Author Topic: We the Well-armed People (gun and knife rights stuff ) Second Amendment  (Read 895696 times)

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: NJ plea deal wiped out felony of Texas church gunman
« Reply #2050 on: January 08, 2020, 07:07:21 PM »
https://nj1015.com/nj-gave-texas-church-gunman-plea-deal-that-wiped-out-gun-felony/

Gun control is about disarming Americans so they can be preyed upon by the dem voting blocs.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Why the left is so eager to take our guns
« Reply #2053 on: January 14, 2020, 04:48:54 PM »
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/385290.php

Dibs on the top bunk at the Gulag.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: NM sheriffs against Red Flag
« Reply #2061 on: January 21, 2020, 08:36:16 AM »
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/nm-sheriffs-force-lawmakers-to-abandon-red-flag-bill-we-refuse-to-enforce-unconstitutional-laws/

New Mexico in this case, but this could happen in almost every state.  Trump carried 78 of 87 counties in Minnesota in a close loss.  Driving across northern, central and western Wisconsin last summer (where Trump won) I couldn't help noticing that all the political yard signs were for Sheriff with the name changing every time you go into another county.  Out in the heartland, they care deeply who is Sheriff.  For all the political study I do, I couldn't figure out the meaning of that.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
VA Red Flag Bill
« Reply #2062 on: January 23, 2020, 08:15:08 AM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
VA at it again
« Reply #2064 on: February 07, 2020, 08:55:31 PM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Get off my lawn!
« Reply #2072 on: March 03, 2020, 12:52:14 PM »
second post

The husband of LA DA vs. BLM visitors on their porch:

https://newsone.com/3906406/jackie-lacey-husband-aims-gun-blm-video/

Oh the irony!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: KY 01/2020
« Reply #2075 on: April 21, 2020, 02:08:27 PM »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
gun rights stuff : G M was right
« Reply #2077 on: May 29, 2020, 04:46:36 PM »
I passed through South and North Minneapolis without any trouble today, but after two nights of violence today this might have been a day when a person didn't want to helpless if trouble came your way. 

It was hard for me to know when I would carry if I held a permit to do so.  When you need to go back into a trouble area on the day or the day after big trouble, that might be among those times.  It takes time to learn marksmanship and safety, to get a permit and to buy what you need to be ready.  When you need it, it is too late to start the process.  Lesson almost learned.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: We the Well-armed People (gun and knife rights stuff )
« Reply #2078 on: May 29, 2020, 04:52:36 PM »
"Intelligence is the amount of time it takes to forget a lesson." 

This may be one of mine :-D

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: gun rights stuff : G M was right
« Reply #2079 on: May 29, 2020, 09:42:29 PM »
It is always better to have a gun and not need it rather than need a gun and not have it.

I passed through South and North Minneapolis without any trouble today, but after two nights of violence today this might have been a day when a person didn't want to helpless if trouble came your way. 

It was hard for me to know when I would carry if I held a permit to do so.  When you need to go back into a trouble area on the day or the day after big trouble, that might be among those times.  It takes time to learn marksmanship and safety, to get a permit and to buy what you need to be ready.  When you need it, it is too late to start the process.  Lesson almost learned.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: June 09, 2020, 07:35:34 AM »
I am so sick of saying it.  Our G M was right.  Must I write that in every topic??    :wink:

What does disband, de-fund the police mean?  Arm yourself.  Arm your home.  Arm your store. 

Crafty and DBMA were right along too.  Learn to defend yourself and the ones you love.  "Die Less Often".

What surprises me most about all this is that the message is coming from the anti-gun side of the aisle.  Wait for your emergency.  Call 911 and no one from police or fire will be coming out to help you.  You are on your own.  "Plan accordingly".

My photo (from SJW thread), looking out to the neighbor's property from a garage we built:

No fire department called or came, apparently.  Still no police tape up.  No file opened.  No investigation.  No suspects.  No arrests.  No convictions.  No one gives a rat's ass.  Soon there will be no property insurance sold.  Does your city provide police and fire protection?  No?  Then we don't write policies there.

