Author Topic: Islam in America (and pre-emptive dhimmitude)  (Read 499299 times)

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Islam in America
« Reply #850 on: October 21, 2015, 07:54:00 AM »
Again - GM is on point.

The VAST MAJORITY of Muslims - including those in this country - support, either tacitly or explicitly - the imposition of Sharia law - which is antithetical to our Constitution.
There are NO programs in any mosque in America to teach that the violent, totalitarian aspects of Islam are incorrect doctrine.

When we see evidence of these programs, we can re-evaluate whether or not Islam deserves protected status as a religion in this nation.  Until then - the burden is upon MUSLIMS to provide this evidence.  Exactly ZERO evidence to this effect has been produced.

The fact that there are a very few "good" Muslims willing to work against this understanding of Islam does not change this fact, any more than the fact that there were some (very few) Nazis in name only who spied and provided intel to the Allies in WWII.

"You have enemies?  Good.  That means that you have stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill.

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
Trump: Revoke Passports of Those Who Leave for ISIS...
« Reply #851 on: October 21, 2015, 12:22:18 PM »
Trump: Revoke Passports of those who leave to fight for ISIS, Look at closing some mosques:

by IAN HANCHETT20 Oct 20154,709
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump stated he would revoke passports from people who go overseas to fight for ISIS and “You’re going to have to certainly look at” closing mosques “if the mosque is, you know, loaded for bear” on Tuesday’s “Varney & Co” on the Fox Business Network.

Trump [relevant remarks in first video] re-iterated his prior claim about George W. Bush and September 11th, he did say that former President Bill Clinton, along with Bush holds responsibility for the 9/11 attacks. He added, “Now, was Clinton possibly, also guilty? Yeah, yeah sure. He should have maybe been more vigilant. And he actually said he knew about Osama bin Laden. I knew about Osama bin Laden, because I wrote about him in my book, I think 19 months before the World Trade Center came down.”

He was also asked [relevant remarks begin in the second video] “Now, in the UK, in Britain, they’ve obviously got a terror problem. They’ve got a lot of youngsters going over to fight for ISIS, about — just under 1,000 are going over there, and they’ve got a whole new series of proposals to deal with this, including withdrawal of passports from some of these people who’ve gone –.”

Trump responded, “Absolutely good, good.”

After host Stuart Varney continued, “And closing some mosques, would you do the same thing in America.” Trump answered, “I would do that. Absolutely. I think it’s great.”

When asked if you could close a mosque, Trump then stated, “Well, I don’t know. I mean, I haven’t heard about the closing of the mosque. It depends, if the mosque is, you know, loaded for bear, I don’t know. You’re going to have to certainly look at it. But I can tell you one thing ,if somebody goes over and they want to fight for ISIS, they wouldn’t be coming back.”

Trump responded to a question about Democratic proposals for paid family leave with, “Well, it’s something that’s being discussed. I think we have to keep our country very competitive, so, you have to be careful of it, but certainly there are a lot of people discussing it.” Regarding a $15 an hour minimum wage, he said, “We have to keep our similar answer. You have to keep our country competitive. One of the reasons companies are leaving is because salaries are too high.”

When asked if he would pledge to have no new taxes, Trump said he could, but wouldn’t on the show, and “could certainly think about doing that. Because my taxes, and under my plan, as you know, I’m reducing taxes, I think more than any other candidate, by far.” He continued that this was no new taxes is “where my mindset is.”

He also added that he wasn’t a “big fan” of the minimum wage proposal, and expressed disagreement with free universal pre-K. He further expressed support for repealing Dodd-Frank and building the Keystone XL Pipeline while stating he opposes breaking up big banks.

"You have enemies?  Good.  That means that you have stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Trump: Revoke Passports of Those Who Leave for ISIS...
« Reply #852 on: October 21, 2015, 12:28:30 PM »
I bet gives CAIR a case of the vapors.

Trump: Revoke Passports of those who leave to fight for ISIS, Look at closing some mosques:

by IAN HANCHETT20 Oct 20154,709
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump stated he would revoke passports from people who go overseas to fight for ISIS and “You’re going to have to certainly look at” closing mosques “if the mosque is, you know, loaded for bear” on Tuesday’s “Varney & Co” on the Fox Business Network.

Trump [relevant remarks in first video] re-iterated his prior claim about George W. Bush and September 11th, he did say that former President Bill Clinton, along with Bush holds responsibility for the 9/11 attacks. He added, “Now, was Clinton possibly, also guilty? Yeah, yeah sure. He should have maybe been more vigilant. And he actually said he knew about Osama bin Laden. I knew about Osama bin Laden, because I wrote about him in my book, I think 19 months before the World Trade Center came down.”

He was also asked [relevant remarks begin in the second video] “Now, in the UK, in Britain, they’ve obviously got a terror problem. They’ve got a lot of youngsters going over to fight for ISIS, about — just under 1,000 are going over there, and they’ve got a whole new series of proposals to deal with this, including withdrawal of passports from some of these people who’ve gone –.”

Trump responded, “Absolutely good, good.”

After host Stuart Varney continued, “And closing some mosques, would you do the same thing in America.” Trump answered, “I would do that. Absolutely. I think it’s great.”

When asked if you could close a mosque, Trump then stated, “Well, I don’t know. I mean, I haven’t heard about the closing of the mosque. It depends, if the mosque is, you know, loaded for bear, I don’t know. You’re going to have to certainly look at it. But I can tell you one thing ,if somebody goes over and they want to fight for ISIS, they wouldn’t be coming back.”

Trump responded to a question about Democratic proposals for paid family leave with, “Well, it’s something that’s being discussed. I think we have to keep our country very competitive, so, you have to be careful of it, but certainly there are a lot of people discussing it.” Regarding a $15 an hour minimum wage, he said, “We have to keep our similar answer. You have to keep our country competitive. One of the reasons companies are leaving is because salaries are too high.”

When asked if he would pledge to have no new taxes, Trump said he could, but wouldn’t on the show, and “could certainly think about doing that. Because my taxes, and under my plan, as you know, I’m reducing taxes, I think more than any other candidate, by far.” He continued that this was no new taxes is “where my mindset is.”

He also added that he wasn’t a “big fan” of the minimum wage proposal, and expressed disagreement with free universal pre-K. He further expressed support for repealing Dodd-Frank and building the Keystone XL Pipeline while stating he opposes breaking up big banks.

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: November 04, 2015, 09:48:20 PM »
Respect!

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
The Atlantic: Freedom of Speech Victimizes Muslims...
« Reply #855 on: November 09, 2015, 11:41:48 AM »
THE ATLANTIC: FREEDOM OF SPEECH VICTIMIZES MUSLIMS

November 9, 2015  Daniel Greenfield

There was yet another decision in the Bible Believers case.

The U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals on Wednesday found that Wayne County violated the constitutional rights of a group of religious proselytizers who were kicked out of an Arab-American cultural festival in 2012.

In a rare reversal of a previous decision from three-judge appeals court panel, an en banc review by 15 judges yielded a majority ruling that Wayne County is civilly liable to the group of evangelical Christians who sued after being ordered to leave the festival by sheriff's deputies.

The court found that even though the group attended the festival with the intention of offending Muslims using "loathsome" messages of "gross intolerance," their speech is protected by the First Amendment, and should have protected by the sheriff's office.

This is a thoroughly predictable outcome. It used to be the standard liberal position. "Used to" being the key words. The Atlantic's Garrett Epps claims that the First Amendment victimizes Muslims.

Bible Believers displays vividly the underlying strength of the American commitment to free speech—and the troubling shadow that commitment inevitably casts.

The troubling shadow being... freedom.

But we pay a price for this freedom, and not everyone pays the price equally. The First Amendment imposes on us all the duty to maintain the peace even when our deepest beliefs are denounced. But that duty is doubly onerous for minorities, because they must endure such abuse more often and longer.

In a country that is 70 percent Christian, Muslims account for less than one percent of the population. Since 9/11, powerful religious and political figures have been openly campaigning to strip this tiny population of the protections of the Constitution.

It's a typical leftist tactic to flip a freedom around into a burden. Look who suffers under freedom of speech. Minorities. To protect them, we might maybe sorta have to get rid of it.

Isn't freedom just privilege? What about voting? It rewards the majority. Think of the heavy burden of democracy on the minority? Wouldn't they be better off under an enlightened dictator?

In that context, the Bible Believers’ speech, though protected, was far from harmless... I wish I could talk to Irv Feiner about Bible Believers. He was a better lawyer than many who took the bar, and a better American than those who tried to ruin his life. His imagination, I think, would have room for concern about both the Muslim people of Dearborn and the aggressive bigots who destroyed their peaceful fair.

As opposed to the aggressive Muslim bigots who violently attacked them while shouting Allah Akbar?

Epps assumes that freedom of speech just empowers majorities to attack minorities. But Muslims are a global majority compared to Americans and the internet makes few distinctions between global Muslim hatred and local Muslim hatred. That's what enabled Anwar Al-Awlaki to do what he did. Muslim terrorists in the US are often the products of international Muslim hate speech.

When it comes to inciting hatred that leads to violence, the disproportionate share of it remains on the Muslim side. Despite the constant chatter about Islamophobia and blowback, thousands of Americans have been killed by Muslim hatred. The number of Muslims killed by Americans out of bigotry is so small that it has to be padded out by non-bigoted violence like the Chapel Hill shootings or hoax cases like Shaima Alawadi.

If freedom of speech empowers majorities at the expense of minorities, consider the Islamic alternative found throughout the Muslim world, in which speech critical of Islam is a crime while Islamic attacks on others cannot be challenged by non-Muslims.

Furthermore, the heckler's veto in the West has been exercised far more frequently by Muslims. Just ask a cartoonist.

The attacks on the First Amendment on behalf of Muslims attempt to impose a heckler's veto in the name of political correctness that is often indistinguishable from the one which Muslims impose by violence. If Epps thinks the First Amendment is such a burden, he should living without it in Pakistan or Iran.

