Author Topic: Anti-semitism & Jews  (Read 387157 times)

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Actual hope
« Reply #300 on: September 18, 2011, 07:48:26 AM »
"Cultures do change, even profoundly—look at Germany's breathtaking leap from Nazism into liberal democracy."

Well yeah, only after millions of dead Germans and the obliteration of their citiesand 3rd reich leaders all dead or chased around the world.

Perhaps that is the lesson we will eventually learn about what will "change" Islamic culture.  I hope not but it certainly seems that way from where I sit at this time in history.

http://www.globalsn.net/

I saw this documentary the other night. I hope this becomes a real movement within the islamic world. I fear that Ashraf al-Khaled will end up like other would-be islamic  reformers, but you've got to admire his courage. He doesn't shy away from confronting jihadists face to face and he isn't parroting the usual "It's America/Israel/The west's fault" either. He recognizes the pathology within the islamic world and wants to address it.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Jews! I mean Janitors!
« Reply #301 on: September 26, 2011, 08:50:44 AM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1N60RTxg1Y[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1N60RTxg1Y

Channeling Rev. Wright.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-semitism & Jews
« Reply #302 on: September 26, 2011, 09:39:57 AM »
GM,  Hard to say what the slip was there.  He wasn't equating Jews with janitors, that doesn't make sense.  I think when he said Billionaire he thought Soros and then Jew stuck in his mind. All (one) Jews he knows are billionaires and want higher taxes on themselves?  When I think Soros I think flaming lib, not Jew.  When I think billionaire I think jobs and how few new ones we have - billionaires and jobs.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 26, 2011, 09:48:45 AM »
I dunno, I'd like to compare it to Obama's toast to Rashid Khalidi, but that's still as secret as Obama's health records and academic transcripts.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Glick
« Reply #304 on: September 29, 2011, 07:46:52 AM »

Upon his return to Ramallah from New York, Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas was greeted by a crowd of several thousand well-wishers. They applauded him for his speech at the UN. There, Abbas erased Jewish history from the Land of Israel, denied Israel's right to exist and pledged his commitment to establish a racist Palestinian state ethnically cleansed of all Jews.

Many of Abbas's supporters in Ramallah held posters of US President Barack Obama. On them Obama was portrayed as a monkey. The caption read, "The First Jewish President of the United States."

The fact that the Palestinians from Fatah and Hamas alike are Jew-hating racists should surprise no one who has been paying a modicum of attention to the Palestinian media and general culture. Since the PA was established in 1994 in the framework of the peace process between Israel and the PLO, it has used the media organs, schools and mosques it controls to spew out a constant flow of anti-Semitic propaganda. Much of the Jew-hating bile is indistinguishable from anti-Jewish propaganda published by the Nazis.

As for their anti-black bigotry, it is enough to recall the frequency with which Condoleezza Rice was depicted as a monkey and a devil in the Palestinian and pan-Arab media during George W. Bush's presidency to realize that the racist depiction of Obama was not a fluke. Moreover, and more disturbingly, it is worth recalling that like its fellow Arab League members, the PA has strongly supported Sudan's genocide of black Africans in Darfur.

To a degree, the willingness of African-Americans to turn a blind eye to Arab anti-black prejudice is understandable. Since the mid-1960s, oil rich Arab kingdoms led by Saudi Arabia have spent hundreds of millions of petrodollars in outreach to African-Americans. This outreach includes but is not limited to massive proselytization efforts among inner city blacks. The combination of a strong and growing African-American Muslim population and a general sense of amity towards Muslims as a result of outreach efforts contribute to a willingness on the part of African- Americans to overlook Arab anti-black racism.

Unlike African-Americans, Jewish Americans have been targeted by no serious outreach campaigns by the likes of Saudi Arabia and the rest of the Arab world. To the contrary, as Mitchell Bard documented in his bookThe Arab Lobby: The Invisible Alliance That Undermines America's Interests in the Middle East, these Arab nations have spared no effort in anti-Israel lobbying in the US. Among the Arab lobby's goals is to undermine the legitimacy of American Jewish lobbying on behalf of Israel.

Furthermore, the anti-Jewish atmosphere in the Arab world is far more comprehensive and poisonous than its anti-black prejudice. A Pew global opinion poll from 2008 showed that hatred of Jews is effectively universal in the Arab world and overwhelming in non-Arab Muslim states. In Jordan, Egypt and Lebanon, between 95 and 97 percent of respondents expressed hatred of Jews. In Indonesia, Turkey and Pakistan between two-thirds and three-quarters of respondents expressed hatred of Jews.

Jew-hatred among Muslim minorities in the West is less overwhelming. But Muslim antagonism towards Jews vastly outstrips that of the general populations of their countries. According to a Pew survey from 2006, while 7% of British citizens express unfavorable views of Jews, 47% of British Muslims admit to such views. In France, 13% of the general population admits to harboring negative feelings towards Jews and 28% of French Muslims do. Likewise in Germany, 22% of the general population acknowledges anti-Semitic views and 44% of German Muslims do.

More dangerously, the quantity of anti-Semitic attacks carried out by Muslims in the West far outstrips their percentage in the general population. According to Pew data, in 2010 Muslims comprised just 4.6% of the population of the UK but carried out 39% of the anti-Semitic attacks. Moreover, according to the Times Online, in 2006, 37% of British Muslims claimed that British Jews are legitimate targets for attacks. Only 30% of British Muslims disagreed.

With the overwhelming data showing that throughout the Arab world there is strong support for organizations and regimes which advocate the genocide of world Jewry, the American Jewish community could have been expected to devote the majority of its attention and resources to exposing and combating this existential threat. Just as the American Jewish community dedicated itself in the past to causes such as the liberation of Soviet Jewry and fighting neo-Nazi groups in the US and throughout the world, it could have been expected that from the Anti-Defamation League to the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, that major American Jewish groups would be using the financial and human resources at their disposal to defend against this violent, genocidal hatred.

But this has not occurred. Many leading American Jewish organizations continue to be far more involved in combating the currently relatively benign anti-Semitism of the Catholic Church and Evangelical Christians than confronting the escalating dangers of Muslim anti-Semitism.

According to a Gallup poll released last month, 80% of American Jews have favorable views of American Muslims. Seventy percent believe that they are not supportive of al-Qaida. These data indicate that American Jews are second only to American Muslims in their support for Muslim Americans. Indeed 6% more American Jews than American Muslims believe that American Muslims face prejudice due to their religion.

American Jewish championing of American Muslims is disconcerting when compared with American Jewish treatment of the philo-Semitic Evangelical Christians. Matthew Knee discussed this issue in depth in a recent article published at the Legal Insurrection website.

In a 2003 Pew survey, 42% of American Jews expressed antagonism towards Evangelical Christians. In a 2004 American National Election Study, Jews on average rated Evangelical Christians at 30 out of 100 on a "feeling thermometer," where 1 was cold and 100 was hot.

A 2005 American Jewish Committee survey found that Jews assessed that following Muslims, Evangelical Christians have the highest propensity for being anti-Semites. And yet, in the same 2004 American National Election Survey, Evangelical Christians rated Jews an average of 82 on the 1- 100 feelings scale. Evangelical Christians rated Catholics at 80.

Consistent survey data show that levels of anti- Semitism among Evangelical Christians is either the same as or slightly lower than the national average. According to a 2007 ADL survey, the US average is 15%.

There is a clear disparity between survey data on anti-Semitism among various American ethnic groups and American Jews' assessment of the prevalence of anti-Semitism among the same groups. The AJC survey found that American Jews believed that 29% of Evangelicals are largely anti- Semitic. They assessed that only 7% of Hispanics and 19% of African-Americans are anti-Semites.

As it works out, their perceptions are completely incorrect. According to the 2007 ADL survey, foreign born Hispanics, and African-Americans, harbor significantly stronger anti-Semitic views than the national average. Twenty-nine percent of foreign born Hispanics harbor very anti-Semitic views. Thirty-two percent of African-Americans harbor deeply anti-Semitic views.

Like Jews, Hispanics, African-Americans and Muslims vote disproportionately for the Democratic Party. Evangelical Christians on the other hand, are reliably Republican. A 2009 survey on US anti- Semitism conducted by the Institute for Jewish and Community Research in San Francisco found that Democrats are more likely to be anti-Semitic than Republicans.

The Gallup survey from last month showing American Jews' deep support for American Muslims is of particular interest because that support stands in stark contrast with survey data concerning American Jewish perception of Muslim American anti-Semitism.

The 2005 AJC survey showed that American Jews believe that 58% of American Muslims are anti- Semitic. That is, American Jews are Muslim Americans' strongest non-Muslim defenders at the same time they are convinced that most Muslim Americans are anti-Semites.

What can explain this counterintuitive behavior? And how can we account for the apparent pattern of incorrect Jewish perceptions of anti-Semitism among Evangelical Christians on the one hand and fellow Democrats on the other hand?

As Knee argues, the disparity may very well be due to partisan loyalties. The Democratic Party has openly engaged in fear mongering and demonization of Evangelical Christians in order to maintain Jewish loyalty to the party. Knee quotes then-Democratic national chairman Howard Dean's statement that "Jews should feel comfortable in being American Jews without being constrained from practicing their faith or be compelled to convert to another religion."

As for Muslims, Knee cites a press release from the National Jewish Democratic Council from March attacking Congressman Peter King's hearings on the radicalization of American Muslims. In the press release, the council claimed that such hearings "can and will" harm religious tolerance in America. That is, the council implied that by investigating the radicalization of American Muslims - and its concomitant transformation of American Muslims into supporters of the genocidal Jew-hatred endemic among radical Muslims worldwide - Rep. King is endangering Jews.

If American Jews are most concerned with being able to maintain their loyalty to the Democratic Party, then it makes sense for them to wildly exaggerate Evangelical anti-Semitism. It is reasonable for them to underestimate African-American and Hispanic anti-Semitism, and ignore the higher rates of anti-Semitism among Democrats than among Republicans. Moreover, it makes sense for them to follow their party's lead in failing to address the dangers of global Islamic anti- Semitism.

None of this makes sense, however, if American Jews are most concerned with defending Jews - in America and worldwide - from anti-Semitic sentiments and violence.

On Wednesday evening we begin our celebration of the New Year. Rosh Hashana marks a period of soul-searching among Jews. We are called upon at this time to account for our actions and our failures to act and to improve our faithfulness to our people, to our laws and to God.

It is possible that American Jews are simply unaware of the disparities between reality and their perceptions of reality. But it is the duty of all Jews to educate ourselves about the threats that reality poses to ourselves and our people.

At the UN last week, Abbas received accolades and applause from all quarters for his anti-Semitic assault on Jewish history and the Jewish state. Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's remarks were applauded by Israel-supporters in the audience in the General Assembly.

