Author Topic: Rules of the Road/Fire Hydrant/Self Intro  (Read 280983 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Rules of the Road/Fire Hydrant/Self Intro
« Reply #300 on: May 05, 2016, 01:24:26 PM »
Gents:

Let's remember to use the Subject line please so as to facilitate the Search function.

TIA,
M.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 01:34:42 PM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Rules of the Road/Fire Hydrant
« Reply #301 on: June 05, 2016, 09:24:48 PM »
See my previous post of May 5, 2016 please.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 27, 2016, 10:33:05 AM »
Gents:

I have taken the liberty of filling in subject lines.  I'd rather not have to-- it gives the appearance of me trying to put words in your mouth, but I am just trying to make the posts more findable through the Search function.

Please take a moment to make the subject lines to your posts more findable.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 22, 2016, 06:48:48 AM »
BTW gents, I see our Media and Rants threads have crossed the 400,000 line!  Well done!

8-) 8-) 8-)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Help please
« Reply #304 on: November 21, 2016, 07:21:12 AM »
Looking for the various photos of Obama bowing

Saudi Arabia
Japan
China
Some Florida mayor who was Asian-American.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 21, 2016, 09:33:02 AM »
From CD's post on another thread that will not let me reply:

As Woodrow Wilson, progressive president of Princeton University before becoming president of the United States, said in a speech in 1914, “I have often said that the use of a university is to make young gentlemen as unlike their fathers as possible."

Sad that he detested his own father rightly or wrongly:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Ruggles_Wilson

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 21, 2016, 10:57:50 AM »
Which thread?

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 21, 2016, 11:33:12 AM »
   Progressives and subversives have absconded the education system

Andy55

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 10, 2017, 01:50:29 AM »
hello mates! Andy's here. i've done karate, kendo and a bit of capoeira  :mrgreen: really enjoying the community, amazing support and the company of awesome and interesting dog brothers. and it is inly the beginning! thanks so much, really. so glad to be here

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 10, 2017, 07:28:57 AM »
hello mates! Andy's here. i've done karate, kendo and a bit of capoeira  :mrgreen: really enjoying the community, amazing support and the company of awesome and interesting dog brothers. and it is inly the beginning! thanks so much, really. so glad to be here

Welcome.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Concerning Breitbart:
« Reply #310 on: February 22, 2017, 06:00:04 PM »
I have been burned a number of times by citing Breitbart.  Though often it goes where the pravdas fear to tread, its' headlines are often disingenuous and deceptive.  I'd like to ask that it be used as a source around here with care.  Please click on the background sources it cites AND READ THEM before citing it here.  Where possible CITE THE ORIGINAL SOURCE INSTEAD OF BREITBART.

Thank you.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Concerning Breitbart:
« Reply #311 on: February 23, 2017, 07:56:15 PM »
I have been burned a number of times by citing Breitbart.  Though often it goes where the pravdas fear to tread, its' headlines are often disingenuous and deceptive.  I'd like to ask that it be used as a source around here with care.  Please click on the background sources it cites AND READ THEM before citing it here.  Where possible CITE THE ORIGINAL SOURCE INSTEAD OF BREITBART.

Thank you.

I agree.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 03, 2017, 08:55:21 AM »
Looking for:

a) pregnancy rates among US women serving in "former Yugoslavia" during US intervention there in the '90s.

b) pregnancy rates on a certain US ship in the Gulf around the time of the Gulf War.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 03, 2017, 09:33:40 AM »
Looking for:

a) pregnancy rates among US women serving in "former Yugoslavia" during US intervention there in the '90s.

As of late June[1996], 62 pregnancies were reported among the 2,000 or so women serving in Bosnia. That is something else doctors say they did not expect, although the pregnancy rate does not exceed the average for women in the Army overall.
http://www.nytimes.com/1996/07/03/world/bosnia-s-a-safe-and-healthy-place-for-the-gi-s-anyway.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1996/07/23/pregnancy-rate-of-unit-in-bosnia-hits-army-average/018879d2-4fe8-4850-a332-de37ab2cb41c/?utm_term=.5f08c49d6c14
Whether in peace or war -- or Bosnia -- the U.S. Army is discovering that about 5 percent of its female soldiers tend to get pregnant.