What happened in Dearborn showed the danger of that kind of thinking. We've let Nazis march through Skokie and allowed Westboro's protesters to scream hate at the funerals of soldiers. Yet somehow Muslims are special. They deserve an exemption from American freedoms when no one else does. That's not protection. That's privilege.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 11:43:31 AM by objectivist1 »

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 09, 2015, 12:03:25 PM »

The UC Merced knife stabber  (Had he read Ben Carson's book?  evil) was a follower of Islam. He was also apparently on the Terror Watch List, and the college and local PD briefed about him. Notice that the media is not covering this story, even here in the Bay Area where Merced is just a couple of hours away.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/11/report-uc-merced-stabber-was-on-terror-watch-list-had-islamic-state-flag
PPulatie

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Islam in America, a son questions his father
« Reply #857 on: November 11, 2015, 10:44:30 AM »
Received in the email.  No offense intended!

A young Arab boy asks his father, "What is  that weird hat you are wearing?"

The father said, "Why, it's a 'chechia,' because in the desert it protects our heads from the intense heat of  the sun."

"And what is this type of clothing that you are wearing?" asked the young man.

"It's a 'djbellah' because in the desert it is very hot and it protects the body," said the  father.

The son asked, "And what about those ugly shoes on your feet?"

His father replied, "These are 'babouches," which keep us from burning our feet from hot sand in the desert."

"So tell me then," asked the boy...

"Yes, my son?"

"Why are you living in Dearborn Michigan, and still wearing all that [stuff]?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: November 11, 2015, 12:10:24 PM »
 :-D

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
VDH: Why do they want to come here?
« Reply #859 on: December 08, 2015, 07:21:45 AM »

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
The Farooks - The Modern Jihad Family...
« Reply #860 on: December 09, 2015, 06:17:42 AM »
MEET THE FAROOKS: THE MODERN JIHAD FAMILY

How did this anything-but-moderate family not attract any law enforcement attention?

December 9, 2015  Robert Spencer

When Syed Rizwan Farook and his wife Tashfeen Malik murdered fourteen people and wounded twenty-one at a holiday party in San Bernardino, California, Farook’s family, having lawyered up, instructed its legal representatives to tell the world how shocked – shocked! – they were by the massacre. However, just as Captain Renault is handed his winnings immediately after telling Rick Blaine of his shock that gambling was going on in Rick’s Café Americain, so also in this case did the family’s shock seem increasingly less genuine the more that became known about them.

Initially, however, the lie was fed easily to a credulous mainstream media. One of the Farook family lawyers, David Chesley, immediately found the nearest microphone and declared: “None of the family members had any idea that this was going to take place. They were totally shocked.”

Even in stories that reported this, however, the story started to unravel. No sooner had the Associated Press quoted Chesley that it noted that he and another Farook family lawyer, Mohammad Abuershaid, said that “Farook’s mother lived with the couple but she stayed upstairs and didn’t notice they had stockpiled 12 pipe bombs and well over 4,500 rounds of ammunition.”

Farook’s mother didn’t notice the twelve pipe bombs and well over 4,500 rounds of ammunition because she “stayed upstairs”? Was she an invalid, then, who never ventured downstairs at all? If so, why did the couple leave their six-month-old daughter in her care when they went off to shoot Infidels for Allah?

And now it has come out that Mom did venture downstairs now and again after all, and that her eye may indeed have caught the site of a stray pipe bomb or two. According to the Daily Mail, “FBI agents found an empty GoPro package, shooting targets and tools inside a car belonging to” Rafia Farook, Syed’s mother. Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik mounted GoPro cameras on their body armor before they began their jihad massacre; apparently, like other jihad killers before them, they hoped to cheer and encourage the faithful with scenes of the bloodbath. Authorities are investigating the possibility that Rafia Farook aided in the planning and preparation of the San Bernardino jihad massacre.

Rafia might have taken this car to meetings of the Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA), of which she was an active member. ICNA openly supports Sharia and the caliphate, and has links to the Muslim Brotherhood, as well as to the Pakistani jihad group Jamaat-e-Islami.

The family’s shock at the murders appears even more feigned in light of revelations from Syed Rizwan Farook’s father, who is also named Syed Farook. The elder Syed has characterized his ex-wife Rafia as “very religious,” like the killer, to whom he referred as Rizwan. “Rizwan was the mama’s boy,” he recounted, “and she is very religious like him. Once we had a dispute about the historical figure of Jesus, my son yelled that I was an unbeliever and decided that marriage with my wife had to end.” The son insisted on the divorce because he considered the father an “unbeliever.”

What’s more, old man Farook said that his son was an open supporter of the Islamic State, and, of course, hated Israel: “He said he shared the ideology of al-Baghdadi to create an Islamic state, and he was obsessed with Israel.” Moderate “unbeliever” Papa then told his son to bide his time since, in the immortal words of Tom Lehrer, everybody hated the Jews: “I kept telling him always: stay calm, be patient, in two years Israel will no longer exist. Geopolitics is changing: Russia, China, America too, nobody wants the Jews there.” Moderate!

So right in the heart of sunny Redlands, California, where Syed Rizwan and Tashfeen lived with their baby and Rafia (however safely ensconced upstairs, away from the pipe bombs, Grandma may have been), there was an open supporter of the Islamic State and an open supporter of the concept of the caliphate. Then we must not forget the winsome Tashfeen, who pledged allegiance to the Islamic State during the attack, was linked to a jihadi mosque in Pakistan, and who had become, in one of her teacher’s words, “a religious person” who often told people “to live according to the teachings of Islam.”

Despite all that and more, Tashfeen passed FBI and DHS background checks and was allowed to enter the United States. And as she and her loving hubby amassed pipe bombs and thousands of rounds of ammunition, authorities didn’t bat an eye. No report has indicated that they were ever questioned, or were under any kind of surveillance, or were on any watch list.

After all, they were just pious Muslims – and anyone who believes that pious Muslims who are assembling pipe bombs might be up to no good is a racist, bigoted Islamophobe, right? But now the Farooks, the modern jihad family, and the fourteen dead left in their wake, stand as a lesson as to how urgently our law enforcement and intelligence operations need to adopt a realistic approach to the jihad threat, and to discard today’s prevailing politically correct fantasies. But the dead bodies are going to have to be piled up much higher for that reform even to become a possibility.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: December 09, 2015, 07:23:00 AM »
Objectivist, in my view this validates what Trump is saying.   We cannot trust what some Muslims say.   They are not going to walk around with Jihadi stamped on their foreheads.

Of course every family member is going to act like they had no idea and are surprised.   Some of them may have genuinely been surprised but I don't believe all of them were.

Let Muslims who want to come to this country clean up their acts with their trouble makers.  Is there any other country in history that allows a group of people into their country who are devout enemies.  (except for modern Europe).

Yes I know the left's "kill them with kindness, peace, and love" and they will eventually become docile.

But that simply is not true.

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
Trump's statement re: Muslims...
« Reply #862 on: December 09, 2015, 07:32:57 AM »
I might add that for all the wailing and gnashing of teeth over Trump's "ban Muslims" comment, FDR (the Left's HERO)  did this with other groups, and we ended immigration ENTIRELY from 1929 - 1965.  So as usual, Trump is using his finely-honed negotiation skills to lead with the most outrageous proposal which he KNOWS will get massive airtime, and will flesh it out with details as time goes on.  What he is saying is essentially true.  Most of the media - including Fox News - is clueless, and screaming "unconstitutional," when Trump's proposal absolutely is NOT.

Funny how they only seem to be interested in issues of constitutionality when a presidential CANDIDATE is talking about an issue, but couldn't care less when a SITTING PRESIDENT violates the document on an almost daily basis.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: December 09, 2015, 07:46:37 AM »
In a similar vein, here is my FB post of this morning:

Some random thoughts this dawn:

I stand by my hard words about Donald Trump yesterday. Indeed I suspect will add heartily to them as I write this.

I'll begin by noting the spectacular hypocrisy, logical incoherence, cowardice, and Orwellian manipulations tumbled together in response to Trump.

Let's start with the great protestations about the Constitution. Why are not the media discussing that the President, the front runner for the Dem nomination, and pretty much the entire Dem party are making a major campaign issue out of trying to make taking away a fundamental Constitutional right of about 375,000 Americans WITHOUT DUE PROCESS?

Before reading any further, how many of you can recognize what issue I am discussing?

I'll tell you.

It is the effort to deny the Second Amendment rights of those Americans on the No Fly list WITHOUT DUE PROCESS. People are put on the list by bureaucratic whim and impulse according to vague and intuitive criteria. This passes constitutional muster because there is no constitutional right to fly on a commercial airplane.

However, what is not widely known is that there are about 800,000 people on the list and I am seeing that pretty consistently across the spectrum among the articles covering the point that about 3/8 (for those of you educated by Common Core that would be 37.5%) of them don't belong there.

A few examples to make the point: Sen. Ted Kennedy was put on the list So was Cong. John Lewis (D). Of course they were promptly removed. FOX reporter Steve Hayes (spare me the anti-FOX snark, SH is an outstanding and very serious reporter) was put on it because he bought a one way ticket to Turkey where he got on a cruise ship. He spent months trying to get off it and was still there until anchor Brett Baier spoke to DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson ON THE AIR about his case.

What about mere mortals without the resources to fight the bureaucracy to get off the list? The Supreme Court has held that our Second Amendment rights are FUNDAMENTAL rights (the term "fundamental" is a strong term here of great legal import) yet the President, the front runner for the Dem nomination, and pretty much the entire Dem party are perfectly willing to take them away WITHOUT DUE PROCESS , , , and no one seems to give a flying fornication.

Why is this?

Add to this that the ideological constructs and propaganda of the President and his fellow progressives target the Tea Party, fundamental Christians, pro-Lifers as dangerous as Jihadis.

This sort of thing badly damages the bonds between a free people and its government.

Next point. Words have consequences. Note the rampant use of the word "ban" by our Pravdas. Trump has not called for "banning Muslims". He has called for a MORATORIUM on all foreign Muslims entering the US "until we figure things out". Yes this too is really stupid, but it is NOT the same thing.