As Israel is increasingly isolated and Jews worldwide are under attack, it is my prayer for the coming year that the American Jewish community will come to terms with a difficult reality and the choices it entails, and act with the majority of their fellow Americans to defend Israel and combat anti-Semitism in the US and throughout the world.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
LA Unified School District employee
« Reply #305 on: October 15, 2011, 06:02:08 AM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMjm4LxFa1c&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Gee, I wonder who she voted for in 2008.....   :roll:

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Sharpton
« Reply #306 on: October 16, 2011, 08:58:27 AM »
Fury over Sharpton speaking at Crown Heights riot-anniversary forum

By ANDY SOLTIS

Last Updated: 6:49 AM, August 18, 2011

Posted: 2:08 AM, August 18, 2011

An East End synagogue has reignited bitterness over the 1991 Crown Heights race riots by inviting the Rev. Al Sharpton to a symposium marking the 20th anniversary of the bloody confrontations.

"It's just an absolute disgrace," said Norman Rosenbaum, whose brother Yankel was killed at the height of the mayhem. "His vile rhetoric incited the rioting."

What revived the nightmare was Sharpton's invitation to appear on a panel on the "State of Black-Jewish Relations: Twenty Years after Crown Heights."

The riots were touched off when 7-year-old Gavin Cato was struck and killed by a car in the motorcade of a Hasidic leader.

BAD BLOOD: Al Sharpton led a march during the 1991 riots in which Yankel Rosenbaum (inset) was killed.

Yankel Rosenbaum, an Australian-born Hasidic scholar who had nothing to do with the motorcade, was stabbed to death in the violence that followed.

Sharpton was criticized at the time for saying, in a eulogy for Gavin, that he wasn't killed by a car accident but by "the social accident of apartheid." He led 400 protesters, chanting "No justice, no peace" despite pleas by then-Mayor David Dinkins for calm.

Norman Rosenbaum said the title of the forum falsely implies the four nights of rioting were due to "ongoing problems between the Jewish community and the African-American community."

"It was just wanton criminal attacks," he said. "This is Crown Heights revisionist history," he said of the forum, scheduled for Sunday night.

He said Sharpton "did absolutely nothing then to improve black-Jewish relations -- and nothing since."

Community leader Isaac Abraham, who was invited to the forum, accused The Hampton Synagogue's Rabbi Marc Schneier of trying to gain attention by including Sharpton.

"To get some publicity for your phony West Hampton ethnic bullcrap, you invite the biggest race hustler who played a large part in those four nights of the pogrom," he wrote Schneier.

Yosef Lifish, the driver of the car that killed Cato, was cleared of charges and left for Israel. Sharpton flew to Tel Aviv later in 1991 in an attempt to slap Lifish with a civil suit.

When a passer-by at Israel's Ben Gurion Airport recognized Sharpton, she shouted, "Go to hell!"

"I am in hell already," Sharpton replied. "I am in Israel."

andy.soltis@nypost.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/crown_hts_fury_38tR1JfphLH4X9An8W8VYL

**Wow, I hope he doesn't get a TV show on MSNBC or something.....

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Berlin, 1939
« Reply #307 on: October 16, 2011, 03:27:44 PM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 16, 2011, 05:01:52 PM »
I wonder if there has ever been any study of Black antisemitism.

Surely some Blacks resent and dislike Jews.  I don't know if it would be at a higher percentage overall than say other groups including whites who dislike Jews.

It seems Sharpton, Wright, Farrakan fit the mold.  I recall Jackson's "hymietown" comment.  I often wondered why liberal Jews seemed to need to make the point that Jews had much in common with Blacks because of a history of discrimination.

Such Jews misread the situation.  It is not the discrimination issue that has many Blacks resenting Jews.  It is the socioeconomic disparity.   Blacks feel patronized by the lib Jews who coddle up to them, I suspect.

I remember one of my Jewish ancestors who was by no means bigoted or prejudiced.  Yet he had no narcisstic need to prove what a good heart he had by "sticking up" for Blacks.  He would say I am not worried about the Blacks.   They are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves.  Just like we do.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
'It's Just Like Pre-World War II Nazi Germany'
« Reply #309 on: October 17, 2011, 05:49:24 AM »
http://jammiewearingfool.blogspot.com/2011/10/its-just-like-pre-world-war-ii-nazi.html

'It's Just Like Pre-World War II Nazi Germany'

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NIlRQCPJcew[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NIlRQCPJcew

We're not the only ones who've noticed the ugly anti-Semitism coming from the Occupy Wall Street creeps. The folks in Israel see what's happening.

One of people reportedly responsible for organizing the "Occupy Wall St." protests, Adbusters editor Kalle Lasn, has a history of perpetuating conspiracy theories that say the Jews control America's foreign policies.

Back in New York, another protestor insisted that "a small ethnic group constitutes almost all of the hedge fund managers and bankers on Wall St. They are all Jewish. There is a conspiracy in this country where Jews control the media, finances… They have pooled their money together in order to take control of America."

He was kind enough to warn Russia to avoid similarly being destroyed by what in America has become a "conspiracy everyone is afraid to talk about."

The Emergency Committee for Israel, a Jewish-run Republican organization, released a video highlighting these and other anti-Semitic incidents at the "Occupy wall St." events, and urging President Barack Obama to take a firm stand against such hateful rhetoric.

Israel's Yediot Ahronot newspaper called the anti-Semitic outbursts "hard to watch," and an Israeli commenter said, "It's just like pre-World War II Nazi Germany. You think blood libels can't happen in America?"

It has been pointed out by many media commentators that the openly anti-Semitic remain but a small portion of those participating in the Occupy Wall St. movement. However, others have noted that Nazi anti-Semitism started out as a fringe phenomenon in Germany before eventually defining that nation's domestic agenda in the 1940s.

More than the few Occupy Wall St. anti-Semites themselves, it is the lack of a clear and firm repudiation of their hateful rhetoric by the mainstream American media and political leaders that has a growing number of Israelis and Jews on edge.

Update: Where is the ADL on this ugliness?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 06:09:31 AM by G M »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Time to run the JooooOOOOooos out.....
« Reply #310 on: October 20, 2011, 12:21:23 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch4VcOGv36U&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch4VcOGv36U&feature=player_embedded

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Of course the answer is yes
« Reply #311 on: November 05, 2011, 05:43:37 AM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Black anti-semitism higher than white?
« Reply #312 on: November 05, 2011, 07:15:34 AM »
I take it with a grain of salt the following survery.  First of all it is only one survey so I don't know how accurate it is or if people taking it tell the truth to start with.  In any case I notice that blacks have a higher rate of anti semitism.  I wondered about this on the board here:

*****Survey Finds Anti-Semitic Attitudes Rising
Updated: Friday, 04 Nov 2011, 7:19 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 04 Nov 2011, 7:11 PM EDT

MYFOXNY.COM - Swastikas were found painted on the facades of the Jackson Heights and East Elmhurst branches of the Queens Library and on the door of Congregation Tifereth Israel on Thursday.

The Anti-Defamation League today condemned the anti-Semitic graffiti.  The ADL says there were 133 anti-Jewish incidents reported across New York City in 2010.

A nationwide ADL survey released just yesterday found that anti-Semitic attitudes have risen in America.

The ADL survey found that 15 percent of Americans - nearly 35 million adults - hold deeply anti-Semitic views. That's up three percent from 2009.

"The fact that anti-Semitic attitudes have increased significantly over the past two years is troubling and raises questions about the impact of broader trends in America - financial insecurity, social uncertainty, the decline in civility and the growth of polarization - on attitudes toward Jews," said Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director.

19-percent answered "probably true" to the statement "Jews have too much control/influence on Wall Street," an increase from 14-percent in 2009.

Several cases of anti-Semitism have been documented at various Occupy Wall Street across the country.

The survey also found that anti-Semitic views among the African-American population have remained steady, but are consistently higher than the general population.

In 2011, 29-percent of African-Americans expressed strongly anti-Semitic views, according to the survey.*****

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 05, 2011, 11:49:18 AM »
CCP post: "In 2011, 29-percent of African-Americans expressed strongly anti-Semitic views, according to the survey"

To know the significance we will need a control group.  Perhaps 29% are anti- all whites and perhaps 29% are also anti- their fellow African-Americans. 

Seriously, isn't it strange that they find a happy home in the same political party.  Around here that the Jewish community and one of America's most gay cities and a dysfunctional black community all find comfort in representation in Washington from the same Muslim Rep. Keith Ellison.  The Obamites don't support Israel or even capitalism and don't they openly support a gay agenda, and they double the black unemployment, yet these unconnected constituent groups just keep hanging in there delivering the votes.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
The Axis of unreason
« Reply #314 on: November 08, 2011, 08:07:14 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmTMIjkMoLk[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmTMIjkMoLk

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
Israel Develops Cancer Vaccine
« Reply #315 on: November 14, 2011, 04:53:39 AM »
ISRAEL DEVELOPS CANCER VACCINE  (From Pam Geller's "Atlas Shrugs" web site)

In between ducking bombs from a culture that creates nothing, invents nothing, produces nothing, and aspires to nothing except genocide. That's their major industry -- annihilation of the Jewish people. But Israel is the problem.

Israel Develops Cancer Vaccine

Vaxil's groundbreaking therapeutic vaccine, developed in Israel, could keep about 90 percent of cancers from coming back.
As the world's population lives longer than ever, if we don't succumb to heart disease, strokes or accidents, it is more likely that cancer will get us one way or another. Cancer is tough to fight, as the body learns how to outsmart medical approaches that often kill normal cells while targeting the malignant ones. In a breakthrough development, an Israeli company  has formulated a therapeutic cancer vaccine, now in clinical trials at Hadassah University Medical Center in Jerusalem.

There are a 12 Million Jews in the world, and yet they have received 192 Nobel Prizes. The Muslims number 1.4 Billion ... or 117 times the number of Jews! Based upon this 117:1 Muslim-to-Jewish ratio, one might expect the Muslims to have 22,464 Nobel Laureates. They have nine, including the prize awarded to the pedophile godfather of modern terror, Yaser Arafat.

Unless the Swedes and Norwegians start awarding Nobel Prizes for plane hijackings, pizza shop bombings, civilian bus attacks, Jihad suicides/homicides, drive-by shootings, throat-slittings, embassy attacks and other such acts of barbarisms, the embarrassing low level of contribution to the welfare of civilization and mankind by the [Arab] Muslim world will continue. The Jewish People, meanwhile, will continue being the Lights Unto All Nations.

And the world is licking their boots and doing their bidding, turning the homeland and its inhabitants over as ransom, as if that would slake their bloodlust.

