerous and unaffordable" because of an alliance between the two Democrats.

Absent from the ad, Klang thought, was anything close to a solution beyond electing Kistner.

“You’re never telling me what you're going to do for the state or the country,” Klang recalled. “That’s a huge turnoff
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 04:53:14 AM by DougMacG »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Liar Rep.-elect George Santos
« Reply #1575 on: December 27, 2022, 08:50:14 AM »
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/12/27/exclusive-conservatives-build-governing-machine-ready-2025/

How can someone like this be trusted to govern?  Just because he has R in front of his name does not let him off the hook

what galls me even more is how the LEFT let's Dems who lie slide

but then go on picnic with endless headlines about the Repub who lies(d)

Does not Biden lie - "I was at top of my law school class". "corn pop" etc
Schiff ?
Pelosi ?
Clintons ?

etc

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: June 14, 2023, 07:51:45 AM »
I recalled a conversation with a friend about the indictment of Donald Trump.

He repeated a phrase he had heard recently: “We’re not voting our way out of this.”

GM do you know Mike Goodwin?

:-D

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: June 14, 2023, 07:54:26 AM »
I recalled a conversation with a friend about the indictment of Donald Trump.

He repeated a phrase he had heard recently: “We’re not voting our way out of this.”

GM do you know Mike Goodwin?

No, but that phrase kind of sounds familiar for some reason....

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: June 14, 2023, 08:20:11 AM »
From the article:
 "...no matter how you interpret the phrase, all roads end in a bad place."

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: June 14, 2023, 09:01:48 AM »
From the article:
 "...no matter how you interpret the phrase, all roads end in a bad place."

What kind of place are we in now?

Ashli Babbit unavailable for comment.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: June 14, 2023, 10:43:03 AM »
No logic string connects Ashlie Babbitt's murder to giving up.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: June 17, 2023, 02:09:39 PM »

The only thing I am telling you is to give up your “vote harder” fantasies.

Ashli Babbit is a reminder that the feral government will not think twice about murdering anyone that dares to contest blatantly stolen elections.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: June 17, 2023, 06:41:54 PM »

The only thing I am telling you is to give up your “vote harder” fantasies.

Ashli Babbit is a reminder that the feral government will not think twice about murdering anyone that dares to contest blatantly stolen elections.

Quick question, if you were on the side of the fascist totalitarians instead of on our side, and you wanted militant Leftists to take even greater power, sooner, wider, faster, what would you do differently beyond joining discussion boards and telling pro-freedom people to give up?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 07:29:03 PM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: June 17, 2023, 06:55:24 PM »
Inquiring minds want to know , , ,

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Politics Georgia
« Reply #1590 on: August 16, 2023, 07:14:27 AM »
Brian Kemp won the 2022 Georgia Governor's race by 7 and 1/2 points, over eight points if you count 0.7 to the libertarian.

Republicans have a 101-79 advantage in the Georgia House. Republicans have a 33-23 advantage in the Georgia Senate following the elections of 2020 and 2022.

The elected Georgia lieutenant governor is Republican. The elected Georgia attorney general is Republican. The elected Georgia Secretary of State is Republican.
https://www.politico.com/2022-election/results/georgia/statewide-offices/

Something like six states control the destiny of the United States right now. Georgia is perhaps the most winnable for Republicans of those six. In other words, if Republicans lose there, they will lose nationwide.

Trump is leading for the Republican nomination right now by far, and Trump will lose in Georgia for sure, witness the four US Senate races recently and the 2020 Presidential.

What's wrong with this picture?

Trump deserves vindication on most (or all?) of his legal matters. Trump does not deserve the Republican nomination as he is headed to disaster in the general election.

There is a lesson in all this and we've got minutes to learn it.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Politics, Trende in Texas
« Reply #1591 on: August 16, 2023, 07:28:11 AM »
Partly about Ted Cruz but largely about political trends in Texas, which voting-wise is one big suburb.

One conclusion, if Trump is the R nominee for President, Cruz could lose the Senate seat.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2023/08/16/could_ted_cruz_lose_reelection_149629.html

All these key states are one big suburb.  Republicans can't win nationally and keep losing in the suburbs.

Wake up people. 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 07:33:06 AM by DougMacG »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Politics,
« Reply #1592 on: October 01, 2023, 09:38:27 PM »
Give Me Liberty or Give Me Democrats

- RCP, Am Greatness column name today.  Pretty good bumper sticker

https://amgreatness.com/2023/09/30/give-me-liberty-or-give-me-democrats/

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Democrats have lost the 'cares about people like me' advantage
« Reply #1593 on: October 06, 2023, 07:08:22 AM »
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/new-deal-politics-turned-upside-down

The reason for this I think is because, they don't care about people like you.

