Author Topic: We the Well-armed People (gun and knife rights stuff ) Second Amendment  (Read 902021 times)

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Federal law: Prohibited persons
« Reply #2300 on: July 05, 2022, 01:18:19 PM »
It's not a red flag law, it says that any person who is prohibited to possess a firearm by federal law and does is guilty of a felony. Proving the shooter was using illegal drugs and ALSO possessed so much as a single round of ammunition would be simple, if the feds actually wanted to do something to stop it. NOTE all the Antifa associates who are drug users and/or prior felons brandishing weapons who AREN'T being arrested by the ATF.

Why not?

My money says this is Operation Fast and Furious, part II, active shooter.

If I'm reading this right, we already had a red flag law.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/identify-prohibited-persons

Identify Prohibited Persons
The Gun Control Act (GCA), codified at 18 U.S.C. § 922(g), makes it unlawful for certain categories of persons to ship, transport, receive, or possess firearms or ammunition, to include any person:

convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
who is a fugitive from justice;

who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act, codified at 21 U.S.C. § 802);

who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;
who is an illegal alien;

who has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;

who has renounced his or her United States citizenship;
who is subject to a court order restraining the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of the intimate partner; or

who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
The GCA at 18 U.S.C. § 922(n) also makes it unlawful for any person under indictment for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year to ship, transport, or receive firearms or ammunition.

Further, the GCA at 18 U.S.C. § 922(d) makes it unlawful to sell or otherwise dispose of firearms or ammunition to any person who is prohibited from shipping, transporting, receiving, or possessing firearms or ammunition.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: We the Well-armed People (gun and knife rights stuff )
« Reply #2301 on: July 05, 2022, 01:57:18 PM »
Do any of these tripwire the Illinois shooter?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: July 05, 2022, 02:21:56 PM »

1.  Plenty of school shooter imagery connected to him on social media. Start investigation.

2. Determine if he has, or has access to firearms.

3. Any drug use? Nod your head yes. Once you develop evidence of drug use, obtain search warrant for drugs, firearms and ammo.

4.  Serve search warrant, seize drugs, guns and ammo.

5. Subject in jail, facing federal charges. No mass shooting.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: July 05, 2022, 02:47:54 PM »

1.  Plenty of school shooter imagery connected to him on social media. Start investigation.

3. Any drug use? Nod your head yes. Once you develop evidence of drug use, obtain search warrant for drugs, firearms and ammo.

That is what they would be doing ... if they weren't busy prosecuting Republicans and parents at school board meetings.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: July 05, 2022, 02:53:52 PM »

That is what they would be doing ... if they weren't busy prosecuting Republicans and parents at school board meetings.

If he wasn't being primed to do the shooting by the feds.

"Tear up Texas".

https://theintercept.com/2016/08/09/fbi-agent-goaded-garland-shooter-to-tear-up-texas-raising-new-alarms-about-bureaus-methods/

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Illinois has a red flag law, so why didn't it work?
« Reply #2306 on: July 06, 2022, 12:02:12 PM »
https://ace.mu.nu/archives/399885.php

We need to RED FLAG harder!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: July 23, 2022, 09:18:07 PM »
Impressive!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
WA Sheriff: Beware warrantless ATF
« Reply #2321 on: July 25, 2022, 09:01:37 AM »
Sheriff: Residents should tell warrantless agents to leave

Says ATF must answer for ‘illegal’ inspection of homeowner’s guns

BY KERRY PICKET THE WASHINGTON TIMES

A Washington state sheriff advised residents in his county Friday that if agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) come to their homes without a search warrant asking to inspect their firearms, they can tell them to leave their property.

Klickitat County Sheriff Bob Songer said in a press statement that agents are “making surprise home visits of persons who have purchased two or more firearms at one time. To my knowledge, these ATF visits have not occurred in Washington State yet.”

Mr. Songer told The Washington Times he became concerned about the Second Amendment rights of the residents of Klickitat County after viewing a doorbell video that showed a firearms owner who ATF agents coerced, without a warrant, to inspect his firearms.

