Author Topic: Media, Ministry of Truth Issues  (Read 1032586 times)

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Media, Ministry of Truth Issues
« Reply #3700 on: March 08, 2023, 10:19:14 AM »
"But they were also false. The moment is strikingly reminiscent of the secretly recorded lament four years earlier of a New York Times editor in front of his entire staff about the paper’s failure to deliver the Trump collusion story its readers wanted."

WE ABSOLUTELY DID SEE EVERY VOTING CHANGE IMPLEMENTED AND MONEY FLOWING AND LAWYERS DESCENDING ALL AROUND THE COUNTRY ; BALLOT HARVESTING ALL BEING DONE IN FAVOR OF THE CRATS.

Me:
The smart response would absolutely be to mistrust the election
Only a dumb ass dupe would not question it.

" news [that]  resort and refuge for consumers who want disciplined, rational, evidence-respecting claims that self-respecting reporters and editors have vetted and put their imprimatur on."

Me:

Listening to O'Reilly's podcast his opinion is sadly, such  news outlets that provide
unbiased information simply DO NOT SELL.
Like the paramecium we want to hear news that jives with our opinions

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Why the Dems and their propaganda organs are in full panic mode
« Reply #3701 on: March 08, 2023, 10:58:28 AM »
Julie Kelly:
I did 2 radio interviews on the ride to O’Hare this morning.
When I finished, the driver asked if he could tell me something about January 6.
(Me: oh sh*t)
Driver: “January 6 was a movie. It was made by Democrats and the media. None of it was real.”
(Me: Phew)
He went on…
“They do this in the Middle East (he’s middle eastern). I watched this my whole life.”
“It’s not real. They did it to take out Trump.”

(Me: leaves nice tip)
(This is why regime and their media cut outs are in full blown panic mode.)

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: March 08, 2023, 11:02:10 AM »
“January 6 was a movie. It was made by Democrats and the media. None of it was real.”

can't we at least be objective here?

it did happen

hundreds broke into the Capital and trump did not care for hours

it was not 9/11 or Pearl Habor , or 1812
 but lets not go totally silly about it either

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: March 08, 2023, 04:28:42 PM »
OTOH the J6 of the J6 Committee WAS a movie.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
What are they afraid of?
« Reply #3704 on: March 09, 2023, 07:29:44 PM »
IMHO the team Tucker has assembled for his show sends him out there night after night with a remarkably high level of content.

I'm hoping they can do the work to find The Truth and get it out there for the world to see.

I like Tucker, but the entire library needs to be up on a searchable database, for everyone.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/why-are-they-afraid-release-suppressed-j6-footage-really-threat-our-democracy

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3705 on: March 10, 2023, 05:00:44 AM »
"I like Tucker, but the entire library needs to be up on a searchable database, for everyone."

In prinicpal yes.

OTOH McCarthy could count on Tucker to immunize against "security of the Capitol" accusations by running footage by the Capitol Police etc.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: March 10, 2023, 06:53:26 AM »
"I like Tucker, but the entire library needs to be up on a searchable database, for everyone."

In prinicpal yes.

OTOH McCarthy could count on Tucker to immunize against "security of the Capitol" accusations by running footage by the Capitol Police etc.

Think Swalwell ever took FangFang on special tours of the Capitol?

https://www.aei.org/op-eds/explain-the-chinese-spy-sen-feinstein/

Anytime a dem/government official cites "national security" it means covering up something criminal or a fact that damages their narrative.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Huffpost: Youngkin stumbles on set up CNN townhall
« Reply #3707 on: March 10, 2023, 07:17:22 AM »
me : no he didn't:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-virginia-governor-stumbles-trans-081359210.html

indeed the Governor was more gracious than I would have been.

look at some of the replies
claiming he did not answer the question when he clearly did in a logical considerate way.

these people are so mixed up in their heads
and are a small minority

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: March 10, 2023, 07:35:44 AM »
"Think Swalwell ever took FangFang on special tours of the Capitol? https://www.aei.org/op-eds/explain-the-chinese-spy-sen-feinstein/  Anytime a dem/government official cites "national security" it means covering up something criminal or a fact that damages their narrative."

Hence my choice of words:

"to immunize against "security of the Capitol" accusations"

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: March 10, 2023, 07:50:38 AM »
"Think Swalwell ever took FangFang on special tours of the Capitol? https://www.aei.org/op-eds/explain-the-chinese-spy-sen-feinstein/  Anytime a dem/government official cites "national security" it means covering up something criminal or a fact that damages their narrative."