Indeed given the significant presence of Jihadi beliefs among Muslims (I consistently see the number of around 10% world wide, with MUCH, MUCH higher in certain regions) and that there are about 1.4 billion Muslims world-wide that makes for about 140,000,000 radicalized Muslims around the world who it may be plausibly inferred may well support jihadis going operational in their midst-- witness the family of the San Bernardino assassins. Given the nature of "fourth generation war" and the havoc that a handful of people can now create, THIS IS A REAL FG SERIOUS PROBLEM and it is not unreasonable to think that this takes us from this being a matter of a criminal law state of mind to a state of war frame of mind.

Unfortunately we are led by a Commander in Chief (and the Dem Party seeks to replace him with the same) who has sedulously done everything he can to enable illegal immigration of many millions of people. Even as he takes the State of Arizona all the way to the Supreme Court to block it from enforcing FEDERAL law, supported by Hillary and the rest of the Dems, he supports sanctuary cities such as San Francisco. Together (via Sen. Harry Reid's filibuster) they block such simple common sense bills as the proposed "Kate's Law" which would imprison repeatedly deported violent felons to jail such as the one who killed that woman in San Francisco earlier this year. What kind of deranged excrement is this?!? What kind of trust can we have for a President who 23 times said he did not have the power to give amnesty to some 11 million illegals here in the US and then turns around and purports to do so via Executive Order? And then tops it off by illegally granting benefits too?!? Where is the rule of law in this?!?

Add in his shenanigans to give sanctuary to waves of children to travel from Central America and illegally enter the US (which fell off the radar screen of most of us here I'm guessing) and it is no surprise that Trump supporters have lost faith in the integrity of the President and the rest of the Washington Cartel and are willing to embrace Trump's syllogism of "Let's have a moratorium until we sort this out."

Yes, yes, Trump has gone stupid , , , again , , , (or worse? see https://www.commentarymagazine.com/…/many-times-donald-tru…/ -- and combine this with his musings of yesterday about doing a Ross Perot ) but I encourage those hyperventilating in this moment to consider the contributions of the President, Hillary, and the rest of the Dems to creating the environment in which this stupidity flourishes.

So, what to do? I saw Sen. Marco Rubio say something yesterday that made sense to me. I paraphrase but what I took away is this "Only let in people we can properly vet."

How simple! Yes, the devil will be in the details but note how precisely it covers the problem without the blunderbuss stupidity of Trump's formulation which would make it so difficult for Muslims around the world who do stand up in the war with the fascism in their midst to continue to stand with the US.

I'll give you three examples of such people: India's head of intelligence is a Muslim. How would he feel about needing special dispensation to get into the US for meetings? What about the King of Jordan? What about General Al-Sisi of Egypt who has spoken so bravely to the big Muslim theology university of Muslim world wide repute?

And what of the feelings of American Muslims in our midst who for reasons of their own personal safety work anonymously to us helping our authorities keep track of the Islamo Fascists in our midst? Until the fool mayor of NYC Di Blasio shut it down, the NYPD quietly had a very good program of monitoring certain mosques of jihadi tendency. Who do you think the undercover officers were? They were Muslims, so they knew how to blend in.

Anyway, just some thoughts to kick off this day.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: December 09, 2015, 08:03:39 AM »
"Funny how they only seem to be interested in issues of constitutionality..... "

Yes I noticed the left's use of "Constitutional rights" only when it is PC and when not it becomes an antiquated living and breathing document that needs to be ignored or changed.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: December 10, 2015, 01:44:42 AM »
"Funny how they only seem to be interested in issues of constitutionality..... "

Yes I noticed the left's use of "Constitutional rights" only when it is PC and when not it becomes an antiquated living and breathing document that needs to be ignored or changed.

The left wants the constitution to be a living, breathing document because they are working to kill it.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
New Duranty Times infographic corrected
« Reply #867 on: December 10, 2015, 09:46:47 AM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Green Beret on Trump's moratorium
« Reply #870 on: December 11, 2015, 01:55:56 PM »

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: December 11, 2015, 06:44:57 PM »
It is getting worse in Missouri.

6 Walmarts with multiple cell phone purchases. Now, thefts of large numbers of propane tanks.

Wonder what they can be used for?  Many a big bar-be-que?
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/12/mo-alert-6-missouri-walmarts-now-report-bulk-cell-phone-purchases-dozens-of-propane-tanks-stolen-in-kc/
PPulatie

DDF

« Reply #872 on: December 11, 2015, 07:45:56 PM »
It is getting worse in Missouri.

6 Walmarts with multiple cell phone purchases. Now, thefts of large numbers of propane tanks.

Wonder what they can be used for?  Many a big bar-be-que?
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/12/mo-alert-6-missouri-walmarts-now-report-bulk-cell-phone-purchases-dozens-of-propane-tanks-stolen-in-kc/

What can they be used for you ask?

Barrack's excuse to implement martial law. That's what they'll be used for.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
The FBI’s problem with Muslim leaders
« Reply #875 on: December 16, 2015, 01:39:59 PM »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/dec/15/ronald-kessler-the-fbis-problem-with-muslim-leader/?page=all#pagebreak

The FBI’s problem with Muslim leaders
The imams are afraid to condemn terrorism

RONALD KESSLER: The FBI's problem with Muslim leaders
Federal appeals court voids ruling against D.C.'s restrictive concealed-carry gun law
BEST OF TWT VIDEO

Illustration on the difficulties of Muslim community cooperation against terrorism by Alexander Hunter/The Washington Times
Illustration on the difficulties of Muslim community cooperation against terrorism by Alexander Hunter/The Washington Times more >
By Ronald Kessler - - Tuesday, December 15, 2015
As we all know, the vast majority of Muslims are peace-loving. We all have Muslim friends or co-workers who are admirable people. And a handful of terrorist plots have been rolled up by the FBI based on tips from Muslims.

But what the FBI finds disturbing is that Muslim leaders by and large are reluctant to cooperate with the FBI to let the bureau know of radicals within their midst. The FBI is not about to publicize this. But for my book “The Secrets of the FBI,” Arthur M. “Art” Cummings II, who was the FBI’s executive assistant director in charge of counterterrorism and national security investigations, opened up about the problem.

The FBI has outreach programs to try to develop sources in the Muslim community and solicit tips, but Mr. Cummings found little receptivity. He found that while Muslims have brought some cases to the FBI, Muslim leaders in particular are often in denial about the fact that the terrorists who threaten the United States are Muslims.

“I had this discussion with the director of a very prominent Muslim organization here in D.C.,” Mr. Cummings told me. “And he said, ‘Why are you guys always looking at the Muslim community?’ “

Mr. Cummings began laughing.

“OK, you know what I’ll do?” Mr. Cummings said. “I’ll start an Irish squad, or how about a Japanese squad? You want me to waste my time and your taxpayer’s dollars going to look at the Irish? They’re not killing Americans. Right now, I’m going to put my money and my people in a place where the threat is.”

Then Mr. Cummings told him to take a look at the cells the FBI had rolled up in the United States

“I can name the homegrown cells, all of whom are Muslim, all of whom were seeking to murder Americans,” Mr. Cummings said. “It’s not the Irish, it’s not the French, it’s not the Catholics, it’s not the Protestants, it’s the Muslims.”

In response to such points, Muslim groups have told him he is rough around the edges.

“I’m not rough around the edges,” Mr. Cummings has told them. “You’re just not used to straight talk.”

Mr. Cummings found they respond by getting angry at him.

While Muslims will occasionally condemn al Qaeda, “rarely do we have them coming to us and saying, ‘There are three guys in the community that we’re very concerned about,’” Mr. Cummings said. “They want to fix it inside the community. They’re a closed group, a very, very closed group. It’s part of their culture that they want to settle the problem within their own communities. They’ve actually said that to us, which I then go crazy over.”

On one hand, “They don’t want anyone to know they have extremists in their community,” Mr. Cummings observed. “Well, beautiful. Except do you read the newspapers? Everyone already knows it. That horse has left the barn. So there’s a lot of talk about engagement, but realistically, we’ve got a long, long way to go.”

At one meeting, a Muslim group suggested having a photo taken of their members with then-FBI Director Robert S. Mueller III to show their community isn’t a bunch of terrorists and that they are partners in the war on terror.

Mr. Cummings responded, “Let me make a suggestion: When you bring to my attention real extremists who are here to plan and do something, who are here supporting terrorism, and I work that based on your information, then I promise you, I will have the director stand up on the stage with you.”

To Mr. Cummings‘ amazement, the answer was: “That could never happen. We would lose our constituency. We could never admit to bringing someone to the FBI.”

“Well, we’ve just defined the problem, haven’t we?” Mr. Cummings told them.

After September 11, according to Mr. Cummings, imams in as many as 10 percent of the 2,000 mosques in the U.S. preached jihad and hatred of America. In a 2011 Pew Research Center poll, 7 percent of American Muslims said suicide bombings against civilian targets are sometimes justified to defend Islam. But in more recent years, “Preaching jihad and hatred of the U.S. overtly has become more unusual and happens more in private,” Mr. Cummings said. Instead, “Radicalization on the Internet has risen to fill the void.”

“If you look at the websites of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, the Muslim Public Affairs Council, or the Arab-American Anti-Discrimination Committee, you see a passive, almost obligatory approach to condemning terrorism,” Mr. Cummings said. “The most prominent crisis for the Arab and Muslim communities is this perception that they’re terrorists, when only a small fraction of them are. Why wouldn’t you have a very loud, active program that says murder of anyone is immoral, illegal and not consistent with Islam, and anyone who supports terrorism or harbors a terrorist is a problem?”

FBI cases in such places as Atlanta, Lackawanna, N.Y., and Lodi, Calif., began with tips provided by individual Muslims. “But I don’t see the community doing that,” Mr. Cummings said.

While many Muslim leaders may be afraid to take on radical Islam publicly, providing tips confidentially to the FBI is another matter. And that is what the FBI needs to develop leads and roll up plots such as the massacre in San Bernardino and possible weapons of mass destruction attacks that could kill millions of Americans.