In the words of the American Enterprise Institute’s political scientist Charles Murray, “In the first half of the 20th century, despite pervasive and continuing social discrimination against Jews throughout the Western world, despite the retraction of legal rights, and despite the Holocaust, Jews won 14 percent of Nobel Prizes in literature, chemistry, physics, and medicine/physiology. In the second half of the 20th century, when Nobel Prizes began to be awarded to people from all over the world, that figure rose to 29 percent. So far, in the 21st century, it has been 32 percent.”1 Jews constitute about 0.2 percent of the world’s population.
"You have enemies?  Good.  That means that you have stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Hey! It's OWS-Cairo !
« Reply #316 on: November 25, 2011, 05:07:38 PM »
Even the same level of anti-semitism as OWS here!

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4153207,00.html

Cairo rally: One day we'll kill all Jews

Muslim Brotherhood holds venomous anti-Israel rally in Cairo mosque Friday; Islamic activists chant: Tel Aviv, judgment day has come

Eldad Beck Published:  11.25.11, 20:29 / Israel News 

Arab hate: A Muslim Brotherhood rally in Cairo's most prominent mosque Friday turned into a venomous anti-Israel protest, with attendants vowing to "one day kill all Jews."

Some 5,000 people joined the rally, called to promote the "battle against Jerusalem's Judaization." The event coincided with the anniversary of the United Nations' partition plan in 1947, which called for the establishment of a Jewish state.

However, most worshippers who prayed at the mosque Friday quickly left it before the Muslim Brotherhood's rally got underway. A group spokesman urged attendants to remain for the protest, asking them not to create a bad impression for the media by leaving.

'Treacherous Jews'
Speakers at the event delivered impassioned, hateful speeches against Israel, slamming the "Zionist occupiers" and the "treacherous Jews." Upon leaving the rally, worshippers were given small flags, with Egypt's flag on one side and the Palestinian flag on the other, as well as maps of Jerusalem's Old City detailing where "Zionists are aiming to change Jerusalem's Muslim character."

Propaganda material ahead of Egypt's parliamentary elections was also handed out at the site.

Hate in Cairo (Photo: AFP)

Spiritual leader Dr. Ahmed al-Tayeb charged in his speech that to this day Jews everywhere in the world are seeking to prevent Islamic and Egyptian unity.

"In order to build Egypt, we must be one. Politics is insufficient. Faith in Allah is the basis for everything," he said. "The al-Aqsa Mosque is currently under an offensive by the Jews…we shall not allow the Zionists to Judaize al-Quds (Jerusalem.) We are telling Israel and Europe that we shall not allow even one stone to be moved there."

'We have different mentality' 
Muslim Brotherhood spokesmen, as well as Palestinian guest speakers, made explicit calls for Jihad and for liberating the whole of Palestine. Time and again, a Koran quote vowing that "one day we shall kill all the Jews" was uttered at the site. Meanwhile, businessmen in the crowd were urged to invest funds in Jerusalem in order to prevent the acquisition of land and homes by Jews.

Throughout the event, Muslim Brotherhood activists chanted: "Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, judgment day has come."

Speaking to Ynet outside the mosque following the prayer, elementary school teacher Ala al-Din said that "all Egyptian Muslims are willing to embark on Jihad for the sake of Palestine."

"Why is the US losing in Afghanistan? Because the other side is willing and wants to die. We have a different mentality than that of the Americans and Jews," he said.

Eldad Beck is reporting from Cairo on behalf of Ynet and Yedioth Ahronoth

Roee Nahmias contributed to the story

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Anti-semitism & OWS
« Reply #317 on: November 30, 2011, 03:11:11 AM »
Is the Occupy Wall Street Movement Occupied?
IPT News
November 29, 2011

http://www.investigativeproject.org/3312/is-the-occupy-wall-street-movement-occupied

Anti-Israel and Muslim-American advocacy groups in the United States are capitalizing on the Occupy Wall Street Movement (OWS) to promote their own agendas.

The Occupy movement started in New York's Zuccotti Park Sept. 17, and spread to more than 100 cities, according to the movement's "unofficial" website. "The movement is inspired by popular uprisings in Egypt and Tunisia, and aims to expose how the richest 1 percent of people are writing the rules of an unfair global economy that is foreclosing on our future."

There has been an ongoing debate about the depth of anti-Semitism within the OWS movement, with some finding it rampant and others casting it as a fringe element. Those concerns were heightened Nov. 5 when more than 20 people from the Occupy Boston camp marched into the lobby of that city's Israeli consulate for a sit-in. The group engaged in a series of anti-Israel chants including "Viva Palestina," and "Hey hey, ho ho, Israeli apartheid has got to go!"

What is clear is that groups like the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) have insinuated themselves on the movement to tackle issues other than economic policies.

The latest example came Nov. 18, when CAIR's New York chapter held a rally, prayers and a march from Occupy Wall Street to make demands including:

· "An immediate end to all racial, ethnic and religious profiling;"

· "The dismantlement and disclosure of all surveillance operations;"

· An "independent commission to investigate all NYPD and CIA operations against the Muslim community." The event was sponsored and endorsed by dozens of organizations, including the New York chapters of the Muslim American Society, the Islamic Council of North America, Al-Awda and the Majlis Ash-Shura of Metropolitan New York.

The demonstration attracted hundreds of Muslims and approximately 50 OWS protesters, carrying signs reading, "NYPD Watches Us. Who Watches NYPD?"

"Many many other people at Occupy Wall Street stand in solidarity with Muslim communities, and all targets of NYPD, CIA, FBI and government repression," Jen Waller, a representative of the OWS movement and a member of the New York Committee to Stop FBI Repression, said during the rally. She added that we are watching "more and more innocent Muslim men and women [that] are targeted and attract into government orchestrated terrorism schemes."

Previously, Islamist groups joined OWS events. CAIR-NY and the Islamic Leadership Council held a prayer service in Zuccotti Park on Oct. 21 following outreach to the group by the Wall Street protesters.

The crowd of approximately 60 chanted in response to a speaker: "American Muslims have to stand with Occupy Wall Street. For a long time, American Muslims have been scared into silence. Those days are over. We are here in numbers. We are here to pray. We are here to protest. And most of all we are here to raise our voice."

Imam Ayub Abdul Baki of the Islamic Leadership Council of New York delivered a speech saying, "We are also suffering, suffering racism and discrimination. Islamic bashing is on the increase." Baki held up a plaque with the "last sermon of the Prophet Mohammed," calling it "the eternal message of Islam to the world." Baki then discussed the sermon saying "all Muslims as well as non-Muslims should be familiar with this."

Baki's Leadership Council (Majlis Ash-Shura of Metropolitan New York) is an umbrella organization of mosques and Islamic organizations that claims to serve 850,000 Muslim New Yorkers and is "dedicated to bring Muslims on one platform." Among its members are the Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA)-NY and the Muslim American Society (MAS) Youth Center.

MAS was founded as the American chapter of the Muslim Brotherhood, while ICNA has a track record of radicalism and teaching its members violence and the evils of Jews and America. ICNA issued a press release earlier this month expressing support and sympathy for the OWS protestors.

The youth branch of the Muslim American Society (MAS) held an OWS gathering in Zuccotti Park in late October. "We, the members of Muslim American Society New York and Muslim New Yorkers stand in solidarity with the protesters of Occupy Wall Street on grounds of free speech, right to assemble and justice for all," the advertisement for the event said.

Hatem Bazian, the chairman of the anti-Israel organization American Muslims for Palestine, led a prayer service and delivered a speech late last month as part of Occupy Oakland. Bazian spoke about the amount of money the United States spends on the military, calling the United States "a deaf economy," and stating "We are the number one producers of weapons of mass destruction."

"Allah and his messenger are at war with those who exploit people through usury," CAIR-Michigan Executive Director Dawud Walid said Oct. 21 during a "Sermon about Occupy Wall St Movement & the death of Qadhafi" at a Michigan mosque. "And the world is hungry for this message. The financial and the housing crisis would not be what it is in America I believe, and even some non-Muslim economist wrote if the American financial system was working according to the Islamic banking system. This is a fact," he added.

Walid drew help from the Occupy Detroit movement to hold "Crusades Against Hate" on Nov. 11, which was intended to counter a prayer event being held that same day by an organization that CAIR regards as anti-Muslim.

Other groups have capitalized on the OWS movement to promote anti-Israel messages.

In addition to the Boston sit-in, protesters in Chicago repeated anti-Israel statements made on a megaphone by an Occupy Chicago leader: "The city of Chicago is guilty of supporting the Israelis." The speaker also announced two upcoming demonstrations to protest the "Israeli occupation of the Palestinian land."

Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP), an anti-Israel organization on college campuses across the country, joined an OWS protest last month during its 2011 conference, "Students Confronting Apartheid," at Columbia University.

Approximately 30 SJP students participating in the conference joined protesters at Wall Street, chanting "Occupy Wall Street, Palestine Must Be Free," while carrying Palestinian flags.

Since its inception, SJP chapters have campaigned for divestment from companies that work with Israel, which SJP categorizes as an apartheid state, and accuses of ethnic cleansing.

This month, activists from Adalah-NY, a radical group that organizes protests against Israeli artists and products, went to Zuccotti Park to read a statement advocating boycotts, divestment and sanctions against Israel.

"Our aspirations overlap; our struggles converge," the statement said. "Our oppressors, whether greedy corporations or military occupations, are united in profiting from wars, pillage, environmental destruction, repression and impoverishment … Palestinians, too, are part of the 99% around the world that suffer at the hands of the 1% whose greed and ruthless quest for hegemony have led to unspeakable suffering and endless war."

OWS protests also have served as a platform for individuals to make anti-Semitic statements.

"I think that the Zionist Jews, who are running these big banks and our Federal Reserve, which is not run by the federal government... they need to be run out of this country," an OWS protester in Los Angeles said.

The Emergency Committee for Israel released a video featuring anti-Semitic speech and signs at OWS protests. Signs include statements such as "Hitler's Bankers – Wall St.," and "Google: 1) Wall St. Jews 2) Jewish Billionaires 3) Jews & Fed Rsrv Bank." The video also calls on viewers to contact elected officials to take action against the hate speech.

The anti-Israel agenda associated with the OWS movement led "many Jewish supporters of OWS who do not identify as anti-Zionist" to believe "that they could no longer be associated with the movement," Daniel Sieradski, a Jewish OWS supporter said in an interview earlier this month. "Worse yet, there have been attempts to push Zionists out of the movement by claiming their support for Israel's mere existence is fundamentally racist and as such, they should not be part of any serious social justice movement."

One OWS protest organized by Existence is Resistance worsened the movement's "external impression of being pro-terror," Sieradski said. Existence is Resistance (E.I.R.) is a grassroots organization that promotes "non-violent resistance through cultural arts." E.I.R. hosted a "Kuffeya Day" at New York's Liberty Plaza late last month "in support of Palestinian prisoners, most significantly Majd Ziada." The photo featured alongside the event announcement is a picture of Leila Khaled, a member of the U.S. designated terrorist group the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine. During the event a man claiming to be from Afghanistan gave an anti-Semitic tirade, saying that "Yehudi" means "hateful thing." (Yehudi means "Jew" in Arabic).