Hence my choice of words:

"to immunize against "security of the Capitol" accusations"

It sure failed to do so. See what McTurtle (DC Uniparty) said:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/03/mcconnell-says-it-was-a-mistake-for-tucker-carlson-to-show-january-6-footage-that-government-fought-to-keep-hidden-video/

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: March 10, 2023, 07:51:44 AM »
Well OF COURSE the UniParty flaps its gums!  Duh!  OTOH McCarthy has defensive counter, whereas a full and general release would likely result in some users enabling such attacks to have merit/look like they might have merit.

Witness:
https://www.theepochtimes.com/mccarthy-agrees-to-full-public-release-of-jan-6-tapes_5112104.html?utm_source=News&src_src=News&utm_campaign=breaking-2023-03-10-1&src_cmp=breaking-2023-03-10-1&utm_medium=email&est=DJvGiumR2E4bEJPGx92ymUcDc9Kb79HQ1LKGk0%2BajLSxbn%2BOQo9Q6AOeKERKVX%2BKKeVd
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 07:55:32 AM by Crafty_Dog »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: March 10, 2023, 07:56:43 AM »
Well OF COURSE the UniParty flaps its gums!  Duh!  OTOH McCarthy has defensive counter, whereas a full and general release would likely result in some users enabling such attacks to have merit/look like they might have merit.

Like what? Please give me an example of what could be exposed.

Looks like Tucker took the knee.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/03/evidently-the-rumors-were-true-tucker-carlson-softens-j6-reports-and-releases-no-new-video-after-threats-from-schumer-and-others/

Our democracy has been saved!

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Tucker played the Jan 6 Committee partisanship in reverse
« Reply #3712 on: March 10, 2023, 08:11:20 AM »
I noticed
no video
I read it was to be for 4 days but I think only two
and some simply repeated viewings

He did not report it right
he was calling the whole 1/6 thing a scam
etc

it was not a scam - we all saw it happened
we saw videos of people crashing into the capital

but he completely ignored that and provided some counter video material
that DOES HAVE MERIT
but made it sound like that was the only reality when it was not.

there are two realities and both sides are picking and choosing their team's
side and totally ignoring the other

as for Mitch McConnell - I truly detest the man
I doubt his concussion will knock some sense into him.
In any case if he does not return one of his lackey's will take his place.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
PP:
« Reply #3713 on: March 10, 2023, 09:37:51 AM »
Why Didn't Pelosi Release the J6 Video?
"I'm actually not aware of any member of the committee who had access [to the videos]."

Mark Alexander

House and Senate Demos and their Leftmedia talkingheads and scribes are apoplectic about House Speaker Kevin McCarthy's release of video feeds of protesters inside the Capitol building on January 6, 2021. McCarthy chose to release those feeds to Fox News host Tucker Carlson in an effort to provide some modicum of balance about what happened inside the building because former Speaker Nancy Pelosi spent her last two years lying about those events and using her histrionic J6 "Insurrection™ Inquisition" to propagate those lies as political fodder ahead of last year's midterm election.

Given that the anticipated GOP congressional "red wave" turned into a "red ripple," despite Joe Biden's abysmal approval ratings, Pelosi's strategy to keep the "fear Trump" sentiments invigorated two years after Donald Trump's departure worked.

We have written both objectively and thoroughly about the J6 protest and riot. We have pulled no punches about the violent jackass thugs battling police outside the Capitol building, nor hidden the mostly docile protesters milling about inside the Capitol. Given the violence outside the building, Capitol Police did what they could to de-escalate a resurgence of violence inside the building. With the exception of the unjustifiable shooting death of Ashli Babbitt by inept Capitol Police Officer Michael Byrd, they largely succeeded.

We also thoroughly documented the circumstances regarding the death of U.S. Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, an Air Force veteran and Trump supporter, who died a day after the riot of natural causes as confirmed by the U.S. Capitol Police. However, the Biden administration had that information intentionally suppressed for months so that Pelosi and Chuck Schumer could desecrate his life of service by using his death as political fodder.

For the record, while no police officers were killed by J6 protesters, despite continued assertions to the contrary, there were 140 police officers injured that day (more than the 114 claimed by Capitol video expositor Tucker Carlson). By contrast, six months earlier, according to a federal government assessment, "Federal Protective Services, the Secret Service and the Park Police reported that at least 180 officers were injured during the demonstrations" by actual insurrectionists at Lafayette Square outside the White House — violently assaulted by Black Lives Matter radicals and antifa movement fascists who were attempting to establish a "Black House Autonomous Zone."

But you don't hear about the Lafayette Square assault on officers because that "summer of rage violence" nationwide was just one of the "burn, loot, and murder" riots fomented by Biden and his "unity cadres" in connection with their pre-2020 election "systemic racism" lie.