Latest statistics from Tuzla, headquarters for U.S. forces in Bosnia, show 68 of the 1,500 Army women deployed in the peace enforcement operation dispatched back to bases in Germany because of pregnancies.

b) pregnancy rates on a certain US ship in the Gulf around the time of the Gulf War.
[/quote]

http://militarymedicine.amsus.org/doi/full/10.7205/MILMED.172.5.511
Looking at the Navy during the Persian Gulf War, the repair ship Arcadia had 36 of its 360 women redeployed secondary to pregnancy during the first Persian Gulf War.3 In other conflicts such as Somalia, there were 72 women that became pregnant while using prophylactic mefloquine. They suffered an unexpectedly high rate of spontaneous abortion.10 And in Bosnia, it was reported that one female was evacuated every 3 days for pregnancy.
Barry J, Thomas E: At war over women. Newsweek, May 12, 1997, p 48

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 03, 2017, 10:12:25 AM »
Perfect- thank you!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: March 09, 2017, 12:20:01 PM »
Trying to find a relatively recent post wherein I listed all the ways Obama was soft on the Russians , , ,

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 02, 2017, 03:14:09 PM »
Leaving tomorrow for one week in Germany: DB Gathering, seminar, friends, etc.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 02, 2017, 04:23:11 PM »
Trying to find a relatively recent post wherein I listed all the ways Obama was soft on the Russians , , ,

Any idea of the source? I can't find anything recent.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 02, 2017, 04:42:33 PM »
Thank you for looking--  I was "the source", working off the top of my head.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 13, 2017, 10:51:59 PM »
Back home after two weeks on the road.

Things sure have been lively in my absence!!!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 08, 2017, 07:39:01 AM »
On the road until Tuesday AM.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 26, 2017, 03:58:27 AM »
I'm back!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 13, 2017, 07:05:06 PM »
Looking for proper article on court ruling Obama's Dream/DACA EO unconsitutional.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 13, 2017, 07:33:33 PM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 13, 2017, 09:11:04 PM »
Thank you GM GM (i.e. Grand Master GM) I think we are going to have to upgrade your title in Google Fu to something really high falutin'.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 14, 2017, 01:02:59 PM »
Thank you GM GM (i.e. Grand Master GM) I think we are going to have to upgrade your title in Google Fu to something really high falutin'.

You'd think I do this for a living...  :-D

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 05, 2017, 09:12:49 AM »
Gents:

We here are bright enough and strong minded enough to glean value from Breitbart, but it is regarded by many as a scurrilous publication-- and not without reason! 

One of the things we look to accomplish with this forum is to have it  as a repository of "the record" so that it may serve as a vehicle for research and source material to use against the Pravdas and the Ministry of Truth.

Breitbart just does not cut it for that.

Please use it only when there are not other sources and please take a moment to scan for irresponsible bullshite.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Another 500,000 reads thread!
« Reply #327 on: February 17, 2018, 07:35:05 AM »
500,000 reads on our Israel thread!!!

Well done gentlemen!!!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 07:37:09 AM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 20, 2018, 06:11:37 AM »
I have an idea.

How do I get in touch with the right folks at FOX about appearing on either Tucker Carlson or "One Lucky Guy"?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 04, 2018, 02:41:19 PM »
Looking for an iconic photo out of the floods after the Houston hurricane;  Manly man, carrying a woman holding a baby through flood waters.  Some urgency on this, looking to use it as part of applying myself to be a guest on Tucker Carlson.

Speaking of which, my previous post remains front and center. 

Time of the essence here.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 02:43:53 PM by Crafty_Dog »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Man, Woman, & Child: The true nature of things
« Reply #330 on: March 04, 2018, 03:34:50 PM »
Looking for an iconic photo out of the floods after the Houston hurricane;  Manly man, carrying a woman holding a baby through flood waters.  Some urgency on this, looking to use it as part of applying myself to be a guest on Tucker Carlson.

Speaking of which, my previous post remains front and center. 

Time of the essence here.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/weather/2017/08/28/felt-relief-story-behind-touching-photo-baby-asleep-harvey-rescue

https://dallasnews.imgix.net/1503963561-NM_27floodinghoustonrescueLD08.jpg?auto=format&q=50&or=0&w=800

Before the photo that would make her the face of the Hurricane Harvey rescue effort, Cathy Pham was trapped on the second story of her southwest Houston home, watching the floodwaters rise. 

She; her husband, Troy Pham; their 13-month-old son, Aidan; and a 73-year-old neighbor had sought refuge in a loft bedroom in the early hours of Sunday as Hurricane Harvey drenched the city.

Water on their street was chest deep as Brays Bayou overflowed, something that the family has never seen in seven years of living there. The first floor of their home filled with 2 feet of water.