“I talked to a very prominent imam in the U.S.,” Mr. Cummings said. “We would have our sweets and our sweet tea. We would talk a lot about Islam. I would say we understand Islam and where they’re coming from. We’d tell him what our mission is, trying to keep people from murdering Americans or anybody else, for that matter.”

Months later, the FBI found out that the man’s mosque had two extremists who were so radical that they kicked them out. Clearly, those two extremists would have been of interest to the FBI. If they only engaged in anti-American rhetoric, the FBI would have left them alone. More likely they were planning action to go with their rhetoric.

Mr. Cummings asked the imam, “What happened?”

“What do you mean?” the imam asked.

“Why didn’t you tell me about this?” the agent said.

“Why would I tell you about this?” the imam said. “They’re not terrorists,” he said of the radicals. “They just hate the U.S. government.”

• Ronald Kessler, a former Washington Post and Wall Street Journal investigative reporter, is the author of “The Secrets of the FBI” (Crown Forum, 2012).

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
Raymond Ibrahim: The Root Cause of Islamic Terrorism in the West...
« Reply #876 on: December 18, 2015, 08:14:47 PM »
Islamic Jihad: Symptom of a Western Cause

By Raymond Ibrahim - December 18, 2015

As someone specializing in Islamic jihadism, one would expect I’d have much to say immediately after jihadi attacks of the sort that recently occurred in San Bernardino, or Paris, or Mali, where a total of about 180 dead.  Ironically, I don’t: such attacks are ultimately symptoms of what I do deem worthy of talk, namely, root causes.  (What can one add when a symptom of the root cause he has long warned against occurs other than “told you so”?)

So what is the root cause of jihadi attacks?  Many think that the ultimate source of the ongoing terrorization of the West is Islam.  Yet this notion has one problem: the Muslim world is immensely weak and intrinsically incapable of being a threat.  That every Islamic assault on the West is a terrorist attack—and terrorism, as is known, is the weapon of the weak—speaks for itself.

This was not always the case.  For approximately one thousand years, the Islamic world was the scourge of the West.  Today’s history books may refer to those who terrorized Christian Europe as Arabs, Saracens, Moors, Ottomans, Turks, Mongols, or Tatars[1]—but all were operating under the same banner of jihad that the Islamic State is operating under.

No, today, the ultimate enemy is within.  The root cause behind the nonstop Muslim terrorization of the West is found in those who stifle or whitewash all talk and examination of Muslim doctrine and history; who welcome hundreds of thousands of Muslim migrants while knowing that some are jihadi operatives and many are simply “radical”; who work to overthrow secular Arab dictators in the name of “democracy” and “freedom,” only to uncork the jihad suppressed by the autocrats (the Islamic State’s territory consists of lands that were “liberated” in Iraq, Libya, and Syria by the U.S. and its allies).

So are Western leaders and politicians the root cause behind the Islamic terrorization of the West?

Close—but still not there yet.

Far from being limited to a number of elitist leaders and institutions, the Western empowerment of the jihad is the natural outcome of postmodern thinking—the real reason an innately weak Islam can be a source of repeated woes for a militarily and economically superior West.

Remember, the reason people like French President Francois Hollande, U.S. President Barack Hussein Obama, and German Chancellor Angela Merkel are in power—three prominent Western leaders who insist that Islam is innocent of violence and who push for Muslim immigration—is because they embody a worldview that is normative in the West.

In this context, the facilitation of jihadi terror is less a top down imposition and more a grass root product of decades of erroneous, but unquestioned, thinking.  (Those who believe America’s problems begin and end with Obama would do well to remember that he did not come to power through a coup but that he was voted in—twice.  This indicates that Obama and the majority of voting Americans have a shared, and erroneous, worldview.  He may be cynically exploiting this worldview, but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s because this warped worldview is mainstream that he can exploit it in the first place.)

Western empowerment of the jihad is rooted in a number of philosophies that have metastasized into every corner of social life, becoming cornerstones of postmodern epistemology.  These include the doctrines of relativism and multiculturalism on the one hand, and anti-Western, anti-Christian sentiment on the other.

Taken together, these cornerstones of postmodern, post-Christian thinking hold that there are no absolute truths and thus all cultures are fundamentally equal and deserving of respect.  If any Western person wants to criticize a civilization or religion, then let them look “inwardly” and acknowledge their European Christian heritage as the epitome of intolerance and imperialism.

Add to these a number of sappy and silly ideals—truth can never be uttered because it might “hurt the feelings” of some (excluding white Christians who are free game), and if anything, the West should go out of its way to make up for its supposedly historic “sins” by appeasing Muslims until they “like us”—and you have a sure recipe for disaster, that is, the current state of affairs.

Western people are bombarded with these aforementioned “truths” from the cradle to the grave—from kindergarten to university, from Hollywood to the news rooms, and now even in churches—so that they are unable to accept and act on a simple truism that their ancestors well knew: Islam is an inherently violent and intolerant creed that cannot coexist with non-Islam (except insincerely, in times of weakness).

The essence of all this came out clearly when Obama, in order to rationalize away the inhuman atrocities of the Islamic State, counseled Americans to get off their “high horse” and remember that their Christian ancestors have been guilty of similar if not worse atrocities.  That he had to go back almost a thousand years for examples by referencing the crusades and inquisition—both of which have been completely distorted by the warped postmodern worldview, including by portraying imperialist Muslims as victims—did not matter to America’s leader.

Worse, it did not matter to most Americans.  The greater lesson was not that Obama whitewashed modern Islamic atrocities by misrepresenting and demonizing Christian history, but that he was merely reaffirming the mainstream narrative that Americans have been indoctrinated into believing.  And thus, aside from the usual ephemeral and meaningless grumblings, his words—as with many of his pro-Islamic, anti-Christian comments and policies—passed along without consequence.

—–

Once upon a time, the Islamic world was a super power and its jihad an irresistible force to be reckoned with.   Over two centuries ago, however, a rising Europe—which had experienced over one millennium of jihadi conquests and atrocities—defeated and defanged Islam.

As Islam retreated into obscurity, the post-Christian West slowly came into being.  Islam didn’t change, but the West did: Muslims still venerate their heritage and religion—which impels them to jihad against the Western “infidel”—whereas the West learned to despise its heritage and religion, causing it to be an unwitting ally of the jihad.

Hence the current situation: the jihad is back in full vigor, while the West—not just its leaders, but much of the populace—facilitates it in varying degrees.  Nor is this situation easily remedied.  For to accept that Islam is inherently violent and intolerant is to reject a number of cornerstones of postmodern Western thinking that far transcend the question of Islam. In this context, nothing short of an intellectual/cultural revolution—where rational thinking becomes mainstream—will allow the West to confront Islam head on.

But there is some good news.  With every Islamic attack, the eyes of more and more Western people are opened to the true nature of Muhammad’s religion.  That this is happening despite generations of pro-Islamic indoctrination in the West is a testimony to the growing brazenness of the jihad.

Yet it still remains unclear whether objective thinking will eventually overthrow the current narrative of relativism, anti-Westernism, and asinine emotionalism.

Simply put, celebrating multiculturalism and defeating the jihad is impossible.

However, if such a revolution ever does take place, the Islamic jihad will be easily swept back into the dustbin of history.  For the fact remains: Islam is terrorizing the world, not because it can, but because the West allows it to.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: December 18, 2015, 09:45:29 PM »
I enjoyed that piece.

ya

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: December 19, 2015, 05:43:38 AM »
I noticed this thread started in 2006, at that time we were pampering CAIR, muslim taxicab drivers were refusing to carry alcohol. Today, 9 years later with Trump raising the issue front and center, the pendulum might just start to swing the other way. This might be an important inflexion point. Another 9 years will tell the story.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: December 19, 2015, 08:38:03 AM »
To be fervently desired, and for those of us so inclined, to pray for.

If so, I like to think our collective efforts here, of which I am quite proud, have contributed. 

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
POTH: Islam in Chattanooga TN
« Reply #880 on: December 23, 2015, 08:46:09 AM »
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — Bassam Issa stepped in front of a crowded classroom of students this month at Southern Adventist University, a Christian college near here, for a presentation on being Muslim in Chattanooga — recently named America’s most “Bible-minded city.”
From Our Advertisers

Mr. Issa, a real estate developer and the president of his local mosque, was struggling with how to attack the assumption that Islam gives rise to terrorism. He knew that the association was strong: Only last July, here in Chattanooga, four Marines and a sailor were killed in a terrorist rampage by a young Muslim man who grew up in the community. Many people here now speak of that day, July 16, as “7/16,” an echo of “9/11.”

And just a week before Mr. Issa’s visit to the college, there had been another attack, when a married Muslim couple killed 14 people and wounded 22 in San Bernardino, Calif.

“Every time something like this happens, we have national news media, local news asking us, what do we think?” Mr. Issa said.
Photo

Bassam Issa, right, the president of the Islamic Society of Greater Chattanooga, and other members of the group after a recent Friday Prayer. “What’s happening right now is not religious, even though ISIS and Al Qaeda are covered as a religious thing,” Mr. Issa said of terrorist attacks. “In reality, it’s political.” Credit Joe Buglewicz for The New York Times

President Obama recently challenged Muslims to speak out against extremism and build closer ties to know their non-Muslim neighbors. Aware of this, and compelled by the rise of both the Islamic State and anti-Muslim sentiment, many American Muslims here and across the country are now saying it is no longer enough to denounce terrorism and assert that Islam is a religion of peace.

Instead, no matter how exasperated they may privately feel, some Muslims are beginning to publicly confront the uncomfortable questions that non-Muslims have about Islam and violence, and trying to provide answers, both through words and through the example of how they live their lives.
Continue reading the main story
Related Coverage

Friday prayers at the Dar Al-Hijrah Mosque in Falls Church, Va., this month.
    American Muslims Under Attack After San Bernardino and Paris TerrorDEC. 22, 2015
    Friday Prayer at Dar al-Hijrah Mosque in Falls Church, Va., was attended by Representative Don Beyer Jr. and other elected officials as a show of solidarity.
    The Backlash: Muslims in America Condemn Extremists and Fear Anew for Their LivesDEC. 4, 2015

Here in the classroom, Mr. Issa told students to look beyond Islam to the deeper and more universal causes of violence. “What’s happening right now is not religious, even though ISIS and Al Qaeda are covered as a religious thing,” he said. “In reality, it’s political.”