Tucker Carlson's assessment of the videos would be far more credible if he would not make absurd claims like asserting that Capitol Police acted like "tour guides." That and other equally spurious assertions have earned him some Republican pushback. That notwithstanding, his assessment of the prosecution of "QAnon Shaman" Jacob Chansley is largely spot on.

What's next?

Speaker McCarthy will be releasing all the video feeds to the public in conjunction with a Republican investigation of the Demos' J6 Committee. At that time, other news outlets can then draw their own conclusions about what happened inside the Capitol.

Remarkably however, Pelosi's former J6 Committee chairman, Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS), claimed this week that his committee members did not have access to the videos: "I'm actually not aware of any member of the committee who had access. We had a team of employees who kind of went through the video." He added that release of the footage is "strictly a new policy that the new speaker has put in place."

That raises a key question that nobody is asking: Why didn't Pelosi release the J6 video?

The short answer is obvious: Biden, Pelosi, and Schumer wanted to maintain total control on the J6 narrative, and they succeeded.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Maxine Waters changes message
« Reply #3717 on: March 14, 2023, 05:22:12 PM »
saw earlier Maxine waters did not blame Trump for bank problem

then later in day message changed ala
MSM
that she now does blame him

lets in unison say *not* "bailout "

bailout

I wish I could get insurance after the fact .........

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: March 16, 2023, 08:07:15 AM »
I think I intuit the gist of "psywar" but would love to have a crisp definition for use in conversation.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: March 17, 2023, 07:27:43 AM »
I think I intuit the gist of "psywar" but would love to have a crisp definition for use in conversation.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/psychological-warfare

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
so what is an "influencer "
« Reply #3724 on: March 18, 2023, 09:15:44 PM »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Reminder
« Reply #3725 on: March 20, 2023, 07:57:11 AM »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Comcast/Direct TV & Newsmax (and Brian Roberts)
« Reply #3728 on: March 22, 2023, 02:14:10 PM »
https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/newsmax-directv/2023/03/22/id/1113356/

as pointed out by Bill O'Reilly

the CEO of Comcast , owner of Direct TV, is Brian Roberts who 

is a MAJOR activist for the DEMOCRATS:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_L._Roberts

:wink:

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
most prolific wikipedia editor according to ... Wikipedia
« Reply #3729 on: March 24, 2023, 08:14:04 AM »
check this out
"list" of top contributors
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:List_of_Wikipedians_by_number_of_edits

we don't even know who these people are

likely IT lefties

maybe liberal university people
maybe even CCP or Ruski moles

funny this guy who is supposedly
the biggest editor with over half mill edits  :-o

is 38 yo son Russian Jews who lives with parents near DC and likes opera
  and is committed to put more about notable women on the website
  so apparently he has nothing better to do 

he has credits on TIME mag and CBS news -

no mention who he votes for , but I could guess it ain't Republicans

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: most prolific wikipedia editor according to ... Wikipedia
« Reply #3730 on: March 24, 2023, 09:10:25 AM »
check this out
"list" of top contributors
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:List_of_Wikipedians_by_number_of_edits

we don't even know who these people are

likely IT lefties

maybe liberal university people
maybe even CCP or Ruski moles

funny this guy who is supposedly
the biggest editor with over half mill edits  :-o

is 38 yo son Russian Jews who lives with parents near DC and likes opera
  and is committed to put more about notable women on the website
  so apparently he has nothing better to do 

he has credits on TIME mag and CBS news -

no mention who he votes for , but I could guess it ain't Republicans

If you don’t know

You know.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
NRO: In defense of FOX in the Dominion Suit
« Reply #3731 on: March 28, 2023, 08:14:25 AM »
NR PLUS MEMBER FULL VIEW
Why the Legal Case against Fox News Might Fail

On the menu today: An in-depth interview with Paul Clement, the former solicitor general representing Fox News in the defamation lawsuits filed by Dominion Voting Systems and Smartmatic.

Inside Fox News’ Defense against the Defamation Claims

Over in that other Washington publication I write for, I have a column built around an interview with Paul Clement, the former solicitor general under George W. Bush and the lawyer representing Fox News in the $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit filed by Dominion Voting Systems Corporation and a similar $2.3 billion defamation lawsuit filed by Smartmatic.

At issue in the Dominion and Smartmatic cases is not whether you like Fox News, or whether you liked or disliked how they covered former president Donald Trump’s claims that the 2020 election was stolen, or whether all the emails and text messages released in the discovery process are embarrassing to the network. (Make no mistake: They are.)