On the nicer side of town in Uptown where young professionals want to live, we have our nicest property we call Lake Calhoun View in our rental ads, right behind the Lake Calhoun Pavilion.  Lake Calhoun is (was) the largest of the Minneapolis lakes that the NBA champion Minneapolis Lakers were named for, now the LA Lakers.  My mom went to Clalhoun elementary school but it is no longer called Lake Calhoun because Calhoun was a slavery supporting Vice President.  Now it is Bde Maka Ska as the more politically correct Sioux Indians called it, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakota_War_of_1862, and the Pavilion was burnt to the ground by Islamic terrorists last year. https://www.startribune.com/fire-damages-pavilion-and-restaurant-at-bde-maka-ska/510005182/  https://www.startribune.com/pair-caught-on-camera-at-bde-maka-ska-lake-calhoun-pavilion-before-fire-id-d/510304872/
 And the building on our corner of Lake Street was vandalized in the riots last week.  Great neighborhood.

No Police or fire dept and a government that supports Anarchy means arm yourself.  Not just guns but smoke masks and who knows what else.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: June 09, 2020, 10:29:56 AM »
Welcome to the Burning 20's.

This is the American Kristallnact. It only gets worse from here.

I am so sick of saying it.  Our G M was right.  Must I write that in every topic??    :wink:

What does disband, de-fund the police mean?  Arm yourself.  Arm your home.  Arm your store. 

Crafty and DBMA were right along too.  Learn to defend yourself and the ones you love.  "Die Less Often".

What surprises me most about all this is that the message is coming from the anti-gun side of the aisle.  Wait for your emergency.  Call 911 and no one from police or fire will be coming out to help you.  You are on your own.  "Plan accordingly".

My photo (from SJW thread), looking out to the neighbor's property from a garage we built:

No fire department called or came, apparently.  Still no police tape up.  No file opened.  No investigation.  No suspects.  No arrests.  No convictions.  No one gives a rat's ass.  Soon there will be no property insurance sold.  Does your city provide police and fire protection?  No?  Then we don't write policies there.

On the nicer side of town in Uptown where young professionals want to live, we have our nicest property we call Lake Calhoun View in our rental ads, right behind the Lake Calhoun Pavilion.  Lake Calhoun is (was) the largest of the Minneapolis lakes that the NBA champion Minneapolis Lakers were named for, now the LA Lakers.  My mom went to Clalhoun elementary school but it is no longer called Lake Calhoun because Calhoun was a slavery supporting Vice President.  Now it is Bde Maka Ska as the more politically correct Sioux Indians called it, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakota_War_of_1862, and the Pavilion was burnt to the ground by Islamic terrorists last year. https://www.startribune.com/fire-damages-pavilion-and-restaurant-at-bde-maka-ska/510005182/  https://www.startribune.com/pair-caught-on-camera-at-bde-maka-ska-lake-calhoun-pavilion-before-fire-id-d/510304872/
 And the building on our corner of Lake Street was vandalized in the riots last week.  Great neighborhood.

No Police or fire dept and a government that supports Anarchy means arm yourself.  Not just guns but smoke masks and who knows what else.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: July 06, 2020, 03:49:47 PM »
Question:

Son is looking to upgrade the 9mm's that we have. Looking for a Beretta 9mm.  Online stores all are out of stock. Has tried calling sporting goods stores and are out of stock as well.

Anyone know of a place he can buy one and get shipped to CA licensed dealer?

Thanks.
PPulatie

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: July 06, 2020, 05:52:58 PM »
What model of Beretta 9mm?

Question:

Son is looking to upgrade the 9mm's that we have. Looking for a Beretta 9mm.  Online stores all are out of stock. Has tried calling sporting goods stores and are out of stock as well.

Anyone know of a place he can buy one and get shipped to CA licensed dealer?

Thanks.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Our Second Amendment is a rejection of nobility
« Reply #2092 on: July 18, 2020, 07:11:33 PM »

Our Second Amendment: A rejection of nobility
BY JOHN M. DEMAGGIO, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 07/18/20 04:00 PM EDT 

The argument over the Second Amendment routinely centers on guns. But our Second Amendment right to “keep and bear arms” has just as much to do with casting off the stratification of the social class system and buttressing religious freedom.

The Bill of Rights solidifies a number of beliefs and rights discussed in the body of the United States Constitution and the Declaration of Independence.

The Declaration of Independence cites “the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God” plus the famous words “they are endowed by their Creator,” and Article VI of the Constitution states “no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.” These religious beliefs and freedoms are solidified in the Bill of Rights First Amendment, “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.”