Mr. Issa also spoke this month at the downtown public library with Boyd Patterson, an assistant district attorney, who self-published a book compiling verses in the Quran that could be used by extremists to justify violence and terrorism. The two held a forthright discussion about those verses, and why most Muslims do not read them as justification for terrorism because, Mr. Issa said, they were written in a very different historical context, when Islam was an upstart faith challenging the status quo, and are primarily prescriptions for self-defense — not justifications for terrorism.

Dr. Mohsin Ali, a child psychiatrist who has worked in the area for 10 years, said he, too, had tried to tackle questions about what Islam teaches head-on, with Muslims, non-Muslims and others.

“We can’t ignore the fact that violent extremists use an interpretation of the very same books and texts that we use,” Dr. Ali said in an interview at a coffee shop near the clinic where he treats low-income patients. “I feel like the Muslim community does need to do more. We had a shooter from our mosque do this.”
Photo
Dr. Mohsin Ali, a member of the Islamic Society of Greater Chattanooga, offered group counseling after the shooting. Credit Joe Buglewicz for The New York Times

Advertisement

Advertisement

On the morning of the shooting, the last day locally of the Muslim holiday of Ramadan, Mohammod Youssuf Abdulazeez, 24, drove a rented silver Mustang convertible up to an armed forces recruiting center in a strip mall and fired several rounds, wounding a Marine recruiter. He then drove to a Navy and Marine Corps reserve center where he shot his way into the building, armed with an assault rifle and a handgun. Minutes later, the police fatally shot him.

Details soon surfaced about Mr. Abdulazeez’s troubled path since he graduated from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga: He had been treated for depression; was awaiting trial on a drunken-driving charge; had lost a job, reportedly because he did not pass a drug test; and was thousands of dollars in debt.

Investigators found that he had viewed extremist videos and that in the days before the attack, he searched the Internet to learn whether martyrdom would allow him to be forgiven for his sins.

On Wednesday, the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, said the bureau had determined that Mr. Abdulazeez “was inspired by a foreign terrorist organization’s propaganda,” a determination that prompted the Navy to announce that it would award the Purple Heart posthumously to the five military members who were killed.

But the mayor, Andy Berke, and the police chief in Chattanooga, Fred Fletcher, say the response from the city’s tiny Muslim minority helped defuse what was a highly incendiary situation in a Southern city of 175,000 where guns and military members are revered.

The effort started right away. At a memorial service at Olivet Baptist Church for the slain military members the day after the 7/16 attack, Dr. Ali told the crowd that he and other Muslims in Chattanooga were grieving with the rest of the city. Then he asked the Muslims in attendance to stand as a sign of their allegiance to Chattanooga and to peace, and when the dozens of Muslims in attendance did so, the audience applauded loudly.
Photo
Iman Ali, center, studying with friends at a coffee shop in Chattanooga. For local Muslim children, she said, one result of July's shootings has been “the fear of being feared.” Credit Joe Buglewicz for The New York Times
Recent Comments
PTB 17 minutes ago

Tha Muslim holy book as well as the Bible honor Jesus. What is lacking is real, serious faith … conviction that Jesus really covered the...
Carol 17 minutes ago

Thank you for your positive writing. Everyone should read "Infidel" by Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a Muslim woman who shares her life story and her...
Hempy 18 minutes ago

What is disturbing to me about Islam is that while it is claimed that Islam is a religion of peace, I don't hear any explanations or citing...

See All Comments Write a comment

Dr. Ali said in an interview later that the message he wanted to deliver was, “Count us amongst the mourners, not the perpetrators.” His daughter, Iman Ali, who is 16, said the service was “one of the most beautiful experiences I’ve ever had.”

“People were coming up to me and hugging me who I didn’t even know,” she said. “It made me hopeful.”

There have been setbacks. Later that summer, while Iman was a volunteer intern at a local hospital, a fellow intern who learned that she is Muslim told Iman to her face that she was scared of her. One result of 7/16 for local Muslim children, Iman said, has been “the fear of being feared.”

But Muslims and non-Muslims say the effort to build relationships continues to bear fruit: Five months after the shooting, Chief Fletcher and Mr. Issa said, there have been no acts of retribution, no vandalism, no religiously motivated threats reported.

It is now well known around town that the Islamic Society of Greater Chattanooga, of which Mr. Issa is president of the board, took up a collection and donated more than $20,000 to the fund for the families of the victims of the 7/16 attack. The Firebox Grill, a restaurant owned by members of the Issa family, for months gave free meals to any customers in uniform.

At the recruiting center that was the first target of Mr. Abdulazeez’s rampage, the shattered glass has been repaired and the recruiters who took cover during the attack are back at work. Sgt. First Class Robert Dodge, the recruiting center leader, said in an interview in his office that he now believed that the gunman was a troubled person who saw the attack “as a means to an end, by suicide.”

Sergeant Dodge said he bore no animus toward Islam or Muslims. “Muslim Americans really stepped up and showed their positive support for this community,” said the sergeant, who is 36 and served four tours of duty in Iraq.

Outside, a memorial for the five fallen service members includes a plaque that testifies to how the city responded: “We did not riot. We prayed. We did not lash out at easy targets for revenge. Instead, we invited each other into our lives, homes and places of worship.”

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: December 23, 2015, 02:14:59 PM »
 :roll:

Muslim leaders worry about backlash from tomorrow's terror attack.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
CAIR at Baraq's SOTU
« Reply #884 on: January 13, 2016, 12:53:36 PM »
DNC Chair Dismisses Questions About CAIR Invites to Obama Speech
IPT News
January 13, 2016
http://www.investigativeproject.org/5127/dnc-chair-dismisses-questions-about-cair-invites

In an interview Tuesday night, Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman-Schultz refused to address questions about the wisdom of her Democratic colleagues inviting two officials from the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) to the State of the Union address.

As we reported Monday, Democrats Alcee Hastings of Florida and California's Zoe Lofgren invited CAIR officials to the speech in response to a call from Wasserman-Schultz and Rep. Keith Ellison. It was a symbolic response to what they see as overheated rhetoric toward Muslim Americans in the ongoing presidential campaigns.

By embracing CAIR, the representatives did something the FBI proscribes for its agents. Internal documents seized by the FBI show CAIR was founded as part of a U.S.-based Hamas support network. CAIR founder Omar Ahmad was a leader of that network, called the Palestine Committee. Nihad Awad, the only executive director in CAIR's 21-year-history, also was part of the group and participated in a secret meeting of Hamas supporters in 1993 aimed at derailing the U.S.-led Oslo Accords which sought to bring peace to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

The Palestine Committee opposed the effort because it included recognition of Israel's right to exist, and because it empowered the secular Palestine Liberation Organization over the Islamist Hamas terrorist group.

On Fox News after the speech Tuesday night, host Megyn Kelly asked Wasserman-Schultz whether the invitation to the CAIR officials was a mistake, noting "President Obama's DOJ says they're directly linked to Hamas, which we recognize is a terrorist group."

"Megyn, now who's talking about something that's disappointing?" Wasserman-Schultz asked. She never addressed the question about CAIR's sordid history.

For merely engaging in journalism by asking the question, Media Matters for America writes that Kelly "attacks" the DNC chair.

That is absurd.

Here's what an FBI assistant director wrote in 2009, explaining why the agency broke off "all formal outreach activities with CAIR": "ntil we can resolve whether there continues to be a connection between CAIR or its executives and HAMAS, the FBI does not view CAIR as an appropriate liaison partner."
The policy remains in effect seven years later.

Wasserman-Schultz either doesn't believe the FBI or doesn't care what evidence it has to support its policy. That's disturbing for someone in a leadership position. But she also does a broader disservice by casting CAIR as the voice of Muslim Americans when, in reality, most want nothing to do with the Islamist group.

A 2011 poll from the by Abu Dhabi Gallup Center in the United Arab Emirates found 11 percent of women and 12 percent of men believed CAIR represented their interests.

On top of CAIR's documented ties to Hamas and a terror-financing network, the group reflexively opposes terror support and financing prosecutions,  accuses federal law enforcement of entrapping otherwise innocent and peaceful Muslims in order to gin up terrorism prosecutions and of using excessive force with Muslim suspects.

As we noted Monday, inviting Muslim Americans to the speech is not the problem. But if the objective was to show there's a monolithic community of liberty-minded Muslims with no skeletons, including CAIR representatives is ignorant and counter-productive. The same is true for New Jersey U.S. Sen. Cory Booker, who invited the treasurer of a group which wants the Muslim Brotherhood back in power in Egypt. Last month, the White House hosted a CAIR official who is helping a family sue the FBI, alleging an agent unjustly shot and killed a friend of Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev after hours of questioning in his Orlando home in 2013.

Meanwhile, reform-minded Muslims who unequivocally reject "interpretations of Islam that call for any violence, social injustice and politicized Islam" and advocate "equal rights and dignity for all people, including minorities," and women were shut out of the Democrats' invite-a-Muslim program.

Maybe a House Democrat should stand up and challenge colleagues to empower those free-thinking Muslims by giving them a seat at the table, too.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Holocaust survivors
« Reply #886 on: January 29, 2016, 02:39:32 PM »
I appreciate their opinions but their arguments are false arguments.  I would believe they ARE ALL Democrats.  Comparing what Trump says about Muslims is not the same as what  Hilter said of Jews. Furthermore, a subset of Jews were not running around Germany or Europe hell bent on terrorizing and killing Germans like a subset of Muslims are hell bent on killing Americans And Jews.  Trump has not been calling to discriminate but just to limit temporarily importing them.