The case hinges upon the voting-machine companies’ proving that something Fox News said or did during the post-election period was not covered by the First Amendment’s protections as they relate to defamation. One of the first points in Fox News’ defense is that Dominion and Smartmatic may have legitimate defamation claims against President Trump, Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, or any number of other Trump-campaign surrogates who made false claims about the voting systems. In an early filing in this legal battle, Clement wrote: “If those surrogates fabricated evidence or told lies with actual malice, then a defamation action may lie against them, but not against the media that covered their allegations and allowed [the guests] to try to substantiate them.”

Clement and Fox News are arguing that journalists cannot and should not be held financially and legally liable for the answers of their guests after they ask a question.

“From the Fox perspective, the principle here is incredibly important,” Clement told me. “This isn’t going to be the last story where there are allegations that are newsworthy, and they’re newsworthy because the president is making them, or a governor is making them, or a presidential candidate is making them.”

Both cases are filed in New York State court, and New York law governs the substantive-defamation issues in each. In a 1995 case, Brian v. Richardson, the New York Court of Appeals held — in the context of allegations of election interference printed on the op-ed page of the New York Times in 1991 — that a reasonable viewer, when considering a statement in the “over-all context in which the assertions were made,” would understand the statement “as mere allegations to be investigated rather than as facts.” In other words, reporting an allegation does not, by itself, meet the legal threshold for defamation.

In Brian v. Richardson, one of the key points was that the claims appeared on the op-ed page and thus were sufficiently labeled as opinion. Clement argues that this is comparable to the claims on programs like that of Lou Dobbs.

Dobbs was one of the Fox News hosts who most ardently and enthusiastically embraced the claims that the election was stolen, and that sinister machinations had altered the vote totals. On November 30, 2020, Dobbs thundered, “This president has to take, I believe, drastic action, dramatic action, to make certain that the integrity of this election is understood, or lack of it, the crimes that have been committed against him and the American people.” Dobbs had his program canceled in February 2021.

But Clement argues those are expressions of opinion protected by the First Amendment; many cases have established the precedent that an opinion is not a statement of fact and is not defamatory, as it expresses the speaker’s subjective views.

“A lot of [Dobbs’] statements that come the closest to supporting what Giuliani or Powell said, those statements themselves are protected opinion,” Clement told me. “The broader nature of the Lou Dobbs show is important context for trying to figure out whether that’s opinion or not. . . . These are the statements that come closest to pure opinion, which is independently protected under the First Amendment.”

Jeanine Pirro concluded an interview with Powell on November 18, 2020, and said, “Sidney Powell, good luck on your mission.” Some will contend that statement goes beyond reporting what Powell is claiming and represents a de facto endorsement of Powell and her unproven conspiratorial allegations. But Clement contends that’s reading too much into Pirro’s words.

“If you’re going to say things like, ‘good luck’ or ‘thanks for coming in,’ and you’re going to interview sympathetically, maybe one network is going to get a guest to come on that another network isn’t going to get,” Clement told me. “But that’s all got to be protected, because that’s the freedom of the press in action, as far as I’m concerned. . . . The law can’t be that you’re protected if you report the allegations skeptically, but you’re not protected if you report the same allegations sympathetically. That’s how we get to the truth in some of these situations.”

Clement contends that there’s a curious omission from the Dominion lawsuits against Fox News: Maria Bartiromo’s interview with Donald Trump November 29, 2020 — his first television interview after the election — in which the president ranted:

You have leaders of countries that call me, say, that’s the most messed-up election we have ever seen. You start with these machines that have been suspect, not allowed to be used in Texas, the Dominion machines, where tremendous reports have been put out. We have affidavits on — from many people talking about what went on with machines. They had glitches. You know what a glitch is. That’s — a glitch is supposed to be when a machine breaks down. Well, no, we had glitches where they moved thousands of votes from my account to Biden’s account. So, they’re not glitches. They’re theft. They’re fraud, absolute fraud. And there were many of them, but, obviously, most of them tremendous amounts, got by without us catching.

If any statement after the election qualifies as defamation of Dominion, Trump’s would be it. But it’s not cited in the Dominion suit, likely because no one in their right mind would dispute that the fact that the sitting president was making such claims was legitimate news.

“If you take a step back and think what statements and by whom would have most moved the needle on people’s perceptions of Dominion, it has to be President Trump saying it moves the needle more than Sidney Powell saying it,” Clement said Friday. “It’s the most newsworthy thing imaginable.”

With the release of all the embarrassing texts and emails, Dominion may well be winning the fight in the court of public opinion.