It's a "Jewish idea to kill Muslims," he added, and that America and Israel are trying to kill Muslims.

Demonstrations like the above have nothing to do with OWS's frustrations with U.S. economic policies. But they show how Islamist groups are using the economic-driven movement to engender hostility toward Israel, and in some cases, toward Jews in general.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Obama Fundraiser and Ambassador Blames Israel for Anti-Semitism
« Reply #318 on: December 03, 2011, 01:36:06 PM »

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-fundraiser-and-ambassador-blames-israel-anti-semitism_610946.html

Obama Fundraiser and Ambassador Blames Israel for Anti-Semitism

1:22 PM, Dec 3, 2011 • By DANIEL HALPER

The U.S. ambassador to Belgium, Howard Gutman, recently told a conference hosted by the European Jewish Union that Israel is to blame for growing anti-Semitism harbored by people of Muslim faith.

Ambassador Howard Gutman

“A distinction should be made between traditional anti-Semitism, which should be condemned and Muslim hatred for Jews, which stems from the ongoing conflict between Israel and the Palestinians,” Gutman reportedly said, according to the Israeli newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth. “He also argued that an Israeli-Palestinian peace treaty will significantly diminish Muslim anti-Semitism.”

According to the account in the Israeli paper, “The legal experts at the event were visibly stunned by Gutman’s words, and the next speaker offered a scathing rebuttal to the envoy’s remarks.”

Gutman was a major fundraiser for President Obama’s 2008 election campaign. He bundled $500,000 for Obama, according to OpenSecrets.org, personally giving at least $2,300 to the campaign.

In 2009, Obama nominated Gutman, a Washington, D.C. attorney, to be ambassador to Belgium.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
I wonder who he was referring to.......
« Reply #319 on: December 06, 2011, 05:33:09 AM »
Media Mum? Jesse Jackson Tells of 'Non-Christian' Merchants Singing 'What a Friend We Have in Jesus'

By Mike Bates | December 04, 2011 | 18:52

On yesterday's Rainbow PUSH Saturday Morning Forum, broadcast nationally on the Word Network, Jesse Jackson spoke of Christmas.  The activist, 1984 and 1988 Democratic presidential candidate, and former Clinton spiritual adviser told (video here) of "non-Christian" merchants who "use Jesus to lure you in to Santa Claus's birthday party."  Here's what he said:

This (Christmas) is a holy day for the poor, not a holiday for the merchants.  I once heard some people that I know say that when Christmas Eve is over, they have midnight services in the back of their shops.  These were non-Christian people I was, they say we, say every December 24th around midnight we have, we close our shops and we're not Christian but we start singing "What a Friend We Have in Jesus." We use Jesus to lure you into Santa Claus's birthday party and unless you have the holiday spirit, which is his songs, his wine, and his stuff you're not welcome at the party of the man whose party it is.  This is, Christmas should be a poor people's holy day.

He then went on to say that Jesus was "born under the cloud of who is his Daddy?"

If Pat Robertson or any other former GOP presidential candidate had said something along these lines, you can bet it would have received considerable press coverage.  But this is Jesse Jackson, self-styled spokesman for the downtrodden and Leftist hero.  So he gets a pass from the mainstream media.

Christmas had been of particular interest to Jackson for many years.  In 1969, he announced his second "Black Christmas" boycott of white merchants.  According to the Chicago Tribune at the time, Jackson claimed his initiative would include "a parade and the appearance in Negro areas, hospitals, and jails of 'Soul Saint,' a black Santa Claus."

In their 1985 book "Jesse Jackson and the Politics of Race," authors Thomas Landess and Richard Quinn write of the Soul Saint "who, according to Jackson, came from the South Pole rather than the North Pole and lingered along the equator sufficiently to take up wearing a dashiki of black, with yellow, red and green trimmings — the colors of the flag of Ghana. Henceforth, the Soul Saint would preside over the season of Christmas, a black figure whose gifts were not toys or sugar plums but 'love, justice, peace, and power.'"

Who wants an iPhone as a gift when you can have love, justice, peace, and power instead?  Plus, you don't have to give your money to those non-Christian merchants who close their shops at midnight on Christmas Eve after a rough season of using Jesus to lure you into Santa Claus's birthday party.  Sounds like a win-win for the Rev.  But don't expect to see a story about it on network or cable news anytime soon.   

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mike-bates/2011/12/04/jesse-jackson-tells-non-christian-merchants-singing-what-friend-we-have-

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 06, 2011, 05:48:59 AM »
The argument made by Baraq's ambassador to Belgium can be pithily undone simply by pointing to what is happening to Christians in Egypt, Iraq, and elsewhere in the Muslim world. 

In conversation with people who have inhaled the pravda meme about Israel being equally at fault etc.  I have found this to be an effective point for persuasion.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 06, 2011, 08:31:43 AM »
""non-Christian" merchants who "use Jesus to lure you in to Santa Claus's birthday party." 

GM, JJ was of course referring to Hindu, Muslim, and Buddhist "merchants".

I mean - not Jews -

I offer the challenge again. If anyone has heard any prominent Black say anything really protective or good in general about the Jews please let me know.  Of course all Balcks are not anti semites.  I am talking about the ones we see in the media for years.  The Jacksons, Sharptons, Waters, and the other well publicized "civil rights" leaders.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Anti-semitism & Jews and NPR and OWS
« Reply #322 on: December 07, 2011, 07:47:15 AM »
http://www.chequerboard.org/2011/12/national-public-radio-falls-down-on-the-job/

National Public Radio Falls Down On the Job

by Pejman Yousefzadeh on December 6, 2011

I sent the following e-mail to NPR today; the only changes that I have made to it for the purposes of this post is to embed links in the text:

As a monthly donor to my local NPR station (WBEZ), as a Jew, and as a human being, I was outraged when during the course of his interview with Robert Siegel, Kalle Lasn, one of the organizers behind the Occupy movement, cheerfully admitted to having conducted something of a one-man census to see how many members of the neoconservative movement are Jewish. I was even more outraged when Robert Siegel refused to challenge Lasn by asking how and why any attempt to quantify the number of Jews in the neoconservative movement is a legitimate exercise.

For the record, Lasn’s attempt to quantify “the Jewishness of the necons” (his words) occurred way back in 2004, and his tract was titled “Why won’t anyone say they are Jewish?” A better question is “Who cares whether or not they are?” Neoconservative arguments, taken individually or as a whole, are either right or wrong. The “Jewishness”–or lack thereof–of the people making those arguments should make no difference whatsoever in any discussion concerning neoconservative thought, and to most people, it indeed makes no difference whatsoever. It only matters to anti-Semites like Lasn, who think that by counting the number of Jews allegedly in influential positions, he will uncover the secrets to the workings of the universe. In his tract, Lasn also sought to slime and smear his targets by saying that they “do not distinguish enough between American and Israeli interests.” This dual-loyalty canard is a common anti-Semitic accusation, and it should have been called out for the vile and revolting piece of rhetorical garbage that it was, and is.

Alas, Robert Siegel made only passing reference to Lasn’s disgusting and despicable bigoted views, and did nothing whatsoever to take Lasn to task for them. I accept that in order to keep our First Amendment vibrant, we must at times tolerate the airing of speech that should and does sicken those with more enlightened sensibilities. But the same First Amendment that gives anti-Semites like Lasn the right to broadcast his nonsensical and offensive statements gives Siegel the right to challenge those statements with better, smarter speech. Too bad that Siegel proved himself entirely incapable of taking Lasn on by providing the better speech that listeners like me hoped he would respond with, and striking a blow against one of the oldest forms of bigotry around.

I will only add that since it seemed to be perfectly fair to detractors of the Tea Party to judge the movement by the actions of a few dimwits at rallies, and the presence of a few offensive signs, it should also be perfectly fair to judge the Occupy movement by one of its chief gurus; and the noxious ideas he embraces. Sauce for the goose, and all that.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 07, 2011, 09:32:16 AM »
I can't say I am offended in the same vein.  I have noted how many Jews are involved in the political and social and economic and cultural liberalism over the years.  As well as the journolist.

I would say the ratio of Jews who are liberal vs "neo" cons (whatever exactly that means) is probably on the order of ten to one.

Pointing out the obvious is not bigoted.  It is truth. 

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 07, 2011, 09:41:31 AM »
Yes, tis true, but I sense here that the purpose of pointing it out is to make the divided loyalities aspersion, one which is not often made with regard to Chinese-Americans, Cuban-Americans, Puerto Rican-Americans, Mexican-Americans, etc. 

A consistent standard in these things would be a good thing.  An inconsistent standard poses ugly questions.

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 26, 2011, 08:58:18 AM »
I agree fully with Crafty's last statement.  Btw - I'm speaking as a Christian.  I'm interested in forum members' opinions regarding my next post here.
"You have enemies?  Good.  That means that you have stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill.

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
Ron Paul's Insanity...
« Reply #326 on: December 26, 2011, 09:01:57 AM »
Important information regarding Ron Paul, written by a former staffer.  I'm curious to know what others here think about whether there is in fact a meaningful distinction between "Anti-Zionist" or "Anti-Israel" and "Anti-Jew."  I'm not certain that such a distinction exists in any meaningful form:

Statement from fmr. Ron Paul staffer on Newsletters, Anti-Semitism
Written By : Eric Dondero

Fmr. Senior Aide, US Cong. Ron Paul, 1997 – 2003
Campaign Coordinator, Ron Paul for Congress, 1995/96
National Organizer, Draft Ron Paul for President, 1991/92
Travel Aide/Personal Asst. Ron Paul, Libertarian for President
1987/88

I have been asked by various media the last few days for my comments, view of the current situation regarding my former boss Ron Paul, as he runs for the presidency on the Republican ticket.

I’ve noticed in some media that my words have been twisted and used for an agenda from both sides. And I wish to set the record straight with media that I trust and know will get the story right: conservative/libertarian-conservative bloggers.

Is Ron Paul a “racist.” In short, No. I worked for the man for 12 years, pretty consistently. I never heard a racist word expressed towards Blacks or Jews come out of his mouth. Not once. And understand, I was his close personal assistant. It’s safe to say that I was with him on the campaign trail more than any other individual, whether it be traveling to Fairbanks, Alaska or Boston, Massachusetts in the presidential race, or across the congressional district to San Antonio or Corpus Christi, Texas.

He has frequently hired blacks for his office staff, starting as early as 1988 for the Libertarian campaign. He has also hired many Hispanics, including his current District staffer Dianna Gilbert-Kile.

One caveat: He is what I would describe as “out of touch,” with both Hispanic and Black culture. Ron is far from being the hippest guy around. He is completely clueless when it comes to Hispanic and Black culture, particularly Mexican-American culture. And he is most certainly intolerant of Spanish and those who speak strictly Spanish in his presence, (as are a number of Americans, nothing out of the ordinary here.)