As far as registering them, am not sure.  How often do we get asked our religion our race our ethnicity?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/in-the-age-of-trump-grim-warnings-from-holocaust-survivors/2016/01/27/c65ea38c-c549-11e5-8965-0607e0e265ce_story.html
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 04:33:37 PM by ccp »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Holocaust survivors
« Reply #887 on: January 29, 2016, 03:39:30 PM »
Hitler analogies are easy to make and almost never appropriate since the compared party has rarely murdered 6 million Jews.

Mentioned previously, my Dad was present at the holocaust liberation, FWIW.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buchenwald_concentration_camp
God Bless these people if they are Holocaust survivors, but Trump and Cruz bear no resemblance to Hitler nor are they likely to mass murder Jews or Muslims.

We don't have open hostility to Muslims in this country, and how crass to say that we do while Muslim countries are openly murdering Jews and Christians.

We have every right to demand scrutiny of new arrivals during this time where they have declared war on us.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: January 29, 2016, 04:35:40 PM »
Agree Doug.

"my Dad was present at the holocaust liberation, FWIW"

Wow.  would you share a bit more details . I am in awe of WW2 stories.

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
Why Sensible People Are Bothered When Women Wear Hijabs...
« Reply #889 on: February 18, 2016, 08:28:26 AM »
Why Sensible People Are Bothered When Women Wear Hijabs

Thursday - www.citizenwarrior.com

There are Muslim women all over the world who don't wear a hijab, yet consider themselves Muslim. But the doctrine says a believing woman should cover herself.

So when Muslim women begin to cover themselves, it is a visible signal of increasing orthodoxy. In other words, if there are Muslims in your area, and the women start covering themselves, it is an indication that the Muslims in your area are beginning to take the written doctrine more seriously.

And it is never just that particular written doctrine only — it is all the written doctrine, which includes hatred toward non-Muslims, political action to put the reins of power in Muslim hands, increasing demands for Islamic standards of dress, behavior, Islamic limits on free speech, etc. Because of the political nature of Islamic doctrine, these Islamic standards are not to be only applied to Muslims; as Muslims gain political power, those standards are to be applied to everyone.

Already in some parts of European countries where there is a high Muslim percentage, non-Muslim women are harassed (or worse) if they don't cover themselves.

Many of the signs of increasing devotion to Islamic ideals cannot be seen by non-Muslims. But the hijab can be seen by everyone.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 18, 2016, 11:34:54 AM »
Exactly so.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Islam in Chicago
« Reply #892 on: March 07, 2016, 11:30:42 AM »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Average Mohammed
« Reply #893 on: March 07, 2016, 02:08:06 PM »
http://www.clarionproject.org/news/average-mohammed-cartoons-fight-radicalization-us

What is it about Islam that makes it so easy for young Muslims to be radicalized? Why don't we see this with other belief systems?

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Islamic "radicalization"...
« Reply #894 on: March 07, 2016, 03:48:53 PM »
The reason, GM, is that the whole notion of "radicalization" is nonsense to begin with.  The violent elements of Islam are explicitly taught in the Koran and Hadith.  They are integral to the faith.  To the extent that there are Muslims who do not believe in, or act upon these violent precepts of the religion, those Muslims are either ignorant of them, or are choosing to ignore them.  Authentic, orthodox Islam is inherently violent, repressive, and expansionistic.  It tolerates no other belief system.  It recognizes no inherent human rights.  It is a comprehensive totalitarian world-view and political system.  Therefore - whenever anyone chooses to study Islam and follow its teachings more closely, i.e., become "more devout,"  by definition they adopt this predator mindset toward all non-Muslims.  No other "religion" incorporates these totalitarian fundamentals.

To phrase it more simply - while there are certainly peaceful people who call themselves Muslim, there IS NO PEACEFUL ISLAM.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 05:23:34 PM by objectivist1 »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Islamist activist asks Obama to support Libyan AQ group
« Reply #895 on: March 18, 2016, 08:59:17 AM »
Islamist Activist Asks Obama to Support Libyan AQ Group
by John Rossomando
IPT News
March 18, 2016
http://www.investigativeproject.org/5217/islamist-activist-asks-obama-to-support-libyan-aq

The revelation of his praise for Palestinians who chose "the jihad way" to liberation forced northern Virginia surgeon Esam Omeish to resign from a statewide immigration commission in 2007. But it hasn't stopped him from enjoying red carpet treatment from Obama administration officials.  Omeish briefly drew national attention in 2007 when he was forced to resign from the Virginia immigration panel. The move resulted from Investigative Project on Terrorism (IPT) video showing him praising for Palestinians who chose the "jihad way" during a rally in 2000.

This was no slip of the tongue. At a different event two months earlier, Omeish congratulated Palestinians who gave "up their lives for the sake of Allah and for the sake of Al-Aqsa. They have spearheaded the effort to bring victory upon the believers in Filastin, insha'allah [God willing]. They are spearing the effort to free the land of Filastin, all of Palestine, for the Muslims and for all the believing people in Allah."

Nonetheless, high-ranking Obama administration officials engaged with him despite this and his praise for Hamas founder Sheikh Ahmed Yassin. They consulted with him on Libya and included him in other events aimed at engagement with the Muslim community and countering violent extremism.
Now, Omeish is hoping those contacts will help him persuade U.S. officials to change gears in Libya, shifting support from a secular political figure to one with links to al-Qaida. He spelled out those ambitions in a Feb. 29 letter addressed to President Obama posted on Omeish's Facebook page.

It is co-signed by Emadeddin Z. Muntasser, secretary general of the Libyan American Public Affairs Council (LAPAC). Omeish is identified as the LAPAC president.  Before he was affiliated with the LAPAC, Muntasser was convicted in 2008 of failing to disclose connections between a charity he worked with and jihadist fundraising when he sought tax-exempt status for the charity.  Muntasser ran the Boston branch of the Al-Kifah Refugee Center, which is considered a precursor to al-Qaida, federal prosecutors have said. It was founded by Osama bin Laden's mentor Abdullah Azzam. Under Muntasser's leadership, Al-Kifah's Boston office published a pro-jihad newsletter called Al-Hussam and distributed flyers indicating its support for jihadists fighting on the front lines in places such as Chechnya, Bosnia, Afghanistan and Algeria.

Muntasser's charity, Care International, was "an outgrowth of and successor" to Al-Kifah, prosecutors say.

Omeish and Muntasser note in their letter that the U.S. has backed the "Libyan National Army," led by Khalifa Hifter, a former general under dictator Muammar Gaddafi. That's a bad idea, Omeish and Muntasser wrote, because "many in Libya believe [Hifter] has dictatorial aspirations ..."

"He sounds like the Ahmed Chalabi of Libya," said former Pentagon spokesman J.D. Gordon, a fellow at the Center for a Secure Free Society. "He wants America to fight his battles for him in order to gain the upper hand over his countrymen."

However, the letter makes no mention of ties between the group Omeish endorses, the Revolutionary Council of Derna, and al-Qaida. Instead, he and Muntasser casts the group as an effective counter to ISIS because the council has "stripped [ISIS] from its social support. [ISIS]'s foreign presence and violent ways made them an evil that local Libyans themselves rejected and defeated" in Derna.

The council's leaders included two men – Nasir Atiyah al-Akar and Salim Derbi – known to have had ties to al-Qaida.

After ISIS killed al-Akar, the Derna council eulogized him last June for his close ties to Abu Qatada, al-Qaida operative currently in Jordan. Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) reports from 2012 connect Akar to Abdulbasit Azzouz, who was al-Qaida leader Ayman al-Zawahiri's man in Libya at the time. Azzouz allegedly was involved with the attack on the U.S. consulate and CIA annex in Benghazi that left U.S. Ambassador Stevens and three other Americans dead.
Derbi, also killed fighting ISIS, previously belonged to the al-Qaida linked Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG) and commanded the Abu Salim Martyrs Brigade, which also has al-Qaida ties.

Egypt's Al-Alam Al-Youm refers to the Revolutionary Shura Council as "a branch of al-Qaida."

Despite his ongoing connections to key White House decision-makers, Omeish appears headed for disappointment this time.

His letter is not likely to be read by the president's national security team, a White House source told the Investigative Project on Terrorism (IPT). The U.S. is prepared to support a "Government of National Accord" that is being developed, the White House said in a statement.

However, the Obama administration repeatedly has involved Omeish in policy deliberations about Libya.

White House logs show that Omeish visited nine times since 2011, including a Dec. 13, 2013 visit in which he was photographed with President Obama.
Omeish's encounter with the president came during the White House's annual Christmas party, a White House spokesperson said. President Obama never conducts policy discussions at such public meetings, the source said.

Two photos appear on Omeish's Facebook page showing him with U.N. Ambassador Samantha Power, widely considered an architect of the president's Libya policy, where she advocated for military intervention. She notably helped draft PSD-11, a secret presidential directive that led to the U.S. supporting the Muslim Brotherhood in Libya among other places.

One photo shows Omeish meeting with Power in February 2012, when she worked as special assistant to the president and senior director for Multilateral Affairs and Human Rights at the National Security Council. The other photo posted the day Obama announced Power's nomination as U.S. ambassador to the U.N. shows her standing next to Omeish.

White House officials thought enough of Omeish that they invited him to attend an April 2011 speech on Libya by President Obama at the White House. Omeish also attended the installation of Christopher Stevens, the late U.S. ambassador to Libya killed in the Sept. 11, 2012 Benghazi attack, and that of his successor, Deborah Jones, in 2013.

Omeish told The Washington Times following the Benghazi attack that he briefed Stevens before the ambassador began his duties in Tripoli.
Omeish and the Muslim Brotherhood

In addition to his comments about Palestinians and jihad, Omeish admits to prior personal involvement in the Muslim Brotherhood in the U.S. and served as president of the Muslim American Society, which has been described as the "overt arm" of the Brotherhood in America. His association with the Brotherhood likely dates back to his involvement in the Muslim Students Association (MSA) in the 1990s when he became the national organization's president, which was founded by Brotherhood members in 1963.

Omeish endorsed Libya's Muslim Brotherhood in a 2012 IRIN News article, stating that although it came in a distant second in Libya's 2012 elections, it "may be able to provide a better platform and a more coherent agenda of national action."