“I’m a constitutional sheriff. I got a lifetime membership with the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association,” he said. “And I believe strongly in the fact that my duty as sheriff is serving the citizens that put me in office to protect their constitutional rights and liberties.”

Mr. Songer, who is running for reelection to a third term in office, said that if residents are contacted by an ATF agent or any other federal agent lacking a search warrant to inspect firearms they have purchased, residents do not have to cooperate with the authorities and should contact his office if the agents refuse to leave their property.

“The ATF must answer questions on why they decided to conduct an illegal search, especially since the homeowner had done nothing wrong,” Mr. Songer said in the statement. “These actions by the federal government are unsettling, and they have no business going door-to-door to see who owns firearms. I fear that there will be more illegal inspections to come as the Left continues its assault on our 2nd Amendment rights. Congress should investigate this immediately.”

The ATF defended itself in a statement to The Washington Times, saying the agents’ actions were “entirely appropriate.”

“Ask the agents to show you their search warrant to inspect your firearms,” Mr. Songer said, advising his constituents to make sure a warrant is signed by a judge. “Ask them if the sheriff is aware of them contacting people in our county.”

The sheriff then suggests telling the agents to leave the property. If they refuse, “they are trespassing,” he said. Mr. Songer said they should then call the Klickitat County Sheriff’s Department and report the incident, which could lead to the arrest of the federal agents.

“If the ATF agents do not have a search warrant signed by a judge, and you have told them to leave your property and they refuse to do so, call me, and I will make contact with the agents,” Mr. Songer said in his statement. “If they still refuse to leave, I will personally arrest the ATF agents for Criminal Trespass and book them into the Klickitat County Jail.”

“In my opinion, these surprise visits by ATF Agents are nothing more than a fishing expedition to see what guns you have in your possession,” Mr. Songer said.

The sheriff warned that agents are looking for “straw purchases,” in which a legal gun buyer purchases two or more firearms, and then gives or sells the gun to someone who cannot pass a legal background check.

“It appears at this time, ATF agents are making surprise home visits along the I-95 corridor [and] in the states of Indiana, Nevada and Arizona,” he said.

Attorney General Merrick Garland announced last year in late July that the U.S. attorney’s offices and ATF agents were targeting straw purchasers in metropolitan areas and neighboring towns, including within these particular states.

Mr. Songer says he is not concerned about angering state or federal officials.

“I really don’t care what the FBI or the ATF or the Biden administration has to say. One thing about an elected chair, his only boss is the people that elect him — not the county commissioners, not the governor, not the city, state attorney general, not the president or anyone,” he said. “So, I don’t really worry too much about what they have to say.”

Mr. Songer’s press release came out one day after a recent doorbell video recording from a Delaware resident showing ATF agents and a state police trooper asking a legal firearm owner for his weapons’ serial numbers without a warrant.

The video, which the ATF defended as “entirely appropriate,” caused an uproar among Second Amendment advocacy organizations, including Gun Owners of America, which said the U.S. “background check system has turned into a de facto registry, allowing the federal government to check up on who owns what firearms because of the ATF unlawful actions.”

Rep. Matt Rosendale, Montana Republican, called for an investigation into the incident, saying that he fears “that there will be more illegal inspections to come as the Left continues its assault on our Second Amendment rights. Congress should investigate this immediately.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
revolver shot by itself
« Reply #2325 on: August 16, 2022, 05:44:07 AM »
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-59499237

I though safety was a big advantage  with revolvers
you need to pull the trigger usually within the trigger guard

you can drop them throw them they won't fire.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: revolver shot by itself
« Reply #2327 on: August 16, 2022, 09:00:57 AM »

This is true of modern double action revolvers.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: revolver shot by itself
« Reply #2328 on: August 16, 2022, 12:07:49 PM »

This is true of modern double action revolvers.

https://ace.mu.nu/archives/400505.php

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
New rule on ghost guns?
« Reply #2330 on: August 25, 2022, 07:43:35 AM »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: New rule on ghost guns?
« Reply #2331 on: August 25, 2022, 08:05:39 AM »
What do we have on this?