Is Ron Paul an Anti-Semite? Absolutely No. As a Jew, (half on my mother’s side), I can categorically say that I never heard anything out of his mouth, in hundreds of speeches I listened too over the years, or in my personal presence that could be called, “Anti-Semite.” No slurs. No derogatory remarks.

He is however, most certainly Anti-Israel, and Anti-Israeli in general. He wishes the Israeli state did not exist at all. He expressed this to me numerous times in our private conversations. His view is that Israel is more trouble than it is worth, specifically to the America taxpayer. He sides with the Palestinians, and supports their calls for the abolishment of the Jewish state, and the return of Israel, all of it, to the Arabs.

Again, American Jews, Ron Paul has no problem with. In fact, there were a few Jews in our congressional district, and Ron befriended them with the specific intent of winning their support for our campaign. (One synagogue in Victoria, and tiny one in Wharton headed by a well-known Jewish lawyer).

On the incident that’s being talked about in some blog media about the campaign manager directing me to a press conference of our opponent Lefty Morris in Victoria to push back on Anti-Jewish charges from the Morris campaign, yes, that did happen. The Victoria Advocate described the press conference very accurately. Yes, I was asked (not forced), to attend the conference dressed in a Jewish yarlmuke, and other Jewish adornments.

There was another incident when Ron finally agreed to a meeting with Houston Jewish Young Republicans at the Freeport office. He berated them, and even shouted at one point, over their un-flinching support for Israel. So, much so, that the 6 of them walked out of the office. I was left chasing them down the hallway apologizing for my boss.

Is Ron Paul a homo-phobe? Well, yes and no. He is not all bigoted towards homosexuals. He supports their rights to do whatever they please in their private lives. He is however, personally uncomfortable around homosexuals, no different from a lot of older folks of his era.

There were two incidents that I will cite, for the record. One that involved me directly, and another that involved another congressional staffer or two.

(I am revealing this for the very first time, and I’m sure Jim Peron will be quite surprised to learn this.)

In 1988, Ron had a hardcore Libertarian supporter, Jim Peron, Owner of Laissez Faire Books in San Francisco. Jim set up a magnificent 3-day campaign swing for us in the SF Bay Area. Jim was what you would call very openly Gay. But Ron thought the world of him. For 3 days we had a great time trouncing from one campaign event to another with Jim’s Gay lover. The atmosphere was simply jovial between the four of us. (As an aside we also met former Cong. Pete McCloskey during this campaign trip.) We used Jim’s home/office as a “base.” Ron pulled me aside the first time we went there, and specifically instructed me to find an excuse to excuse him to a local fast food restaurant so that he could use the bathroom. He told me very clearly, that although he liked Jim, he did not wish to use his bathroom facilities. I chided him a bit, but he sternly reacted, as he often did to me, Eric, just do what I say. Perhaps “sternly” is an understatement. Ron looked at me directly, and with a very angry look in his eye, and shouted under his breath: “Just do what I say NOW.”

The second incident involved one or two other staffers many years later at the BBQ in Surfside Beach. I was not in direct presence of the incident. But another top staffer, and I believe one of our secretaries, was witnessed to it. This top staffer adores Ron, but was extremely insulted by his behavior, I would even say flabbergasted to the point of considering resigning from his staff over it.

“Bobby,” a well-known and rather flamboyant and well-liked gay man in Freeport came to the BBQ. Let me stress Ron likes Bobby personally, and Bobby was a hardcore campaign supporter. But after his speech, at the Surfside pavilion Bobby came up to Ron with his hand extended, and according to my fellow staffer, Ron literally swatted his hand away.

Again, let me stress. I would not categorize that as “homo-phobic,” but rather just unsettled by being around gays personally. Ron, like many folks his age, very much supports toleration, but chooses not to be around gays on a personal level. It’s a personal choice. And though, it may seem offensive to some, he has every right in my mind to feel and act that way.

Finally, let me make a couple observations. The liberal media is ferociously attacking Ron this morning, on everything from the Newsletters to his various PACs. I’m amused at how off-base they all are. If they are looking for something that went un-explained after many years, it’s the Nadia Hayes incident from the end of the presidential campaign in 1988. I personally am still a little ticked off by this, and surprised that nobody has ever followed up on it. In brief, Nadia was Ron’s longtime business/campaign manager in the 1980s. On the very last day of the presidential campaign, attorneys, accountants, and even Nassau Bay police dept. investigation officials stormed into our campaign office, sealed everything off, rushed us campaign staffers into the storeroom (literally), and for hours on end ruffled through the entire campaign records, file cabinets, and other papers.

Lew Rockwell and Burton Blumert were there too. We were greatly surprised by this. Nadia was eventually convicted of embezzlement and went to jail for 6 months, plus had to pay $140,000 in restitution to Ron.

There were rumors at the time, and long thereafter, that Lew and Burt had pinned it all on Nadia, and that they had their own reasons for the “coup.” For years afterwards, Rockwell, and Blumert had complete control of Ron’s enterprises through Jean McIver and (former JBS/Jesse Helms fundraiser) David “James” Mertz of northern Virginia.

It was easy to pin it all on Nadia. She lived extravagantly, and her husband who owned a boat repair business in Clear Lake, had recently had some serious financial problems.

Nadia never resurfaced, and was never heard from again.

I will attest, that when campaign consultant Tony Payton died of heart failure, in 2002 I believe, I specifically asked Ron if I could look Nadia up, and contact her to let her know that her longtime friend had died, and he reacted sternly to me, expressing that he did not want me to do that, and if I did, there would be serious consequences. I was shocked. And this was one of the reasons I eventually left his staff.

On one other matter, I’d like to express in the strongest terms possible, that the liberal media are focusing in on entirely the wrong aspects regarding controversies on Ron Paul.

It’s his foreign policy that’s the problem; not so much some stupid and whacky things on race and gays he may have said or written in the past.

Ron Paul is most assuredly an isolationist. He denies this charge vociferously. But I can tell you straight out, I had countless arguments/discussions with him over his personal views. For example, he strenuously does not believe the United States had any business getting involved in fighting Hitler in WWII. He expressed to me countless times, that “saving the Jews,” was absolutely none of our business. When pressed, he often times brings up conspiracy theories like FDR knew about the attacks of Pearl Harbor weeks before hand, or that WWII was just “blowback,” for Woodrow Wilson’s foreign policy errors, and such.

I would challenge him, like for example, what about the instances of German U-boats attacking U.S. ships, or even landing on the coast of North Carolina or Long Island, NY. He’d finally concede that that and only that was reason enough to counter-attack against the Nazis, not any humanitarian causes like preventing the Holocaust.

There is much more information I could give you on the sheer lunacy of his foreign policy views. Let me just concentrate on one in specific. And I will state this with absolute certainty:

Ron Paul was opposed to the War in Afghanistan, and to any military reaction to the attacks of 9/11.

He did not want to vote for the resolution. He immediately stated to us staffers, me in particular, that Bush/Cheney were going to use the attacks as a precursor for “invading” Iraq. He engaged in conspiracy theories including perhaps the attacks were coordinated with the CIA, and that the Bush administration might have known about the attacks ahead of time. He expressed no sympathies whatsoever for those who died on 9/11, and pretty much forbade us staffers from engaging in any sort of memorial expressions, or openly asserting pro-military statements in support of the Bush administration.

On the eve of the vote, Ron Paul was still telling us staffers that he was planning to vote “No,” on the resolution, and to be prepared for a seriously negative reaction in the District. Jackie Gloor and I, along with quiet nods of agreement from the other staffers in the District, declared our intentions to Tom Lizardo, our Chief of Staff, and to each other, that if Ron voted No, we would immediately resign.

Ron was “under the spell” of left-anarchist and Lew Rockwell associate Joe Becker at the time, who was our legislative director. Norm Singleton, another Lew Rockwell fanatic agreed with Joe. All other staffers were against Ron, Joe and Norm on this, including Lizardo. At the very last minute Ron switched his stance and voted “Yay,” much to the great relief of Jackie and I. He never explained why, but I strongly suspected that he realized it would have been political suicide; that staunchly conservative Victoria would revolt, and the Republicans there would ensure that he would not receive the nomination for the seat in 2002. Also, as much as I like to think that it was my yelling and screaming at Ron, that I would publicly resign if he voted “No,” I suspect it had a lot more to do with Jackie’s threat, for she WAS Victoria. And if Jackie bolted, all of the Victoria conservatives would immediately turn on Ron, and it wouldn’t be pretty.

If you take anything from this lengthy statement, I would hope that it is this final story about the Afghanistan vote, that the liberal media chooses to completely ignore, because it doesn’t fit their template, is what you will report.

If Ron Paul should be slammed for anything, it’s not some silly remarks he’s made in the past in his Newsletters. It’s over his simply outrageously horrendous views on foreign policy, Israel, and national security for the United States. His near No vote on Afghanistan. That is the big scandal. And that is what should be given 100 times more attention from the liberal media, than this Newsletter deal.

Eric Dondero, Publisher
LibertarianRepublican.net

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-semitism & Jews - John Maynard Keynes
« Reply #327 on: January 02, 2012, 10:41:36 AM »
"[Jews] have in them deep-rooted instincts that are antagonistic and therefore repulsive to the European, and their presence among us is a living example of the insurmountable difficulties that exist in merging race characteristics, in making cats love dogs …"

"It is not agreeable to see civilization so under the ugly thumbs of its impure Jews who have all the money and the power and brains."

http://ejournals.library.ualberta.ca/index.php/pi/article/viewFile/1591/1117

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Bulgarian heroism
« Reply #328 on: February 08, 2012, 09:05:00 AM »
This comes to me without citation:
==============================

A great many Jews know the story of how the Danes rescued 8,000 Jews from the Nazi's by smuggling them to Sweden in fishing boats.

Very few Jews, know the story of how all 50,000 Bulgarian Jews were saved. Not a single Bulgarian Jew was deported to the death camps, due to the heroism of many Bulgarians of every walk of life, up to and including the King and the Patriarch of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church.

In 1999, Abraham Foxman, the National Director of the Anti Defamation League flew with a delegation to Sophia to meet the Bulgarian Prime Minister. He gave the Prime Minister the first Bulgarian language copy of a remarkable book, "Beyond Hitler's Grasp," written in 1998, by Michael Bar Oar, a professor at Emory University . (A Bulgarian Jew who had migrated to Israel and then to the USA ).

This book documents the rescue effort in detail. The ADL paid for and shipped 30,000 copies to Bulgaria , so that the population could partake in the joy of learning about this heroic facet of their history.

This story is clearly the last great secret of the Holocaust era. The story was buried by the Bulgarian Communists, until their downfall in 1991. All records were sealed, since they didn't wish to glorify the King, or the Church, or the non Communist parliamentarians, who at great personal risk, stood up to the Germans. And the Bulgarian Jewish Community, 45,000 of whom went to Israel after the War, were busy building new lives, and somehow the story remained untold.