Houston SWAT officer Daryl Hudeck carried Catherine Pham and her 13-month-old son, Aidan, to safety after they were rescued Sunday.(Louis DeLuca/Staff Photographer)
Houston SWAT officer Daryl Hudeck carried Catherine Pham and her 13-month-old son, Aidan, to safety after they were rescued Sunday. (Louis DeLuca/Staff Photographer)
“We were waiting for daylight to try to get out, but by that point the water kept rising and rising and it was unsafe to even try to get out [by truck],” Troy said by phone on Monday. It wasn’t going to be possible for them to leave without help.

Then, they heard helicopters and voices. Troy decided to see whether the sounds were rescue crews.

Troy took his kayak about 400 yards down the street, where he  found members of the Houston SWAT team and a volunteer civilian and son helping people get out of the Meyerland neighborhood. The crew of six used their motorized boat to help ferry the family from their home.

During the rescue, Aidan fell asleep cradled in his mother’s embrace as Houston SWAT member Daryl Hudeck brought them to dry ground off of Interstate 610 , where Dallas Morning News photographer Louis DeLuca had been waiting. The image he captured ran on the front page of Monday’s print editions and was carried around the world.

How is it possible that a baby could sleep during such chaos? His father thinks that Aidan knew he was safe.

“The wind was blowing, he felt comfortable and he fell asleep. I have to say he felt some relief, too, because we weren’t as anxious,” Troy said.

The rescue happened so fast, the Phams were unable to get Hudeck’s contact information. He asked Cathy her son’s name and age as he carried them, and then was off to help more people.

“I would have liked to say ‘thank you’ and somehow get his contact info get the whole crew together to say thank you and repay them for rescuing us,” Cathy said.

The family is safe now, just 4 miles away from their home at a friend’s house. They don’t expect to be able to get into their home for several days.

The Phams' home hasn’t been assessed for damage, but the only thing that matters to Cathy is the box she put in the highest spot possible in the home. It has the outfit he wore home from the hospital, a hat from his first birthday and other precious mementos. The other material items can be replaced.

She said that the family has been moved by the kindness of first responders and regular Houstonians volunteering to help people, like the stranger who offered to give the family a ride to their friend’s house after the rescue. That moment was not captured on photo, but is equally as heartwarming for the family.

“It’s hard to put the feelings of gratitude into words for their efforts and putting their lives in danger,” Troy said.

CORRECTION, 8:56 a.m., Aug. 29, 2017: In an earlier version of this story, the name of the 13-month-old boy being carried to safety in the arms of his mother was misspelled in the photo captions. His name is Aidan Pham, not Aiden.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 08:54:41 AM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 04, 2018, 08:46:40 PM »
That IS the picture- thank you!!!

Cruces

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 05, 2018, 06:59:31 PM »
First post/Introduction. 

My wife had an opportunity to study under Fu Dog as he transitioned from East Wind toward his eventual establishment of The Training Mat.  I had the privilege to benefit from some of his teaching despite my travel and work schedules.  I've made light study of some areas hand-to-hand martial arts, but I've most enjoyed the teaching I've received in Kali and Japanese sword (Kendo/Iaido). I have always been more of a book-worm by constitution and disposition than a martial artist, yet one of my passions however is military science and weaponry.  My employment involves weapon system design and strategic study while my spare time activities include, besides raising a family which takes up the lion's share, study and practice of modern gun fighting technique and rhetorical pugilism (typically in the political arena). 

I have great respect for the Dog Brothers and admiration for Crafty Dog and the others who have worked with him to forge this particular innovation in the history of martial arts in America.  I look forward to sharing with you.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 05, 2018, 08:20:46 PM »
First post/Introduction. 

My wife had an opportunity to study under Fu Dog as he transitioned from East Wind toward his eventual establishment of The Training Mat.  I had the privilege to benefit from some of his teaching despite my travel and work schedules.  I've made light study of some areas hand-to-hand martial arts, but I've most enjoyed the teaching I've received in Kali and Japanese sword (Kendo/Iaido). I have always been more of a book-worm by constitution and disposition than a martial artist, yet one of my passions however is military science and weaponry.  My employment involves weapon system design and strategic study while my spare time activities include, besides raising a family which takes up the lion's share, study and practice of modern gun fighting technique and rhetorical pugilism (typically in the political arena). 

I have great respect for the Dog Brothers and admiration for Crafty Dog and the others who have worked with him to forge this particular innovation in the history of martial arts in America.  I look forward to sharing with you.