Two grievances listed in the Declaration of Independence are “For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury” and “For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences.” While the Constitution under Article 1 sec 9.2 states “The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended.” These rights are solidified in the Bill of Rights Fifth Amendment — “No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on presentation or indictment of a Grand Jury” — and Sixth Amendment: “the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed.”

One cannot discuss the Bill of Rights independently but must consider it within a broader discussion encompassing two other pillars of our system of government: the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

Today people immediately consider “arms” to be guns. But in the long run-up to American independence — in medieval, pre-colonial and colonial times — arms for “bearing” were usually edged weapons, especially swords.

The Metropolitan Museum of Art tells us that in medieval times “generally speaking only noblemen were allowed to carry a sword in public.”

Plinio Correa de Oliveira writes in “What is the Symbol of Nobility and Power? And Why?” that “The people of the Middle Ages regarded the sword with a certain profundity, esteeming it as a symbol of man’s God-given nobility.”

French nobility prerogatives after 1440 included the right to “wear a sword.” The sword was used during the noble “dubbing ceremony,” still practiced by today’s British Crown.

In “Warrior Pursuits: Noble Culture and Civil Conflict in Early Modern France” Brian Sandberg writes “The early seventeenth century jurist Charles Loyseau points out that ‘all nobles except those of the long robe have the right to bear the sword as the insignia and mark of nobility."

As guns became more prevalent, swords took on even greater symbolism of higher class.

Ben Miller in “Fencing in Colonial America and the Early Republic: 1620 – 1800” makes repeated reference to fencing as “the noble art’ or “the noble science.” He also tells us that the Virginia fencing master, Edward Blackwell stated: “In fine, Air in Wearing, and Skill in Using a SWORD, are such additional Accomplishments to a Gentleman, that he is never esteem’d polite and well bred without them.”

Webster’s 1828 Dictionary defining arms notes that “for common soldiers a sword is not necessary.”

There was often religious — as well as class — restrictions on such “arms.” As far back as 1181, the English Assize of Arms required freemen to maintain a lance for defense of the King, but specifically restricted Jews from maintaining arms. In District of Columbia et al. v. Heller Justice Antonin Scallia, delivering the majority opinion, discussed other historical instances of access to arms denied based on religious affiliation.

The prerogative to “bear arms” of the day, specifically the sword, was a right, privilege and symbol of nobility denied to the commoner and often subject to a “religious test.”

There is no reference to citizen’s arms in the Declaration of Independence or the body of the Constitution — but there is ample evidence regarding equality and prohibitions against nobility. Our Declaration of Independence reflects all men have an “equal station” and “all men are created equal…” while the United States Constitution declares under Article 1 Sec 9.8 “No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States” and in Sec 10.1 forbids the states from granting “any Title of Nobility.”

Pelosi remembers John Lewis as 'a titan' whose 'bravery transformed...
Under the Second Amendment, while “keep… arms” bolsters the First Amendment’s guaranteed religious freedom, the right to “bear arms” solidified the Constitutional rejection of “Titles of Nobility” and reaffirmed that “all men are created equal” with an “equal station” as stated in the Declaration of Independence.

I wonder if opposition to the Second Amendment’s right of people to “bear arms” might also be — at some level — a rejection of the “equal station” of all people, a reaffirmation of a sort of “Nobility,” a sense of privilege by an established “professional political class?”

John M. DeMaggio is a retired Special Agent in Charge for the U.S. Postal Service Inspector General. He is also a retired Captain in the U.S. Navy, where he served in Naval Intelligence. The above is the opinion of the author and is not meant to reflect the opinion of the U.S. Navy or the U.S. Government.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Our Second Amendment is a rejection of nobility
« Reply #2093 on: July 18, 2020, 07:21:31 PM »

"I wonder if opposition to the Second Amendment’s right of people to “bear arms” might also be — at some level — a rejection of the “equal station” of all people, a reaffirmation of a sort of “Nobility,” a sense of privilege by an established “professional political class?”

Throughout human history, different times and different cultures a clear line between serf/slaves and those that ruled over them was the ability to possess weapons.

Our Second Amendment: A rejection of nobility
BY JOHN M. DEMAGGIO, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 07/18/20 04:00 PM EDT 

The argument over the Second Amendment routinely centers on guns. But our Second Amendment right to “keep and bear arms” has just as much to do with casting off the stratification of the social class system and buttressing religious freedom.