Bulgaria is a small country and at the outset of the War they had 8 million people. They aligned themselves with the Nazi's in hopes of recapturing Macedonia from Yugoslavia and Thrace from Greece . Both provinces were stripped from them, after W.W.I.  In late 1942 the Jews of Selonica were shipped north through Bulgaria , on the way to the death camps, in sealed box cars. The news of this inhumanity was a hot topic of conversation. Then, at the beginning of 1943, the pro Nazi Bulgarian government was informed that all 50,000 Bulgarian Jews would be deported in March. The Jews had been made to wear yellow stars and were highly visible.

As the date for the deportation got closer, the agitation got greater. Forty-three ruling party members of Parliament walked out in protest. Newspapers denounced what was about to happen. In addition, the Patriarch of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church, Archbishop Krill, threatened to lie down on the railroad tracks. Finally, King Boris III forbade the deportation. Since Bulgaria was an ally of Germany , and the Germans were stretched militarily, they had to wrestle with the problem of how much pressure they could afford to apply. They decided to pass.

Several points are noteworthy. The Bulgarian Jews were relatively unreligious and did not stand apart from the local populace by virtue of garb, or rites. They were relatively poor by comparison to Jews in other countries, and they lived in integrated neighbor-hoods. Additionally, the Bulgarians had many minorities, Armenians, Turks, Greeks, and Gypsies, in addition to Jews.

There was no concept of racism in that culture. The bottom line here is that Bulgarians saw Bulgarian-Jews as Bulgarians, and not as Jews. And, being a small country, like Denmark , where there was a closeness of community that is often missing in larger countries. So, here was a bright spot that we can point to as example of what should have been.

The most famous of those saved was a young graduate of the Bulgarian Military Academy . When he arrived in Israel , he changed his name to Moshe Dayan.....

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 08, 2012, 02:04:21 PM »
great story - thanks.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Muslims butcher muslims, and no one cares
« Reply #330 on: February 08, 2012, 02:07:28 PM »
I'd just like to point out the lack of global outrage at the horrors in Syria.

Ah, if only the joooooOOOOooooooos could be blamed, then there would be endless protests.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Why Jews get ahead
« Reply #331 on: February 20, 2012, 12:32:54 PM »
Bill Gates (about as Goyish as anybody can be) advertised for a new chairman
of Microsoft Europe. 5,000 candidates show up at the job screening. They are
assembled in a large room. Among them is Maurice Cohen, a French Jew, a
small, bearded, speckled man.

Bill Gates thanks the candidates for coming but asks all those who are not
familiar with the JAVA programming language to leave; 2,000 people rise and
leave the room.

Maurice Cohen says to himself, "I do not know this language but what have I
got to lose if I stay? I'll give it a try".

Bill Gates then asks all those who have no experience of managing teams of
more than 100 people to leave. Another 2,000 people go.

Maurice Cohen says to himself, "I have never managed anybody but myself but
what have I got to lose if I stay? What can happen to me?"

Then Bill Gates asks all candidates who do not have outstanding academic
qualifications to rise and leave; 500 people remove themselves.

Maurice Cohen says to himself, "I left school at 15 but what have I got to
lose if I stay? So he stays in the room.

Lastly, Bill Gates asks all of the candidates who do not speak the
Serbo-Croat language to rise and leave; 498 people rise and leave the room.

Maurice Cohen says himself, "I do not speak Serbo-Croat but what the hell!
Have I got anything to lose?" He finds himself alone with one other
candidate.

Everyone else has gone. Bill Gates joins them and says: "Apparently you are
the only two candidates who know JAVA, have managed large teams of
employees, have advanced PhD degrees, and who can speak Serbo-Croatian. I'd
like to hear you converse with one another in Serbo-Croatian."

Calmly Maurice turns to the other candidate and says to him: "Baruch ata
Adonai."
The other candidate answers: "Elohénu melech ha'olam

Rachel

• Power User
    • View Profile
Never Again!
« Reply #332 on: February 23, 2012, 09:33:37 AM »
My father and my wife’s mother both turn 90. Not that unusual in the twenty first century when miracle drugs and modern hygiene contribute remarkably to longevity. But remarkable, nevertheless, in this instance. Both are holocaust survivors.

My father was a teenager when the Nazis murdered his parents in front of his eyes. He lost his two brothers and three sisters in the horrors of the death camps. Miraculously escaping the camp by smuggling guns in, he spent the rest of his teenage years fighting Nazis as a partisan in the forests of Poland.  There he befriended a young man in the Polish resistance who was destined to become Pope John Paul II.

Continue Reading-- http://www.spiritgrowjosefkrysscenter.org/blog/laibls/never-again

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
A Jew-Free Europe
« Reply #333 on: March 25, 2012, 06:29:06 AM »
For future reference, pasting GM's post on European Matters thread here as well.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/03/23/a-jew-free-europe/

A Jew-Free Europe

The specter of A Jew-Free Europe has been raised again in this chilling post-Toulouse oped by Giulio Meotti:

A new exodus from the Diaspora could now take place. In the past few years, the number of French Jews immigrating to Israel has doubled. Hundreds of French Jews have bought apartments in Israel. It’s their “pied-a-terre” in case the situation gets darker in Europe.

According to the statistics available, due to aliyah and assimilation, French Jewry is projected to experience a dramatic decline from 520,000 in 2000, to 480,000 in 2020, to 380,000 in 2050, and to 300,000 by 2080. The Jewish population in the United Kingdom will also decline to 240,000 in 2020, 180,000 in 2050, and 140,000 in 2080.

Why the rise European anti-Semitism after the Holocaust? Meotti continues:

To quote psychiatrist Zvi Rex: “Europe will never forgive the Jews for Auschwitz.” Europe doesn’t want to live under the psychological burden of Auschwitz forever. The Jews are living reminders of the moral failure of Europe. This leads to the projection of guilt on Israel and the remaining European Jews.

No question.

[I wonder how Peter Beinart feels about that?-ed. He doesn't.]

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
The L.A. Times Should Release the Khalidi Tape for Passover
« Reply #334 on: April 05, 2012, 10:30:34 AM »
http://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2012/04/04/the-l-a-times-should-release-the-khalidi-tape-for-passover/?singlepage=true

The L.A. Times Should Release the Khalidi Tape for Passover

April 4, 2012 - 11:07 pm - by Roger L Simon

Passover 2012, which starts at sunset Friday, will not be a particularly auspicious one for the Jewish people.

Despite being superficially strong in many ways, Israel — the sole Jewish state — and Jews in general face more determined opposition than they have at any time since World War II.  From terrorists in the South of France to professors at Boston’s Northeastern University, anti-Semitism is rife. Meanwhile, Iran, which repeatedly calls for the extermination of Israel, draws ever closer to nuclear weapons capability. And the once vaunted “Arab Spring” has turned into the darkest of winters with Egypt morphing into its own Sunni version of a Khomeinist Islamist autocracy with women in veils, Christians attacked, homosexuals jailed, and the peace treaty forged at Camp David fragile as a potato chip.

But have no fear. Our president “has Israel’s back.” Or so he says.

Others, of course, feel differently. Mindful of his odd behavior beginning when he was a candidate and promised to move the US Embassy to Jerusalem but took it back the next day, to his disrespect (both public and private) for Israel’s prime minister, preferring, as he does, Turkey’s quasi-Islamist leader, to the curious fact that virtually the only country in the Middle East (other than war-torn Syria) that this peripatetic president has yet to visit is Israel, one could easily be skeptical of Obama’s sympathy for the Jewish state.

At this moment, he and his minions seem to be doing their level best to rein in Israel vis-à-vis Iran, making sure Netanyahu & Co. dare not act for their own self-preservation without the approval of their powerful U.S. ally, an approval that is unlikely to be forthcoming – the most recent example being the leak of a possible Israeli military alliance with Azerbaijan.

So it’s hard not to see Obama as, to be polite, ambivalent toward the Jewish state; to be impolite, one could call his attitude passive-aggressive, with all the semi-conscious hostile intent that diagnosis implies.

And, to continue in that vein, plenty of clinical evidence exists, several old friendships, that would lead one to think Obama might be, again consciously or unconsciously, deeply antagonistic to Israel, because these old friends had attitudes toward Zionism as adverse as the appalling Holocaust–denying professoriate at Northeastern.

Which leads me to the Los Angeles Times and the Khalidi tapes.

I wrote in April 2010:

Rashid Khalidi — a Palestinian-American historian known for his strong pro-Palestinian opinions — is currently the Edward Said Professor of Modern Arab Studies at Columbia and director of that university’s Middle East Institute. After Khalidi received this Columbia appointment in 2003, a farewell dinner party was held in his honor in Chicago. A videotape was made of that party where many good things were said about the Palestinian cause and many bad things about Israel. Then Illinois state Sen. Barack Obama was in attendance, as were, some say, William Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn.

That tape was given at some point by an unknown person to Peter Wallsten of the Los Angeles Times. Wallsten then reported on some of its contents in a brief LAT article of April 10, 2008 titled “Allies of Palestinians see a friend in Obama.”

Perhaps because it was so attenuated, that article engendered a cry for the release of the full tape. What really happened at the party? What was said? How did Obama react? People wanted to know more details of the Middle East views of the presidential candidate. But the LAT was effectively mum and sequestered the tape in its safe.

In response to a charge of suppression of information by the McCain campaign, the paper’s editor Russ Stanton said:

“The Los Angeles Times did not publish the videotape because it was provided to us by a confidential source who did so on the condition that we not release it. The Times keeps its promises to sources.”

Was this an oral promise made by the paper or by the reporter? Or was there a written agreement, as would be more proper and normal in such circumstances? The Times has not told us, nor have they produced a written agreement of any sort, even without the source’s name. We don’t know either whether a transcription is proscribed.

They have told us almost nothing. We have to take this all on faith, just as we do this risible comment by the paper’s “readers’ representative”Jamie Gold, quoted in the same article with Stanton:

“More than six months ago the Los Angeles Times published a detailed account of the events shown on the videotape. The Times is not suppressing anything. Just the opposite — the L.A. Times brought the matter to light.”

Detailed? Brought the matter to light? I am tempted to use the tired Internet acronym ROFLOL. But let’s examine Wellsten’s original article instead. It begins:

It was a celebration of Palestinian culture — a night of music, dancing and a dash of politics. Local Arab Americans were bidding farewell to Rashid Khalidi, an internationally known scholar, critic of Israel and advocate for Palestinian rights, who was leaving town for a job in New York.

A special tribute came from Khalidi’s friend and frequent dinner companion, the young state Sen. Barack Obama. Speaking to the crowd, Obama reminisced about meals prepared by Khalidi’s wife, Mona, and conversations that had challenged his thinking.

His many talks with the Khalidis, Obama said, had been “consistent reminders to me of my own blind spots and my own biases. . . . It’s for that reason that I’m hoping that, for many years to come, we continue that conversation — a conversation that is necessary not just around Mona and Rashid’s dinner table,” but around “this entire world.”