Welcome!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 06, 2018, 11:42:56 AM »
WWWOOOFFF!!!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 16, 2018, 04:43:18 PM »
Some time this week (Wednesday?) on the Hannity show, perhaps in the opening segment, there was a graphic citing all the statutes which Hillary broke.  Would love it if someone could track this down , , ,

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 16, 2018, 07:35:00 PM »
Some time this week (Wednesday?) on the Hannity show, perhaps in the opening segment, there was a graphic citing all the statutes which Hillary broke.  Would love it if someone could track this down , , ,

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5797769954001/?playlist_id=930909813001#sp=show-clips

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 17, 2018, 12:24:54 PM »
Thank you VERY much GM!!!

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
venezuela thread?
« Reply #339 on: July 04, 2018, 02:45:47 PM »
what happened to it?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 04, 2018, 03:08:21 PM »
Both English and Spanish versions are coming up for me.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Little help please
« Reply #341 on: July 19, 2018, 10:07:31 AM »
Need a citation to a factual article on Obama's interference in Israel's election.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Little help please
« Reply #342 on: July 19, 2018, 12:44:39 PM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 19, 2018, 02:39:25 PM »
Our Grand Master of Google Fu comes through again!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 24, 2018, 09:55:21 AM »
Headed out on a road trip.

My good friend Bill McGrath will be joining us.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: September 06, 2018, 03:54:49 PM »
Woof All:

I'm looking to gradually disentangle the "Politics and Religion" forum and the "Science, Culture, & Humanities" forum from the DBMA page.  Of course I don't want to lose anyone who finds us via dogbrothers.com as we do so!

One reason is that I'm thinking this can be an opportunity to reach a much bigger audience.

Should we keep the same name or come up with a new one?

Any other ideas, suggestions, cautions, etc?

Marc/CD

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 06, 2018, 04:39:28 PM »
Woof All:

I'm looking to gradually disentangle the "Politics and Religion" forum and the "Science, Culture, & Humanities" forum from the DBMA page.  Of course I don't want to lose anyone who finds us via dogbrothers.com as we do so!

One reason is that I'm thinking this can be an opportunity to reach a much bigger audience.

Marc/CD

Is it broken?

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 07, 2018, 06:46:21 AM »
moving the forum out of the DogBrothers website may be more alluring to a larger audience.

I am fine with the page.  But some may be confused about the forum's purpose when they see it combined with the martial arts.

I know I once referred someone to the forum and they thought the martial arts portion confusing.

Another format for both "politics and religion" and "science, culture and humanities" may be able to grab more eyeballs more quickly.

Perhaps merging with say PJ media ......
I would not recommend merging with Sparta though , though we have an 'in' with them (PP).

Maybe even NR might have some interest .  Any body hear know VDH, JG?

Somehow I agree with CD that this site has potential way more then we are seeing .  There are only 4 regular posters and about half dozen who come on occasionally
A few have left altogether  for different reasons.  Probably over politics.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 06:48:31 AM by ccp »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 07, 2018, 06:54:49 AM »
Concerning our posters and their number:

In a sense, it is a big part of our strength-- by keeping out the riff-raff, the quality of our postings is pretty high IMHO. At the same time, we are not an echo chamber.  In our Search For Truth, we questions ourselves.

I am always scanning for new worthies.

I sense where this is going is to sever these two forums altogether from the Dog Brothers site.  Of course this must be done in a way that keeps our current readership!!!

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 17, 2018, 09:04:54 AM »
Marc/CD

I agree with the idea of a new entry point to the latest posts to the forum and perhaps a slight format change with that where there are lead posts and then updates and comments on those. 

The tie to the forum's origin in martial arts should be kept along with all the expertise in areas related to that. 

For names, I had two ideas:

AmericanCreed.US

https://dogbrothers.com/phpBB2/index.php?topic=1736.750
"American Creed= Free minds, free markets, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of contract, right of self-defense (hence guns and knives, etc) property rights, privacy, all connected with responsibility for the disrespect for the rights of others.   All this from our Creator, not the State nor majority vote."

Wikipedia:
The American Creed is a statement of the defining element of American identity, first formulated by Thomas Jefferson and elaborated by many others, that includes liberty, equality, individualism, populism, and laissez faire.

Sorry, I forgot my other idea for a name.  Hopefully will update.

Accept submissions for articles.  May find good new participants that way.

Try to get our best material linked on other sites.

Accumulate links of interest as a resource.  Also connect to our threads and archives for reference.

Perhaps just slightly higher pay for our writers once we get the readership and sponsorship up.  )