If they cared, would they want you to pay $80 at the gas pump?

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Political Pendulum
« Reply #1594 on: October 11, 2023, 06:18:58 AM »
Gay marriage, trans bathrooms, and thousands in EV credits to millionaires, these are the issues when we take peace and prosperity for granted, and good to have that all sorted out.

Stagnant wages, unaffordable living costs and a world on fire, these are the results of taking peace and prosperity for granted.

Those old enough to remember the early 1990s remember the shortsighted debate of how we should 'spend' the 'peace dividend' as the massive Soviet threat was (mostly) gone.

We neglected our defenses and our foreign intelligence and within a decade were attacked worse than the Soviets ever did to us.  To fully visualize that, imagine the Pentagon and White House burnt to the ground the way Twin Towers went.

In Israel we see terrorists by the thousand breaking through barriers and executing terror door to door, destroying, raping, killing taking hostages and posting with glee on social media. In America, the southern 'barrier' currently has an 'everyone welcome' sign up, and known terrorists are among those entering.

Democrats of the 1980s couldn't believe the (relatively small deficits of the time even while they controlled the House and spending the entire time. Today with the party control reversed we increased spending (on nothingness) 43% in 4 years, currently spending 40% more than we take in, mostly transfer checks from future taxpayers to preferred political groups.
 The euphemism 'what could go wrong' is quickly being replaced with a reality of what IS going wrong.

Real wages are falling, energy prices skyrocketed, savings rate below zero, credit card debt exploding, homes unaffordable and a collapse of deterrence leading to a world on fire.

Yes this means the pendulum should swing back to the party more trusted and more competent at managing the economy and world affairs, but it didn't have to come to this.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 06:28:05 AM by DougMacG »

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: October 11, 2023, 05:57:35 PM »
These Dems haven’t wasted any time making it clear how much daylight there is between them and Biden. Still plenty of time for things to change—hell, Biden looks like he may keel over, or wander off in mismatched socks and fuzzy slippers to a 7/11 in SE DC—but it heartens me to see Dems in tough races so promptly abandon the party line.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4251128-these-democrats-calling-biden-freeze-iran-funds/

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: October 24, 2023, 08:25:25 AM »
I would like to see a thread devoted to political persuasion but I know that overlaps every other thread.

I bumped into an old friend, happens to be of the Left, a retired former partner of a major law firm now living in a low tax state.  Seeing me prompts political thoughts; I seem to be the only Republican these people know.  It's a social setting and everyone is trying to be nice.  He gently tries to confirm that I'm at least not supporting Trump and I told him I like DeSantis.  Immediate reaction, he just hates the book banning, then went on with something about nothing can be taught in Florida about slavery that doesn't portray whites in a good light. 

On the first point I let him know the issue was about not sexualizing kids K-3 and that the 'don't say gay' laws don't mention gay.  On the second point I have a puzzled look on his struggle to say Republicans want to sugar coat slavery.

On further reflection he was referring to rejecting the 1619 project that was renounced by it's primary author.

I gently suggested he check his sources and he suggested I check mine.  End of politics.

I realize he is not the least bit persuadable, nor am I unless my facts are wrong, but there were people within earshot taking it in who might be.

In one sense, that's why I'm here doing this, sharpening my readiness for these moments.  In another sense, we get accustomed to so called preaching to the choir and my real persuasive ability when needed is lacking.

Most infuriating isn't the differences of opinions; it's the differences of facts.
Further to the education in Florida discussion (Florida is already a swear word to the Left) I said, look at Virginia.  The reaction to what is happening in the schools (that elected a Republican Governor in a recently turned blue state) was about something that is happening in the schools.  Blank reaction.

Strange that in such a Hate Trump world they have already demogoged his second place rival beyond repair, who just ate their lunch at the ballot box.

I wish I had better answers, but mostly I wish our politicians did.

How many times can NYT et al be wrong, and especially wrong by omission, and still be so trusted?  And how many times can right conspiracy type sites be right and still be thought of as tin foil?

It's a strange world we live in.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 08:32:19 AM by DougMacG »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
according to this Harvard article
« Reply #1598 on: October 24, 2023, 11:12:21 AM »
76% of lawyers from top schools donate to Democrats > Republicans

According to this, lawyers prior to the 60s and 70s were more conservative

so thanks to the 60s generation

they are now mostly Democrats

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2017/08/analyst-gauges-the-political-bias-of-lawyers/

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: October 24, 2023, 02:29:40 PM »
"I would like to see a thread devoted to political persuasion but I know that overlaps every other thread."

Ummm , , , we already have that:  "The Way Forward" threads.