And? Well, that’s about it. Wellsten doesn’t tell us much more from the videotape or the party other than:

a young Palestinian American recited a poem accusing the Israeli government of terrorism in its treatment of Palestinians and sharply criticizing U.S. support of Israel. If Palestinians cannot secure their own land, she said, “then you will never see a day of peace.”

One speaker likened “Zionist settlers on the West Bank” to Osama bin Laden, saying both had been “blinded by ideology.”

That’s it. No word of the details of how Obama reacted or what he really said, other than the short quote above.

Interestingly, that sole Obama remark, as reported by Wallsten, contains an ellipsis in the middle. After the then-state senator says the Khalidis had given him “consistent reminders to me of my own blind spots and my own biases” comes a strategically placed dot-dot-dot. We don’t know what those blind spots and biases were and what he might have thought of them. Or how he might have changed. That, in Wallsten’s or some Times editors’ judgment, was best left on the tape.

So what are we to think? We have an administration that not only ascribes most of the Middle East blame to Israel, but also has banned “Islamism” and all related words, even “Islam” and “jihad,” from our national security documents. They’re completely gone. Indeed, even the Fort Hood massacre, so clearly inspired by Islamic extremism, has now been shifted into the comfortable category of the lone, angry killer.

That was what I wrote roughly two years ago. I also wrote a polite request for the Los Angeles Times to release the tape in the public interest. Not surprisingly, there was no reply, public or private, although I have written for the paper on several occasions (full disclosure: not recently).

Meanwhile, Passovers have come and gone and Barack Obama is running for a second term, making the usual play for the usually reliable Jewish vote, courting AIPAC and so forth, telling people what they want to hear.

But is that what he really thinks and how he will act in the moments of crisis almost certainly ahead?

Because of Iran, the relationship between the U.S. and Israel is more than ever a life or death matter – and a lynch pin in the global struggle for Western civilization.

Is too much to ask the Los Angeles Times – the hometown paper of the city with the fourth largest Jewish population in the word – bigger even than Jerusalem – finally release the Khalidi tapes for Passover 2012?

I am skeptical that they would have the courage but I will force myself to remain hopeful.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
The new civility
« Reply #335 on: April 06, 2012, 02:15:13 PM »

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-races/220295-connecticut-dem-lobs-insults-in-senate-debate

Murphy called 'whore' in Dem debate

By Josh Lederman - 04/06/12 10:07 AM ET

Rep. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) was called a "whore" by a primary opponent during Thursday night's debate for Connecticut's open Senate seat.

Lee Whitnum, who is mounting her second bid for the Senate in Connecticut, blasted Murphy over his support for Israel, the New Haven Register reported.

“I’m dealing with a whore here who sells his soul to AIPAC, who will say anything for the job,” Whitnum said, referring to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee.

Whitnum said anti-American sentiment worldwide could be cured if the federal government were to prosecute U.S. settlers who “go to Israel and maim or kill in the Promised Land.” She also called for the elimination of U.S. aid to Israel.

“The Jewish community has always taken care of its own,” she said.

In another exchange, Whitnum said another candidate, state Rep. William Tong (D), was “ignorant.”

This isn’t the first time Whitnum has raised eyebrows over her stance on Israel. She made her critique of AIPAC a centerpiece of her 2010 bid for former Sen. Chris Dodd’s (D-Conn.) seat, but lost in the primary to now-Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.).

Whitnum has also written a book entitled “Anti-AIPAC Not Anti-Semitic: The Israel Lobby's Dangerous Control of Congress.”

Whitnum was not invited to the first Senate debate in March and sued unsuccessfully to be a part of it.

“I’d advocated for all the candidates to be a part of these debates, and I might think twice about that with that kind of awful language being used on the airwaves,” Murphy said after the second debate.

Murphy and former Connecticut Secretary of State Susan Bysiewicz are the leading contenders in the Democratic primary for retiring Sen. Joe Lieberman’s (I-Conn.) seat. On the Republican side, wrestling mogul Linda McMahon and former Rep. Chris Shays (R-Conn.) are fighting for the GOP nomination.

The Hill rates this race as likely Democratic.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
European Anti-Semitism: It’s Not Just France
« Reply #336 on: April 16, 2012, 06:45:21 PM »
http://blogs.the-american-interest.com/wrm/2012/04/15/european-anti-semitism-its-not-just-france/

April 15, 2012

European Anti-Semitism: It’s Not Just France

It’s easy and comforting to dismiss the recent wave of anti-semitic hate crimes sweeping France as a continental outlier–an exception to the rule of European tolerance.

It’s also wrong.

Take Malmö, Sweden, for example, a city whose mayor has taken to blaming Jews for their own persecution:

The store window had been smashed many times before. The shoe-repair shop is located in one of the rougher parts of Malmö, Sweden, and the Jewish owner, a native of the city, had gotten used to this sort of vandalism. But in the spring of 2004, a group of immigrants just under the age of 15—too young to be prosecuted by Swedish law—walked into the store yelling about “damn Jews.” The owner was hit in the face by one of the boys. Yasha, an 85-year-old customer…was struck in the back of his head…“I left Poland to get away from anti-Semitism,” he later told the police. “But at least there I never experienced any violence. That only happened to me here, in Sweden.”

…But Malmö’s mayor of 17 years, Ilmar Reepalu, has “Tourettes syndrome with respect to Jews,” according to Kvällsposten, a Swedish newspaper… When a journalist from the Malmö daily Skånska Dagbladet asked him in January 2010 about growing anti-Semitism in his city, he replied, “We accept neither anti-Semitism nor Zionism in Malmö.” His reaction to the fact that Jews are leaving his city because of anti-Semitism was to maintain that “there have been no attacks against Jews, and if Jews want to leave for Israel that is not a concern for Malmö.” In an interview with Danish television in March 2010, he described criticism about his statements regarding Jews and Zionism as an attack orchestrated by “the Israeli lobby.”

Read the entire harrowing account in Tablet Magazine. The author skillfully illustrates the toxic mix that has infected Sweden–a combination of extremist Muslim anti-semitism, failed integration of young immigrants from the Middle East and North Africa, and feckless elites who prefer to wring their hands over stoking potential Islamophobia rather than condemn and combat actual anti-Semitism.

In his Passover greeting, President Obama reminded the American people that “The story of the Exodus is thousands of years old, but it remains as relevant as ever. Throughout our history, there are those who have targeted the Jewish people for harm – a fact we were so painfully reminded of just a few weeks ago in Toulouse.” Obama is right to connect the persecution of the Jewish past to the persecution of its present. We must remain ever vigilant about the world’s oldest prejudice, lest history repeat itself.

If a gang of white American thugs attacked African-Americans, and defended their action on the ground that they were protesting Robert Mugabe’s seizure of white-owned farms in Zimbabwe, the world would laugh at their foolishness even as it condemned their bigotry. This isn’t quite how it works when goons around the world attack Jews and Jewish buildings and defend themselves by saying that they are angered by things the Israeli government has done. Efforts are made to ‘understand’ the perpetrators even as their actions are condemned. Somehow these events are seen as justifying, even requiring tough diplomatic measures against Israel — rather than demanding aggressive programs of civic education aimed at confronting the psychology of hate.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 16, 2012, 06:52:39 PM »
I will be visiting Dachau this week :cry: :cry: :cry:

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Dachau
« Reply #338 on: April 18, 2012, 04:07:09 PM »
I spent about four hours there today. 

A very powerful experience, , , :cry: :cry: :cry:

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
More OWS anti-semitism
« Reply #339 on: April 21, 2012, 09:04:35 AM »
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/04/more-anti-semitism-at-occupy-wall-street.php
Posted on April 20, 2012 by John Hinderaker in The sick left

More Anti-Semitism at Occupy Wall Street

Anti-Semitism is just one of many unsavory aspects of the Occupy Wall Street movement, but it helps to explain why mainstream Democrats have quietly dropped the “Occupy” crowd like a hot potato. We have documented several anti-Jewish incidents since the Occupy movement began; there was another one on the organization’s Facebook page yesterday, on Holocaust Remembrance Day. I am not sure how long this cartoon stayed up; long enough, anyway, to garner 54 “likes” at the time the screen shot was taken:

The cartoon makes no sense, of course–two organizations that Jews (here, Israelis, apparently) definitely don’t control are the U.N. and the Obama administration–but when did bigotry ever demand logic?

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 21, 2012, 09:27:04 AM »
"but it helps to explain why mainstream Democrats have quietly dropped the “Occupy” crowd like a hot potato"

I haven't heard this before.  Why in the world Jewish Dems at least would not drop Obama the same way is beyond me.
But then again as noted multiple times their support of the Dem party is also based on warped logic.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Wikipedia tends to confirm the previous post
« Reply #341 on: May 30, 2012, 05:20:59 PM »
For centuries Poland was indeed tolerant of Jews.   As in the rest of post WW1 Europe antisemitism grew but it still appears to have been less than in other countries druing WW2.   So it appears disparaging memories of Poles from people who knew holocaust survivors that I heard growing up were anecdotal and not a fair representation of the population:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_Poland
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 05:23:53 PM by ccp »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 30, 2012, 08:05:38 PM »
"some did hold thumbs up watching Jews pass by on trains to death camps" - comment below

"For centuries Poland was indeed tolerant of Jews."  - agree.

It was just movie but one thing I took from Schindler's List was that even people in the line were not fully aware of what was happening.  The crime was so horrendous the victims couldn't comprehend it.  Who knows what an outward sign of approval meant.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 31, 2012, 07:51:32 AM »
Sorry, not buying it.

Who knew?

Mybe not the details of what the camps were, but pretty much everyone knew what the gist of things was.  The Warsaw ghetto was known to all.  Jews having to wear armbands was known to all.  Mein Kampf was known to all.  The vile propaganda was known to all-- and believed by most.