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/crackdown-on-ghost-guns-amid-surge-in-violence/#x

As usual, criminals can get guns through the black market so let's target the freedoms of American citizens!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: August 25, 2022, 03:05:22 PM »
Specifically, what does the rule say? 

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: August 25, 2022, 09:00:31 PM »
Specifically, what does the rule say?

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/does-individual-need-license-make-firearm-personal-use

Español
Firearms Home
»
Tools & Services for Law Enforcement
»
Tools & Services for Firearms Industry
Rules and Regulations
Firearms Forms
Firearms Publications
Firearms Q&As
Does an individual need a license to make a firearm for personal use?
No, a license is not required to make a firearm solely for personal use. However, a license is required to manufacture firearms for sale or distribution. The law prohibits a person from assembling a non–sporting semiautomatic rifle or shotgun from 10 or more imported parts, as well as firearms that cannot be detected by metal detectors or x–ray machines. In addition, the making of an NFA firearm requires a tax payment and advance approval by ATF.

[18 U.S.C. 922(o), (p) and (r); 26 U.S.C. 5822; 27 CFR 478.39, 479.62 and 479.105]

Last Reviewed March 17, 2020

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: August 26, 2022, 04:58:38 AM »
Thank you.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: August 26, 2022, 06:36:29 AM »
Thank you.

1. Defund and demoralize law enforcement.

2. Violent crime skyrockets.

3. It's the guns!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Why we own guns
« Reply #2337 on: August 27, 2022, 08:09:07 AM »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: September 05, 2022, 10:52:48 AM »
I get the emotion, but please let's avoid things that might give the impression that this forum is a place calling for giving people a third eye.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: September 05, 2022, 11:08:05 AM »
I get the emotion, but please let's avoid things that might give the impression that this forum is a place calling for giving people a third eye.

It wasn’t this forum threatening half the country with F15s a few days ago, or nukes a year ago.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: September 05, 2022, 11:20:03 AM »
I don't want to go around the Mulberry Bush on this.

Of course, we have our Constitutional/Natural Law rights to protect ourselves if/when the State slips its Constitutional bonds, but regardless of what the anti-American senile, compromised, corrupt President might say, pieces referencing giving a third eye the armed Antifa loons at the kiddie drag queen show are not the tone for this forum. I would not weep should such happen to them, but this forum is not for venting such emotions.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: September 05, 2022, 12:05:53 PM »
I don't want to go around the Mulberry Bush on this.

Of course, we have our Constitutional/Natural Law rights to protect ourselves if/when the State slips its Constitutional bonds, but regardless of what the anti-American senile, compromised, corrupt President might say, pieces referencing giving a third eye the armed Antifa loons at the kiddie drag queen show are not the tone for this forum. I would not weep should such happen to them, but this forum is not for venting such emotions.

If/when?

You don’t think that already happened? The deep state junta pulling Biden’s strings openly declared war on us a few days ago.

The false flag is coming that will be used to justify open war on us, you know. Not just burning down American cities, shooting republicans at baseball games or trying to assassinate SCOTUS judges.

Unless you are planning on passively loading your family on the boxcars, you better be planning.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: September 05, 2022, 12:16:17 PM »
None of which is to my point-- this forum is not a place for advocating "giving third eyes".

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: September 05, 2022, 12:18:16 PM »
None of which is to my point-- this forum is not a place for advocating "giving third eyes".

I didn’t see any advocacy, just food for thought.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: September 05, 2022, 01:09:53 PM »
OK, I just reread, but please keep my thoughts in mind when selecting material for posting here.

If/when oppression comes, I don't want my forum to be used in smear campaigns against me by zealous FBI/DAs/political opponents.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: September 05, 2022, 01:21:57 PM »
OK, I just reread, but please keep my thoughts in mind when selecting material for posting here.

If/when oppression comes, I don't want my forum to be used in smear campaigns against me by zealous FBI/DAs/political opponents.

Don’t worry, they’ll fabricate any evidence they need.