“Does it make the job a little more difficult or a little more challenging? Sure,” Clement admits. “But I think everybody in the legal process is or should be used to this, and so I think we will be able to focus in on the relevant questions.”

“My job is to focus on what I can control and what’s inside the courtroom,” Clement told me. “I’m not surprised that Dominion has played it the way that they have. Have they had fun in the discovery process? Sure. But ultimately what’s going to matter in the trial court and in the courts of appeals is the broader First Amendment principles that are at stake here.”

Clement points out that the law’s definition of actual malice focuses entirely upon the speaker, and that the views of other figures in the institution are immaterial. “Under the First Amendment, it doesn’t and shouldn’t matter that somebody else in the Fox corporate chain had a different view of these allegations than Lou Dobbs or Maria or Jeanine Pirro . . . in a court of law, those kinds of distinctions matter a great deal, and all that really matters is the intent of the speaker at the time of the speech.”

Clement laid out how this case will have far-reaching ramifications for conservative media, or any media organization that goes against the grain of the coverage of other news organizations.

“It is pretty obvious, given where we are right now, when there are allegations or denials, Fox is going to report them differently than they’re going to be reported in a lot of the mainstream press,” Clement told me. “In order for the First Amendment principles to work here, they have to be neutral. Conservative media faces a built-in challenge in these libel and defamation cases. If the New York Times gets sued, it’s going to be able to point to a dozen other mainstream-media household-name media companies that reported the same thing in a same way. It’s like they have a built-in defense. Given the way the media works, in the balance of reporting, the conservative media, or somebody like Fox, is in a much more vulnerable position. If they report it, and the underlying allegations aren’t true, they’re much more out there on an island.”

From my perspective, Fox News earned a lot of fair criticism for the way it handled the nonsensical conspiracy theories put forth by Trump and unhinged acolytes such as Giuliani and Powell. But the country, and all its news organizations, were in uncharted waters. We’ve never had a president whose legal advisers made up stories about Venezuelan hackers or the CIA director having been injured in Germany while trying to seize an election-related computer server. Individuals who were in traditionally powerful positions — the president and his private legal team — were utterly deranged. Sidney Powell later contended in a filing in federal court that “no reasonable person would conclude that [her] statements were truly statements of fact.”

But there’s a wide gap between the questions, “Is this good and responsible journalism?” or “Did Pirro, Dobbs, and the rest handle these cockamamie conspiracy theories with the appropriate level of skepticism while on camera?” and the question, “Is this the kind of decision that makes a company liable for a collective $4 billion in damages?” And it’s very tough for a court to impose sanctions upon Fox News without inflicting collateral damage on the current First Amendment protections of journalists.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
populist press is back
« Reply #3732 on: March 28, 2023, 10:58:29 AM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3735 on: April 01, 2023, 08:38:12 AM »
I was listening to O'Reilly podcast and he discussed this.

BTW his podcast is very good ; here stuff not in usual news or before it gets to usual news

he points out that ALL the cable network viewership is down

Fox CNN MSPCP

he states the younger people are not watching ( I guess too busy with internet news tiktok twitter etc )

he thinks cable news is a dying industry
similar to I forget who was saying about movie theaters .

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: April 07, 2023, 09:02:38 AM »
Bill O'Reilly states in the 90s he regularly got over 4 million viewers

my aunt told me she thought MadCow was a "genius"

of course her source for everything was the NYT.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
from one obnoxious Democrat partisan lib to the next
« Reply #3739 on: April 07, 2023, 03:06:35 PM »
CNN:
https://nypost.com/2023/04/07/cnns-kaitlan-collins-to-host-primetime-next-week-sparking-shakeup-chatter/

CNN to become less partisan
less in the tank for crats

if CNN was really serious about real change , THAT would have been a surprise

Zucker -> Licht = the same

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
NYT to leaker house before feds
« Reply #3743 on: April 13, 2023, 12:05:50 PM »
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/04/leaker-of-ukraine-classified-documents-reportedly-arrested-nytimes-arrived-at-house-before-the-feds/

I don't get it
they must be bribing people for leaks , info

since the leaker may be right wing they find leaker faster then they can spit ...

but they cannot find who bombed nordstream  :roll:
or SCOTUS leaker  :roll:

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: April 16, 2023, 09:35:00 AM »
As a patriotic American I have a big problem with the notion that it is OK to sign and violate a secrecy agreement and in so doing reveal sources and methods.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: April 16, 2023, 09:37:03 AM »
As a patriotic American I have a big problem with the notion that it is OK to sign and violate a secrecy agreement and in so doing reveal sources and methods.

Like Hillary and Vindman did? Biden?