All this and much, much more was known to all.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 31, 2012, 08:07:29 AM »
Okay, point taken.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: May 31, 2012, 08:14:25 AM »
Thank you.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
German circumcision ban
« Reply #346 on: June 30, 2012, 03:13:06 PM »

Circumcision ban in Germany faces criticism
by Jared Yee | Jun 30, 2012 |

tags: circumcision, Germany

A state court decision in Cologne criminalising circumcision has sparked protest among Muslims and Jews for whom it is a religious duty. However, the state court in Cologne described circumcision as bodily injury, and therefore a violation of German law. At the heart of the debate is the child’s capacity to give informed consent to the procedure.
Holm Putzke, of Passau University, addressed circumcision in an academic journal in 2008. Putzke is not convinced by arguments that circumcision is "for the good of the child" because it symbolically gives the child access to a religious community. He suggests delaying circumcision until the man is old enough to decide for himself. Putzke describes the recent verdict as a "groundbreaking and courageous judgment".
Bijan Fateh-Moghadam, of Münster University, argues that childhood circumcision is a "relatively simple procedure with few risks and recognized medical advantages." He says, therefore, that parental permission does not, in this case, constitute an abuse of custody rights. Fateh-Moghadam says the Cologne verdict will not prevent Jewish and Muslim parents in Germany from circumcising their sons, though he thinks many will travel abroad or have the operation done in private. "I think the verdict could have a paradoxical effect - the level of protection for children will fall rather than rise," he warns. ~ Deutsche Welle, Jun 28

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
Yasir Arafat and the myths surrounding his death...
« Reply #347 on: July 06, 2012, 12:16:36 PM »
Yasir Arafat Is Still Dead and We Know Who Really Did Him In

Posted By Barry Rubin On July 6, 2012

Yasir Arafat is still dead. True, he was once alive. I sat across from him in his Gaza office, for example. And he even had a copy of my history of the PLO on his bookshelf so he must have been of sound mind at the time. It’s not my fault. I told him to start jogging and cut down on sweets. But he didn’t listen. On November 4, 2004, he died, a fate he previously delivered to thousands of far more innocent people.

The effort now by various Palestinian factions to imply Israel killed him is the funniest thing in the Middle East since the U.S. director of national intelligence’s congressional briefing when he said the Muslim Brotherhood was a secular democratic organization. What’s dismaying is how much play Western media are giving this charge as if it should be taken seriously. When the West behaves in this way it signals at the least a dangerously naive credulousness and at worst a profound anti-Jewish and anti-Israel complex. The New York Times and Washington Post take this nonsense seriously.

But there’s something else in this story, something very chilling indeed. Revolutionary Islamists especially, but many Muslims otherwise, believe that Jews tried to murder Muhammad, the founder of Islam, and even if they failed that the poison shortened his life. The accusation that Jews are the murderer of prophets — with Muslims throwing in the founder of Christianity also — is a phrase that derives from this story. It is frequently heard from Hamas and others. This is a blood libel, an alleged crime that then leads to the view that Jews are absolutely evil and should be wiped out. In short, it is a rationale for genocide. When Iran, Hamas, Hizballah, and the Muslim Brotherhood say that Israel should be wiped off the map and Jews generally should be murdered that incitement is the inevitable consequence of this line of thinking.

That Western observers are unaware of all of this history — repeated daily in inciteful sermons found in Middle East mosques — is quite evident. Such a lack of knowledge leads them to believe that the conflicts they say are easily resolvable, quickly settled by more Israeli concessions or still continuing because of Israeli actions when the causes are much deeper and the solutions far more remote. Western societies today are obsessed with searching everywhere for racism and hate speech. Well, the idea that the Jews murdered Arafat (rather than that Arafat spent most of his career murdering Jews) falls into that category.

As for the specific claims in the Arafat case, they are easily disposed of:

First of all, anyone who saw Arafat during the last year of his life knew he was seriously ill and steadily worsening. His lips trembled, he looked disoriented, and he wasn’t as articulate as usual. Even on television you couldn’t possibly miss his distress. Parkinson’s disease was a likely diagnosis though Crohn’s disease was said to be another probable medical problem for the dictator.

His doctors obviously knew that he was in bad shape. But, and this is what’s most important, they didn’t do anything about it. The prospect of Arafat’s death was so traumatic for the movement — which had known no other leader during 43 years for Fatah, 36 years for the PLO, and its entire ten year life for the Palestinian Authority. By not taking serious action and giving him better treatment, the key to the mystery is this: His own doctors and movement killed Arafat. So if Israel killed Arafat then his own doctors and the entire PLO, Fatah, and PA leadership were in on the conspiracy. Indeed, Arafat himself, by not more actively seeking medical help or speaking about his problems was also in on the conspiracy. This is unlikely.

Second, the doctors were shut up and the report of his death was kept secret by Arafat’s widow Suha Arafat. Since his colleagues had access to a lot of this information they also kept quiet. In other words, we are supposed to believe that those in the world who most hated Israel had evidence that Israel had something to do with his death but they kept it secret?

Third, suddenly, almost eight years later Suha and other Arafat loyalists are making claims. But there is no new evidence whatsoever. Obviously, this is a publicity stunt. Let them release the huge medical report on his death. Let them permit the French doctors to have a press conference. Let them dig up Arafat. Until one of those things happens why should the Western media fall for this trick? So again, if there was the slightest suspicion that Arafat was being murdered, Arafat’s wife, doctors, and all of the Palestinian leadership were helping the conspiracy. This is also unlikely.

Fourth, the claims that Arafat was poisoned by Israel using some exotic radioactive means has been made from the day Arafat was planted but have always faded away, at least internationally, because no evidence was offered. Old fables are being treated like new revelations. Such claims of Zionist conspiracies are always promoted in order to slander and discredit Israel when just about anyone significant dies in the Arab world.

Fifth, if Arafat had been poisoned by radioactive substances his symptoms would have been extreme and evident. They include nausea, hair loss, throat swelling and paleness. Moreover, Arafat would have died really fast, but he lingered for a long time.

The history of this myth shows that it is the Palestinian leadership, not Israel, that has something to hide, that has kept everything secret. I suspect the secret is the incompetence of his own doctors.

So did Arafat die of AIDs? After my own serious research on this matter I could find no evidence for this assertion. And I know that both Israeli and U.S. intelligence had no evidence that Arafat was homosexual either on the basis of in-depth discussions over many years. Sources like Ahmad Jibril — a life-long enemy of Arafat — and other unreliable sources cited are not impressive. If there is evidence to the contrary I will certainly revise my view. But you should know that the Israeli government and intelligence position–privately as well as publicly–is that they have no evidence of Arafat being a homosexual or suffering from AIDs.

The rumor began with an article by Oriana Fallaci whose only evidence was that his bodyguards at the time were extremely handsome young men. (By the time I was seeing him in the 1990s that was certainly not true at all.)

Of course, Arafat was a weird person and in our biography, Arafat: A Political Biography, Judith Colp Rubin and myself explain his psychology and personality. One of my favorite Palestinian jokes about Arafat recounts that he is patting the head of a little girl and asks her, “Whose daughter are you?”

She answers, “Yours.” Arafat was considered by his countrymen to be so cold that he didn’t recognize his own begotten daughter. The story is almost plausible.

But I repeat: there is no reason to think Arafat was a homosexual or died of AIDs or poisoning. He was overweight, ate an unhealthy diet, worked long hours, didn’t take care of himself (he believed eating honey would keep him healthy), and had very bad doctors despite their local reputations.

So we know who killed Arafat: his doctors, entourage, movement, and of course his own body. Yet when I go to Yahoo what do I see but Arafat’s “mysterious” death as the lead story in the entire world, as if any accusation made against Israel must be true.

Note: Here’s a history of the Israel-killed-Arafat tale in Palestinian Media Watch. For more analysis of why the claims are absurd see here and here. Note: Here’s a history of the Israel-killed-Arafat tale in Palestinian Media Watch. For more analysis of why the claims are absurd see here and here. Here’s some more information about the Israeli decision to let Arafat go to Paris. One interesting point is that it implies the French doctors took some action which might have been correct but could also imply that they are at fault for Arafat’s turn for the worse, giving them a motive for not revealing details of his treatment.

Article printed from Rubin Reports: http://pjmedia.com/barryrubin

URL to article: http://pjmedia.com/barryrubin/2012/07/06/yasir-arafat-is-still-dead-and-we-know-who-really-did-him-in/

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 15, 2012, 07:39:36 AM »
Berlin to Protect Right to Ritual Circumcision
By VANESSA FUHRMANS

BERLIN—Germany's government pledged Friday to pass a law to protect the ritual circumcision of young boys, seeking to calm a fractious debate over the religious rights of the country's Jews and Muslims that has erupted since a German court ruled the practice amounted to illegal bodily harm.

Chancellor Angela Merkel's chief spokesman called such legislation "a matter of urgency" after a district court in Cologne ruled in late June that a child's "fundamental right to physical integrity" superseded his parents' rights to carry out a religious practice. Because a child could decide later whether to have the circumcision on his own, that religious freedom wouldn't be unreasonably impaired, the court ruled.

The ruling has since unleashed an outpouring of criticism from Jewish and Muslim groups at home and abroad. The backlash has landed with particular resonance in a country still sensitive to accusations of religious intolerance as a result of the atrocities Nazis committed against Jews during the Third Reich. At an emergency meeting of the Conference of European Rabbis in Berlin earlier this week, its president called the court decision the "worst attack on Jewish life since the Holocaust."

Were the ruling to set a precedent, "there would be no future for most of the Jewish community in Germany," said Rabbi Pinchas Goldschmidt, the body's president.

On Friday, the government sought to quell the uproar and move to clarify the legal uncertainty that the court decision has triggered. "For everyone in the government, it's completely clear: We want Jewish and Muslim religious life in Germany," said Chancellor Angela Merkel's spokesman Steffen Seibert said. "Circumcisions carried out in a responsible manner must be possible in this country without punishment."

Germany is home to some four million Muslims, many of them originally from Turkey, as well as approximately 120,000 Jews, part of a community that has steadfastly rebuilt itself here since its near-obliteration during World War II. While Germany has sought to help re-establish its budding Jewish community and address its concerns, it has struggled, like many European countries, to integrate its swelling Muslim population.

The June 26 ruling stems from the case of a four-year-old Muslim boy who had been circumcised by a doctor at the behest of his parents. After complications developed and the boy was taken to the hospital, local prosecutors became aware of the case and took legal action against the doctor.

The lower court's ruling isn't binding on other jurisdictions, nor do legal experts anticipate it to set much of a precedence given court's position in Germany's judicial hierarchy. Still, the ruling has created a lot of legal uncertainty, and already had a stifling effect.

The German Medical Association earlier this week said the decision poses a legal quagmire for doctors and advised them not to perform such operations because of the risks of being prosecuted. The court ruling "isn't about banning religious rights," he said. "It's about delaying a religious act to ensure that children's rights are also protected."

Its president, Frank Ulrich Montgomery, warned the court's decision also could threaten children's health. Its president, Frank Ulrich Montgomery, warned the court's decision also could threaten children's health. One hospital that already has stopped performing religious circumcisions is the 250-year-old Jewish Hospital of Berlin. Last year, it performed roughly 300 circumcisions, on Muslim and Jewish boys. Since the Cologne court's ruling, though, the hospital said it has had to cancel five planned procedures.

"There is now the danger that laypeople will carry out the procedure instead, and that that will lead to considerable complications from the often unhygienic conditions alone," Dr. Montgomery said.

Holm Putzke, a German law professor from the University of Passau whose writings have played an influential role in Germany's legal debate over ritual circumcision, however, called the government's plans for legislation a "hasty reaction" that risked running afoul of Germany's constitution. Protecting the bodily harm of a child as a religious act opened the door to sanctioning other, more controversial practices under the guise of religious freedom he said.