The Bill of Rights solidifies a number of beliefs and rights discussed in the body of the United States Constitution and the Declaration of Independence.

The Declaration of Independence cites “the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God” plus the famous words “they are endowed by their Creator,” and Article VI of the Constitution states “no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.” These religious beliefs and freedoms are solidified in the Bill of Rights First Amendment, “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.”

Two grievances listed in the Declaration of Independence are “For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury” and “For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences.” While the Constitution under Article 1 sec 9.2 states “The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended.” These rights are solidified in the Bill of Rights Fifth Amendment — “No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on presentation or indictment of a Grand Jury” — and Sixth Amendment: “the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed.”

One cannot discuss the Bill of Rights independently but must consider it within a broader discussion encompassing two other pillars of our system of government: the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

Today people immediately consider “arms” to be guns. But in the long run-up to American independence — in medieval, pre-colonial and colonial times — arms for “bearing” were usually edged weapons, especially swords.

The Metropolitan Museum of Art tells us that in medieval times “generally speaking only noblemen were allowed to carry a sword in public.”

Plinio Correa de Oliveira writes in “What is the Symbol of Nobility and Power? And Why?” that “The people of the Middle Ages regarded the sword with a certain profundity, esteeming it as a symbol of man’s God-given nobility.”

French nobility prerogatives after 1440 included the right to “wear a sword.” The sword was used during the noble “dubbing ceremony,” still practiced by today’s British Crown.

In “Warrior Pursuits: Noble Culture and Civil Conflict in Early Modern France” Brian Sandberg writes “The early seventeenth century jurist Charles Loyseau points out that ‘all nobles except those of the long robe have the right to bear the sword as the insignia and mark of nobility."

As guns became more prevalent, swords took on even greater symbolism of higher class.

Ben Miller in “Fencing in Colonial America and the Early Republic: 1620 – 1800” makes repeated reference to fencing as “the noble art’ or “the noble science.” He also tells us that the Virginia fencing master, Edward Blackwell stated: “In fine, Air in Wearing, and Skill in Using a SWORD, are such additional Accomplishments to a Gentleman, that he is never esteem’d polite and well bred without them.”

Webster’s 1828 Dictionary defining arms notes that “for common soldiers a sword is not necessary.”

There was often religious — as well as class — restrictions on such “arms.” As far back as 1181, the English Assize of Arms required freemen to maintain a lance for defense of the King, but specifically restricted Jews from maintaining arms. In District of Columbia et al. v. Heller Justice Antonin Scallia, delivering the majority opinion, discussed other historical instances of access to arms denied based on religious affiliation.

The prerogative to “bear arms” of the day, specifically the sword, was a right, privilege and symbol of nobility denied to the commoner and often subject to a “religious test.”

There is no reference to citizen’s arms in the Declaration of Independence or the body of the Constitution — but there is ample evidence regarding equality and prohibitions against nobility. Our Declaration of Independence reflects all men have an “equal station” and “all men are created equal…” while the United States Constitution declares under Article 1 Sec 9.8 “No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States” and in Sec 10.1 forbids the states from granting “any Title of Nobility.”

Pelosi remembers John Lewis as 'a titan' whose 'bravery transformed...
Under the Second Amendment, while “keep… arms” bolsters the First Amendment’s guaranteed religious freedom, the right to “bear arms” solidified the Constitutional rejection of “Titles of Nobility” and reaffirmed that “all men are created equal” with an “equal station” as stated in the Declaration of Independence.

I wonder if opposition to the Second Amendment’s right of people to “bear arms” might also be — at some level — a rejection of the “equal station” of all people, a reaffirmation of a sort of “Nobility,” a sense of privilege by an established “professional political class?”

John M. DeMaggio is a retired Special Agent in Charge for the U.S. Postal Service Inspector General. He is also a retired Captain in the U.S. Navy, where he served in Naval Intelligence. The above is the opinion of the author and is not meant to reflect the opinion of the U.S. Navy or the U.S. Government.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
ok for protesters to block traffic
« Reply #2097 on: July 27, 2020, 04:03:57 PM »
it is their first amendments rights.  :-(

peaceful protesters ( he was not aiming his gun it was pointed down when he approached the vehicle) my behind

https://www.yahoo.com/news/garrett-foster-brought-gun-austin-114325700.html

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 05:31:33 AM by Crafty_Dog »