Libya's Muslim Brotherhood subsequently failed to implement a coherent agenda and became deadlocked with its liberal rival, the National Forces Alliance, over establishing a working constitution.  Brotherhood members opposed building a strong Libyan military that could have helped rein in the militias that have since created havoc. Numerous militias tied to the Brotherhood have contributed to Libya's instability. U.S. State Department officials contracted with the Brotherhood-linked February 17 Martyrs Brigade – a group that also had Al-Qaida ties – to provide security for the ill-fated U.S. consulate in Benghazi. A BBC report described the brigade as the best armed militia in eastern Libya. It additionally held al-Qaida sympathies, according to posts on its Facebook page. A State Department report called reliance on the February 17 militia in the case of an attack such as happened on Sept. 11, 2012 "misplaced."
LAPAC is but one of an alphabet soup of groups that Omeish helped found as a result of the Arab Spring, aimed at affecting U.S. policy toward Libya.
This includes Libyan Emergency Task Force,(LETF),Libyan Americans for Human Rights, Libyan Council of North America (LCNA), Libyan American Organization, American Libyan Council, American Libyan Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ALCCI), Center for Libyan American Strategic Studies. Former Libyan Ambassador to the U.S. Ali Aujali appointed Omeish the official representative of the Libyan-American community, according to ALCCI's old website.

LETF lobbied for the U.S. and the international community to establish a no-fly zone to keep Gaddafi from bombing rebellious cities in early 2011. Omeish's LCNA worked to facilitate meetings between U.S. officials and Libyan rebels, including a meeting with John Kerry while he still was a U.S. senator. ALCCI works with the Libyan embassy in Washington to "certify and support trade relations between Libya and the United States."

It remains to be seen whether the advice from Omeish and Muntasser will be ignored. But their gambit, publicly posting their letter urging the president to support Islamists, indicates a confidence generated by years of access and consultation. That raises a host of troubling questions.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Reaity bitch slaps Pravda on the Hudson: Idaho
« Reply #896 on: March 22, 2016, 09:16:16 AM »
The Mideast Came to Idaho State. It Wasn’t the Best Fit.

By STEPHANIE SAULMARCH 21, 2016

Kuwaiti students at Idaho State University looked over quiz results outside their math professor’s office in Pocatello, Idaho. Accusations of cheating have been directed at a number of Middle Eastern students. Credit Kim Raff for The New York Times

POCATELLO, Idaho — When the Rev. Jim Jones, pastor of the Blazing Grace Church here, approached the lectern at City Hall, he was holding a copy of the Quran.

The Islamic text commanded followers to embrace intolerance, hate and violence, he told the zoning panel, explaining why he felt uncomfortable with the plan of Middle Eastern students at Idaho State University to build a mosque within walking distance of campus.

“I get very fearful because I live close to this place,” Mr. Jones told the panel, which was considering a rezoning request.

The mosque was approved. But the remarks by Mr. Jones and other opponents at the February 2014 hearing were signs of the fissures developing in this railroad town as Idaho State became increasingly dependent on Saudi and Kuwaiti students to replace income lost from steep declines in local enrollment and state funding.

The potential payoff of having these students was big — $20,000 per student in annual out-of-state tuition, nearly three times what state residents pay. As the number of Middle Eastern students grew to nearly 1,200, almost 10 percent of the school’s enrollment, that meant an estimated $40 million for the local economy every year.

But Idaho State had not bargained for the cultural clash in this isolated community. Even if they were just normal, rowdy college kids, the behavior of the mostly male students stood out in this conservative, predominantly Mormon city. Free from the strict cultural mores of their home countries, some students have faced charges like drunken driving and stalking.

At the same time, professors said students, many of them unfamiliar with English, were ill-prepared and frequently resorted to cheating.

Students have taken umbrage to the accusations, and have recounted episodes of discrimination on campus and in town. Now some students are leaving.

For Idaho State, it is a moment of truth, with a loss of more than $2 million a year in tuition alone from 100 students who left last summer. More declines are expected.

“We’re preparing for the worst,” said Scott Scholes, the associate vice president for enrollment management.

As colleges across the country, including prestigious universities like the University of California, Berkeley, second-tier state universities and little-known private institutions, look to make up for budget cuts and declining enrollment by accepting more foreign students, the situation at Idaho State is a cautionary tale, an example of the complexities of integrating foreign students into a campus and a community.

By some estimates, the one million international students in the United States generate a $30.5 billion boost to the economy. The largest group comes from China, but Saudi Arabia, the fourth-largest country of origin, supplies more than 70,000 students to schools like Arizona State, Western Kentucky, Cleveland State and Southern Illinois.

Some of these institutions are particularly concerned about the impact of a recent announcement by the King Abdullah Scholarship Program, which supports most of the students from Saudi Arabia. The program is facing “deep funding cuts,” according to Moody’s Investors Service, which said the scholarships would be limited to the top 100 American schools, an Academic Ranking of World Universities list that does not include Idaho State.

The Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission to the United States, which administers the scholarship program, did not respond to requests for comment.

Mr. Scholes said new limits established by the Saudi and Kuwaiti governments might mean that no Middle Eastern freshmen will be arriving at Idaho State for the next academic year, cutting enrollment by more than 250, on top of the 100 Saudi students who have already departed.

Explaining another reason for the declining enrollment, Daniel Hummel, a political-science professor who is also secretary of the new mosque, said, “Some of the students are dissatisfied, and they’re leaving.”

Although this virtually all-Christian city does not appear to be a natural fit for Muslims — the courthouse lawn features a monument chiseled with the Ten Commandments — everything seemed fine when the first 17 Saudi students arrived in 2006, mostly in the engineering school. Over time, the students began sending word back home about Pocatello’s attributes, particularly the low cost of living, said Nezar Alnejidi, a marketing major and student leader. On a monthly stipend of about $1,850, students could pay their room and board and have money to spare.

Photo
Idaho State students from Kuwait at a campus game center. Middle Eastern students have recounted episodes of discrimination, and 100 left Idaho State last summer. Credit Kim Raff for The New York Times

As the number of Saudi students grew, Kuwaiti students also began to arrive. Sales of Mustangs soared at a local car dealership. Abandoned storefronts downtown reopened with hookah lounges and Middle Eastern restaurants. Merchants and landlords relished the business. “The economic impact has been humongous,” said Dave Packer, the president of the Pocatello Rental Housing Association.

But the students also brought unease. On campus, several professors said their colleagues chafed at the extra work required of them because of the poor English skills of many students who needed help after class. Some professors also believed the students did not have the proper math backgrounds for their chosen majors: A chart sent to the faculty by one dean revealed that in some classes with more than 20 Middle Eastern students, 90 percent of them had failed physics, 75 percent had failed introductory English, and more than 60 percent had failed math.

David Rodgers, an associate dean of science and engineering, described the challenges many students have faced.

“In engineering, every single class is scripted,” Dr. Rodgers said. “There’s not a lot of room for a screw-up. If you fail a class, you can make it up perhaps by taking 18 hours the next semester. You know your funding is running out. You know you’ve come to America to be an engineer. The cultural change, the language barrier, all these things stress kids.”

That might explain why several professors said Middle Eastern students seemed prone to cheating and plagiarism. Eighty percent to 90 percent of the cheating cases reported in recent semesters in engineering and science have involved foreign students, Dr. Rodgers said.

The university has bought antiplagiarism software, installed cameras, and gone so far as to track the Internet addresses of submitted papers, but Martin Hackworth, a departing physics lecturer, said the response was inadequate.

Mr. Hackworth wrote a column in The Idaho State Journal last year with accusations that Middle Eastern students had cheated, and criticism that the university had accepted students who were unprepared.

“They viewed these students as A.T.M. machines,” Mr. Hackworth said in an interview.

While admitting that some Middle Eastern students had cheated, Ali Alheid, 22, a mechanical engineering major from Kuwait, complained that the university had painted all of them with a broad brush. “They caught 20 or 30 students cheating,” he said. “Because of that, they treat us like cheaters.” Professors and proctors have sometimes prohibited bathroom breaks during exams and looked between students’ legs for hidden cellphones.

The cheating accusations are one reason Mr. Alnejidi is now telling friends not to come to Idaho State.

Photo
Omar Alfilkawi, an Idaho State student, parked his Mustang outside a friend’s house in Pocatello. The car has been popular among Middle Eastern students at the university. Credit Kim Raff for The New York Times

“The Saudi students are leaving because they feel they will not graduate under that level of scrutiny,” he said.

On a recent afternoon at the engineering school, groups of Middle Eastern students chatted outside. Inside, Saudi students worked in a basement laboratory on a virtual shield to protect United States borders from incursion, both by undocumented immigrants — and terrorists.

Mr. Alheid said that at a gathering of students last month for Kuwaiti National Day, more than 100 signed a petition complaining of discrimination on campus and in town. He plans to transfer to Arizona State. “They think we are terrorists,” said Mr. Alheid, describing several episodes.

As he drove his Mustang one night to a gym and tried to park, a car with an open door blocked his parking spot. When Mr. Alheid complained, he said, the man flashed a handgun at him. On another day, a middle finger was directed his way as he approached the newly built mosque, he said.

While acknowledging instances of discrimination, officials and professors say some of the students have done little to adapt. Some have made inappropriate overtures toward women, according to the Police Department. Others have raced their sports cars on city streets and, unaccustomed to local laws, ignored speeding tickets.

“I don’t think they understand that they have to pay a fine,” said Zachary Parris, the chief deputy prosecutor, whose office held a seminar on campus to educate students on city ordinances.

Jim Peterson, the deputy police chief, said, “I would say they get away with a lot more here than they do at home.”

Things came to a head last May, when The Idaho State Journal reported price gouging by landlords, who defended the extra fees with claims that the Middle Eastern students had damaged apartments. Among the problems, according to the newspaper: carpets burned by hookahs.

That is when Eva Nye, then a City Council member, wrote a column urging Pocatellans to be nicer to the students. By that time, the students were packing the mosque for Friday Prayer.

“It put some people on edge, and they felt certain that a jihad was going to occur in Pocatello,” Ms. Nye said.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: And now for something different
« Reply #898 on: March 27, 2016, 01:13:58 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/craig-considine/saluting-muslim-american-patriots_b_7039866.html

http://www.islamictreasure.com/2511-fabricated-hadeeth-love-for-ones-homeland-is-from-faith/

Fabricated Hadeeth – Love for one’s Homeland is from Faith
Nowadays mawdoo’ (fabricated) ahaadeeth, false reports and made-up stories have become widespread. Many people have become used to repeating these reports without checking whether they are saheeh and without examining their real nature.
This is haraam according to sharee’ah and is an insult to common sense.
These ahaadeeth are falsely attributed to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). It is not permissible to narrate them or quote them without clearly stating that they are false.
Regarding the hadeeth: حُبُّ الْوَطَنِ مِنَ الإِيمَانِ (Hubbul-Watan Min al-Eemaan)
Translation: “Love of one’s homeland (country) is from faith”
Source: Kashf al-Khafa’ wa Muzil al-Ilbas (1102), al-Silsilah al-Hadeeth ad-Da’eefah (36) and reported by al-Saghaanee in his al-Mawdhoo’at (81)
The above hadeeth is not the saying of Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam) and is a very good example of fabrication and falsehood which are attributed to the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam). It is mentioned by the scholars in their books as an example of Hadeeth fabrication and lies.
● The Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta’ was asked regarding the hadeeth, they replied:
ما ذكرته من الجمل ليست بأحاديث عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم، وإنما هي كلمات جرت على ألسنة الناس.
وبالله التوفيق. وصلى الله على نبينا محمد، وآله وصحبه وسلم.
“The phrases you mentioned are not Hadith reported from the Prophet (peace be upon him); they are just sayings that people have become accustomed to using.
May Allaah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad his family, and Companions!”
Members: ‘Abdullah ibn Qa`ud, ‘Abdullah ibn Ghudayyan, Deputy Chairman: ‘Abdul-Razzaq `Afify, Chairman: ‘Abdul-‘Aziz ibn ‘Abdullah ibn Baz
Source: Third question from fatawa number 5729, Volume 4 page 465.
● Shaykh Abdul Azeez ibn Abdullaah bin Abdur Rahmaan ar-Raajhee said in his explanation of Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah’s “al-Waseeah al-Kubra” under the heading “Categories of Fabricated and False ahadeeth”:
وقد يكون هذا الحديث الذي ينسبونه إلى النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم كلاماً لبعض السلف، أو كلاماً لبعض العلماء، مثل قول بعض الناس: (حب الوطن من الإيمان)
“It may be that the hadeeth which is attributed to the Prophet, peace be upon him, be sayings of some of the salafs, or sayings of some scholars, such as the saying of some people (love of the homeland is from Faith).”
Source: “Sharh al-Waseeah al-Kubra li-Ibn Taymiyyah”, Volume 5, page 7.
● Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-Uthaymeen (rahimahullaah) said:
وما يذكر من أن ((حب الوطن من الإيمان)) وأن ذلك حديث عن رسول الله صلي الله عليه وسلم كذب.
حب الوطن إن كان لأنه وطن إسلامي فهذا تحبه لأنه إسلامي. ولا فرق بين وطنك الذي هو مسقط رأسك، أو الوطن البعيد من بلاد المسلمين؛ كلها وطن الإسلام يجب أن نحميه.
“Furthermore, it ought not to be mentioned that ‘Love for one’s homeland is from faith’, nor that this is a narration from the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam), for this is a fabrication.
We are obliged to love our country if it is an Islamic nation, there being no distinction between an individual’s country of birth or a country distant from the lands of the Muslims, both are deemed Islamic lands and dictate that they are protected.”
Source: Sharh Riyadh as-Saaliheen, Volume 1 page 66.
● al-Mulla ‘Ali Qaari (may Allaah have mercy on him) mentioned regarding the hadeeth:
قَالَ الزَّرْكَشِيُّ لَمْ أَقِفْ عَلَيْهِ
وَقَالَ السَّيْدُ مَعِينُ الدِّينِ الصَّفَوِيُّ لَيْسَ بِثَابِتٍ
وَقِيلَ إِنَّهُ مِنْ كَلَامِ بَعْضِ السّلف
az-Zarkashi said: “I am not aware of it.”
as-Saeed Ma’een uddin as-Safawiyyu said: “It is not proven”
And it was said that it is from the sayings of some salafs.
Source: “Al-Asrar Al-Marfoo’a fee Al-Akhbaar Al-Mawdoo’at” by al-Mulla ‘Ali Qaari (may Allaah have mercy on him), page 180 under hadeeth number 164.
Regarding whether the meaning of the phrase is correct or not, the scholars have clarified that it’s meaning is strange and wrong.
● Shaykh al-Albaani (rahimahullaah), mentioned about this hadeeth in “al-Silsilah al-Hadeeth ad-Da’eefah” (Volume 1, page 110 number 36), and classed it as being Mawdoo’ (fabricated).
He said:
موضوع. كما قال الصغاني (ص 7) وغيره.
ومعناه غير مستقيم إذ إن حب الوطن كحب النفس والمال ونحوه، كل ذلك غريزي في الإنسان لا يمدح بحبه ولا هو من لوازم الإيمان، ألا ترى أن الناس كلهم مشتركون في هذا الحب لا فرق في ذلك بين مؤمنهم وكافرهم؟ !
“This hadeeth is Mawdoo’ (fabricated) and it was said by al-Saghaanee (page 7) and other than him.
And the meaning of the hadeeth is not correct, because love of homeland is like love of oneself, money, and the like. All of these are inborn in humans. There is no praise for this love and neither is it from Eemaan (faith). Do you not think that all of the people involved in this love (i.e love of ones homeland), there is no difference in that between the believers and kaafir alike? !”
● Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-Uthaymeen (rahimahullaah) said:
ومثله “حب الوطن من الإيمان” وهو مشهور عند العامة على أنه حديث صحيح، وهو حديث موضوع مكذوب، بل المعنى أيضاً غير صحيح بل حب الوطن من التعصب.
“Like for example ‘Love for one’s homeland is from faith’. It is famous near the general people, that this is a saheeh hadeeth, (but) this hadeeth is fabricated and false. It’s meaning is also not correct, rather, love of one’s homeland is from prejudice.”
Source: “Sharh al-Manzuma al-Bayquniyya fee Mustalah al-Hadeeth” page 70
● Shaykh Ismail ibn Muhammad al-‘Ajaloonee mentioned this hadeeth as Mawdoo’ in his book “Kashf al-Khafa’ wa Muzil al-Ilbas” (1102), Volume 1 pages 398-399 and said:
قال الصغاني: موضوع، وقال في المقاصد: لم أقف عليه، ومعناه صحيح،
ورد القاري قوله ومعناه صحيح بأنه عجيب، قال: إذ لا تلازم بين حب الوطن وبين الإيمان، قال: ورد أيضا بقوله تعالى: {وَلَوْ أَنَّا كَتَبْنَا عَلَيْهِمْ} النساء: 66,
فإنها دلت على حبهم وطنهم، مع عدم تلبسهم بالإيمان؛ إذ ضمير عليهم للمنافقين، لكن انتصر له بعضهم بأنه ليس في كلامه أنه لا يحب الوطن إلا مؤمن، وإنما فيه أن حب الوطن لا ينافي الإيمان, انتهى.
“al-Saghaani said: Mawdoo’ (fabricated). And he said in al-Maqaasid: I am not aware of it, and its meaning is correct. Al-Qaari replied to his saying that its meaning is not saheeh and that It is strange.
al-Mulla ‘Ali Qaari (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: As there is no correlation between the love of Country and the matters of Eemaan (faith) and this view (i.e. the view of those who consider the meaning of the hadeeth to be correct) could be refuted by what Allaah Said :
“And if We had ordered them (saying), “Kill yourselves (i.e. the innnocent ones kill the guilty ones) or leave your homes,” very few of them would have done it; but if they had done what they were told, it would have been better for them, and would have strengthened their (Faith)” [Qur’an Surah an-Nisa’ 4:66]
So this is an evidence of their (the hypocrite’s) love to the Homeland/Country without mixing it with the matters of Eemaan, as the pronoun (alayhim/upon them) is for the hypocrites.
And some (scholars) also said that there is nothing in his mentioned words that proves that no one can love his country except a Believer. But rather, it shows that there is no contradiction between Love of the homeland/Country and the matters of Eemaan.” [i.e. even the hypocrites who have no faith, also love their country/homeland. So love of one’s homeland cannot be considered to be from Faith and hence this saying is not true.]
End quote from Shaykh Ismail ibn Muhammad al-‘Ajaloonee’s book “Kashf al-Khafa’ wa Muzil al-Ilbas”
[Note: al-Mulla ‘Ali Qaari (may Allaah have mercy on him) mentioned the above in his book “Al-Asrar Al-Marfoo’a fee Al-Akhbaar Al-Mawdoo’at”, pages 180-181 under hadeeth number 164]
And Allaah Knows the Best.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: And now for something different
« Reply #899 on: March 27, 2016, 01:30:50 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/craig-considine/saluting-muslim-american-patriots_b_7039866.html

http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/quran/verses/004-qmt.php

YUSUFALI: Hast thou not turned Thy vision to those who declare that they believe in the revelations that have come to thee and to those before thee? Their (real) wish is to resort together for judgment (in their disputes) to the Evil One, though they were ordered to reject him. But Satan's wish is to lead them astray far away (from the right).
PICKTHAL: Hast thou not seen those who pretend that they believe in that which is revealed unto thee and that which was revealed before thee, how they would go for judgment (in their disputes) to false deities when they have been ordered to abjure them? Satan would mislead them far astray.
SHAKIR: Have you not seen those who assert that they believe in what has been revealed to you and what was revealed before you? They desire to summon one another to the judgment of the Shaitan, though they were commanded to deny him, and the Shaitan desires to lead them astray into a remote error.